Ceritify app and control software specifically targets and organizes our teams travel log and finance expense reports.

Publié le 27/12/2018
Louis C.
Lead Purchase / Sales
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our team experienced an immediate affinity for Certify as an application which we are using along side our current CRM
in order to organize , track , and to monitor travel compliant policy alterations for our yearly , very busy travel schedule.
Certify as such has become a concrete asset as we save on needless and potentially expensive travel costs.

Avantages: We found that Certify readily integrates inside of our current Control Management Software quite efficiently and easily.
Certify's own management team help sire us through this process which ultimately reduced our dependency on IT
support which can be costly. Certify offers easy to use tools that allow our employees and resource allocation
to create fine tuned reports designed to address monetary waste as well to increase cost efficiency. As advised by Certify's team,
we are paying particular attention to travel mileage as well as incurred airfare. AP report generation is also available for our
accounting in order to focus on reimbursable costs for each department or by employee.

Inconvénients: We did notice occasional operational instability in the form of minor bugs with this program as well as the necessary synchronization
that must be initialized by each employee per server , however overall these inconveniences were mitigated through
intervention from Certify's capable client service department. They suggested quite effective work around solutions
to keep our report flow steady and current.

Certify Expense Reports

Publié le 22/12/2017
Randal H.
Accountant
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Some of the initial set up takes a little bit of time because if it is done wrong the errors will compound with time. Initial set up is key.

Avantages: The software is easy to use, both for the back office and for the people out in the field. The processing of expense reports and the integration into out Quickbooks is much quicker than doing it all by hand.

Inconvénients: We had some errors in the beginning of our use with Certify, in that the software would not allow us the ability to process credit card payments for some of our "Current Assets". I find this strange that nowadays with the use of credit cards for so much of purchasing in the world, that there would be a category of expenses that the software would not recognize. Certify was very helpful in tracking down this issue and explaining it to us.

Easy to use travel and expense system

Publié le 04/07/2019
Melanie S.
Bookkeeper
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The business problem I am solving with using Certify is keeping all of the expense reimbursements organized. With the organization I currently work with, there are a lot of sales people who do a great deal of traveling that they get reimbursed for. It was difficult in the past to manually look at each receipt and total the amounts. With the system, it helps to streamline the process.

Avantages: I like that Certify sends me individual emails for each employee that has submitted an expense reimbursement. It also provides reminders if an expense has been submitted but not approved yet. This helps to keep everything organized and ensure nothing gets missed. With the system, Certify allows the approver to click into each expense and view the receipt. It is easy to approve and if you need to write a note to the employee you can do so within the system. For example, if an employee forgets to submit a receipt, I just write a note to them within the system to please upload the receipt. I then get an email when the employee responds.

Inconvénients: I have had an issue in the past where the employees would not receive emails when I write a note to them in the system. They would have to log into Certify. This issue has since seemed to have been fixed. Other than that the system is easy to use.

Trinity Logistics

Publié le 21/11/2018
Lauren V.
Director of Corporate Services
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With Certify our expenses of booking travel are down and it is also an accountability tool in managing our travel policy.

Avantages: This is a very intuitive easy to use software but the biggest Pro to this is their customer service. i can't say enough about their service especially on the travel side. Any problem we have ever had in the travel side was immediately taken care of. Very personable. As a user who does travel for the team almost weekly it is such a timer saver to have a service that keeps every ones information on file and provide you with every travel option on one screen. Booking travel is a breeze with certify and the reporting comes directly into the system without having to capture those travel receipts for air, hotel or rental cars.

Inconvénients: Occasionally when you upload receipts it puts the receipt in as a separate entry. I have not figured out what I do to make that happen but it seems to do it most if I don't autofill my receipts. It's not a big issue but more of an annoyance when it happens. That said, its a great product.

Ease of use in the field.

Publié le 05/04/2019
Yvonne P.
Support Staff
Services à la personne et aux familles, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Entry is very easy with the mobile app. I use this in the field. It is so much more convenient than doing expense reports longhand and having to fax in. Data entry is very fast. Sending in for review and processing is seamless. The few times I needed directions I was able to get accurate help from customer service immediately. They are professional, knowledgeable, and supportive.

