Avis clients sur SketchUp

par Trimble

• Service client

En savoir plus sur SketchUp

Application de dessin 2D et 3D pour visualiser, partager et planifier des projets de construction à venir.

En savoir plus sur SketchUp

614 avis affichés

Jeremy K.
Business Analyst
Divertissement, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 17/02/2019

"SketchUp is the Ultimate! "

Commentaires: I absolutely love it! I use Sketchup Pro for small projects but just love the detail I can get with the program giving me a full blown idea of what my models will look like before anything has been physically constructed.

Avantages: What can I say, the first time that I heard about Sketchup Pro was a few years back when I was developing a Haunted House attraction believe it or not. I needed a 3D modeling software that could help give me and idea of what it would be like to walk through and build it before anything was purchased. It allowed me to go through and find holes in the design plan that would have been very costly if I did not simulate it later down the road. The ease of use is so easy, any one from absolute beginner to expert level CAD designer can plug and play into Sketchup Pro! I also want to mention that it is a FUN product to use as well and the amount of features is incredible! From the 3D wear house to being able to make 3D renderings turn into 2D schematics is such an amazing feature. I have enjoyed using sketch pro so much that I have even taken a few online courses on how to become better and it makes the software my go-to for all my modeling needs. Anyone from small real estate firms, architectural and engineering businesses, down to the home haunter like myself, Sketch Up Pro is the one stop shop for all of your needs!

Inconvénients: I really enjoy Sketchup Pro so there really is not a whole lot that I can say that is a problematic about it.
The one thing that does stick out (and may be its only flaw) is the price tag attached to it for one license is a little steep. Now, even though I say that, the value and ROI of Sketchup Pro far surpasses the initial price tag. It really comes down to what you want to use it for, but no matter the case, it really is worth every penny that you pay for it!

• Publié le 17/02/2019
Timmy T.
Database Administrator
Logiciels, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 12/06/2020

"Advanced Software for 3-D Rendering Rookies"

Commentaires: Anytime a 2-d layout or 3-d model needs to be rendered with great detail, but faster than any computer-assisted designers are available, this program has been extremely useful. It allows us to greatly reduce our time spent wondering if a design will "work" and more time actually implementing and testing the design.

Avantages: I loved that this software pulled no punches when it came to number of features or the complexity of the layering, tie-point, and drawing tools. There was nothing stopping me from doing a deep-dive in to advanced 3-d modeled surfaces besides the fact that the menus are expansive.

Inconvénients: There are no tutorials with this software, and there is also very little explicit integration into other programs that deal with rendered files (such as Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, or AutoCAD software). I feel like this software operates on an island- nothing interfaces natively.

• Publié le 12/06/2020
Colby P.
Associate Professor
Art, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 14/03/2020

"Sketchup Cloud Version"

Commentaires: My review here is about the current, cloud-based free version of Sketchup, rather than the full version. But I will comment briefly on the full version. In general, Sketchup Pro is a good program for basic architectural modelling, and for the modelling of certain kinds of geometric forms, while having practically no functionality for organic modelling or sculpting. While the results can be 3D printed, the program was not designed for that purpose, and models should not be expected to be very precise or free of flaws. For many years, there was a downloadable free version that could do most of what the pro version could do, with the exception of "boolean" operations such as solid joining and subtraction. Several years ago it became harder to find the free version on the Sketchup site. Then the free version became a separate download and not available until one had tried the pro trial (the trial version used to default to a functional free version), and finally, the free option was switched to a cloud-based version. Presumably these changes have been made for financial reasons, but the end result is that we have a far more limited free version of the program, that is harder to use, and in my opinion less likely to attract users who would then switch to a paid version.

Avantages: While this is a significant downgrade from the previous free versions, at least it is still free. I think it is an acceptable option for creating things like simple virtual rooms, or rectilinear shapes.

