Avis clients sur ABBYY FineReader PDF

4,6 /5
  • Service client
    4,8 /5

En savoir plus sur ABBYY FineReader PDF

FineReader est une application logicielle OCR et PDF tout-en-un qui permet d'augmenter la productivité des entreprises lors de l'utilisation de documents.

En savoir plus sur ABBYY FineReader PDF

118 avis affichés

Pattar and co. C.
Accountant
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 25/10/2018

"Extremely valuable tool in fostering automation for my small-sized accounting firm"

Commentaires: For anyone in the finance industry, it is now simply understood that numbers are no longer "crunched" by overworked accountants battling customer-driven deadlines. That is all gone by way of automation. The only hang-up to a seamless input into automation is the fact that much of it still is stored as paper, believe it or not. My firm in particular made a push to start digitizing all of our records and in this process, I learned much about OCR technology. There are hundreds of products that say they can OCR, but the fact that ABBYY can process a HUGE variety of documents, fonts, etc. , this saves a lot of time correcting the output and actually getting searchable documents onto file storage. I just hope that this product continues to develop and remains at its reasonable price point.

Avantages: It literally helped my firm save HUNDREDS of man-hours of data entry by running all of our scanned documents through ABBYY and relying heavily upon its OCR to produce a variety of formats which we were able to quickly cross verify and enter into the accounting software. In short, the quality and intelligence of their OCR engine is tremendously accurate and fast!

Inconvénients: The licensing stuff is a little TOO strict and often the remote licensing procedure has to be manually restarted within WIndows Services. We eventually bought more licenses after realizing that ABBYY will be a critical component in my firm's efforts to digitize all of our records and hard copies onto our cloud-hosted server. However, for a very small business that may not warrant another license purchase, they will quickly find out that ABBYY is quick to detect multiple sessions of the same serial code and will block both out. A little excessive, but I can understand their strict use and protection of this fine product.

• Publié le 25/10/2018
Helen C.
Partner
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 13/10/2020

"Abbyy FineReader - Simply the best!"

Commentaires: Excellent! Although I have Adobe on my laptop, I never use it anymore!

Avantages: It's easy to use, and has all the features and functionality that I need. I like the user interface quite a bit. It's so user-friendly - not surprising with how intuitive the functionality is.

Inconvénients: Actually, I can't think of a single thing I don't like, or like less, about this software. It's so user friendly, and such a great value for the price!

• Publié le 13/10/2020
Teaching Assistant
Aviation et industrie aéronautique, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 02/10/2019

"decent Pdf reader"

Avantages: ABBYY is a very good PDF reader. lightweight software compared to other solutions

Inconvénients: Features are not very comprehensive such with the industry standards

• Publié le 02/10/2019
David B.
Principal Consultant
Services financiers, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois

"Full Featured Product"

Commentaires: I love it. I had been looking for something like this and discosvered it via a recommendation.

Avantages: The ability to extract to Excel was my main requirement. This makes it quite easy although its not perfect. Having said that some of the pdf files were not that clear so I was asking a lot. It is the best I have seen for the price.

Inconvénients: I have notintegrated it with my processes and probably use less than 20% of its capacity. I expect that it will useful for me to spend more time learning. Not sure there is much availble online though. It woudl be nice to udnerstanda process flow.

Jelena U.
Owner, CEO
  • Publié le 17/05/2018

"Powerfull tool for document archiving, document conversion, OCR and digitalization."

Commentaires: If you need to work with documents, this is a great tool for recognition, digitalization and conversion. Price is high and it uses high resources on a computer. If you have a high volume of documents to work with, this is a great tool.

Avantages: Abbyy FineReader support for almost all languages is impressive. We use many different languages, so it is very important for us to have a tool that can recognize well.
It is easy to use, with the simplified interface, one can work fast, through materials.
FineReader can export to different types which is also a great function.
Convert document formats and make them searchable, from scanned documents, screenshots or images to pdfs and html.
It is very good for creating new documents from multiple files, which can be imported in one project then exported to a new file.

Inconvénients: The price is fairly high for those who don't have many documents.
It crashes sometimes while scanning documents with older scanners or when given more demanding tasks, like automatic scan of multiple pages.
If the scan is lower quality, or font is small, there are some mistakes that need to be fixed manualy, which can be time consuming.

• Publié le 17/05/2018
Brittany H.
Manager: Communications and Marketing
Conseil en gestion, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 23/12/2019

"Frequent updates please"

Avantages: I bought ABBYY FineReader in order to digitize contracts, brochures and other documents. I like the fact that developers monitor their product: they constantly fix bugs, add new useful features and modify old ones. The product is just nice to use.

