15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Planning Center

En savoir plus sur Planning Center

L'éditeur est passionné par la création d'applications exceptionnelles pour les églises qui sont à la fois abordables, performantes et faciles à utiliser sur n'importe quel appareil.

En savoir plus sur Planning Center

We’ve needed a fully in-house system to manage all the contacts, events, information, and communication of our ministry. Planning Center has made all of that so easy at and extremely affordable price.

And if the paper need to be produced to function then why bother with a digital version that will just add more steps to any process.

Planning Center - Notes

Planning Center a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 1 125 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Planning Center ?

Filtrer les avis (1 125)

Brad
Brad
Senior Associate Pastor

Can't Imagine Life Without Planning Center

Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Pastor for Creative Arts (É.-U.)

Setting a high bar

Commentaires : We use Planning Center for online giving, service planning, check-ins, and registrations for events and services. We have had great success using all these apps for managing our church.

Planning Center's suite of apps work together very well, and they integrate into other programs that we utilize, too. They have been flexible with so many of the COVID-related issues over the last year, with great customer service and continued support.

There are some features that I don't think we take full advantage of because they are buried under other useful features, or they are a little less intuitive for some users.

Ben
Creative and Communications Director (É.-U.)

One-Stop-Shop for Church Management

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Our church has used a few different church management tools, and I feel none (at least at the time we had them) have been as comprehensive or easy to use as Planning Center. It is a powerful tool that helps us manage everything we do at our church.

I love how everything works together, and how all the modules are connected by the people module. I also love the "Church Center" Hub, with everything in one place.

It's not cheap, but I think you definitely get what you pay for.

Lauren
President and Director (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, Auto-entrepreneur

Planning Center: A Must do for Any Ministry

5,0 la semaine dernière Nouveau

Commentaires : My experience with Planning Center has always been good. The Services platform is amazing and I love using it to plan worship and create service orders. Their customer service reps are always so nice. There was even a time of financial struggle in one of the churches. I reduced our system down to the free level and the reps were so nice and even credited back money we had prepaid. Planning Center is customizable, affordable, and a great resource for any ministry, church or nonprofit.

I love Planning Center. I have worked in several churches and have started planning center from the ground up on several occasions. Every feature is very intuitive. It was so easy to learn and set-up. I have been an administrator as well and love the ability to view what others in the system do. It is great at sending email reminders. There are so many features you can customize for your own ministry situation. It transposes chord charts for you. What I am describing is just Planning Center's Services platform because I am the most familiar with that part. There other applications are useful and helpful as well.

It is truly had to think of a con. The smallest complaint I have is minor. I download the chord charts I make in Planning Center chord chart maker as pdfs. When I have gone to a new system, I can only upload the pdf...I cannot change the song's key or arrangement in the chord chart maker as I could before in the prior system. But again, that's minor.

hal
None (É.-U.)

Portions are non-functional

3,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Frustrating. But when it works, it's great.

Ability to send emails or messages to group members. Dashboard of who is in my group. Custom photos to ID the groups.

Unclear as a user -- or as a group leader -- when, how, and why to use Church Center. Second, emails for confirmation acceptance into a group are sent via a [sensitive content hidden] or the like. It's confusing as the recipient, and is sometimes blocked by users' email platform settings. Third, Many people are unable to register for a group--but it appears to them as users that they have indeed registered. This is a fundamental and foremost problem impeding use. Fourth, it appears to favor PCs. Macs don't work in some situations, apparently the Mac App is needed.

Nathaniel
Associate Pastor (É.-U.)