Inconvénients: This is a substantially restricted version of Sketchup, and is harder to use in several ways. The user interface has been pared down, which makes the workspace visually cleaner, but makes it more difficult to find functions. Many of the most commonly used function icons are hidden behind other icons, and are only accessible by hovering and switching which one is on top. That makes it harder to teach newcomers how to use the software, since it adds multiple extra steps to tutorial instructions. Also, the choice of placing many functions in flyouts adds recurring pain points to the user experience, as one must continually swap out functions while working. All of this would be a moot point if there were a simple preference toggle that let one choose to have all functions display at once.

• Publié le 14/03/2020
Etienne S.
Photographer
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 27/05/2020

"Great Library"

Commentaires: I like it but I think it could be better

Avantages: I like the vast choice of models from the library. I also like how much we can customize for the ease of use but I feel like it could be optimized it could be even easier

Inconvénients: I think it should be even easier to work with Sketchup and they should include more tools so the user dont waste time trying to find plugin try them uninstall them, etc.

• Publié le 27/05/2020
Jennifer T.
Architect
Urbanisme et architecture, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 15/08/2019

"The modeling software with the most complete library"

Commentaires: Especially when I want to model architectural interiors, sketchup is the best option, because it allows me to detail each scene with the most usual and unusual objects that I would find in it.

Avantages: SketchUp has the most complete library of modeled objects. From complete projects, to the smallest details useful to set a model.

Inconvénients: Sometimes SketchUp closes unexpectedly without saving automatic changes, which causes you to lose hours of work.

• Publié le 15/08/2019
MakerSpace Manager
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 27/03/2020

"SketchUp - my favourite CAD tool!"

Commentaires: Fantastic tool. Perhaps it is because I've tinkered with it since its early days, but I find it my go-to tool for any CAD projects. Perhaps it is for this reason that I have had such success with it in the classroom over the years. However, it is a shame that Trimble have changed their policy on SketchUp Pro for Educators - this has limited access to it in certain areas of the world.

Avantages: I have loved SketchUp's approachability since it was a Google product. I find that the ability to play around and create something really quickly is a real hook into getting students enthused and excited about using and learning the product. It can be used from Students to Hobbyists to Professionals: everyone can get benefit from the Platform - especially now that it has its online browser-based Free version that has Microsoft Office 365 SSO as well as Google (important if you are in a country that has banned Google!). There are GREAT Tutorials available for all skill levels; we are particularly impressed with the ones made available for Education at the K(4)-12 level.

Inconvénients: Personally, it has really impacted me that SketchUp Pro is no longer made available to Educators for free. I have multiple projects that were designed on SU Pro and these are no longer easily accessed or worked on. (It IS possible through uploading and downloading through the 3D Warehouse, but this is a pain and does not work well in cases of bigger projects.)

• Publié le 27/03/2020
Interior Design Student
Design, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 11/04/2020

"SketchUp saved my life!!"

Avantages: I LOVE SketchUp!!! I have used so many 3D softwares but this one takes the cake. Not only is it easy to use, it also looks SO good when rendered with the correct software. I have used Revit in the past, and when it comes to design planning and space planning Sketchup just looks so much better every time, I think compared to others Sketchup has so many more options and the ability to add finishes is so much easier and importing furniture is also so easy. Another thing I love is how easy it is to build furniture, every time I do I am so happy with the result. SketchUp is the one!

Inconvénients: The only thing that I wish sketch had was a 2D view of the floor plan and the ability to make elevations and things like that, but other than that I love it.

• Publié le 11/04/2020
Frederic D.
Designer
Construction, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 04/06/2020

"The best for 3D desiging"

Commentaires: It is great for visualisation of architecture and workd super fast! customers are snappier to sign the contract if they see what they will get.

Avantages: Does not matter if you are beginner or advanced user... It is so fun and free to experiment with in the beginning, and you can make your models as complex as you want too as advanced user.
This is just a program I love! it can be used in alot of professional fields: Architecture, games, movies, etc...

Inconvénients: Because it is so free and creative it lacks abit in case of going technicaly in detail of a model like for example an engine... the delivered "Layout" software is far from perfect, it can be frustrating the dimensions are not that easy sometimes to place as if you were compare that with autocad.

