Best software for internal and external email communication

Publié le 07/12/2018
Anita S.
Coach
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love using kayako as it has been the best communication platform which not only allows me to communicate but also provides me reports on any urgent email that I need to act on immediately which saves me from delayed tasks and replies.
Since we switched from outlook to kayako software for inter-team and client communication, kayako has provided the best communication platform which allowed us to to have an organized, easy to refer to and not only use but also can view any sent/received email from any location via any device.

Avantages: Kayako has been the best communication platform for professional communication that I have used so far. Kayako is recommended for both inter-team and external - client communication. The best feature of kayako is that it allows you to organize your emails into folder based on departments, status and the nature of the email content.
Also using other type of email platforms has been a worry at times and time consuming when trying to find all the back and forth communication happened on one email thread by multiple people, but kayako provides the best solution by capturing all the communication happened on one subject/email which is sent and received by one or many, in the same email thread which we call a "Ticket"
Interface of kayako can be designed and created as per the user's requirement and preference.
Also referring to an email has been very convenient as each ticket carries its own unique Ticket ID.
It also provides reports on emails based on its nature. ex: overdue, received within 24hrs and etc based on rules we set which allows to the user to be more organized, effective and proactive.

Inconvénients: Understanding and using the software is essential as it doesn't function like other email platforms but has its own organized interface. Inter team communication The software is mainly build for professional communication however I wish it could have few other options like adding colors, tables and etc but apart from that no other cons to mention.

Kayako Classic (On-Premise) is a solution that covers all areas of support and more.

Christian M.
Director Technical Support
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Customer Service Improvements resulting in winning a German Golden Stevie Award 2018.

Avantages: It covers many areas of daily conversation handling activities: Ticket, Incident, Problem, and Complaint handling situations. If the basics do not suffice, custom fields and tracking options help iron out missing pieces. It contains a Knowledgebase that allows you to record Articles and information. Survey system (very handy for Event-Driven Surveys); Reporting options and quick access to tickets. One of the KEY FEATURES is that the tool is FAST and keeps a focus on the work area for staff, rather cluttering everything with detail fields. Finally, the web-interface is fully customizable and very useful in granting options to access the conversation handling tool. Did I mention Kayako Services being great in helping to resolve questions and issues when contacted? They do this very well!

Inconvénients: It lacks a few items that I wish would be included (software is always under constant development, and Kayako customer service is very responsive and friendly): proper comprehensive auditing when tickets are handled (like automatically submitted communications recorded with date and time); Complaint Handling structures based on tickets; improved linkages between tickets (though possible it is not done in a single click); KBA link to tickets; Reporting is nice though it lacks options to customize charts, colors and the way detail can be presented (formatting through configuration rather customization). Another drawback in a recent release is that a lot of browser cell padding has been introduced causing the display of elements unnecessarily spread out across a regular HD monitor. Luckily this can be customized using CSS injection or system-wide CSS manipulation.

it works but required a lot of enhancements to make it work proper for us

Publié le 26/06/2018
Olav S.
Lead Engineer Support
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Getting us closer to our customers and helping them solving their problems. Kayako delivered that base functionality and more at the time we switched from one of the Atlassian products (2012). Since than we have enhanced to improve out internal workflows. However, there is a lot we would like to see in the near future to shorten ticket work time and able to switch to customer self managment / help for the simple stuff. The more we can get out of the core / base functionality the better it is for us which requires real commitment. Btw. Industry selection is missing Enterprise software or similar.

Avantages: As we use Kayako for a long time (since 2012?) you get used to it which makes it difficult answer. Thinking about it stability comes into mind. Beside usual software bugs our system is very stable and reliable and doesn't need much maintenance. We like the new UI that came with classic 4.90 as it gives a modern look. From the feature perspective ticket management works very well for us in general but there isn't a particular feature to high light.

Inconvénients: In first place we are missing the commitment for Kayako classic. Nothing has happened since two years (going to cloud announcement). However, this might change now. There are a lot of things that can be improved like Knowledge Base, File management, workflow, troubleshooting, etc. Back porting some of the new cloud features would be also much appreciated team collaboration, one workflow, etc. Lastly a much better and faster context aware search would help us a lot.
All of this has recently discussed with our new Kayako contacts.

Good choice although there are some problems.

Publié le 22/08/2018
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: There are so many helpdesk systems, Kayako has been our selected one, but we are still looking for better choice.