Industry Standard for a reason

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Planning Center is great, don't get me wrong. If your church has the funds to invest in Planning Center, or if you are already using their other software, it is likely the best solution out there for you. HOWEVER, (and that is a big however) if your church has a ChMS that already offers worship planning, it is likely just fine! I am with a different church now, and we just switched to Pushpay. Their worship planning is very simple and offers SongSelect integration. If you are a small to medium-sized church, looking for worship planning software, I would HIGHLY encourage you to make sure you do not already have access to this in your ChMS, and if you do not, consider switching to a solution like Pushpay where it is integrated. I know ShelbySystems offers this too. But if your budget and situation allows you will be thrilled with the functionality and user interface you find in Planning Center. It is simple enough for volunteers to use and the optional Music Stand app is great for getting music into the hands of your musicians early in the week, and allowing them to have their music on their phone or more preferably iPad/tablet. But if your current system offers an alternative, it is probably not worth the extra to have Planning Center as well.

The simplicity to plan services and schedule volunteers help make it the best!

Planning Center is the leader in worship planning software and they know it! Planning center is expensive an may not be worth it for your church. Especially if you have another ChMS that already offers worship planning.

Kenton
Administrator (É.-U.)

The Gold Standard of Service Planning

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : This is the gold standard of all service planning softwares. No other software holds a light to planning center in this regard.

The Service Planning function of PCO is incredible and so user-friendly. The functionalities and features of songs and teams and filters and types of services are all helpful to faithfully and effectively plan services.

I have no qualms with Planning Center and am hard-pressed to think of something negative. It really is so great!!

Internet, 2–10 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Planning center best tool for managing charismatic groups and churches

Commentaires : Planning center allowed me to better know all the members of the organization to which I belong and to know how to enlist them in the work for a common good.

What I liked most about this software is its ability to manage religious groups.

What I liked least is that it is not easily usable by new religious organizations.

il y a 2 ans

Hi there! Thank you for your review. You mentioned having a bit of trouble getting started as a new org. Our Support Team is a great resource for help in tis area. Hit the '?' icon in the upper-right of the screen when you are looking at your page. Send us a message and our team will jump in to help. Thank you!

Stephanie
Pastor of NextGen and Communications (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

If you have teams at all, Planning Center is your go to!

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Excellent. I have used them for years and don't plan to stop. I regularly recommend it to others

Planning Center is an industry standard for worship services and team management, it is essential for our church of 400 to be able to make sure people are plugged in where they need to be.

It does get a bit pricey the more add ons you have.

Mike
Pastor of Creative Arts (É.-U.)

Essential Worship Planning Platform

5,0 la semaine dernière Nouveau

Commentaires : Have been using Planning Center for years and it just keeps getting better and more powerful.

Everything is in one location and we can do backend programming to customize reports.

Sometimes what we are trying to do is buried deep in the platform.

Musique, 11–50 employés

Church Service Planning

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

I have been using Planning Center for many years now and I have enjoyed using it. It is easy to use, and I get all information needed for when I am scheduled to serve in worship.

In the past I had issues with blocking my schedule but it's been fixed since then

Lead Pastor (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2–10 employés

Easy to use, but ease of use leads to fewer options, it seems

Commentaires : Enjoy using this product. Although the simplicity does mean soome needed functionality isn't there, it's ease of use and reliability make it an excellent product and value! Can't beat their prices anywhere.

I like how Services and Music Stand work so well together. I also like the seamless integration with CCLI and Song Select. PC has done an excellent job developing integrations that actually seem as though they are part of the native app! Once you connect CCLI and Song Select, you actually don't know you're using them going forward. The same for Faithlife Proclaim.

Music Stand by Planning Center needs more core functionality. For example, you can't mark up the PDF chord sheets to save and recall later (as you can on Music Stand by Worship Extreme). This is a hassle. You also can't mark up the cord sheets and send them out to the band. They have to mark up their own cord sheets. While you can save the PDF chord sheets for each song, mark ups like highlighting and notes on the chord sheet have to marked up each and every time.

il y a 3 ans

Hey Michael - Thanks for the review! Music Stand actually does come with the ability to save and recall personal annotations! Check out this article for more info on doing that and don't hesitate to reach out if you run into problems with that. https://pcomusicstand.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000253707-Add-Annotations-to-Files

Matthew
Production Technology Specialist (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

The only service we need to plan and execute our events

Commentaires : Excellent overall experience, we have never or very rarely had any service issues with the site crashing or anything like that. Just little bugs here and there which are always quickly resolved.