• Publié le 04/06/2020
Shehan M.
civil engineer
Génie civil, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 13/04/2020

""SketchUp-a software to make 3D modelling less daunting""

Commentaires: Overall I would say it's a great 3D modelling software, but I wish if there was a quality rendering feature,in built.

Avantages: I have used SketchUp for various 3D modelling projects and it took me few weeks to excell in this .Defintely, one of the most user friendly software for 3D modelling.

Inconvénients: In built 3D rendering feature is not at all standard . Therefore, 3D drawings done in SketcUp need to be rendered with external rendering softwares to produce realistic 3D drawings.

• Publié le 13/04/2020
Alan H.
artist
Animation, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 05/07/2020

"SketchUp is the one"

Commentaires: SketchUp was one of the 3D modeling software packages I've used on a frequent in my younger times, it's very easy to build models, and animate quick movies by manipulating the camera. The rending is also a great feature as well, I love the variety of different effects you can use.

Avantages: SketchUp's measurements and ease of adding facets made 3D modeling very fast and intuitive

Inconvénients: There can be errors in the mesh when exporting the model, but these can be resolved.

• Publié le 05/07/2020
Ed o M.
manager
Matériaux de construction, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 17/04/2017

"3d design for everybody"

Commentaires: 1st time I heard about SKETCHUP was several years ago. I was looking for some fast sketching solution (preferable in 3d ) and search engine listed this program as near 1st position (and not a CAD). So, I clicked on the link and saw a fantastic piece of software. After some 8 or 9 years SKETCHUP is still on my computer. It's more poreful than several years before (form SKETCHUP 6, if I remember correctly), there are more materials, components and models (when 3d warehouse started it made a revolution of it's kind, enthusiast could show their models and companies could offer their products and services). Several things made me a follower/user of this program: simple to use, fast drawing, diferent type of finishing, cross-sections, user-friendly interface, diferent ways to achieve same results (by multyplaying or by dividing, by pulling or following,...), plenty of options and many special features that came during years. On of the first features was inserting a 3d object on GOOGLE EARTH (GOOGLE was a previous owner). That had a tremenduos effect and in short perid of time every city had many of landmarks made by SKETCHUP and inserted on maps. 3d warehouse was also an succesfull feature. Interesting feature, also, is "projection and perspective view". Changing this You can switch from "natural" 3d view to "geometrical" 3d view. This is MUST BE USED when You switch from designing to taking measures (hard to describe but imediately visible when used) Interesting feature, from a few version ago, is to match a photo. You simply load a photo (interior or exterior) and with help from program You model a 3d object, At the end You had a 3d model replica from photo with textures acquired from photo. If You are in real estate business, You understand what can be done regarding virtual demonstrations. Another nice feature is another warehouse - for extensions. With these addons You can have a completely different way of doing Your job, from drawing, designing or 3d printing. PRO version have some other usefull features that I like .DWG handling and several types of calculation, reporting (these are important part of my work with it) and exporting results. If You need a good sollution for 3d sketching, drawing or design, and You don't have time to learn a full CAD software this is software for You.

Avantages: Simple tu use, fast drawing, starting 3d models and 3d warehouses, extensions, textures, importing of photos and materials, finishing, rendering options, drawing/sketching options, perspective changing, components and objects designing, friendly-used interface, cross-sections, active comunity,...

Inconvénients: Many options are not visible or even expected. Without manual and (several) video tutorials many things that are simple to do You can't be done as they are not explained/offered. Switching axes sometimes is very irritating. Deleting a part of object sometimes cause un-expected results. Pushing/pulling sometimes cause small but irritating problems with surfaces.

• Publié le 17/04/2017
Social Media Manager
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 07/02/2019

"Fast and easy 3D & 2D design software"

Commentaires: SketchUp-Pro is generally easy to use, fast, convenient and much reliable. It has exposed me to newer designs and has allowed me to explore architecture even more. I’ll definitely go for the program over most other competitive software.

