Best e-Mail archiving solution I've used.

Publié le 22/11/2017
Josh F.
I.T. Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We used to allow the use of large local archive files but since we moved to a centralized archival tool, we've eliminated these files and have decreased the amount of information stored on our Exchange server to boot. Great product.

Avantages: Implementation was pretty simple and support is very helpful. The product sits in the background and receives a copy of the data that I need it to and just works. Full search and sort options make it easy to find messages. My users can even access the software to find their messages as they need to without bothering me.

Inconvénients: Earlier versions were a little clunky and email retrieval was slow but the product really gets better with every revision. Current version seems to have removed those issues.

Disappointing, not for organizations with a lot of users/mail

Publié le 28/02/2018
James T.
Vice President
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Having had such a great experience with GFI Faxmaker it was a logical step to try their Mail Archiver product. Unfortunately it didn't deliver. It's priced very aggressively (or was at the time) but the old adage comes to mind "you get what you pay for". This product might be a great fit for the 5-50 user size Exchange shop but for us it didn't meet the demand.

Inconvénients: We had 300 users and the archiver was essentially unusable on two levels: Mobile and Search. The mobile access was a waste of time (no app, a mobile-ready (barely) portal) and searching through your archive for mail took minutes to never (queries would just hang). To be fair, there were changes we could have made to the configuration, etc. but the first few months were so bad we moved on before we even attempted any remedies (the cost was low enough we could absorb it into our budget). When you have 300 angry users and not just a few here and there it becomes clear very quickly that the solution isn't meeting the need.

Amazing system for exchange

Publié le 05/05/2018
Andre F.
Director of IT
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 501-1 000 employés
Support client

Avantages: I have always used gfi for on premises exchange archiving of email messages. It works like a charm.

Inconvénients: The advanced search feature could be better. Sometimes I have to do three or four searches instead of just one.

Terrible support

Publié le 16/01/2018
Ge M.
Engineer
Services financiers, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: when it works it a good product. some good features and if it worked correctly would be a cost effective solution

Inconvénients: Support is the worst i have experienced in 15 years in IT. They just do not care about there customers. Then I did a new setup in a different company and as i imported old mailboxes i noticed that some emails where not being imported. no error messages to work on either. I had no option but to contact support. I tried my best to keep there support team focused on resolving this issue. I put over 100 hrs into resolving this issue myself to no avail. The ticket was opened in November and 2 months later i still have no resolution. Best advise i can give anyone is stay away. This is not the solution you are looking for.

It's a reasonable software.

Publié le 07/06/2019
Omotayo A.
Engineer
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 10 001+ employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I once archived an email accidentally and I searched so long for it before I downloaded this software and activated a free trial, which helped me to get my archived emails back. There were important emails in the archive that I did not even know about.

Avantages: I really like the fact that I could retrieve my lost emails using this software. There are times when I accidentally delete or archive an email. Getting an archived email back is somewhat difficult and with this software, that has been made easy. Nice one!

Inconvénients: The only problem I have with this software is that the interface is somewhat complex for such a simple action to be done. This is not particularly a problem as long as you can get used to the interface as often as you use it.