Avis clients sur FlockBase

4,6 /5
  • Service client
    4,8 /5

En savoir plus sur FlockBase

Logiciel Membership and Contribution et logiciel True Fund Accounting performant et facile à utiliser pour seulement 99 dollars chacun. Idéal pour les églises qui dépendent de leurs bénévoles ou qui emploient un personnel limité.

En savoir plus sur FlockBase

111 avis affichés

Mark B.
  • Publié le 14/08/2020

"FlockBase"

Commentaires: We are just beginning our use of FlockBase. However, we could not be more pleased with the support given to us as we set up our financial management structure. No member of our staff has an accounting background; but with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], all of our finances are now in perfect order! Our financial workload has been greatly reduced, making our office administrator positively giddy! Perhaps best of all, our governing board is thankful that they now receive financial reports that they can easily understand ... for the first time ... ever!

Avantages: The ease with which our staff learned to use the membership, contribution, and financial management modules.

Inconvénients: We have not yet found the capability to print a member directory to give to our members. If this feature exists, it should be more obvious to the user. If it does not yet exist, please consider adding it!

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Flockbase Software le 24/08/2020

Mark,
Thank you for your kind words! Thank you also for your feedback. At this point, our directory is very basic. Upgrading it is on our short list of product updates.
To print a member directory, select Membership-->Reports-->Directory. You can then select from a couple of options on formatting. This will produce a basic directory.
Again, thank you for your feedback.

• Publié le 14/08/2020
Wayne J.
  • Publié le 29/01/2020

"FlockBase works well for the small church"

Avantages: FlockBase was affordable. It has everything we need: Membership data, Contributions, Register and Payroll plus other functions we don't use. We just installed the newest version, FlockBase 2020. I like the way it works. I especially like that you don't have to open FlackBase and FlockBase Accounting separately. Entering and changing dates has been improved. I would say the learning curve for FlockBase is moderate. Customer support is excellent. Response time is very short. They are always positive and encouraging while helping solve a problem. They explain what the problem is and teach you how to solve it. FlockBase helps us keep track of our members and our finances.

Inconvénients: Since we just installed FlockBase 2020, I'm still learning how to use it and haven't found any negative issues. Reports and printing are locked, which can sometimes be frustrating, if you want a different output.

• Publié le 29/01/2020
Anjela R.
Administrator
  • Publié le 09/06/2020

"missing some very important features"

Commentaires: I’m shocked to be treated that way on the support end. I’ve never had that experience with support people. Usually they are kind and patient in professional businesses I’ve used. I found it so insulting due to the fact I was very kind to the FB associate at all times and I just needed help navigating. I was very disappointed and wanted to like FB. But unfortunately have to go through all the trouble & time to continue researching other church management programs.

Avantages: The graphics were big and clear. Liked how it all looked at first. Very modern and clean. Large text was nice. The colors looked fun and bright.

Inconvénients: I was finally explained to by an associate, (after purchasing and misrepresenting the features.) the Program only worked as “individual” members & not Family when creating a directory. It shown as each individual person instead as a family name in the directory. Associate said that will be changed/added but he had no idea of that time frame. Also when importing a picture to the directory (used the correct format) it just loaded up an icon & not the picture. Also, importing was a terrible nightmare. There spreadsheet sent to me was completely confusing and over complicated. I never figured that out and skipped importing. Had to do it manually. Also, The associate that helped me on the phone started losing his patience with all my questions. He became short, rude, and irritated to me (female.) when I had my male associate call him, he was then polite. Very strange! The FB associate (remaining unnamed) repeatedly said to me rudely,”like I said” frustrated with all my questions. The Senior Pastor was very dissatisfied with the lack of features in the program and rude support so we asked for a refund and went with another program.

• Publié le 09/06/2020
Alene H.
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 07/12/2019

"Revised version is a big disappointment"

Commentaires: We loved the old version of Flockbase and are extremely disappointed with the new system. I will say that every time I have contacted Support they have responded promptly and were very courteous and willing to help. Unfortunately, they just don't provide what we need anymore. We take our records to an outside auditor every 3 years and the documents we need simply cannot be printed any longer. We are looking for a better solution. We need help and we need it now.

Avantages: I used this software for 4 years and while it had some features that were slightly cumbersome, it was very workable and affordable. The financial report could show monthly and annual actual vs budget on a single report. I could print a membership list and include email addresses and birth dates.