Avantages: 1- Beautiful user interface.
2- It Supports all activities in a helpdesk process.
3-14 days free trial
4-Good localization, so you can add your own translations to (just) on-premise version

Inconvénients: 1- When you are Kayako admin and at the same time one of the staffs (Agent), you have to switch so many times between Admin / Staff panel to do your tasks. sometimes it makes me confused because knowing which setting is in admin panel and which one is in staff(Agent) panel sometimes is difficult.
2-I can say that Kayako is designed for too many clients for a limited number of services. If you have too many services each of them assigned to a client, Using Kayako would be difficult (But Possible). for example, you have to set permissions for widgets separately.
3-Kayako is not suitable for small teams. it requires a lot of time and effort for setting up.
4-Kayako integration and API's are limited. We couldn't integrate Kayako with our Self-Built project management and timesheet system.
5- Localization in cloud version doesn't work very well. We couldn't use Arabic in cloud version

Support makes the difference when comparing this to other competitors

Publié le 18/06/2018
Christopher B.
Director of Product Management
Support client

Commentaires: Kayako helps keep all of our customer communication centralized into a single support suite. It allows our customers to engage more frequently with self-serve help (knowledgebase), chat, and email. Kayako makes it easier for our staff to troubleshoot and resolve any issues.

Avantages: The new interface is very modern and much more exciting than the other interface. It is much faster and friendlier to use. The support is available for questions and bugs, whereas some competitors do not offer support of implementation. The price of the software is a little steep when comparing it to competitors that offer more, but being a Kayako customer for 10+ years on a perpetual license granted us a pretty steep discount that made the pricing make more sense for us.

Inconvénients: I wish they had more features such as ability to get more customer feedback which would help our product development. There are other software similar to Kayako that have a feedback component that allow users to voice their "opinions" and then other users can vote on that. I would like to see this in Kayako and have been asking for about 10 years now.

Great application, the only one with the "Follow up" feature.

Publié le 19/06/2018
Almog Y.
NOC Team Leader
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I don't get any benefits, It's just our ticketing system :)

Avantages: Customer support are great, they're really helping and I'm getting a great service.
They're answering tickets really quick as well.

Inconvénients: 1. Reports aren't that professional with the Classic Kayako, and the KQL is hard to understand, i believe that you have to make it a bit easier and user friendly. 2. I would like to upgrade to Cloud Kayako, but there is a missing feature which is highly important for me, the "Follow up" feature, this feature letting me create a trigger that will open my ticket after several minutes, this feature implanted only in the Classic Kayako. 3. From the moment you've changed your pricing method, it's a bit expensive.. and while having customers that would like to get reports (most important for them) Kayako Classic at least doesn't give the best value here, i don't know about Cloud Kayako.

Powerful System, Steep Learning Curve

Publié le 27/11/2018
Mark T.
Account Manager
Internet, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Kayako is where we manage all of our client tickets. It is great for my daily work routine and allows me to stay on top of many tasks at the same time. I have been working with it for 1.5 years and it works great for me now, but the first few months took a long time to get used to. Things are not where you would think they would be. The system is VERY customizable, however, and if you have a person that can put in the work to set the system up, it can be bent to fit your specific company needs.

Avantages: Kayako automates a lot of the communication and tracking processes for us. Since my company has put the time into setting up Kayako to meet our companies needs, I am able to focus mostly on client communication and not administrative tasks.

Inconvénients: The system is very particular about what you can and can't do. Things that seem like they would be obviously included do not exist (seeing all open tickets from an organization, for example), and must be either set up manually or gotten to in a roundabout way. Kayako also requires a steep learning curve and is not an intuitive system.

Longtime User

Publié le 24/11/2018
Website Developer, Graphic Artist & Social Media Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Excellent support system, Kayako assists us with providing great online help desk support via ticket logs and live chat to our clients.

Avantages: I like how effective Kayako's support team is. They reply in a timely manner to help fix the issues at hand. I also enjoy how easy it is to use, and allows for employees to stay on top of logged faults, tasks and other items within the system while providing detailed updates to keep the customers in the loop. Kayako has been our main helpdesk software for the past 7 years.

Inconvénients: There is not too much I don't like about Kayako, I believe their live chat incorporation to websites could use some work. It would also be perfect if they can link it to CRM as we currently have to use these separately.

It's great, but we like to be as efficient as possible, which means tabbing through everything.

Mike D.
Customer service rep.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Easy access to the emails we want, especially from Amazon.

Avantages: The look and feel. the customization options and custom insights. Filtering and suspending messages options. Ability to send all the messages we want to our inbox and not the ones we don't want.

Inconvénients: Can't tab through and select "type, priority" etc. quickly without clicking (you could in the old Kayako). Can't forward or CC a message easily. Images and attachments not perfect. A little slow.
I also can't figure out how to remove the "message sent from Kayako" signature. This should not be required since we pay for the product and it can be embarrassing when we're trying to send professional emails, so we opt out and use Outlook for those.

We have been using kayako for 8+ years and it was a great experience for customer support portal .

