Avis clients sur SimplifyEm

4,1 /5
  • Service client
    4,3 /5

En savoir plus sur SimplifyEm

Logiciel de gestion immobilière pour les gestionnaires immobiliers, les propriétaires et les investisseurs immobiliers. La gestion immobilière devient un jeu d'enfant !

En savoir plus sur SimplifyEm

107 avis affichés

Lystra Y.
Property Manager/Real Estate Firm Owner
  • Publié le 10/11/2020

"New user of SimplifyEm"

Commentaires: As a long time Property Manager opening my own firm I was looking for an affordable Property Management software system that can grow with me, yet have all the functionality that I need now and later handle many properties as my business grows. I need user friendly for me and my owners and tenants. With good and understandable reports and statements for myself and my owners.

Avantages: Very easy to use...user friendly. Does everything I need. Not alot of extraneousness.

Inconvénients: It would be nice if the Security Deposits were not shown in the tenant balance. It needs to be a separate item when shown with the tenant info. Late fee needs to be able to be a fixed amount OR a % of the rent since leases allow for a % of rent amount.

• Publié le 10/11/2020
Karen J.
  • Publié le 25/08/2017

"SimplifyEm met all my property management needs"

Commentaires: As a vendor that offers free training and also support through the phone and via email, SimplifyEm support is very easy to contact. It has helped me get organized and automated right away to fit my specific needs.

Avantages: SimplifyEm has been the answer for managing my residential rental properties. Because it is a web-based application via the Internet, I can access it from anywhere, anytime.
As a property manager, I have automated tracking income and expenses on each of my properties, charging fees, handling tenant balances, collecting payments online, and communicating with tenants through tenant portals and notices. I no longer have to keep track of my information manually for each property and have saved time by automating statements, notices, and fees. I do not have to deal with piles of paper anymore, and I have eliminated spending time on repetitive activities.
When a tenant sends a maintenance request, I track work orders and repairs via the calendar so I know when to buy equipment, schedule my maintenance personnel, and see the history for each tenant/apartment. The task center has all of my information as a single place to track all communication history with vendors, owners, and tenants. I attach supporting documents. I create invoices, track deadlines, store lease agreements, monitor insurance, and capture tenant details all in one place. When I need to, I send group emails/notices for site visits, maintenance alerts, rent reminders, and any other news that needs to be shared with all tenants.

Inconvénients: SimplifyEm’s accounting module manages accounts payable and receivable and monitors any recurring charges along with a complete transaction history. I use QuickBooks for payroll and can easily export other transactions. I use the banking feature so I can print checks, access bank accounts, perform reconciliations, view bank balances. I had to adjust the margins.

• Publié le 25/08/2017
Tiana W.
    1,5 /5
    3,5 /5
  • Publié le 07/06/2016

"You get what you pay for"

Avantages: The price is phenomenal. If you are an owner with a few properties, this is ideal.

Inconvénients: No customization, very limited reporting, doesn't have bank reconciliation reports, extremely limited GL codes. Also, they will tell you their software supports functions, then try to walk you through a "work-around" to get it to do what you want. Not sufficient. If you get audited by the state (very common in WA), good luck with this software!! It's too simplified, limited functionality and not intuitive in the least. Once you get in and start using it, you can figure it out, but it just never feels smooth. Also, some things are too easy to enter, and therefore, too easy to mess up. Dog walked on my keyboard one day....... To say the accounting is robust, I think that's a misunderstanding of the definition of that word.

envoyé par Jessica le 15/06/2016

Hi Tiana, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our pricing and our excellent support team, but it looks like we fell short on meeting your expectations.

It appears there was a request to add a large amount of HOA units to your existing account (a one year old account with residential properties). We discussed that HOAs are something we are looking to better handle in the future, but do not optimize for. Based on our great pricing it was decided to try a test run with a few properties. After some one-on-one support and a custom setup by our team (at no additional cost) there was some additional functionality you were looking for and we promptly refunded the full upgrade cost. The subscription for your residential properties from before the upgrade we were not able to refund.

Many of the features and reports mentioned are available, including banking and audit reports. Support is easily accessible at 1 510 790 9066 for one-on-one help or to answer questions about the software and how to best use it. Our team also has monthly releases with features/reports requested by users. We are sad we were unable to meet your needs at this time and wish you the best in the future.

• Publié le 07/06/2016
Jennifer G.
Landlord
  • Publié le 14/10/2017

"SimplifyEm Simplified My Life"

Commentaires: I am an accidental owner of rental property, and SimplifyEm has truly made it easy.  The ability to easily track all of the information and being able to generate a tax report at the end of the year has taken the fear of failing a tax audit.  It has reduced my paperwork significantly, and there are fewer errors as SimplifyEm keeps track of every aspect of the management of our property.

