Avis clients sur AppFolio Property Manager

• Service client

En savoir plus sur AppFolio Property Manager

Une solution logicielle de gestion des biens exhaustive pour rationaliser votre journée de travail et vous concentrer sur les résultats.

En savoir plus sur AppFolio Property Manager

1 572 avis affichés

Joe P.
Executive Vice-President
Immobilier, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 03/10/2019

"#1 single-family residential PM software"

Commentaires: Our experience with Appfolio has been great! It has created efficiencies within our single-family division that didn’t exist previously. I’m optimistic that over time they will develop more features that will allow us to be even more efficient.

Avantages: It’s robust yet easy to use, dependable, constantly evolving, their developers listen to their customer’s needs and if possible delivers, issues are handled quickly by their web based customer service team, and it’s affordable.

Inconvénients: The layout of the property financial statements are subpar and difficult for our clients to understand; its not the best software choice to manage commercial or multi-family properties; it’s lack of customization

• Publié le 03/10/2019
Danny L.
Cam
Eau/gaz/électricité, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 30/08/2020

"Data Configuration and Segregation of Data by Association"

Commentaires: I think overall it has been a good experience but the on-boarding team should highlight the things we need to do to make it easier down the road when we grow to more that 2 or 3 associations. When doing work for an association we need ways of setting temporary defaults to allow to do billing, payments, reporting etc. without having to enter the association over and over. Even this survey was not set up right. You ask what the industry was and none of them dealt with what we do like Association Management.

Avantages: It is easy to use for sure and support and on boarding was great.

Inconvénients: The product is too slanted toward rentals or property management with one association. If you had 60 associations in a portfolio you have all your GL Accounts, Bank Accounts, Vendors all together. This is just good design from a functional stand point making customers name things to know the difference. You should keep things separated by Association. Weak design from a data structure point of view making it fit the small companies but not good for the larger portfolios.

• Publié le 30/08/2020
Tara D.
Residential Property Manager
  • Publié le 11/08/2018

"Sad to be looking elsewhere."

Commentaires: Initially, I was thrilled with Appfolio. They had live support, and same day follow up calls when submitting tickets. Suggestions on the user forum were implemented, or at the very least, were updated by Appfolio so we knew they were aware and cared. None of that anymore, but we are regularly being innundated with value added junk that we can pay for if we want it or obscure improvements that seem pretty specialized/not broadly impactful. Meetups, etc. are heavily geared toward sales/recruitment and have virtually no value for current clients. I was fine with shrugging my shoulders as this is often how things go with growing companies, but looking completely unprofessional to my tenants/owners due to unreliable email/text, suppressed fee accounting/commingling problems (that are legit problems, not user error), and confusing owner statements have me in talks to switch. Property managers are dealing with stigma to start with - I don’t need my management software making my company look unreliable/unprofessional/untrustworthy on top of it. Not to mention - I dread having to explain during a state audit why income is “suppressed” from owner reporting.

Avantages: Extremely easy to navigate/train employees to use, tenant rent payment/owner contributions are free with ACH, application-move in flow is smooth, mobile app works well, available property postings look great on my website.

Inconvénients: Suppressed fees amount to commingling, and that is so bad. It could easily be resolved and the idea has lots of votes in the forum yet it remains unaddressed. Not to mention, suppressed application fees can be passed on to an owner before you need to refund the fee depending on the timing and that leads to a nightmare of accounting, and having to explain to an owner why you are unprofessionally having to withhold the money in the next month. I tried to get help from support to no avail (it was repeatedly blown off as user error) so then I started going to their live meetups when they came to town begging for help from support in person to make it clear it is not user error. That led to more dissmissal from user support as being due to user error, so I finally said I wasn’t taking no for an answer. After talking to tons of people, I finally got a support person who understood what I was saying, and all they could offer was a VERY time consuming work-around. The integrated email/text feature often fails and does not notify you that it failed causing huge problems. Notification emails when a lead inquires have started being unreliable. If tenants wait too long to respond to an email I sent via appfolio, they are told the thread has expired. Since every email sent from appfolio is sent from a different spammy looking email address, I get frustrated tenants asking which of the 15 email addresses they should use to reach me. Owner statements are confusing to owners.

envoyé par AppFolio le 21/08/2018

Hello Tara, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We understand your frustration and we are glad that you were able to talk through these items with one of the managers on our Customer Success Team. Based on your business practices, not consistently paying our your suppressed fees seems to have caused an issue with your owner's statements. We hope, after speaking with a manager, you will be able to establish a good cadence of paying these in order to avoid error in the future. We take our client feedback seriously and take all of it into consideration when building and improving new features. We hope you will stick with us and continue to provide this vital feedback.

