• Service client

En savoir plus sur SpiraTeam

Un système ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) intégré qui gère les besoins, les versions, les cas types et les problèmes de votre projet

En savoir plus sur SpiraTeam

90 avis affichés

David B.
Test Manager
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 26/05/2016

"SpiraTeam and Inflectra great alround value"

Commentaires: Very intuitive and easy to use application with custom role based access that suites any organisation.
We have run the in-house version for over four years now and nothing much to complain about and when we've had a problem the support has been fantastic.
We don't use the application to its fullest potential but extensively for test management and reporting.

Avantages: Ease of use, no client installations, supports the main browser flora, a multitude of plugins for integration with other systems. Configuration flexibility. Plenty of features to grow in to. Fantastic support team and a vendor that listens to the user base addapting and improving the application at every new release. Very reasonable licensing and support fees.

Inconvénients: I can only think of one drawback that is MS platform dependancy for the server installation and db.

envoyé par Inflectra Corporation le 31/05/2016

Thanks David

• Publié le 26/05/2016
Juan D.
Test Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 01/08/2019

"Capitec Bank Feedback"

Commentaires: Most excellent, brings our Business and testing together in understanding the req.

Avantages: The Software made Automation easier. Integration easy, total revolutionary product. Very powerful tool if used as designed.

Inconvénients: Users. Misunderstanding the designed use compared to their personal opinion.

• Publié le 01/08/2019
Peter M.
Test Analyst
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 16/09/2020

"SpiraTeam - The HP ALM/HPQC Killer"

Commentaires: My philosophy is that the tool should fit the project, not the other way round, so I use SpiraTeam as and when the project requires. All my tests begin life as Excel checklists. If we have specific requirements then I will make use of the Requirements and map them to Test Scripts to get full traceability from a requirements, through testing, through defect management to reporting of test coverage. We write and maintain our own legacy systems, so most of our projects only have high level requirements, hence there is little point using the full suite of SpiraTeam, as it is overkill for such small projects. For most projects, SpiraTeam is used as more of a project place holder at a very high level to track project details and capture any requirements documentation. It is inefficient to write test scripts in Excel for small projects and import them in to SpiraTeam and execute them from SpiraTeam, as this is a needless duplication of effort. I've implemented Exploratory Testing, so test scripts are high level one-liners, reading more like a checklist than a typical Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 style of test scripts. Familiarity with our own in-house software renders the need to write detailed step by step tests redundant. When new legislation is passed that we must comply with, I use SpiraTeam for Test Management to dot the I's and cross the T's, making use of requirements capture, test scripting, requirements mappings, test execution, defect management and Reporting.

Avantages: Easier and more user-friendly to use than HP ALM/QC, whilst offering a similar level of comprehensive features, for a lot less outlay than HP's ALM/QC, IBM, CompuWare etc. SpiraTeam is flexible enough to be used differently for each project. For example, SpiraTeam can be used as a document repository for one project, just a test script and test execution tool for another, and as a full blown project life cycle tool encompassing requirements, tests, defects, management and reporting functions. The support provided by Inflectra is head and shoulders above the competition, showing the big boys how it should be done. Responses are prompt and with plenty of examples relevant to your industry sector to help get you going. Don't be surprised if [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] himself replies to your support request. It seems that the company's sales team are well versed in using the software tools that they sell. For us, it is the support that wins out over any rivals. Pricing is clear and upfront, unlike some of the smoke and mirrors sales tactics used by other vendors who shall remain nameless but here are some hints ... Has Problems, It Breaks More and Don't Expect to Last Long.

Inconvénients: Upgrading from 5.4 to 6.0 fails. In the past upgrading other vendor tools has been a deal breaker when it failed. A tool should be able to upgrade itself without throwing any SQL errors or similar. Administrators and DBA's should not need to run any specific scripts or commands, the tool should do this automatically and without error. We are unable to take advantage of new features offered in 6.0 and beyond.
Integration of any test tool with a business is not easy because the tool forces you to work its way rather than the tool supporting existing processes.
I needed to write a VB script to translate/transpose my test scripts into the correct format for importing into SpiraTeam, as a consequence of the tool forcing the tester to work how the tool works.

