Avis clients sur ABBYY FineReader PDF

En savoir plus sur ABBYY FineReader PDF

FineReader est une application logicielle OCR et PDF tout-en-un qui permet d'augmenter la productivité des entreprises lors de l'utilisation de documents.

En savoir plus sur ABBYY FineReader PDF

Good website and product support. Prices are also ot bad at all, I like the idea of this product as well.

ABBYY FineReader is much inferior to Adobe Acrobat Pro.

ABBYY FineReader PDF - Notes

ABBYY FineReader PDF a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 222 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé ABBYY FineReader PDF ?

Editeur (France)
Édition, Auto-entrepreneur

Fait son travail

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : M'a permis de scanner des textes entiers dans d'autres langues que le français afin de pouvoir créer des livres

La numérisation de différentes Langages.

Peut-être une amélioration sur la reconnaissance de signes.

Pattar and Co.
Pattar and Co.
Accountant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés

Extremely valuable tool in fostering automation for my small-sized accounting firm

Commentaires : For anyone in the finance industry, it is now simply understood that numbers are no longer "crunched" by overworked accountants battling customer-driven deadlines. That is all gone by way of automation. The only hang-up to a seamless input into automation is the fact that much of it still is stored as paper, believe it or not. My firm in particular made a push to start digitizing all of our records and in this process, I learned much about OCR technology. There are hundreds of products that say they can OCR, but the fact that ABBYY can process a HUGE variety of documents, fonts, etc. , this saves a lot of time correcting the output and actually getting searchable documents onto file storage. I just hope that this product continues to develop and remains at its reasonable price point.

It literally helped my firm save HUNDREDS of man-hours of data entry by running all of our scanned documents through ABBYY and relying heavily upon its OCR to produce a variety of formats which we were able to quickly cross verify and enter into the accounting software. In short, the quality and intelligence of their OCR engine is tremendously accurate and fast!

The licensing stuff is a little TOO strict and often the remote licensing procedure has to be manually restarted within WIndows Services. We eventually bought more licenses after realizing that ABBYY will be a critical component in my firm's efforts to digitize all of our records and hard copies onto our cloud-hosted server. However, for a very small business that may not warrant another license purchase, they will quickly find out that ABBYY is quick to detect multiple sessions of the same serial code and will block both out. A little excessive, but I can understand their strict use and protection of this fine product.

Helen
Partner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

Abbyy FineReader - Simply the best!

Commentaires : Excellent! Although I have Adobe on my laptop, I never use it anymore!

It's easy to use, and has all the features and functionality that I need. I like the user interface quite a bit. It's so user-friendly - not surprising with how intuitive the functionality is.

Actually, I can't think of a single thing I don't like, or like less, about this software. It's so user friendly, and such a great value for the price!

Réponse de l'équipe de ABBYY Software House

il y a 2 ans

Dear Helen, Thank you for sharing your positive experience of working with FineReader PDF. Best Regards, ABBYY FineReader Team

Christian
President (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés

ABBYY FineReader PDF: good, but not great, not yet

3,0 il y a 4 mois

FineReader PDF appears to be a complete re-write and works well with macOS Monterey 12.4. It is extremely flexible in terms of output options when performing OCR on a PDF.

The previous macOS Fine Reader product allowed the user to specify, on one page, a region to be analyzed, and that region could be saved as a template of sorts that could then be applied to multiple pages in a single step, saving considerable time. That is, you'd draw the region once, and apply it to the remaining pages (if desired), which could be hundreds of pages. Now, we either have to accept the automatic area selection, or manually draw the regions on each page individually. Also, the software gives errors at times (which seem to go away with a restart of the machine) but I'm using a MacBook Pro 14 M1 Max, with 32 GB of RAM-- ABBYY should not need more than that. Finally, there are errors in the OCR output (missing returns) which means I have to manually examine the output and correct it. I wish FineReader PDF supported AppleScript as this would make it much more powerful for workflow automation. Overall it seems as if the product has some rough edges, but shows a lot of promise. I will keep watching for updates.

Reshmi
Software Engineer (Inde)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

simple software that makes everyday work easy!

4,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : It's great and worth the money. I wish I found this tool earlier. As a software engineer it's great to have a tool which can handle all the basic document editing functionalities. It also helps in managing all documents in one place.