Avantages: Most designers, regardless of their skill levels, find SketchUp-Pro one of the fastest and easiest CAD software programs for both creating and editing 3D & 2D designs. I bet this is mostly because of the thousands of models present in its intuitive toolbars and 3D Warehouse. What I like the most about the program are its customizable toolbars and large icons. These two features make it easy even for beginners. The software has no house wizard, but it still makes it simple to
create all sorts of designs. It grants me access to the Trimble’s 3D warehouse. The Trimble’s 3D warehouse stocks thousands of models that I may download and use. This way I have access to lots of shared files together with a growing number of designs. The Program also has other built-in features such as the animations, lighting and textures effects. The Plugins are available to serve the purpose of advanced photorealistic rendering. In addition, the program
offers built-in rendering styles. The software is compatible with an array of file types such as AutoCAD’s DXF and DWF files. It allows me to use the 3D printing image files, PDF and STL file. Some useful 2D CAD features include the layer manger and text & color editing. The layer, measurement and style toolbars make editing easier. I can quickly switch between different functions and correctly apply styles faster. In addition, other features such as import capabilities, macro recordings, and setup manager make the use of the program more convenient

Inconvénients: Although the software offers architectural tools to promote building plans, SketchUp Pro lacks the house wizard and a wall tool. These two aspects would otherwise give the software a more powerful influence on architecture.

• Publié le 07/02/2019
Israel jose A.
Hydraulic Engineer, MSc Geological Engineering (Oil and Gas prospecting)
Génie civil, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 12/08/2018

"Fastness, reliability and easy to use CAD"

Commentaires: As a hydraulic engineer, and not an architect, I started using Sketchup Pro to make general designs and more for fun than need, then, when making work proposals, it became a fundamental tool thanks to the speed with which I could generate 3D decorative solids, with textures and lighting effects from simple 2D drawings.

Avantages: Despite the fact, the almost all the CAD software are essentially very complex programs, the first and most I like of SketchUp ProCAD is its easiness of use, even for beginning designers. The Custom Tool Palette permit you to create custom palettes or menus with the tools and features that you can choose according to your needs, and if you no longer use or need any tool, you can simply delete them. Then we have the Drag and Drop functionality, that allows you to take blocks and symbols from the palettes and drag and drop them in your drawing, you can also use this function to toggle the order of the drawings within a project and move them to the position you want. Sketchup Pro has the most common and useful features, such as Measure Command Tool, simply select the object you want to measure, and the program will indicate its dimensions, area, volume of solids and even perform calculations such as the area of a solid minus the area of other solids that intercept or are located within it; also has Snap Tool; Layer Manager; Text Editing; Point Marker; Color Editing, and of course, one I really love, the Extrude 3D Models from 2D Designs, with which you can create a 3D model from a more complex 2D design, and to perform the inverse process generating 2D Designs from 3D Models. If you are a programmer, or not, Sketchup Pro comes with Macros that allows you to record and automate any process. The 3D Warehouse is one of the most useful resources, with which you will have a wide var

Inconvénients: Within the cons, the photorealistic rendering provided by the software could give more striking results but they are also quite decent, and of course, another significant con is the lack of Wall Tool and House Wizard, and other architectural tools

• Publié le 12/08/2018
Architecture Intern
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 25/05/2019

"Review of Sketch up 2017"

Commentaires: All round, it is a good and flexible software especially for beginners who'd like to just get started with architecture modelling software.

Avantages: I really like that the software is very flexible. You can literally use it to perform any function pertaining to architectural drawings such as drawing plans, and sections especially with plug-in with a variety of functions you can perform such as builing walls, doors and windows as components etc. I like that you can import and export files ranging from 2D DWG TO 3D COLLADA. I also like that it has a very active community that can assist with any problems you may be facing with the software. I especially like that it intermittently autosaves for you incase of any mishaps that may occur along the line. You can also simply just drag in components and materials without any hassle.

