15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Barracuda Email Security Gateway

En savoir plus sur Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Solution basée sur le cloud qui permet aux entreprises de gérer la messagerie sécurisée grâce à une protection contre les menaces, les spams, les virus et les mises en file d'attente.

En savoir plus sur Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Easy to use and effective at detecting and removing threats.

I can receive an email from the sar address and it will be blocked even though I moved a previous email in the whitelist.

Barracuda Email Security Gateway - Notes

Barracuda Email Security Gateway a reçu une note globale de 4,5 étoiles sur 5 d'après 155 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Barracuda Email Security Gateway ?

Sergey
Sergey
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance (É.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 1 001–5 000 employés

Great way to get a better control of your email

Commentaires : Much lighter load on my MS Exchange server, full control of all the incoming correspondence.

Set it and forget it solution for your email that will help you to significantly reduce amount of unwanted correspondence. Fully automated platform, automatic updates, self learning mechanism. Outstanding customer service and technical support, when you need them. One day I needed an urgent replacement of the unit, because mine broke. Replacement unit arrived in less than 24 hours! In addition, if you host your email in-house (MS Exchange for example), it will significanlty decrease load on your server, blocking all the unwanted messages BEFORE they his your mail server. Administration is very simple and flexible. You can create custom rules in addition to the automated scanning of inbound correspondence.

While automatic updates are convenient, there were a couple of instances, when the updates were corrupted, resulting in blocking all of my mail. Gladly, Barracuda technical support is always there for you, as I have mentioned. They were able to correct the problem within a couple of hours each time this happened.

Brian
Assistant Utilities Director (É.-U.)
Équipements publics, 11–50 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Robust spam, virus, and phishing filtering appliance with a lot of options

Commentaires : Our overall experience has been excellent, and we have been using the product for over a decade. During this time, we have upgraded to the newest Barracuda ESG each time the platform has come up for review. Our experiences with their support team have been minimal, but excellent each time support has been needed. Their user forum has also been helpful when looking to configure rules to address ongoing campaigns, or with basic configuration questions. Firmware updates over the years have kept the platform up to date with new options and user tools.

Once fully configured, the platform is very reliable, resulting in few false-positives and blocking nearly all spam. The administrator interface is easy to use and allows for numerous ways to detect spam, with a lot of configurability. The user interface is easy to use, either through the web interface or the Outlook add-in. The hardware appliance and firmware is rock solid, requiring almost no ongoing maintenance except periodic updates.

The mail log view can be cumbersome when trying to analyze large numbers of incoming emails, and the log filtering cannot always be set to find precisely what you're looking for, particularly due to the lack of filtering/wildcard options. When it comes to spam detection, all rules are universal, so you can't apply just some rules to a subset of emails (such as based on user/sender/sending server), which for us sometimes results in false-positive blocking. Barracuda's live definition updating has been quick to respond to new spam campaigns and threats, which results in virtually no spam, virus, or phishing emails ever reaching our users.

Russell
IT Associate (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

It may be time to look for a replacement product - sorry Barracuda.

3,0 il y a 4 mois

Email filtering catches a good amount of spam/phishing email. Quarantine is helpful for ensuring our users can see what questionable emails may need to be let through or blocked.

Recently the product has been systematically allowing more and more spam to get through - sending in reports and providing feedback seems to have no effect. Certain aspects of the product just will not work right no matter how we configure them.

Forrest
IT Systems Administrator (É.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 11–50 employés

Barracuda Email Security Gateway - great product

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Like I mentioned before, we have had good experiences with this product so far and would recommend to anyone looking to protect their email server to use this product, we use their additional products including Cloud-to-Cloud backups, and Incident Response, all of which work seamlessly with one another. I like how I don't have to use several vendors to protect and backup my email system.

My company was using this product when I started here over 5 years ago and still enjoy the same ease of use since I started, so far I have had very little issues with the product other than needing to adjust some of the inbound settings which were too strict and were not allowing legitimate email to be delivered to our domain. However the support techs were able to guide me through these adjustments and even recommended using MS Office 365 as it much more cleanly integrated with their products and have been happy with it ever since.