My favourite features include the electronic signature, merge, and compression tools. Adding signatures to documents is very simple and intuitive, and the signatures look realistic and neat. Since I don't have to physically sign and scan the paperwork, this makes my job as a software engineer easier. Additionally, a lot of websites need papers of a specific size, and sending smaller documents is often simpler. For that, the compression tool is fairly helpful. Additionally, I can use the merging tool to reorganise the contents if necessary after combining numerous documents into a single PDF. I also like the OCR tool.

I don't have any major complaints about this software. The only minor issue is that sometimes it doesn't recognise characters correctly in scanned documents. But since it's mostly accurate it's manageable.

Radovan
CEO (Slovaquie)
Vente en gros, 2-10 employés

ABBYY is my second favourite office software.

5,0 il y a 11 mois

PDF to EXCEL converting, Abby screenshot reader

I like everything. Abby screenshot reader shoud have some editing options.

Réponse de l'équipe de ABBYY Software House

il y a 10 mois

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for the great review. We are happy to hear about your positive experience. Subscribe to our blog for tips, trends, and use cases to boost your document productivity even more! https://pdf.abbyy.com/blog/

Krzysztof
real estate agent (Pologne)
Immobilier, 11-50 employés

I recommend this program

5,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : This program is a real combine of possibilities, it has helped me many times in difficult situations when it was necessary to change the contract sent in pdf and in the form of scans, so it is worth having such a program

This program allows you to work with pdf files completely, you can edit files created from screenshots and scans, it has many more functions than the free version of adobe reader.

The price could be lower ;) In my work, I often need a program not only to read but also edit documents, often scans of documents, some information on documents must be obscured due to data protection, etc. basic programs do not provide such functions.

Data Analyst (É.-U.)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 51-200 employés

Best of the Best

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : There are many PDF files that have different way of aligning the Prices of their Catalogs. ABBYY was the closest vs others application to aligned them in a proper way and less editing. Saving us time and process.

Just how easy it is to convert PDF files to Excel.

We didn't have any issues. Everything was there what we normally need it.

Alternatives envisagées : Adobe Acrobat Reader

Pourquoi choisir ABBYY FineReader PDF : Just to convert a file from PDF to Excel it will put you in a waiting time and it was just time consuming and time is what we do not have.

Pourquoi passer à ABBYY FineReader PDF : The reason is sometimes when converting from PDF to Excel, there are some files that have errors and after the converting it just doesn't look good and was missing a lot of good information. I remember I spend a whole day looking for the best PDF Converter. I tried about 10 different Free Trials and tested them on the PDF that I knew it had errors and wanted to see which one will do the best job to converted. So the winner was Abby vs the others. Extremely Happy with end results and is a big Help using it.

Christopher
Artist (É.-U.)
Art/artisanat, Auto-entrepreneur

ABBYY Fine trader PDF Review

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : My overall experience with this software is pretty good I solve a lot of works on different purposes

This software is very accurate and effective to read make pdfs save important files also to collaborate and merge some.docs

Sometimes some.features are not too clearly to use and to get all the functions you get to buy a very full version of the software and some people can't get it

Carol
Enrolled Agent (É.-U.)
Services financiers, Auto-entrepreneur

Game Changer

5,0 il y a 4 mois

I bought Abbyy to use as an OCR for volunteer work but it turned out to be so much more. It’s become my default PDF viewer as well. I love the ability to add and delete pages to any PDF.

I really haven’t found anything I’m not happy with.

Alternatives envisagées : Adobe Acrobat Reader

Pourquoi passer à ABBYY FineReader PDF : It had great reviews for its OCR capabilities.