Inconvénients: The app has minimal instructions for correcting entry errors after the expense report has been generated. Customer service redeemed this issue by being very knowledgeable and helpful. The available tutorials also only cover general field usage with no help for doing fixes. Also, photos of receipts do not always accurately fill the expense field and do need to be reviewed before saving in order to correct blank or incorrect fields.

Great Software When You Implement it Correctly

Publié le 05/12/2018
Emmanuel A.
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: When I worked for a company that already had the software up and running and had time to work out the implementation bugs, it worked great. If you can try to include yourself in any focus groups or test cases during testing, so you can make sure that your regular expenses will be able to be entered.

Avantages: As far as travel and expense software go, Certify is very easy to use. The first time onscreen prompts help you figure out how to enter expenses for reimbursements. I've used other mobile expense software, and I would have to say that Certify has the friendliest interface, and it is difficult to get wrong. The menus and layout make it easy to find current submissions, past reimbursements, and to update your profile.

Inconvénients: I have worked at a company where we switched from one T&E software to Certify, and the experience was terrible. While the interface was great, there were too many steps required in order to enter an expenses. I would also have trouble when I tried to split an expense for a single charge, and had to contact my accounting department as well as Certify Support. It was determined that certain steps were overlooked when the initial implementation of the software was done, so it took an extra 2-weeks, before I could correct my error. Unfortunately for me, this pushed me into the window where the Credit Card I used got charged the interest for that month. I was of course paid back, but it was a hassle none the less.

Creating expense reports couldn't be easier!

Publié le 25/02/2019
Risa D.
Success Program Director
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Before Certify, I had to physically tape receipts to a piece of paper and scan it to our finance department. Now, I take pictures of receipts as I get them or forward receipts from my email. I can then easily create, send, and approve expense reports.

Avantages: Creating expense reports couldn't be easier! I set up my account so that I can forward email receipts directly to Certify and the app makes it super easy to snap photos of receipts and upload them. In my role, I also have to approve expense reports - Certify makes it easy to do that (and make edits when something is submitted incorrectly). PLUS, their customer service is great - they are super supportive and friendly and are able to resolve any issues that arise quickly.

Inconvénients: There's not much I don't like about it, but sometimes Certify will guess what expense category something belongs in, but it is often wrong (I just ignore it, so it's not a huge problem).

This software is like an "EASY" button for life!

Publié le 10/07/2018
Heather D.
Claims Specialist
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The ability to keep track of every mileage reimbursement that I had ever had!

Avantages: When traveling as much as I used to for work, Certify gave me the ability to not only keep track of where I went, but the notes feature allowed me to keep track of why I was going there.
I actually had an error occur at work which caused me to have to go back 3 YEARS and give the accounting department a list of every time I drove to headquarters. Being able to go back into Certify to find specific times/dates/mileage/etc. helped me prove that I was actually owed a few hundred dollars! It was no fault of my company or myself, just one of those oversights that could have been missed by anyone. But had I not had Certify and it's ability to keep track of EVERYTHING, I never would have been able to prove the error had occurred!

Inconvénients: Even though I used the app on my phone for years, I still found myself getting confused when it came to determining whether I needed to create an "expense" or a "receipt" - I think there should/could be an easier way to label these two options so that it identifies more with what each one actually means. While it may look as though it should be self-explanatory, there were times when I would just forget.

Great Solution for a team with heavy travel

Publié le 26/08/2019
Vince S.
Chief Enrollment Officer
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We switched from excel based spreadsheets for expenses and having to tape receipts onto pages to submit. This makes life so much easier when on the road. I can approve reports much quicker now that they are cloud-based.

Avantages: Ability to track expenses for a team. Smartphone use, from uploading receipts to booking travel, makes it easy to stay on top of the expense reports.

Inconvénients: Some of my team likes to book travel by train and this isn't very easy to do through Certify. Sometimes flight changes have not been communicated in a timely fashion to some of the team.

Certify Employee Review

Publié le 27/03/2019
Madison T.
Employee Engagement
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A huge business problem that certify has to help me to fix, is cutting unnecessary cost in our company. With its easy to use software, I was able to see what cost I could cut, therefore saving our company more money!

