15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Checkfront

En savoir plus sur Checkfront

Centralisez vos réservations, gérez vos inventaires en ligne, traitez les paiements et bénéficiez d'un accès unifié aux principaux canaux de distribution.

En savoir plus sur Checkfront

Can do everything you can imagine. Ideal solution for complex booking questions.

Checkfront - Notes

Checkfront a reçu une note globale de 4,5 étoiles sur 5 d'après 313 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Checkfront ?

Mátyás
Online Business Director (Hongrie)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Long-time user, and a happy one.

Commentaires : We are a sightseeing tour operator company and we have been using Checkfront late 2018. We have explored other options thoroughly and this is still the one we like the most after several years.

After years of use, my favorite thing about Checkfront is the helpful support team. They always provide detailed, competent and helpful answers.

Our only real issue is that they seem to be falling behind on channel integration (especially OTA's) compared to other reservation systems. But the functionality and usability of existing features is very good.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! I agree, our Support team really is outstanding :) Additionally, thank you for your feedback on our OTA's. We know that this is something our Product team is aware of and will be looking to improve once we strengthen our foundations further.

Lucas
CIO (Argentine)

Simple Yet Robust

4,0 il y a 11 mois

There are many things that I love about Checkfront. It's online booking capability and ease of use when training employees how to use it once it is setup. With a little coding expertise you can make the booking process for clients very easy and reduces the friction toward payment, so you can concentrate on operations.

The Guest form and Guest information are essentially useless and would be better if it was removed altogether. I have been hoping that over the last 2 years since its implementation there would have been improvements to this portion of checkfront, but it has not been improved. There are no triggers if guest have not filled out the info, nor is there anyway to use the information in dashboard or organize it using the daily manifest or send the information somewhere else to be used in another program via automation.The email suite lacks any organizational capability I have created so many that it is nearly impossible to figure out what triggers them and we run many different trips to many different locations and it creates choas when I don't know if clients are getting the correct emails about those trips. Then you get into the creation of emails, there is no way to send test emails to check your formatting. Also you cannot create html emails in the notifications editor. I have to create email templates in Mailchimp and then export them and import them into checkfront. this might be the most ridiculous thing that I can think of. There should be a way to catogorize your emails into folders, and there should be email templates that allow you to design emails in checkfront that have mobile friendly options. If there was a way to see all the triggers without having to open every email to see that would be amazing.

André
Director of Operations (Finlande)
Hôtellerie, 51–200 employés

Overall Poor, but with Some Plus Points

Checkfront is fairly easy to use and offers you the possibility to set it up for a multitude of product types, such as transportation, restaurant reservations and experiences. The ability for customers to pay directly on an invoice with various payment methods is neat. For a small business, Checkfront does the job.

Reporting is poor and does not offer many customisation options. Not being able to assign a guide for an experience shows that this software lacks basic functionality. Employee scheduling in such an app is a must. It doesn't have to replace an employee scheduling software, but one should be able to directly assign an employee to an item on the schedule. The widgets on the dashboard didn't really provide relevant information for day-to-day operations. The daily summary list does not offer a great overview on the day's happenings and looks rather messy. Customer support was very average, more often than not. I never really felt that Checkfront took an interest in our business. We were planning on adding more than 10 users and were asked to pay a large sum, yearly and in advance. At this point, we decided it was time to move on.

Rebecca
Manager (É.-U.)

Absolutely love Checkfront

Commentaires : When we first started out we took reservations in a paper book....yes you read correctly, on paper...knowing there had to be a better way I researched different software to use. Since then we have been so happy with Checkfront. The support from their team has been amazing. From setting us up to answering my everyday questions, their team is always friendly and helpful. I highly recommend them to anyone.

We have been with check front for 7 years now and we love everything about it. It's simple to use, training new employees to use it is easy, the booking process just flows nicely so it makes sense. Customers also compliment us on how simple and straightforward it is to use. I also feel like they are there when I need them to help me out with any issues I'm having.

I would like to use the waivers section but it didn't quite work for our set up. There's a couple of little things that would be nice to be able to do with the calendar etc. I also which the app was a bit more useful. I usually always send suggestions in when I come across something that I think would be beneficial for everyone.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for such kind words! We too value having a small local team, much like you, Rebecca! Please keep sending in those suggestions! We truly do appreciate them :)

Eugene
Owner (Canada)
Services et installations de loisirs, 11–50 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Simple to use for our customers and has increased online sales

Commentaires : Great experience and great customer service. Very helpful when we need trouble shooting.

