Avis clients sur AppFolio Property Manager

4,5 (1 805) Écrivez votre avis !

En savoir plus sur AppFolio Property Manager

Une solution logicielle de gestion des biens exhaustive pour rationaliser votre journée de travail et vous concentrer sur les résultats.

En savoir plus sur AppFolio Property Manager

Totally closed system (no open API), so it's impossible to integrate other things with. Their in-house call center is expensive and poor value for the money, considering wait times.

AppFolio Property Manager - Notes

AppFolio Property Manager a reçu une note globale de 4,5 étoiles sur 5 d'après 1 805 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé AppFolio Property Manager ?

Filtrer les avis (1 805)

Zak
CFO

Growing Together

5,0 il y a 4 mois
Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Drew
Drew
Assistant Operations Manager (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 51-200 employés

Amazing Property Manager for Small-to-Medium Companies

Commentaires : The biggest issue my company had was advertising vacancies. We were relying on walk-in tenants, which has not been a good source for 5-10 years. AppFolio is one-click to post to multiple free websites and syncs with Apartments.com if your company goes that route. Ease of use and great training/help files will keep us with them for years to come.

First and foremost, the value of the product. You get everything you need for cheaper than most of the other products out there. For my company, we transitioned from Buildium to AppFolio and instantly reaped the rewards. AppFolio provided us with an inexpensive company website, a quick and easy tool to post our vacancies to multiple websites, and great assistance during set-up.

I know some of the more expensive options offer more competitive pricing tools and a little more automation. Also, AppFolio had a few issues (like maintenance personnel not being able to see pictures on work orders using their mobile devices) that took AppFolio a while to start addressing.

il y a 3 ans

Dear Drew, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy that your transition to AppFolio was a good one and that you are already reaping the benefit!

Tammy

AppFolio PM review

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : I truly do like the system and once we are fully up and running I hope it will be easier to do reporting and making sure things are correct.

The software is easy to access from different parts of the system/program. I can easily find residents, owners, and vendors as needed. This allows me to not waste time searching for items that I need.

The least appealing has been the transition to AppFolio from our current system of Propertyware. Things that were promised would be integrated were not and we have had several issues with payments, late fees, etc. transferring over to the new system when they said it would be effortless. It has not been effortless.

Sheri
Broker (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

No support help-takes weeks for them to get back to you-BEWARE

3,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : BAD, looking at other software programs now, I'm selling company and cant get them to call back with exit plans- no help from them whatsoever.

Somewhat user friendly- NO SUPPORT HELP-BEWARE

Customer service never calls back, weeks go by before they ever reach out to you. Poor service

Sean
Financial Controller (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

A must-have for any property management company

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : AppFolio has been great overall. The product does have a steep learning curve. It took at least 6 months for our whole team to get comfortable using the software, but once they bought into it, it has completely transformed the way we do business.

Online rent payments, online maintenance requests, customizable reports, robust accounting features, dedicated support team, software is constantly evolving.

eCheck payments being returned as NSF when they shouldn't be, credit card payments are able to be cancelled months later after we've already given the money to the owner, owners aren't able to sign leases through their portal, steep learning curve.

Ryan
owner (É.-U.)

Appfolio review

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : very positive

upgrade from Propertyware. Easy to use interface, easy to access pages, just a more updated and comprehensive software.

couple of features can be updated. Ability to send pictures via text, ability to provide owner real time reporting.

Brian
Manager (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 2-10 employés

Way Better Than QuickBooks!

5,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Appfolio has been great for me.

I went from QuickBooks and separate services for screening and renters insurance programs, to Appfolio which offers everything in one.

I didn't like that the accounting is handled by property rather than by company, but I got used to it.

Controller (É.-U.)

Appfolio - Highly Recommend

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Great for running the buildings. We are presently trying to transition our management company into Appfolio from QBs. If we can will save significant time as we will not need double entry

Appfolio is very easy to use compared to other property management softwares, and is easy for tenants to use the product

Some of the accounting features are very basic but they seem to always be coming up with new things which is great.