Avantages: This software is really great. I provide all the snacks, office supplies, and other employee-related equipment to my team of about 120 employees. Therefore I use Certify a lot and its extremely easy to use. I love how I can just snap a photo an upload my receipt right after purchase to keep things in order. It also gives you tips and tricks if you mess up an expense. I would highly recommend this software to any companies that have company credit cards. It's very easy to learn and very easy to use!

Inconvénients: There really is not a lot of things I dislike about Certfity. I use it every day and I find it a very easy product to use.!

Convenient One Stop Product for our Team's needs

Publié le 24/09/2019
Lauren V.
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We love this product and in my 8 years here we have had two others that were difficult and the customer service left a lot to be desired. Great product and Great Service.

Avantages: As the person who books travel for our entire leadership team, I love that I can go to one reliable source and search all travel options. Trying to create itineraries that meet all their schedules is challenging but this software enables me to look at all the options in one place. We originally used it for airfare but have come to rely on it for hotels and car rentals as well. I also have to give a "10" to their customer service. They are prompt, friendly and reliable. I never have to wait for an answer and when we need to make changes they take right over and get it done.

Inconvénients: To be honest, I really can't think of a "con". I have never had an issue with Certify Travel & Expense.

i have been using this for my bill sand find is easier to use than our prior method

Publié le 08/06/2018
Rajan A.
nobody

Commentaires: easy to use

Avantages: ease of use, easy to try and figure out things on my own Drug metabolism is the conversion or breakdown of drugs into more soluble forms through a specialized set of enzymes in living organisms. During this process, drug efficacy and safety issues may occur. For example, drug metabolic stability can affect the clearance rate of the drugs, thus influence the dosing strategy. Potential interactions between drugs and drug metabolizing enzymes can cause induction or inhibition of the enzymes, leading to increased or decreased drug exposures, especially when two or more drugs are present. Thus it' s necessary to assess the metabolic patterns and properties of your compounds.

Inconvénients: i cannot think of any right off hand Drug metabolism is the conversion or breakdown of drugs into more soluble forms through a specialized set of enzymes in living organisms. During this process, drug efficacy and safety issues may occur. For example, drug metabolic stability can affect the clearance rate of the drugs, thus influence the dosing strategy. Potential interactions between drugs and drug metabolizing enzymes can cause induction or inhibition of the enzymes, leading to increased or decreased drug exposures, especially when two or more drugs are present. Thus it' s necessary to assess the metabolic patterns and properties of your compounds.

Easy and Intuitive Program

Publié le 04/04/2019
Nancy D.
Territory Account Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Saving time is the biggest benefit I see. Being able to enter receipts on the go and have them sync up and then auto-populate my expense report is one HUGE thing I can check off my long list of "to do's".

Avantages: I love how easy and convenient this software is to use and because of this I rarely if ever "forget" to upload a receipt. I use the mobile app "on the spot" as I wait for my catering order or before I start my car to drive to the next office. It's great!

Inconvénients: It is hard to come up with any major cons. I guess if I had to pick something it would be to have fewer categories on the mobile app in the section where you enter the expense description. However, this is not a big deal at all.

Certify for my teams

Publié le 08/04/2019
Pam C.
Executive Admin
Télécommunications, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use this to software daily, both for creating expense reports for others or approving for my Director.
It is easy to use and I appreciate being able to leave additional comments

Avantages: easy to use, software is straightforward

Inconvénients: This is probably my company's choice but the categories that are listed for how we are to list the expense (travel-meals, others meals, mileage) the categories are not explained well and often I do not know what to choose. How strict do we need to be with these categories, are they truly linked to something we are tracking?

Certify used for Travel, Entertainment and P-card

Publié le 02/12/2016
Merry H.
Accounts Payable Manager
Vente au détail, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Certify from a user perspective is easy to learn and use. The mobility tool to take images of receipts in easy to use. The quality of the receipt is good. The OCR technology does a pretty good job at reading the receipts. It is user friendly from a system administration perspective as well. It is click not code. There are simple changes that a system administrator can complete rather than needing to go back to IT to make coding changes. The response time from the helpdesk in fairly quick as well. The account rep/helpdesk was willing to answer my questions as I was learning how to support they system from a system administrator perspective.

