Easy to use, great intro price and hard to integrate in a fast manner to lead pages.

Publié le 16/07/2017
David F.
Managing Partner
Organisme social ou civique, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Personally I did not receive any benefit but that's not to say that there's not a place for it in the marketplace. For a small business or maybe a small church or small nonprofit doesn't need integrative approaches which I think everybody should but if they don't use them then this would be a wonderful email client for that sort of consumer.

Avantages: They offer a great free option and their layouts are attractive and really easy to use. I had used them in the past and a decade later I return to using the product however although I enjoyed the templates the relationship was short-lived.

Inconvénients: With one click integrations and the open API there are solutions out there that are much more effective at an integrated approach. I mainly use word press and I have found some great integrations out there but VerticalResponse is not one of them. Further they do not give you a lot of functionality and placement of the web form that collects data and then automates the email chain. Maybe I was missing work to do so, but it was frustrating that the web form only was in one vertical type of a set up and aesthetically it did fit the area on the website that it was dedicated to be placed. So for that reason alone I just continued use and return to a more familiar email client.

Great looking e-newsletters!

Publié le 01/03/2019
Gregg B.
Executive Director
Institutions religieuses, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: There are a lot of email campaign tools out there and VerticalResponse is one of the best I've encountered for managing and scheduling e-newsletter distribution at a reasonable cost.

Avantages: With VerticalResponse I was able to go from a spreadsheet of member names and email addresses to send my first e-newsletter in less than an hour. Easy to use templates guide content creation and offers flexible scheduling options that include social media posting. List management lets subscribers opt in and out without manual intervention and includes tools to build landing pages and links for subscription. Simple reporting is included in the free system and shows delivery/open rates. Advanced reporting allows a deeper dive into the analytics of your mail campaigns.

Inconvénients: I sometimes wish the content blocks used to build the e-newsletter were a little more configurable - such as allowing more free movement of images and better font management - but the system makes clean looking e-newsletter that are actually opened and read!

A Diamond in the rough!

Publié le 01/02/2019
Chris S.
Pastor
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love Vertical Response. It makes it easy to time, share, send marketing campaigns across digital platforms and does so at an incredible price. (With a great incentive for non-profits!)

Avantages: I love this software as it gives me the ability to send high-quality HTML e-mails to our groups. The design tools are nice and easy to use. It makes our marketing campaigns look great for a great price.

Inconvénients: If you do not know about CSV documents it can be hard to upload lists and files to the server. A quick tutorial eases this problem.

Easy To Use

Publié le 10/02/2019
Chief Engagement Officer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience has been great. Outside of a few emails being blocked. But, that means the system was being protective and allowed us an opportunity to do additional cleaning of our lists.

Avantages: What I like most about Vertical Response is that it's really easy to use. Once my contacts were imported, we were up and running. They offer many templates that can be used for various types of emails and eblasts. The entire process is simple and you can easily track how your emails are performing. They offer a lot of value for the price.

Inconvénients: What I like least about Vertical Response is that the platform is limited. It's great for a startup business, but when your needs start to get more complex as your list grows, there's not much room for growth with appropriate features to match. Additionally, the features to allow new subscribers to your lists from outside sources were a challenge and didn't always work.

Good

Publié le 18/04/2018
Lakesha B.
Ceo
Support client

Avantages: I have had this software for over a year and it was really easy to use for the most part it was really organized..they have been around for a long time so i was impressed with their track record.

Inconvénients: I had some user errors on my end but as far as the software i dont have any complaints that i can think of.

Gets the job done

Publié le 05/03/2018
Michelle M.
Marketing Automation Manager
501-1 000 employés

Commentaires: Ease of use

Avantages: This tool was very easy to use when we were starting out our email journey. The list upload process and email creation was simple. The software also allowed us to track performance, which contributed to other email tactics to test. It was also relatively inexpensive.

Inconvénients: At no fault of the product, our needs grew out of the tool, so we upgraded to a marketing automation platform.

WorldPay Review

Publié le 01/08/2019
Sam B.
Digital Marketing Assistant
Impression, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very user friendly site. Easy to navigate, always know what I'm meant to be doing

Avantages: The system is extremely easy to use and essentially sits in the background and does its work without too much input from us due to the automated nature of the software.

