Best once you get it

Aman S.
Scrum Master
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This is an excellent software. A little difficult at the first but once you get used to it. It is easy and reliable.

Avantages: This product is very useful for the users who want to organize their team working. The schedule and the team meetings. The user who are planning to organize sprint should use this software as it is very useful for sprint planning. I used it as Scrum Master to design product backlog

Inconvénients: It is little hard to get used to when we first started using this software and it is also tricky when we use it with other applications.

Trello Does It Better

Publié le 28/08/2019
David Y.
David Yurkovich
Édition, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've used Trello for more than two years. One of the nicest things about Trello is it is super easy to learn and begin using. There's very little in the way of a learning curve. The work space is clean and uncluttered, even if you create multiple cards. Another great feature is the ability to drag and drop cards from one board to another. This is very useful if you decide to create a board such as COMPLETED TASKS.

Avantages: Trello is an excellent project management platform, also known as collaboration software. It is especially useful if you have multiple projects with numerous to-do items. Here's why: Trello uses boards. Think of boards as digital notecards. You can create a separate board for every high-level project. For example, I created a board named MARKETING 2019 to manage my marketing tasks for the year. Within this board, Trello enables me to attach cards. Each card is named for a specific task. So, I have cards for Trade Shows, Brochure Development, etc. Each card can have tasks assigned to it. So I can, for example, list all of my trade shows on the Trade Shows card. I can further list more granular tasks such as "Develop bannerstands" or "Reserve booth." Best of all, deadlines for all tasks can be added via a calendar feature, and it's easy to assign tasks to anyone who has been added as a user or admin.

Inconvénients: There is little not to like. The application works flawlessly in this reviewer's opinion. It's super-easy to modify boards, cards, and tasks. The only shortcoming I can think of is there seems to be no way to export your data to Excel, which could prove useful for some. For me, it's not an issue.

Clean, Beautiful Workflows for Organized Pros

Publié le 24/08/2019
Erik M.
Graphic Designer
Sécurité et enquêtes, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am incredibly impressed with Trello and refer everyone I know who needs a team collaboration platform. Trello offers everything I need to organize my current and future projects quickly and efficiently. Many thanks to the developers for delivering a world class product with excellent customer service.

Avantages: I wish I knew about Trello WAY sooner. It has improved my workflow and increased my productivity tenfold! You can add columns for categories like "To Do, Doing, Waiting on Feedback, Done, etc", add labels for color coding your cards, and add team members to individual cards. Your members will stay updated on any activity via email updates if desired so you never miss an update. You can easily add images and files directly to your team mates where they can comment, suggest edits, and have a database of files to refer back to if needed.

Inconvénients: I would enjoy having the option to send an email directly to team members or groups on a specific card and the ability to view different boards at once. Aside from those features there is nothing I would change! Trello is incredibly robust and offers everything I could ask for in terms of workflow organization and collaboration.

One word: Simple.

Publié le 19/08/2019
Clay A.
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use Trello to organizing my bugs and features. Its easy to put the most important things on the most important list, and put the most important card at the top of the list. This gives me clear direction. And I have access to Trello on my phone or any computer, so I can add cards no matter where I am when i think of something that needs added. I used to keep track of these things using an actual bug tracking software, but it just took too many steps to do the same thing I am doing with Trello. The best thing about Trello, it can be used for so many purposes, so once you get used to the software and create an account, you can easily just create another board for project management, feature requests, and just a plain old to-do list.

Avantages: I love how simple it is. We use kanban boards at work through Microsoft TFS, but the complexity kills the mojo a bit. I use Trello as my bug tracker and development pipeline since I am just a single developer working on my projects, and it works perfect for that. Trello follows the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid), I can tell! Just create a board, add a list, and add cards. Very easy, very simple, and very customizable.

Inconvénients: I wish there was a better search feature. When I search for text, I wish it would show me on the board where the result is... maybe when I click the result and scrolls to show me the card, so I can then drag it to another list if I want. Right now the search result show me the card and hide all the others, but by doing that I cant drag to reorder it.