The seamless integration of various elements and components of our service or event. The ease of adding songs and lyrics, media elements, notes and documentation, organization of all the pieces, easy scheduling of staff and volunteers and ease of communicating to all those involved. The continued innovation and adding of features, listening well to their user base.

Some of the setup and coding of reports has a big learning curve, and some settings have been hard to find in the past, but the user support is there when we need it.

Alex
Teaching Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

Planning Center Does it All!

Commentaires : We liked the smooth and more cost-effective check-in system with PC so much that we switched our giving platform over as well - saving us time, aggravation, and even more money!

Our church was looking for a better, more reliable system for children's check-in than the big-name, big-ticket system we were using before and PC was the answer! Its modular setup ensures that we don't pay for features we don't use, but also leaves us with plenty of options should our needs change and we decide to expand our functionality.

There is literally nothing that we have encountered about Planning Center that has not been easily remedied. We are completely and totally satisfied.

il y a 3 ans

Hey Alex - So glad to hear that Planning Center has been helpful for you! If anything ever comes up, don't hesitate to reach out to us. :-)

Marissa
Administrator (É.-U.)

Planning Center Review

Commentaires : My overall experience with Planning Center would be amazing. I would recommend this software to many other churches.

I use Planning Center every single day in my job. I enjoy using the software because it is easy to use. It holds all of our 30,000 families from our church. It tracks all of their information. I can make registrations through Planning Center and the system tracks these registrations for me. There are countless other things Planning Center does and it is all in one place rather than using many different systems.

Honestly, there is nothing bad I can say about Planning Center. I really enjoy using it. It helps keep me grounded as an administrator.

Institutions religieuses, 51–200 employés

This is the software you want

Commentaires : I can't reccomend planning center enough. It's easy to use. It looks good when integrated with our website and digital signage. It encourages collaboration between teams. While it doesn't have an accounting module that kind of thing is best left up to the experts; intuit's products handle accounting much better than any church management software anyway. If you're not already using planning center services, you really should it makes planning worship so much easier and once you see how great that is you'll want to get groups, resources, and everything else and by that time most of your database is already populated and the people module is free. You'll be swapped over to it as your main church management software before you even realize it.

It is the most user-friendly software. They have more features than you'll ever need and it makes collaboration a breeze. The system always functions as it should and most of the time the development team is several steps ahead, putting out new features that are actually helpful. The fact that they work with groups like renewed vision to integrate with propresenter is incredibly valuable. Everything being cloud based also makes it easy to collaborate between departments on events. Their groups search is easy to use, resolution-responsive and looks great integrated into any website. The kiosk option in their events module makes dynamic calendar-based digital signage really simple. Everyone who has ever resisted adopting planning center at our church has eventually come around to really like it.

If you have a need for a feature the development team is going to tell you that they may add it one day and never commit to a release. Also they don't offer any training other than videos online - for savvy people this isn't much of a problem because their interface is so user friendly, but if you have staff who refuse to learn things on their own this will deter them from wanting to adopt planning center - though it shouldn't because it is really easy to learn. The pricing model can be somewhat confusing at times and I wish there was more of a discount for people using multiple modules; a large church can get close to spending a thousand dollars a month without much trouble, though I know this is comparable to some other platforms and honestly you get what you pay for.