• Publié le 11/08/2018
Chelsey H.
Accounting Department
  • Publié le 29/06/2020

"Easy to use, no major flaws"

Commentaires: The experience has been amazing. Customer service is quick, and we were able to decrease the amount of physical checks in our business office by 50% in the first two years.

Avantages: I love the ease of use of this software. It gives me so many options for reporting, investigating any issues, and my tenants love that they can pay online and request maintenance online as well. I love the look of it, it is modern without being gaudy.

Inconvénients: I only wish that changing ownership for 1099 reporting was easier (IE partners that get monthly distributions but want the 1099 reported to the partnership name)

Joseph M.
Staff Accountant
  • Publié le 22/07/2020

"Great Software, Better Tech Support"

Commentaires: Fantastic software.

Avantages: User interface and tech support. The user interface is intuitive, more often than not at least, and the tech support is incredibly responsive and helpful.

Inconvénients: It is build on a Cash basis accounting system (extremely helpful for property management but numbingly difficult for COA/HOA management, which is by definition an Accrual game)

• Publié le 22/07/2020
Brandon C.
Broker/Owner
  • Publié le 14/07/2020

"Requested Features Still Have Not Been Added"

Commentaires: The software does a very good job, I fee like they could make some changes to make it a little more customizable and it could be great!

Avantages: The accounting is the most robust I have found and do like most of those features.

Inconvénients: I am still unable to text all my tenants at once for emergency situations, this has been requested for years now by hundreds of managers along with myself and its obvious that Appfolio does not listen to most requests no matter how many people have asked for it. I also do not like that I cannot use an outside screening source and the very high cost to screen through appfolio. I also do not like the high cost of a website.

• Publié le 14/07/2020
Marna M.
Broker
  • Publié le 04/07/2020

"Moved from desk top to online Appfolio"

Commentaires: My business was desk top based before Appfolio. I had no idea that we were in the dark ages and since we have upgraded to Appfolio the business much more efficient in comparison. Our owner client base has increased in the past year. The website is user friend to navigate, applying is simple, great layout and appearance. I feel fortunate be with Appfolio since most of us do not see each other and the office is close to the public but we are still able to work efficiently even from home. Best decision I ever made for my brokerage.

Avantages: The program is intuitive. If you think through the process of how something should work...that is Appfolio in a nutshell. The programming and processes just make sense. The interface is user friendly and I am very fortunate to have found this program and would highly recommend this online software. It's increased our reach in advertising rentals, streamline our communication with owners and tenants, higher efficency in processing work orders and simplified our bookkeeping.

Inconvénients: I do not have a background in bookkeeping so there are areas that mistify me such as clearing accounts, what constitutes a debit or credit in some areas of the program since a negative symbol is not always a debit in the system. I've only been doing this for 1.5 years but I'm learning. I've hired an additional company who is proficient in Appfolio to assist me since I am still in the learning curve.

• Publié le 04/07/2020
Sherry K.
Accounting Supervisor

"Appfolio Review"

Commentaires: I love Appfolio and how they always are trying to improve the software!

Avantages: Easy navigation throughout each piece. The leasing and accounting flows easily to the reporting. All of the pieces link very nicely.

Inconvénients: The balance sheet sums all of the bank accounts into operating cash and escrow cash. It makes it hard to see individual bank account balances on the balance sheet. The late fee program is very laborious when dealing with 2000+ units and residents. The minimum fee bills on a unit even if you didn't collect income. There is a lot of work to make sure we don't bill when the unit is vacant.

Bethany R.
Co-Owner/Broker/COO

"Flexible, Intuitive Software"

Commentaires: Overall, we love the software and appreciate that the product is constantly being improved.

Avantages: The features are easy to use, and offer many avenues for communicating with tenants, vendors, and staff. I appreciate how easy it is to keep track of information.

Inconvénients: We hoped to integrate a project management software in order to streamline our communications. The option was not available without doubling the amount we would pay for Appfolio, which is not in our budget. Most of the innovations lately seem to be regarding training/turnover. This is not something we need. We are a small staff that has little to no turnover. We would like more options for our current staff to be more supported and organized.

Carol H.
Principal, Controller
  • Publié le 29/06/2020

"A must for property managment"

Commentaires: Great

Avantages: Saves time, is accurate, superb tracking cash, tenants, owners

Inconvénients: The cash reports such as balance sheet and income statement are not laid out well. The last companywe used, Yardi, had that well done.

