Avis clients sur Curve Dental

En savoir plus sur Curve Dental

Curve Dental est le principal fournisseur de logiciels de gestion de cabinet sur le cloud pour les dentistes modernes.

En savoir plus sur Curve Dental

Cloud access at home makes it easy to check on patients and work remotely. Sleek design and simplistic design makes the main features easy to use.

No option for CBCT backup. Can't be used together with Dental Intel.

Curve Dental - Notes

Curve Dental a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 267 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Curve Dental ?

Danielle
Danielle
Executive Assistant (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 11-50 employés

Excellent Cloud Based Software

Commentaires : We love it and recommend it highly

This is the best software we have used for multiple doctors in multiple locations. It is also cloud based so we don't have to worry about a server going down or losing any information.

There is no electronic signature availability for the patient file

Dawn
Operations Manager (É.-U.)

Highly Recommend

4,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : We have increased production and decreased AR due to the ease of reporting which allows us to manage patient care so effectively.

Curve is a fantastic software for multi location practices!! Makes the management of all locations so easy and daily, weekly and monthly reporting is streamlined

It would be great if they would continue to work toward making it more Pedo/ortho friendly. Having the option of “mother” “father” instead of just contact or patient would be fantastic. Reports need to be tweaked to not consider our parents active patients. Payment plan option would be great. We would have used the software for both our Pedo and ortho practices but at the very least you need the ability to set up payment plans for ortho contracts which is not offered therefore we have to run on two separate softwares. One for Pedo and one for ortho. Non -ideal.

Raquel
Cabinets médicaux, Auto-entrepreneur
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Depends on specialty of the office.

It's so user-friendly and you can adjust settings so easy as well.

I think it's too easy to schedule appointments on top of each other. The billing is not easy to read, because it separates it by transaction, and then the transaction is no longer visable after it's paid. There is no way to select a procedure not to be billed to insurance in a billing transaction. You cannot transfer credits between family members in the same account. The tabs in the charting can be confusing as well. I think all existing, and current treatment plan should be together, not separated. You cannot keep track in the charting what was diagnosed when, because it deletes the date when the treatment is completed. There are too many placed where the fee schedule can be adjusted to allow for mistakes later. If the insurance is modified, the treatment plan has to be deleted and re-entered for the patient to be correct. I don't see a point in tags in the appointment when it doesn't enter the procedures in the appointment title. It seems like a lot of work to schedule an appointment, because you have too many options. The entry of birth dates is harder than it needs to be. Emails cannot be used in more than one person's profile. Cancelled claims should be able to be deleted from the system. It's confusing when auditing past due claims. There is no way to input how much maximum is left on a patient's insurance for treatment plan purposes. Treatment plans don't factor in secondary insurance coverage. Scanned documents should be able to be grouped in files and letters instead of making a separate entry for every page. Charting on the teeth is too sensitive.