Inconvénients: I don't love the unexpected bugsplats and the fact that if I change the setting of one scene it affects the outline profile of the work. I think the zooming options needs a little work because sometimes it can be difficult to orbit around work without expecting it to enter into a surface all the time. I feel the snapping to edges might need a little work as well because sometimes its difficult to close polylines unless you zoom in critically.

• Publié le 25/05/2019
Ricardo S.
Ingeniero Civil Estructural
Génie civil, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 02/08/2018

"A simple, but advanced tool for Architechtural and Engineering Design"

Commentaires: Sketchup Pro is a must-have tool for any Architecture or Engineering designer. Its simple interface, along with its variety of options, allows you to create very professional designs that will allow you to win the client you want. As a Civil Engineer, I've used this software to create 3D models and plans for buildings, and I'm completely satisfied with the products this software allows me to create.

Avantages: It is an easy-to-use but complete software that allows you to create many products required in an Engineering or Architecture Project, such as:
- Detailed Construction Documents, such as plans, that are entirely essential for any project, and you can create them with many easy features that provides you a great aid to create a very professional set of plans.
- 3D Renderings and Animations: In any Civil Engineering project is important to have a set of professional renderings, and this software does a great job with it.
- It is a software that allows you to export your model to other specialized softwares in case that your model cannot be completed with this one. It also allows you to import as-drawn drawings so you can create your 3D model from a set of plans from other software.
- Dynamic components, this feature allows you to safe plenty time when it comes to complex models.
And last, but not least:
- Extensions: they are some features that you can install into the interface of the software, you can download them from many websites. These Extensions allows you to do some tasks that the normal set of tools of the program doesnt allow you to do them. So, you can say it is like an upgrade.

Inconvénients: I don't have many issues with this software, it is very complete and it has a very intuitive way to use and learn. My only con about this software could be that the Rendering motor may be not the best, but with the exporting tool, you can export to a 3D rendering specialized software, such as 3DS MAX, but that is not a problem for me.

• Publié le 02/08/2018
Sharon C.
Interior Designer and Owner
Design, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 14/01/2019

"SketchUp Pro, The best and affordable space planning software"

Commentaires: I was introducted to this back in school when I have to produced a residential project and I had not learned revit yet. I panicked, I search in vain to find a product to find a product that I could use to build my kitchen in 3D with fairly quickly. I was introduced SketchUP, I think it was version 7. I loved it so much I upgraded to pro. Now its the industry standard. Very easy to teach and make very impressive presentations with. Which makes me look good to my clients. Perfect for commercial and residential design. Highly recommended!

Avantages: What did I not love about the software. You can learn it in about three hours; easy to build from. The furniture and textile library uses a lot of the same pieces you’d find in your favorite stores, thus it creates realistic space plans. The pro version you create professional plans and it integrates with AutoCAD, you can create a digital walk around in your 3D presentations. Works with the representatives color paint colors as well. You can change the style of how your presentation looks from hand drawn to very clean and linear.

Inconvénients: The sheets take a bit of time to learn, but once you do they look very professsional. You need a separate rendering program to make it more realistic and they can be pricey.

• Publié le 14/01/2019
Danny S.
Interim CEO
  • Publié le 11/11/2019

"Amazing tool for design and planning"

Commentaires: We have used the product extensively for store design and planning out displays. Additionally we use the software to do quick illustrations to send to customers, rather than tacky hand drawn scans. This is a great piece of software and reasonably prices as far as CAD systems go. I would love to see subscription (monthly) based pricing, though.