Shawn C.

"Would recommend AppFolio"

Commentaires: Automated reporting, and records management for property managers is efficient and works well.

Avantages: Easy to use and understand at the site level in most respects. Reporting to various owners is automated. Includes free on line payments for our residents.

Inconvénients: The marketing of vacant units to various advertisers was a real plus but this has gone downhill since we originally adopted use of AppFolio.

Tj W.
  • Publié le 29/06/2020

"Great Product but support has changed"

Commentaires: Most items have been great. The software meets most of our needs. The UI is great. The leasing call center was a disappointment on the time it took for our callers to get someone. So we had to move away from that service. Tech support was great for many years. I'm not sure if things have changed or staff is short but it takes longer and longer or no response at all when I put in a support request. When I started in 2010 it was almost instant service and or someone called and walk us through the problem we were having. Now its basically email-only tech support which is the same information that I can get from the help and training section and or no call or no email. I'm not sure what has happened over the last few years.

Avantages: ease of use, good ui, handles most of our issues in property management.

Inconvénients: Suppressed fees and or items paid directly to the property management company first go to the property and creates extra work to correct each month. For instance application fees. The fees are paid to the property then repaid to the management company. Then if you have a reason to refund that fee it creates a diagnostic issue to refund back. Its just extra work that is not needed. If the fees were able to be paid directly to the management company and bypass the property all together it wouldn't make much difference.

Marianne H.

"Streamlined Accounting"

Commentaires: Appfolio has streamlined Accounts Receivable. The lookup function is great, the ability to text is fantastic. Communicating with tenants is much easier.

Avantages: Flexibility and ease of use. It allows you to delete transactions and edit them. Great training videos and articles. Enhancements and updates are made regularly.

Inconvénients: Inability to assign due dates on manual invoices and an easier override of monthly late charges, making the latter process quite laborious. My only other criticism is applying credits in the diagnostics panel. It should populate the fields and then let you edit. Instead you have to enter everything line by line.

Corinne S.
Managing Member Code Management
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 17/03/2020

"Only one complaint"

Commentaires: I love the software, I hate how much it cost me. Please adjust for the small end user

Avantages: Easse of use and how everything is tied in from advertising the unit to renting it, leasing and collecting the rent then finally moving them out :)

Inconvénients: Cost, I think it is too expensive. I do not understand why when you have more and more users my bill keeps going up. for God's sake scottie send this small business owner a line..we are drowning in the cost but can't compete without the software....so I pay..

• Publié le 17/03/2020
Drew S.
Assistant Operations Manager
  • Publié le 20/12/2019

"Amazing Property Manager for Small-to-Medium Companies"

Commentaires: The biggest issue my company had was advertising vacancies. We were relying on walk-in tenants, which has not been a good source for 5-10 years. AppFolio is one-click to post to multiple free websites and syncs with Apartments.com if your company goes that route. Ease of use and great training/help files will keep us with them for years to come.

Avantages: First and foremost, the value of the product. You get everything you need for cheaper than most of the other products out there. For my company, we transitioned from Buildium to AppFolio and instantly reaped the rewards. AppFolio provided us with an inexpensive company website, a quick and easy tool to post our vacancies to multiple websites, and great assistance during set-up.

Inconvénients: I know some of the more expensive options offer more competitive pricing tools and a little more automation. Also, AppFolio had a few issues (like maintenance personnel not being able to see pictures on work orders using their mobile devices) that took AppFolio a while to start addressing.

envoyé par AppFolio le 30/12/2019

Dear Drew, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy that your transition to AppFolio was a good one and that you are already reaping the benefit!

• Publié le 20/12/2019
Sarah D.
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 17/12/2019

"Appfolio makes our business run smoothly!"

Commentaires: Appfolio adds so much value to the services we provide to our HOA clients. We wouldn't want to do business without it.

Avantages: Appfolio is so easy to use, both for us as managers and for homeowners using the portal. Appfolio has spent a great deal of time figuring out which features are the most beneficial and perfecting those features.

Inconvénients: There are a few very minor technical things but I am sure they will get fixed as Appfolio is constantly making improvements.

envoyé par AppFolio le 30/12/2019

Thanks, Sarah! We're so glad you are finding AppFolio easy to use with your HOA portfolio and look forward to continuing to partner with you!

• Publié le 17/12/2019
Jon G.
Realtor - Property Manager
  • Publié le 10/12/2019

"Powerful - Easy to Use and Learn"

Commentaires: AppFolio has been able to streamline and give so much more efficiency for day to day operations that we're able to scale our business at a much more dramatic pace.

