Great concept, needs some work

Publié le 09/07/2019
Gina K.
Senior Data Architect
Enseignement supérieur, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are much more able to organize our team documents, have chat messages (with history) that we can use to communicate more effectively (instead of searching through email inboxes/folders). If they could make it so that we can have more than one tool, document, chat, etc open at a time - it would be much more useful and functional for our needs.

Avantages: What I like most about this software is the ability to have a team site where you can communicate with members of the team and store/share documentation. I like that we can create a "meeting" with notes/tasks, etc within it. I work on many different projects and we are using the "Teams" sites as a way to organize our documentation for each project - have meetings that contain our notes- have team chats and even a "board" for posting items on that the whole team can view and comment on. The biggest advantage comes with the fact that we have many people working remotely and this way everything can continue as if everyone is on site.

Inconvénients: The most frustrating part of this software is the fact that it is a single window only- you cannot open more than one item at a time. So, if I am in the middle of editing a document and someone sends me a chat message- I have to exit the document to look at the chat message (and respond) then go back into the Teams file folders and traverse back to the specific document location (because it reverts back to the main page) and once I find the correct document again- I have to re-open it to continue (unless I am editing it outside of the Teams app - which I do sometimes for this very reason). This makes it very confusing to keep track of what I was doing - I end up waiting to check a chat message until I am able to reach some point in my editing that is a logical place to save and stop. Which then kind of negates the whole timeliness advantage of using a chat over email.

MS Office User for many years

Publié le 08/06/2019
Daniel R.
Owner/Founder
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's been very good overall. I would highly suggest since it is now a subscription service that there be highly skilled live representatives that you could query for guidance and allow for a simple to use remote viewing with in order to assist customers when they are having a particularly difficult time with small aspects of one of the services, which happens frequently.

Avantages: I feel like in recent years they have made great improvements particularly in making the products easier to use. This is especially the case with MS Excel, in which I recall having to memorize all sorts of different formulas which was very frustrating at times. They have made the interface much more user friendly which is great for those with limited experience in using Excel. Outlook hasn't changed much, which to me is a good thing as I was already very comfortable and happy with that aspect of it. Powerpoint has also become easier to use, although personally I prefer the old school Powerpoint of 2006-2010 era, but it was primarily because I knew how to do a lot of things on it that others didn't which is no longer the case.

Inconvénients: Microsoft Word is still the most frustrating product to use and I have seen little improvement in the areas that need it the most over the last 10+ years. It seems as if Microsoft continuously makes minor changes that don't help when someone wants to, for example, edit a resume after a few years and wants to simply add or remove portions of it while keeping the structure the same. I still get caught spending hours trying to make minor changes in these sorts of situations and I have seen no improvements in Word to address this issue. Now although I mentioned Excel in my positives, there is still one large negative with it, and that is the difficulty in extracting information from other excel documents if you are working on a project that has multiple excel documents that can't be combined into one with different sheets (in the Data Collection Management World this happens frequently). I am also not a fan of the new(ish) subscription model to Office, and preferred the one time purchase, although I understand the logistical and business purposes of changing it to a subscription model.

Microsoft Office 365 Review

Publié le 02/06/2019
Business Development Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The ulitmate best experience possible out of all software suite packages that I use!

Avantages: The software suite of apps are so Robust and you have them both on the cloud and on the desktop to use whatever way you desire. The MS software apps are the best money "can't buy" - meaning you can't buy any better apps than MS provides for each category you are dealing with. Their phone and/or remote session tech support is beyond the word "fantastic", and they immediately answer the phone when you call and get righton having remote sessions and finding and fixing the issues that need to be troubleshooted and rectified. All of this support is 100% free and for every application in the suite of apps provided...from Onedrive to OneNote to MS Word...and on and on!!!

Inconvénients: Each app is so ROBUSt that it truly takes a gargantuan amount of time to really learn how to work with them if you really want to use them to their fullest potential. There is no "easy fx for this" and you have to expend the time and energy to learn the "ins and outs" of each app to know "how to work it". Consequently, the ONLY big issue I have is with OneDrive and OneNote...as they are 2 separate apps but the reality is that they are really ONE...meaning unless OneDrive is configured properly...OneNote will NOT work...and vice-versa. Therefore, it does take time to figure this all out as a new user...but now that I'm an experienced one, with many dozens of hours of tech support history "under my belt" - I now know what to do when I have to do a "clean install" of Windows 10 and reinstall the desktop apps again....as I learned the "hard knox way" what must be done from the "get go" to get BOTH theses apps going in the right flow! I recently purchased a brand new computer and i did NOt need tech support to assist me in installing Office 365 because I had learned all the "tricks of the trade" from past experience already, and I was able to do just fine installing the entire app suite alone without getting tech support on the phone!

Your Great Helper

Publié le 23/05/2019
Data Analyst
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I immediately opened my content-managed company's website that came with Office 365 SharePoint.
It offers new opportunities to work with teams. The Internet created with SharePoint enables different people to work from different locations on the same files as intranet sites and common areas.
Office 365 works fine with almost all mobile devices. We increased our performance and efficiency by accessing your data from anywhere.

