15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

En savoir plus sur Surpass

Une suite d'applications qui automatise en douceur toutes les fonctions quotidiennes des bibliothèques et des centres multimédias.

En savoir plus sur Surpass

I appreciate the customer service and tech support.

Very disappointing and looking to change programs.

Surpass - Notes

4,9

Surpass a reçu une note globale de 4,8 étoiles sur 5 d'après 106 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Surpass ?

Marsha
Marsha
Library Administrator (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

Great Product! Excellent Customer Service!

Commentaires : Highly recommend for a small congregational library like ours.

Customer Service very helpful initially to catalog our library of 2000 books. After closing for 2 years, computer was dead and I thought I lost my entire library! With the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in CS we are open and back on track! Everything was backed up. Highly recommend paying the yearly fee.

So many features! Can be difficult to learn initially.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for your review! We're happy that we were able to help recover your cataloging and patron data! You might want to consider migrating to Surpass Cloud so you and your patrons can access your library from any device and not worry about maintaining computer hardware.

Angie
Media Specialist (É.-U.)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 51–200 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Surpass service is very good!

Commentaires : So far since we have gone to the cloud based version, they are improving performance when we ask for changes. Most requests are met in a fairly short period of time. Tech support is very helpful.

Lots of reports available for circulation, materials and patrons available. Like the option of being able to create customized reports

Wish we could print patron info and resource lists like the previous version. Being able to make changes across multiple resources at one time would be more helpful. The cloud based version runs slowly a lot of the time. Reaction time when scanning in many items can be slow. We have to be very careful checking in multiple items because it takes a little while for each one to show up on the log.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for your review, Angie! We're happy that you're happy with Surpass -- especially with service and support. Surpass Cloud is always evolving and improving thanks to the feedback and ideas from the folks who use it every day. Please don't be shy about letting us know your ideas or where you find shortcomings. We have addressed some performance issues recently, so you should see faster responses.

Edward
Board of Directors (É.-U.)
Organisme social ou civique, 501–1 000 employés

AFGS chooses Surpass

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Surpass worked with us for over 4 months while we organized our library holdings we have accumulated over 40 years. They answered numerous questions and when we were ready they uploaded over 17000 items into our new catalog. After the initial upload they helped make changes to our setup so we and especially our patrons would gain mazximum benefit. Their help was always timely and with the utmost professionalism.

The ability to organize our holdings into different categories of our own choosing. As a research organization is is important that our patrons can narrow their search for a specific book or record and surpass does a wonderful job in meeting this goal.

I initially wanted to be able to search and see several items on the screen at one time. The Large, Medium and Small icon capability for the patrons choosing was not what we wanted but Surpass found a way to set the "samll" icon as a default. We also want to see the items summary along with the title and author when scrolling through a list of books or microfilms. We are not sure this can be accomplished at this time.

le mois dernier

Hi Edward, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with Surpass. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback! I'm glad to hear that you were happy with the onboarding process and that our team has been able to successfully aid you in getting started. Viewing the summary with the title and author can be done at this time if the list is in standard list size (as opposed to compact). We will explore the idea of adding that summary option to the compact list as well though! Excited to continue working with you!

Jill
Teacher Librarian (É.-U.)
Bibliothèques, 201–500 employés

Proceed with Caution

I like the bright colors on the catalog. I also like that you can catalog books by just typing in the title and author.

The follow-up by the Help Desk is pretty much non-existent. The chat feature does not work so if you put in a ticket, you have to log in again to see if your question has been answered. I was hoping it would send me an email. It is also very slow when checking in books.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Jill. Our support is one of the things people like best about Surpass, so I'm disappointed and concerned that we didn't live up to your or our own expectations. We would like to find out why chat wasn't working for you and why you didn't receive email updates on your support ticket. Perhaps we don't have your correct email address or our email went to your spam folder. Please reach out to us. We want to make sure you have a great experience with Surpass.

Ana
Learning Community Coordinator (É.-U.)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 11–50 employés

Creation Village World School

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Training was easy conducted by a knowledgeable team. In addition, support there are lots of resources on YouTube with step-by-step short tutorials. Very helpful. Technicians are available online and you have a response in matter of minutes. They make it easy for you.
I highly recommend Surpass Software!

Surpass program itself is very good, modern, complex and easy to use. Covers all areas of a school library, easy to access, to use and self-explanatory. Truely I cannot say enough good things about Surpass program. Also Surpass software comes with a price tag that small private schools can afford.