Inconvénients: The program used to be very bad. Auto brightness and a preview of the result did not work there. It was possible to save documents in only a few formats, because most were not supported. Now the program has already been finalized, I did not find any shortcomings in the latest version.

• Publié le 23/12/2019
Services juridiques, 11-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 22/01/2020

"Great software with some issues"

Commentaires: Excellent value for the money, I wish they could solve the "out of memory" issue.

Avantages: This is an amazing piece of software for handling large amount of scanned documents. When it's working it's probably 5x-10x faster than Adobe Acrobat DC in recognizing text. Customer support is also very responsive.

Inconvénients: It often runs out of memory on larger documents, regardless of how much free memory your PC has. This usually happening above 1,000 pages. I think the issue is that this is a 32bit software and cant address memory of over 4GB, but somehow Adobe could manage the same on 32bit (but of course Adobe is much slower). This could be quite annoying when you scanned in 1000+ pages and unable to save the file, not fun starting it again the scanning. We have tried the tips from customer support but it wont help.
The workaround is to scan smaller documents and use Acrobat or similar to combine them.
Basically you need both Acrobat and Finereader for a good setup, what is a shame cause otherwise Finereader is really great.

• Publié le 22/01/2020
David Y.
Managing Editor
Édition, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 29/08/2020

"The Best OCR Reader on the Market"

Commentaires: Overall my experience with ABBYY FineReader PDF has been extremely positive. Although I've not used it for an extended period of time as of this writing, it has more than paid for itself in terms of time saved. Highly recommended if your line of work requires conversion of PDFs to editable file formats.

Avantages: The software is fantastic in its ability to quickly and, most importantly, with accuracy, covert PDF files for optical character reading (OCR). It outputs high-quality OCR and has an easy-to-use interface that even newcomers can grasp. It also allows you to export to multiple file formats in addition to Microsoft Word. What I like most about this software is the amount of time we save by using it.

Inconvénients: There is really nothing negative about this software. I have noticed that when I do searches, it's a bit slow, but overall that is a very minor quibble and one that should not prevent one from using it.

• Publié le 29/08/2020
Hyacinth O.
Administrator
Photographie, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit

"ABBYY FineReader Review"

Avantages: Image Character Recognition.
PDF Reader.
File Conversion i.e. I can save in other formats.
Easy GUI Interface
Import/Export system

Inconvénients: I will like ABBYY FineReader to include the Sign and Send Feature into their system

Lucas B.
Sales Department
Pêche, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 19/12/2019

"I am pleased with the program, but it can be done better"

Avantages: ABBYY FineReader perfectly recognizes text in tables and lists. It is practically not necessary to edit the result. ABBYY FineReader is a great way to save yourself from monotonous work.

Inconvénients: It would be great if the program could recognize handwritten text. Now the program does not even recognize good handwriting. I also noticed that formatting the result is sometimes different from formatting in the original document.

• Publié le 19/12/2019
Josip L.
Sales Manager
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

"OCR that works!"

Avantages: ABBYY FineReader is a leader in OCR software and that means that their OCR is the best. It can perform character recognition in any language. I am amazed by all the functions that this piece of software has but one thing is so cool and I use it almost every day to help me organize papers in my office. That is "Hot Folder" - every time you add some document into the desired folder it automatically converts it for you into any type of document you want. It can be editable PDF, Word or any other combination you would ever want. It can do it!
Text is recognized very well and without any errors almost every time.

Inconvénients: Sometimes it is struggling with some special letters from foreign languages like Cyrillic or some letters like čćšđž and many times I found that those are recognized wrong. Also, it tends to keep layout and formatting as the original document but sometimes it doesn't work well. Also, when you are trying to manually select area for the recognition it can be very hard and tiring to do all that manually because the software didn't recognize page properly. Most of the times that is not needed but when you are shooting or scanning in lower resolutions be prepared for that.

Alex V.
Investigator - data interrogation
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 27/08/2019

"Most versatile OCR software"

Commentaires: I use Abby for a number of purposes, however where it is most useful to me is to convert financial data for analysis in Microsoft Excel for further analysis.

Avantages: One of the most useful aspects of Abbyy Finereader, especially when compared to other OCR software is the level of control offered to the user. This enables poor quality scans as an example to be cleaned up and optimized for recognition. It is easy to edit pages collectively or individually to compensate for distortions and even deal with water marks and poor quality images. The accuracy is phenomenal and ability to use dictionaries or customize your own increases recognition capacity. Abbyy Fine Reader has greatly improved over the years and i expect great things from them in the future as technology evolves.

