Avis clients sur AVImark

4,1 /5
  • Service client
    4,2 /5

En savoir plus sur AVImark

Les vétérinaires choisissent AVImark pour sa facilité d'utilisation et sa grande valeur. Son approche cloud hybride assure sécurité et commodité.

En savoir plus sur AVImark

465 avis affichés

Misty F.
Independent Norwex Consultant
Biens de consommation, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 17/12/2018

"AVImark Review"

Commentaires: I realize by using Avimark we are able to keep track of each patient’s history, are able to make important notes and are able to see vital information quickly.

Avantages: I loved how you can put alerts, special notes etc for your coworkwes to see on customers that need that. Also, to print the vaccine history that is very convenient! I feel like the flow of the software is very easy to follow.

Inconvénients: Merging accounts sometimes causes issues.

envoyé par Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions le 18/12/2018

Hi Misty, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you calling to light the flow of our AVImark software--it is something we work at to ensure it matches the flow of your practice and day. We're always here to help with issues that may arise and help find ways to make them easier. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help with training, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

• Publié le 17/12/2018
Rosemary P.
Practice Administrator

"Avimark User 30+ Years"

Commentaires: Overall I feel that Avimark is a great program. It's ease of use is good. Beginners can pick up the basics easily. There are a lot of things that the system can do that many are not aware of. The ease of integration from one program to Avimark was pretty seamless.

Avantages: Easily teachable. Easy integration. User friendly.

Inconvénients: Not as easy to get "New" features added when suggested. I would like to see the online academy become part of the program as "basic" meaning I think that you would have way more practices wanting to have the system if this was available as a no charge portion of the system. Practices are constantly adding more staff, and the cost associated with the academy are not very cost effective for a practice to have year round. If this price was embedded in the purchase price and maybe just a minimal annual fee would be much easier for practices to want to continue this service.

Heather D.
Veterinarian/Practice Owner
  • Publié le 10/06/2021

"Avimark is user-friendly and effective"

Avantages: Avimark is quite easy to pick up on even for newer users. The scheduling and record-keeping areas integrate well. When working properly, it is very efficient.

Inconvénients: Quite often we have glitches and error codes when using the software. Sometimes when contacting Avimark support, the technical support people are unsure how to help.

Sarah C.
vet
  • Publié le 13/10/2020

"Would not purchase, do not recommend"

Avantages: I do not like this software. Its dated and slow and doesn't perform as well as other veterinary software products. I have used cornerstone and clientrax and both are significantly better. I would not have selected AVIMARK except that NVA made us take this software. The only real pro I can give is that it can handle the basics. We are not paperless, and I cannot imagine going paperless with this software as we have had repeated issues and we are not even using the medical record function.

Inconvénients: Its terribly outdated. It looks like it rolled out in the 1980s. Its not user friendly. You cannot easily move appointments. Dragging and dropping is limited. You cannot copy and paste appointments. The screens open partially minimized so it takes an additional step just to go full screen. Its slow. I cannot view my labwork by clicking on the requisition even though I can see the first few lines, it will then disappear, requiring yet an additional series of steps to view it. I can go on, its a daily frustration using this software.

• Publié le 13/10/2020
Mark O.
  • Publié le 30/03/2021

"The best server based Veterinary CMS"

Commentaires: Avimark allowed us to move from 100% paper records to a paper-lite process. Great product, except for update releases.

Avantages: Avimark provided excellent reporting capabilities allowing for user designed queries. Not dependant on Internet for service.

Inconvénients: Software releases would often cause catastrophic failures. Software releases were required to maintain tech support. While we used Avimark, feature releases focused on 3rd party integrations rather than software enhancements/bug fixes. MS Windows dependent.

• Publié le 30/03/2021
Juan V.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 03/12/2020

"Best vet specific software I have used"

Commentaires: Very easy to use, very easy to implement and teach. Great value for the money and good support.

Avantages: I love how responsive the developers are to suggestions for improvements. Support is awesome, and support hours are good - basically, they are there when we need them. Pricing is very fair and I like that we can install the software on multiple laptops without having to involve tech support.

