15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Valant EHR Suite

En savoir plus sur Valant EHR Suite

La suite de dossier médical partagé et de gestion de cabinet de Valant dédiée à la santé comportementale offre aux cliniciens des outils permettant d'améliorer les soins aux patients et d'augmenter les revenus.

En savoir plus sur Valant EHR Suite

I think this particular software is a good value for the money, it does have glitches and there are things that I have not received a satisfactory answer for, but overall, it is a good program.

Initially, it was difficult to use. Once the team made some much needed updates and I was able to learn the new interface, I actually prefer valant.io to the other system.

Valant EHR Suite - Notes

4,0
4,0
3,9
3,8

Valant EHR Suite a reçu une note globale de 4,1 étoiles sur 5 d'après 280 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Valant EHR Suite ?

Shannon
Shannon
CEO (É.-U.)

Great Move to a new EHR

Commentaires : The reports are incredible. It also allows my staff to complete comprehensive notes in minutes rather than hours.

The customer service is incredible. The program is intuitive and able to handle multiple functions. With the onboarding staff you can customize the options to fit your practice needs.

Large learning curve but completely worth it.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Shannon. We enjoy working with you and your practice!

Carly
Outpatient Therapist (É.-U.)

Expensive for solo practices

Commentaires : Customer service was slow to respond and/or didn't respond at all. It takes some getting used to. Valant was a functional ERA but it was too "much" for me being a solo provider which resulted in it being too expensive.

Billing was easy. It auto-posts ERA. They offer the ability to customize note templates. Valant offers reminders either through text or email.

For a solo practice it was expensive and offered a lot of features a solo provider doesn't need. The treatment plan tool wasn't as smooth as I thought it would be. It took a lot of time to setup and complete the training before using. The cost of Valant is separate from the cost of using a clearing house.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you for your feedback, Carly. We appreciated having you as a customer and genuinely hope you are able to find a solution that better fits your needs.

Cheryl
Psychiatrist (É.-U.)
Médecine douce, Auto-entrepreneur

Almost zero customer service and very difficult to use.

1,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Unspeakably bad. If I hadn't wasted so much time and money on it already, I would not be using it.

Nothing. A special word should be invented specifically to describe how frustrating this EHR is.

No customer service whatsoever. When you make an appointment, they don't show up, and this happens repeatedly. Extremely difficult to use. Paying for essentially nothing, because it is not usable.

Amelia
Clinic Director (É.-U.)
Psychologie, 51–200 employés

Valant Review from AGMc

4,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Valant has been glitchy since we started using it as a practice. Granted, it has improved over the course of the past year, but I would have preferred that the glitches have been worked through ahead of our use of it instead of our practice being "the guinea pig" for it. Customer support has been pretty good about responding to tickets and offering assistance, but it is still frustrating when the response that I get is the tech team hasn't been able to duplicate the issue and to reach back out when it happens again.

Schedule building is easy and looking into client charts is easy.

There are too many tabs in the therapy progress notes that don't apply to therapists using the platform. The intake document is too long and clients don't want to complete it, which means therapists are going into intakes with no client history, no understanding about why the client is coming for therapy, and having to gather all of that information in one hour. I dislike that Valant automatically takes you to a different screen when you click from, say Dashboard to Scheduler, instead of just opening a new window. The treatment plan tool is too involved and most therapists on my team don't want to use it.

Meghan
Director of patient relations (É.-U.)
Psychologie, 2–10 employés

We love Valant!

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : We love the secure message feature. Another feature we rely on are the automated appointment reminders. Our patients heavily rely on them too.

This is a very user friendly platform. I'm not the most computer savvy person, and the knowledge base is a fantastic resource if I ever need a refresher on how to do anything. Valant is always coming out with upgrades and new features that continue to effectively help with time saving, patient relations etc.

The hold times to get through to someone over the phone for help can be quite long. Fortunately, a lot of information can be found in the knowledge base, but sometimes you need to speak to an agent and the hold times can be excessive.

Jolene
Billing Manager (É.-U.)
Services à la personne et aux familles, 11–50 employés

Truly Better Than Most

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : The overall experience has been great. I have used many medical and mental health billing platforms and this has been the best so far.

Valant has a user friendly interface, incredibly easy to use, and we can keep everything right here in the system. Customer service is great and easy to work with when anything is needed.

