15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur SmartVault

En savoir plus sur SmartVault

SmartVault permet de collecter, de gérer et de partager facilement des documents au travers d'un portail client et d'une solution de gestion des documents unique et complète.

En savoir plus sur SmartVault

Easy to use, very intuitative. I like the way I can keep a track of everything going on and the simplicity to upload.

My number one complaint is that you cannot edit documents in Smartvault.

SmartVault - Notes

SmartVault a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 123 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé SmartVault ?

Tracey
Tracey
Financial (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 501–1 000 employés

Awesome to add to my tech stack

Commentaires : My compliance department introduced SmartVault instead of google drive or another service. I couldn't be happier! And, the integration with docusign is awesome.
My clients find it easy to work with .

It's an easy way to securely hold all of my clients documents. I LOVE that it works well with docusign. My clients find it easy to use.

If you cannot get in touch with customer service (everyone is busy!) they have FAQ's that I easily found what I was looking for!

Company Director (R.-U.)
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur

Well packaged Document Management System, well presented!

Commentaires : Overall, I have been very impressed by SmartVault. I was using Office 365 Business and was fed up that Sharepoint kept falling over for clients - I had set it up as groups to move documents around as I provide payroll services, but often I would get an email from the client saying not received or can't access. SmartVault integration has been very easy and clients have embraced - I think that for many it looks like IE tree set up for navigating makes it easier and that a desktop version is available for their use - a feature taken away by Microsoft - they feel they have greater control too. The current global pandemic has meant that the software has been a god send in maintaining client relations and service provision. I am pleased to have moved over and would recommend.

- Very user friendly and easy to navigate - Easy to set up and invite clients and give the appropriate access according to their status i.e. full for the company director down to folder or file specific - Easy to upload documents and great that it has a desktop version in addition to the online version. Clients like the Apple integration and the fact it works happily with MAC's as comfortably as non-MAC Windows PC's - Good support, though confusing when you get a US number for someone who lives in India to assist! - I'm a UK based company - Free set up and training assistance including full run through of the software - Unlimited Companies - Free access for clients - Templates for Accounts/Payroll etc save a lot of time for setting up year on year

- Integration with Outlook - this is hit and miss if it works and mine doesn't meaning I can't link email in - have been advised it is due to not having the full office suite, though I have and it still wouldn't integrate - A little expensive compared to other products, but it was best fit for the business

Mila
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Only document storage and not the best one

Commentaires : The software is only document storage and not the best one. It is supposed to integrate with Intuit tax software (Prosystems, etc.), but if you use something different (I am on CCH), you are out of luck. Customer service is horrible and not worth the time you spend contacting them. Please read my Cons section for more impressions.

They promise many good features, but only a few of them actually work.

I was originally on the tax-pro subscription for $360/year for several years. They canceled the tax-pro plans and charged my credit card $112 just for the month of November. It is almost four times the price and not something I would pay for this software. The change of plan was not communicated clearly, the specific date of change was not communicated at all, and now customer service tells me that refunds are outside of their policy even though I cancelled SmartVault immediately. There are more cons than pros to this software. My customers were receiving upload notifications after a three-week delay, which created a lot of confusion. The software was not intuitive to the customers. Individual files had to be made accessible to them even when uploaded to an already accessible folder, which was a complete waste of time and another source of frustration. Sometime last year, SmartVault had a hiccup and resorted our filing system, e.g., files from 2017 folders were randomly moved to different folders, etc. DocuSign integration worked in about 30% of the time; in most cases, I would get a file error and go directly to the DocuSign website, which defeats the purpose of this integration. I had contacted customer service for each of these issues and received no help. They now require a minimum two licenses regardless of whether you are a single-member firm.

Christos
Accountant (R.-U.)

Wouldn't use anything else

Commentaires : We are operating a paperless office and everything in the cloud, this is eco friendly as paper waste is minimal. Also all data is securely stored in a cloud so we do not have to worry about backups .

Possibly the most seamless cloud-based solution for accountants. There are a few ways to work with SmartVault depending on your circumstances, these are the portal itself, Connected Desktop and SmartVault Drive. All can be used from your main PC. SmartVault Portal You can use the portal in a web browser, this is fantastic if you are on the move and away from your usual machine when you need to access documents and all you need is an internet connection. Connected Desktop This would be used from your PC, this is where you can do tasks such as sending password protected documents, links to documents, or get documents signed by clients. SmartVault Drive This is simply a mapped drive from the cloud to your PC, it is so simple to use, where you can access files drag and drop documents in seconds. One of the most important pros is the use of 2 Factor Authentication as this does hold client records and data.