Réponse de l'équipe de N/A

il y a 8 ans

We appreciate Raquel's comments. She brings to light a number of topics we'd like to address. - Scheduling Appointments. The flexibility of our scheduler does allow you to schedule on top of other appointments. Long-time customers have not found this to be a negative; however, we understand Raquel's concern and are taking steps to modify this functionality--quite soon, actually. - Invoice Accounting vs {WHAT DTX AND ES USE}. Curve Dental uses invoice accounting, which has many advantages. Because most of the dental profession is using older management systems that display information in other ways, our new customers may find Curve Dental's accounting style a little different. Once proper training is completed our customers see the advantages of invoice accounting as it presents a more logical grouping of billing information. Specific to Raquel's comments, paid transactions are hidden after 30 days to make more efficient use of space, but with two clicks all transactions can be viewed. - Billing to Insurance. If there's a particular procedure you would rather not bill to insurance, you simply omit that item in the insurance claim. - Transferring Credits Between Family Members. If all family members share one responsible party, then yes, credit can be shared between family members. However, if the family members have different responsible parties, then one account would have to be refunded and the other credited, which can be done quickly. - Displaying Existing and Current Treatment. Graphically, existing treatment and the current treatment plan can be viewed at the same time. Line-by-line details can be viewed for either existing procedures or planned procedures by clicking on the corresponding tabs in the chart. - Diagnosis Date. If you're concerned about the date that a procedure was diagnosed, you can access a quick report to retrieve that information; it is not deleted. - Fee Schedule Adjustments. Fee schedules can be assigned to a specific patient or when setting up an insurance plan (which determines how the insurance portion is calculated). When creating a treatment plan, you also have the option to select a different fee guide, but the default is the fee guide initially assigned to the patient. - Modifying Insurance. Currently, you do not have to delete and re-enter a treatment plan if you need to change insurance information. - Birth Date Format. We have received a few comments on how the birth date is entered (which is yyyy-mm-dd) and plan to allow our customers to adjust the format to one more customary to their area. Obviously a minor concern, but one that will be addressed. - Unique e-Mail Addresses. For security purposes, Curve Dental does not allow an e-mail address to be used by more than one patient. Curve Dental's patient portal provides patients with access to account information, future appointments, and more. To protect this information, a unique e-mail address is required to access the data. Of course, the responsible party can access information for all members of the family. - Deleting Cancelled Claims. In the interest of providing one more deterrent to fraud, we strongly believe that cancelled claims should be a permanent record in the patient's account. As a result the display of the patient's account may be a bit more busy, but not confusing. - Entering Insurance Maximums and Factoring Secondary Insurance. Currently, Curve Dental does allow you to enter coverage used outside of the practice or software, helping our customers gain an accurate insurance estimate. And our software does indeed take into consideration secondary coverage when calculating the insurance portion. - Scanned Documents. We have discussed ways to improve the organization of scanned documents and will make a change. - Sensitive Charting. Curve Dental has two charting modes. One lets you drag the mouse over tooth surfaces to select the desired surface. The other mode requires you to enter the surfaces in a more old-fashioned style. Some may find one mode more preferable over the other.

Cari

Be Cautious

4,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : I would be cautious if you don't have a bunch of dental background and the billing could cause you to lose patients like it has for us. We took over the office and it had not run correctly so we inherited the billing mess. Curve was not able to help us decipher what had been entered or why. So ultimately we were not pleased with the software.

The ability to see on the cloud and have multiple locations was really an amazing software. Ease of clicking and customizing everything was great. Customer service was amazing and they always answered.

Cost was very high and they charged for everything on top of the monthly fee if you needed to add a Dr. to the practice and have an extra user there was a cost. This software seemed like a baby in comparison with other dental software and was advanced technically (cloud and clicking to customize was very modern) but not when it came to how it needed to be used in the managemnet prospective and reports it seemed to lack development. Billing was so confusing with the invoice options and was impossible to give a a good quote and collect correctly.

Kirk
Dentist/Owner (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés

Very pleased I made the transition to modern cloud-based Curve from my old industry standard softwar

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Simply excellent.

Support and training is top notch, period. They answer every single time and have a ticket system in the software for non-urgent issues, questions, or suggestions. Why don't more do this? Also really like their claims management which is included and the price for the features is reasonable and less than what I was paying to cobble together the same types of features with my old "#1 industry leading software." Transitions are always work, but I'm convinced that Curve set us up for success and I cannot believe how frequently they make meaningful and impactful software updates (monthly!) without additional cost. I suspect that some of the old legacy software vendors don't simply because it is a pain to update every server and workstation (time, frustration, after hours, and sometimes creates massive issues post-update). Curve has none of these issues, they update it in the background and the features are "magically" available without any of my time running around to each station. Time is money and time is frustration and Curve saves me both.

The Clinical notes are reasonable and you can make templates, however, I wish you were able to make more flexible response based templates. A minor issue.