Avantages: SimplifyEm allows property managers and landlords to keep track of a multitude of their responsibilities including work orders and repairs, rent/lease payments, lease documents, create invoices, track deadlines, and many more features.  SimplifyEm also allowed me to send emails, rent reminders, rent receipts, and notices.  SimplifyEm’s ease of use is one of its best features.  The interface makes it intuitive to use to even those like me who aren’t experts in technology.  The software seamlessly works with Excel and QuickBooks, so you can export to those programs easily if necessary.

Inconvénients: Initially, when I started using the software, I had to call support couple of times. They were quick in answering my questions or responding to me on weekends. I wish they would add phone support over the weekend as some of us like to catch on some work on weekends.  SimplifyEm has many features such as work orders that are not of value to a property owner like me. If there is a way to hide these features, it will make the application even more easy to use.

• Publié le 14/10/2017
Alan D.
Partner Relationship Manager
  • Publié le 21/09/2017

"Easily manage properties with no hassle"

Commentaires: The core benefit for me is the automation – Instead of having to do the same things over and over again on a monthly basis, SimplifyEm helps me do the things that I had to manually do before.

Avantages: The software minimize issues with the burdensome and time eating tedium of tracking income and expenses on every single one of my properties. One of the best things is being able to view the dashboard and be able to not just be a passive recipient of information but also being able to actively charges fees, keep up with the balances of tenants. I've found that communication with tenants is usually difficult when reaching out and keeping track of who did this, who needed extra time to pay, etc. With SE, I have been able to streamline a lot of it and minimize communication on my end and those who help me. Me and my team can pick up where the other has left off.

Inconvénients: Another major concern I had was being able to adapt to the software, we've had experiences in the past where it took months to adjust and I was even more confused after trying to use something that is supposed to help me out and MINIMIZE my time spent on this. The experience with SimplifyEm was much better, no issues in how to use the platform, it was much more intuitive. I was able to pick up the app and run with it. I wish the company adds even more FAQs as I had to call support few times.

• Publié le 21/09/2017
Logan C.
Office Coordinator
  • Publié le 07/01/2021

"Garbage!"

Commentaires: Honestly we regret paying for this software in advance I wish we would have tried it out for a month first then at least gotten out money back. When they did the onboarding, they did it incorrectly which then took a month to fix by myself. By the time the trial ended and we realized we didn't like it, they didn't return any of the money.

Avantages: It was online and could be accessed anywhere.

Inconvénients: The process of paying bills takes way too long. The tenant portals failed to link up with the software. You can't add any other income categories other than rent received and late fees.

• Publié le 07/01/2021
Stephen H.
Computer consultant
  • Publié le 31/07/2017

"Easy to use property management software"

Commentaires: If you aren’t tech savvy and want to save time each month, this software will help you a lot. I like it as it has made property management job easy.

Avantages: Simplifyem is a simple and straightforward property management software. Everything is categorized in sections so you’ll never get confused especially if you’re not tech savvy like myself. It’s easy to set everything up and doesn’t take long. There’s a bunch of reports and I love how they’re so easy to run. At the end of the month, I can quickly send out owner statements. I also send out rent receipts to all my tenants in bulk all at once just by a single button so I’m not doing them one by one like how I used to. My tenants also send maintenance requests through their portals which is really convenient because I can just create a work order and assign it to a vendor right away. Customer Service is great! They walked me through on setting up online payments. They even offered to set them up for me at no extra cost. My tenants now pay on time and some don’t need to login each month since they’re setup on automatic withdrawals. This really helps when paying my owners online as well.

Inconvénients: None, software works as expected and the functionality is easy to use which will be of a benefit to non tech savvy users

• Publié le 31/07/2017
Wendy M.
Property Owner
  • Publié le 24/10/2017

"A Huge Time Saver!"

Commentaires: This is the perfect app for someone who needs a place to track tenant information and leases while keeping a history of past tenants and what work orders and requests have been submitting while consolidating expenses. The tracking of all tenant communication in one place makes so easy to lookup information and avoid any miscommunication and legal issues.

Avantages: As a property owner, SimplifyEm has decreased my workload and saved time. I can easily see work orders and expenses at a glance while collecting payments and see all tenant communication in one place. I like how I can set up rent reminders to invoice my tenant every month automatically. This has helped get rent on time every month. SimplifyEm has freed up my time and streamlined my property management tasks into a manageable process so that I spend less time on managing property.