Inconvénients: Occasionally have some issues with customer support taking too long to reply, leaving us with issues for longer than we'd normally like.

love using Vertical Response for my email marketing because it's very user-friendly

Publié le 31/05/2018
Claudette S.
Offie Manager
Recrutement, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Convenient and easy to use. Has really helped our business gro

Avantages: Easy to use and user friendly, had no problems learning this software quickly and proficiently. Just wish our office had discoveryed this sooner

Inconvénients: There isn't anything so far that I dislike about this software. Easy to use, use friendly. Only wish we had found it sooner!

Limited customization, freezes up often

Publié le 11/09/2019
Diane B.
Marketing Consultant
Arts de la scène, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like the way the end product (email) appears. They look neat and clean and are easy to read.

Inconvénients: The work that it takes to achieve the end result seems excessive. You click and drag a block into place then you have to go to the trouble of deleting what is already there in order to add your image or text. Finding the correct block for each aspect sometimes takes trial and error. It would be so nice if an image block could just be reduced or enlarged right there on the screen. When I choose my font, size, color, sometimes VR doesn't "remember" what I was using so I have to re-apply those things multiple times in each email as I proceed. VR also freezes up for me very (too) often. That may be my computer. However, when it does freeze up, even if I have saved my work just before, sometimes that work is gone when I reopen VR. This is the first email program I've used and it was in place when I began in my current position. Everytime I have to produce an email, I keep thinking, "there has got to be an easier way."

Great way to communicate with a large amount of people

Publié le 23/04/2019
Certified Personal Trainer
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am able to communicate different types of information to many people in a minute or less!

Avantages: Vertical Response has great customization features to be able to group users to send various types of communication. It is an inexpensive (free for most) way to communicate with a large amount of people.

Inconvénients: I have not had any issues with it so far.

Vertical Response gets the word out!

Publié le 11/09/2019
Daniel C.
Pastor
Institutions religieuses, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My former church used VR to email electronic copies of the newsletter to all members for whom we had email addresses, which cut back on our paper usage.

Avantages: When I did use VR at a former church, I liked the ease of being able to send email blasts to the entire congregation. The software itself is complex and is capable of many functions, but its interface is simple and user-friendly.
In addition, the emails stick out from the regular commercial emails one receives on a day-to-day basis.

Inconvénients: What I liked least about this software is that a occasionally, the VR email would end up in members' junk mailboxes--but that is the fault of the email server and not VR.

A reliable email marketing company.

Publié le 29/03/2018
Aaron J.
manager/sr. designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Weekly email marketing. Easy to use and affordable monthly plans.

Avantages: It is really easy to use. No need to write codes so anyone can use it. You can link your social media accounts as well.

Inconvénients: None so far. Weve been using this for more than 6 years now. We now use a monthly plan which makes it convenient and affordable.

Mass emailing made easy!

Publié le 01/05/2018
Director Of Operations
Produits chimiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Vertical Response has great design features and templates to help businesses and organizations convey there messages in appealing ways. They help you organize email lists and contacts so that messages can be targeted to maximize impact.

Inconvénients: Unfortunately, VR has a slightly higher bounce rate than some of the other softwares out there but it is not the highest. Additionally, it could benefit from an option to organize emails sent into folders.

Easy to use and stable platform

Publié le 24/07/2018
Marketing Associate - Digital and Technical Marketing
51-200 employés
Support client

Avantages: It's easy to build and get an email out of the door. The customer service has been pleasant to deal with when help is needed.

Inconvénients: There really aren't any cons. It does what it advertises. However, when you need something more robust like automation, you will need to upgrade to a different email platform.

Best Newsletter Software

Publié le 26/08/2019
Sue F.
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Everything about Vertical Response is great. They have built-in templates for your newsletter or you can design your own. Very easy to use and you can have multiple mailing lists

Inconvénients: You can't always know who has actually read your newsletter.

Emails look good, but people don't see them.

Publié le 21/12/2016
Lindsay K.
Children's Ministry Assistant
Institutions religieuses, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Creating an email and sending it is super easy! The challenge is that our recipients, who have asked to receive the emails, have to search through their junk or clutter or trash email folders to find the emails. It is really hard to receive emails from Vertical response. When I first started receiving emails from our organization, I had to search for the email and move the email from junk to important multiple times. As an organization, we have actually stopped using vertical response, because it is not a good way to communicate with our recipients. It would be great if they could receive the emails and not have to search for them.

Avantages: Super easy to use! Great templates help you create fabulous looking emails.

Inconvénients: Our recipients don't get the emails. We have checked to ensure info is correct. If they can find the email in their junk folder, they will interact with the email, click on links, but still the next an email comes it will still go to their spam or clutter folder.