Avantages: How easy it is from a system administration and end user perspective to us.

Inconvénients: We use the out of box solution. The is some company specific configuration. If there is a feature you would like, you may not always be able to get that feature. Certify will put it on a list and if enough customers request, they may make the change. I also understand that customizing a system to one company is difficult to support. In my experience with expense tools, customizing a system to a particular company is more difficult to support. Using the system the way Certify intended is a better road to travel.

My use of Certify

Publié le 16/12/2016
Mike C.
VP of Metering & Technical Services
Vente en gros, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was lamenting the loss of productivity with our old method of expenses. Our CFO found Certify and what a profit in our business. 90% of the time I can enter the expense within 5 minutes of getting the receipt. I hang onto the receipts and compare them before submitting my weekly report. Simple and fast. Took a little getting use to the logic of generating a report. Like any new software and with someone internal to our organization who is knowledgeable, you get the hang of it. I would never choose to change back.

Avantages: Not having to submit physical copies and entering expenses as they happen.

Inconvénients: I have bad luck forwarding emailed expenses. My boss typically can't read them. I'm not sure what the system does to these emails but maybe storing them as a PDF would help?

The Best Stuff Just Got Better

Publié le 20/01/2017
Richard P.
Economic Development Officer
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using Certify for over two years. The system has always been easy to navigate and now they made it event FASTER to navigate adding and accounting for receipts as I am on the road! Thank you for making the upload of receipts and preparing expense reports a task that takes less time and mouse clicks!

Avantages: My biggest challenge was the time it took to add receipts to expense reports while traveling. There were just too many steps to take from my iPhone. Now you have made it faster and easier to navigate this process!

Inconvénients: None, you made t event better.

Could be good, but isnt

Publié le 16/03/2017
Randy P.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Im going to make this kind of short.... I was lied to in the sales process, implementation dropped the ball continually. They have zero followup when you have an issue. My implementation coach and even the implementation manager I had to speak with never followed up with me. Oh did I mention they have an implementation fee they bring up just before you sign with them? Its not cheap. But they'll "discount" it. Due to being lied to during sales, I had to figure out how Certify worked instead of it just working for me. I had to re-enter my credit cards 3 times, and I had 15 credit cards. I had to call the bank to get individual logins for all my credit cards. I have 25 very unhappy users and one irate admin (me). The import into quickbooks did not go as promised as well. Due to all of this I now feel as if I know more about Certify than my salesman did when he sold me this crap. The app for the phone is pretty good, Android better than IOS I think. The Web application though is horrible, just horrible. The Layout is bad, you have to confirm simple things, but you can delete an expense with no more scrutiny. They have no way for you to recover deleted expenses. The have a Wallet and a Report, you cannot edit most fields in the wallet, you have to move expenses into a "draft report" then move them back into your wallet! Its about a 10 click process just to change the amount of a receipt or change a category- very important things, heres the procedure lol. 1) Check expense(s) in wallet
2) Click Add to report,
3) Chose whether you want a new or existing report.
4) Confirm that you want to do that.
5) Wait for the expenses to load(which can take a while if you have a lot)
6) click edit
7) Edit the expense, click save (I'll give them this one)
8) Click the icon to open a menu
9) Click Send to wallet.
So 9 steps. There is an alternate way but you get to chose from a little window and you cant select multiple. So why do I have to leave the wallet to edit an expense? Oh and if you have a lot of receipts they remove the "merge" option. This matches your receipts with your CC charges automatically! But you cant have more than 100 or 150 lines of charges/expenses, they cant decide on which number, but its between there. So why would you make my life harder if I have MORE expenses? I hope this saves you from some hassle, expenses are tricky, this is my second go around wasting dozens of hours.

Avantages: App is good to use

Inconvénients: They dont know their system entirely. they will sell you something just to sell you.
Their salesmen dont know the ins and outs.

Easy to use expense tracking software with a large feature set.

Publié le 25/07/2018
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ability to keep track of expenses and get manager approval much easier for projects.