• Publié le 24/10/2017
  • Publié le 12/09/2019

"Great cloud Property Management Solution"

Commentaires: Because I paid for a lifetime membership at the lower tier, I can say that it suits my business needs just fine. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great solution to their PM business.

Avantages: What drew me to this software was the price to value ratio. I had been researching for some time how to get the best value for my money when using PM software for my PM business. I had been using other software in the past but they lacked the functions that this one offered. I have been using this software for more than 3 years now and have not looked back. It offers me to send owner's all kinds of reports, log expenses and income accurately and much more.

Inconvénients: I would say that the price for the higher tiers need to come down. There are some functions that the lower tiers would need that should be included in those tiers.

• Publié le 12/09/2019
Rich G.
Landlord
Immobilier commercial, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 13/09/2017

"Really, simply fantastic"

Commentaires: Need to write a check to a vendor? Click. Need to enter a check from a tenant Click. Need to generate a report combining rent, repairs and other factors so you can know where your profit and loss is? Click. Really it’s a fantastic software works for landlords like me.

Avantages: SimplifyEm is really, simply fantastic—for landlords like me, mostly because SimplifyEm makes the mundane automatic, and the difficult simple. There are many factors, every day, that I have to deal with, and SimplifyEm combines the all. Everything is connected. The system alerts you to a whole host of things, so you can see at a glance what tenants have paid, which are currently late for rent, which repair tasks are open, and various other factors.

Inconvénients: The software enables export to QuickBooks and transactions to a spreadsheet. In future, I hope it enables export of all reports to spreadsheets

• Publié le 13/09/2017
Tonya S.
Principal Broker/Owner
  • Publié le 16/03/2020

"Zero support & cheap with no VALUE"

Commentaires: The software is not as easy as your sales rep will tell you. There is zero flow to the software process which makes it very confusing. For instance, if you submit an owner draw and record the owner draw, the software "should" automatically prompt you to go to "online payment" to process the draw. If you are new to the software and miss that step, it still appears as if you submitted a complete owner draw since the draw will show in your bank statement and in the bank balance however the draw is incomplete but there is NO notification showing you differently. This is the process with almost all functions of the software. I'm looking for a new property management software.

Avantages: The sales pitch from our sales representative.

Inconvénients: Zero support/Inadequate support.
If you are lucky enough to receive a call back after two or more days, the customer support rep will ask you what you need and then they start telling what to do then have a nice day and they hang up.
The call is very rushed.
Not to mention they are on Pacific Standard Time, so if you are on Eastern Standard Time you have 5 hours for live support.
The time frame for online payments, to your company or owner, is at least 5 days and if there is a mistake, you can add an additional 5 days to your process.
You can write your property owner a check and send via mail and the payment will arrive quicker than processing through this software by our experience.

envoyé par SimplifyEm.com le 06/04/2020

Hi Tonya, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are known to be easiest to use and known for our customer support. Customers appreciate the customer support they receive from us as they know similar to your experience with another software company that SimplifyEm's customer support is a lot easier to reach. We have been providing outstanding customer service for the past fourteen years. We provide live phone support Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST and 24/7 email support. If you reach our voicemail, you'll get a call back within an hour the same day along with an email follow up. Online payments are one of our most popular features. It's faster and more convenient as writing a paper check and sending it through the mail will take longer. All online payments take two business days to process and deposit directly, no more trips to the bank. Last year, enhancements were made to where payments may be withdrawn the same day for express processing. Best, SimplifyEm Team

• Publié le 16/03/2020
Chantal M.
Immobilier commercial, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 11/04/2017

"I am on the fence about this software."

Avantages: It is easy enough to use expect for the part of managing leases for Ontario, Canada.
Easy set up of new properties, landlords and tenants.

Inconvénients: You need to get a 1-800 number so I can call at any time but because I am a Canadian client, I am not able to call the U.S with my phone plan. Emails don't always get conveyed properly.
Need to have a choice to the lease information whether you have a security deposit or last month's rent deposit. The latter is missing. This would make our process so much easier.
Need to have an auditing trail with your software so mistakes can easily be found.
I was once told that I had to pay for your bookkeeper to find an error I made...luckily I was able to find the problem and fix.
If a mistake was entered, you should be able to reverse it...your system does not always allow this.
Biggest con my clients and I have is that if a tenant is using last month's rent or is late paying their rent for a particular month, your owner statement should show their name at least, even if no $$ is present. This is a MUST and I hope you but this change in your next release.

envoyé par Jessica le 26/04/2017

Hi Chantal, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you found the software easy to setup and use. It looks like we could have done a better job meeting your needs as a Canadian user though.