Ashleigh
Dental Assisting Instructor (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés

Venango Technology Center

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : I am using Curve Dental in a classroom setting and it has been wonderful. It is easy to explain and very user-friendly. It is easy for students to visualize and learn the basics of navigating dental software for the first time. It becomes easier and easier for them to build on different aspects of dental office procedures using the Curve software.

I prefer how easy it is to understand and navigate the software. I also like that it is cloud-based and can be accessed from anywhere. I like that I can see when students log in, how much time they spent in each section and I can control which areas they have access to.

The hardest part of this software is creating everything from scratch and inputing all the information once the training is over.

Laurel
Dir Implementation and Training (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés

Curve Dental

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Curve is great to work with, the Support team are knowledgeable and quick to respond. The software is always advancing. Users love how easy everything is to use in the software.

This product is extremely user friendly and easy to train inexperienced users. It is intuitive and visually simple and unintimidating.

Reporting functionality is broken and slow. The reporting module was built in a way that you cannot filter the reports before running them. If you have a large database, this means the report times out, before the report even loads. It is extremely cumbersome. Also, you should be able to either see a description of the report or a preview of the report before running... So, you are not wasting your time running a report before you know if it is the correct data.

Austin
Dentist (É.-U.)

Good bones. Needs more refinement

Commentaires : Overall I like it. If we could auto charge old accounts and increase the quality of xrays, I’d be very happy.

I like the cloud based aspect and the ability to manage users access

Xrays aren’t as clear as I’m used to. I hate that I can’t auto charge interest on account receivables.

Keely

Curve Hero, One Database

4,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Curve offers great customer service and tech support!

Curve provides great resources to aid in training new employees. We are also able to seamlessly manage any patient record from multiple locations.

Digital sensor integration needs improvement. It seems every day we are struggling with our sensors talking to Curve Hero!

Linda
Bus. Mgr. (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Training Process Needs Your Review

Commentaires : We definitely had to make a change in our practice and this was huge! Now that we are a couple of months in I am happy to say it is all behind us! There are changes that we would like to see and we have sent in many tickets. Hopefully we will see them come to fruition.

From my stand point which is mostly office oriented, I do like the software now that I am more familiar with it. I love being able to see both our locations on one screen and to be able to work at both locations from my office. Reporting is different but I like it. I love being able to navigate all over from the appoinment screen.

I did not like how our training was run. It was very confusing and not hands on. The trainer jumped all over instead of sticking to one thing before it was learned. Our clinic has had the most difficulty. We dont like how the charting is set up to show work that needs to be done vs what has already been done. Colors are faint and runs into another.

Edward
President/Owner (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 11-50 employés

Three dental offices

Commentaires : Excellent. Curve is the best of the cloud. And the cloud is way better than any VPN type system and far superior to use and maintain and manipulate and backup than any internal network would be. As simple as a high speed internet connection, an unmanaged gigabyte switch and internet connections. Wireless works too, I just like the speed of most of the workstations in the operatories wired in. Less load on a wireless router in a big office. Curve took us through conversion from Dentrix, training of the staff and the practice manager and has been there through our inexperienced moments. The doctors didn't even train and they picked it right up. The software improves over time for the better and it was great to begin with.Curve Hero has been a great decision. I couldn't be happier.

Intuitive. Written with the end user in mind. The trusty "Sidekick" feature (get it? Hero...) on the right of the screen let's you quickly work through a patient. Once I was used to seeing between two offices from any location I was frustrated the third wasn't online yet. I could never go back. The combination of cloud management, lack of internal Network IT needs (an internet connection, Google Chrome, and Adobe Reader and Flash and you're there) and the user friendliness and cuteness of the software and I'm hooked. No bridge between most digital x-ray formats. We're using Scan-X and looking to upgrade to Plan Mecas CBCT ProMax Classic at all three locations.

