par Amazon Web Services
Logiciels les + demandés
Notes moyennes101 avis
- Note globale 4.5 / 5
- Facilité d'utilisation 4.5 / 5
- Service client 4.5 / 5
- Fonctionnalités 4.5 / 5
- Rapport qualité-prix 4.5 / 5
Informations sur le produit
- Version gratuite Non
- Version d'essai gratuite Oui
Cloud, SaaS, web
Informations sur l'éditeur
- Amazon Web Services
En savoir plus sur Amazon RDS
Le service de base de données relationnelle Amazon simplifie le dimensionnement et la gestion d'une base de données relationnelle. Il supporte six types de moteurs de base de données.
Amazon RDS - Fonctionnalités
- Analyse des performances
- Conversion de bases de données
- Migration de données
- Optimisation du stockage
- Traitement analytique en ligne
Avis les plus utiles sur Amazon RDS
Publié le 17/04/2019
Best managed relational database service in the market!
Commentaires: Choosing RDS was the best strategic decision we made. We saved a lot of time to focus on our company's growth instead of dealing with operations.
Avantages: We have been using AWS RDS with MySQL since 2015. It is the best option we encountered in the market to set up, operate and scale a relational database in the cloud. Management Console is really easy to use. You can create, restore and scale any size of database in a matter of minutes. You should however be familiar with the technical term AWS uses. Be careful when you choose between General Purpose and Provisioned IOPS types. Multi-AZ feature is a life saver if you have a database that cannot tolerate any downtime. Point in time recovery saved us a lot. Also RDS takes automatic backups regularly. You should also try Amazon Aurora which is an engine compatible with MySQL and PostgreSQL. AWS built Aurora for itself and the underlying technology is mind blowing.
Inconvénients: You should be careful with the price of Amazon RDS and keep an eye on CloudWatch and Trusted Advisor. It gets expensive depending on usage but still it is worth not to struggle with operational problems.
Publié le 13/02/2019
Setting up a "serversless" database environment inminutes
Commentaires: Since we start using RDS it saves us a lot of time. You can start with a small instance and very easily grow to a larger instance and a multi AZ (High available) setup. No need to worry about disk space anymore for backups or snapshots. Amazon doesn't run out of space. You can setup automated backup with a retention of 35 days max but if you need to keep backups longer you can create manual snapshots and keep them forever.
- Very easy to setup
- Creating database environments including HA in minutes
- Creating a HA environment without having to know anything about database replication
- Upgrading the DB engine with a click of a mouse
- Very ease to create backups (and setup automated snapshots)
- Easy to restore
- Can be managed via the weg GUI but also via the very powerful AWS CLI
- No need to manage an Operating system
- Changing instanced types if you need more or less CPU/memory.
- Dynamically change the storage
- Performance is very good
- On Aurora the disk spaces grows automatically when the database grows. But when deleting lots of data its not possible to shrink the file system.
- No root access to server (which we never missed since using RDS)