En savoir plus sur RationalPlan

Assiste les chefs de projet dans l'élaboration des plans, l'allocation des ressources, le suivi des progrès, la gestion des budgets et l'analyse de la charge de travail.

En savoir plus sur RationalPlan

It is also easy to integrate and manage multiple projects. Scheduling and tracking of tasks is also a plus with this product.

Needs a "facelift", needs to be refreshed, make it more "interactive" (drag and drop functionality).

RationalPlan - Notes

RationalPlan a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 99 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé RationalPlan ?

nirmal
nirmal
Assistant Manager (Inde)
Construction

Found it better than MS Project for project management!

Commentaires : I am using Rational Plan as a MS Project substitute and have greatly benefitted by all its features. It helped me manage the tasks better.

It is web-based and has better compatibility among different OS, it has similarbut better features than MS Project which include task and Gantt Chart features that the executives work with want to see. It integrates with Outlook, so tasks can be emailed to responsible staff. The export to PDF is great for sharing a snapshot of all the tasks in the entire project along with the Gantt Chart.

while exporting to Excel,it loses the formatting. There's no way to set up emails on tasks that are late. The main way to track tasks is by manually entering the percentage of work completed.

Réponse de l'équipe de Stand By Soft

il y a 5 ans

Not sure what product you are using but in the latest version of RationalPlan Cloud it is implemented the late task notification. Just make sure it is activated from the Administration area. Resources can also track their tasks in the My Assignments area by entering their individual actual work and the percentage completion will be automatically computed by the application. Regarding loosing format when exporting to Excel we would appreciate some detailed feedback in order to improve it. Just drop us an email to support.

Tugce
Assistant Revenue and Reservation Manager (R.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 201-500 employés

Project management done absolutely in right way

5,0 il y a 2 mois

RationalPlan makes it possible for us to manage the projects that we run inside the company in the most optimal way.

RationalPlan is so successful so far and I do not have anything negative that worth to write here.

Frank
President (É.-U.)
Machines, 11-50 employés

Franklin Automation

Commentaires : We have not gotten to the point yet where we are utilizing the resource management tools, but given that we are typically managing 3 - 4 projects at any given time this is definitely the goal. What would be most beneficial at this time is to have some way of entering and accumulating data. Currently I have to set-up project spreadsheets with all of my cost codes down the left margin and dates across the top so that I can enter time sheets and accumulate hours for each job cost code for all projects. With the accumulated sub-totals I can then update my Gantt charts on Rational plan from time to time. It would be great if I could enter this time sheet data directly into Rational Plan instead of having to create and update these summarizing spread sheets.

1. Inexpensive 2. Relatively easy to learn 3. Good customer support

1. cannot enter raw data; has no way of accumulating time in a given cost code 2. some of the options are confusing (e.g. "always keep assignment units as set" and "try to keep the work when changing resources"...what do these mean???

Réponse de l'équipe de Stand By Soft

il y a 6 ans

RationalPlan can export to a spreadsheet by simplg going to File/Data export menu. The " keep the work when changing resources" option is a Project Management option which indicate the application to recalculate duration of a task when adding resources for example so to keep the amount of work constant

Neil
General Manager (R.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 11-50 employés

Everyday essential tool

Commentaires : Rational plan has helped to transform the way that we run our manufacturing operation. Our facility has a real mix of make to order and long term forecast demands being placed on equipment. There are several additional and variable constraints that make capacity planning software consistently fail. To overcome any lack of visibility from failing to plan we have found no greater tool than the simple flexibility, and ease of use that comes with Rational Plan.

Ease of use

The ability to lose information when closing down

Senior Architect (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés

Very Effective Project Management Tool

Commentaires : I work with a lot of different customers and am constantly importing and exporting project plans (converting from MS Project). RationalPlan allows me to effectively and efficiently work with the plans in this mixed environment. I find it an essential tool for my business.

It is a native Mac program that imports and exports MS Project files efficiently.

I have had some issues over the years with specific bugs. But to their credit, RationalPlan has always been quick to respond with a resolution to the issues. I still seem to have some issues with the printing format and how it handles logos.

Bill
Bill
Principal, VP/COO (É.-U.)
Construction, 2-10 employés

Great project management software.

Commentaires : My partner and I build large custom homes. By using RationalPlan, we can queue the subs and make the entire process go more quickly. It is a great tool, but like any tool, you have to use it. It is not magic.

Intuitive. Easy to learn. Many features (some I have not explored yet).

I have not figured out how to have a couple of projects open at the same time. Also have not figured out how to sort entries.

Sales Associate (É.-U.)
Mode et vêtements, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Great for Multiprojects

the collaboration on this software is bar-none. We just finished our free trial and we will definitely be purchasing. Cannot wait to learn more and get access to all of the features.

I have no cons about RationalPlan at this time.

Scott
Services et technologies de l'information
Source : GetApp

Good alternative to Project

Commentaires : I have been RationalPlan Multi for several years now. I find it to be a good alternative to MS Project. I have little issue with importing project files that others have worked on. My issue is that it will only save files back out in Project XML format instead of .mpp format. This does make collaborating with others using MS Project difficult at times.

Native to the Mac, good interface and easy to use.

Does not save files to .mpp

Commissioning Manager (É.-U.)
Services environnementaux, 10 000+ employés

Review

The software is very easy to pick up. I use this software for smaller project that require professional looking gantt chart but not the bells and whistles of more powerful software like P6. I can very quickly develop a project schedule without issue using this software.

The software doesn't have the same level of user created support compared to other more popular software like MS project. If I have a problem with MS project I can usually just google the problem and find something on a forum.