Only con I have found, when getting documents signed by DocuSign using SmartVault, if you select one document to sign, then drag and drop other documents, only the original selected documents get updated in SmartVault, and then you have to update the signed documents manually via drag and drop.

Réponse de l'équipe de SmartVault

il y a 4 ans

Thanks for your review Christos! Great to hear you're finding SmartVault easy and seamless to use. I'll pass along your drag and drop issue to our developer team :) -The SmartVault Team

Mickele
Owner/Operator (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Not worth the effort or price

Commentaires : Even though I have had issues with the software and it does not meet all of my needs I likely would have renewed had they honored the agreement made when I signed up. You are required to have a minimum of 2 licenses and the agent I worked with was able to waive that requirement and I agreed to use the software as opposed to going with a different provider. They have now decided to unilaterally enforce the 2 licenses even though I was told my pricing would be locked in as long as I remained a customer. So due to the price, because it does not contain premium features, and the lack of integrity I would not recommend this software to anyone.

I like that the software does what it is supposed to (securely stores documents) but there aren't too many bells and whistles and a lot of it is very manual to do. I also like the DocuSign integration.

There are a lot of features missing and since they are now doubling the cost it is definitely not worth it. There is no way to securely request files from clients who do not have an account. They just barely added a document request feature which I will not be trying since I am not renewing. It is not intuitive to use for my clients and it does not integrate with my tax software. There is a feature to send tax organizers to all of your clients which would be useful if I could upload a template but that is not an option.

Maria
Tax preparer (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Good service but it has become prohibited for a solo tax practitioner.

Commentaires : After the initial learning curve, it worked fine. It's a secure and efficient way to exchange and store client documents. The only reason why I didn't renew it is that the plan I was using was discontinued and I was put in a plan that had a minimum of 2 users. I was going to start paying 3 times more than the previous year's fee. They did some improvements but I didn't need those.

It is robust, well structured and secure.

I had a couple of glitches, I couldn't login in my account, and it was scary. I resolved it after a few days, trying many other things, including contacting customer support. I cleared the cache in my browser and I had access again. It was a steep learning curve for me. I was used to another client portal that had a modern look and this one looked a little outdated.

Dawn

Reliable and Secure

Commentaires : I love the integrations. I cannot say enough about their vision to continue to improve it's interface. This is a super cost effective way for me to operate my tax practice as well as the work I do with other clients.

I love that SmartVault can integrate with other software applications I use. The security that SmartVault brings to the table is critical to the protection of my clients data. This application fits perfectly with my suite of other applications and I can count on it remaining secure.

The website times out too often. Maybe I am not aware of being able to extend the time-out but that is definitely something that needs to improve. I also would like to see improvements in the mobile application.

Renee

Easy and secure

Commentaires : SmartVault is easy to use and secure. The price point is great. Clients find it easy to use. I really like the integration with Outlook. I can easily email links to documents, which makes SmartVault even easier for clients. It is secure, and that is very important to me. Access to files anytime and anywhere is also important. Customizable folders is an added benefit. Each year I get more clients using it. I will use it as long as am in practice. I have no need to shop for anything else.

Security is the number one feature. SmartVault is easy to use and secure. Clients find it easy to use. Integration is Outlook works great.

A function to email a third party a document without them having an account would be great. Maybe it is there and I don't know how to use it.

Russell
Russell
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

An OK portal, if you only want a portal

Commentaires : They are a competent client portal with a price on the lower end of the spectrum. However, after 6+ years the product was quite stale so I decided to switch to a more agile portal vendor who is actually spending time and money to improve and develop their product.

It integrates with Lacerte fairly smoothly. SV drive and SV connected desktop facilitate working with the files on my local workstation, which is a feature that many cloud based DMS solutions lack. Always having my documents available from wherever I am.

They did not meaningfully improve the product at all while I was using it between 2013 and 2019. The product was literally almost exactly the same when I started using it and when I stopped. Also, their iOS app is, to put it generously, pathetic - and was never updated to fix the many glaring problems with it. Chief among those is that from day one the search function in the app is completely useless, meaning that I have to scroll through many nested folders to find each file I want, every time.