Trello for Volunteer Recruitment

Publié le 31/07/2019
Randi T.
director of operations
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Trello solves the problem of tracking people through various stages of recruitment all while keeping their information & notes neatly contained w/ that individuals card.
For us, the benefits are that we can quickly glance at the overall picture and know where everyone is in the process and where we need to focus. It has also helped us w/ our staff in that we can set up cards for everyone w/ their growth plans, family information, and more so as leadership,​ we can do a better job at connecting w/ people​ and helping​ them grow as leaders.

Avantages: Trello is a game-changer for our non-profit when it comes to recruiting volunteers. We have a multi-step process including leads, applications, interviews, & acceptance levels. Tracking all of this use to be overwhelming & we definitely let things fall through the crack. Now w/ Trello we can create cards for each individual and let them "travel" through each step/list as they continue through our process. Everything stays w/ the card from their original​ application, to their picture to other details we may need to follow up on in person. It's truely helped us save time and stress.

Inconvénients: I do think there is a bit of a learning curve as Trello is very different than​ other task management system I have used and so teaching others has been a bit of a shift but as we have used it (like anything else in life) we have gotten better at teaching it and explaining it. We do wish there was a button that could condense​ everything down so you could see more of your list at once. We find ourselves scrolling a lot of just having to shrink our screen size down to get an overview. Another option would be if the list size was able to be adjusted as some​ don't need as much space as is given. But otherwise,​ we love it and are so happy to have found Trello.

Trello for efficient project management

Publié le 28/07/2019
Yuri P.
Director Of Operations And Business Development
Événementiel, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With Trello we identified our tasks priority and that helped us to increase productivity.

Avantages: Trello helps to organize tasks efficiently. With Trello you can build up multiple boards in order to follow the different tasks deals. With Trello you can distribute your documents with your team. It has well integrated with the google docs which is very useful.

Inconvénients: I wish they could add spellcheck to the software. The storage is limited which makes it hard to work on large projects. Sometimes takes time to upload a file. Also would be really pleased to get availability to work on offline mode as well.

Incredibly useful task planner

Publié le 28/07/2019
Handel H.
Videographer
Production audiovisuelle, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall since implementing, the entire team has grown in efficiency of task planning. We are getting more accomplished with this program. We are all very happy with its use despite the drawbacks listed.

Avantages: The "card" system is innovative and highly efficient. The ability to see all your tasks allows you to prioritize and organize what to accomplish. Overall runs smoothly with a very clean user interface. It is easy to use and requires little to no training. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people, and can be checked off as "completed" by whomever - making tracking and rewards a breeze. The calendar plugin is very helpful. The use of plugins is incredibly useful as well.

Inconvénients: There are several lacking features. There is no ability to set a time-stamp on a project, (how long it will take) outside of using the calendar feature. You cannot assign an approximate time to complete a project. Also there is no messaging function, only "comments". This is very limiting. Also, there is no way to divide cards and tasks under a single person. A single person will only have all their tasks in a big pool, color labels help but do not break it up making it easy to read. When a card is archived, who knows where it goes, it vanishes really. no ability to delete cards.

Effective organization through limited options

Publié le 23/07/2019
Cory S.
Web Content Developer
Rédaction et correction, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: On an individual level, Trello is a great organization and task-tracking tool. It also works well for content deployment planning, and for smaller team collaboration. It is difficult to scale to larger teams or departments.

Avantages: Trello is extremely intuitive and easy to use. The creation and sharing of multiple workspaces also allows for easy communication and interaction with all members of an individual team. The small amount of features (in the free or lower price-tier options) works as a benefit to its ease of use.

Inconvénients: It is not as fully featured as other project and task management options. Depending on your team's specific use case, these limitations may act as barriers for what could be easily achievable using other systems.