• Publié le 16/09/2020
Daniel T.
Architect IT
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 21/11/2016

"A complete vision of the projects"

Commentaires: I was used SpiraTeam in some projects. Our work with the application was right, but our experience with it, is like a fixed application with a strongest modulation of the project process. The UI, is not very friendly with a complex form to work on it.
Is true, that you can add any document, requirement, task or other in each moment, but you cannot change the flow of the project. In action it is maddening because you has not clarity of the steps to do with the different parts of the project.
But, if you have a big project with many people that need to interact (for example, you need to follow the status of the tasks and the test cases by developer) it is your project application.

Avantages: The application can modify to adapt the workflow to your needs (based on a complex workflow). The document management is very good. You can change a part of UI (colors, logos, etc.). You can do a personal dashboard with your heat points. This could help you to focus your most important points.

Inconvénients: In my personal opinion, the application needs a guidance or a screen that can show the flow process to make more easy the entry of the project elements.

envoyé par Inflectra le 21/11/2016

Thanks for the feedback. We are adding a new user onboarding wizard into SpiraTeam to guide a new user through the project management process that is enabled in SpiraTeam.

We're not sure which version Daniel used, but v5.0 has a completely overhauled user interface which our users are loving.

• Publié le 21/11/2016
Aaron W.
Internal Business Improvement Consultant (Senior Business Analyst)
Assurance, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 16/10/2018

"SpiraTeam gives visibility to the work getting done!"

Commentaires: My company purchase this and said "here, figure out how to use this for your project". It took be a couple of hours to put all the pieces together. It is rather intuitive and user friendly. I was able to guide the team into how we intend to use the tool to develop our software product. It was easy to get the team engaged in using SpiraTeam.

Avantages: I like that we can see the work move across the Planning (Kanban) Board so it gives great visibility to the entire team of the work that is being done. It is great for agile approach to software development. It provides great integration from Requirement to Development to Testing to Completed.

Inconvénients: The toughest part of using this new tool was to determine at what level to put the requirements into the system. As we were transitioning to agile at the same time we determined to put features into the tool as requirements and write user stories for each feature. It worked well. My team experienced some clunkiness, but I believe it was the way we had the tool configured as opposed to the tool itself. We changed the permissions on a couple of roles (BA, Developer) and it worked much better. We also changed some of the default workflows to make it work better.

• Publié le 16/10/2018
Kristin C.
Director of QA
  • Publié le 14/10/2014

"SpiraTeam Review"

Commentaires: Overall, the product is a great value. There are definitely things that can be improved though.
* Make reporting easier to use and more flexible. One of our number 1 complaints from Managers that use the system including myself is that we can't easily get data out of the system.
* Make it easier to create custom reports.
* The testing functionality is still cumbersome. We have seen our testing times increase fairly significantly since we started using the product. While some of that was expected, the tool is slow and not very efficient in some cases. For example instead of allowing multiple modules to be added at one time, the testers have to search for each one separately.
* The requirements module is slow.
* Performance of the product overall could be improved.
* Grids are restrictive. I have gotten lots of feedback with people wanting the ability to do things like double sort the grids or multiselecting certain fields like release.
* The customer service is fantastic but the reason I didn't give it an outstanding score is because I wish we had more say with enhancements. I wish we could pay you for an enhancement that was really important to us or for you to create a report for us.

envoyé par Inflectra le 14/10/2014

We appreciate the feedback. Reporting is one of those areas where we have added significant new capabilities but users always want to slice and dice things in different ways. The custom reporting added in v4.1 has helped by allowing users to create their own reports and we shall be adding more custom graphs in future version.
For enhancements we have 5000+ customers so sadly we do have to make decisions about priority, which is one challenge with a tool that is designed to be used by large numbers of customers that have their own processes...