Inconvénients: Flockbase recently re-designed it's software and it is a nightmare to use. The check register reads going up to the top of the screen instead of down. The check numbers are not sequential making bank statement balancing time consuming while hunting for the check you want to clear. I cannot print a check register, instead I have to print a general ledger. I cannot print a 941 report. We work offline and I usually print the report, take it home and make the EFTPS payment, then return the reoprt and receipt to the church. I now have to take a picture of the 941 report with my cell phone in order to perform the same task. I'm trying to teach another person how to use the system but cannot print a chart of accounts. I have to print a budget instead. I can still enter household and member information but cannot print out any information other than name, address & phone number. I cannot print email addresses or birthdays, etc. The household and membership information is on one screen and I have to constantly scroll down about 3 screens to access the membership portion. After entering information, it reverts all the way back to household and I have to scroll down 3 screens again for each and every member . The new program is not user friendly by any means. It does not give us the reports we once had, there is no step by step guide to tell you if you want to find something you have to look in a completely different module. Confusing beyond belief.

• Publié le 07/12/2019
Kim P.
Institutions religieuses, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 05/03/2020

"Small Membership Churches look for Quick Books alternative"

Commentaires: We have not yet fully implemented the software, that is, we are still keeping duplicate financial records, but the experience has so far been superior to all other software. Real people answer the phone, real CPA’s respond to accounting questions.

Avantages: As a church the two parts of finance that need to integrate 100% are tracking contributions and handling the day to day finances of the church. Most of the churches use Quickbooks or Quicken because they are the two leading accounting packages, and they most resemble the checkbook for non-accounting purposes. Tracking contributions is impossible in Quickbooks, unless you treat each contribution as a pledge. Flockbase easily integrates what was a three step process into a one step basis for a church.

Inconvénients: The only concern I have is in the documentation that is provided for how to use the accounting software. There is an assumption that the people using or setting up the software have an accounting background. Funds accounting is not the simplest method to use, and a more detailed explanation, particularly in the beginning on the “how-to’s” of entering beginning balances etc would be nice. The documentation on the membership module is more explanatory and easy to follow. The best solution is that so far the help desk and the accountant, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who answered my phone call have been right on top of the request for help.

• Publié le 05/03/2020
Mac C.
  • Publié le 26/06/2015

"FlockBase Accounting - THE church solution"

Commentaires: I began using FlockBase Accounting (FBA) shortly after becoming Treasurer of Riverside United Church in New Brunswick, Canada. I had very little accounting experience or knowledge, and virtually none specifically in church finances. Learning the program and its intricacies was challenging. It is not a business-oriented accounting program, and thus some familiar reports and items are not available, and there are some new ones. Throughout this process, the telephone and email support from FBA was simply excellent: very knowledgeable, very thorough, and very patient. Once I got familiar with the program and its potential, I realized just how good it really is. Not only does it track all income and expenses, but it also ties each of these to a specific fund and account. It is this incorporation of fund accounting that makes the program so unique and so valuable. At any time, I can get exact fund balances as well as account balances, and thus get an in-depth picture of our financial status instantly. Reports (eg for Annual Congregational Meetings) are both more complete and more informative, because I have far better material to use in preparing them. Arranging and maintaining back-ups is very straightforward. Because of a recent computer crash, I have had occasion to test this. The system works like a charm, with no lost data and easy re-establishment of the system. I recommend this program in the highest possible way. Though it does require some work to understand how it works (and that may say more about me than the program), the effort expended is more than justified by the results. The superb support and quick and easy access to that support is a real bonus, and far superior to any I have experienced with ANY other computer-related matter. The fact that the program is so inexpensive makes the $50 annual fee for support and upgrades a worthwhile investment.

• Publié le 26/06/2015
Maria S.
Church Secretary
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 14/06/2016

"Review of FlockBase"

Commentaires: I have had an excellent experience with FlockBase and it's support. When I've had to contact them, they've been very patient with me which is appreciated since I'm not the most computer literate person. I like that they are professional and friendly. (FYI: stars in review above were removed from what I originally selected. My selections were higher)

Avantages: It's easy to use.

Inconvénients: If I'm needing to open more than one members info and I'm working alphabetically , upon closing it one, it automatically goes back to the very top of the list and I have to keep scrolling back down to find the next one. I personally prefer it to be at where I left off.

• Publié le 14/06/2016
Julia P.
church clerk
  • Publié le 16/01/2016

"FlockBase is a great program!!"

Commentaires: I love this program! A few years ago my pastor gave me permission to get a new church membership management program. We had been using a well-known expensive program that I really wasn't happy using. So, I searched the internet and that was how I found FlockBase. It was very reasonably priced and looked like it would meet our needs. I got it and have been very pleased with it. FlockBase came with a user's manual - and it was very helpful and easy to follow when I initially purchased the program for our church. I had FlockBase set up and customized that first day and I was able to begin processing church member's offerings immediately. I've also been able to continue customizing FlockBase as needed over the years that we've had it. I've called their customer service once or twice in the past when our computers crashed and the FlockBase folks were right there to make sure that our beloved FlockBase was up and running again and to answer all of my questions. I highly recommend FlockBase for any church looking for a church membership management program that is comprehensive yet easy to use and to keep track of offerings. In fact, as I type this, I'm getting ready to print out our annual reports and FlockBase makes it a breeze!!