Avantages: Ofice 365 with all applications I like to use. Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Yammer and other applications, the company I work with my work in my private life. I can handle all my important work.
Ofice 365 can be operated mobile and fixed anywhere without interruption, with the ability to work independently from the device and work with similar interfaces on every device. All plans are compatible with Office 2007, Office 2008 for Mac, Office 2010, and Office 2011 for Mac.
I've been doing all my correspondence with Ms office word for years. I've used all software versions of ms office to date. I'm a 20-year-old ms office user. I never thought about using any other software.
I do all the presentations with Powerpoint for years. I've never seen a better software than that. I get excellent and professional results.
Because ms office is extremely common and good software marketing; I always had good support in technical understanding. I improved myself by easily accessing training documents and videos.

Inconvénients: The only dislike is the charge part. In recent years, hikes have increased.
Besides, the good thing about office 365 is that it is free for students. Maybe we think it might be a bit too affordable in professional users.

Office 365 provides value and lowers the cost of email ownership

Publié le 08/05/2019
Theatre Arts & Video Gaming Scholar
Réseaux informatiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been a user of Office 365 both personally and professionally since the product's early days. I have migrated email from on-premise Exchange servers, Google Suite, and ISP Pop accounts to Office 365. Early on I used 3rd party tools for the migrations. Office 365 now offers (for a little while now) the ability to migrate with no costs (such as using a 3rd party app) and utilizes Azure storage to get the job done. Office 365 is feature rich and truly offers a lower cost of ownership.

Avantages: Tight integration with Microsoft Outlook (unlike other email platforms). This is most noticeable with contacts and calendars, including sharing. The subscription-based model allows for easy updates to the latest Office software while being able to control if those updates should be deployed at all. This helps to keep all users on the same version without the concern of having to buy upgrade licenses and perform a traditional software rollout. The ability to save directly to OneDrive and/or Sharepoint with applications such as Word or Excel is extremely valuable and is a great solution for small organizations that have no local central storage or tend to save items directly on their own PCs. Email accessability is simple via web, mobile, and desktop. Storage space is sufficient and can be expanded easily (for an additional cost). Tenant management is very easy to use and navigate - most areas are very self-explanatory (help is easily accessible as well).

Inconvénients: Office 365 has matured quite well. Early on, tenant management was a little clunky and over time features have been added. A wish-list item would be wider acceptance for OneDrive integration with 3rd party apps - similar to DropBox.

Back and Forth Conversation Emails Are a Thing of The Past!

Publié le 07/05/2019
ICT Systems Coordinator
Musique, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Teams has signalled a shift in the way those in our business communicate with one another. It has meant that instead of emailing back and forth, users now use Teams to IM one another. No longer do users attach files to emails and send them to one another; now they simply share files quickly and easily through Teams. This increased communication between colleagues and departments along with increased sharing of resources and collaboration on work projects has improved productivity significantly.

Avantages: Teams is a very user-friendly application that facilitates communication between individual users and whole departments. IM capabilities mean that users can message one another to collaborate on projects and share ideas. Files and documents can be shared with others, and Teams also has audio/calling conferencing capabilities (part of Microsoft's vision to deprecate Skype for Business in favour of Teams) meaning users can meet and share ideas even if they are at home or away from the office. The mobile app allows you to chat to colleagues when you aren't at your desk. If users are part of a departmental team, they can view these teams within the app; they can message other team members, share files, and use other Microsoft-specific apps such as Planner or SharePoint if they have been set up. Meeting scheduling is also available from within Teams, linking up with your Outlook calendar. For administrators, it is easy to deploy and maintain the Teams application using GPOs, and the application itself is self-updating on startup.

Inconvénients: Teams currently installs to the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder, which means that it is installed separately for every user that logs into the computer. It is quite resource intensive to run the applications compared to other communications apps. However, both of these issues have been flagged for review on the Microsoft Teams suggestions and feedback website, suggesting they will be rectified in a future release.

Office is always up-to-date!

Publié le 30/04/2019
David G.
IT Project Manager
Gestion des investissements, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Always kept up to date with the latest features and security patches.

Avantages: I love that Microsoft has invested so much on Office365 (obviously since it's a major bread-and-butter source of income for them). Given this, you really feel that MS has a great and huge team behind it. And so, I love that it keeps on improving over time via the regular updates and patches. Now, I feel that I get the new features soon after it gets released, and I feel secure as well from threats of malware, bad scripts, macros, and what have you. Office365 is the office we have grown up with in the boom of word and spreadsheet processing. This is a must for compatibility issues as most, if not all, of my contacts use MS products. And so, to avoid incompatibilities, or having to destroy the document layout and formatting, better use the same Office365 (and oh, btw, it is also backward compatible for those left behind in the MSO standalone versions). Office365 is also connected to my MS OneDrive, and so all my documents are readily accessible in one place. Also, this allows me to share my documents to other people and to work on them together. Pretty cool.