Corporate Services Manager (É.-U.)
Immobilier commercial, 11-50 employés

AppFolio meets the needs for property management - it helps us stay on top of tasks.

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : We do have a good handle on tracking billable hours for our maintenance staff. Out leasing group is able to keep up with vacancies and upcoming potential vacancies to help renew leases.

It is generally easy to use. Teaching new techs is pretty simple as it is intuitive.

When trying to use the software for a specific use that may not line up with the general use, it is difficult to get answers for how to modify how we use it or how to specify the trouble with tech support.

Sara
Controller (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Great option for smaller companies

4,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Easy to use and navigate. Continuous product improvement and focus on customer wants and needs makes this a great tool to grow into.

While there are some customizable features, there isn't an option to design your own reporting. Some industry standard leasing and financial performance metrics aren't tracked in the system and it's difficult to pull together some of this data without a lot of manual work.

COO (Italie)
Sports, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

With this tool, you can even decide to start a career in the real estate from zero.

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

This tool It’s very simple and easy to understand and allows great control over the properties.Is not just a management tool but even allows residents to take advantage of it, which positively impacts your market audience and delivers a better customer experience.

Maybe can add a community feature, and if I can suggest something, I would suggest replicating this tool on agricultural land management

Jessica
Property Management Director (É.-U.)
Immobilier commercial, 2-10 employés

Using AppFolio for property management

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : I have been very pleased with AppFolio. For several years we have used it as its minimum abilities but more recently discovered it has many other features that make managing properties easier and more efficient. The online training articles are very helpful and most of the time answer all of our questions.

The software was easy to use. I started using it without any training but because I was familiar with several pother software programs was able to navigate through pretty easily. It's intuitive and user friendly. The self help articles are also very handy and most of the time answer my questions.

There is a minimum number of units we had to maintain in oder to begin using AppFolio. And a minimum monthly amount to spend. For serval years we had to pay for more than we needed to meet this minimum amount monthly. Because we bill our properties back per unit, our company had to incur the additional expense until we were large enough.

Vivianq
Operation Manager (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

If you are in Property Management AppFolio is the best choice!

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : We all love using AppFolio!

The program is super user friendly and quality life changes are being made regularly to make the software better. Between adding features and their support system makes workflow with AppFolio easier than ever. They take suggestions made from customers/users and do their best to implement them. Training new employees to use AppFolio has gone from taking months to get someone able to use to just a few weeks.

They do make changes behind the scenes that sometimes effects the way you have something set up and you don't know it until it gets brought to someones attention.

Paola

Appfolio Property Management Review

4,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : Overall, we were expecting to achieve more efficient reporting results that would help us present better information and financials to our Board members. This backfired on us. However, end users (owners and tenants) seem to be happy with their online portal experience. They have sent us good reviews on the way we've made it simpler for them to pay their dues/rents which has resulted in lower ageing receivables.

I value that unlike many other Property Management programs, Appfolio does not integrate with many 3rd party platforms. 3rd party platforms can adversely affect the overall user experience of your clients; furthermore, the service Company with whom you signed the contract, can't control the quality of service of the 3rd party. So basically, your software company might be selling you a service that they have little control over. Invoice payment is great. It has saved us a lot of time from our previous program. I also really like the communications function.

Customer Service. Once you are enrolled, you are on your own. Although Appfolio claims that have great online training videos, we all know these are too generic, and real life situations are not generic. It is also impossible to get reliable over the phone support. It takes a support agent about 2 days to get back with you (if they ever do) Once you have them on the phone, they are not sufficiently trained to answer many questions regarding anything from reporting to accounting to program usage. This is a BIG con. We also don't like the fact that we are unable to receive over the phone payments

Valerie
Director of Property Management (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Great Software, needs timely customer care for established customers

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall, I love the product and when I can get the assistance I need I am very happy. We aren't a huge company but we manage close to 300 doors, so we are respectable. We were the first users in our area and told everyone to switch to them. I still think they are better than any other PM software provider we have used and we have used several. My only complaint is the inability to get timely customer care responses. Honestly, service after the sale is VERY important!

