Avis clients sur SmartVault

En savoir plus sur SmartVault

SmartVault permet de collecter, de gérer et de partager facilement des documents au travers d'un portail client et d'une solution de gestion des documents unique et complète.

En savoir plus sur SmartVault

Easy to use, very intuitative. I like the way I can keep a track of everything going on and the simplicity to upload.

My number one complaint is that you cannot edit documents in Smartvault.

SmartVault - Notes

SmartVault a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 116 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé SmartVault ?

Tracey
Tracey
Financial (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 501-1 000 employés

Awesome to add to my tech stack

Commentaires : My compliance department introduced SmartVault instead of google drive or another service. I couldn't be happier! And, the integration with docusign is awesome.
My clients find it easy to work with .

It's an easy way to securely hold all of my clients documents. I LOVE that it works well with docusign. My clients find it easy to use.

If you cannot get in touch with customer service (everyone is busy!) they have FAQ's that I easily found what I was looking for!

Company Director (R.-U.)
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur

Well packaged Document Management System, well presented!

Commentaires : Overall, I have been very impressed by SmartVault. I was using Office 365 Business and was fed up that Sharepoint kept falling over for clients - I had set it up as groups to move documents around as I provide payroll services, but often I would get an email from the client saying not received or can't access. SmartVault integration has been very easy and clients have embraced - I think that for many it looks like IE tree set up for navigating makes it easier and that a desktop version is available for their use - a feature taken away by Microsoft - they feel they have greater control too. The current global pandemic has meant that the software has been a god send in maintaining client relations and service provision. I am pleased to have moved over and would recommend.

- Very user friendly and easy to navigate - Easy to set up and invite clients and give the appropriate access according to their status i.e. full for the company director down to folder or file specific - Easy to upload documents and great that it has a desktop version in addition to the online version. Clients like the Apple integration and the fact it works happily with MAC's as comfortably as non-MAC Windows PC's - Good support, though confusing when you get a US number for someone who lives in India to assist! - I'm a UK based company - Free set up and training assistance including full run through of the software - Unlimited Companies - Free access for clients - Templates for Accounts/Payroll etc save a lot of time for setting up year on year

- Integration with Outlook - this is hit and miss if it works and mine doesn't meaning I can't link email in - have been advised it is due to not having the full office suite, though I have and it still wouldn't integrate - A little expensive compared to other products, but it was best fit for the business

Mila
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés

Only document storage and not the best one

3,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : The software is only document storage and not the best one. It is supposed to integrate with Intuit tax software (Prosystems, etc.), but if you use something different (I am on CCH), you are out of luck. Customer service is horrible and not worth the time you spend contacting them. Please read my Cons section for more impressions.

They promise many good features, but only a few of them actually work.

I was originally on the tax-pro subscription for $360/year for several years. They canceled the tax-pro plans and charged my credit card $112 just for the month of November. It is almost four times the price and not something I would pay for this software. The change of plan was not communicated clearly, the specific date of change was not communicated at all, and now customer service tells me that refunds are outside of their policy even though I cancelled SmartVault immediately. There are more cons than pros to this software. My customers were receiving upload notifications after a three-week delay, which created a lot of confusion. The software was not intuitive to the customers. Individual files had to be made accessible to them even when uploaded to an already accessible folder, which was a complete waste of time and another source of frustration. Sometime last year, SmartVault had a hiccup and resorted our filing system, e.g., files from 2017 folders were randomly moved to different folders, etc. DocuSign integration worked in about 30% of the time; in most cases, I would get a file error and go directly to the DocuSign website, which defeats the purpose of this integration. I had contacted customer service for each of these issues and received no help. They now require a minimum two licenses regardless of whether you are a single-member firm.

Christos
Accountant (R.-U.)

Wouldn't use anything else

Commentaires : We are operating a paperless office and everything in the cloud, this is eco friendly as paper waste is minimal. Also all data is securely stored in a cloud so we do not have to worry about backups .

Possibly the most seamless cloud-based solution for accountants. There are a few ways to work with SmartVault depending on your circumstances, these are the portal itself, Connected Desktop and SmartVault Drive. All can be used from your main PC. SmartVault Portal You can use the portal in a web browser, this is fantastic if you are on the move and away from your usual machine when you need to access documents and all you need is an internet connection. Connected Desktop This would be used from your PC, this is where you can do tasks such as sending password protected documents, links to documents, or get documents signed by clients. SmartVault Drive This is simply a mapped drive from the cloud to your PC, it is so simple to use, where you can access files drag and drop documents in seconds. One of the most important pros is the use of 2 Factor Authentication as this does hold client records and data.