There is a lag during the prescription writing portion of the "program." You have to wait a bit before it starts to respond. After that... Zoom. Also, if you need a new image taken you need to refresh charting and then go back to images. Sometimes, it doesn't like to let me modify images gamma, light, dark, inspect/zoom in. None of these are huge difficulties. I would not change companies.

Corey

Confident in Curve!!

Commentaires : Switching to Curve Hero from my old server based practice management software has proven to be one of the best decisions I could make. I was faced with ever increasing server issues and daily troubleshooting was causing me to feel more like an IT person learning on the job than a dentist on some days. Even hiring multiple IT gurus was a not a good use of my time or resources. Now that I have been with Curve for almost 4 years I can say it has done a lot more for me than solve IT headaches. It has opened opportunities for me as a dentist that I didn't know were possible. I have since merged my practice with another dentist and opened a second location. Curve's cloud-based software has allowed us to manage 2 locations. Curve has made it much easier to manage multiple providers and staff. All we need is an internet connection. It has allowed us to centralize many of our services. The new staff we have hired on have adapted quickly to Curve and love it's intuitive features. We spend less time training new employees on how to use the software. This year for the first time we had the opportunity to attend the Curve Summit. It was well worth the investment in time and money. It struck the right balance between fun and learning. It pumped up the team! What I was most impressed about was the ability to actually interact with the leadership and staff of Curve. At one point, we mentioned that we were developing ideas on centralized services for managing multiple practices. The next thing we knew we had a meeting set up with the executive leadership of the company. They genuinely listened to our ideas and asked us questions on how Curve could help fulfill some of our needs. It was evident to me that they cared about their customers by actually listening and implementing the things that practicing dentists want from their practice management software. I have never experienced anything like that meeting. I came away very impressed by their leadership, direction, and mission. Their platform is perfectly designed to continue to evolve with technology and implement improvements. They listen to their customers. They focus on what is important. They provide a great value for their customers in what they offer. I have used other practice management and imaging software programs. I am confident in my long-term partnership with Curve. This partnership will continue to give me opportunities to adapt to the changes that are occurring in dentistry today.

il y a 6 ans

Thank you for your confidence, Dr. Plaster! We think we have a great thing going and it is a boost to see that our customers couldn't agree more. Hope to see you at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!

Donna

Overall Satisfied

Commentaires : First Customer Support is OUTSTANDING. You can call or submit a ticket. Tickets are responded too quickly-normally 5-10 minutes and many times I have receive a phone call from the customer service tech to answer my concerns. When I have called in myself I have never waited more that 5 minutes on hold.
The conversion process worked well for our office. We had a clear understanding on the front end as to what would and would not convert and they were VERY good at helping to make sure our existing treatment and treatment plans converted properly.
The training schedule they set up for our office allowed us to have a fairly good understanding of the day to day functions before we went live. Strongly suggest that you follow their recommendations in this area. There is a link attached in the software that allows you to view training videos at your convenience. Really helpful.
Having a web-based dental software does allow you to do notes, etc. while at home which is helpful. The disadvantage on that end is if the internet service is down then you can not access patient information or take x-rays.
The Imaging function is probably one of the weakest links in the software. I don't feel that the quality is where it needs to be and it does not have the ability to do measurements which is helpful for offices that place implants-which we do.
I do wish the "Admistrators" had more control to set up staff access and it would be wonderful to have an area that you could place private notes such as conversations with patients that I do not want patients or other staff members to see.
I will also comment that we have been using the Curve Software since September of 2015. We changed from another software (Dentrix) that we had been using for many years and our only two complaints with it was that it was not web-based and that the response time with their customer service was outrageously slow. It was common to wait on hold for more than an hour and if I did send in a ticket I would either not receive a response or it would be days later.
So changing from a software that the doctor and clinical staff were please with was not without its challenges. It took about nine months for the hygienist to stop saying "but I liked it the way we use to do it".
Overall I would recommend Curve Software.

il y a 6 ans

Thank you, Donna! We feel the same way about our customer service. Your sentiment about imaging and administrator roles are high on our list and features that we discuss often. Best wishes!