That you must purchase another system for claims managment. That can become super expensive and difficult moving between both systems.

Georgina
CEO (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur

Great to start

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : As a solo practice I am able to add providers or support staff easily at a cost of course, billing has not been the best but they use Change health which has its own problems, This is a great starter EHR which is growing and keeps upgrading so I have not changed in hopes of more upgrades like reports that are useful

I find it east to use, the finished notes look good and read well, macros work well, the new patient portal looks very professional, lots of upgrades in the past year, customer service has improved, enjoy the training videos

cost continues to go up, new features cost more if you want to use them, there are delays and bugs when new upgrades happen which can be disruptive to workflow,

GLENDA
INTAKE SPECIALIST (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51–200 employés

I AM SORRY TO GO!

5,0 il y a 2 mois

I LEARNED THE SYSTEM FAIRLY QUICK. IT SEEMED TO BE USER FRIENDLY. I AM SORRY TO SEE YOU GUYS LEAVE.

I DID NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IT TOOK YEARS FOR US TO GET TO THE POINT WHERE IT WAS FULLFILLING OUR NEEDS.

Doreen
Nurse Practitioner (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51–200 employés

Good and bad

4,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : It's better than what we had but I wonder if people who actually see patients and use it were in on development. It could be much better

Encourages a more complete note which supports higher billing code.

Intake template missing important things like tobacco use and trauma history but way over-emphasizes drug use history. There is no blank note to add a narrative note after a phone call or incident. Missing ICD 10 codes, treatment plans do not address what Medical staff does. CPT billing codes missing.

Matthew
President and Sole Provider (É.-U.)

Essential to my practice

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : I'm satisfied with it enough to select this for my use in my solo venture, and selected Valant for how I manage my practice.

I had learned Valant years ago, before their I/O product went live, with another practice. This present iteration addressed all of the quirks that the prior version had that makes using it for the basic functions I need very easy & intuitive.

There's some features and items that exceed the scope of my practice that are part of the package, with some features being utterly underutilized. I'm not particularly crazy about paying an annual subscription ON TOP OF monthly service fees.

Nicki
Nurse Practitioner/practice owner (É.-U.)
Psychologie, 2–10 employés

WARNING: Do Not Choose This EHR

Commentaires : If it wasn't such a tremendous undertaking to switch EHR's, I would have already stopped using Valant. The only thing good about this EHR at this point is being able to send clinical measures to patients.

I liked the clinical measures that can be sent to patients prior to each visit.

This EHR has gone through multiple changes trying to be better and it has progressively gotten worse over the years. Most recently, we had to switch the entire platform to the IO version. The new version is like a beta test site. The most problematic area is the billing feature. We are consistently having to contact support to let them know the issues that we are finding and are repeatedly told that they know and are working on it. My office staff has wasted numerous hours on the phone with customer support. Then we end up having to go back into the old system to fix the issues that were created by the new platform. From a provider perspective, trying to document has been a nightmare in the new platform too. This software isn't 2015 certified either which has resulted in problems with one of our payers. We have encountered too many problems to list.

Kyle
Physician (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 2–10 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

The Best Mental Health EMR - Bar None!

Commentaires : Excellent!

It allows me to focus more on patient care and not wasting too much time on documentation. I absolutely love Valant and there support team. It’s been a great 10+ years and it just keeps getting better. Thanks

There have been a few minor issues over the years but they always fix/improve them.

Susan
Practice Owner (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, Auto-entrepreneur

Disappointed

Commentaires : My experience had been initially positive. However, the lack of facile customer service or upgrades has been disappointing. There are now other EHRs that are very competitively priced and allow for forms to be developed, and provide more ready access to customer service. My greatest concern is the fact that once the contract ends, all records are out of access. I had been exploring alternative options, but discovered that I would not be able to contract with Valant for less than a year of service. This meant that I had to choose - would I be without access to my files at all, or would I pay for a year of service. There was no negotiation and no options were made possible. I am now very concerned about what happens to records when I retire. I had been pleased that there would be a secure repository for my patient records (I have had a Valant account for 6 years and was an early adopter for a small practice). I find that I am now going to be VERY aggressive in finding and preparing for a migration a year from now to prevent the need to continue to be essentially held hostage as I feel currently. This situation is both unfortunate and unnecessary. It is frankly not the cost of the EHR that will cause me to move on, but the lack of concern for my needs or the needs of the patients I treat. I had honestly not expected this. I live in Seattle, work locally and had wanted to support a local start-up. I had anticipated a very different experience.