Inconvénients: Compatibility with other word/spreadsheet processor apps out there like LibreOffice and GoogleDocs/Sheets. Why can't they just agree on how to save and handle documents, eh? The closed source nature of MSO365 makes it difficult at time to work with other apps mentioned as it destroys the formatting most of the time. So, I tend to share via PDF, but that is not editable.

Not the Microsoft of the mid 2000s.

Publié le 30/04/2019
Director of Technology
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm the Dir of Technology for a small independent elementary school. I've seen the trends and frustrations and familiarity on peoples' parts swing from Office to Google and back again. I am often challenged by how much to learn there always is when looking at all of the capabilities, but genuinely enjoy the challenges because I learn something more about how to do my job better. There are small oddities at times that will make you scratch your head because two parts that were developed separately don't quite behave perfectly when they overlap [ Create a "Faculty Notebook" in OneNote / O365 for EDU and you can add other "Admins" to it to manage or contribute. Elevate and Office 365 group to a team and OneNote notebook because a StaffNotebook, but you cannot add another teammate as an admin on it because it originated in Teams and not OneNote. ] These are the sort of unexplainable behaviors that popcorn into the back of your head when you're using getting comfortable with scripting new user account creation via PowerShell in to your Office 365 environment (something I never thought I'd do) and keep you from 100% trusting it even though you can find a hundred ways to apply things in different methods or combinations to solve any problem you throw at it. Long way to say that I love Office 365 which is why it is so frustrating when it falters because I expect better of it.

Avantages: Office 365 was a powerful move to the cloud and leveraged the familiarity of the Office Suite with the connectivity and enabling of collaboration on the cloud. At first, the cloud versions of familiar software was rough around the edges and missing a lot of the functionality that people knew in the desktop versions, even if they didn't use them regularly (or ever). Over time, Office 365 has steadily improved its various offerings, added more feature parity between the desktop and online versions and begun to integrate more seamlessly with workflows for a variety of people. With some vision of what "work" looks like outside of generating letter-size pieces of paper with text and images on it, the variety of tools surrounding the classic presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software have introduced new methods for communicating and creating content together.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the level of options can be overwhelming. Even with a fair amount of experience, it can be tricky to stay on top of changes or know all the ins and outs. The rapidity with which they address fixing problems is also applied often to perceived problems and that can lead to feeling like the documentation is always out of date or non-applicable and no one knows the right or simple answer to things.

Office 365 Actually Helps You to Be More Productive And Saves You Time!

Publié le 25/04/2019
Jan michael U.
United States General Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience with Office 365 has been excellent since day 1. I appreciate the ability to install up to 5 licenses, the constant innovation from Microsoft to improve how I can be productive, and overall developing a platform that truly allows me to achieve more :) I fully endorse and recommend Office 365 to anyone and compared to any productivity platform world wide.

Avantages: As a Microsoft Office user for 12+ years, Microsoft has done a lot to innovate their productivity platform. In particular, Office 365 has tons of differentiated value:
1. You receive unlimited upgrade rights to the latest versions. No other types of productivity software provides this option.
2. The amount you receive in the suite is amazing... from Outlook to OneNote to Publisher, the Office Suite gives you the tools you need to transform your business.
3. Co-authoring - This is not just Office to help you be productive. This is Office that allows everyone to be productive at the same time. The co-authoring feature allows people to collaborate and work on documents together even if they're on the opposite sides of the world.
4. Office 365 is secure. The concept of no news is good news applies in this case from a security perspective. Microsoft does an excellent job ensuring that their user's data is secure in the cloud, and that alone is one of the most important differentiated value.
5. The UI is easy to navigate through, and I have personally taught both kids and older folks how to use Office 365 in minutes. Microsoft did a great job creating a navigation pane that is easy to go through.
6. Office Mobile is also great. As a mobile user that travels a lot, it's very helpful for me to view documents through my phone and still be able to view and edit the rich features of Office. I can't say this applies to Microsoft's competitors.

Inconvénients: There are a few cons as it relates to Office 365:
1. For those that are finance conscious, the subscription model does not really resonate with everyone. And if you want to buy the perpetual license, it's ridiculously expensive...
2. Skype for Business needs to stop dropping users from calls in the middle of calls. It happens too often, and even though the potential solution is to move to Teams, Skype for Business in terms of quality calls, needs to stand alone and work better.

All-in-one package

Publié le 17/03/2019
IT Coordinator
Institutions religieuses, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Definitely adds value to me as a user and administrator. The companies I used to work for used Lotus Notes and install apps from a CD. It's so convenient having everything in the cloud, and the reports given to you in just a few clicks. It definitely made life a lot easier! Kudos to Microsoft!