Avantages: The all encompassing ability to power a website to sophisticated accounting, maintenance controls, tenant/owner communications is all at your fingertips anywhere with a mobile device or computer.

Inconvénients: If you're not a seasoned bookkeeper and you're managing somewhat sophisticated accounting of properties, you can dig yourself a hole real quick.

envoyé par AppFolio le 30/12/2019

Hi Jon, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know transitions to any new software solution can be tough and we're glad you chose AppFolio to streamline your business!

• Publié le 10/12/2019
Cj A.
Accountant
  • Publié le 11/12/2019

"Very Nice Property Management Solution"

Commentaires: I have used Appfolio as a maintenance technician, property manager and now accountant for the whole portfolio and I have had a pretty easy time with it every step of the way. I would recommend to at least give it a try before selecting another software.

Avantages: Easy to use for users of all skill and job levels. Makes tracking Receivables and Payables very simple. Constantly being updated and enhanced with new features at no new cost (some do cost but the majority are free updates) Customer support is always quick to help and respond. I feel like I get the same support agent 95% of the time, which makes it feel comfortable and like a working relationship rather than some random customer support person every time.

Inconvénients: Some of the editing and finer tuning options are lacking. (Example: not being able to rearrange line items on a bill or journal entry. You can only delete or add new to the bottom, no editing between without having to manually redo everything from the edit down.)

envoyé par AppFolio le 30/12/2019

Thanks, CJ. We appreciate you leaving us a review. We are constantly listening to your feedback to inform our product and we'll be sure to forward your feedback to our Product Team! It's great to hear that you are using AppFolio in all areas of your business.

• Publié le 11/12/2019
Doug H.
Owner/Manager
  • Publié le 10/10/2019

"From Doug Hancock HALO Manager's Corp 1450 units under management"

Avantages: Ease of use, quick search, archived records, online payments, ability to scan files into clients portal, pay bills online. We basically did a 15-20 year upgrade . They said when we bought the software it would be like adding an extra employee to our office and after a years use, I would agree. The data entry alone for our bill payments was a two to three day job with our old software, now just a few hours to pay 300-400 invoices a month.

Inconvénients: The biggest frustration that I have with the software program is during the transition from when a tenant gives notice to move out and getting a new tenant into that same unit. For whatever reason, when a tenant gives notice and we put that information into the system and click the notice prompt and give the date of their move out (usually 30 days). That unit is going to be vacant and we begin to market for a new tenant, however, when we find a new tenant and we want to put the new tenant name and the deposit money into the system under that unit, we are UNABLE to put a pending tenant into the system until there is a complete move out. We need to get that money in the bank and a new pending tenant into our upcoming move ins. Usually the way we have done it is to manipulate the move out dates and then put the charges in later when the real move out occurres They must be a way to put PENDING tenants into to a future vacant unit in an easier way. We love the software, but because we have 30-50 move outs and move ins each month, it is very frustrating that when a tenant gives notice, the program should then allow pending tenant information to be entered to that future vacant unit and right now we can't.

envoyé par AppFolio le 30/12/2019

Dear Doug, we appreciate your review. If you are trying to move in a new tenant while there is an existing tenant in the unit, just make sure that the dates do not overlap and you will be able to perform this action!

• Publié le 10/10/2019
Jessica R.
Operations Manager
  • Publié le 19/11/2019

"Sketchy at first, but FELL IN LOVE!"

Commentaires: We have really grown to love Appfolio. It just simplifies life in the office and makes our job easier and allows us to be more efficient for our tenants.

Avantages: This software can literally do everything. It is a one stop shop. I got rid of 7 different (paid) programs and now have JUST Appfolio- which does the work of all of them.

Inconvénients: There is nothing I dislike about the software except that they are still growing thus the functionality is still growing. I strongly disliked the "car salesman" pitch of the sales team. They promised a lot of things that the software couldn't deliver at first; however, we learned to get around it and in some cases, the functionality was built out (during our first year with them)and that feature is now available.

envoyé par AppFolio le 30/12/2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jessica. We're glad to hear that you've grown to love AppFolio!

• Publié le 19/11/2019
Deana T.
VP

"Reports & Move-outs"

Commentaires: I love it!! I just have a few request to make it perfect :)

Avantages: The ease of applications and lease signing! I also like some parts of the reports.