Security deposits are currently supported for U.S. situations. Last month rent deposit can be tracked, but it could be handled more smoothly for the Canadian market. Owner Statements show the financials on an owner’s properties and a Rent Roll can also be sent with an overview of paid and unpaid tenant balances. An audit log is something we would like to do in the future, but any transaction can be reversed if incorrect. I will ensure the support team follows up with more information.

Users in both the U.S. and Canada are able to reach us at 1 510 790 9066 9-5 PST and speak a live person within a few rings. Emails are also responded to within a few hours in most cases. We have many Canadian users, but we also ensure to clarify we are geared towards the U.S. and will discuss limitations. Before purchasing, these limitations and your phone plan were discussed, and we offered to call when needed by simply emailing support. Over the past few months, a personal support member has promptly called within a few hours and has assisted with one-on-one setup for as much time as needed. We do our best to provide a support experience that is above and beyond what is typically offered and we appreciate your feedback on how we can further improve.

• Publié le 11/04/2017
Kimberly M.
Broker
  • Publié le 05/05/2020

"Does Most of What I want"

Commentaires: Their support division is fairly good. They are better at answering emails than the telephone.

Avantages: This program was good for multiple properties. Best for keeping expenses in a good place and running general reports. I like that the receipts for each expense can be loaded for easy access

Inconvénients: I wish they had a phone app to add things easier in the field. Also, I wish there were a few more reporting options like one with line items below the general category.

• Publié le 05/05/2020
Nathan B.
  • Publié le 27/08/2020

"Good Support. Bad Product"

Commentaires: We had a lot of trouble setting up the system and needed to contact support regularly. They were helpful, but it was still extra work to have to do that. I explained the difficulty I had with the rental process and told them that I didn't want to use SimplyfyEm anymore and wanted a refund. I was told that since I was past the 30 day refund period, they wouldn't give me my money back. I explained that the issue with the application didn't happen until a unit was vacant, which was past the 30 days. After my initial conversation with support, they never returned my messages or calls. I emailed the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and again, giving them a chance to respond and make things right, but heard no response. I am overall disappointed with the product. I switched to Buildium and have been very happy with their product and system.

Avantages: I appreciated the support team. They were usually very responsive.

Inconvénients: I tried to send the application to potential tenants when I had a vacancy. Of the 41 applications I sent out, I only received 2 back. I had to go back through all who had contacted me and ask support to send them a special link. After trying to figure this out for a week, I used my old application and sent it out to around 18 people. Withing 12 hours I had 6 responses and within 48 hours, I had 12 responses. Less than a week later I had the apartment rented out. I was concerned at this point with the rest of the system if it didn't produce results for the basic function of sending and receiving an application. The product simply didn't work.

• Publié le 27/08/2020
Patti H.
Real Estate Agent/Property Manager
Immobilier, 11-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 21/11/2019

"SimplifyEm Review"

Commentaires: I really liked this software and it was a close second to Rentec Direct. I chose Rentec Direct because of the maintenance capability, rent paying and marketing aspects that was a good fit for our portfolio. Also, Rentec Direct was a little cheaper in price but after the demo, I would have been happy with Simplify Em too!

Avantages: I was demo-ing property management software everyday for 2 weeks. It came down to Simplify Em and Rentec Direct. I loved them both and fit our needs as a small start up company.

Inconvénients: Not all the features are user friendly but the customer service dept quickly and efficiently handled all issues!

envoyé par SimplifyEm.com le 17/12/2019

Hi Patti, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are the most affordable, full featured property management software starting at $10/month for managing 10 units and are known to be easiest to use. We have maintenance and work order tracking, online payments, and rental advertising as well. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the customer service you received. We've noted your feedback and forwarded it. Best, SimplifyEm Team

• Publié le 21/11/2019
Curtis M.
  • Publié le 27/04/2018

"Simple yet Satisfying"

Avantages: This management software was better than I gave it credit for. It was the first software I used before switching to a more robust (read: costly) system. For the price, I think SimplifyEm is the best bang for your buck. While it doesn't seem intuitive at first, It's much easier to work with than some of its more complicated competitors.

Inconvénients: It did not have a standalone app and relied on their mobile website to support my mobile needs. It got the job done, but it wasn't nearly as seamless as it could have been. SimplifyEm also doesn't offer some of the training that other software options offer.