Avantages: What I really like about Office 365 is that it has a lot of tools bundled into one product. The prices are quite good for a monthly subscription, especially for non-profits. The licensing strategy is also very convenient, and the admin portal is so easy to use. It comes with all of the best products of Microsoft, and you can upgrade and downgrade anytime you want. It comes with the basics that you need regularly for work - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, etc (with 1 TB that you can consume, and chances are, you won't use all of it. Quite generous actually). If you're taking the business license, you get more features like Sharepoint, Teams, PowerApps (I really like PowerApps), etc. When they come up with a new fancy app, for sure, they'll have you play with it, also to see how we receive the new product. I find Office365 easy to use and easy to the eyes. I don't feel like I'm adjusting too much every time they make some changes. Also, Microsoft has such a good reputation, it makes a regular worker feel safe about using it. Over all, I'm very satisfied with Office365. I've been using it since 2014.

Inconvénients: It has too many products that you might not end up using. But hey, take it as a free software!

Central Online Location for all Microsoft Products

Publié le 03/03/2019
Cleaner
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: More time is saved with Office 365, which in turn leads to better results because more effort is available for completing the actual projects versus figuring out how to execute them. There is easy access to information about your relationship with Microsoft (products).

Avantages: Office 365 is an online central source for almost all of the Microsoft products.
The key here is that you can use the programs you own on another device that may not have the program installed on it.
Certain projects and situations and other Microsoft programs are better suited to be used in an online version versus an installed one.
When used alongside with SharePoint, for group collaboration, being in an online platform allows for realtime feedback and group work.
Need to check your email? It's there.
Need to see how the group project is going and give some feedback? That's there, too.
Don't have a flash drive with you and on a guest computer? You can directly use Microsoft products on Microsoft without installation.
Office 365 is essentially a command center and online version of Microsoft products.

Inconvénients: There is trouble with accessing Office 365. Some institutions require institution-specific landing pages, and many institutions don't allow you to go through the mother Office 365 portal through the Microsoft website. More agreement with landing pages and institutions as not everyone always has the institution specific link would make accessing the program better. An example is when login information is not recognized. Choosing or being on institution specific landing pages should not alter your access to the product you own or have access to.

Microsoft Office 365 for Mac users

Publié le 17/02/2019
Jeffrey B.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I really only use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, although outlook and OneNote can come in handy sometimes. Microsoft excel is probably the biggest benefit to Office 365. Honestly the biggest benefit I guess would be from the updates that you receive every time there is an update available. I didn't get much use out of the other features of office 365. However, I would like to see more updates for Mac users to make their software more compatible with Mac. It just seems a little bit more buggy on Mac OSX also. Overall I was moderately happy with Office 365 it's useful but it's not amazing for one I don't like paying the subscription fee and for two if I am paying the subscription fee I expect the software to work flawlessly on Mac and it doesn't.

Avantages: -Excel Macros: For me, I am in the SEO industry so I use Excel quite a bit. I switch off between Google Sheets and excel sometimes there are things where Google Sheets is better such as when I need to use certain scripting (google apps script) for automation. Other times Excel macros are much better. For example, if I need to create macros to manage thousands of keywords Excel macros works much better than Google Sheets. Its a desktop app, so this makes sense. But there is one caveat: It's sometimes buggy on mac osx.

Inconvénients: -Buggy on Mac OSX: When I least like about Microsoft Office is it's kind of buggy with Mac OS X. Sure it works fine for everyday use but for my case I like to use Excel macros to automate the handling of thousands of keywords. A lot of times when I have thousands of keywords and I run macros it will freeze on my Mac computer. The application will freeze whereas if I hop all over onto a Windows machine and run the exact same macros it will run perfectly. So situations like this are not ideal for Mac users. The software is just much more buggy and also surprisingly less little feature-rich on Mac. I don't know if it's intentional but I have noticed that it works much better and has better features on Windows. Onedrive is slow: With OneDrive, it seems like an amazing deal - for what you're paying for, but the usability was just not there. It took forever to upload to one drive compared to Google Drive. It was not even usable for me to use in a practical way.

Office 365 Pros and Cons

Publié le 11/02/2019
Milos M.
Hospitality Retail
Matériel informatique, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Biggest advantage is when you are using it in a large business corporation, easy to access and share files for employees.
Easy to communicate and share data within company via One drive and share point and Microsoft Teams.

Avantages: It is useful for small and big companies. There are three different packages that you can use, depending on your type of business - small or professional use.
Thing that I like most in office 365 is that there is big storage - 50 GB for emails, which is very convenient if you are working with a large customer range and you receive 1000 to 2000 email per day.
Second thing is share point online where you can upload and share your documentation with people from work, it is very easy to access and update it.
You can use it on five different devices – Mac, PC or mobile, which is an advantage if you need quick to send, adjust or upload needed information or any data.
One Note is a good option where you can create guides, make notes and it is very handy and easy to use.
Also, one drive – cloud storage is 1 TB which is very useful.

Inconvénients: It is not fully accessible when you are working online from web browser, sometimes it can lag or slowly work when is booting with Skype in background.
Can’t fully use Excel in browser, also there is a difference when you are using document online and in word.There is a big difference in outlook online and in application, you are limited for some options, for example conversation is going into the one email, like in a text message conversation and formatting options are limited, also it will not add auto signature when you are replying or sending emails.