Inconvénients: The Unit Avail. doesn't show the name of the existing resident or the future one, so I have to transfer it to excel and add that for every property every 2 weeks.
I'm always concerned about notices being put in correct.
I can't print a report to show signed lease renewals by month.

envoyé par AppFolio le 05/12/2019

Hi Deana, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and we are constantly striving to delight our customers through software improvements. Please continue to share your feedback with us!

Angela G.
Operations Manager
  • Publié le 15/11/2019

"AppFolio is Very Good Property Management Software"

Commentaires: Overall I am happy with AppFolio and like that I can keep necessary information in one place. I also know it is helping us keep our accounting more accurate and although the process can be difficult, I know it's a good thing. I am encouraged that their customer service has improved a lot and I'm hopeful it continues. I feel like I matter as a customer and that's important. Now that we have been using this software daily for 2+ years I don't know how we'd live without it or something similar.

Avantages: As a property management company, it keeps everything in one place. I'm able to track and store almost all necessary information. I also like that AppFolio continually works on improving their software, regularly implementing new helpful features.

Inconvénients: In the beginning, the customer service went downhill really fast, such as sometimes taking a week to get back to me and then having someone that didn't know what they were doing or how to fix our problem. I was very unhappy and thinking we had made a mistake in purchasing, but I can tell in the last year especially they have really worked on improving their customer service with quicker turnaround and better-trained staff helping. I almost always have a positive experience now. There are still some features that we really need for rental management that I'm hopeful are added soon.

envoyé par AppFolio le 05/12/2019

Thanks for the review, Angela! We are committed to providing you with the support needed to run your business. Please don't hesitate to reach out!

Denise D.
CFO
  • Publié le 06/11/2019

"Always evolving"

Commentaires: We have been with Appfolio for 9 years - and during that time there has been significant improvements in the system. Our company is a heavy user and utilize as much of the functionality of the system that we can - and as such we are frequently asked to provide feedback to the development team when they are considering options. We are committed to our relationship with Appfolio, however, due to API restrictions, if we have much more growth we may need to consider alternative solutions.

Avantages: The software is intuitive, user friendly and a stable platform. They a continually developing additional functionality and release updates regularly. The customer forum is great - you can collaborate with other users, seek our solutions and make recommendations that development will consider for future releases.

Inconvénients: It does not have an open API and they are unwilling to consider this for clients. While they are routinely pushing out enhancements and are developing additional functionality, and they say the functionality is based on client feedback - it seems like development resources are not focused on this things that clients really 'need'.

envoyé par AppFolio le 30/12/2019

Thanks for partnering with us over the last 9 years. Denise! We look forward to partnering for the years to come!

• Publié le 06/11/2019
Vanessa H.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 30/10/2019

"Promas to Appfolio - The Great Journey"

Commentaires: As I said, onboarding was difficult. That was mainly due to how our dated was stored on our end and turnover we experienced during the transition. The service is amazing, and I can't imagine not having Appfolio.

Avantages: Switching from Promas to Appfolio would be like switching from mailing a letter to emailing a letter. The service is faster, more reliable, easier to do, takes less time, is more efficient. My list could go on and on. The main features that caught our eye were the ability to accept rent payments online for seamless accounts receivable from tenants, and online maintenance requests. For so long, we would take maintenance requests by phone or email. It was unreliable at best. Having this online feature gives us a smooth workflow from work order submission to mailing a check for work completed. Truly, Appfolio has saved our office countless hours! Oh and the customer service is awesome! I love how quickly we get responses with actual answers to our questions that solve our problems!

Inconvénients: The onboarding was very tedious. Our Promas software was housed on an internal server at our office. That is the primary reason our transition was not that smooth to start off. Overall, we don't have many complaints. Of course, we all want cheaper software, but you get what you pay for. There are a few tweaks we have requested that Appfolio has implemented, and they continuously have updates and new features. It's really exciting! I do wish our owners could see live feed of their account balances in their portal and run their own reports as they wish.

envoyé par AppFolio le 30/12/2019

Thanks for the review. We know the transition to any new software can be tough and we're happy that you found our service to be helpful during that transition.

• Publié le 30/10/2019
Vivian M.
Operation Manager
  • Publié le 15/10/2019

"They know property management!"

Commentaires: This program allows us to do more work without having to add more personnel which helps the bottom line for sure.

Avantages: It was very easy to set up the implementation team was very helpful. The user friendliness of using it every day is the best with it super search feature.

Inconvénients: There are a few work arounds that we have to do for our maintenance team but we know with the new features they keep adding all the time it will only be time before they will make an improvement that will help with this work around like all the other ones that we used to have to do.

• Publié le 15/10/2019