Trello Keeps Us on Track

Publié le 16/07/2019
Angel J.
Partner Success Manager
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall we all use it and like the ability to collaborate. We have meeting based on our task set up in Trello 3 times a week.

Avantages: The software allows us to organize our work and share with each other. As a manager I am able to look at my employees and track their workload as they are working on the tasks.

Inconvénients: The software is slightly limited unless you pay for additional features that are on an annual pay basis. We had a feature we were using that was cut off due to the originator leaving the organization.

Trello For A Small Marketing Agency

Publié le 20/06/2019
Account Strategist
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use Trello for project management at a small advertising/marketing ageny.

Avantages: The ease of use - the whole process of making cards and boards is very intuitive and user friendly.

Inconvénients: The only thing I didn't like about the software was the lack of creating dependency on other cards - IE if there is a campaign that needs to be set up, but first a graphic designer needs to create a design, there isn't a great way to automate the campaign creation card to be assigned when the designer has completed their card. Trello has checklists, tagging, etc. that can be used to overcome this, but it's not as smooth as it could be.

Can't live without it!

Publié le 07/06/2019
Tiffany Y.
Executive Virtual Assistant
Bureau exécutif, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a Virtual Assistant, I work with variety different types of businesses and business owners - Trello is customization to everyone's needs. I keep my clients organizes, Trello keeps me organizes. It is 100% customization, which is so important to me. It is the EASIEST organizational tool I have been able to find. It is the external hard drive for my brain, my filing cabinet, my to-do list, notebook and client communicator. It can do it ALL. I tried several systems to keep my business and my clients businesses organized. After I found and learned Trello, I migrated everything over. I utilize it to organize social media designs and posts, track progress on projects, give and receive approvals for documents, track passwords, website URLs, referal codes/links. Personally I organize my rental properties information and history, keep track of my family's medical history, calendars, gift ideas, book recommendations, to-do lists and more. My spouse and I use it to communicate and track long term goals and projects. I utilize it in my volunteer work as well. Keeping notes on individuals, their strengths, contact information, projects they have or are working on. Upcoming events, budgets and ideas for future activities. Trello is my digital purse and my brain's external hard drive!

Avantages: It can do it ALL. It is SO customizable. I LOVE being able to copy/paste images into a card and attaching documents. This is a HUGE bonus compared to other programs. It's free version is robust and makes it simple on-board my clients to use it without myself or them paying additional software fees (Although typically they have become hooked and upgrade) The app is as strong as the desk top version. I love not losing functionality when I'm on the go.

Inconvénients: There is a learning curve. You have to give yourself time to understand how it works and create a system that flows with your needs. There are SO many ways to use Trello, that at first glance, it can seem like there are too many options, but give it time, watch a few tutorials, or download some templates and you'll be on your way!

Great app for young startups with less number of employees

Publié le 20/05/2019
Shaily B.
Software Engineer
Immobilier, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use trello on a day to day basis. My team sets the priorities right in the cards for all the allotted cards and then start the day.
It's a great tool which can be used optimally by a small team with individual boards for all the different modules having separate cards for all the features. I'll highly recommend this tool to a team of not more than 20 people.

Avantages: - The app is really easy to use and pretty much self explanatory.
- The User Interface is really user friendly.
- I personally like the email notifications I receive for all the tags the most.
- Also the best part about it is that we can set the priority level of any card to be picked up next
- Really great for a young startup with an employee strength of 10 - 15.
- The filters are really cool

Inconvénients: - It becomes difficult to manage cards with trello boards once the company size grows.
- Difficult to manage a trello board with a lot of cards added to it.
- The features like adding Expected time to completion for a task, adding the completion percentage of an individual card can be more helpful.

Trello - how to better organize your live and team

Publié le 20/04/2019
Daniel P.
Content creator
E-learning, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love Trello and any tool that saves time. Trello helped my team to collaborate effectively and I am fully satisfied with its features. I use it even for personal projects and it helped me to better organize my entire work.