Overall ease of use. Accounting based, online rent payments, and ability to connect all areas of property management together.

When we first started with Appfolio they were very quick to respond to our customer service needs. Now, all you get is an email that directs you to watch videos or to online chat. When you have already exhausted those options and you need to speak to ANYONE, it is impossible! I have waited over a month for someone to call me back. By the time they call I have forgotten what I needed, or the details of the transaction I needed help with. They need to hire more customer service reps. When they do call you they are very friendly and knowledgeable, but they usually give you a few minutes and if you need help with someone else while you have them on the phone they tell you to make another request. Then, it's back to the WAIT game.

Daniele
AppFolio Administrator (É.-U.)
Immobilier commercial, 51-200 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Our Business Runs on AppFolio!

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : From the onboarding process to going live, AppFolio has been there for us! Their team worked with us every day during data migration and user training, so that we were confident once we went live. AppFolio is so user friendly and the Help Center so comprehensive that we rarely need to contact support, but even when we do need their help, the support team is friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond. We couldn't be happier with our decision to move to AppFolio.

The ease of use. AppFolio makes every process seem simple. All of the information within AppFolio is easily searchable and our users don't need to be super tech savvy to use AppFolio with confidence.

We'd love to see AppFolio make a concerted effort to improve or add features for commercial properties like sales tracking/percentage rent billing. Even though the commercial property features aren't as robust as the residential features, I have no doubts that I will see these features in the future. AppFolio regularly releases new and improved features. They also maintain a robust user community wherein they take suggestions and let us know what suggestions are in the works.

Zak
CFO (É.-U.)

Growing Together

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Appfolio was a great decision when I was looking at Property Management Software. I have used other software but this one saves me so much time and frustration. I could not imagine my team using any other tool.

One of my favorite things about this software is that I feel like Appfolio is growing with my company. The software has come so far in the last couple years with lots of new features. There have been multiple occasions where I have a problem and then in a couple days I get notified that Appfolio has created a solution to my problem. It is actually very weird but I don't believe in coincidences so I just right it off as a great partnership.

I wish that I could change the bank accounts that the properties use currently to a new one without having to work with someone at Appfolio.

Sherry
Accounting Supervisor (É.-U.)

Appfolio Review July2021

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Appfolio is a great product and takes a lot of the user labor out.

I love how you can tie everything in from property to owner to tenant. You can click on the amount in any report to review a transaction. Attaching PDFs to the statements are fantastic. Communication is wonderful.

The finer accounting pieces. I would love to be able to run the balance sheet and click on Operating Cash to see what the balance of each bank account that makes up the Operating cash, then if I want to see by property, I could click on that total.

Voner
CEO (É.-U.)

My AppFolio Experience

Commentaires : We have thoroughly enjoyed using AppFolio as our Property Management software. On the first page of this review I had to select "real estate" because we actually manage numerous multi-family properties and commercial properties. It has been a pleasure to use a software that was easy, makes sense, and being able to customize things to suit your individual needs. The only negative feedback I would have, is the time you have to wait for an answer from tech support, if it is not an easy question you can get resolved on a chat. And at times, chat is not available either. That has been my most challenging thing because a lot of times, my problems come up with a time sensitive issue and I wait much longer than I would prefer. I understand there are other customers, and I get that. My past experience with tech support has never been to wait more than a few hours and at the most one day. Hopefully, that can improve because otherwise, we just love this software!!! Thank you so much for making our jobs much easier :)

It is user friendly and it makes sense! It allows you to edit and change where necessary, without a lot of headache. We all love AppFolio!

Conversions are always challenging, so that was probably the toughest part of the process when we changed from another software. Everyone was great though to work with and helping us get everything up and running.