The interface is very easy to use and straight forward for our customers. This software has definitely increased and enhanced our online booking procedures.

The system is very robust and there is definitely a bit of a learning curve on the back end, but once you figure it out it's easier to use.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Eugene! Thank you for your review! You are right, we are quite robust and definitely require a learning curve as you've mentioned! We have started to implement more in-app tutorials for new accounts to hopefully help with this in the future! All the best,

Mátyás
Online Business Director (former) (Hongrie)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Great value and functionality, excellent support

Commentaires : Great, would 100% recommend to any business operating some type of activity, tour, rental etc.

Checkfront is an easy-to-use reservation system that can be customized very well to fit the needs of almost any type of activity or experience provider. It's excellent value comes from the fact that it only has a monthly fee and no extra per booking or per user etc which can literally save you thousands of Euros per year compared to other products that often have lesser or similar functionality. The support team is also worth mentioning, they are always quick and friendly and looking to provide good solutions.

The number of OTA integrations could be higher and feature requests could be handled more quickly but other than that it's excellent.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Mátyás! We appreciate your review and the time you took to submit it :) We are so glad that we are an easy-to-use system for you. Your feedback on OTA's and other requests will be shared with our teams. Thank you for choosing Checkfront!

Daniel
President (Canada)

Great Booking Software

Commentaires : We run a glamping business and have been using Checkfront for 3 years and it works great. The initial set up was a bit of a slog as we have an complex booking system, but it all works well. The team at CheckFront is always very responsive and helpful - with written suggestions and video walk-throughs for set up issues.

There is a lot of flexibility in the this product, with many features. Developed by a small Canadian company, that is very responsive to questions and feature requests. Very supportive with assistance for technical issues in my set up.

With all the features and parameters to set up, there is lots of things that can get out of lineament. Sometimes I will spend hours trying to puzzle out why something that I have set up does not work as it should. The team at CheckFront is always great is helping me get it fixed.

Jeremy
Owner (Indonésie)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Best small-medium hotel booking system I've come across...

Commentaires : Bookings for different room types, transport and activities is made easy through using Checkfront. I dont have to worry about double bookings and I know exactly who's coming in and out of my resort, even when I'm not there. My staff find it easy to use and we are able to amend things quickly and easily. For the customer it's also very clear to book what they are looking for.

Ease of navigation and clear information layout especially on a laptop.

Sometimes find a few features a little tricky to get my head around on my own but that doesnt matter because the customer support is amazing and they always find a solution.

il y a 4 ans

Hey Jeremy, thanks for your positive feedback! Happy to hear that you're enjoying using all the many features we provide and that Checkfront has made bookings easy for you. We're always happy to assist should you need anything :)

Shane
Owner (É.-U.)
Divertissement, 2–10 employés

Customizable reservation system

Commentaires : Very very good customer support team

Checkfront allows us to customize our reservation system to fit our specific business needs

There is a definite learning curve to using this product.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Shane! Thank you for your review :) We appreciate it! Your feedback on getting started is going to be shared with our teams. Thank you again for choosing Checkfront!

Souheil
Souheil
Manager (France)
Internet, 2–10 employés

Easy software for Booking Tourist Activities / invoice

Commentaires : - I decided to say with checkfront, because their team is very helpful, there is a community and a forum to get inspired, to get help if you are a beginner in the tourism industry

+ All in one place : Booking / customers / invoices + You can customize every detail of the Activity you are selling to your customers + The support team listens to your needs

- During covid, the hibernation plan means that your website goes offline

il y a 3 ans

Hi Souheil, We appreciate your honest review of Checkfront. I am glad to hear you are liking it. Your feedback on the Hibernation will be shared with our teams. Thank you again for choosing Checkfront!

Jessica
Director of Marketing (Mexique)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Had high hopes:( Hoping it will turn around...They will do it, I KNOW IT!