Inconvénients: There are a couple of little glitches that I wish we could work around. If there is a requisition that doesn't go through to the diagnostic lab we need to delete the charges and enter them again, there doesn't seem to be a way to "Resubmit"

• Publié le 03/12/2020
Anne S.
Owner Veterinarian
  • Publié le 04/12/2020

"Easy to use"

Commentaires: I have been using Avimark for 20 years and have never seriously considered changing to another software system. It give us easily readable medical records, easy client transactions and ability to email clients from their medical records.

Avantages: Very easy to set up and start using. Also grows easily with the business.
It allows the business to decide how in-depth they want to go with the use of the software. ie) medical records can include rule out and then predetermined treatment options or be used as a simple free form medical record.

Inconvénients: Updating to new versions can cause network issues, especially difficulty printing until all printers are re-setup.
Support help can be hit or miss, but lately has been very good.

• Publié le 04/12/2020
Pamela S.
office manager
  • Publié le 17/11/2020

"Avimark is the way to go!"

Commentaires: We use Avimark, MPS for all of our daily clinic duties and love it.

Avantages: Avimark is very user-friendly and makes training new employees easy. It is integrated with other services to make transactions seamless. It enables our staff to spend more time with patients and working doing what we love to do!

Inconvénients: We have had a little bit more of a wait for the chat support feature since Avimark was bought by Covetrus but honestly have no real complaints.

Karen M.
Vétérinaire, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 08/12/2020

"Unbiased Avimark Review"

Commentaires: Was with them since inception, helped develop the SOAP system back with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Wish I had never changed to eVet Practice. Wish Avimark had an online option, I would switch back in a heartbeat!!!!

Avantages: Very easy to tailor to individual hospital needs. Excellent accounting capability

Inconvénients: That is a desktop version and we really needed an online option with our hopsital

• Publié le 08/12/2020
Brooke H.
Registered Veterinary Technician
  • Publié le 18/06/2019

"Lines vs Icons"

Commentaires: I have used this program for 6 years and I personally love it. The look can get old.

Avantages: I like how each "line" or items can have an option to add note and you can timestamp so you can never lose track of progression and who saw the patient at the time during the patient's baseline.

Inconvénients: It can look pretty old school or some call it classic. There is no way to "modernize" the look, I.E. icon style like iOS software on mac.

envoyé par Covetrus le 07/09/2019

Hi Brooke, thank you for providing your feedback! Our team is always working on improving the user experience. I've sent over your feedback to our Product team to ensure this is reviewed for future enhancements.

If you ever have any questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com

• Publié le 18/06/2019
Jill E.
  • Publié le 23/11/2020

"Avimark from a bookkeeping point of view"

Commentaires: We have been operating with the system since 2006 and have never regretted the decision. We have added many software partners such as Rapport which has saved our staff so much time in reminders and follow ups as well as upgrading our communications. We are only limited by our own time and availability to use what is already available within the software.

Avantages: The reporting capabilities of Avimark are endless. If there is a report your require it can be developed in the search fields. The standard reports are very adequate for reporting daily sales, doctor's revenue reporting, as well as tracking your revenue streams. Year end reports for inventory and annual sales are easily produced. The accounts receivables are always current and produce billing within the software. The capabilities of the software are actually only limited by the curiosity and capabilities of the people using it.

Inconvénients: One of the features that is lacking or does not integrate well in Canada is the point of purchase providers. Due to the fact it is an American product the reporting and reconciliation experience I had when using their integrated POP was not successful. There are so many options for how you can use the medical condition but it has unlimited potential if the doctors have the time to set it up. It does take time to input but having said that once it is set up it is a huge time saver and it allows you to put in your preferred set of protocols.

Selena W.
  • Publié le 23/11/2020

"Thorough program for all veterinary needs"

Commentaires: Over the past 6 years of using this program our veterinary clinic has grown, and this software has expanded with us. Originally we only had a handful of computers, where as now we have almost 30 running the medical program. I love the ease of use, for our staff, which helped to improve efficiency. Our staff, can room a client, the doctor can see the patient medical records and put in charges in the room, and we can finalize and check out the client in the room. It has made the process easy to have the client in one space, with no confusion.