Jason
Worship and Arts Pastor (É.-U.)
Art/artisanat, 2–10 employés

Interface

Commentaires : I would also take a moment and think through the basics of the site. If the goal is to do something basic like add a song, or even to rehearse a song [Which is difficult to do, or at least not clear to my older choir members], then it should be easy to see, and easy to execute. I love the fact that things are customizable, and that I can plan my service down to the second, but the moment I go to show someone else how to run basic things especially within the app, I am painfully aware that the interface could be tweaked to help make things a little bit easier for the users who are using your products the most. Most churches are less than 50 people. Most church members are baby boomers. Do your market research with that demographic in mind and I bet you will quickly see what works and does not work with regards to your interface. That being said, anyone outside of that demographic is willing to find out how to do things from youtube tutorials, so keep those up to date and looking nice and you will remain at the top of the church-planning food chain.

The things that Planning Center does well, it does very well. It always delivers notifications and I feel that it is reliable. Every single time that one of the people on my team have had an issue with the software, it was incredibly simple to resolve, and usually was a case of user preferences that needed adjustments. For the majority of the people that benefit from the software, the experience is seamless and professional. Due to the fact that most of the people who use Planning Center are not directly paying for the software, it has set itself apart as the crown of church planning resources. It is certainly my first suggestion to new worship pastors or churches that are trying to become organized. The fact that it can take care of so many different church needs from one platform is also worth mentioning. My church uses another system for online giving, but it is comparable to what Planning Center offers. We are in the process of transitioning all of our check-in systems to Planning Center and it is significantly cheaper and easier to use than ANYTHING else on the market right now.

My experience with Planning Center is not limited to, but mostly within the realm of "Services" so that is where I will spend most of my time. Before that, however, I will mention that while I know of a number of people who enjoy the "Music Stand" app, Planning Center does not offer the best deal for the service. Apps like Onsong, while expensive up-front, are not a monthly expense and allow for many file types and importing formats, including the ability to download the music straight from "Services." This allows for some freedom in set design and application as many of my musicians are playing during the week and not at the church. If they could pay once for "Music Stand" and also import the secular music into their setlists, they would use the app outside of a Sunday morning context. Now for the interface. One of the best tools in "Services" is the REPORTS section. And while I love the way it looks now, it has lost a lot of versatility. It is difficult to select the date for the reports, not to mention, hard to find the reports to begin with. Now, if I want to find songs from last Christmas, I really have to hunt to find the reports, find the right drop-down bar, and select "custom" on the display. Why not keep the custom option in the bar to begin with, and have the presets in the drop down bar? There is just a lot of unused real estate on that particular page, and I have spent too much time trying to relearn something that wasn't much easier in the last edition.

Eric
Lead Pastor (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2–10 employés

Best ChMS every church needs

Commentaires : Workflows, workflows, workflows. This saves us a ton of a time each week. Attendance is easy to track with the Headcounts app. Services app for planning worship, communicating with volunteers, and scheduling the team is essential.

I like having individual apps for the different functions in PCO. Each module/app is easy to use and setup. Plus they all integrate seamlessly with one another. Workflows for everyday tasks like first time guest follow up, volunteer email/communication, event registration, and attendance is extremely valuable.

After using multiple church management systems, PCO has all the features we need...so not real cons for me.

Josiah
Young Adults Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

Is Planning Center the way to go?

Commentaires : Overall, I think Planning Center is a good product...when you figure something out and it does what you want it to do, it's amazing. It's just getting to that point which is the pain for the majority of the time. Because there's a different "Platform" for each area Planning Center has, "Services" "People" "Groups" "Registrations" "Check-in's" so forth...they are similar but not 1 platform.

There is so much that Planning Center can do. I love that there is a way to get pretty much anything I want to do done. It's also the major giant when it comes to church systems and platforms.