Avantages: I have been using Trello for a year. My current status - if it isn't on a Trello board, it doesn't matter! Trello is a great team management tool that considerably streamlines the work within an agency. However, I use it even for personal projects - yeah, I keep track of my fitness stats on Trello.
What did I like the most about this software? First of all, the onboarding process is simple even if Trello is a complex tool. I signed up for an account, I spent a few minutes to familiarize with boards and lists, and I started to work with my team. Congrats to the designers that created such a user-friendly interface.
Second, Trello is my favorite tool because I can perfectly collaborate with my team. The manager assigns tasks in my list, my colleagues add contributions via cards and I set up the deadline and start working on the project. No more annoying emails, no more useless Skype calls and the work of our team is perfectly synced.
Third, Trello helped me to better organize my personal stuff. For instance, a blogger shared his AI Trello board. I save much time by using that board; indeed it was the effort of that person, but Trello allowed sharing his outstanding work. I keep track of my fitness progress with Trello and I developed a solid plan for a new personal project - an AI blog. Wrapping up, everything is simple to organize with Trello.

Inconvénients: Nope. I have tried for almost 10 minutes to remember something that I didn't like about Trello and I don't have any cons.

More than just virtual sticky notes, a great way to manage To Dos.

Publié le 11/04/2019
Matt T.
Director of Information Systems
Impression, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have used Trello for many years for managing projects and To-Dos for IT scrum processes, and I honestly don't know what I would do without it - it really does help keep everything organized and running smoothly.

Avantages: We use Trello for managing our software development in a Scrum workflow. We have separate boards for backlog items, current sprint items, and completed items. We utilize the scrum for trello add-on that gives us the ability to add estimates and actual work time spent on each card. This gives us a simple list of items to manage that Trello makes very easy to move around. It is hard to explain exactly how great this makes managing the workflow, but it is all centered around how easy Trello makes it to use their software. You can litterally just click into an item and start typing and then click to drag and drop that item around. The super simple interface that eliminates the need for training on the tool is what is really great about it. Keeping the interface simple and easy to use builds instant adoption from users across the organization. To top it off, the free version of this software is very functional - eventually you will want to purchase for extra features like active directory integration, but it is great that they let you use a very functional feature rich version of the software at no cost for an indefinite amount of time.

Inconvénients: My only complaint, and this is more of a feature request than a complaint is when you have a large number of cards it would be nice to group cards and be able to view or manage cards in a group. Sometimes we have several items that are tied to an epic, and when something changes related to that epic you need to visit and update each card. We keep track of these with careful naming of the cards that includes the epic name, but it would be nice to have a more integrated way of managing these groups of cards.

Trello is a great way to organize personal and/or business lists/tasks/projects.

Publié le 06/04/2019
Matt M.
business owner
Construction, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall we use Trello to track our active project/job status and information and share it with our project manager who is out in the field and uses Trello on his company iPad and mobile phone. It instantly updates on all devices when we make any changes which is great since we attack a work order PDF to each project for our manager to view in the field so he knows what the job entails.

Avantages: The basic version of Trello is free to use and it allows you to share your boards with 1 other user. We use a board to track jobs for our small business by making a card for each separate job. I love the simple layout and easy drag and drop option to move a card from one column to the next to track the status (we use columns such as Ready, In-progress, & Complete). The cards show very basic information to keep your Trello board (screen) streamlined and easy to view. Then when you click on a card, you get additional information such as notes, images, documents, etc. You can even type messages back and forth with whoever you share the board with and they will get an alert on their device to know they have a new message. Trello works really great on computer, tablet, and mobile. I use it regularly on each. Also, the ability to make a checklist and be able to check off items once they are complete for each project is awesome.

Inconvénients: There isn't much to not like about it, but I do wish it had a numerical value input option that could be used to calculate a numeric value of all boards in a column (such as hours or dollar amounts). However, there are options to upgrade your Trello subscription either by paying a minimal monthly fee. Sharing Trello with other people and getting them to sign up can also earn you some free upgrades.