Avantages: AVImark has helped our veterinary clinic by being able to create reports for statistics, keep in contact with our clients, and have thorough records. We have our in-house labs all where they 'talk' to AVImark, which is helpful for our doctors when talking with clients. When looking for a particular answer to a question, such as how many exotic pets did we see this year, or what doctor sees the most patients in a particular zip code, we can create a report for those answers. Over the past 6 years of using this program, there has only been a handful of reports that I could not create, which is spectacular for a numbers person! We have data at the tip of our fingers at any given point.

Inconvénients: The integration and transfer of data from AVImark into Quickbooks can be a challenge at times. There are some payment forms that do not transfer out 'clean' into a Quickbooks file, that requires a little work on the back end, like care credit payments. In addition, we implemented AVImark originally for the improvement of our inventory, and set up an entire system with barcode. Although you can sell product like a typical point-of-sale system with the barcode scanner, on the Receiving-end you cannot receive inventory by utilizing a barcode, which still leaves room for errors.

Ben W.

"22+ year user"

Commentaires: Over all I have been very happy with Avimark operation. I was an early user in the DOS days and have continued to recommend it to other practices. I am concerned with Avimarks long term survival because of the coding limitations and that Covetrus has other PMS that compete against it. I'm not sure that Covetrus gives Avimark needs a priority and we feel we've seen a decrease in levels of support when they took over.

Avantages: Avimark has been one of the most user friendly PMS I've worked with (worked with four other platforms). The ability to merge info from the PMS to a MSWORD document makes it so that all of the documents we sent out look clean and well formatted.
Having all the information on one display is nice.
Ability to search for a service or product by enter parts of it in the description is a handy search feature.
The information search has a significant learning curve but is a great tool once you know how to use it.
Report features are great.
There are almost too many security options but ability to create different authorized groups is handy.
Being able to run it on any station and not require a new license for every station is great.
The Sidekick feature looks great and was handy the couple times I worked with it.
The options that the More Stuff fields give you for collecting and charting data is handy and make for clean looking records.

Inconvénients: The difficulty for the program to evolve because of its coding is disappointing.
It's network dependence and hiccups that happen on wifi is disappointing.
Inability to attach documents other than doc files to treatments/inventory is less than ideal when many of the handouts we have are pdfs.
With one of the most recent reminder upgrades the ability to modify them has been restricted.

Cynthia W.
Veterinarian
Cabinets médicaux, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 05/06/2020

"Avimark is gold standard"

Commentaires: We use Avimark for daily transactions , histories and records, information search. It has some things I would like better, but all in all it is quite functional and relatively easy to use.

Avantages: Avimark is a time proven software for the veterinary industry. It is quite functional for the industry, whether a small or large clinic, few employees or many.

Inconvénients: I don't like the information search. I don't consider it user friendly. I am also not in favor of the new Avimark Guardian and having to do a backup through that program instead of within Avimark. For me, about half the time, I am having to restart the computer because the process disconnects the database. I routinely use Quickbooks and I think they are perhaps the most user friendly for information search, database, and ease of back up. Perhaps Avimark could work towards that goal. I think the quarterly fee for support is a little high. We have 2 full time employees and one part time and as far as I know, I am paying the same price for large clinics. Also, the lack of ability to get into an invoice (when you purchase from vendors) once it is closed is annoying. Sometimes, it needs editing and you simply can't get to it.

• Publié le 05/06/2020
Jessica M.
  • Publié le 28/05/2020

"Solid system, but definitely a little behind in features"

Commentaires: As a mixed animal hospital, Avimark seems to be more superior for large animal use/features than competing systems. It also is a super easy to use system despite lacking in some truly beneficial features.

Avantages: -Best system for equine/large animal practices.
-Easy for employees to learn/use as system is fairly basic.
-Tech support is fast and knowledgeable.

