Avis clients sur WhatsUp Gold

En savoir plus sur WhatsUp Gold

Solution de supervision réseau, WhatsUp Gold apporte une visibilité totale, des données métier exploitables et un contrôle de vos ressources réseau.

En savoir plus sur WhatsUp Gold

It integrates well with PagerDuty and covers the bulk of our monitoring needs.

Navigating through the Web interface is little difficult as it has many options and you need to drill down to get to the information you need.

WhatsUp Gold - Notes

WhatsUp Gold a reçu une note globale de 4,5 étoiles sur 5 d'après 221 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé WhatsUp Gold ?

Jaime Isai
Jaime Isai
Senior Network Engineer (Salvador)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés

WhatsUp Gold best Network Monitoring System

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : Excellent experience, I can't complaint. It's a must have tool for every organization to perform a better approach in advance and to have a full network visibility.

It is easy to implement and use. It enables you to map all of your network devices and access them thru it. It helps you to have a full visibility of all of your network. You can also set the performance alerts at your critical devices as servers, switches, routers and firewalls. It helps you to get the bandwidth monitoring by devices and applications.

It will be great to have a full library of MIBs for all network security devices and not having to look by each brand site.

Colt
Network Administrator (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 201-500 employés

WhatsUp Gold

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Overall experience is good but can be difficult time to time setting up new alerts or services inside the software.

I like the ability to get emails with statuses for devices across the organization on both the network and server side of the house

Feels a bit difficult to use at time with how to set things up.

Jim
Network Engineer (É.-U.)
Recrutement, 1 001-5 000 employés

WhatsUp Gold

Commentaires : We use Whatsup Gold to proactively tell us when something is wrong before users start complaining. It has served us well in this capacity
We use WUG thresholds and netflow data to determine when business (and non-business) processes are interfering with user performance at our branches with limited network capacity. We use the netflow data and work with the branch to have the offending processes eliminated or moved to afterhours when there is no user impact.
We use thresholds and dashboard graphs to provide capacity planning information.
Overall WhatsUp Gold has been a mixed bag for us. There have been failed upgrades and bugs that cost us time. Page rendering is adequate at best and frustrating at its worst. But is has provided the monitoring alerting, and capacity planning that we need to stay ahead.

The ease of adding a device, and getting monitors configured with alerts is what like best. To go from no monitoring to getting a text/email when something goes wrong is relatively easy with this product. The ease of putting specific graph items on a page (dashboard) is also very useful.

The biggest problem with this product is the performance/capacity of the product to generate graphs. Using java to fetch data from the database to paint pages is slow. I can collect 500,000 data items and generate 100,000 graphs without much horsepower with a tool like CACTI which uses php and flat text rrd files to paint the graph. I can put ten times as many graphs on a page and it still paints 10 times faster. This performance limitation is the biggest week point between your products and the competition. I maintain a CACTI server to do the heavy lifting for graphing high density interface switches in the data centers because WUG is too slow. The thing that I like least about the software is the inability of the administrator to manage other users views. and the lack of an anonymous view. You want to be able to give upper management a link to click on to see pretty graphs and charts. They do not want to have to log in. And you do not want them messing up the view so it constantly has to be fixed. Logging in as admin, changing the users rights, logging out,logging in as the user, changing the dashboard, logging out, logging in as the admin and setting the rights back, is a lousy way to have to manage this.

Juan
Network Engineer (É.-U.)
Réseaux informatiques, 11-50 employés

Awesome

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : My experience has been very pleasant. From installation onward, I've had zero complaints.

This software has provided us with the tools necessary to monitor, analyze, and manage the network in support of our customer.

While we understand software is always licensed, we would like an option for a "lifetime" license.

Senior IT Manager - Global Network Infrastructure (É.-U.)
Automobile, 10 000+ employés

Senior IT Manager - Global Network Infrastructure

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : We rely on WhatsUP gold for monitoring and Network Traffic analysis, it works very well and we highly recommend this product.

We have used this software for 20 years and find it an excellent product.

None, I do not have anything we do not like about the software.

IT Director (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 201-500 employés

WUG is Great for notifications

4,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

The alerting piece of the software is critical for us and is why we use the software and for this purpose the software works extremely well.

Nothing I can speak of and I mentioned the software works very well and I have no issues.

Jude
Senior Account Manager (Kenya)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés

''Multifunctional network monitoring platform.''

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : The experience using this platform is quite impressive and appealing. Waking up with an assurance of your network monitoring is quite impressive.

With the platform one can easily map all networking devices and easily access them from any point. This give you a full assurance of your networks monitoring and analysis.

Having full library of MIBs for all network security devices is much preferable.

Kris
Associate Director of Global IT Operations (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés

Great IT monitoring tool

4,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : We have loved whatsup gold.