Only con I have found, when getting documents signed by DocuSign using SmartVault, if you select one document to sign, then drag and drop other documents, only the original selected documents get updated in SmartVault, and then you have to update the signed documents manually via drag and drop.

Réponse de l'équipe de SmartVault

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for your review Christos! Great to hear you're finding SmartVault easy and seamless to use. I'll pass along your drag and drop issue to our developer team :) -The SmartVault Team

Mickele
Owner/Operator (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Not worth the effort or price

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Even though I have had issues with the software and it does not meet all of my needs I likely would have renewed had they honored the agreement made when I signed up. You are required to have a minimum of 2 licenses and the agent I worked with was able to waive that requirement and I agreed to use the software as opposed to going with a different provider. They have now decided to unilaterally enforce the 2 licenses even though I was told my pricing would be locked in as long as I remained a customer. So due to the price, because it does not contain premium features, and the lack of integrity I would not recommend this software to anyone.

I like that the software does what it is supposed to (securely stores documents) but there aren't too many bells and whistles and a lot of it is very manual to do. I also like the DocuSign integration.

There are a lot of features missing and since they are now doubling the cost it is definitely not worth it. There is no way to securely request files from clients who do not have an account. They just barely added a document request feature which I will not be trying since I am not renewing. It is not intuitive to use for my clients and it does not integrate with my tax software. There is a feature to send tax organizers to all of your clients which would be useful if I could upload a template but that is not an option.

Maria
Tax preparer (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Good service but it has become prohibited for a solo tax practitioner.

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : After the initial learning curve, it worked fine. It's a secure and efficient way to exchange and store client documents. The only reason why I didn't renew it is that the plan I was using was discontinued and I was put in a plan that had a minimum of 2 users. I was going to start paying 3 times more than the previous year's fee. They did some improvements but I didn't need those.

It is robust, well structured and secure.

I had a couple of glitches, I couldn't login in my account, and it was scary. I resolved it after a few days, trying many other things, including contacting customer support. I cleared the cache in my browser and I had access again. It was a steep learning curve for me. I was used to another client portal that had a modern look and this one looked a little outdated.

Dawn
CEO (É.-U.)

Reliable and Secure

Commentaires : I love the integrations. I cannot say enough about their vision to continue to improve it's interface. This is a super cost effective way for me to operate my tax practice as well as the work I do with other clients.

I love that SmartVault can integrate with other software applications I use. The security that SmartVault brings to the table is critical to the protection of my clients data. This application fits perfectly with my suite of other applications and I can count on it remaining secure.

The website times out too often. Maybe I am not aware of being able to extend the time-out but that is definitely something that needs to improve. I also would like to see improvements in the mobile application.

Kristi

Much to learn

Commentaires : I mainly use SmartVault for storing and sharing financial reports and other files that need to be safely sent to/from my clients. The user interface is professional looking and a step up from what I was using. At some point I need to take the time to meet with someone and really gain a better understanding of how some of the features work.

It is great for securely sharing financial reports.

There is a pretty big learning curve to the software.

Steve
Steve
President (É.-U.)

Smooth link to Lacerte but could use improvement on links to clients

Commentaires : Integration with Lacerte and cloud storage. Does provide one place to receive documents from clients, send documents to client and share documents within our team.

What I like most is the direct link to Lacerte tax software. Employees can send a return or any form from Lacerte with only one click.

Sending documents to clients seems inefficient - for example the only way to send more than one document is via a "link" or password encrypted email - would like ability to select multiple documents from different folders and send by email link, not just passwords.

Christine
staff accountant (É.-U.)

Smartvault review

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall it is efficient for sharing files, but beyond that it could do better. Other software offer more features and accessibility.

It is nice that files can be sorted into folders. Also, it is very easy to maneuver through the software. This is a great software for sharing secure files with clients. There is an document trail so that is a positive.

I hate you cannot edit a document directly in the software. It also is inconvenient that I cannot send comments to the uploader.

Brianna
Office Manager (É.-U.)

Great Product!

SmartVault is a great product. We have total confidence that when we print a document from our accounting software into SmartVault that it will be there. Once and awhile an employee may accidentally delete a document (human error happens) and we love the ability to retrieve docs from the recycle bin! Total confidence is a good feeling when dealing with important information.

There isn't anything that would deter me from referring it to a friend.

Stacey

So Glad to be Paperless

Commentaires : My experience has been great. Set up went good and it was pretty easy to use

All my files are available to me no matter where I am working from. Has saved our butts during covid

Sometimes it is hard to get through to support when working long tax session hours

Edward
Owner/CPA (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Clumsy/confusing to use, and SmartVault will screw you on the way out the door.