I really cannot think of anything negative about it.

il y a 3 mois

Hi Ana, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that your start-up process went smoothly and that you found our tutorials helpful! We're continually striving to make this process as easy as possible, so we are thrilled to hear about your experience!

Elizabeth
Church librarian (É.-U.)

Small libraries beware

Commentaires : Being able to inventory quickly and easily is important for volunteers. Having an attractive and easy to use online catalog is also very important. Surpass allows this at an attractive price, unless you have over 10,000 items. Then you are stuck, unable to add more or export to another system.

The OPAC interface is attractive. I especially like the ability to add an image of a book cover so easily. Being able to email over dues is very nice.

I like least the capping at 10,000 items when it was unlimited before. This is a real hardship for small church libraries that spent so much time and effort at comprehensive cataloging and now are told they can not export their own records! The next tier allows export and a huge increase of capacity, but the price is too high for most small churches to pay. The donor report function was removed with this version, and has been promised to be returned, but I have been waiting at least a year already. Copycat allowed more varied choices when cataloging, although this new version is probably easier for a non-librarian to catalog. I have so many rare and uncommon items that I end up doing the complete cataloging myself.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you're enjoying using Surpass Cloud and from the comments you have left for us in your service surveys, I can see that you also find our support excellent. I'm very happy to hear that! Your circumstances in migrating from Surpass CL for Windows to Surpass Cloud Congregational is a bit unusual in that your library has such a large collection and is near the limits of the lower-cost Congregational plan. Surpass Cloud Congregational is our entry level plan, designed and priced to meet the needs of most congregational libraries. I can understand how you were disappointed that you needed to upgrade to a full-featured Surpass Cloud plan to accommodate expansion of your collection, but I hope you will enjoy the other added features and benefits. Thank you again, Danny Humphress President

Jean
Princeton Windrows resident librarian (É.-U.)
Services d'information, 51–200 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Surpass was our choice for our community

Commentaires : We chose Surpass to automate our community library and are working with a volunteer committee. The support staff has been a consistent valuable help in getting us set up.

we like the ability to customize the various modules for our community.

the depth of the software requires time to learn the many features. This is also an asset but takes time for a volunteer organization to master the software.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It makes us happy that you're happy!

Peter
Bibliothèques, 11–50 employés

The Perfect System for a Smaller, Special Library

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : It has been a great experience. Surpass is able to meet our needs and they are open to suggestions for new ideas.

It is extremely customizable, user friendly, and has great support from Surpass staff.

My experience with Surpass has all been positive.

l’année dernière

We're honored that you chose Surpass from the many other options you had and delighted that your experience has been positive! Thank you!

Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar
Manager (Inde)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11–50 employés

"Surpass: Get Ready to Take Your Business to the Next Level!"

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : My overall experience with Surpass has been very positive. Surpass is a powerful tool that allows us to easily create and manage online tests and assessments. It has allowed us to dramatically reduce the amount of time and effort needed to design and deploy tests and assessments, while also providing us with detailed and insightful analytics.We are using Surpass to solve several different business problems. Firstly, it allows us to quickly create and deploy tests and assessments on a variety of topics, meaning that we can get feedback quickly and accurately. Secondly, it allows us to measure the effectiveness of our training and assessment programs by providing us with detailed analytics that can inform decisions and strategies. Lastly, it allows us to easily create and manage multiple versions of tests and assessments, making it easy to adjust and refine the content based on feedback.The benefits we have realized from using Surpass are numerous. It has allowed us to quickly and accurately create and deploy tests and assessments, saving us time and money. It also allows us to get detailed analytics on the performance of our programs, enabling us to pinpoint areas for improvement. Finally, it has allowed us to easily create and manage multiple versions of tests and assessments, enabling us to quickly adjust and refine the content.

Pros:• Surpass software is easy to use and intuitive.• It offers a wide range of features that are easily customizable and can be adapted to meet the needs of any business.• Integration with existing business processes is seamless and does not require any additional training or complicated setup instructions.• The software provides advanced security measures to protect data and user information.• The software offers automated reporting and analytics capabilities that can be used to gain insights into business performance.• It offers a comprehensive suite of customer relationship management tools that help businesses to better manage customer relationships.• The software has a comprehensive library of templates and tools to help businesses create professional-looking reports and documents.