Eray
Company Co-Founder (Turquie)
Traduction et localisation, 2-10 employés

Good software for OCR

4,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

It is really easy to use this nice software

Some file formats cannot be properly transformed into Word files

Ije
Ije
Researcher+ (Afrique du Sud)
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur

Best PDF Editor in the market

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : Excellent! I'm a satisfied customer, and the customer service people have always attended to me promptly

1. I use abbyFine Reader to convert pdf, scanned documents, and photographic documents with text into the text of other formats or ebook formats of my choice (.epub, .azw3. .rtf, Word, Wordperfect, Html, Microsoft Word, editable pdf, etc.). AbbyFine Reader 15 is the only software to convert ebooks by recognizing pictures or tables and recognizing the layout in the source document as much as possible. 2. I use AbbyFineReader-15 and the version before to clean out unwanted text from a document. I mean, cut out unnecessary information I do not want to appear in my documents, or ebook or text conversion, or when I produce audios from the outputs 3. FineReader 15, as I have tested side by side with other pdf editors, can compare two documents of different formats of up to 5,000 – 10,000 pages or even more without asking you to reduce them into smaller chunks. 4. I have found AbbyFineReaderPDF-15 and the versions before the current version very useful for repairing photocopied items, cropping documents, and repairing mixed photographic and text pdf files with unassailable OCR capabilities. 5. I can search, insert, and delete blocks of text from pdf files. 6. Price-wise, this software is an investment, a must-have for organizations and individuals who handle documents of different formats, for people in academics, and people who move content from PDF to other multimedia formats.

So far so good, BUT add new functionalities, like (1) audio capabilities, (2) converting pdf to Publisher, (3) Improving ebook conversion

Steve
Content Creator (É.-U.)
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur

Best Overall PDF software I've found.

4,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : For the price, still the best program out there, and much improved in recent years. Great alternative to the terribly priced and overwrought Adobe.

Ease of Use in combining and editing documents. Simple to adjust, remove, merge, and edit text.

OCR function not wholly accurate, but no program is. Image adjustment is slower and has a steep learning curve. I wish you could work on doc image without first running OCR (adds time). Steeper learning curve on OCR. Commenting on docs not as clean/clear to follow along as on other programs.

Alternatives envisagées : PDF Studio

Pourquoi choisir ABBYY FineReader PDF : Needed a reliable and affordable pdf editor. Reach of the products above failed one of those criteria.

Logiciel antérieur : Adobe Acrobat Reader et Lumin PDF

Pourquoi passer à ABBYY FineReader PDF : I don't recall

William
Owner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur

ABBYY FineReader Version 15 creates compact .pdfs with OCR support for east Asian languages

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : I have used ABBYY FineReader since 2008, through several versions.

I routinely use FineReader to re-tool documents sent by clients and other attorneys into compact, clear .pdfs with OCR. File sizes are typically one-tenth the size of the scanned file I received, and usually at least one-third the file size. FR can correct trapezoidal distortion and improve text qualities in other ways. The text editing tools work smartly and easily. I appreciate that FR will OCR files in Japanese, Chinese, and Korean and mixed with English. I can also easily create .pdfs from cell phone photos sent of documents, page by page. FR also converts .pdfs to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint formats.

I am very pleased with FR version 15, but it lacks the excellent bulk .pdf processing scripts that you can write in Adobe Acrobat; however, the FR .pdf files are typically more compact than the Acrobat files. I also liked version 12, but I was not pleased with the changes from version 12 to 14. I found verion 14 unreasonably difficult to use.

Mustafa
IT Engineer (Algérie)
Vente au détail, 201-500 employés

The Perfect PDF editor

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I like many features in this pdf editor, maybe the most practical one is the after scan work like consolidating all the documents in one pdf file, rearrage them, flip if needed, change orientation, then just save the fantastinc result.

A wonderful work on pdf like: - Editing scanned documents - OCR and converting scanned documents to word or Excell - Consolidating files

I would like the OCR to work better on Arabic language like it's working perfectly on English and French, one other thing is Excell may also need some improvements, maybe it's already done on the latest version.

Alternatives envisagées : Foxit PDF Reader et Infix

IT Manager (Malaisie)
Comptabilité, 1 001-5 000 employés

The best for PDF editor

5,0 il y a 11 mois

ABBYY FineReader PDF has saves me countless hours of time of data entry. I can simply scanned the physical document and change the form to digital and running the OCR tools to make the text on the document editable. The OCR tools is the best i have tried and it can read the text perfectly even when the text is disoriented.

Some of the font can't be read by the software, especially for an Arabic font. It is also happen with a custom font and the software won't work well with this type of text. Other think that i hope they can improve is the licensing. The license is install on the computer, and it is not easy to transfer the license to other computer.