1,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : Low end portal service that clients found difficult to use, and which we found more difficult to integrate into our business model as a document management system than we felt should be necessary.

I had high hopes for the platform. Clients found it difficult to use. It did provide a marginal level of flexibility for small clients/individuals. Larger clients had higher expectations than what was provided.

The pricing has become ridiculous in comparison to what is received. Price has doubled year to year??? Great punchline to this joke. SmartVault's cancellation policy is morally void. After getting hit with an unexpected doubling in cost year to year (after a significant increase the year before), I was informed on my renewal date that I could cancel my subscription and lose all access to the account, but SmartVault's policy was NOT to refund anything for the year subscription that they charged to my credit card, even though I would not have access to the service for the year. What a crock. SmartVault is an expensive, marginal portal service that is designed for the lower end of the market and set up to screw you on the way out. Beware.

Kimberly
Office Manager (É.-U.)

We are please with Smart Vault

Smart Vault allows us to securely provide tax information, payroll information, reports, etc. to our clients and employees working from home. It has been a wonderful tool to share information with our clients during these difficult times. Most clients find it easy to upload their documents. No more worry of their information getting lost in the mail.

Still learning some of the features, not sure if it is Smart Vault or because we just don't have the time to dig into learning the program completely.

Megan
Associate Accountant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés

SmartVault revolutionized our accounting practice

Commentaires : Our firm loves this software. It has made our business work more efficiently and therefore generated more money since we've purchased the software.

The software makes it possible to asses our firm and client documents, safely and securely, from anywhere . It has saved our firm hours of time each week and has made our systems and processes smooth and more efficient.

Some aspects of the software are outdated and I wish the company integrated with other programs such as Zapier and Outlook.

Susan
CEO (É.-U.)

Smartvault Rocks!

I love Smartvault, I've used it now for 3 years to track bookkeeping, payroll, taxes and tax planning. It works great for me, check out the new view they just added. Pretty great!

I wish when you add something or try to open a folder it would go faster. This is a little frustrating.

Karina
Receptionist (É.-U.)

No Cons, Just Pros!

Commentaires : It is great for important document storage. Easy to function, manage documents and share with clients as well.

Its storage is what I liked the most and the fact that it's so easy to manage and get access to certain folders.

So far so good, there are no cons from my personal experience.

Jonathan
Accountant (É.-U.)

SmartVault

Easy for clients to access and upload documents.

Load times to find clients and pull up documents. The program does not seem to auto-refresh very well when a new document is uploaded and a lot of the time the refresh button does not fix the issue.

Megan
Staff Accountant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés

Great document management system!

Pros: Good file management structure set up to keep everything organized and allow adding new files when necessary!

Cons: Copying and renaming files within the same folder sometimes causes the system to lag.

Director (R.-U.)

SmartVault - Indispensable

Commentaires : The team at SmartVault provided a straightforward and efficient onboarding process with follow up training and assistance. Can't fault them!

Prior to using this solution I used a variety of cloud storage providers along with some other applications, SmartVault brought everything together and provides a step closer to a paperless office.

Nothing causes concern and everything works well.

Larry
Partner (É.-U.)

Great Product

Commentaires : This is exactly the way we want our portal to work

Using the portal to send secure emails to clients

It's sometimes difficult if you have the same name clients

Cristi
Senior Tax Associate (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés

Very happy with this product

Commentaires : 5 out of 5

The software is user friendly, easy and effective. I like the folders.

I am not involved in the pricing but I think it may be expensive

ginny
Manager (É.-U.)

Great product for security

Commentaires : Excellent product for client security when multiple documents are being sent back & forth
Integration with other software that we use is important

Product is easy to use and secure for clients I like that you can send a direct link to documents Search option is on any portion of name

We currently don't use all features, so can't comment

Anne
CPA (É.-U.)

Smartvault - Excellent Purchase

Commentaires : This interactive secure portal has been a lifesaver with the increased use of electronic data transfer. It has saved us money by no longer needing to snail mail paper copies or to password encrypt secure email attachments. Provides an excellent, secure means to share tax preparation documents between our firm and our clients!

This is very easy to use software for both our office staff and for our clients. Provides high level of confidence on the security of the tax information stored in Smartvault.

I like everything about this software! There is nothing that I find to dislike!

Joe
Joe
Accountant (R.-U.)

Good, simple software

I like the ease of use and document management features of SmartVault. I also use the template folders that somebody in SmartVault set up for us at the start.

The integration with Taxcalc. We need this to make the software more streamline. Hopefully this will be there soon.