The positives of this software includes the standardized assessments and the inclusion of the necessary elements for both assurance that liability standards are met and billing standards are complete. I also like that the charts and e-prescribing can be accessed on my mobile phone.

1. Customer service is far less than one would expect given the cost of this program. Lack of ability to actually talk with a customer service person directly, rather than rely on emails that are really not responsive to the questions posed. 2. Lack of user friendliness to operate the patient portals. 3. Once an active contract ends, the data that I had anticipated would be in secure storage, is no longer accessible to me in any way without having paid Valant for assistance to migrate it. This is quite different from what initial marketing had described. It means that once the contract ends - for example retirement, that files may not be accessible unless additional measures are taken. This means that the lifetime data storage is really not very meaningful or helpful over time.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Susan, Thank you for your feedback. We read all these reviews and take your feedback seriously. Here's some clarification about your concerns. 1. Valant phone support is available to all our customers M-F 6:00am-5:00pm PT and we have recently added additional support agents to decrease wait times. 2. Major enhancements to our patient portal are coming in the second half of 2019. 3. When a contract ends customers can export their data using tools built into the EHR or with the help of our support team. Valant returns data to our customers at their request at the end of a contract and does not charge for this service. Cheers, -Valant Team

Christianne
Practice manager (É.-U.)

I would NOT recommend Valant

Commentaires : I have been a practice manager for a psychotherapy practice since 1998. I have worked with 3 different practice management softwares. My practice switched to Valant in 2014 because we wanted to go web-based. I have had issues with them from the start. The reporting is not very good. We are not able to run accurate reports of % collected per month. When you run an aging report it shows the full charge balance but not the expected amount owed based on the fee schedule. Once the appointments are saved they become separate from the transaction so if a change is made in the appointment is is not updated in the transaction automatically. This has caused many billing errors. There is not a copy from bottom to copy patient demographics to the responsible party or to the subscriber or to another family member. Therefore you have to re-enter the address, phone #s and insurance information when entering other family members. It does not have a zip code library so that when you enter the zip code it automatically filled in city and state. If you enter in an authorization after a client has been seen it doesn't not count down based on the sessions you attach it to so you have to remember to count down manually. We initially used the patient portal but stopped using it because the patient forms were not customizable therefore we had to upload our paper forms onto the portal and the patients ended up having to print them out anyways. I know that it is possible to do all of these things because our old software Therapist Helper has these features. They just are not web-based yet.
I have sent my suggestions to Valant customer service however they keep telling me that they are not able to make significant changes to the software but they will keep it mind. They also have been saying that they are working on another version of the software so their focus is on creating the new software instead of fixing the current software.
The customer support was decent and the tech support reps usually know what they are talking about and are able to fix any issues that we have (other than the above issues). The electronic billing works pretty good and ERAs are easy to apply.

-electronic claims submission -ERAs

-reports (not enough accurate reports) -patient portal (not customizable) -patient demographics (not customizable) -appointments & transactions do not update each other

William
President (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 11–50 employés

THIS IS THE EMR TO USE if you're in Behavioral Healthcare

Commentaires : Excellent experience. COVID provided unique challenges that effected everyone, but since the adoptions of out of office workflows and how Valant accommodates and facilitates everything has been great

Total functionality of having everything in one place. Billing, Portal functions, implementation of VBC and outcome measures and rating scales. Valant's integrated Outcome Measures have allowed us to increase our insurance reimbursements more than 20% using 96127 as an add on code. I couldn't really use 96127 without Valant's functionality. Additionally, the ability to share outcome measure data directly with patients have helped us increase patient adherence to medication and treatment plans, translating to more opportunities for more patients. As a result of our increased reimbursement rate, my Prescribers all get paid more via their % split and I can afford to pay a higher tier salary to my therapists - ALL OF WHICH HELPS RETAIN MY PROVIDERS b/c I'M PAYING THEM HIGHER THAN MARKET ANNUAL PAY. RE: Documentation - Therapists at our practice, prior to Valant, would take 1.5 hours to write up an intake note, now our Therapists can complete their intake note in 25-30 minutes, because the intake questionnaires and screeners populate directly from Valant's portal (where the clients complete their intake forms) into the intake note. When my therapists open their intake note, many of the sections are prepopulated - so my therapists NO LONGER HAVE TO REGURGITATE CONTENT FROM INTAKE FORMS INTO THEIR INTAKE NOTE. Valant does this for me automatically. No Show Rates have dropped significantly due to Valant's Messaging Tool. RE: Claims - we have greater than 99% success rate

Only one thing, There are some bugs in the telehealth that need some ironing out. I understand there's new functionality being released in July '22. Look forward to that.