Commentaires : Now is the time for private, and I would guestimate that you're at least 6-months away, if not more, from you guys nailing that. Perhaps your software is much more comprehensive? A photoshop, undiscovered? A Linkedin, now FB rival? IDK. I can only find little bugs that make zero sense (on both sides). A mandatory forced parameter can never be one, and it must be less than zero, or it's NOT enforceable. I have an extensive list for your guys if I can find the time. Great people, GREAT value, guys! I just sincerely wasn't about to pay a setup fee due to the complexities of my business. I'm a HUGE what-if person, and those variables are not there yet.

The sales folks have been incredible! Very patient, helpful, and lovely.

You guys are on the right track, but I think that your growth will possibly hurt you. I've been watching your Company for many years and finally convinced one of my customers to switch over from Rezdy. The integration has not been easy, and I've not slept for days, challenged with the tiniest minor bugs that I can't believe no one hasn't mentioned? I hate to say it, but I miss Rezdy. They have not changed much in at least 10-years+. What was so illogical with their software now is not so bad now. They also amped it up a notch. I also miss calling you guys up and working through a problem, impossible to get through, just in between the old and the new. Bad timing, I think?

Amanda
Manager (Canada)

We love it!

Commentaires : We love it and may change our entire booking system over to it !

That customers can see the calendar of what is booked - we do not have to manage that! They can't double book

Not much we don't like - maybe could be easier to block off a day . Had to play around a bit to figure it out

il y a 3 ans

Hi Amanda! Thank you for taking the time to submit a great review :) We really appreciate it. We are glad you were able to find out how to close off a date. If you ever need assistance with things like that in the future our Support team would be more than happy to help at support@checkfront.com. Again, thank you for choosing Checkfront :)

Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

Versatile, Cost-Effective Platform with Good Customer Support

Commentaires : Checkfront helped us migrate from a very inefficient reservations system (email and paper) to one that is largely automated and this has vastly improved our customer experience, saved us a lot of staff time, and given us better tools to manage and understand our business. As a small non-profit tour operator with tight margins, we are not only very happy with Checkfront's pricing structure, but also grateful that they offer a non-profit discount. In spite of a few limitations, overall we are very happy with Checkfront and have been using it for 3+ years.

Checkfront is very affordable relative to other tour booking platforms (they charge a flat annual fee rather than a percentage of sales - which I believe is the fair way to operate), and it works great for many purposes. There are lots of options for customization, and it is easy to learn how to configure and manage the platform using Checkfront's tutorials and documentation. There are lots of helpful integrations (Stripe, PayPal, Google Analytics, etc.) that are easy to set up. Checkfront support is always very responsive and helpful.

Checkfront is designed to work across many types of booking environments including hotels, hourly tours, daily tours, weekly tours, etc. Because these types of businesses have different needs, Checkfront balances those but, in my experience, isn't perfect for any one type of business. As a tour operator, sometimes we have needed to come up with workarounds to meet our specific needs or live with certain shortcomings. Checkfront support is always helpful, but if there is a feature that you need, the best you can do is submit a "feature request" and hope that enough other people request the same feature for development.

Judi
CEO (É.-U.)

Checkfront Booking Engine

Commentaires : Using Check-front as my online booking engine. Great tech support. Tech Support is friendly, knowledgeable, and usually very quick to reply.

The software is great value for the money. Best out there in my opinion. Great telephone software support during the set-up/onboarding. Ongoing support via email is extremely good, with tech support promptly replying with step-by-step detailed explanations and screen videos of how to address the issues.

1. For vacation rental managements, this software in it's current version is very awkward & time consuming to update rates, descriptions, etc if the property falls in more than one category, such as a being 4 bedroom, ski-in/ski-out, base area location, private hot tub & pet friendly. For each category, rates need to be added for that property each time a rate change or new set of dates is added. It seems to be that there should be a main listing that communicates with each of the categories the property is listed under. In the initial set-up, an "alias" can be used, but once the property is up, new rates, fees, taxes, etc have to be added to the property in each category it is listed under. Takes way too much time to do things this way. Needs to be an option to "link" the same property throughout each category it is listed in so rate adjustments can be done with just one entry. 2. Wish they had ongoing telephone support though the email support works well 3. Wish Checkfront had calendar connections with other vacation rental sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, AirBnB, Expedia, Booking.com and so one so once a reservation is made on one site, all the other booking calendars updated at the same time.