• Publié le 14/10/2014
Erin E.
Senior QA Analyst
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 23/12/2015

"Great Tool For The Entire Project Life Cycle"

Commentaires: We have been using SpiraTeam within our organization for quite a few years. SpiraTeam is very easy to use, and is a great way to help track, maintain and troubleshoot an entire project, from the planning stages, to implementation, to enhancement requests and software bug and defect resolution. I would recommend SpiraTeam to any organization looking for a straightforward, easy to use tool.

Avantages: Pros: Easy to use
Versatile
Tracks multiple project points

Inconvénients: Cons: Cannot easily move artifacts from one project to another.

• Publié le 23/12/2015
Brian K.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Papier et produits forestiers, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 28/08/2014

"Great affordable Project Lifecycle Management tool!"

Commentaires: My team and I have been using SpiraTeam for over a year now. We continue to be impressed by how customizable the product is. The ability to create custom workflows for Requirements and Incidents really allows us to make this product conform to our companies methodology. We aren't forced to follow a rigid methodology (Pure waterfall or Scrum). We can configure the application to follow our specific needs.

Avantages: -Hosted solution, no infrastructure to worry about, Inflectra handles the backups, upgrades, servers, etc
-Customizable workflows
-Easy to learn UI
-Plug-in for integration with our Automated Testing tool
-Plug-in for Visual Studio

Inconvénients: -At times it can be a little slow when loading new pages, not huge lag but enough to be annoying
-The out of the box reports aren't the best and creating custom reports is challenging

• Publié le 28/08/2014
Nick G.
Test Functional Lead
Internet, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 17/11/2014

"Manage the full project lifecycle, testing is just a part"

Commentaires: We have been using SpiraTeam for well over 4 years now and have over 600 registered users with over 100 using the system at any one time. SpiraTeam allows us to manage multiple development projects detailing requirements, writing and executing test cases and mapping the two together. SpiraTeam provides a great defect tracking tool and is used internally and by clients alike.

Avantages: Customisable workflows, SpiraTeam uses colour in the interface well to highlight high priority items. SpiraTeam supports multiple plugins and we have integrated with Jenkins. Good support with same day response normal.

Inconvénients: Occasionally buggy after new releases. Agile task management tools need refining.

• Publié le 17/11/2014
Riccardo C.
Test Engineer
Pétrole et énergies, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 18/03/2020

"Spira review"

Avantages: the feauture i like mosto are remote launch, easy to duplicate project structure

Inconvénients: it's difficult tu upgrade the version. It will be appreciate a automate tool for version update

envoyé par Inflectra le 20/03/2020

Hi Riccardo,
Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear about the difficulties you have run into upgrading your version. We released a completely new upgrading system in v6.0 last year, I'm not sure if you have tried that version?
We have made continual improvements to the ease of use of the application itself and the upgrading tools in v6.0 and later.

• Publié le 18/03/2020
Tom E.
QA Engineer
Télécommunications, 1 001-5 000 employés

"Pretty Good!"

Commentaires: Overall, I like SpiraTeam. There's a bunch of different ALM solutions out there. I prefer something easy of a lot of confusing functionality. SpiraTeam is somewhere in the middle. It has a good balance. I use it for keeping track of test cases, but don't use the requirements functionality. I wish we did use the Requirement functionality, but the developers I work with have a thing about NOT documenting what they are developing... In any case, I can produce the results of the test effort rather easily so the rest of the team can see where we are within the project.
Some of the annoyances are the ability to produce a report and distribute to the rest of the team. With the templates that SpiraTeam provides, I would like something a lit bit different. The templates just don't provide the information that I need. I know there is a way to modify the templates, but never had time to devote to figure it out. Also, the way arranging tests in folders and then moving tests around in the folders has been difficult over the versions of SpiraTeam. I like how tests are arranged in that way. It helps keep everything organized in a good manner, but the implementation of it is not entirely perfect. test cases often get put in the wrong place and have to spend some time moving them around. My last annoyance is how test cases are copied and pasted. When pasting a test case, it places it on the top of the test case I copied, not underneath it. That bugs me more than anything.
But when judging SpiraTeam as a whole, I do like the product, but it's those little interface annoyances that get in the way.