The reason I chose this software to speak to is because of a major issue I've had with planning center which is, duplicating what I'm able to do with other people. It's quite difficult replicating ALL that Planning Center can do. In my line of work, getting multiple people to do what I do is GOLD...with Planning Center, I spend a lot of my time looking at tutorial videos and in the help menu trying to figure out how to do something that I'm almost positive it can do. So, when raising up other leaders to use Planning Center, they are often left frustrated and decide to just not. Not to mention, when I have somebody in charge of Planning Center for our ministry, they usually last no longer than a year, before they burn out. The reality is, planning and working directly with volunteers is an ANIMAL in itself. Dealing with people cancelling, forgetting, double booking, or complaining is no fun job for any scheduler...so dealing with certain frustrations with Planning Center is the last thing that individual wants. So what's the solution? Perhaps share the work-load with multiple people doing the scheduling...however, we never get to that point because of the difficulty of the program to the average volunteer. It's not impossible...but it's also not easy. I consider myself pretty computer savvy and every now and again during big events I assist the scheduler for that specific event and even though I've used Planning Center off and on for years...I'm always left frustrated.

il y a 5 ans

We certainly don't want you to have stress when it comes to training others using our products. Something we've done recently to help with this is to make our Planning Center University courses more accessible. We recommend that you have new leaders/volunteers to review these courses. It will help set in all on the path to success! https://planning.center/university

Darien
Darien
Associate Pastor (Canada)

Impressive Church Management Software that is constantly improving

Commentaires : Planning Center is a life-saver for our organization, freeing up our time to focus on the people that truly matter. Planning Center has allowed us to implement robust systems to manage a lot of our administrative work; simplifying our lives and helping keep our teams on the same page.

Planning Center offers a robust set of applications that help create a comprehensive church management platform. Combining the useful features of PC People (such as workflows, forms, database management, etc) with their Service management system (Services), Group management system (Groups), Calendar application (Calendar), Attendance tracking systems (Check-ins), Giving platform (Giving) and event registration platform (Registrations) creates a very robust set of tools that help make church management easy. Paired with the Church Center app (provided with PC People), you also gain access to a consumer facing application where church members can join groups, register for events, give, and even check-in their kids - all from one central hub. All of these separate platforms have their individual strengths, but overall combined they form an integrated church management solution that offers useful features and well-designed software that is constantly improving based on the feedback of their customers.

Planning Center is a platform that is constantly growing, which of course means that there are always areas of improvement. The beauty of PC is that they are constantly monitoring what is missing, and working on improving in those areas - so anything I list here really are minor issues that will likely be addressed in the near future. Two crucial things that they are missing are a few back-end admin tools, such as a robust security options (such as 2FA) and a simple user management interface. Currently, there is no way to enforce password security for PC users with access to people's personal information, nor is there a way to require (or even implement) 2FA. On top of this, managing people's access levels to different planning center applications cannot be managed from a simple back end admin location - rather to add (or remove) permissions you need to manually visit each separate application, access the users profile, and add/remove the permissions on an application-by-application basis. All this are mere annoyances regarding security, and are things that I believe will be addressed in PC's feature roadmap

Nicholas
Finance Director & Dinner Groups Director (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

It's core programs are stellar

Commentaires : All in one stop shop for Church Database Management

Planning Center is a great all in one suite for a church database. Their customer support is really good. They will respond to your email within an hour. They've had a slack channel that is also helpful for you to learn from others how they are using the software. The majority of their products are great. People, Services, Check-In are best in class in my opinion. Resources and Registrations are good they get the job done. One of Planning Centers best features is that they are constantly making quality improvements. Their updates keep them at the top of the ChMS game. I've witnessed others get the lead and they play it safe or drop the ball. Or they just built such a large product that its too big to update. People -Easy to import and export (this is a must feature in my opinion for any database) -Customizable (again another dealbreaker for me if a database doesnt have that) -F R E E Service - The best volunteer management software in any industry Check-In -Simple to use and straightforward -Beautiful UI