Tricia
Professional Counselor (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Difficult to navigate; difficult to get support

Commentaires : Unfortunately Valant has caused more problems than it has solved.

I don't find any pros about this software. It has no features that I use that any other software wouldn't have so it doesn't set itself apart, in my experience with it.

Customer support services are typically met with "we don't offer that" or "we can't help you with that." You get different answers depending on what support person you talk to. Often times the most effective way for the system to work is not discovered until we have a problem and then we're told about how we can get it to function properly...why doesn't it function properly to begin with? Navigating through the screens is cumbersome. Getting any kind of information requires generating tedious reports which takes multiple steps to do. The appointment reminder feature is ineffective at times as it still sends an appointment reminder if you have a code in the appointment i.e. you change the code to a cancelled but it still sends an appointment reminder. This has caused confusion for patients and staff. If you make a mistake and select a progress note template you didn't want, you can't deselect it so you have to use that template even though you don't want it. It has malfunctioned several times and appointments were lost or randomly placed on the schedule on incorrect days and times with the wrong providers. This caused great confusion with over 25 appointments lost and a whole day with the doctor not knowing who was coming in.

MD, Psychiatrist & Owner (É.-U.)

Tried Another EMR - Realized Valant is BEST in CLASS

5,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : Great support. Good pricing.

Facilitates session documentation in a way that other systems try to do but do not for practicing Psychiatrist.

There were a couple outages that I was frustrated with. So I tried another system. Valant has since solved all the outage issues and improved patient portal functionality. When I tried and looked at other systems, I realized how robust and comprehensive Valant is for my Psychiatry practice needs.

Elizabeth
Director of Operations (É.-U.)
Psychologie, 11–50 employés

Easy to use and customizable to your practice

The Valant software is easy to use for our administrative staff, psychologists, and psychiatrists. As a behavioral health software, it allows our practice to run smoothly and efficiently. Valant allows our practice to set up clients, manage client medical records, bill clients and insurance companies, process insurance EOB's, customize note templates that are tailored to our practice, create reports (patient aging, insurance aging, productivity, charges, client lists, etc.), an online portal system for statements, etc. From the scheduler tool, there is an option to provide appointment reminder calls, emails, and/or texts which our clients find very helpful. The support team is also excellent. They are quick to respond, very knowledgeable, and helpful. Our practice is also able to send out outcomes monitoring to our clients on a frequent basis, which allows our clinicians to easily track client progress.

Valant currently uses Silverlight for their software, but they are working on changing this very soon so our office won't be limited to specific web browsers.

Rachel
staff (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 11–50 employés

Valant

3,0 il y a 7 mois

It's easy to learn and teach to new people.

There are soo many issues. 1) the dob should be on every page along with the name. 2) There is no way to apply credit to a different date of service 3) There seem to be a lot of "bugs" or "glitches" that don't really get fixed - we call with problems and a ticket is written, but the problem is not really resolved or fixed. The people are very nice and polite that I talk to, but the people who actually do the coding that should be fixing the issues don't really take care of the issues. 4) also, when we call with issues like the program is running slowly, we are told that it's because everyone is running end of the month programs. That seems to be the go-to. It frequently runs slowly throughout the month. and no one seems to be able to fix this.

Kendra
Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (É.-U.)

Valant Review

4,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : Overall, I am satisfied with Valant. I would be completely satisfied with the implementation of the aforementioned changes.

The documentation, billig and scheduling is efficient. Receipt of ERA's and the ability to automatically apply payments is time saving. Reports are useful.

With regard to reports, start AND end date options would be helpful (productivity reports). I do not like recent changes made to the diagnosis screen (ICD vs. DSM to search for codes) this has made it more time consuming for mental health providers used to DSM codes. Also, the inability to apply a credit card payment for insurance payments similar to how you can with patient payments is frustrating.