Tammy
Tammy
Bookkeeper (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur

Great product for storage and collaboration

Commentaires : With SmartVault I never have to worry about where my documents are for all of my clients. I know they are secure and accessible at all times no matter what computer I have access to.

I love SmartVault for the unlimited storage capacity and ease of use. I am easily able to collaborate and share files and sensitive documents with colleagues and clients alike with different permissions. I love being able to access my documents from any computer, anywhere, anytime. I feel like care about me as a consumer and try and be as helpful as possible.

Learning SmartVault was a bit difficult in the beginning but the company provides plenty of training and hundreds of videos.

James
Corporate Secretary (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

SmartVault exposes identities of all clients!

Commentaires : Good service response immediately after initial installation and implementation. Since then it has been very poor.

Notification of uploads. Ease of settin gpermissions.

A client opened its vault and saw identities of all clients -- in violation of IRS security requirements.

Réponse de l'équipe de SmartVault

il y a 3 ans

Hi James, We certainly understand your frustration & we want you to know that we take customer data security & privacy very seriously at SmartVault. Our platform was built with a security-first mindset & we continuously evaluate our security protocols to ensure we are following industry standard best practices & meeting all compliance regulations. We've looked into your case & it seems that your client folders were built out under the Public Documents folder, which is viewable by all employees & clients by default. When you reached out about this issue, our team helped change the privacy settings on this folder which at the time you indicated had resolved the issue. Our team will be reaching out to you to further discuss & ensure you have all of the tools & support you need to continue using SmartVault with a high degree of confidence. We sincerely apologize you had this issue, & look forward to working with you to make it right. Best, Nicholas Tyson, Director of Customer Success

Joy

Really Glad We Left Smart Vault

Commentaires : We did not have a great experience with Smart Vault. It is not easy to manage or user-friendly. we used SmartVault for our first tax season. We switched to TaxDome this year and it was such an amazing decision. TaxDome is cheaper and they have app users can use that is user-friendly. I wish I had found TaxDome originally. At the end of the subscription, SmartVault did not notify us that they were going to move to a 2 user plan and we were on a single-user plan for $60. They charged us $120 with no notice. I called them about it and they said they sent out an email making customers aware of the price increase. I did not receive an email from them when I checked again. When they finally checked their systems they said we did not get the email. After going back and forth for a few months I finally was able to get a response where they at least paid us back the money for their mistake and we canceled our account. They handled the whole situation really poorly and were rude. If you are thinking about making the switch I would go for it. Stop putting your money into a company that won't put money into itself.

The thing I liked the most about the software is that they have top security.

The software is not user-friendly at all ad there are much better and cheaper options out there.

Timothy
Accountant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11–50 employés

Great Concept That's Poorly Executed

Commentaires : Horrible. Every problem that it solves, it creates 2 more. I will say our tech savy clients love it. They are able to get all their data in one spot, no matter how many entities there are. The rest of us cringe.

The online portal makes this product attractive to clients.

Customer Service is horrendous and is more likely to ignore you than be of any actual service. The complex web of features requires either a ridiculous amount of setup time to get the product to function as you want it. For example, there is no way to set notifications to just "my clients" easily. As a firm with over 2,500 individual clients, the shear volume of upload notifications is impossible to navigate - to the point where it's utterly useless. This is just an example, a myriad of other features that are well intentioned end up completely useless or worse due to lack of customization. Many items that one would think of as standard for a document management system, such as locking folders, don't exist. This product is 5 years away from developing into a useful product.

Natalia
CFO (É.-U.)

Very unsatisfied

2,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : We used them for few years and always had below average customer support. We ended up trying to cancel them today after only a month into our new billing period and they refused to refund our payment for the remaining 11 months. They basically said they do not care how much time we have left, they are not prorating. Really?!!! They are charging us for 11 months of services that they are not going to provide. It's a horrible company that rips their clients off! Stay away from them. There are much better providers out there.