Business Analyst (Australie)
Assurance, 1 001-5 000 employés

Simple tool for project planning and management

Commentaires : If you're looking for ease-of-use project planning and management tool, this can be it! You can manage multiple projects at the same time, be able to estimate the project durations and costs, and assure that you can stay track on your targets.

We're looking for a software for project planning and we ended up using this application. I find this simple and straightforward for our projects. It allows me to create project timelines, build roadmaps (Gantt chart) and other basic functionalities for project planning and management.

Couldn't think of any. It fulfilled the needs of our small projects.

Laurel
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Very nice and easy to use

Commentaires : My company was looking for a new project management software and RationalPlan kept popping up to the top. I was able to get a demo copy immediately (a big plus) and began using it right away. I was impressed. It was easy to use which is important because many of our end users need to get up and running quickly without a huge learning curve for all the bells and whistles. One of the features I really like is to be able to lock a date on a task or milestone when dependencies are enabled. Our last software kept moving this date which quickly became a nightmare. We needed the dates locked. I recommend this software.

Easy to use

I was getting an error about having tasks outside the project date range but couldn't find it. It was actually in the Info section for the Estimated Start Date. Once I found this, the errors went away.

Bob
PM (É.-U.)

Great scheduling software

This is a great alternative to microsoft project but can still make files that are compatible with microsoft project.

Rick
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

RationalPlan was the easiest project planner I could find

Commentaires : I don't need project plans very often. I just want a basic outline and gantt chart with lags of various types. For me, the complex planners on the market are not worth the money or the time to learn. I don't use all the features of RationalPlan, either, but it has worked for me now, and I know I will not outgrow it.

Is easy to learn and not too expensive

For a long time, it had a java look to it because they were trying to make a low-cost cross-platform product. But it's getting better.

Alexandre
Component Engineer (É.-U.)
Télécommunications, 10 000+ employés

Alternative to MS Project

Commentaires : I found this software a very good alternative to MS Project, cost is very fair. I didn't see any compatibility issues and works great. About file format compatibility, other than its native file format you can export your data in a xml file or Excel. I recommend the usage very much.

Compatibility and speed.

Cannot export in native MS Project file. I know there are other ways to export the data.

Rick

Good MS Project Alrernative

Commentaires : As a small company, we are always looking for the best value and not necessarily the best known brand. We have been using Rational Plan for about four year, and have been thoroughly satisfied. Having been a MS Project user, I found Rational Plan very familiar with most of the commands located right where I expected them to be. The project import/export was also valuable in allowing us to share schedules with our customers who were MS Prohect users. Customer service was great, all for a fraction of the cost of MS Project.

Ingo
Project manager (Allemagne)
Produits pharmaceutiques, 501-1 000 employés

Excellent for medium size project

Commentaires : Rationalplan I found very useful to track medium sized projects, e.g. when you set up a new production plant and plan for the scheduling of validations and training of people. Easy to align with other project managers and teams e.g. to transfer products from development into production. Interchangeable with other project software you find in different companies. Easy to track different speeds of teamwork. Great software and excellent value for money!

Graphical overview, easy to learn.

Arun
Physician (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 10 000+ employés

Great Product!

Easy to use, very user friendly and excellent for project planning purposes.

Honestly, I cannot think of anything that I would change about it.

Jeff
Jeff
Managing Director ()
Produits pharmaceutiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Source : GetApp

Excellent alternative to MS Project for small businesses

Commentaires : As a small business, the cost of MS Project is difficult to justify. Rational Plan offers a good value alternative that allows you to create your own Gantt charts and read and edit those created in using MS Project.

Simple workflow Creates good looking Gantt charts with ease Reliably reads in Gantt charts created by MS Project Allows you to use most of the features for Gantt charts that would expect in MS Project - e.g. Resources free version for Linux (Gold star for this)!

Isn't a complete replacement for MS Project (but doesn't pretend to be) Lack of Calendar view

Marcello
Italie
Internet, 11-50 employés

all it takes

Commentaires : I use it to setup a first plan for my projects. So I don't use its full potential, but it has all it takes for me.

works on mac

I think that MS Project is more powerful

Carlo
Doctor (Brésil)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés

Complete tool

Commentaires : Rational Plan is a powerful tool for project management, with many features like Gantt Chart, resources allocation, priorities e risks. Complete!

Many features

Frank
Director (France)

Great product

Commentaires : Rationalplan is a great, flexible planning software package. It doesn't have the big brand name on it like MS Project, however, it offers superior performance and more functionality, in particular the possibility to schedule work at a percentage of someone's time - a big gap in that big brand product. Customer support is really good and helpful, with knowledgeable staff.

Alberto
CEO (É.-U.)
Nanotechnologie, 2-10 employés

Better than MS Project

Commentaires : I'm a Mac user and I needed software to create a Gantt Chart for a project. There is no MS Project for Macs, so I tried Rational Plan. I am very pleased with RP's ease of use. and interface. It took ten minutes to learn to use it.

Works with Macs and it is easy to learn how to use it.

Debra
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Great tool for short money

Commentaires : This tool is very close to MS Project, but at a fraction of the price. It is project management focused and user friendly.

Robust functionality

Interface could be more professional

Krzysztof
France
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Great software for start-up company

Commentaires : We are using RationalPlan to manage our three big projects. It is really simple and powerful tool for everyone. Lot of options inside give us a choice to precisely control all changes of time line project. Great value for the money you pay.

mike

Business User

Commentaires : Easy to use. Accesses most resources we were looking for. Would recommend to other business people seeking similar resources. Wish more research software companies would use similar process. Seems like it is up to date.