Shannon
Owner (Canada)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés

Can access schedule from laptop and mobile phone!

Commentaires : Can use anywhere you have internet access, reasonably priced.

Curve can be viewed online so you can see patient information right at home (where you need to see it during emergency patient calls) or to make sure you can see schedule changes as they occur. This program is easy to use and reasonably priced.

There are no folders under "files and letters" so after awhile the number of files can get large and then difficult to locate, which is annoying. Also the financials do not allow monthly production numbers for a year at a glance. You have to do each month separately which is time consuming and frustrating. Also Curve goes down from time to time and then you are SOL because there is no backup....

il y a 6 ans

Many thanks, Shannon, for your positive review. We are working on files and letters and you'll love the end result! The Playbook, which will be available this summer, may provide you with the production numbers you're looking for. We're also set to release offline capabilities; in the event service is disrupted for whatever reason, you'll still have access to a limited data set for patients you'll see that day. You'll love that, too! Many thanks and best wishes to you and yours!

April
Dr (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Mostly great with a few big glitches that need work

5,0 il y a 5 mois

I love that everything is in one spot. That my team members that are afraid of computers still like it

There needs to be more training - particularly in imaging

il y a 5 mois

Would you be interested in having us set up more training for you? Please let me know. Thanks.

Angie
Dr. ()
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Curve is perfect for our office

Commentaires : We highly recommend Curve to all dental offices. Our situation made the choice easy because we started from scratch and thus didn't have any data conversion. Even though Curve may not have quite as many features as Dentrix yet, I believe that it will be there very quickly because of how quickly the company is changing and updating the program. For me, Cloud practice management systems are the future of dentistry, and I believe that Curve is the best in the Cloud. We would do it again in a heartbeat! Curve provides all that we need in a Practice Management Software.

Ability to use the software anywhere there's internet Very easy to learn Nice graphics Ability to email newsletters/mass emails to all patients Unending reports (can customize reports for what you want) Each user can customize their view of the schedule Doctor can limit what parts of the system each staff can change Patient education videos are excellent Ability to upload images (xrays, pictures, paperwork) to charts Easily bridges with our Dexis xray software Easy to electronically file claims Excellent customer service Constant updates & improvements to the software The prescription module is great The colors of Curve, the laid-back & witty Curve staff The charting and perio charting modules are excellent Less need for IT company to help (still have to have a server for digital xrays & have to pay them to keep that up-to-date) Ability to use Mac and PC computers in the office.

Can't use on an iPad (because of Flash) When uploading Xrays to the charts, it takes time and the xrays are in a horizontal line (not mounted). We don't use this feature. We've had trouble with the insurance estimation part--not accurate. The software doesn't allow us to add in codes for different procedures (we have to use what CDT codes are in)...unless we add it as inventory Some of the screen views are slow to load A few times we've clicked out of a chart and lost all of the charted treatment

Jennifer
dentist (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés

Good product but room for improvement

Making reports can be confusing, some very standard/simple reports not available. Many tweaks and issues that we were told were being worked on havent been resolved in 2.5 years.

AnnaMarie
Owner (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Great software on the cloud

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : This software has been simple and reliable and allowed me to not have an expensive IT team on retainer.

This is an easy to learn, user friendly software. My staff and I have all adapted quickly to using it.

We wish there was better communication during outages. When server was down we had little information to go on and had no idea when to expect it to function again.

Jessica
Dentist (É.-U.)

Nice cloud based option

Commentaires : Customer support is nice, I do get frustrated when things go down or there are glitches, but I suppose it comes with any software.

User-friendly, phone app, customizable note templates.

I have used this software for over eight years and while things have come a long way, sometimes feel like the software is still behind the curve, no pun intended!

sherri
office manager (É.-U.)