Avantages: I like the concept of how test cases are arranged, within folders.

Inconvénients: I don't like how the concept of the folders was implemented. Often times, when copying and pasting test cases, it gets placed in the wrong location. Have to spend extra time getting test cases and folders placed in the right location.

envoyé par Inflectra le 14/12/2016

Hi Tom
Thanks so much for the very fair and detailed review, we appreciate the time you spent writing it.
I would like to mention that in SpiraTeam v5.0 we completely overhauled the test case and test set folders in line with the issues you identified, so please try out the newest version and let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

Mark L.
Head of Delivery
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 15/02/2019

"Are you in Wagile Hell?"

Commentaires: With Spira Team we are building out our B2B and B2C solutions. We use the Planning Boards for SPrint Planning and daily stand up reference. WE use the Incidents page for tracking defects and Test Cases for Test Management. We also use Requirements for High Level Requirements, decomposing into Use Cases. We can bring in third parties as required to communicate their cards.

Avantages: Where you are in the B2B market and have tech clients who remain Waterfall in their planning, yet you are more enlightened, this is a suitable tool. It does allow you to plan your dev trains according to iterations and project onto a scrum board. At the same time it allows you to map these cards to a set of requirements. In addition, you can plan your test cases and track defects all in the one platform. Sure, you could go down the Atlassian route, Inflectra appears to be better value for money, especially when adding modules.

Inconvénients: Insufficient integrations available with market defacto standard testing tools. The training model is on a consulting model - not great for start ups and scale ups. Need more training videos dealing with the set up in situations of increasing complexity! Was advised that Inflectra is responsive to customer feedback feature requests. Have not experienced this yet, despite regular feedback. Because most teams spend so much time in the Planning Board, more investment is required to improve usability of this page. Its good, just not great yet. It would be great to restrict visibility of external users to specific pages or to specific cards, instead we have to create separate projects for these groups, which is not always ideal when inserting external groups into internal team work.

• Publié le 15/02/2019
Tammy B.
  • Publié le 02/12/2016

"Requirements and Test Management in one place"

Commentaires: The primary goal of the software we were looking for was the management of requirements and testing along with a built-in traceability matrix and reports. SpiraTeam included these at a reasonable cost. We purchased the 4.2 version and have not upgraded to the latest. We like the feature that not only maps the requirement to test case(s) but also indicates how many of the associated test cases have passed/failed. The filtering on tables for Requirements, Test Cases and Incidents is very helpful. Also like the folder and subfolder concepts to easily group system features. We have not used the Test Sets feature. We've been able to generate requirements and test reports and make some modifications. I am not a developer so this was a bit challenging and was not able to figure out how to create a report for bugs not linked to test cases. SpiraTeam does have a report showing Test Cases with associated incidents of which I was able to expand to get additional incident information other than just the ID. They have a handful of other reports as well. We used several administrative features. Adding new users and projects is fairly easy and straight forward. We configured the Incident work steps (workflow) to meet our business workflow (e.g., added Works as Designed and Close (by Design)), added some custom fields and adjusted field properties (e.g., hide, require) per the workstep. We used the email notifications feature as well. We also synchronized with Jira but abandoned this. We could not get the components to map but mostly because after trying it, we found it much easier to manage defects in one system for our internal processes. Once a bug is synchronized and written to Jira, you can only update it from Jira, not SpiraTeam. It would be nice to have a feature that lets you know when a test case should be retested because the associated bugs are fixed. Customer Service is responsive and professional. Sometimes I found answers to my questions on their Knowledge Base. Overall good experience. Really helps to see that requirements are covered by test cases and gives the ability to manage test case (pass/fail) in one place without having to use spreadsheets!