Jelena
Jelena
Owner, CEO (Serbie)

Powerfull tool for document archiving, document conversion, OCR and digitalization.

Commentaires : If you need to work with documents, this is a great tool for recognition, digitalization and conversion. Price is high and it uses high resources on a computer. If you have a high volume of documents to work with, this is a great tool.

Abbyy FineReader support for almost all languages is impressive. We use many different languages, so it is very important for us to have a tool that can recognize well. It is easy to use, with the simplified interface, one can work fast, through materials. FineReader can export to different types which is also a great function. Convert document formats and make them searchable, from scanned documents, screenshots or images to pdfs and html. It is very good for creating new documents from multiple files, which can be imported in one project then exported to a new file.

The price is fairly high for those who don't have many documents. It crashes sometimes while scanning documents with older scanners or when given more demanding tasks, like automatic scan of multiple pages. If the scan is lower quality, or font is small, there are some mistakes that need to be fixed manualy, which can be time consuming.

Charles
partner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

Highs and lows

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : I have two programs that index my entire hard disk, so it is key to have recognized text in all my saved files. I've tried all the other OCR-capable programs, and this is the best.

It does a great deal, and has super OCR. And the printer function allows you to add printed output to another pdf file, either at the beginning or end of the recipient file.

I have to reinstall it many times per week, often after the computer is put to sleep. Also, the print to pdf accessory seems usually -- but not always -- to print without keeping the text layer, so it has to be recognized again.

Josip
Josip
Sales Manager (Croatie)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

OCR that works!

ABBYY FineReader is a leader in OCR software and that means that their OCR is the best. It can perform character recognition in any language. I am amazed by all the functions that this piece of software has but one thing is so cool and I use it almost every day to help me organize papers in my office. That is "Hot Folder" - every time you add some document into the desired folder it automatically converts it for you into any type of document you want. It can be editable PDF, Word or any other combination you would ever want. It can do it! Text is recognized very well and without any errors almost every time.

Sometimes it is struggling with some special letters from foreign languages like Cyrillic or some letters like čćšđž and many times I found that those are recognized wrong. Also, it tends to keep layout and formatting as the original document but sometimes it doesn't work well. Also, when you are trying to manually select area for the recognition it can be very hard and tiring to do all that manually because the software didn't recognize page properly. Most of the times that is not needed but when you are shooting or scanning in lower resolutions be prepared for that.

Alex
Investigator - data interrogation (Afrique du Sud)
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés

Most versatile OCR software

Commentaires : I use Abby for a number of purposes, however where it is most useful to me is to convert financial data for analysis in Microsoft Excel for further analysis.

One of the most useful aspects of Abbyy Finereader, especially when compared to other OCR software is the level of control offered to the user. This enables poor quality scans as an example to be cleaned up and optimized for recognition. It is easy to edit pages collectively or individually to compensate for distortions and even deal with water marks and poor quality images. The accuracy is phenomenal and ability to use dictionaries or customize your own increases recognition capacity. Abbyy Fine Reader has greatly improved over the years and i expect great things from them in the future as technology evolves.

I do have a wish list: A setting to have ability to ignore pages during recognition. The ability to ignore a column within a table. A way to verify text in a chosen sequence such as down then up and or select areas to ignore.

Alvaro
Alvaro
Account Manager (Philippines)
Équipements publics, 1 001-5 000 employés

Scan, OCR, Edit!

Commentaires : Powerful OCR software for both PC and Mac! Works offline, and can do the job in batches hassle-free.

I've been using Abbyy Finereader for about a decade now (since I stumbled upon it with a friend who digitized a lot of his readings). Abbyy is a powerful OCR software! I say powerful, because it captures nearly everything you throw at it, JPG, PDF... and if you're lucky, even handwritten notes are captures (often as image, but sometimes as text too!). It allows to import directly to Microsoft word for text editing. It even mimics the original scanned document in terms of the page layout and text sizes. Very useful for digitizing your existing documents (which you do not have a digital copy of). Heck, you can even scan and OCR an entire book! (copyrights apply, of course). Another good thing for me.... I can use if offline! Modern OCR apps require you to go online (which I cannot always be given the nature of my work and travels).