Avantages: The program is relatively intuitive if you have any familiarity with CAD software, but even if you're brand new there is a lot of content out there to help - Google is your friend! - Feature rich
- Very stable program
- Makes spatial planning for business design easy and accurate

Inconvénients: While there is a lot of content out there that can be Googled, if you need more detailed assistance there is little 1st party product support; most items will be answered via online message boards. - Deeper features can be a bit convoluted
- Sometimes a shape has a geometry error, but there is little help on how to fix

• Publié le 11/11/2019
Manuel alberto M.
Project Engineer
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 20/11/2017

"User-Friendly, Fun To Use & Versatile"

Commentaires: i shortened time of work it took me days to make a 3d model but now i just invest at much four or five ours and the i can start rendering that helps me with the clients normally you ask for two weeks to complete a job but now i can do it in a week

Avantages: I've been using SketchUp everyday in my line of work for over three years now. It is one of the easiest CAD programs I've used/learned as well as one with some of the best support and communities I've participated in. There are tons of models in the 3D warehouse to learn from or integrate into your own creations. It's for more than just architectural and interior design; I've even used it for animations, pattern making and film! More importantly, I'm still able to import/export files types outside of SketchUp's. It accepts dwgs, dxf.

Inconvénients: It's too basic at times, so any detailed things you would have to use another program. it also does not look quite as professional, as the graphics are a little lacking. I usually make the 3-d model and then I bring it into photoshop to render for a better look.

• Publié le 20/11/2017
Aditya M.
Project Engineer
  • Publié le 12/03/2020

"Good for Architects.. Bad for Civil Engineers"

Commentaires: I have been using this for at least 3 years. Why do I like this ? Because it the best for rendering and getting a visibly beautiful output of my design. I usually use AutoCAD and Revit for detailed modeling and construction detailing. But whenever I need to present my model to someone, I use rendered sketches and views to convey the idea.

Avantages: This is the most flexible software for modeling. If you dream about it, you can model/design it. Its that simple. Architects love this software because it gives them the freedom to design whatever they think. It has fewer constraints. Its different render engines give us way too realistic output compared to other modeling software like AutoCAD.

Inconvénients: I can say this is NOT a SMART software. why? Because-
1) It's not Building Information Modelling compatible- you cant use data in any BIM tool.
2) Components built in this does not have properties as other software as Revit has.- Its just good for 'looks'
3) Import/Export to other platforms is not available.- Interoperability is poor for data transfer

• Publié le 12/03/2020
Stephen G.
Project Facilitator
  • Publié le 01/05/2018

"Great product which makes 3D modeling a breeze!"

Commentaires: Drafting, planning, and assistance with project management

Avantages: The 3D modeling components are very user-friendly, and super easy to use. Any novice drafter can learn this program rather quickly with minimal instruction. This product also allows you to turn your 3D models into 2D plans by importing them to a secondary "Layout" program. Trimble Sketchup Pro comes as a product suite with 3 individual programs, but transferring your models between them is a fairly simple and fast process. Each program has a different function from modeling, plan design, and graphic design components. Sketchup is also integrated with built-in shading modules, access to the Sketchup library with access to hundreds of thousands of communal models, and additional "plug-ins" which allows you to add more functionality to your modeling tools. Their customer support is also very accommodating and responsive.

Inconvénients: The "maps" function is far less than stellar since Trimble's contract with Google expired.. If you are looking to import an existing building footprint using this function, you will end up with an extremely grainy and tiny map graphic. Also, from time to time, glitches will occur with other imported graphics in their "Layout" program which causes the need for those graphics to be uploaded once again.

• Publié le 01/05/2018
Fredy P.
3D Visualizer, Drafter and Designer
  • Publié le 06/04/2018

"Awesome software."

Commentaires: It made our workflow way easier 10+ ago with no turning back to previous software used.

Avantages: Easy to use, the learning curve is way shorter than any other 3d software I've used, great compatibility with most of the professional software out there. Has an awesome community of users and developers that make it even greater (with their extensions).
Been using it for more than 10+ years. For Us, it replaced Autocad altogether (if you team it up with Sketchup Layout - that comes included with Sketchup Pro).
Level of detail can be controlled up to 0.000000 mm Or (1/64")
Works great making 3D models for 3d printing as well (if you use some of the available extensions)

Inconvénients: I believe the free version is no longer available as a standalone software (you need a browser now)
Might be too expensive for a hobbyist but not if used for work.
Gets slow if the geometry is too complex or if you don't know how to use components

• Publié le 06/04/2018
3D Designer
Événementiel, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 18/01/2019

"SketchUp Pro"

Commentaires: I use SketchUp on a daily basis as an exhibit designer, booth designer and interior designer. I also do several home projects on a regular basis with it. I really love SketchUp Pro and the warehouse makes it incredibly easy to add and build models using pre-built geometry. You can even modify other peoples drawings to make them match your design. This is a great and simple to learn / use software.