Inconvénients: -One of the biggest ways we recognize clients are by their pets. Highly disappointing that the appointment calendar only displays Client name, patient name, abbreviation for species and reason for visit. It would be optimal for it to display the Breed as that allows the receptionist to quickly know who the client is who is checking in.
-Measurements in inventory only go out 2 decimal points - needs to be greater.
-Only allows for 2 price breaks in an inventory item - wished it allowed for more.
-Estimate feature needs overhaul - confusing that it does not show/reflect range per line item. It only lumps a range total at bottom of estimate. Also, you cannot email estimates directly out of the system (like you can records). You have to save it to your computer and then email it out of your regular email system.
-Does not have a prescription refill count down feature.
-You can only book a patient reservation straight through one run/kennel in the system versus being able to maximize by taking advantage of space where another animal may be leaving or coming at a different time.
-Some of the most common report searches a clinic would use to track compliance/performance are not prebuilt in the system. You have to have a custom search set up, which requires tech support nearly all the time because they are too complex to build on your own.
-Despite same telephone and/or same address, does not always recognize a duplicate client.

Devon F.
Hospital Manager
  • Publié le 28/05/2020

"User friendly but needs a bit more optimization/customization capabilities"

Commentaires: Overall we have had a decent experience with AVImark. AVImark support has always been polite, though occasionally some have said certain things cannot be done that we are later told can be done from another team member. The staff are always polite though and we appreciate their assistance. The program, though it still has its faults, is user friendly and certainly has a lot of potential.

Avantages: It is user friendly in most aspects compared to other software programs I have used in veterinary practices.

Inconvénients: There are a few features that my staff and doctors over the years of using it have brought to my attention. One of the biggest issues is the medical condition and how it is viewed in the patient's chart. The fact that there isn't a way to easily view the doctors' notes from the most recent visits has led us to not yet convert to being paper lite. With paper records a doctor can quickly glance at the most recent notes from other doctors/themselves to familiarize themselves with a case. At this time in AVImark from what we can tell we have to manually find the line item where the medical condition is listed and then open that fully for each separate visit. If there was the option to have those notes be in read only view from the chronological page or a different page that would be extremely helpful.
Additionally if there was a way to, from the software, submit a bug or error report. With the ability to include a screenshot or something similar this would be much more convenient than having to call in to the support desk each time.
Lastly if there was a way to track changes made within AVImark to the calendar this would be incredibly helpful. Being able to look and see who moved an appointment, or where it was previously scheduled would be excellent for busy practices when there's a lot of people on the schedule at any given time.

Ericka M.
  • Publié le 13/01/2020

"Great! User Friendly!"

Commentaires: It is great. I can have just one program for appointments and client data for grooming, pet sitting and dog walking.

Avantages: How it logs the pets and the owners names. Easy to access and log in data of sales and appointments.

Inconvénients: It is a bit much as price goes. Although you get what you pay for. I was able to have all the services I have in just one program.

envoyé par Covetrus le 14/01/2020

Thank you for your review, Ericka. It's great to see a unique business perspective.

If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out!

• Publié le 13/01/2020
Sue M.
PRESIDENT
  • Publié le 20/09/2019

"AVIMARK FAN"

Commentaires: I mostly enjoy not having to daily trouble shoot avimark as we did with our former software company. I also like not having paper files- (buying the supplies, making the files, filing the files, finding the files when they were mis filed, etc...)

Avantages: We switched to avimark several years ago. I was reluctant because of the fear of training 20 employees but fortunately at the time we had several employees who were familiar with the soft ware and the transition wasnt as difficult as Ii was expecting. We are paper lite and enjoy having all our medical notes, attachments and lab results imported into the software. We have off site back up so no worry about losing all our data with computer crash.

Inconvénients: We have had times where support is busy and can't help us resolve an issue immediately.

• Publié le 20/09/2019
Michael M.
DVM/Owner
  • Publié le 05/09/2019

"Avimark pros and cons"

Commentaires: Overall I have been happy with Avimark but recent lapses in service have been concerning.