Groups and Giving are what I like least about Planning Center. We had to move on from PC Giving because after 2 years of using it they never added the ability to mass import donations or work with outside vendors. I would have loved to have been able to integrate PushPay with Planning Center. It would have saved us H O U R S. I would have loved to have our members see their entire history of giving. Unfortunately, the only way to do that is to manually re-enter every gift. That would take months to complete and we are only 10 years old as a church! Reporting could be much improved too. You can really only search by one category at a time. So if you want to look at everyone who has given to a certain fund by check you'd have to export the info to get that. Groups is still in beta in my opinion and have been since they launched in June of 2016. It's not complete or usable in my opinion. All it does is take attendance. Our groups are more than just taking attendance. Every group's system has a span of care (coaching structure) but groups don't have anything to assist you with that. It also doesn't receive many updates. The team that works on giving also works on groups so giving naturally gets all the priority. Finally, one thing that scares me about Planning Center is that some of the staff can be really arrogant. I don't know if it's because of how many users they have and managing all the requests but they don't listen well enough.

il y a 6 ans

Hi Nicholas, Thanks for your review. We've had a lot of changes to our teams in the past two months, and the Giving/Groups team has been split in to two separate teams to help advance both of those products faster. It still might be awhile before Giving has a way to bulk-import payments, but adding the ability to track external payments in September was a step in that direction. It's definitely concerning that you feel our staff is arrogant, so if you would like to contact me directly about experiences that contributed to this feeling, I'll gladly look into it with you. Reagan Helms Support Team Lead Planning.center

Rick
Facility Manager (É.-U.)

Planning Center Makes Scheduling Easy and Transparent

Commentaires : Planning Center is a great piece of software, with a lot of very powerful features for a church. It has made planning so much easier as a facility manager of my church. Also, being able to access the member's information is vital, and so much easier. As a congregation member who volunteers as a reader, usher, and worship assistant, being able to see my worship schedule and all the information I need is a great plus. I am very satisfied with Planning Center

I mainly use it to schedule rooms and events at our two campuses. Our church also has a Preschool through Jr. High, and I need to know who is using what room, and when, in order to schedule facility work, or to schedule groups who use our property for various functions. This can be complicated with the schools using the property, as well as church events, and outside groups. I can easily look on the calendar to see the schedule of events at our properties, which rooms they are using, which group, and for how long. I can easily schedule room usage, and if there is a conflict, the software shows you. Other users can also let you know of a conflict if they are planning something which would use the same room or area. We can also build our database by creating events that attendees need to sign in for. We can collect basic information, or more detailed information. For our VBS, we can keep track of kids, and their parents, so we can make triple sure that the children are being picked up by their parents, and no one else. The sign in process of attendees can be done on a mobile device as well. Control of the database of your church and school members is an absolute plus. Being able to access their information, keep their info updated, place them in groups, and send out focused email blasts is a major function which makes life so much easier for a church admin.

The integration training we received was excellent, but there is so much to learn, that you have to learn as you go, like any software or system. I would simply say that there is so much that this software can do, it all takes a lot of steps, and learning these steps takes a great deal of time and effort.

Laura
Business Administrator (É.-U.)

Planning Center Makes Church Management Easy

Commentaires : This is fabulous software for a new church. Priced to help you get organized at an affordable price. Lots of opportunities to grow into the various components offered.

The software is priced to let you only purchase the parts you need and priced according to the size of your church and how much you use it. It is such great software to start organizing a church's volunteers, donors, and calendar and can be expanded as your church and your needs grow.

Because components can be purchased separately the communication between the components is not seamless. If you add an event to the calendar and then add a registration for the event both with show up on the calendar as duplicate entries, for example. The price and flexibility are worth figuring out some of the quirks. Also, the ability to create a report for about anything is great but I wish there were some more pre-made reports for beginner users. For example, I have figured out how to create a deposit slip for a giving deposit but I wish there was just a one step button to create a deposit slip from a giving batch.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Laura, Thanks for your kind words! You mentioned having a bit of trouble with figuring out pricing and using our reporting features. Our Support Team is a great resource for help in that area. Hit the '?' icon in the upper-right of the screen when you are looking at your List. Send us a message and our team will jump in to help. Thanks!