Avantages: I love that you can quickly build awesome models to scale and create beautiful renderings with many various plugins. This software wasn't always a big hitter but I think companies are starting to see it's potential. Sketchup Pro has some additional features that make it nicer than make such as being able to save and export to DWG. Overall it's a great software that I love using.

Inconvénients: I wish there was a decent rendering engine built into this software. It is simply lacking in that area but other than that, with plugins like VRay, Keyshot Etc, you can create beautiful renderings quickly.

• Publié le 18/01/2019
Majeed mohammed A.
Architecture
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 16/08/2019

"Most Easier"

Avantages: It's Really Simple And Quick to Use. Because Other Related softwares Are Taking To much of Time To Create object.
Everyone Can Easily Learn this Software without trouble.And OuTput Also Too Gud For Spend Money to this Software

Inconvénients: It has some Trouble One of that, An Obejct should Be GROUP before make Another object On that If not When Move an object Everything will Stretch and Collapse. But little amount trouble on y Have this Software I hope it will be Fixed coming Updates. That will be very helpfull

• Publié le 16/08/2019
Jason B.
Teacher
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 05/03/2020

"Free, but it's gone downhill."

Commentaires: In general, I love SketchUp and will use it for most of my rendering needs. If you want to make fast renders quickly and for free, and if you're not making working drawings, then SketchUp is enough. There is a reason you see it on HGTV when they design kitchens and are showing the clients their ideas, but you don't see it on the corners of their working drawings.

Avantages: I love the price (free) and how easy it is to use SketchUp. I currently use it to explain 3D objects to my drafting students or to explain what something will look like when we're done. I sometimes use it for demonstrating geometry concepts, too. Back when I was a draftsman for a small design-build firm, I exclusively used SketchUp for all drafting and document production (in conjunction with Microsoft Word). I am a big fan of their warehouse of items for if you are trying to populate a house with furniture or a street with cars.

Inconvénients: A few years ago, SketchUp switched to being mostly cloud and less of a downloadable program. While this is mostly good since I can access my files on any computer with the internet, its layout changed and it is much harder to find the tools you want to use. It used to be that lines and edges were sharp and I could edit cleanly and easily in MSPaint, but the online version of SketchUp doesn't render the same way and it has made my freelancing as a draftman more difficult. Also, SketchUp is not great at generating documents and printing to scale compared to Autodesk Inventor. Lastly, they don't use true curves for cirlces and arcs which saves RAM but can be good or bad when rendering.

• Publié le 05/03/2020
Mario G.
Designer
Immobilier
  • Publié le 23/02/2018

"Great software for not just for professionals but everyone"

Commentaires: Overall, it is a must learn software because of how easy is to learn it and the possibilities you have with it

Avantages: It is not just a professionals tool as many bloggers and students use it in a daily basis for creating almost everything they can think of. For example, I just say last week a blog of a person who was doing a sketchup model for her desk so that she could build it, and it provided everything she needed. Me as an architect, I use it a lot to do 3D modeling in order to visualize the buildings before construction. With the Pro version you have the opportunity to do section cuts and even set a "sheet set" for your drawings. The pro of Sketchup is that as it is free of use (free version) there's also a library called "google warehouse" where you can upload/download models from anyone (who uploads theirs) and use it as if it was created by you, and all of this, for free.

Inconvénients: I would love Sketchup to be more like a professional software and have more tools to help you design properly and detail things like a BIM software but because of the reasons I listed above, I think Sketchup should stay focusing as a "free" software and anyone can use it.

• Publié le 23/02/2018