Document sharing with clients. Also it was not easy to understand and kept locking clients out of the system

Customer support, price, policies the were not disclosed upfront at contract signing

caitlin
enrolled agent (Égypte)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

great product for tax prep firms and our clients

SmartVault has added tremendous value to the product we offer our clients. In addition to viewing their current and prior year tax returns, they can view tax documents as well, which is incredibly useful. Eliminates the need for storing years of paperwork. Our clients have found it very easy to set up and use as well. Really a great product.

I have no complaints thus far, product has worked beyond expectations.

Leanna
CPA (É.-U.)

SmartVault is a decent software that has many good features.

Commentaires : Access to client documents. Ease of use. Availability to store documents remotely.

You access information anywhere that you have an internet connection. Ease of Use. Compatible with multiple software and operating systems.

Glitchy at best. It gives lots of error message. Some valid, some not. Site tends to go down during periods of heavy traffic. That is a big problem, because often times those are during the hours when you need to access.

Helen

Happy Customer

Commentaires : Overall I am happy and glad I found them.

The price is affordable for a boutique firm like mine. It also puts me at ease for the security for confidential information sharing with clients. It's also easy to organize and I don't have to worry about clients who always ask for the same information over and over again. I just simply tell them to go to the portal.

The tech support is helpful but not as responsive as I'd like since one reason I became their customer is because I was told their tech can be my tech for my clients so I don't need to waste my time to assist my clients.

Jeff
Source : SoftwareAdvice

You Don't Get What You Pay For

Commentaires : I'd strongly suggest looking elsewhere for your storage and file sharing needs. This company prices its service like they are the cream of the crop, but in reality they are the bottom of the barrel. The price for my plan nearly tripled this year with zero new features or services being added that are actually useful. There is no Android app available, which is ridiculous considering the extreme pricing. And be careful, the company will auto renew your plan for 12 months and there is no means to cancel for a refund once they charge your credit card. And they will still auto renew after completely altering the terms of the contract. Shady company for sure.

Really nothing to like. It's as basic as it comes for a storage and file sharing platform.

-No Android App -Poor Interface and Terrible Permissions Programming -Way Overpriced

Eric J.
Founder (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur

A decent option for a client portal system

The ability to map the system to your hard drive and use the portal as a virtual drive locally is a huge boost to productivity. You can send custom messages with the file notifications which is a nice little touch. Many integrations for email/accounting software and features for storing, transferring, signing and more functionality.

Mac users are left out in the cold. The pricing is rather high if you only need the portal system itself and no additional features. The space allotment is rather small compared to some other options. No ability to transfer/shift into a different type of filing system within the SmartVault family of products--you have to start from scratch.

Susan

Smartvault Rocks!

I love Smartvault, I've used it now for 3 years to track bookkeeping, payroll, taxes and tax planning. It works great for me, check out the new view they just added. Pretty great!

I wish when you add something or try to open a folder it would go faster. This is a little frustrating.

Karina
Receptionist (É.-U.)

No Cons, Just Pros!

Commentaires : It is great for important document storage. Easy to function, manage documents and share with clients as well.

Its storage is what I liked the most and the fact that it's so easy to manage and get access to certain folders.

So far so good, there are no cons from my personal experience.

Charmaine
Accounts Assistant (R.-U.)

Best Software to store documents

Commentaires : It is one great software that helps to go paperless.

The best thing I like about this software is the storage capacity and pace available. It is very convenient and easy to use.

Since I do not have the admin access I cannot delete a file I accidentally uploaded to SmartVault and have to request my manager to do the same. Have to sometimes mostly refresh the folder once the document has been uploaded.

Leslie
Sales Engineer (Suède)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 2–10 employés

Smartvault user

This is a very easy tool to save all documents, organized and able to share with the colleagues and available always online.

So far I have no negative comments on the uses that I give to this application.

Marc
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Pricing Hike is Imminent

Integration with Intuit Pro Series and Lacerte Software

The pending price increase of over 35% is absolutely a shocker as there have been limited proposed improvements to the package and the price is going from $ 24.38 / month to a minimum of $40.00 per month. It may be extremely difficult to justify especially considering that this commodity software is available at HALF THE COST from competitors and they have additional workflows and features not available in SmartVault.

Raquel
Raquel
Senior Bookkeeper (Canada)
Comptabilité, 11–50 employés

Smart Vault

-Very easy to use -Stores everything in one place -Very fast

I feel in QuickBooks you should be able to have 2 books open at the same time and be able to use smartvault.