Publié le 23/06/2018
Wayiel B.
Team Leader
Support client

Avantages: Kayako has a modern fast interface that will guide you what queries you want to know , and the fast response from the server , also its mobile application .
Easy update the tickets , replay , attach files . Users and department managing is

Inconvénients: I was fetching a query to make csv or excel report exported for the tickets opened during last year for example , I made copy and past for all pages ! . I wonder if there is a way to export the list of critical tickets for example other than the way I used .
Also , Manual Backup was removed from the tools .
The monthly fees is high related to the dollar increasing .

so far great. good response time. Love the new installed version of Kayako. It's so much faster!!

Publié le 17/04/2018
Ernest L.
CIO
Support client

Avantages: the speed increase and the stability even though we have 100's of thousands of tickets.
I'm assuming you're using more AJAX to load content which helped to improve the speed.
I especially like the "light" design and how minimalistic the design of the site is. The focus is on speed which in return helps with speed of customer service.
Use of the LoginShare to connect with OAuth2 to allow single login ID is fantastic.

Inconvénients: somewhat complex upgrade.
technically the upgrade process is not that bad considering the sheer number of attachments in the system.

Kayako - Can be better!

Publié le 25/10/2018
Amani I.
Marketing Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using Kayako for more than five years. This has been the software we use for all internal and client communication. As mentioned earlier it is a simple tool which takes only a few times to practice, thereafter you get the hang of it. However after using other email softwares, Kayako's limitations regarding formatting, inserting images and capturing the entire thread has always been a hassle for me. Additionally we are only given admin rights to our own teams. If a ticket generated by me is moved to an internal team I do not have access for, I cannot view the updates on the ticket.

Avantages: Kayako helps me organize my tickets into as many folders I want, thus making me work on those tickets conveniently and effectively. If I am an admin or have admin access to my staff folders I can also access all of their folders to get an update on tickets. It's easy to learn and use. I love the reports feature on Kayako. We can create as many reports we want and automate them. The follow ups feature is also great to keep track of pending tasks and serves as good reminder.

Inconvénients: There are a few issues I encountered as I worked on Kayako. Kayako doesn't allow us format the font or content, so underlining, italicizing etc is not possible in an email. We cannot include images, charts or graphs in the body of the email. When you hit reply on a ticket, the original email thread is not included. So if you need to know the previous conversation, we need to copy and paste the email.

Kayako is an advance in potential customers.

Publié le 22/05/2018
Allison S.
Marketing Executive
1 001-5 000 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been able to establish better attention with potential clients within my company, in this way, it has had a better control and thus obtain better finances. Potential customers have been satisfied when we use Kayako because we serve them at any time of the day.

Avantages: The best thing about Kayako is that it has many, many ways to communicate with a potential client, and this is very important and very influential because it allows a connection with more progress and makes the client get more attention.

Inconvénients: I think you should improve a couple of things, such as prices, and customer service, the design should leave it as it is since it gives a lot of comfort and is nice, but should fix the support by 80% so that a better customer service.

I have used many Service desk systems but Kayako is the best of all

Ali K.
IT Director

Avantages: 1. Multi department integration & queues in one interface
2. Easy SQL to generate possibly any report you want
3. Full Active directory integration
4. Best of Customer service i know of.
5. The support team knows what they are talking about. The resolution to any of my issues resolve in less then 20 min
6. Staff automatically know what to do
7. Knowledge base is very helpful

Inconvénients: 1. Searching is a big pain ( Good luck searching with tags )
2. Online support require ugly desktop software

Recent price changes made it too expensive for us

Publié le 29/06/2018
Research and Teaching Assistant
Enseignement supérieur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have our helpdesk using this every day. We get very few user complaints about the ticket system itself.

Avantages: Admin tools for automatically dealing with tickets are great. Actually handling tickets is very easy, as is adding internal notes.

Inconvénients: Agent ability to search tickets is lacking. We had to make some changes to let our supervisors see every ticket message even if it is deleted by an agent.
We could never get the knowledgebase to work the way we wanted.
Sometimes it is not clear who is getting copied on any specific ticket reply.

Kayako service desk tool is one of the best service desk which am using since 2 years in current org

Nivas N.
Business Catalyst
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

Commentaires: Meeting SLA's in service delivery
MIS reports
Email to incidence with unique identity number
Tickets History

Avantages: User friendly and easy to access the reports and MIS using Kayako tool
Incidence reviews and history gathering is very useful
comparing any other current tools like freshdesk,everest .. etc, this is the best and cost effective tool.

Inconvénients: queries that needs to be written to get any customized report in the tool
Duplication of incidence where it doesnt consider FW/RE in email to incidence case
incidence reopen

Great product. Works well. Customer Support stinks.