Live monitoring of out network to enable proactive Reponses to issues before staff know they exist.

We love to see a cloud based option to eliminate the need for on-prem servers.

Nate
Technology Director (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

WhatsUp Gold is part of our Technology Team

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

It doesn't sleep or call in. Nice to always on duty watching out for our network and systems.

Has a lot features that I feel like I don't know how to make best use of.

Sara
gérante (Algérie)
Construction, 51-200 employés

powerfull app

4,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

my experience has been great it's very powerfull for network monitoring

it's a little bit expensive and there is no free premium version

RJ
Infrastructure Operations Manager (É.-U.)

wug 17&18 has an overall better interface that is responsive, a few minor fixes will make it aweso

The device cards are a nice addition; quickly access common features. Creating dashboard is much easier now than in previous version; more flexible. I like how things are now grouped together, e.g. accessing logs you don't have to go to 3-4 different locations. Searching for devices is great!

Device roles and discovery could use some work. need to be able finding monitors in library is cumbersome, need a way to search or jump alphabetically Device types were remove, new versions don't support changing OS type Need a way to create dynamic HTTPS content monitor, meaning you could hit an address like so : http://%device.Hostname/NmConsole (hostname is not supported, only address) HTTPS TCP monitors only support SSL TLS 1.0 I spend a lot of time hitting F5 to refresh the browser because the change I just made is not reflected. you can drag and drop devices - need an easier way to manage groups. Need a way to pin favorite groups in navigation pane. When you are on device status page from my network you have to click back button 3-4 times to return to the my network page. Would like to see more youtube videos on how to use the newer version; would be a great way to deliver user training. I would like the ability to delete a device from the devices properties page.

il y a 5 ans

Hi, Thanks so much for the kind words! We're delighted that you're enjoying WhatsUp Gold and we love hearing about how you're using it. Please note that we do have a number of videos on Youtube that go into detail on our most recent release WhatsUp Gold 2018 as well as a Quick Tips series of how-to videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmaOx9MsMEQ. If you have further questions about using WhatsUp Gold please feel free to contact us directly or visit our online Community for more help. Thanks again for using WhatsUp Gold.

Glenn
Logiciels, 201-500 employés

Excellent product however lately they are advertising features that are not working

Commentaires : It provides us an overall health of the environment and provides great alerting tool.

The interface is nice and customizable. Upgrading to new versions are very simple. The overall alert monitoring is great. They continue to add in new features to keep up with the overall demanding IT infrastructure. Working with their technical and product teams are great as they listen to your issues and/or suggestions and look to add new features by communicating to their customers on their sprints.

As of late the Whats Up Gold Plus product is not delivering based on what has been communicated to their customers. I attended a conference where IPSwitch stated their WhatsUp Gold product supported Microsoft Azure, Dell Compellent Storage and Wireless APs. When we implemented the product it only supports a small piece of Azure that requires Servers and not WebApps/Sites. In addition, the Dell Compellent provides incorrect measurements which is now being looked at on their technical team because there are issues with their release. On the AP Support it is stating they cannot read into our Cisco Airnet APs which are very standard. This too is a feature request. I like the product but for the cost I would expect these types of features to work.

Steve
Director of I.S. / Communications (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 201-500 employés

Simple and easy to use

Commentaires : I have had positive experiences with WhatsUpGold. The sales staff and tech support are friendly and knowledgeable.

This software is simple and easy to use. The alerts it gives the I.S. Department are very valuable in that we have so much infrastructure it would be very difficult to monitor all of it in real time. WhatsUpGold makes that task much easier and often lets us know when there is an issue before we would be informed otherwise.

There is so much information sent to I.S. it could fill up your mailbox pretty quickly if you don't keep on top of it.

Mike
Network Administrator (É.-U.)
Équipements publics, 51-200 employés

Always Improving, Some Layer 2 Problems

Commentaires : Adequate tool for monitoring and sending alerts to the IT members, with escalations if not resolved

It is mostly reliable. Great scan engine, intuitive, maintenance mode with time limits, lots of great features

Layer 2 auto-maps are not reliable. I have opened several tickets and these problems never get resolved. If this feature worked reliably it would be a huge time saver.

JAMES
Administration publique, 5 001-10 000 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Great monitoring, alerting and switch config backup

Commentaires : Running it for over 4 years and it never went down.
Reliable alerting once you get it setup.

Automated Switch config backups. Great monitoring and alerting systems. Easy viewing and great for displaying on a monitor.

Complicated alarm setup. No mobile option.

Raul
VP & Director of IT (É.-U.)
Banque, 201-500 employés

Quick & Easy

We deployed this in less than a day and had it configured pretty well in a few days.

The licensing is a bit complicated, so that took some time before deploying it to make sure we had the right license.