• Publié le 27/04/2018
Mary M.
Immobilier commercial, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 13/06/2017

"Good for basic PM software"

Avantages: Fairly easy to use. They have great customer support and always willing to walk you through issues. Overall it's fairly easy.

Inconvénients: They just have basic reporting. If you want to really analyze your property this is not the software for you.You can get a Rentroll and Tenant Late Report but that's about it. They don't have a vacant listing or make ready status or occupancy percentage. I believe if they can develop better reports - this program would be awesome. Don't get me wrong it is a great simple program. That is why it's called SimplfyEm.

• Publié le 13/06/2017
Laura M.
  • Publié le 24/04/2015

"I love this software. It keeps me organized and is so user friendly!"

Avantages: SimplifyEm knows just what I need to organize my rental business . I don't use all it's features, but it is nice to have everything at your finger tips. I get what I need and much more from SimplifyEm.

Inconvénients: There is "nothing" I don't like! The technical support team is fantastic to work with. I don't need support often but if I do need help, they are quick to answer the phone or quick to call me back! The support staff are very professional and polite. The program is very easy to use.

• Publié le 24/04/2015
Dena W.
  • Publié le 31/03/2016

"Making Life Easy!"

Avantages: It relieves me of the stress of the accounting work. Math is not my strong point! I did all my trust accounting by hand for over 20 years. I tried other property management software and found myself confused and overwhelmed. Simplifyem is easy to understand and use. If I get stuck, I call customer support and they walk me through it. Representatives are always polite, friendly and professional. Now, I can focus on taking care of my clients' needs better.

Inconvénients: It would be nice if owners could request statements and invoices on their own without my having to publish each individually.

• Publié le 31/03/2016
Ron L.
Property owner
  • Publié le 14/09/2017

"For the non-bookkeeper types"

Commentaires: My bookkeeper has everything in Quickbooks, but I have no idea how to get a meaningful report.
This program makes it easy to see how each and every property performs.

Avantages: Ease of use. I am a visual type person.
Tracks everything and gives me relevant reports.
Let's me see which properties are the better performers and helps me fine tune the others.

Inconvénients: Not all functions are obvious. I've had to call tech support a few times, but they were great at walking me through it.

• Publié le 14/09/2017
Jeniel M.
  • Publié le 12/11/2017

"Makes management a whole lot easier!"

Commentaires: I love using the software since it keeps on top of all my properties and any pending items I need to do or charge!

Avantages: It´s simple to use, ready when I need, great features and works in all of my daily management tasks. I´ve become more organized with billing and have more time attending my clients one on one. It´s all in all made my small business & life much easier. Thanks so much!

• Publié le 12/11/2017
Gregory S.
Producer
  • Publié le 11/11/2017

"Can be used anywhere"

Commentaires: On top of everything SimplifyEm is a web-based software and can be used from anywhere with access to Wi-Fi. I recommend the software to property managers and any owner of a rental property.

Avantages: SimplifyEm makes tracking rent and payments simple. It has made it easy for me to collect rents online and monitor all my property expenses in one place. I can store lease agreements so I can access them easily in the application. I use it to send email to my tenant, provide them with any notices. I like rent reminders and ability to track maintenance requests.

Inconvénients: I wish I could use the application offline. Some of the forms like lease agreements, notices to quit, notice to pay can be accessed offline but I cannot do data entry offline.

• Publié le 11/11/2017
Mickie C.
  • Publié le 09/08/2016

"Easy Peasy"

Avantages: It is so easy to do and if you mess it up, help will always walk you through it or fix it for you. Love these guys.

Inconvénients: There is nothing I found that I don't like at the point. Some things you have to read a little more than others to understand but still easy enough to understand.

• Publié le 09/08/2016
Maureen G.
Immobilier commercial
  • Publié le 10/03/2015

"Simply easy!"

Avantages: The product is easy to use and tracks all relevant earnings and expenses. My tax accountant is a happy man, because I show up with everything he needs in a tidy little report.

Inconvénients: I like pretty much everything about the product. It's user-friendly, the support is great and the reports are not fancy, but they provide all the information you need.

• Publié le 10/03/2015
Gary G.
Immobilier commercial
  • Publié le 20/09/2016

"Used for the last 8 Months"

Avantages: The telephone response to questions about use of the product is excellent.

Inconvénients: There are a few glitches in the software such as the inability to split expenses over more than one property without having to make the division allocation and then pull up each property and make the entry. I have asked why they will not modify the program which is basically from an old Quicken Property Management program but they have told me there is not a great demand for this. I wonder if the users even know of the possibility???

• Publié le 20/09/2016