Very happy we switched to Curve Dental

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Curve is easy to use. Switching over went very smooth. I like that it is always improving. extra features are great, like, hands free perio charting. Credit card point of sale. electronic claim submission.

We really could use a spanish option for reminders to patients. In imaging the measurement tool is not very good. Imaging loads slow.

Eric
Dentist (Canada)

Easy to navigate

Commentaires : Great software, will continue to use for all existing and new practices and will recommend to colleagues as well.

User friendly software with high functionality

Insurance and billing applicability to Canadian users

Faith
Assistant Office Manager (É.-U.)

Almost always perfect.

Commentaires : Easy to use. Easy to train on. Quick replies when help is needed. Curve community is so beneficial!

Any time I have questions I get them answered right away and if the representative doesn't know it they take the time to find out the answer and get back to me right away. Also its VERY user friendly and teaching others to use the software is super easy.

Sometimes it goes slower than I'd like but that's also probably our internet. I wish there were ways to customize the treatment plan wording and to include a signature line. I also wish that a feature would be added to notate if deductibles have been met for patients or if the maximum was used by all services or only some.

il y a 6 ans

Holy 5-star review, Faith! Thank you for your comments. User friendliness is important to any practice when looking for dental software as it makes the transition so much easier. We'll reach out to you about your treatment plan comments. Thanks again!

Jeff
Lord/master (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 2-10 employés

Staff is super nice, there is definitely a learning curve and the software is improving over time.

Cloud based, security, access to everything when I need it, electronic prescriptions, etc. The interface is generally pretty and I will say the support is good.

I appreciate the new developments, but they don't seem focused on the most commonly used features. The Kiosk is "neat" but I'd rather be able to see some of the specifics from the "home" or appointment screen. There is less customizability than I realized. The team is, in fairness, responsive to requests, but mine haven't made the cut yet. I get that lots of people have lots of ideas, and they are trying to expand the product. I just don't use some of the features they are putting time into at this point.

il y a 6 ans

Thanks, Jeff, for the review, comments and suggestions. We are bit confused by your queue and cancellations comment so we'll be in touch to make sure we understand. And many apologies for not meeting your expectations with regard to our service availability. We feel a bit differently about that, as you might guess. Currently, our uptime performance is 99.96% As far as we're aware, Curve Dental is the only cloud-based dental software that publishes our performance numbers (www.curvedental.com/status). You have to wonder why. Regardless, we've not met your expectations and we'll continue to improve upon our numbers. Thanks again!

Chad

Great overall

Overall ease of use and customer service is excellent. Always have issue resolved quickly when needed.

Too long to roll out the Analytics Dashboard as have know about for some time. Took awhile to improve Forms/Storyline.

il y a 6 ans

Wow, Chad--a 5-star review. Thanks! Forgive us for speaking too soon, perhaps, about our new analytics. It's hard not to talk about what's coming. Two things to talk about here: 1)Curve Playbook is a customizable dashboard that will juice up your morning huddles; and 2)Analytics will give you significantly more horsepower when it comes to reporting. Both features will be included in your current subscription. If your practice needs advanced analytics--for a group practice, as an example--there would be an additional charge. Our online forms did take longer to complete than we wished, but, wow! You have to admit the new features are impressive. Regardless, your comment is noted... we need to pick up the pace! Best wishes!

Jon
Enter a job title (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 11-50 employés

great in areas. some areas need work

It is very intuitive. New employees grasp it very quickly. The lackof backups and updates is also a giant positive.

I have complained about the lack of x-rays being automated within the recare system since the day I started. I don't think you even care about this complaint anymore

il y a 5 ans

Thank you, Dr. Wheeler, for the kind words and positive review! Not having to worry about data security or hassle with upgrades is a huge plus, like you say. We are very much aware of the recare feature you'd like to see. We've been looking at where it fits on our task list. Hopefully we can knock off some other priorities and get to it soon. Thanks again and best wishes to you and your practice. Hope to see you at the Orange Summit, again!