Sudha G.
QA Manager
  • Publié le 17/10/2014

"Spira Feedback"

Commentaires: Spira is a very good QA tool. It is very easy to use and very nice documents to follow. Very affordable price. Very good customer service. I am very happy using this tool and pleased with the customer service quick responses. However, here are some of the improvements and enhancement suggestions. 1. Is this compatible to use in all the browsers. Currently, if I am using chrome, when I try to edit the test case there is no way of saving. Save button is disabled. Update button is not displaying on the edited step. Today I started using IE to see if it will work better. Any ideas on that which browser it works well or is it properly tested to use in all browsers? 2. If working on a test script or projects using Spira, user accidently deletes the test case, is there a way that we can restore the data? Any history to bring back the deleted test case? If this is not there now, I request to add as a future enhancement to benefit. 3. Why do we need in Test cases also Execute button and in Test Sets also Execute button? It is very confusing. Usually it should be in Test Sets. 4. Axosoft and Spira test documents can be clearer to understand from a QA tester perspective. 5. I am still learning and trying to experiment the full features. Thanks.

envoyé par Inflectra le 20/10/2014

Hi Sudha

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think you have some questions as well as the review. For questions 1-5 I would submit a help desk ticket to us (if you have not already).

In answer to the questions for anyone reading:
1) Spira works with all versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera as well as IE8 or later.
2) If you delete a test case, simply go to Administration > Project History Changes and you can revert the delete.
3) You can execute a test case or a test set because sometimes smaller teams don't want to use the test set functionality and just assign test cases directly. For larger teams, test sets are optimal.
4) Thanks for the feedback, the integration with AxoSoft OnTime is an integration feature and is definitely more technical than the rest of the system.

• Publié le 17/10/2014
Kevin D.
Quality Assurance Team Lead
Production alimentaire, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 02/12/2016

"Great product for managing software testing at a great price."

Commentaires: SpiraTeam has been a great tool for meeting our Software Quality Testing goals. We use Planning to track our business requirements and trace them to our test cases. We use the Testing section to capture all our test cases and record our test runs. We have started to use the Rapise Test Automation Tool to integrate with SpiraTeam and run our test automation scripts. We use Tracking to document all our test failures and track incidents for our projects. The Dashboard and Reporting sections have been valuable in communicating test progress and results to our project teams. We have been very pleased with the tools use and performance.

Avantages: All the functionality needed for our Software Quality Testing goals at a great price.

Inconvénients: Reporting could be easier to manage and sorting columns by "not" would be valuable - ex. Status = "not" Accepted for Requirements.

Boris G.
QA Director
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 02/12/2016

"SpiraTeam, great potentials, good feature set and excellent support team"

Commentaires: I believe the fact that I bringing with me the SpiraTeam to the third company I am working for, speaks for itself. In my current company, I was able to replace Jenkins and TestRail with the SpiraTeam. Eliminating an extra tool is always great news for the companies, thank you SpiraTeam!

Avantages: Great variety of plugins

Inconvénients: Limitations for some integrations, Jenkins will be a good example for that.

envoyé par Inflectra le 02/12/2016

Thanks Boris, we have the page rendering speed, firmly in our sights for the next version.

Michael W.
Director Project Management
  • Publié le 05/05/2009

"We are using Spirateam / Spiratest for test case management and for managing our testing workforce."

Commentaires: We are using Spirateam / Spiratest for test case management and for managing our testing workforce. Also we are using it to track test case execution.
-> This is where I can recommend the tool to others
Whatever question we had was answered by Inflectra customer service in a timely and competent way. As a software company ourselves I was very much impressed.
-> This is a major reason to go and invest into Inflectra software. The money spent is worth every cent.
We cannot use the integrated ticketing tool and unfortunately were not able to integrate with our Jira ticketing solution the way we planned. The promoted Jira interface was a major reason to select Spiratest and we were very disappointed that it does not really work. However this feature is promised for a later release 2009.
-> We are hoping that Jira integration will be improved and integrated into the admin interface by the Spira development team as promised end of 2008.