Mark
Sales, Digital Marketing, Web Content and Systems Manager (R.-U.)
Loisirs, voyage et tourisme, 2–10 employés

A really good all round system

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Overall, Checkfront is a good, well rounded product. Day to day use causes little frustration, so using it constantly during my working day is a pleasure and where issues arise, a creative solution will normally fix the problem or make it easier to complete the task

Checkfront offers a number of key features that make it fully customisable and suitable for a range of businesses including activity companies, rental companies and hotels. If you run a combination of things, then it is the perfect solution as you can adapt different parts of the system to the needs of your staff and guests.

Checkfront's front-end booking portal plug-in is fairly ugly and is not particularly customisable (even with the new upgrade to this). If there was greater customisation to this, we would likely look to use the booking page option. For the moment we will stick with the API integration, however this is also not particularly great with no updates made to the API for years now (which our web developer mentions frequently).Checkfront's new prices raised an eyebrow - Their previous pricing felt very competitive however the new pricing tiers have made us really question whether Checkfront is value for money

il y a 11 mois

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our product team thrives off the feedback from customers like you, and we've passed this on to them to consider. Best, - Tasha B.

Carrie
Innkeeper (É.-U.)

Perfect for our Family Business

Commentaires : Really, us integrating Checkfront into our website and online booking was a game-changer for our family business. It has literally saved me so much time and sanity on making/changing/cancelling customer reservations, as well as monthly reports for my own records (and comparing year over year data), as well as for Hotel Tax, and easy viewing for scheduling our employees and cleaning. A true game-changer for taking our business to the next level.

Seamless integration with our website. Easy to streamline with our credit card processor. Powerful Reports at our fingertips. Customer Service if there is an occasional snafu. Helpful community and tutorial videos when setting up new accounts, items, events, etc.

This was tough, but of course there is a bit of a learning curve when you are first setting up all the parameters that are right for you business. Plenty of customer service and a large community support to post your questions, or search for an answer because someone has already crossed that bridge successfully. Also loved that once I set up my "Item Event" (think: 3 day minimum stay for Labor Day) then I can easily use a copy button to make each subsequent year's Item Event. So I do not have to recreate the wheel.

Logiciels, 2–10 employés

A powerful tool to manage your guest house bookings

Commentaires : Despite some small shortcomings I am quite happy with Checkfront product and support service.

Very well thought out and feature rich to accommodate the quirks of your business with good booking calendar and discount options. The support is also great and response times are less than a day. We been using Checkfront for 7 years now and have no plans to move away despite some small shortcomings. Highly recommended.

The ability to make integrations to other services like accounting systems are limited. With the rise of functional programming like AWS lambda, I think its trivial to add some capability to integrate to other systems using similar event triggered functions or webhooks. Checkfront does have something like this but its quite limited. There is no support for multi item discounts as yet so customers are unable to get a discount if they book multiple inventory items. This is a key feature that I hope they will have in future. The ability to style the embeddable iframe booking page is also a bit limited and I can't get it to match my website style.

ANNABEL
Business owner (R.-U.)
Art/artisanat, 2–10 employés

Small business

By far the easiest and straightforward system I found to use for my business. We have had positive comments from our customers who said they found booking on to a workshop fairly simple and easy to do. The calendar is very clear and makes it easy to see what bookings we have each day.

Limited ability to customise gift certificates on layout and does not look very professional. Could be a lot better looking for our customers to receive as a gift. Always have problems uploading images and resizing issues. Customers get confused with first booking screen where it states enter promo/voucher code and try to enter their gift certificate number here rather than at checkout. Could be made clearer on the gift certificate that they need to use the G code below the barcode when redeeming their gift certificate. We have had to put a couple of paragraphs on our website to explain to customers how it all works, so feel the checkfront system could be improved a lot in the gift certificate area. Monthly cost is quite high- we are a very small business and no discounts available and packages unable to be tailored to our needs so we are paying for things we do not require. I would like to be able to speak to customer support on the telephone if I have any problems rather than just on email.

Fred
Tour Guide (É.-U.)
Hôtellerie, Auto-entrepreneur

Great service for the small tour opperation like my business

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Great, good service and most of the time I can figure things out without any help from customer service.