Chad
Chad
Creative Arts Director (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 51–200 employés

Indispensable software, far outshines the competition

Commentaires : Planning Center is an absolute must for any church or non-profit. They have everything you need, and they help you organize even better than you thought you could. There's literally no reason not to use it!

Planning Center has a suite of software that integrates so seamlessly and offers so much to help the teams. The team who plans and develops Planning Center has a deep understanding of the unique environment that churches are in, and their software constantly delivers modern tools to navigate it. I use Services the most, and it does everything you could ask it to. The newly redesigned interface is beautiful, intuitive, and fast. The power user features make editing and managing songs and people easy. The android and iOS apps are top notch as well. You can do most of what you would need to on mobile, and the apps report any updates instantly. Oh yeah, pricing is incredibly affordable and there's a free version to boot. Once, the gracious support team even helped me add more members than my plan allowed.

In services, I wish the apps allowed you to edit more song details, such as adding new keys and changing song sequences. Other than that, there are no cons.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Chad! Thank you for your kind words and honest review! For the Song details, let us know what you'd like to see in the mobile app. We have plans for what we want to add, but your feedback would be valuable, for sure. Contact us through the helpdesk in the mobile or web apps and we can start the conversation, there! - Clay

Micah
Groups Guy (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Great at discrete tasks... not yet ready for primetime as a whole-church DB replacement

Commentaires : Planning Center is hard to review because it's not one product, it's actually six different products. That's both a strength and a weakness. Most people using Planning Center are used to its core functionality: Planning Center Services. This is the tool used for actually planning a worship service (complete with tech sheet, ProPresenter integration, etc) and scheduling people to be there. It also has a Check-In component, a Groups component, a Resources (room scheduling) component, and a Giving component. Supposedly, if you add them all together you get a viable whole-church database solution. It's hard to see that being the case, since a lot of the functionality you'd want to see for a whole-church database (especially around reporting, metrics, dashboards, etc) are missing. But the parts that are there mostly work well. It's impossible to overstate how far ahead Planning Center Services is from everything else in the field. Everyone I'm in contact uses Services for service planning. Their other modules, though, are all missing important features. Work is clearly being done to improve those components, but mostly it seems more like rearranging existing features than adding the ability to solve new problems. We'll keep using Planning Center Services, but have transitioned away from Planning Center Groups and anticipate moving away from Planning Center Resources. Luckily our new system integrates well with PCO, so we'll be able to keep our contact databases in sync. This is an underappreciated feature for PCO: a full API to develop and integrate against!

Great ease of use. Excellent for planning services and scheduling volunteers. Makes it easy for volunteers to respond to schedules without having to remember account details. Solid people management.

Everything outside of the core (service planning & scheduling) functionality seems half-baked. Very difficult to pull reports, group scheduling & attendance don't work well.

Justin
Church Administrator (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

Planning Center - Great Value, Product and Service!

Commentaires : Planning Center makes life in a busy church manageable! It gives me the confidence that things aren't getting overlooked and that our members can have an enjoyable experience every time the doors are open! If I were asked to cut the budget, this would be one product I'd fight for.

Planning Center is your one-stop shop for all things related to managing a growing and thriving church! I don't even want to begin thinking about how we would manage membership, service planning, small groups, communications, and everything else that goes into running a church without this software. It is definitely worth every penny!

There isn't really anything I don't like about Planning Center. If I had to choose one pain point it would be that there are so many features within each module that its difficult to understand all the ways they interacts. I'm constantly learning new things and how this product can make our job easier in many ways!

il y a 2 ans

Hi Justin, Thanks for your kind words! You mentioned having a bit of trouble understanding all of the features we offer and how it's a lot to learn. Our Support Team is a great resource for help in that area. Hit the '?' icon in the upper-right of the screen when you are looking at your List. Send us a message and our team will jump in to help! Thanks!