Offers great apps and tools to optimize productivity and communication

Publié le 07/02/2019
Claudia C.
Head Secretary
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Perfect for business use. Lots of different apps and features that are very useful in businesses. It helps allow for better communication between coworkers, especially with Skype (for video conferencing), Microsoft Teams (for instant messaging), and Yammer (for creating polls, praise, and any updates). Office 365 has definitely helped me work more efficiently. I've gone from "working harder" to "working smarter" thanks to this software!

Avantages: I like how it has OneDrive so that you can upload things onto the Cloud Drive so that you can share it with other users. I also like how you can create groups and put multiple e-mails. I also like how you can create calendars and share them with people (which is especially helpful in the business office setting to know when certain people have appointments/meetings, at work, on vacation, etc.). The instant message via Microsoft Teams is great too when trying to communicate with people in different offices. I also like how there are so many different apps I can utilize. There is Delve, Flow, Kaizala, OneNote, Yammer, and PowerApps, Dynamics 365. Unfortunately, I don't use these at my office, but I can see them being utilized fully in other businesses. I use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a lot. I like how all of these have templates too, so I can use those instead of starting from scratch. Excel has one for personal monthly budget, custom calendar, project trackers, lists, weekly timesheets, travel expense trackers, etc. All of these are so useful! All you have to do is input your own data/numbers/words because all the formulas are already preset. Microsoft Word has templates for resumes, business letters, event flyers, reports, newsletters, invitations, etc. They're all so wonderful and helpful!

Inconvénients: I don't like how you are not able to import or export contacts easily between other e-mail platforms (i.e. google.com) and Outlook. I wish there was some way it could all sync up. Also, they have an app for Outlook, but it's not very user-friendly. A lot of functions are not available (i.e. open another mailbox) and it's hard to see the full e-mail window when I'm typing.

The one stop software for serious business and office productivity

Publié le 07/12/2018
Deba O.
IT Support executive
Pétrole et énergies, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have used office 365 for both personal use and for deployment for clients and I can boldly say that there is nothing quite like office 365 and clients always almost never have negatives except kudos for this suite. Many of them categorically ask for office 365 and won’t settle for another. It is a complete catalyst for productivity ouside the pricing.

Avantages: Microsoft is excellent in its support for office 365 and whenever I have needs to call on them, they have always responded and even for clients I cannot go to, the support from Microsoft sometimes mean that my input is not even needed to overcome their complaints.
There is a staggering volume of effective updates for office 365. I recall having an issue with outlook on a client’s platform that resulted in a system crash whenever he tries to access it. He called me and complained and I was supposed to go fix it by the weekend. Incidentally, an update was released that same day and by the time he installed the new update, that issue was magically solved and thus saved me the stress of embarking on that trip. I will never forget that because it was an already hectic period for me.
There is 1TB of secure OneDrive storage which comes with a business version of 365 which some of my clients appreciates because it saves the cost of getting additional cloud storage from other vendors.
Accessibility is very key in my line of duty and the ability to access word, excel, power point, Skype and use outlook as found in office 365 domiciled on my pc and in the cloud anywhere I am, gives me the confidence to take on many tasks.
The collaboration tools like SharePoint and Microsoft Teams is useful for teamwork and integration of processes amongst departments of large organizations.
Another amazing thing about office 356 is that the developers are consistently improving on the application.

Inconvénients: It is a very bloated suite and many clients don’t make use of up to 50% of the functions embedded in it.
The suite is not completely available on some platforms. For instance, I once tried to deploy it on a client’s MAC only to find out that Microsoft publisher was not available.
Maybe it is just me but I think the pricing for office 365 is incredulous when compared to similar suites.
For slow internet, the online application for programs like Access and excel is going to test your patience especially for large tables and data.

Let Me SWAY You Toward Office 365

Publié le 05/12/2018
Tom C.
Senior Leasing Agent
Immobilier, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Collaboration with One Note. Getting colleagues to express themselves through Sway. OneDrive is a lifesaver.

Avantages: The Business App world can be confusing. I get it. There is a great deal of speciality in the BA world and it's hard to know what products to even trial nevertheless purchase or commit to long-term. I don't know why everybody doesn't start with Office 365. It's so all-encompassing and helpful you'll even want to use it during a Leap Year when there are 366 days in a year! Word, Excel and PowerPoint are the sine qua non of office document production. We've all used them and we all like them. Now you don't have to be a rich big-shot to own Office so the products are fully accessible and cheap. If you haven't worked with Microsoft Sway yet, you're missing the boat in conveying your concepts and ideas to a larger market. Sway is like PowerPoint on steroids. Sway was created to convey concepts quickly, easily and clearly. The biggest difference is that Sway was designed to express concepts digitally, onscreen, rather than to an audience. Sway has all the templates and creative assistance you can ever need. Give it a try. Trust me. It's a great example of where Microsoft is headed in my opinion. I use OneNote as a brainstorming and organizational drain for all of my business ideas and projects. Its ease of use is legendary. Your contacts, email, storage and now video conferencing and calling with Skype is really all you need. Do us all a favor. Start with Office 365. It's your one stop shop for productivity. You'll look smarter than you really are.