Inconvénients: I do have a wish list: A setting to have ability to ignore pages during recognition.
The ability to ignore a column within a table.
A way to verify text in a chosen sequence such as down then up and or select areas to ignore.

• Publié le 27/08/2019
Alvaro M.
Account Manager
Équipements publics, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 17/07/2018

"Scan, OCR, Edit!"

Commentaires: Powerful OCR software for both PC and Mac! Works offline, and can do the job in batches hassle-free.

Avantages: I've been using Abbyy Finereader for about a decade now (since I stumbled upon it with a friend who digitized a lot of his readings). Abbyy is a powerful OCR software! I say powerful, because it captures nearly everything you throw at it, JPG, PDF... and if you're lucky, even handwritten notes are captures (often as image, but sometimes as text too!). It allows to import directly to Microsoft word for text editing. It even mimics the original scanned document in terms of the page layout and text sizes. Very useful for digitizing your existing documents (which you do not have a digital copy of). Heck, you can even scan and OCR an entire book! (copyrights apply, of course). Another good thing for me.... I can use if offline! Modern OCR apps require you to go online (which I cannot always be given the nature of my work and travels).

Inconvénients: Now there are many other alternatives to using ABBYY as an OCR software, and most come as a free service (e.g., Google, Dropbox). It is even made easier now due to the proliferation of mobile phones. Scan a document via mobile phone, then use the online services for OCR, all for free now.

• Publié le 17/07/2018
Eugene O.
Business Development Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 10/08/2018

"A convenient program for scanning and recognizing documents"

Avantages: Earlier I had to work a lot with the documents of our company and client contracts. For example, the customer brought a paper version of the contract, I scanned it, recognized it, rules of error, etc. And all this happened with the help of Fine Reader professional versions. I also like that you can translate and save in various formats. For example, text in the format djwu or pdf, and even not copied, after carrying out the text through this program you can save the text in Word and use it anywhere and anyhow. In general, this is a simple and convenient program, albeit not cheap.

Inconvénients: I happened that some versions of ABBYY Fine Reader did not recognize the printer and I had to reinstall the program or run to a colleague and ask him to print the necessary document processed in the application. In doing so, I had a standard Canon printer, so there should not be any problems.

• Publié le 10/08/2018
Sk J.
BUSINESS PARTNER
  • Publié le 02/08/2018

"Excellent software for my internet cafe not requiring me to type texts manually all the time"

Commentaires: I hate typing. This software helps me avoid typing and yet be productive.

Avantages: Amazed with this software which I wonder should have known earlier for my typing needs for my internet cafe. Earlier, I used to type manually all the typing jobs I used to receive in hard copy. When I came to know about this software, I could not believe that just with a scan copy of printed text, the technology could sense and give me output in word form. Typing is after all a monotonous job. I now just scan the hard copy and done. Also, no need to type manually jpg or pdf files, saving lot of time and energy adding productivity to the work place.

Inconvénients: However, the software too often fails when the hard copy is hand written instead of typed text. There is a lot of room for improvement here and the makers of this software should be aware of the same. Hopefully, future versions should also be adept in figuring out hand-written texts accurately.

• Publié le 02/08/2018
Ahmet A.
General Manager
Matériaux de construction, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 09/10/2018

"Cool recognizes text, functional develops"

Avantages: Our company is quite modern, but many customers and customers still work according to the old scheme: they create a document, print it out and bring it to us. They are so comfortable, and we have to transfer everything back to the computer. Manually, of course, we do not do this, but use FineReader. It does an excellent job with the conversion, but errors sometimes happen, especially with regard to the recognition of special characters. In general, I like everything.

Inconvénients: The 14th version of the program does not work correctly: the automatic brightness adjustment broke, the document opens on the second attempt, the contrast change function disappears. Hope this is fixed.

• Publié le 09/10/2018
Evgeny F.
Chief Financial Officer
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 13/08/2018

"I've tried different recognition programs, but Fine Reader is the best!"

Avantages: I have been using Fine Reader ever since the 4 version appeared on sale and is very pleased with the result of the work. For example, if earlier only the text of excellent quality was suitable for recognition, now the photo from the phone is quite suitable for the program. I, for example, so easily recognize the preliminary contracts that customers bring. I just take pictures of them on my phone, transfer them to a computer and then easily process the document as I need.

Inconvénients: Some characters, often found in my documents, Fine Reader has never learned to recognize. I have to insert such symbols in manual mode, which takes a lot of time.

• Publié le 13/08/2018
Rishi B.
Business Owner
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 26/12/2018

"Typing from scratch to only editing"

Commentaires: We have replaced the habit of typing from scratch to only editing with an initial copy accurate close to 99 percent.