My Life is Beginning to Revolve Around Trello

Publié le 02/04/2019
Nigel masimba R.
WordPress Developer
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Trello helps me plan both personal and business tasks, using a single account. I use it mainly for a simple "to do", "doing", "done" project boards. Additional panels that I have used include a duty roster that stayed mostly static and was moved from user to user depending on Because it's free I get to use it with little worry of being locked out. When I was first introduced to the concept of the kanban board I looked around for alternatives to Trello. Eventually, I returned to Trello because I found it to be the better option. If my work paid more I'd definitely upgrade to the premium tier and enable at least a few of the features I'm currently locked out of!

Avantages: Trello is free to use for basic functionality. Integration with third-party applications like Slack greatly improves the experience with Trello You can use Trello for both organising both business and personal tasks ( On separate boards, of course. ) The free tier of Trello allows teams to collaborate on boards. It also allows boards to be set to public, a useful feature when working on a local community project or open source project where there are stakeholders who want to see progress other than the team members. Trello sometimes upgrades your account to the premium level whenever you invite a large number of users. That's a great incentive to get people to use software that they will likely enjoy using. It's an excellent tool when team members are in a distributed work environment, as team members can collaborate without needing to see each other.

Inconvénients: Project web pages sometimes give an ambiguous error message when you try to open them while logged out. I would like to automate some tasks. For example, if there is a card that moves between two panels daily at certain times of the day, I'd like to have it just notify that the due time has been reached, and for me to just approve the reset, instead of open Trello and go and manually reset the card. It's hard to describe exactly what I mean without a visual aid.

Great tool for managing team tasks

Publié le 02/04/2019
Jason W.
Sr. IT Support Engineer
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, I find Trello to be an excellent tool for team collaboration and tracking. Its ability to integrate with other services helps keep the whole team accountable, and ensures that we all have access to the information and resources we need. If you need a free or low cost way of working with teams, you can't do much better than Trello.

Avantages: Most of my usage for Trello is in the context of film and writing projects, working with teams of fellow students at UCLA. Beyond that, I've also used it extensively on my own projects working with other teams to create various kinds of content, ranging from writing to the full suite of production responsibilities. What's great about Trello is that you can use it in a variety of ways, with a fairly deep level of granularity. Using their card system, it's easy to define top level projects and then layer in a hierarchy of tasks necessary to achieve those projects. Subtasks can be assigned on an individual basis, and it's easy for team members to communicate their progress in a very simple interface. Trello is also extremely flexible to use in part because of the breadth of its available apps. Whether you're working from Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or even just a web browser on pretty much any OS, you can keep track of your work and progress easily and cleanly. The Android app supports widgets of various kinds, and several third party options further enhance this capability, with prices ranging from free to a few dollars. Last but certainly not least, Trello can integrate with a number of other services, including Slack, Microsoft Teams, Adobe XD (great for artists to track their own work progress!), Skype and bluejeans for meetings, and many more. As with all such services, some integrations are free, others paid, but you have lots of flexibility

Inconvénients: The only real issue I've found with Trello is that when signal is an issue with your mobile device, some of the apps can be a little flaky. Rather than having a local caching mechanism it appears to rely predominantly on the cloud being accessible. This makes sense to a certain extent: by doing so, they reduce the risk of sync conflicts when multiple people update the same tasks. Still, it can be frustrating if you're in a spot where you could get some work done, but your connection is sketchy.

One of the few tools that I would recommend to everyone

Publié le 21/11/2018
Owner, Digital Marketing Consultant
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Trello has been great for organizing ideas, systemizing processes, and also for collaborating with clients even when we house a project in another PM tool.