Springman
Network Operations Manager (É.-U.)
Construction, 201-500 employés

Visibility is the key

Commentaires : Setting up took a bit time but once it's up and running, pretty much worry free. LOVE IT.

I have been using WhatsUp Gold since 2007 while the main purpose at the time is to see "what is up and what is down". Over the course of the past 13 year as a WUG user, the focus, to me, is switching to have the visibility of our entire network. How is our Internet bandwidth usage? How is the CPU/memory consumption on the application server, etc. I can't imagine how I can do troubleshooting without WUG.

The VoIP and Wireless module they offer do not work with what we have. That's probably the only down side that I wish everything can be included in one tool.

Kevin
Director of Technical Services (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 1 001-5 000 employés

WUG Review

Commentaires : the product is easy to use and not too expensive, it makes it a good fit for my company.

The ease of use and the renewal cost of the product

the more the product grows the more functionality they seem to take out of it.

Bernie
Network Manager (É.-U.)

I use it everyday for the past 15 years. Earlier versions were a bit easier to understand.

I like the graphics. The graphs are great. The product does a lot. It is familiar to me as I've used WUG since 1998

The product is complex to setup. I need direction/training on all that it can do as it is no longer obvious.

il y a 5 ans

Hi and thanks so much for the kind words! We¿re delighted that you¿re enjoying WhatsUp Gold and we love hearing about how you¿re using it. Please note that we do have a number of videos on Youtube that go into detail on our most recent release WhatsUp Gold 2018 as well as a Quick Tips series of how-to videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2lCWFrs4paSSNpe1JnTnQ If you have further questions about using WhatsUp Gold please feel free to contact us directly or visit our online Community at commmunity.ipswitch.com for more help. Thanks again for using WhatsUp Gold.

Scott
cto (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

long time customer

Commentaires : Very good. ive been very pleased with the service and depend on this daily to deliver important health updates.

ive used this product over 20 years. the last five years has seen this product grow and stabilize, with very good customer service. ease of use after deployment. dont be fooled. any product in this catagory needs extensive planning. if you do this, it will pay dividends.

we see that when flexibility is added, so is the complexity. there is a learning curve. but this applies also to similar competitive products.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for being a long time valued customer and for your review!

CIO (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 501-1 000 employés

WhatsUp gold is a good bare bones monitoring tool. The UI and UX is probably one of the worst

Commentaires : Provides basic reporting. What you see is sometimes what you get, but there could be so much more potential with the product.

the product is not expensive. The ease of use has slightly improved. Upgrades and patches are no longer a problem like they were in the past.

I don't trust the alerting The UI and UX is terrible. The dashboards you can create are extremely limiting There doesn't seem to be any built-in "hey you haven't been alerting on X,Y,Z, but you should because our other customers do and they see improved results" The competition is leaps and bounds ahead, but so is their price point.

Director of IT (É.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 11-50 employés

Multiple sets of eyeballs for a small team

The fact that WhatsUp Gold is so versatile is a huge win. You can do basically anything you need with it, and with us having a two person IT Ops team to cover the availability of all systems and services, it really acts as an all-seeing set of eyes into our infrastructure.

With versatility comes complexity of implementation. It's not as easy as just adding a new monitor. You have to have the type selected, include a maintenance schedule, etc.

Thank you for the review and for being a valued customer.

Software QA Tester (Nigeria)
Services financiers, 5 001-10 000 employés

Very Impressive

Commentaires : Quite an impressive tool, highly recommended

WhatsUp Gold helps to monitor network traffic for branches in remote location. It can easily notify on a particular network issue in a remote area which can be quickly attended to to prevent downtime. WhatsUp Gold also allows the easy monitoring of servers and applications.

- As helpful as this tool is, it should be modified to provide more details on issues identified

il y a 4 ans

Systems Engineer (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés

Good, but has an antiquated licensing model...

Commentaires : My experience has been pretty good, but as of right now we're looking at other more cost effective options.

I like how reliable it is. Once you've got it set up, it just keeps on chugging no matter how many fires are happening around it. It integrates well with PagerDuty and covers the bulk of our monitoring needs.

I don't like the licensing model. We have multiple sites and we have to set up fully licensed instances at those remote sites for monitoring of those resources. Additionally, we don't have a way to combine all of those remote sites into a single pane of glass with our main site so that we can get a holistic view of our enviornment.

Richard
System Administrator (É.-U.)
Agriculture, 201-500 employés

WhatsUp Gold - A Must Have

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Huge time saver in monitoring and handling issues that pop up. We have the out of sight-out of mind mentality. WhatsUp is our eyes and is a must have software.

Ease of setup and management. The capabilities to monitor all different kinds of systems in one place makes this software invaluable. Perfect fit for our critical monitoring needs.

Can't say I have any issues with WhatsUp Gold. It runs 24/7 keeping us safe.