• Publié le 16/01/2016
Sally E.
Retired
  • Publié le 11/08/2017

"Great value for the price; superb support for any question; and good online detail"

Commentaires: Easy to do the job I need to do. Saves time because it always work as it is designed. Very easy to use.

Avantages: Does church attendance, contributions and member detail easily. Easy to print reports. It is easy to use, never crashes, is very reliable. Nothing. I have no complaints about this software. I think it does what I need it to do simply and easily. I never have issues with the software.

• Publié le 11/08/2017
Johnny P.
Chairman-Trustee Board
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 08/07/2016

"Outstanding Product"

Commentaires: Product was an excellent additional to our membership accountability for our church. Used product for several years. Updates provides great enhancement. Very easy to get started entering data and reports are outstanding.

Avantages: Database was easy to use with many features that provides a wide variety of useful reports to our management personnel.

Inconvénients: All features provided useful information and documentation.

• Publié le 08/07/2016
Veda M.
Secretary
  • Publié le 30/09/2015

"I just started using this system in April of 2015"

Commentaires: My church has been using this software for sometime. I just started using this April of 2015 and was trained by a person in my church that was not real familiar with the program. After some time and struggle I contacted the support team. After a three hour course with Ken on the support team, I am now familiar with the program and no extra reports will have to be generated outside the reports of the software. The support team are awesome to work with. This program works real well with our church, which is a small congregation. I would recommend this software to anyone.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Owen & Walker Software Solutions le 01/10/2015

We certainly appreciate it when a user takes the time to provide a glowing review, but I would like to point out that we do not provide training courses. Ordinarily, a user only has to follow the guidelines in our User Guide for a an easy and successful experience. In this customer's case, her predecessor(s) had not followed the guidelines and had a lot of historical data that needed to be repaired as well as placed on the right track for future use. While we were happy to provide this assistance, it went well beyond normal technical support.

• Publié le 30/09/2015
David L.
  • Publié le 11/02/2020

"Flockbase Implementation"

Commentaires: Our previous system required separate tracking spread sheets for some of our tithing and giving. It also requiredseperate tracking for a balance sheet. This has been solved with the Flockbase system.

Avantages: I am not accountant by education. I depended on the Flockbase Customer Service heavily to implement the system for our church. The patience and exceptional help was fantastic. I was able to get the system up and running over a 2 month period.

Inconvénients: The software does not Close a year and start new accounting period for fiscal year. Since you pick the reporting periods I found you have to refer to the beginning balances that happened in the previous fiscal year when reviewing account balances.

• Publié le 11/02/2020
Kay S.
Bookkeeper
  • Publié le 24/11/2015

"Extremely happy with FlockBase - it was a God send for our church."

Commentaires: FlockBase is easy to use and coupled with great customer service, we are extremely happy with this program. We found out about FlockBase by doing an Internet search at a time when we had a computer crash and lost all of our contribution and member data. While trying to retrieve the data we found the customer service with the program we had at the time was less than adequate. We then decided to purchase FlockBase and have been using it for over 2 years. We use it to enter contributions; keep addresses and phone numbers on all of our congregation - members and non-members; enter weekly attendance and print attendance reports; print picture directories; keep contact lists for each of our Deaconesses and Elders; and print out yearly Contribution Statements. I cannot think of any cons - we have always found a way to use FlockBase to achieve every task. Ken in customer service is always very helpful and takes plenty of time to help us with any questions. We have been very pleased with FlockBase and in July, 2015 we started using FlockBase Accounting which interfaces perfectly with FlockBase.

• Publié le 24/11/2015
Giles Z.
Financial Secretary
Institutions religieuses, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 05/11/2016

"FlockBase is exceptional !"

Commentaires: I replaced our departing Financial Secretary in the fall of 2015 and took a crash course in navigating and using the FlockBase system. I found it to be very easy to understand and I was comfortable with it in no time. When I did have a problem and had occasion to call FlockBase for support (this happened 3 different times and was not due to a problem with the software), they were very pleasant and professional, addressing my problems immediately and working with me until the problems were solved to my satisfaction. They are the best.

Avantages: Easy to use, great record keeping system and affordable.

Inconvénients: No cons so far.

• Publié le 05/11/2016