Avantages: - world class customer service
- product is still improved and enhanced
- cost/feature ratio is ok
- helps us to improve software development process
- we are using the Excel importer often also to create new testcases. This is really fast.
- direct access to the MSSQL databaes allows custom report generation

Inconvénients: - Jira integration is not really working
- Jira integration is only done with cryptic configuration files and not using the web-admin interface.
- doesn't work well with Firefox browsers
- doesn't work under Linux
- test case creation using the web-gui is kind of time consuming
- reporting could be more configurable directly in Spiratest

• Publié le 05/05/2009
Ambrish D.
  • Publié le 14/06/2018

"Its an awesome prodect from Inflectra for overall project management . Customer support is excellent"

Avantages: Nice features,integration with most of the automation tools,ease of navigation,easy to understand UI,tracking of tasks,version control,access as per roles,easy tracking of all artifacts and easy to understand the mappings with them.

Inconvénients: Reporting can be much better.Sometimes some formats throw error while reporting,mostly detailed incident reports fail while attaching images other than jpeg formats.

• Publié le 14/06/2018
Don T.
Test Manager
  • Publié le 28/01/2010

"High Functionality, Low Price & Responsive Support - It's a Winner!"

Commentaires: Highly recommended.
Cannot be beaten for functionality and support at the price point. And I've looked at many, with over 10 years experience with the big boys !!! Throw away those Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. At this price you can afford this top class software. You'll wonder why you made do with anything less!! And there is a free 30 day trial. That's how we got hooked.

Avantages: Functionality, Price and Support. What more do you need in a Test Management Tool? And it has integration with other tools and test automation.
SpiraTeam was trialled over three major projects and was enthusiastically accepted by both the IT group and the Business Areas doing UAT with absolutely minimal training. SpiraTeam provides a high level of functionality at an extremely affordable price point. I was extremely pleased with the responsiveness of Inflectra to every issue and suggestion I raised.
When you're sitting in a meeting with SpiraTeam users discussing incident reports from one of the trial projects, and the Director turns to you and says..."give me the quote...we need SpiraTeam" you know the product is doing the job for both test process improvement and management reporting. A winner for all !!

Inconvénients: Oracle support (but it is on the way).
Greater email support ( such as broadcast notification to all SpiraTeam users)- but that is on the way too.

• Publié le 28/01/2010
Doug
  • Publié le 05/03/2014

"SpiraTeam an easy implementation and Great Customer Support"

Commentaires: As a QA Manager I've worked with many defect tracking systems and ALM tools including TFS and HP QC\ALM. SpiraTeam is quick to implement and easy to work with. The key is mapping out your hierarchy and workflows for the project or all your projects if you're creating a template. This makes creating future projects a snap. The ease and flexibility of creating a custom Issue workflow was also key to a quick implementation. SpiraTeam has good basic functionality covering the different SDLC artifacts Issues, Requirements, Test Management, Releases, etc... There may be some features higher tiered ALM tools may have, but if they're not must haves for your team then SpiraTeam is the way to go. I've worked with the Inflectra Support team on easy and very complex issues. They've been very responsive on their communication and followups. They're always a joy to work with.

Avantages: Easy and Quick Implementation
Ease of use througout
Pricing
Good overall functionality across the board for all SDLC Artifacts, not just Defect Tracking
Integration to third party software
Great Customer Support
Importing of artifacts is easy

Inconvénients: Limited flexibility of controlling location of the fields on each screen
Reports are a bit cumbersome
Making Global Changes that would impact multiple projects in progress
Linking Artifacts across projects for cross functionality

• Publié le 05/03/2014
Lawrence G.
Testing Manager
  • Publié le 11/12/2009

"Great feature set at any price - yet at the best price!"