Avantages: First off, let's talk about how well-built Trello is. Trello runs very smoothly, and quickly, across various platforms. There is no struggle that comes along with using Trello, which is why I recommend it to almost everyone, for any thing imaginable. Furthermore, there is hardly a learning curve. Trello creates lists and cards just as a person would in the "real world," so getting started is a breeze. - Fast. Trello is very fast.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Very flexible. Trello alone can do a lot, but once you start incorporating the many (MANY) integrations and "power-ups" available, Trello becomes unstoppable.
- The mobile app is superb. Everything you can do on the web app, can be done in the mobile app. And again, it is very smooth and seamless betweeen the platforms.
- Customizeable. Not only can Trello lists and cards be used to your liking, but you can also customize your background image and add stickers to cards. This makes for a comfortable workspace.
- Due dates, assignments, comments, file storage, checklists, etc. The list goes on. Trello has it all.
- Trello is FREE. However, if you want to be a power user, you can upgrade to Business Class. Business Class is reasonably priced and definitely worth the upgrade.

Inconvénients: There are few cons with Trello, but there are always cons with everything. So, without further ado: - Linking cards between boards still lacks in simplicity. With business class (the premium Trello membership), you can create board groups. Grouping boards helps with organization, but there is still a clear disconnect between boards.
- Simple image editing tools are not available, but would be of great value. You can't even rotate an uploaded image that is sideways... that's unfortunate.

Perfect for Project Management

Publié le 13/11/2018
Katie D.
Project Coordinator
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Trello has really helped my company keep projects and design requests organized. We are able to connect directly with our graphic designer and collaborate with team members even when we aren't in the office. It's been simple for new users to learn so we don't have to take extra time out of our schedules to train and learn. It also helps with the communication throughout our design team and revising designs and projects as we go.

Avantages: I love how easy it is to use this software. Everything stays organized on individual cards and can be sorted into different boards. It helps our different teams and graphic designer keep track of different projects and the progress of each one. Unless purposely deleted, everything stays put. I've been able to scroll back through different projects over 2+ years and find exactly what I'm looking for. The search option is amazing. If I'm looking for a project but can't remember exactly what the project was titled, I can do the keyword search. So if I'm looking for a specific shirt design, I can put in keywords that I know were used for that project, and get a list of projects with that keyword. Simple, but so helpful. Trello is so easy to use! It only took me a few minutes to get the hang of it and I felt like a pro right away. So many of my coworkers find it incredibly easy to use as well. Because of this, it helps save us time training people and taking away fro other projects they are involved in.

Inconvénients: After approximately 2 years of use, I cannot find any negatives to this software. Sometimes it is overwhelming having multiple projects going at once and having so many notifications to sort through, but that isn't a negative of the software itself- just a reflection of how busy things can get!

You Need this in your Life

Publié le 31/10/2018
Melissa D.
Founder + Creative Director
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've been using Trello personally for 4 years, and in my biz for just over 2 years.
I keep track of all the tutorials I've found useful (great if I need to do something 5 months later and am not sure what I did the first time), software I'd like to try, as well as keep lists of various software options that essentially solve the same problem. So it's helped me keep track of newer software that I'd like to test out - very useful for my business.

Avantages: I love that there is minimal learning curve when starting to use the software. You can use Trello to plan holidays, parties, a wedding, as well as keep your business/work life organised - in other words, the software is so flexible, and can suit almost any use case which involves keeping "bits and pieces" of information together. Very valuable addition to this software are the power-ups. These are basically connection abilities with other software that you are probably already using (eg, dropbox, google drive, slack, your CRM and customer support systems). This means that you can use Trello as the hub for many business activities, invite your whole team to a project board, and nobody will waste time looking for scraps of paper that they scribbled an idea on during a meeting. One of my favourite uses of the software is to create a board that documents systems and processes that you follow in your business, and that way, all your standard operating procedures are in one place. This gives you scope to scale your biz, and makes training a new person much easier. Also great for keeping track of all the ideas you have for personal projects, shopping lists, wishlists, bucket lists. This software saves hours and keeps you organised.