Now there are many other alternatives to using ABBYY as an OCR software, and most come as a free service (e.g., Google, Dropbox). It is even made easier now due to the proliferation of mobile phones. Scan a document via mobile phone, then use the online services for OCR, all for free now.

Eugene
Business Development Manager (Ukraine)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés

A convenient program for scanning and recognizing documents

Earlier I had to work a lot with the documents of our company and client contracts. For example, the customer brought a paper version of the contract, I scanned it, recognized it, rules of error, etc. And all this happened with the help of Fine Reader professional versions. I also like that you can translate and save in various formats. For example, text in the format djwu or pdf, and even not copied, after carrying out the text through this program you can save the text in Word and use it anywhere and anyhow. In general, this is a simple and convenient program, albeit not cheap.

I happened that some versions of ABBYY Fine Reader did not recognize the printer and I had to reinstall the program or run to a colleague and ask him to print the necessary document processed in the application. In doing so, I had a standard Canon printer, so there should not be any problems.

Dawn
Na (É.-U.)
Recherche, Auto-entrepreneur

Excellent for assistive tech

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : It is helped greatly with creating document Fields with radio buttons, electronically signing a document and scan an absolute tons of research material that would be in accessible any other way. It has been invaluable for research purposes though I would like to learn a faster way to import documents rather than doing a six step process by hand. (This may be scheduling a hot folder but I need to try that yet. I love the potential there because find reader is the only product I've heard about this possibility.)

Ability to keyword search without OCR to see if I need to OCR for research purposes — saving hours of time. Cheaper than true assistive technology for conversion purposes, even though fine reader is not entirelY accessible by voice, it is sometimes easier to see than some other assistive tech software. Used by college campuses for textbooks so I know it can scan books I need.

Needs LAME mp3 encoder and quality voices package (ivona, Acapela etc.) with Read Aloud feature with ability to export (if only for disabled people). This needs the ability to choose from a wide range of voices. The reason is that I have to OCR in Finereader then open the doc in Acrobat to Read Aloud, and then I have no way to play the document on my cell phone as an audiobook or burn it to cd to take with me. I can submit a book request to Bookshare for their mp3 but that can take years if at all. I need to know conversion tips like the disabled services at college campuses know, such as how to remove different colored highlighter colors to make a clean paper even if the real one is marked up. I need to learn more about storing multiple documents long term without my computer crashing. I purchased find reader mobile and finally the PDF in the same package, fine reader PDF is usable but occasionally says that my license doesn’t work. The mobile app became unusable as in a trial even though I have purchased it almost immediately. I would like it up and running again

Robert
Retired physician (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, Auto-entrepreneur

Excellent for translations and improved accuracy over the previous versions.

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : This was a tremendous help in translating a document written in a German typeface from the 1800s. I trained the software to read this archaic font and then was able to copy and paste the text of the document into an on line translator to find what it said. I am a long time user of Fine Reader 8 and the recent updates of the program had not been any more accurate than version 8 until this one, Version 15. I bought the newest version to obtain improved accuracy of character recognition and document formatting.

Its accuracy; it is an improvement over the previous version. I owned version 8 and would periodically try newer versions as they were offered, but the accuracy wasn't any better than that of version 8 despite what the advertising said. Version 15 was noticeably more accurate for the types of documents I OCR. I like that you can buy it as an owned program and not as a subscription. There's a music OCR program I like, but because it's a subscription, I won't buy it. I like having quick access to diacritical marks and symbols in this version.

I had been a user of version 8 for many years. The layout of the program was different and I still sometimes struggle to find a function that I want to do. I dislike having to double click on a page image on the left side to get it to display in the OCR windows. In version 8 I just had to click on the image once to change pages. I miss having the text name of functions written below icons. Verification should be just to the right of Recognize rather than on the far right. The flow is currently wrong: it should be recognize, verify, save.

Thomas
Detailer (É.-U.)
Construction, 51-200 employés

Abbyy Finereader has become a daily tool in my workplace

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : Abbyy has allowed us to turn what used to be a very manual task into a simple copy paste method, meaning we can do far more work every day then we were capable of before.

The program has an intuitive interface and is consistent and capable when it comes to PDF editing and excel table extractions

I wish the document combining took less steps