One of the main cons of Surpass software is the lack of customization options. While the software is designed to be intuitive and easy to use, users may find that they are limited in the ability to customize their experience. Additionally, the software may not integrate well with existing business processes, making it difficult to use in certain scenarios. Furthermore, the software can be quite expensive, which may not be feasible for all businesses.

il y a 4 mois

Thanks for the review, Devendra, but I think you might be thinking of a different product. Our products are designed for library management. Perhaps, though, you are using it for managing tests and assessments. In any case, I'm glad you're happy with your software, whether it's ours or something else! :-)

Linda
Volunteer Librarian (É.-U.)

Surpass Support Staff

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : When you are a 'one person shop' it is good to know that you have the support staff to do just that - support you. In my first library life, I mostly did legal research. So the world of cataloging was overwhelming to start. But the support group always knows how to help migrate to the Cloud, resize labels, put the OPAC on our website, change default settings and fix glitches in copy cataloging. No question has ever been too small.

I have especially enjoyed creating nested Explore buttons for our unique online catalog.

Sometimes the online instructions for working in the Cloud can be a bit confusing, but the support staff is always there to walk you through them.

il y a 3 mois

Hi Linda, Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We're so glad to hear that you have enjoyed working with our support team and that you are comfortable coming to us with your questions. You're absolutely correct... no question is too small! If there are any sections of the Cloud instructions that you think need clarification, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always happy to refine our documentation as needed and would be grateful for your input.

Rachelle
Bibliothèques, 51–200 employés

Surpass has amazing support

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall, I am very happy with Surpass. It's flexible and allows our school to enter the data into the system the way that works best for us.

The Surpass system is super easy to work with and learn. I'm not savvy with computers but the Surpass system is easy to navigate. Whenever I do need a helping hand, the support team is available to help. No waiting around for a call back or being put on hold. And the support team is super kind and easy to talk to. They understand what I am trying to ask, sometimes even when I don't. If there is a feature that would be nice to have, they are always making changes to fit the needs of the users. They truly do listen.

The hardest part to Surpass for me, is updating all the new students at the beginning of the school year. I wish it were easier. But the support team is always there to help me figure out any mistakes I've made and get it my information merged into the system.

l’année dernière

Thanks for your review! We're so happy that you're happy! :-) We have some new features for connecting Surpass Cloud to your school's student management system, making manual updating of adding new student records and updating existing records easy and automatic? Get in touch with us and we'll tell you all about it.

Pat
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 201–500 employés

Surpass for Retirement Centers

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Surpass was implemented with employees at a Retirement Village but the library volunteer residents have learned the parts of it they need to on a day to day basis quite easily. Since it's based on the Cloud it can be accessed anywhere at any time.

Surpass has many layers to it but can also be used very simply. The online and live chat help is critical for any database and the support is superb for Surpass.

Missing all the great features that are sometimes buried until you have a question and then Support helps you find the answers

il y a 11 mois

Thanks for the review, Pat! One of our goals in designing Surpass Cloud was to make it powerful yet unintimidating for new users, so we love hearing that you've noticed that! We're always happy to help you find and learn how to use those more advanced features. 🙂

Dee
Tech Coordinator (É.-U.)

Surpass 2022-2023

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : It was a great year with them.

Ease of use and excellent customer support!!

I have one need that they don't do at this time...but maybe in the future!!! They try to work hard to meet the customers needs!!

il y a 11 mois

Thanks for your review, Dee! We're all about easy of use and excellent customer support! Looking forward to more great years with you and Surpass!

Liisa
Enseignement supérieur, 11–50 employés

Surpass Easy to Use

Surpass software is easy to use to do the tasks required for cataloging, circulation, fee collection, getting reports, etc.

At times our simple search results have been strange, but with the recent fix of some broken links, it is working much better.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Surpass, Liisa! We're so happy that it's working well for you in your library. We're always here to help!

Delana
Admin Assistant in Children's Ministry (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

Their Tech Help is THE best!

Commentaires : We use this for our kids library inventory/check out and it's a pretty basic need met by the software.

We are a church who uses this for our Children's Ministry library. Since Covid, are activity has been changed, and we are preparing to roll out library cards and advertise to the church families. I was experiencing technical difficulties and called, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was terrific to work with, explaining as necessary in a way that was perfect for my non-technical mind. Just terrific customer service, and awareness of keeping it the right level with someone not adept at speaking in technical terms. It was an easy fix for him, but left me feeling confident it was fixed and I will easily call again if other things arise.

Honestly - we haven't used it very often so, so I'm not aware of any reason I would rank "least" desirable. It works, it's easy, and if there's an issue there are knowledgeable people to help.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for your review, Delana! We think our support folks are "THE best," too! We're happy to hear that you agree!