Avantages: Cost and ease of use. We utilize many functions and have been paperless for about 10 years. Customer support is usually good. Started using Rapport recently also for text and email reminders.

Inconvénients: There have been several episodes lately where the software goes down and we can’t get into Avimark for work. Recently had to restore from a backup to get it to work. It seems these problems are getting worse. Computer searches are also more difficult than they should be.

envoyé par Covetrus le 07/09/2019

Thank you for your feedback, Dr. Mawhorter!

We're happy to have you as a loyal customer for the last 10 years and I hope you are enjoying your Rapport subscription.

The episodes with AVImark going down is very concerning to us as well. Our team thoroughly investigates every outage to determine root-cause and finds resolutions to avoid additional downtime. I'll send over your feedback on computer searches to ensure this is reviewed for future enhancements.

If you ever have questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com.

All the best!

• Publié le 05/09/2019
Tinaza Z.
LVT CCRP
  • Publié le 01/03/2019

"User friendly but thorough"

Commentaires: We were able to become paperless and do away with paper charts.

Avantages: It is very easy to use. It is windows based therefore it is easy to train new people to use. There are multiple ways to search for client/patient info. Reports are easy to run. White board makes keeping track of patients and patient plans easy. Entering line items is easy and you can enter inventory in thto the line item. When scheduling, you can change colors to help keep track of appointment types. You can create canned notes in the glossary to make note keeping easy. It is easy to create canned estimates and post them into the chart. Employees have to sign in therefore you have a trail to keep track of who has done what. You can create word documents and have the client/patient information autofilled which makes discharge instructions easy.

Inconvénients: The customer service is not as available and user friendly as they could be. Fortunately we don't have to call very often. The only con in regards to software, is that you cannot time stamp the posting time to know when a client checked out.

envoyé par Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions le 07/03/2019

Thanks for your feedback and review, TinaZa! We agree with the multitude of ways you listed that makes AVImark easy to use and customizable to your practice. We're happy to hear you and your team are benefiting from the flexibility of our system. We're always working to improve everything from the solutions we offer to the Teams you speak with when you're in need of Support. We appreciate you raising both the positives and negatives of your experience with us. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

• Publié le 01/03/2019
Kathleen J.
Hospital Manager
  • Publié le 28/09/2017

"Used it since it was DOS based in the early '90's"

Commentaires: I miss it so much every day I make my new boss mad I repeatedly tell her, we are switching, it is a matter of WHEN.

Avantages: Most cost effective software to buy. If you price out the annual support fees it will pay for itself in 5 years over Cornerstone. (I keep pushing for it at my new office)
FEATURE RICH. Requires thorough reading of the manual to truly see all the features and I suggest going to different paperless offices to see how folks use all the features. Best features I miss now that I have been at a Cornerstone office for 5 years: the right click WHO GOT, you can go anywhere to any service and item and see at a glance who used this item recently, not run a sales report. HUGE help.
Next editing their item lists, can do a whole category at a time, can hit next over and over. Very helpful.
Lastly LISTS, we used them constantly for interoffice communication and managing labs and medical records.
Not part of Avimark but it integrates with NetNotes. That is an ap that worked with AVImark that made paperless message taking a dream. REALLY WORTH BUYING THE NETWORKING FEATURE

Inconvénients: Need a really smart IT professional to set it up right. I managed the LAN for 2-3 years on my own and it gave me problems, because I am NOT a professional. Once we got someone in that KNEW their stuff (an IBM network problem solver for over a decade) we got a LINUX server and had 16 systems with a huge monitor white board. Never went down, rarely had problems, but a good IT guy needs to be figured into your budget. Not really a CON but Vets are famous for DIY.
Upgrades tend to be glitchy, since the very beginning. There is no way for them to be able to test their software on all our crazy network setups, so you'll get 6 new awesome features and 1-3 things you have to wait for them to patch and fix. Drove me crazy for a while and then just became something I planned for. Worth it in the end.
Rebuild whenever I needed an accurate inventory. If you haven't invested in their sequel server version, it just has to be done, nice thing was I COULD DO IT, I didn't have to call support to do so. If you have an amazing server it takes very little time.
Ideally use networked printers. Cornerstone it is an obligation not an option.
Not intuitive, requires learning, the context menus are so vast (read feature rich) it really takes a while to pick up.

envoyé par Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions le 29/09/2017

Thank you, Kathleen, for your review. We hope you get to join the AVImark family of users again!