Avantages: I like the ability to track expenses and submit them to your manager for approval. This keeps a record and avoid discrepancies in the future. Ability to have a mobile app is great as well.

Inconvénients: The software layout can be improved, especially on mobile. The interface is hard to learn and required some training for our user base.

Is a valuable T&E tool!

Publié le 24/07/2018
Laurel B.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The digital processing of T&E reports is by far more efficient than having employees submitting them on paper through snail mail.

Avantages: Ease of use for employees to track and submit expenses. The ability to track their expenses on their mobile devices.

Inconvénients: the delay/processing time for employees who have a large number of items to process in one report is a huge time eater. And, moving between items they feel is cumbersome.

Certify is pretty easy to use. The auto-import from my companies' purchasing card is very useful.

Publié le 27/04/2018
Ian F.
Physical Technician
Produits alimentaires, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Easy to use purchasing reconciliation

Avantages: The auto-import from my purchasing card is very useful. I also enjoy the mapping system for calculating my mileage. Compiling reports is quick and easy. I like the simple user interface and no nonsense page setups.

Inconvénients: While the auto-import is great; I have experienced purchases that have been placed on reports but will not be deleted. I can't delete these values and they have accrued over my 2 years of using certify. This makes me worried when I have a report due and still have extra values located in my history. Scanning in receipts and matching receipts to my purchases could be a little easier too. Another concern with matching receipts to purchases is when a tip is applied to a purchase there is no way to identify that. There should be a TIP option on restaurant purchases that would solve discrepancies between official purchases and money spent.

Excellent value for money

Publié le 10/05/2019
Alex S.
Controller
Marketing et publicité, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Timely reporting of expense reports, visibility of all expenses, easy to track & review. Historical data available and can review previous information very easily

Avantages: Easy to use and the step by step implmentation process was well supported. Good training materials and support after implementation is available. Many good reports are also available. Did not have any issues with implementing the new expense report process and approval process within the system works well

Inconvénients: Does not handle the GST specific to Canada very well. However we were able to customize a field to capture the information on a report that can be exported to excel to suit our needs.
Does not readily integrate into Sage to simplify data entry.

Great value for a piece of software that's unobtrusive but effective. We use it daily and love it.

Publié le 08/04/2018
National Account Manager
1 001-5 000 employés
Support client

Avantages: It has really made tracking expenses and travel costs a breeze to track, leading to more efficiency and accuracy within our reporting. All of our outside customer sales reps use it daily.

Inconvénients: Scaling to a larger business can seem complicated through the web app in the very beginning but they have a great service team that can answer all your questions. Also things like expense reporting and creating spreadsheets can sometimes take a few moments to load entirely but that's normally due to network issues and rarely has to do with the app.

Time Savings with Certify

Publié le 01/09/2017
Ryan S.
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I am happy to no longer need to hold on to paper receipts to turn in for monthly expense reports. Submitting your report is very easy if you've kept up on your receipts everyday. Also very easy to review and approve reports for my sales team.

Inconvénients: The auto fill feature is very spotty. Some days it works perfectly and some days it works poorly so my sales team end up missing errors and submitting reports that require work to correct. In the web site, the receipt view can be annoying as it continues to pop up even after you close the window.

Certify is a great tool to keep track of expenses

Publié le 08/06/2018
Matthew L.
Virtual Practice Manager
Produits pharmaceutiques, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Easy way to track expenses and upload receipts with the mobile app. The way it syncs to desktop version is quick and efficient. All receipts and expenses in a variety of different forms can be added (bank statement, physical receipt, online receipt, etc). It is user friendly and easy to understand. Generates expense reports and notifies you of its progress.

Avantages: I think the software is user friendly in both the App and the Desktop versions. I like how you can add expenses right from your phone when you are on the go. The way it prefills data from receipts is great. I like how it is connected to Uber and also how easy it is to forward an online receipt to certify and it will generate an expense. I rated customer service and value for money as average because I don't have a good benchmark for either of them.

Inconvénients: I feel the App does some things better than the desktop version and I feel each have different capabilities, which is strange. For example, I can create an expense based on mileage from driving to and from a location, that cannot be replicated within the desktop version.