Stacey
Director Of Operations (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Newer user, Pleasant surprises, and managing challenges.

Commentaires : Our implementation team was great. We tested one building in the system (paid for it, not free) so that we had a real idea of what using it would be like. That gave part of our team a positive advantage. It is very easy to use although the language takes some getting use to and often at times -- people are up in arms about changes. If you can handle that, this software will be a great success.

It can be very user friendly if you invest the time to take advantage of what the system offers. It offers A LOT. When one thing doesn't work the way you want it to, it doesn't mean the system is bad. It is actually REALLY GOOD. It helps us encompass a lot of different platforms into one which was the main reason we chose it. We were pleasantly surprised how much we like using the software.

In our market, there are several items or tasks we need to perform or things we need to track that are often overlooked by property management software. Appfolio does know how to handle one task that is critical but it is not fully functional. When we choose the software, we thought because it was marketed as something that handled "NYC DHCR" leases but that's is misleading. As we were going live, we found out that it has limitations which resulted in us not being able to fully utilize in the way we thought we would. Once you discover things like this, it is quite difficult to get a total solution that is easy or quick available for use. This creates a real challenge and means we have to work around it but we want to be hopeful that we can help them continue to make advancements to fully handle the NYC market. In the meantime, we are stuck with challenges.

Derek
Owner (É.-U.)

Modern Software for a Modern World

Commentaires : I love AppFolio. It really does make our jobs 10x easier. Property management is not glamourous and it is not easy, AF helps us make it just a little bit easier and glamourous. AF is a great platform that we enjoy using on a daily basis.

AppFolio fits in great with our culture and our business. It evolves as we do and caters to our needs. The "What's New" features are something that is looked forward to whenever they roll out. The ease of use is great and makes it very easy to onboard new employees and cross-train existing staff.

The #1 feature that would benefit our company would be a more streamlined and customizable API so that we could connect with other tools that we use. I think some of the APM Plus features should be included with the non-Plus version, or give us mid-sized businesses some a la carte options. THE WORKFLOWS! I love these workflows but they are too complicated for the lamen. I am fairly tech-savvy and it's too much for us. We've partnered with another outside company to create many workflows and automation using Monday.com and we would LOVE these to be inside AF.

Allison
CEO (É.-U.)

Promising Software / Horrible customer service

Commentaires : I could have had a great customer experience with appfolio, if they had better trained staff to answer your questions in a timely manner

I like the customization of this software. It is ideal if you manage a variety of portfolios. The dashboard and tasks menu are placed well and easy to navigate. The software uses a tab feature that allows to easily work with different tasks at a time. Excellent reporting features. Great mobile app

HORRIBLE customer service. The software is extremely robust, which will normally be a good thing. However, with that comes a lot of questions. Unfortunately only 1 out of 5 agents can help you. Most issues will have to be advanced to a senior agent . Once that happens you will have to EMAIL what your issue is or wait anywhere from 3-7 days for a scheduled phone call. So if your issue is time sensitive you are simply out of luck. I am seasoned property management professional, and I have worked with many softwares. Appfolio, by far is one of the most difficult I have worked with. There is countless steps to complete everything. Of course that allows for a lot of customization, but understand it takes a long time to learn it. Additionally there are promised features that don't work well. For example text messaging. You can text within the software, but there is no push notification. So if you are not inside the software or checking you email constantly, you won't know someone sent a text. So Pointless!!!. That is just one of many. There is reason there is no free trial and they bound you to a one year contract.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Allison, thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. We do have a guaranteed response rate of 24-48 hours but many issues to require us to follow-up with more information is it is a more complicated accounting question. We do have a robust Help & Training center if you need assistance with accounting. We hope we can improve your experience moving forward!

General Manager (É.-U.)

Better than expected

The ease of use and mobile app make this software very useful for property managers. For leasing, the application and lease signing process is pretty seamless once set-up. The Online Portal is also great as it helps cut down on unnecessary emails or calls to the office. Residents can pay rent, submit requests for maintenance, and sign lease renewals all through their Online Portal. The lease renewal interface is one of my favorite features as it has really cuts down on the amount of time I spend drafting and preparing renewals. This software offers a lot and they are always pushing out updates and new features which is great.