• Publié le 28/09/2017
Computer specialist/CSR
Vétérinaire, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 11/06/2020

"Very customizable and user friendly - once you get past the learning curve!"

Commentaires: Overall it’s excellent. There are sometimes bugs with it (like suddenly not finding any pet named Bella, so you have to rebuild indexes) but for the most part, it works great. It is usually speedy, and it can do some really neat, helpful things.

Avantages: All the information you need is in front of you - client, pet, reminders. And it is easy to make it do some really cool things, such as packages, creative reminders, documents attached to treatments or diagnoses, etc.

Inconvénients: We switched to this software from Cornerstone, and that was one of the most difficult times in memory. I am very good with software, and it took me three weeks to feel comfortable with it. Some less proficient folks complained for more than a year! Six years later, and I still occasionally find things it will do that I didn’t know about.

• Publié le 11/06/2020
Dawn R.
RVT Manager

"Review"

Commentaires: Overall AVImark is a good program to run. There will never be a program that fits all the needs of every vet hospital out there but they give it a good try.

Avantages: We have had AVImark for 15 + years. It is very user friendly for everyday uses. It is easy to move between different screens. We did not have any trouble moving our data from the previous program that we had.

Inconvénients: We have a boarding area and the boarding scheduler could be improved. You cannot make boarding chart documents using the data in Avimark it all has to be written out by hand. Trying to make searches for data is complicated so I usually have to call into customer support for those. Most of the time they are very helpful in getting these set up, other times it take a while even for them to get the right search parameters set.

Ruth R.
  • Publié le 10/06/2021

"AVImark needs an overhaul"

Commentaires: Overall I've been underwhelmed with AVImark from the sale to implementation to support. If we didn't spend so much money on the hardware and software in the beginning of ownership we would have switched systems by now. I'm riding out the time until our server is near death before switching. Speaking of servers, we were sold an outdated server by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. And when our IT people noticed this issue I contacted Covetrus (formerly HS) and they said the sales rep had left, it was a different company then, and there was nothing they could do about it. Poor, poor service.

Avantages: Inventory management is great if the time is taken to set up properly. The appointment calendar is useful. Worklists keep the staff together. There are a lot of useful aspects of the software but there are a lot of hoops to jump through to get there.

Inconvénients: There are too many windows and options to click through before a change is effected. The fear of running updates because you will lose information or capabilities is real.

Judith C.
Lead Client Services Representative
  • Publié le 02/06/2020

"Easy to use Avimark"

Commentaires: Overall our clinic is very happy with how easy it is to use Avimark, and how reliable the software is. We feel confident that when we need support we will get a definitive answer ( even if not the answer we hoped for ).
We plan to go paperless this year and have looked into the you tube videos and experimented with the shortcut keys. We feel confident that we will be able to transition effectively with the Avimark support to assist when needed.

Avantages: I didn't have anyone to train me beyond the very basics of Avimark. I found that I could navigate and explore the features better than I expected. The software is intuitive. I also found that if you make a mistake, it is easy to fix. Some of the best things I use are the shortcut keys (F2 Refill, F4 Remove, etc.), however the very best feature of Avimark is the Customer Service support. I have called for a variety of situations and the support team is patient, knowledgeable and always willing to help.

Inconvénients: A frustrating feature is that in order to perform a Who Got? (search for everyone who got whatever service or item), you have to know at least one client that got that service or item. Not as useful as it could be! Also, our clinic wants to add another credit card machine but that would require 2 closeouts at the end of the night. There is no way to flag Initials or a terminal to one cc reader and likewise to the second cc reader. That feature would be very useful and I don't understand why that is not an option.

• Publié le 02/06/2020