Inconvénients: It bugs me how Skype runs at startup right away. I'm not a computer pro. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to stop it. I use it all the time. I just don't want it popping up right away.

Office 365 Review

Publié le 13/11/2018
Sr. Account Executive
Recrutement, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, cloud technology is appreciated from a convenience perspective. Also, constant updates provide smooth operating experience. This comes at a cost though. I've also found the web based apps to be less streamlined than the desktop apps. Overall, the shift to a subscription based model was not a necessary shift by Microsoft for the consumer. More of a move that benefits Microsoft. That said, product is still robust and well produced and supported.

Avantages: Accessibility is the biggest asset of Office 365 for the user. The ability to use a computer as a platform to reach the cloud allows for interchangeability and access from anywhere. Having less desktop applications has allowed me to cycle through our corporate computers seamlessly as no data is actually stored in my hard drive (3 computers 3 years.) The mail app also runs smoother in the web browser when you are sharing calendars. This function used to consistently crash our computers when sharing a calendar on the Outlook Desktop Application.

Inconvénients: Overall, I like Office 365 much less than I like my Windows Desktop Application Suite. Specifically, there is less functionality in the web based apps. I like several windows open in Outlook which is easier accomplished within the desktop app. I also do a lot of work without access to WiFi. Desktop Apps allow you to at least create content which can then be shared upon access to internet. Our office internet is also very slow and unreliable. We try and reduce the amount of reliance on web pages. I think it will be hard to ever have the full functionality that a desktop app has, but this is a good temporary solution to access your email or word docs on the move. Pricing - Office 365 is now subscription based. You used to be able to buy a license and only pay again when you wanted to upgrade. Now you get constant upgrades, but this comes at a cost.

MICROSOFT OFFICE INDISCUTIBLE LEADER

Publié le 24/10/2018
Ricardo andrés P.
inspectro de seguridad
Sécurité et enquêtes, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: In the case of Office 365 Profitability, which allows to optimize the efficiency and productivity of the organization due to the control and ease of management allowing any person with access to share information from any place or device, thanks to the cloud "we work from anywhere" and "Team work" regardless of time zones

Avantages: With nearly 25 years in the Windows universe, despite the fact that there are free Office software alternatives, Microsoft Office continues to be the most widely used on a global scale among users and customers, whether at the corporate or personal level, none of these tools has arrived. to pose a threat to the reign of Microsoft Office, The Redmond company now offering services for the Microsoft cloud based on a subscription model, with desktop applications for Windows that include Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Access, and One of its innovations is that they allow the collaborative edition of documents and teamwork, this is a great step from the suite to a set of applications where tablets and smartphones with iOS and Android operating systems can access these documents through web applications that Microsoft has released so that users can temporarily use a document of the classic tools of Off ice: Word, Excel and Power Point, boosting productivity in an increasingly connected and prepared environment for modern work and collaboration online and in a team within a company or personal level.

Inconvénients: In a Microsoft Office administrative installation, more disk space is used on the server, the amount of disk space required on the server ranges between 100 and 325 MB or more, depending on the version of Microsoft Office, if other programs use your server network or if you use it to store data files, it is possible that the server does not have enough disk space, however, this problem is more due to the limited storage of the PCs than the program itself, what it does have is a cost per license very high, apart from that I find no disadvantages that subtract points in favor of Microsoft Office

Pretty good software with some unfortunate weak spots

Publié le 18/09/2018
Daniel B.
Innovation Coach
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use it as an all-around communication software, and overall it works quite well (despite the minor hiccups described above). Thanks to wikis and planners we can even include some other elements of our collaboration structure in Teams, enabling us to get by with only two software systems: Teams for communications and Scoro for task and project management as well as CRM and billing.

Avantages: The basic functionality is quite good. It essentially does what it's supposed to do: It allows you to chat with team members. The direct chat option is pretty straightforward. The option of creating different teams (hence the name) to structure the group chats is quite conventient, because it adds another layer, making it three: Teams, channels, threads (within channels).
Notifications are pretty reliable, mentions and activities in channels you follow are logged into an activity feed, which is quite useful.
The part where Teams really shines though is the option to add other functions to a channel. The Wiki can be nice, although using it is sometimes a bit counter-intuitive. What's really helpful is the Planner, because it allows you to include kanban-like views of tasks (or other things). We actually use it less for tasks and more for ideas and backlogs of things for the entire team to review.