Richard
Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

A request above and beyond ...

Commentaires : Very helpful.

I asked [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] if he could produce a report listing all those call numbers which I had miscatalogued. After I explained to him what I had done, he immediately drew upon his knowledge of the software to suggest various approaches and we achieved my desired goal.

Not too much yet. I don't know what else to write because I keep coming back to this box when I hit submit.

Terri
Technology Director (É.-U.)

Awesome

Ease of use and transferring data from old system.

So far all is great. We are using it at 2 of our 3 schools so far.. plans to upgrade our 3rd school soon.

il y a 2 ans

Welcome to the Surpass Family, Terri! We're happy that "all is great" with your new Surpass Cloud system and are planning to expand to a third school. We're here for you!

Pamela
Resource Advisor (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 51–200 employés

Surpass has never let us down. We enjoy having chosen Surpass years ago.

Commentaires : This program brought our library into the 20th/21st Centuries. Before Surpass, we used a crude, cumbersome program.

It works. It is always "up" and only when operator error occurs or staff with steep learning curves do we need assistance.

Mary
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11–50 employés

Support Back up

Commentaires : I was not able to back up to the cloud so I sent an email to Support. I received an answer on how to correct the issue with great instructions and within a few hours! Great service!

The database and barcodes

Consuella
Dean of Academics (É.-U.)

Surpass Meets the Mark

Commentaires : Surpass has a cadre of professional who ensure you have the products and services you need along with support when you need it.

Surpass is an incredible software that is easy to use. The setup makes the organization and tracking of materials very easy to do. In addition, the customer service is amazing. When you have an issue, they do not give up until there is a solution you are satisfied with.

If you do not have the cloud package, set-up can be challenging, but it was worth the wait and again, the customer support team works with you every step of the way.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for your review, Consuella! We're delighted that you're pleased with Surpass and with our service!

Josh
Deacon (É.-U.)

Great software

Commentaires : Support is the best! And it does what its supposed to, and very well. Our church library has been run off of this software for many years now. Highly recommended!

Great support. Simple, straightforward functionality.

If something does go wrong, the error messages are sometimes not very helpful.

Robin
Media Specialist (É.-U.)
Bibliothèques, 51–200 employés

Excellent Customer Support

Commentaires : Great!

I found the transition from the former edition of Surpass to the cloud-based version to be very smooth.

As an administrator. I would appreciate help pop-ups or something like that. All I had to do was visit "Settings" and "make visible," to fix my problem. The pop-up was "you must choose at least one category," and only the heading "Category" appeared. The pop-up could have suggested this, " Try "Settings," "Categories," then edit to "Make Visible." Just a suggestion. :)

Robert
Librarian

Great Choice

Commentaires : We switched several years ago from an archaic and arcane DOS-based nightmare of a system (a castoff system from a well-known library supply company). Surpass is easy to use and has many features any librarian would seek in a system. Quick Cataloging (free in Central) covers 90%+ of cataloging needs, and CopyCat covers the rest and is worth the small cost. The online catalog search system (Safari) is wonderful, easily customized, and for a little over $100 a year you can get the Surpass Selections, which gives you cover images, reviews and more. There is cost involved (like any system), but the cost is consistent with industry standards, and you get a lot for the money. What I find the best about the company, though, is its support. They are very quick and responsive, and best of all listen to the customers when upgrading the system, incorporating requested features. It's when things aren't going perfectly that a company's true nature is shown, and Surpass is tops in service!

Judy
Art Librarian
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Problem solved in a flash!

Commentaires : This is an excellent product that does everything it claims to. The support team is the best I've ever seen for any computer product--and I've been in this field for over 30 years.

At about 11:45 today I emailed a support question concerning a problem with temporary barcodes. About 10 minutes later I received an email from an agent that clearly described to me how to fix the problem. I followed his instruction and my system is now working perfectly. I am amazed at how fast Surpass is at handling customer issues. Keep up the great work!

No downside to Surpass.

wendy
District Librarian

Busy librarian!

Commentaires : I manage five libraries in our school district. Of all the vendors that I have come in contact with, Surpass has THE BEST support team. Issues are addressed quickly. In addition, Surpass LISTENS to librarians who have new ideas and suggestions for improvements.

Currently, we are hosted which provides a secure place for our records and scheduled maintenance. The only problem with being hosted is on our district end. We have problems maintaining our connection to the hosted site when internet traffic is heavy.
Overall, I would highly recommend Surpass!