Ed C.
Technology Support Supervisor
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Just a very nice, easy to use helpdesk service.

Avantages: Layout is nice, many great features, customize-able, good price, very easy to use, very easy to set up and implement.

Inconvénients: Customer services stinks. If anything goes technically wrong their tech support is outsourced. The workers work 9-5 so the only way to talk to them in the USA is by staying up until 2am. The tech support that you talk to during USA hours are fairly helpful with basic things but take a long time to get back to you.

It been an exciting experience and has improve customer engagement tremendously

Publié le 26/06/2018
Selorm A.
Technical Executive
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It really improved our engagements with our customer, prospects and visitors who visit our webpage on daily basics as well as seeking support and customer services.

Avantages: It's ease of use, especially with tickets creation and handling as well as tracking tickets, color categorization for easy identification of customers and prospect based.

Inconvénients: Sending attachments to customers most at times does not really go through, sometimes it has to be sent 3 or 4 times before client confirm receipt of the file

Good software for Support Desk purpose

Publié le 02/08/2018
Amit G.
Head- Product
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall experience is good. We got their support every team of their teams. On cost side they need to think through from customer perspective.

Avantages: Overall this software gives satisfaction in customer support and ticket handling. It is increasing new features day by day with new UI elements also. Its whitelabelling feature is also very good. Email parsing is also customisable which is also good one. The Knowledgebase and Troubleshooter feature also works well. Support agent can be equipped with Chat facility. Kayako have good support team which is available 24*7 which makes easy for us to implement and use this software

Inconvénients: - This software legs on HTML email parsing side which can be improved.
- On pricing part, they are charging on higher side and they needs to be competitive.

Kayako worked for us

Publié le 04/10/2018
Jon S.
Vice President of Information Technology
Matières plastiques, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We installed the On-Prem version of Kayako and for the most part were happy with its functionality and management of our help tickets.

Avantages: Kayako allowed us to manage our Help Desk while keeping costs down but still providing enough functionality to streamline our support and communication to the users.

Inconvénients: There wasn't any integration withour Scrum and Agile software tools (and it didn't have the functionality on its own) so it made it double work to move a Trouble Ticket to a Task

Kyako has been a great business changer from our Previous Software

Publié le 13/06/2018
Josh D.
Lead
13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With this software, we were no longer jumping back and forth dealing with different programs to respond to our customers. It has been great to instantly chat with our customers, respond via tickets or emails in a matter of a few seconds.

Avantages: What We love about Kayako is the chat engagements we can initiate with customers who visit our website. With the help center, customers can view our help center articles, submit tickets or reach out to us via chat. The functionality of Kayako keeps us organized and able to respond to our customers in a timely manner.

Inconvénients: A couple of things need improvement but not so much as a con. The reporting aspects of the software could be a little bit simplified. Reporting of Chat engagements and possible integration with Google Analytics would be fantastic.

Awesome platform, great service!

Publié le 21/06/2018
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Kayako provides the flexibility we need to keep engaged and communicated both with our external and internal customers. Our support departments love the simplicity and clarity of the communication, and our clients have gained a tool through which they feel close to our team. Working with Kayako has made our life easier!

Inconvénients: There are not many cons to our experience. Even as we believe that the tool might help us better integrate additional internal users to simplify the behind-the-scenes processes we have, we do believe that they way the tool is built now is great.

Effective tool for customer support

Publié le 11/05/2018
Website Developer, Graphic Artist & Social Media Manager
13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to use software, makes customer tracking, communication, and support more efficient. I use it mainly for the ticketing system to keep the company as well as the customers who log faults up to date on the status of their support ticket.

Inconvénients: As I have used many live chat software in my field, I am not too fond of the live chat ability of Kayako for websites. The implementation is not very user friendly.

We have used kayako for years now. It's very valuable to our day-to-day operations.

Brandon L.
Co-Owner/Founder
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very easy to use. Helps us track hundreds of email tickets daily.

Avantages: It's been easy to use, and makes it easy to stay on top of many different customer issues. Whenever we have had a question Kayako support is able to fix the issue quickly in real time.

Inconvénients: I really don't have a negative comment to say about the software. It's invaluable to our operation. Kayako customer support is alway able to assist quickly in real time.

Overall very satisfied , we were able to implement our SLA policy

Publié le 19/06/2018
Shlomit F.
project manager
Réseaux informatiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: visibility on our customer support service, how many tickets are opened, what is the average time of handling, how many were escalated. etc.

Avantages: it's flexibility , the option to insert macro's , the reports are really great and you can build any report you want

Inconvénients: i don''t like the new pricing program, we were one of the first customer purchased this and when needed to renew support this year we were very surprised