Inconvénients: One thing that bugs me is an issue that also came up with Slack: You sometimes miss notifications because, when you open the app, you automatically jump into the last channel (or chat) you where when closing it. When you actually want to go to some other place, you might leave the channel, leaving all notifications marked as "read" - but you might not even have noticed there was something new in them! I don't know how to solve this, I only know that it can be a problem.
The real downside of Teams is, for me at least, the very limited possibility of your notifications. You can essentially turn them on or off for mentions, channels you follow, and chats. There are some other options, but they are all of the "all-or-nothing" type. I either get notifications (and therefore push notifications on my smartphone) for all mentions, or for none of them. Here, Slack has a much better system.
The other thing is the mobile app. On Android, it's just not as reliable as it could be. Activating the "don't disturb" status, for example, does nothing. If I want to turn of push notifications, I need to that completely and manually. Sometimes, uploads don't work. And when I'm on the road, messages might not get through - but instead of sending them once I have a connection, it sits there with warning sign, waiting for me to resend it... kind of an archaic way of dealing with this issue.

Office 365 toolkit for everyday work management.

Publié le 15/09/2018
Maryorie H.
Docente
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Office 365, brings programs such as Word that allows me to transcribe work of promotion, research, among others, like receiving files from my students mounted on this tool. Another program that used a lot is PowerPoint, which helps me to make presentations of my classes, in a practical, interactive, with as many tools to make knowledge more effective, also for the presentation of research at events academics; Another program is the Excell that I use to design budget calculations, note control, tables and graphs with results data, among many other things. In addition to these, which are the most used, I also use the OneDrive that allows me to store information from different management sources in the cloud. The other tools I have also used, not so frequently but it has also allowed me to achieve what I need at certain times. Actually the Office 365 is a necessary tool, and important in the daily life of my work as a teacher and researcher.

Avantages: Office 365 is a very complete software package to be installed on computer equipment. These programs are well known, and daily use of the PC such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype, among others. And to install it is only necessary to have a subscription, in most cases when you buy a computer you install Windows and automatically the Office, so it is the most widely used package, and allows you to share information handled through the different tools that it brings with other people, although they have different versions. Effectively the applications that this service brings are the best ones to create, save, and share with other users through the network different types of files, with different applications. And it even allows applications to be combined

Inconvénients: Since I use a PC, they have had Office installed in their versions for the particular time, and used all the programs it brings and so far I have not had problems of the program that caused me any particular circumstance that reflects some flaw of the applications. Sometimes I have strained viruses that are causing the failures, and I have even deleted files from Office programs, but these are not problems of the package, comes from using the Internet, or placing on PC artifacts such as PENDRIVES and others, infected.

A complete set of extremely useful programs for work or home

Publié le 14/09/2018
Carlos j. D.
Project Implementation Manager
Mode et vêtements, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Excel is what I use the most, and for me it is more than a spreadsheet creating tool, is a mathematical, drawing, statistical, and many more things tool.
Besides of using WORD as my document redaction tool to generate documentation for my projects, I also use it whenever I need to check a text redaction for written messages to be sent by e-mail or other text apps since I normally get better grammar suggestions with it.

Avantages: I will mention a few of these programs to make a reference:
WORD offers probably the largest selection of font types on text managing apps. The panel control at the top (Ribbon) is very intuitive and consistent with all MS office tools, you get familiar with it quickly, and also adding numbering, bullets, or other visual helps to improve your document’s look is really easy, just highlight the paragraph you are working on, right-click on it and a mini-toolbar will appear so you can select what you need to edit, format, or add. In case of any grammar or typing errors are made, the program has a “real-time” spelling check that suggests spelling and grammar corrections, so your work can have the quality you need.
EXCEL is my workhorse, I use it to create tables, make calculations, generate graphs, and also make small programing routines. You could even create your own mini-ERP with this app.
POWERPOINT is the data show presentation tool by excellence, you can download multiple templates on line, and interact with it by activating the highlighter and pen features to write on top of your presentation.

Inconvénients: On WORD Sometimes placing inserted images into your text becomes a little tricky, but with a little practice they end up in the right spot.
On EXCEL I have experienced some lag between the time you move your cursor in the cells, and when it actually moves, I guess we may be working on-line without knowing it :)

The all encompassing software for business.

Publié le 11/09/2018
Digital Projects Coordinator
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I run into a few hiccups with Office 365 that have been major headaches but at the same time, it has made most of my work easier and more streamlined to do. When absolutely needed, customer support is extremely good at following through as long as it takes to resolve any problem. They definitely stand behind their product which is very important when selecting something that your entire business needs to rely on. When doing anything critical, be sure the software is doing exactly what you want and expect it to do and check however you can before going past a point of no return and you shouldn't have any trouble. One of the biggest benefits of the software is security and easy access when you need it but you could lose both if something wasn't set right or some glitch occurs so just always double check.

Avantages: Everything is linked together under one family of software and it lets you do almost everything you need to do in an office seamlessly. Microsoft pretty much thought of everything from making sure your documents are backed up and protected (Onedrive), you can easily communicate (Outlook, Skype, Teams), and you can easily share with others and collaborate in real time (Teams, Sharepoint) all securely and relatively easily. Almost every task you want to accomplish can be done in several different included apps and it is all very intuitive. Anything you can't figure out is very easy to find answers to using the new search tool they incorporate into all the software.

