Description de Oracle Database
Base de données relationnelle d'entreprise de premier ordre offrant une gestion sécurisée des données et un traitement des transactions.
Informations sur Oracle Database
Fondé en 1977
Prix de Oracle Database
Oracle Database n'est pas disponible en version gratuite mais propose un essai gratuit. Voir plus d'informations concernant le prix de Oracle Database ci-dessous.
Oracle Database - Fonctionnalités
Information non fournie
Avis sur Oracle Database
Afficher 5 avis sur 281
Publié le 31/07/2018
It is considered the database manager par excellence worldwide, however it has its detractors
Commentaires: I have learned a lot using Oracle, it would be great if it were not so expensive, as well as being certified in it. It is important to know that a well-crafted database will work in any database manager, Oracle can not solve faults or problems in a poorly-related database
- Allows the management of relational databases from very simple to large volumes of data.
- Because it is relational, the PL / SQL language is used.
- It is agile, consistent and robust.
- It has all the functionalities that a DBA would like to have for the management, control and performance of the databases.
- A well-configured cluster with Oracle is practically invincible.
- Oracle is currently bringing all its products and services to the cloud, that is, based on Internet.
- The graphic tools used with Oracle are intuitive and easy to use, practically They do all the work.
- The tools also allow you to intone databases, improve performance, give you alerts.
- Allows to make backup copies, partitions, manage users to control the security of information.
- An Oracle license is very expensive, so it is not accessible to everyone.
- Staff with knowledge in Oracle is equally expensive, information costs money!
- It is difficult to access information related to the driver, its configuration and maintenance.
- For DBA without experience, a configuration is complicated by the amount of details that must be consider.
- If you do not have a graphical interface to work with Oracle, you should have knowledge in commands to work in consoles or terminals.
Publié le 28/10/2019
Review for Oracle Database
The overall experience with the Oracle Database was excellent.
I did my college semester project with it and my final year project has it in it too.
1. It did almost everything I wanted to did for my semester project and what it wasn't able to do was always added in the next update. A pleasant surprise.
2. PL/SQL was so difficult for me . But still the documentation made it easy.
3. It's core is a relational database, which is a mathematical model and makes it easier for people from science and mathematics background to understand and use.
1. Felt a bit overwhelming in the first few days of its use.
2. So many features and syntax are prone to be forgotten.
3. Expensive if you want to use a particular or minority of features.
Publié le 21/01/2020
The best of the best
Commentaires: An absolute beast of a DBMS. It has everything that you may need. And if for some reason it doesn't - it allows you to make it yourself. Oracle is a no-brainer if money is not an issue.
Avantages: Oracle is an absolute powerhouse. Currently it is the best database management system on the market and the only paid one. That is for a reason, nd that reason is that it features the best scripting language called PLSQL. It's turing-complete (meaning you can theoretically do literally anything) and makes room for unimaginambly complex calculations and transformations. Oracle DB allows for storing huge amounts of data and have access to it at a moments notice.
Inconvénients: Despite offering more than enough value for money, I do still consider it overpriced. Huge price tags often deter smaller enterprises from using a platform and nobody should miss out on Oracle DB.
Publié le 30/10/2019
Oracle Database Review
Commentaires: Overall it is a good database for clients whose applications needs to handle the heavy load of data.
Avantages: Oracle database supports PL/SQL which allows user to write complex queries in procedures/functions which relatively gives better performance. Oracle database can be better equipped and scaled for heavy load applications. we have lot of documentation in the internet for oracle database usage. Oracle Drivers(API) are available for all the Programming languages which makes easy to connect database from the code. It has reliable security configuration which makes database administrator life easier. This is platform independent and can be installed in any OS(Windows, Linux ). It supports CSV, Excel and Plain Text files for Uploading. It also supports inbuilt AQ (Advanced queue) which can be used for event based applications.
Inconvénients: Licensing cost is not greatly affordable for smaller size companies. Query performance is slow for tables which has millions of rows unless you optimize(tune) the query. Oracle Customer Service response is not that friendly.
Publié le 17/04/2019
Old and Outdated and in need of refurbishing/needs to be replaced by some new Google product
Commentaires: Oracle helped our business use secure filesharing, but wasn't great. We stored a lot of stuff on their database but I am overall not a fan. It was helpful to our company, but I feel like there HAS to be bigger and better and more user-friendly products out there doing a better job.
Avantages: Had to use it for work. It was ok for filesharing, but I feel like half the time it didn't work anyway.
Inconvénients: DEFINITELY needs a facelift in terms of its GUI. I thiiiink it needs to be more secure too, I feel like we had issues with security but I could be wrong. Seems old and outdated and like it should have already been replaced and made obsolete by some sexy new Google or startup product.