Mark
É.-U.
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Reliable software, but outdated interface and surpassed in features by competitors.

Commentaires : I have used Valant for almost 3 years and I am considering moving to a different EHR system. I have been told a complete redesign is in the works, however, they offer no details, time table or roadmap. Here are some of my thoughts Pros:
The claims submission/reporting process is very reliable and easy and the primary reason I still use them. The online measures are very good and helpful although many of them have bugs. Pricing is OK. Customer service is fantastic and their training is excellent. They will have you up and running quickly.
Cons:
It is primarily oriented towards psychiatrists, so many of the templates and features a focused on psychiatrists, not psychologists or therapists. Many of the other features have bugs, limited usefulness and the program is slow and the interface is very outdated and inconsistent. In many ways it reminds of of Windows 98, that is how outdated it is. The mobile notes feature is cumbersome and has no ability to customize it to your usage; the calendar syncs one-way only with external calendars so you must log in to Valant to make changes; reminders only work in the Valant system and only remind you on the dashboard with a note (there are no reminders at all really and they must be tied to a client so you can't add reminders for things that are not directly related to a client which requires you to maintain two separate calendars); the "mobile" application is little more than a webpage with basic information in a text format, it's is not designed for mobile devices, the interface is horrible and looks and functions as if it is 15 years out of date and has little functionality, it is more of an afterthought; you can't customize mobile notes templates or choose which ones you want to use, whenever you use a mobile note you are blasted by 30 different tabs 25 of which won't apply to therapists and which makes a confusing and messy experience; claims processing is expensive (.60/claim by my calculations) and the competition is charging between .14 and .25.
In general most of the basic features you need are there and work, but they are frustrating at times and lack many additional features that are natural to need. My primary concern is after 2+ years there has been little change in the software and the value is being reduced as they are falling behind in features and functionality.

Stephen
owner (É.-U.)

outstanding product, outstanding company

Commentaires : Great company, great product. Very satisfied.

One of the best decisions I ever made. I chose Valant way back in 2013 because it was web-based and had an integrated suite of functions, and because it was the company was founded by a psychiatrist, so he'd know what we psychiatrists most needed. The system has truly exceeded my expectations in almost every way. The company constantly works to keep it up to date, tech assistance is prompt and always helpful, and in general it's a beautiful, well-designed system.

Only two minor complaints: 1. The system's "mobile notes" documentation module keeps improving, but it's not yet fully customizable. You can't yet custom-design your own pages. 2. The company rolled out a new version called "IO" recently that's a nice improvement -- but the IO version's scheduler seems much less intuitive, so I'm still using the older version.

Jacob
President (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2–10 employés

Valant Review

4,0 il y a 7 mois

I like that it is all in one for scheduling, billing, and documentation.

Customer service is wonderful once you get a hold of them, but hold times are too long.The prospective patient feature is a great idea, but needs work.I have connectivity issues with Valant on a regular basis, but I can go to other web sites without trouble at that same time.I’d like for prospective patients to be able to schedule appointments directly into providers’ schedules, pending provider approval.I’d like Valant to add a couples and a families mechanic. Right now there is no graceful way to facilitate this work.

Susan
psychiatrist (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 201–500 employés

Worthless piece of crap

Commentaires : Today I cannot access ANY thing on Valant - the patients phone numbers to call them, the names of the patients I will be losing an entire day of income and good will thanks to them, I would use ANYTHING but Valantl Run the other way!

None. It breaks down ALL the time, the wait times on customer support are hours.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy. The quality is terrible, it breaks down at least once a month, it's impossible to order labs or get results without also having to print it out and send it to the patient. It doesn't just go into quests system. Dr. First is abominable and cumbersome. It is almost impossible and takes about 5 steps to see all the meds that you wrote at the last visit. You have to constantly represcribe each med individually as it won't let you prescribe old meds in groups when they have decided they have expired - though you said you would

Noelle
Practice Manager (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 2–10 employés

Valant gets 5 Stars

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : I continue to recommend Valant to medical practices, because it is able to manage the day to day office procedures in one software as well as integrating well with other software vendors like Dr. First. I like the fact that as a Practice Admin, I can log in with a separate login, and train or simply manage only the details that are important to the provider.

Valant is a comprehensive EMR/Accounting software for medical practices.

Valant continues to improve its interface and phone app.