Inconvénients: Since everything is tied together, if you run into an issue or something doesn't work right, it could be catastrophic. This mainly pertains to the Onedrive feature that you rely on to make sure everything you worked on is backed up. If something goes wrong, which it has on a few occasions in my office, you could lose everything. My only other complaint is there are a lot of settings in different places that could affect how things work and sometimes you can't find the setting you need to change. One case is with the Outlook search function where it doesn't seem to want to search for older emails unless you select a specific date range but that doesn't help if you are looking for something very old and don't remember the date range.

Need a Document? Need to put ANYTHING into report form? Need signs, banners whatever? OFFICE 365

Publié le 18/08/2018
Jennifer A.
Property Manager.
Immobilier, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use it for everything at work. I manage a small business and we use office every day. I actually have two office programs (word and excel) open on my computer right now as we speak... I really enjoy how simple and concise some of the programs are.

Avantages: This is the most versatile program there for doing anything from making a document, creating signs for your business. Office 365 has so many products under one program that you won't need any other programs to create what you need to run your business. You have Word, Excel, powerpoint, onenote, and more... I love to use powerpoint for presentations. It's not only affective, but everyone pays attention when I use it vs. any other standard presentation... The best part? Everyone can use OFFICE 365. Kids use it in school, teachers use it, heck even fast food restaurants use OFFICE 365. I also like that they have a monthly plan that covers all of their programs... That way you always have the most up to date software and you don't have to worry about re downloading or buying new licenses. I don't think I will ever use another program.

Inconvénients: The only thing about this program is that in order to use some of the features, you may need to read up on or ask a buddy how to work them. For example, excel is a GREAT program, you can take any data you have and make it into an easy to understand report, however, if you are not familiar with HOW to use excel, you will struggle. They even have college classes for it. Most of the programs, however, are super easy to learn how to use like word, and powerpoint… Those programs you can just kind of play around with and figure out how to use them...

Microsoft Office is a Standard for Almost Everyone

Publié le 01/08/2018
Project Engineer
Construction, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I have been using the Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for over 20 years now. I can't imagine my life without these essential pieces of software. I especially use Excel and PowerPoint on a daily basis with my job. Almost any office job you apply to will require or recommend that you know these.
Excel is one of the most useful tools for so many different tasks. I use it almost as a project management software to keep track of the progress of our construction jobs and what records have been sent by all of the sub-contractors. It is incredible what you can do with Excel if you learn how to use all of the formulas and functions built into it. Excel is pretty much a standard for other software to allow integration.
I used to give a lot of presentations in college and in my sales career. PowerPoint is very simple to learn and use for this. The ability to copy, paste, adjust and resize images is a very simple straightforward process within the program. I have set up some pretty intense animations within my slides as well. Once you learn how the animations work you can essentially animate your presentation.
I am using Microsoft Word right now typing up this review. I am unsure how anybody can go without using word in their lifetime. I am unaware of anything that even comes close to equivalent to Word. This is one of the most basic and fundamental software that everyone should know in life.

Inconvénients: It is hard to say anything wrong with Microsoft Office. The only improvements that would be nice to see is price and a more advanced grammar system within Word. You can't really go without Microsoft office and it would be nice to see the price lowered and easier for everyone to have on their personal and professional computes. A more advanced grammar system in Word with be useful. It could be a feature you were able to turn on and off. I use Grammarly and I would stop using it if Word had something equivalent built in.

organization and collaboration of work in a single tool

Publié le 18/07/2018
Stever jose G.
PMO
51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is a software that is easy to handle and helps teamwork to flow faster and more efficiently.

Avantages: the use of Microsoft Teams gave us the integration that we were lacking in order to integrate several solutions into one. the way of collaborative teamwork becomes a reality! In our company we have been using it for about 2 years and it has helped us to have a better control over the project's orientation.
You can organize each area in a team
Within each team you can have different channels
each channel is autonomous and has its space for chat (which is very complete with text format options)
each channel has an associated email address to receive mail and they are in the same panel as the chat.
You have availability to be each channel a site in Sharepoint Online to be able to assemble the library of documents for the documentation of each project or teamwork and can be accessed from teams or via web.
we can add wiki, onenote, etc. functionalities
complmenetos add on how to add a shortcut tab to Power BI, SP, MS Office, Planner, Jira, Open Agora, Youtube, VSTeamservices etc. which allows us to access any of these tools and more from the same channel.
It has a direct Chat integrated with Skype For Business and allows you to have 1 to 1 - 1 to n and make calls and conferences.
when creating the team, it has an associated agenda and you can conduct meetings via Skype for business without needing to use the Skype Forbusinees application.
adicioanla has notifications, file repository for each chat, I really recommend it as a functional tool for teamwork.

Inconvénients: that the conversations when it happens a lot of time to have had them, the files and notes exchanged disappears from the panel, is one of the few things that would change him. the mobile client is a bit unstable, I imagine it's a problem of being so new.