At first it took some time to understand the platform, but their people made that process easier with various videos and instructions

Kinda expensive on a monthly basis, and oftentimes I'll have no tours, but still have to pay Checkfront

il y a 11 mois

Hi Fred, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you've had a positive experience with our Support teams. If you are curious, we also offer an alternative to the monthly fee, where a percentage per booking fee is charged, rather than a subscription. So times when you have no tours, you don't pay. You can find more information here: https://www.checkfront.com/plans/. Thank you, Jamie @ Checkfront

Manager (Nouvelle-Zélande)
Hôtellerie, 11–50 employés

A good foundation but could do better

Commentaires : Overall, we have been happy with Checkfront. There is some improvement we'd like to do on the notification and invoicing side of things so that the booking process is more informative and smooth. The guides could provide more indepth information on this topic.

Going from paper based to cloud based has been a big help in recording all our bookings and allowing multiple users to view what bookings have been entered. We use Checkfront for our accommoation, catering, meeting rooms and equipment bookings so need a level of complexity to do this and Checkfront is up to the task. The main difference for us is that we manage the bookings in house after an enquiry is made via phone/email or our website. We do not run a live booking portal for guests to make bookings from.

The intergration with Xero does not talk back and forth therefore, invoices that change totals after they are booked show discrepancies with the final amount. Setting new rates in advance through the item events function was recommended however, it does not suit more complex items such as rooms with multiple occupancy etc.

Leif
Co-Owner (É.-U.)
Loisirs, voyage et tourisme, 2–10 employés

Best booking software in this price range by far!

First and foremost, Checkfront is affordable for a small business our size, and even though they are much more affordable than the high-cost competition, Checkfront doesn't scrimp on features and functionality. Checkfront takes a day or two to get used to but that's only because it's jam-packed full of useful and necessary features. Checkfront is a fully functional and complete booking system that won't leave you feeling like there's always something missing, as is the case with so many other low-cost providers.

I can't complain about a system that does everything the big high-cost alternatives do for a price that's affordable and cost-effective for small businesses like mine.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Leif! We appreciate the time you took to write such a great review! Thank you so much! We are glad to hear that you find us an affordable option for smaller businesses. Your feedback on getting started will be shared with our team. Thank you again for choosing Checkfront!

Paul
Owner (Irlande)

Pleasant end-user experience

5,0 il y a 11 mois

The reservation management feature is excellent as is the in-built facility to collect waivers from guests.

We have two separate components to our business and whilst Checkfront works seamlessly for the standard rental letting element, it does require some manual manipulation for the other components.

il y a 11 mois

Hello Paul, We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you have had a pleasant experience using us! If there is anything we can help with for the other components you mentioned, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. Thank you, Jamie @ Checkfront

Brian
Brian
Director of Marketing & Education (É.-U.)
Services aux consommateurs, 2–10 employés

Solid, feature-filled software product that seamlessly integrates with our business

Commentaires : Checkfront very easily allowed us to move the vast majority of our reservations from over the phone reservations to online reservations freeing valuable staff time. Nothing but good feelings about Checkfront.

Checkfront is easy to use for our customers, extremely reliable on the back-end, provides amazing value for our business at its cost, is continually improving their product, and provides fast and clear-cut support for any issues. It is easy to integrate with our existing services and online presentation, giving our customers a seamless and easy-to-use experience when ordering through our website.

Sometimes I wish the customizations for automated email communications were more granular in terms of controlling what information goes out and comes in based on product types.

Jennie
co-owner (Canada)

My review

4,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : I like it.. I just don't like the app. I wish the app was better. I would prefer to use the app on my phone and for our employees - but it's limited and it kicks you out on a daily basis. Pretty frustating.

Lots of great stuff about this. Pretty easy to use..

The app is awful. Kicks me out daily. Needs to be improved big time.

il y a 10 mois

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Checkfront. Our product team thrives off of customer feedback and I have passed this feedback along to them! - Tasha B.

Greg
Owner CEO House of Kooser (É.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 2–10 employés

If you are in between while choosing, choose it.

This app is a must have for any property owner or business owner. It is a great way to manage your business and you can be notified instantly when there is an event that you need to be aware of. This is an amazing hotel management app and can be used anywhere in the world.

Sometimes I have minor connection problems but I think it has nothing to do with the tool. I'm not sure there is a problem, I can say that it works in general without any problems.