Inconvénients: I don't have any cons to write about. There are definitely days where I wish more power-ups could be added to boards, and that there wasn't a limit, but I do understand why there are limits - both for focus (you don't want to have more than a few power-ups per board anyway, otherwise things can really become overwhelming) and for software capabilities (integrating more than a few things together at a time can be risky and unstable).

The good, the not so good and all of Trello

Publié le 22/10/2018
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Trello is an easy to use to-do list/project management app. After being introduced to it 3 years ago, its the one todo list app that I keep coming back to. 1) The intuitive design of Trello makes it easy to get started. Its functions just work, whether its drag and drop, moving cards across lists, or setting up boards, you can easily get started using Trello in minutes. Trello's simplicity aids in its overall feel and use.
2) Trello's cards & lists allow you to really go in depth with project planning. While other platforms may have to do lists of sorts, with Trello's you get a checklist for each card, which can be a task with sub tasks. The use of the boards and lists also helps for those that need deep project management features
3) Trello has some hidden gems such as free downloadable boards, a Calendar view for lists vs using the standard board view, Power Ups and easy integration with email, shortcuts and more. You can use Trello to manage projects in many different ways. I like to think of it as a Swiss Army knife for Project Management.
4) Its mostly free. Its hard to really beat free stuff and Trello is right up there. Most features can be used without paying so thats really great.

Inconvénients: My only gripes with Trello are:
1) The lack of new features in a while. It feels like the only progress of Trello is coming from Power Ups.
2) I tend to whine a lot about mobile app support and while I feel the current versions are sufficient, but the lack of a dedicated Apple Watch app for example is a bummer. To Do list apps like Things have apps for every platform including Apple Watch.
3) Trello is great for smaller teams but if you have a large team collaborating on Trello can be cumbersome.

Great tool that can adapt to many different uses

Publié le 19/10/2018
Antonio R.
Chief Technology Officer
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've been using Trello personally and at work for over 5 years. We use it to keep track of communication that would otherwise be sent through email, like quote requests, orders, etc. I use it for a personal todo list, as well as a todo list my team can see. I volunteer at a non-profit where we use it to keep track of tasks assigned to different people. I keep up with the comments and status on the iPhone app throughout the day but primarily enter information on my computer. I keep finding new ways in which to use it: putting thoughts together for software I want to develop, collaborating on a project for a client with people inside and outside my company, even sharing a grocery list with my wife.

Avantages: Email to card feature is a great way to quickly add cards from a phone while on the go. Custom fields are a great way to make the cards show useful information without having to go into them (requires one person on the board to be a gold member to create them but others can fill them without being gold members.)

Inconvénients: Limited colors of backgrounds (only 9) unless you're a paid/gold member- seems like it would be trivial to give more colors for free. When a custom field is a link, you have to go into the card to click on the link. The worst feature is the search. It is clunky and lacks details. For example, when you've been using Trello for years you may end up with cards that are almost identical every year (for example "pay yearly xyz fee") and the search results don't let you see at a glance which card is for which year without clicking on each one. But when you click on a card and it's not the one you were looking for, you go back to your board and the search disappears so that you have to start the search again.

Hello Trello! You will wonder how you lived without it.

Publié le 19/09/2018
Patrick C.
Digital Content Manager
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Trello is an outstanding web based project management app. Its feature rich design makes it easy to adapt to a variety of workflows and project management techniques. While Trello provides excellent documentation (which I recommend power users to read through at some point, I highly recommend that users initially go and explore on their own (yes, like the not reading the IKEA instructions exploring) to check out the features. Users will likely find many of the functions to be rather intuitive. The reason I recommend that users skip the docs at first is so that they do not form the idea that there is a “right way” to use Trello. Trello is a powerful app with an enormous amount of features; however, perhaps its greatest feature is flexibility. Users can configure a workflow that works for them to help streamline processes and complete tasks efficiently while collaborating with others and tracking progress. Trello also offers up a ton of integrations (called Power-Ups) that are available to supercharge its functionality. For example, a Google Drive Power-Up is available allowing users to take advantage of cloud storage to work with files and documents in a collaborative environment instead of relying on an endless list of email threads to move their projects along. Overall, Trello offers a powerhouse of features for all things project and task management, assignment, and tracking. It also has a worthwhile mobile app to keep you in reach of updates at all times.