Work Arounds

Publié le 27/12/2018
Marketing Assistant
Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It sends emails to who I want them to be sent to. Uploading contacts is easy.

Inconvénients: If you've used another email marketing tool, you'll hate Vertical Response. First, you'll probably lose half your opens due to their emails getting stuck in spam folders. Second, in order to make your emails look as good as, a constant contact or mail chimp email, you better have some photoshop skills. I've had to upload entire sections of emails as images, because Vertical Response fights you every step of the way if you want to do any formatting or customization. Third, there's no garuntee your email will show up the way you intended. I've had three different people send me screenshots of three different formats of the same email. Again, if you want to make sure it's the way you want it, draft it up in photoshop and save the whole thing as an image. I hate Vertical Response. It makes my job more difficult and forces me to spend triple the time I normally would to make a decent email. Constant Contact and Mail Chimp are way better.

Best customer service!

Publié le 12/12/2016
Kalyn H.
Program Developer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Vertical response is a great option for small-large nonprofits or organizations who are looking for a mass emailer. The features are great with simple, customizable templates. It is a drag and drop system that allows you to pull text, photos, etc. with ease. You can deliver your message in a clear, creative way!

Avantages: Easy to use! User-friendly with many options. Also, has a very low spam rate!

Inconvénients: Have had a couple of glitches, email images not showing up, difficulty sending while in a foreign country.

Vertical Response provides a convenient and easy way for our company to produce attractive e-blasts.

Publié le 27/06/2017
Meghan K.
Marketing Digital Assistant
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I really appreciate its straightforward and simplistic user interface. It makes it easy to put eblasts together in a snap.

Inconvénients: It can be difficult to manipulate the layout of elements in the eblast. Sometimes I will move one thing and it will distort the entire layout.

Email communication made easy

Publié le 27/11/2018
Lewis H.
Sales and Marketing
Vente en gros, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have created content and emailed to thousands of email addresses . the process is fast easy and professional when done. I can customize lists and it helps me keep track of who has opened my emails. you can schedule follow ups for non-responders and track unsubscribes.

Avantages: This is an amazing package. You can create campaigns from their templates and turn out beautiful professional content. Very customizable and easy to use , if you can type a letter you can use this. Prices are based on the amount of contacts you service and it is the best I have seen.

Inconvénients: No cons, only wish I had used it sooner. it has made life easier

Lags behind more modern competitors

Publié le 03/04/2019
Associate Community Manager
Immobilier, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: VerticalResponse is probably a reasonable tool for smaller businesses and organizations with slim marketing budgets and little need to mass communicate. For larger organizations with greater communications needs and higher customer expectations, this is probably not the optimal platform.

Avantages: VerticalResponse was fairly early on the email marketing scene, so it's got a modest suite of features that have a proven track record. From a cost perspective, VerticalResponse is a pretty efficient method of communicating with customers

Inconvénients: The flip side of VerticalResponse's early arrival on the email marketing scene is this: it simply hasn't adapted at the same rate as competitors and its overall usability has suffered as a result. Ranked against ConstantContact and MailChimp, VerticalResponse would come in third in user interface, third of visual appeal, and third in automation capability.

Good value for mass emailing

Publié le 24/02/2019
Sierra H.
Photographer
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a good value and once you have a template you like it works well.

Avantages: This is a very affordable solution for sending mass emails. The templates are also very helpful especially if the emails you plan to send are all the same format.

Inconvénients: It is difficult to rearrange photo and text boxes.

Overall a decent email solution

Publié le 14/11/2017
Kevin M.
Marketing Team Lead
Support client

Avantages: I really like the list building and segmenting functionality, it provides a great email testing solution.

Inconvénients: Designing emails isn't quite as simple, the templates aren't the highest quality and the customer service is merely adequate.

You can't beat free!

Publié le 04/12/2018
Lori G.
Executive Director

Commentaires: Excellent!

Avantages: I am so grateful that Vertical Response offers non-profits a solution at no cost to help us grow and achieve excellence in our communications.

Inconvénients: I find some of the interfaces a little hard to figure out, but have never been stumped.

I've used Vertical Response for about two years.

Publié le 22/02/2018
Yan F.
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés

Commentaires: Excellent community.

Avantages: Vertical Response is a pioneer in email marketing and they had a very good community of marketers. I've learned a ton from them and the software was decent. Also the monthly newsletter "What's the topic, Popick" was interesting and useful.

Inconvénients: I couldn't top up my account and Customer Service was useless. I just couldn't used their software. I'm sure that now situation changed.