Commentaires: SpiraTeam from Inflectra was inexpensive enough for us to use when our QA efforts were first launching as well as feature rich enough now that we have dozens of testers, analysts, and developers involved. We plan to bring on a test automation tool next year (QuickTest Pro, SmarteScript, or TestComplete) and SpiraTeam came with the hooks built in. In fact, SpiraTeam has a number of extra features built in that may make it even more useful to us over time; such as Project & Requirements Management. Their sales and support team have been invaluable in helping us understand how to use their software and even how to best test our software as well. They are flexible and very fast to respond (even after we bought) Their pricing model makes sense for the initial purchase and the annual maintenance. Simply put, Im sold. Its too tough to justify a competing product, no matter how popular, at tens of thousands of dollars more.

Avantages: SpiraTeam is an incredible value. Its feature set rivals competitors that are literally 10 times the cost. It has provided all the test case management that we need & the sales/support team has been immediately responsive to every question we've had.

Inconvénients: The only challenge we've had with SpiraTeam is the "team" part. It isn't quite as graceful as we'd like for using a team of testers to execute tests. They came up with a solution so it's not a show stopper but I hope it improves with the next release.

• Publié le 11/12/2009
Walter K.
Engineering Consultant
Armée, 1 001-5 000 employés

"SpiraTeam Review"

Commentaires: I am an engineering contractor performing both SW development and SW qa work. I have convinced my last 3 employers to use Spirateam to help with project management and automation testing.

Avantages: 1) great value for the money
2) flexibility
3) can help track all aspects of a project

Inconvénients: I am still on version 4, so it may be that some of these are handled by v5 1) not tied in well enough with build systems
2) no test scheduling support supplied for linux systems
3) no simple way to tell which automated hosts are currently being used for automated testing. Should be some GUI screen that provides a single look at whats being scheduled and to what host.

John D.
Principal project consultant and test manager
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 11/09/2017

"Great value and great support"

Avantages: Feature set for the price compared to competing products. Flexible licensing. Very good support from the company.

Inconvénients: Very occasionally can be slow, for no apparent reason. Validation against AD can be difficult to setup.

• Publié le 11/09/2017
Kevin T.
  • Publié le 26/10/2013

"Excellent package, it helped improve our internal processes"

Commentaires: We migrated from OnTime to SpiraTeam and couldn't be happier. For us, the power of SpiraTeam is the way it ties everything together. It also clear visibility of things like: This release includes these features and addresses these defects, and these test cases were executed. it is clear what is being included in each release, and it improves communication between our project managers and the developers. We have three testers, and they use the testing features of SpiraTeam both in concert with an automated tool (TestComplete) and for manual testing. We recently hired a junior tester to do manual testing, guided by the test scripts created in SpiraTeam by our lead tester.
Our developers have been asking for a Kanban board, which is not currently available. It is coming, accounting to Inflectra's support. Speaking of support, we've been happy with the results the few times we have needed to call. These days it is relatively unusual to call a company and have your call answered by a real live person, a person who has a detailed understanding of the product, and who has a full command of the English language.
We are hosting the application ourselves. Setup was easy, and the performance is excellent. We looked at a lot of products in this space, from open source to very expensive. SpiraTeam was the best choice for us, and we've never regretted the purchase.

• Publié le 26/10/2013
Galina
  • Publié le 29/04/2013

"Easy to use ALM tool at an affordable price"

Commentaires: We’ve been using SpiraTeam for test management for almost a year and already implemented 2 projects with it. User experience is great, since SpiraTeam is a lightweight tool and we hadn’t had any experience with such a tool before adopting SpiraTeam. The most value it adds to our test management process and to the company in general is that all test cases and test results are stored in a single repository, both manual and automated, and it is very easy to organize and find test cases or retrieve test results using filters. We find particularly useful the options for test case re-use (linked test cases), separating test cases from test data (parameters), using test sets as containers for test cases, and using custom fields. We are eager to also adopt the other modules, especially incident management and requirements management, to benefit from the traceability between all the different artifacts we manage. And yes, it is very important that all of this comes at an affordable price with really exclusive customer support - we purchased the Enterprise Edition and have no problems whatsoever with the number of concurrent users. We expect future releases of SpiraTeam to include customizable workflows for the other artifacts, not only for incidents, as well as enhanced search.

• Publié le 29/04/2013