Inconvénients: Trello is an excellent app. It’s primary and possibly only drawback maybe getting users to stick with it and not give up on it prematurely as it can be overwhelming when they first set out to configure their work space and workflows.

Amazing functionality, straight up no fuss. hit the ground running with no sweat loss

Publié le 16/09/2018
Chris G.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My tasks lists have never been so easy to identify and manage, especially visually. My projects are all there as boards and my timelines are right up there in gannt form. I dont work well with traditional task lists, as they all look the same, but I have created different backrounds for various projects, my tasks and move cards as necessary. Closest thing to having pen and paper, well even better now!

Avantages: I love these browser-based applications.
Setup up time, nill (just the signing up for an account).
Installation time, nill (if you choose to run it within your browser - most people do), or if you like to be special, install the app (now available for your mac, pc and of course portable devices - just remember you will usually find less functionality within most apps).
Configuration is quick and easy with an easy to follow interface. If you have never used this before, not a problem, just feel your way around and you will be cooking in no time.
Getting started, well you just need to grasp the concept. Start with creating a list (a heading or topic) then start to add cards to the list. The beauty lays in having multiple lists and if you are a visual, like me, you can click, grab, then drag and drop your cards around the various lists. You can move your cards around, into any order you wish, just to start with. The hidden beauty lays beneath the surface, where you can add labels, checklists, due dates, assign off to others, attached files, set reminders, just to name a few things.
Think of these as sticky notes on steroids! The collaboration functionality of Trello is amazing also, allowing you to share and work with anyone from anywhere in the world, have them quickly up and running or multiple people and as one person moves a card, others will see it move in real time (almost) on their screens.
Want more? There are also add on's that create gannt charts +

Inconvénients: hard to say, this is a fantastic and polished platform. I cant think of anything negative to be honest.

My business literally depends on Trello

Publié le 13/09/2018
SEO Consultant
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use multiple Trello boards to organise various parts of my business but one of the best things is that I have leads for my clients come in to Trello boards via email, direct from my landing page. I can have different labels automatically attached to a certain lead depending on the landing page so I know what landing page the lead was from. I can trigger my client's notification on his phone and he instantly knows he has a lead, so he can call them within minutes (or seconds even) of them filling out the form. This is a better system for lead gen than anything I have seen - and it doubles as a CRM! I probably shouldn't be telling you this actually... exposing secret gems here! As well as labels I can attach various custom stickers so I can see information about that card at a glance. Trello is maybe the backbone of my business, keeping me organised. On some boards I have all the tasks I need to do all mapped out and keeping me on top of things, on other boards I have data organised in such a way that I can see things at a glance that I would never pick up by looking at a spreadsheet of the same data. I organise both my private life and my business on Trello, and I use the Trello app on my phone just about as much as I check my email on my phone.

Avantages: I like the way it incorporates with other things via Powerups. I use Trello Butler all the time (both the bot and the powerup) to automate just about everything I do on Trello (love those dashcards especially!). I integrate it with Zapier to parse leads on my Trello board and keep track of what happens on Google Sheets. I use a wide variety of custom fields (and I use them with Butler to do some real magic) I also really like how I can attach an image and it shows on the card, some of my boards have images on every card.

Inconvénients: Its a small thing, but I have some very personal boards that I use for my private life and some business boards for my business - I can't really show people my business boards without risking them seeing my personal boards on the menu. It'd be nice to be able to hide them away in a conspicuous folder so I can comfortably show Trello on the projector without exposing my private life.