The biggest problem is customer support. Some requests take days or weeks to hear back from someone and in property management, we typically don't have days or weeks to wait for a fix to a problem we are experiencing. However, when someone does help, they tend to always be able to resolve our problems. I would also like to see more customization to the software. Little things like being able to add my own "reasons for move-out" to the drop down when selecting a reason for a move-out. Also adding the option for management to select "preferred/available times" when entering a maintenance request for a resident. Residents have this option when submitting via the online portal, but management does not if they are entering a request on behalf of a resident. The work around is just writing it in the access notes, but that seems disconnected since user submitted requests will show the preferred times in a different section so maintenance staff may overlook it since it will be in a different spot than usual.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Dennis, thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we appreciate your feedback.

Mario
Immobilier, 201-500 employés

Appfolio: An Overall Property Management Solution

Commentaires : Appfolio definitely makes up for any short comings with their innovation and user friendly interface. We like their attention to detail and their progressive attitude towards the future of online property management solutions. I've used other property management systems in the past and they all have significant downsides, whether lacking in their online integration, being too complicated, overkill or some other glaring issue. We like and have grown to depend on Appfolio. Even with it's slight flaws, which are minimal, but hey, no online property management software is perfect.

We love the ease of use, flow of the interface, and the online integration, the cost is inline with other comparable software, so you definitely get what you pay for. We wish we could make use of all of the features the software has to offer, as there is so much to choose from. Their customer services is upstanding, and we make good use of the 24 hour tenant maintenance support line. We've used Appfolio for 6 years now, and so far we've had a good experience.

The cons while important are minimal. We face underlying program issues, such as with rent charges. The system is set up for 1st of the month rent charges ONLY, but we have different rent due dates ranging from the 1st to the 15th. This causes havoc for us as some tenants with due dates other than the 1st get charged twice in the longer months. We have to pay them back and it can be very frustrating for them as they have to wait days for their funds. As well the tenant's online portal doesn't always show the correct amount owed as it automatically includes charges for the upcoming month, which confuses most tenants. The ease of use is also a double edged sword since if not careful, as with a lot of programs, you can make system changes, and data or journal entry mistakes that can be difficult to fix. While the customer support is helpful they are not always the end all, so you might be expected to fix your own problems if needed. In some cases customer service can only take you so far. If the issue is long lasting they may start to wane on their responses to you with assistance or be unable to help you. But this is explained when you begin orientation so you should take the responsibility of educating yourself on the system before using it.

Brayden
Owner/Property Manager (É.-U.)
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur

AppFolio is Powerful, Take the time to study it

This software is amazing. It has so many features from initial contact with prospective renters all the way through the rental process. It allows you to initiate online payments to vendors and owners. It is capable of creating HTML packets for posting to websites manually. It also posts automatically to about 30 other websites. It is awesome.

It has taken a lot of work to learn and I’m still learning a lot and I’ve been using it for 7 years. You have to treat it like learning a new language and dive in to understand each facet of the software.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Executive Manager (É.-U.)

Well-Rounded & Reliable

Commentaires : Appfolio has world class customer service with extremely quick response time. Implementing the software was as easy as it could have been. It still takes time and effort, but it is certainly worth it to be on such a streamlined software.

I love the ability to track collections, maintenance orders, and Tenant info/documents from my smartphone. This software gives me the option to have any staff work remote as needed and still do our jobs at 100% capacity.

Appfolio does a nice job at continuing to develop better features. One area that needs improvements is the ability to do inspections. It takes forever for photos to upload while at the property and uses a ton of data. Would be nice to be able to have the inspections saved locally to the phone and then upload all at once while on WiFi. This would speed up inspections drastically. Improving inspection templates is also needed.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Benjamin, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback!