Powerful system

Publié le 26/03/2019
Clinton C.
Research Associate
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I enjoy the STARLIMS experience. The software is a powerful system that can run any laboratory in the world.

Avantages: What I like about this software is the ability to track the chain of custody, data integrations, sample management, and the ability to integrate any instrument or module a user seems fit.

Inconvénients: STARLIMS certainly has a learning curve to it. However, what I like least about the software is that some of the out of the box functions are not very user friendly. I feel that a LIMS system needs to be dummy proof. Should be a step by step process that leads you to the finish line. I have ran into an out of the box function that needs a user guided step by step process.

Very pleased to have this system

Publié le 24/02/2017
Alexander C.
CIO
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As CIO at the National Newborn Screening in Costa Rica, I can assure that Starlims Software is a really good system for labs, we've been using it since 2012 and so far it has been a perfect tool for our day by day activities, the samples process is more efficient and secure since we are using it.

Avantages: You can change it as you need, its secure and complex

Inconvénients: sometimes the performance could be affected by some processes.

Starlims positioned to be a long term operational solution.

Publié le 30/06/2015
Irene L.
Principal Engineer
Support client

Commentaires: StarLIMS is a key product in our operations. System is used to capture day-to-day lab activities generated and completed, in addition to provide information to and capture tasks, data from a number of other systems within organization. The product used as an order, workflow, inventory management tool.
The product offers a bit of a learning curve and detailed analysis required every time new functionality is deployed. That said our lab users found StarLIMS an incredible improvement over the application we used previously. In addition, StarLIMS offers consistency around UI and behavior. Due to customizable nature of the system we were able to fine tune schema and workflows in-use today to the needs of our users.
We are grateful to StarLIMS for staffing our project with people like Marcial Pereira and Julio Duharte. Both are incredible, reliable professionals.

I have seen much improvement over the years.

Publié le 25/06/2015
Cindy H.
Administrative Officer III
Support client

Commentaires: I love the fact that everything related to a case can be stored together digitally. As of now, the Maryland State Police is continuing to mostly use the system for evidence tracking. We are slowly branching out to incorporate the analysis and report modules. The one thing that I think needs to be changed significantly is the inventory module. I have expressed concerns with this to Starlims personnel and I believe they have taken my idea into consideration. I think that it should be based on who has custody of evidence rather than the location that has been chosen. If an item of evidence is not assigned a storage location it will never get picked up during the inventory, thus leaving our Dept. vulnerable for misappropriation. Often times I painstakingly verify the location of evidence by using the examiner's "my work assignments" application.

Update Software V9 to V10

Harry P.
Service Management Support & Lims Admin by PRASA
Support client

Commentaires: Excelent response by Fernando Kume and Marielyz. The new system is very easy and fast engine. The new process about package (import and export) to repair forms, process or formulas is great!!! The users (35 concurrent) are happy with the new system. Thanks

User Friendly data management software

Carlos T.
LIMS Administrator
Support client

Commentaires: The system is a very useful software for our site. We have many module integrated with plan process. We can retrieve data, evaluated and take decision using the system in real time. Instrument integration is very easy to configure.

It is a very complete system. It allows you to have all the information organized in the laboratory

Fernando M.
Chief of chemical laboratory
Support client

Commentaires: I am very satisfied with the quality of people and attention when we are provided with technical support. STARLIMS staff is always ready to help and solve all problems that occur daily.

Goos Software. Easy to use and to program

Pablo V.
Product System Analyst
Support client

Commentaires: We are using this product since 2008. No issues with the installation and since them few problems. All were solved quick and with good results

Lab system

Publié le 04/12/2018
Florencia R.
Initiation clinical site manager
Produits pharmaceutiques, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The instrument interface is the best part, really useful. I can use for any kind of instrument

Avantages: The Management of the system. Everyone can use it, no problem at all.

Inconvénients: I think that the software have no cons.