Avantages: When it comes to printed texts of which we have no soft copy, earlier the only way to make it digital was typing (not talking about image formats like jpg). With ABBYY FineReader, I have reduced the amount of typing by almost 99 percent. Often, customers come to us with printed papers asking for reproducing the same with a bit of editing. We now just scan the copy, upload to ABBYY FineReader, and get the final output in MS Word format. I wish I should have known about this technology much earlier.

Inconvénients: The software is constantly improving and there is always a room for improvement in deciphering text more accurately when the input given not so clear.

• Publié le 26/12/2018
Chuck D.
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur

"Best in Class OCR"

Commentaires: I was implementing an extraction engine for clients, to extract information from image-based PDFs to be used in a bespoke solution. I evaluated several competing solutions- some open source. But none came close to ABBYY. Though there were procurement and licensing issues, they worked with us and legal to work through it. We were even able to customize it with a licensing server that made keeping track of the license terms and use very easy.

Avantages: The support was top notch
They worked with us for licensing
Very flexible
Very powerful features
Very accurate

Inconvénients: The price can be prohibitive
The licensing can be painful to work through

Kevin H.
IT Director
Cabinet d'avocats, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 23/08/2019

"Great product"

Commentaires: We use it with a Fujitsu scanner and a PC with a 6 core i7 processor, and the results are fantastic.

Avantages: FineReader is exceptional at doing OCR and pairs well with a high-end scanner and strong CPU. It supports multi-cores, and with the right Intel processor will do an exceptional job running OCR on thousands of pages in short order.

Inconvénients: It takes a bit of tweaking with the scan settings to find just the right setup for your hardware so that the OCR process runs as quickly as possible while giving you great accuracy.

• Publié le 23/08/2019
Natalia C.
Human Resources Consultant
Ressources humaines, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 13/10/2018

"An indispensable program for my work"

Avantages: A significant part of my work is office routine - working with documents, processing files of candidates for a particular position. FineReader is helping me out with text recognition. I do not know what to do without it. It saves a lot of time, while the finished text almost does not have to edit.

Inconvénients: The program consumes a lot of resources. Because of this, I did not immediately understand why my computer began to work more slowly. Partially solved the problem like this: disabled autoload with Windows.

• Publié le 13/10/2018
Cynde Q.
Senior Director
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 27/04/2019

"Quickly recognize text"

Avantages: There are individuals who continue to send scans of the text instead of the usual file. To edit a document, you have to use a program that translates the image into the usual docx format. The FineReader service does a good job with text recognition.

Inconvénients: You can't do without mistakes - it is advisable to reread the resulting text at least once. Surely there are a couple of typos in it. In addition, the formatting is often broken during the translation.

• Publié le 27/04/2019
Joseric M.
Équipements publics, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 29/03/2019

"Must have for the digital transformation"

Avantages: In our efforts since last year to move into a fully digital (paperless) office, we found that we're still far off. We still have several manual business processes that involve passing around physical paper/forms. Then we found Abby Finereader. We are using this software to scan our documents and convert some of them into a searchable PDF or the ability to use OCR technology to be able to edit the scanned documents in MS Word or Google Docs (ready for cut&paste etc). Much help also is the feature which allows us to automate our doc conversions via what is called a 'Hot Folder' This allows for scheduled and batch jobs. So just set it up, let it run while you do other things, then come back to a finished job. Lastly, I love the fact that Abby Finereader now has a client for Android use. Now we can do our work on the go, and send it direct via email or save to the cloud. Very useful for meetings and workshops outside the office.

Inconvénients: To be honest, I have no gripes with Abbyy. I've been using it for a long time now and it has really improved a lot (with more features) over the years.

• Publié le 29/03/2019
Melania D.
HR Business Partner
Produits pharmaceutiques, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 23/05/2019

"Lightning fast digitization"

Avantages: I have been working with text recognition software for a long time, but ABBYY FineReader surprised me. I have not seen before that digitization was done so quickly. I also like that the program understands not only text, but also recognizes tables.

Inconvénients: In general, I am satisfied with the program, but the program confuses some symbols. The most frequent problem is when the program instead of zero writes the other letter.

• Publié le 23/05/2019
Exp. Senior Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 02/05/2019

"Need to take paper to digital? Use THIS."

Commentaires: I implemented it on my father's work place. They run a medical facility, and receive much documentation in paper. Being able to digitalize that paperwork in a pre-automated way has saved them a lot of time and effort, inceasing efficiancy, A LOT.

Avantages: Have lots of documentation that needs to be digitalized? This is the tool you're looking for.

Inconvénients: Handwriting recognition could improve. Some spanish characters are not well recognized, but this has been enhanced over the years.

• Publié le 02/05/2019