I don't really have any issues with it, most of what we encountered that was not working was able to be fixed with the help of their knowledgeable support staff.

Alissa
Sales (É.-U.)
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 11–50 employés

Best in class

Commentaires : My experience with barracuda email security Gateway has been nothing but positive

We spent a lot of time evaluating what service we wanted to use and we chose barracuda because it is one of the most reputable and best software titles on the market. We were highly pleased with the services which is why we are loyal customers now.

I don’t have a lot that I can say negatively about the software overall it’s very easy to use and we really appreciate the work they put into the product

Usman
Usman
Director IT (Canada)
Vente au détail, 11–50 employés

Barracuda Good Tool but User interface is outdated

Commentaires : Overall it is a good tool and has helped in controlling spam mails. Also. O365 component is valuable.

Barracuda is good SEG. Able to filter more than 70-80% spam mails. Full Email log is available for 30 days. Support is responsive however, diagnosing and troubleshooting skills are average

User interface is outdated. Lack new Look and Feel. Policy management process is manual. API integration is challenging. Also, logs older than 30days can be challenging, if an issue investigation is logs are required for more than 30 days. Had also experienced of email blocking by many sites because MX record matching issue.

Business Owner (É.-U.)
Design, 2–10 employés

Feels like you're getting more than you really are.

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : It was just okay. I enjoyed it at first, but eventually began to not so much. I have since discovered many many other better platforms.

The representatives and assigned IT staff are extremely nice and friendly.

Over time, less and less was happening and/or done both on the backend and the front.

Javier
President and CEO (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

Next level security in the world of emails.

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Get rid of threats and insecurities while handling emails at all levels. I am a witness.

The level of dependability on this software is amazing. I have always wanted assurance for Confidentiality on my work. Barracuda gave me a reason to trust it. I started using for my personal work after which I moved to deploying it at work place. The performance is outstanding.

Barracuda is outstanding. It is perfect. I have not experienced any major challenges.

Adam
IT Technician (Canada)
Matériaux de construction, 51–200 employés

Industry Standard Email Protection and Filtering

4,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : It worked well for a while, and we had to get rid of it when the vendor stopped doing updates for our particular appliance. It did allow one critical exploit through, which hastened its replacement.

Extremely powerful, and for a time, frequently updated from vendor. Integrated nicely with Microsoft Exchange. Offered convenient end user features.

Very complex to setup. We required some more customization of communication that the product just couldn't do.

Manoj
AGM IT (Inde)
Textile, 1 001–5 000 employés

Best email security getaway

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : If you have in house email server you must use it to protect your user.

We can use it with multiple domains there is no limitation.

Display of email log need more user friendly.

Max
Systems Administrator (É.-U.)
Construction, 201–500 employés

Security and More!

Commentaires : Overall, the experience has been good, with very few exceptions. Everything you need is there, just spend the time to learn it and you will see the value.

One of my favorite features of the Barracuda Email Security Gateway is its features. For example, the Barracuda Email Security has many tools to allow your users to safely receive emails and also control the things that leave mailboxes. There are tools to control inbound and outbound settings, and in the background, security features that prevent malware from entering your domain. My favorite tool of this SaaS application is the flexibility you have to control inbound settings. Particularly speaking, I like how you can customize content policies. Things like regular expressions (regex) give a new perspective to content filtering. This means you can block templated emails that are used for phishing or malicious activity. Another Pro I consider is the visibility of emails. Barracuda gives you great insight on what's happening during the transmission of emails. You can clearly see what is being exchanged, why things are blocked or deferred or quarantined, email headers, and it gives you the ability to deliver emails regardless of classification - you have the control. Lastly, support is something I really liked. Have an issue with something? Need an explanation to some error or granular configuration question? They can help. I've had nothing but good interactions with support when I am stumped. Email security is a corporate standard and so should Barracuda!

There is one Con I will have to mention about this piece of good software. When you are subscribing to the Barracuda Essentials, make sure that you are aware of what comes with it. By default, Barracuda does a great job at blocking malicious emails BUT you will notice, as you continue to use it, that you will see phishing emails continue to pass through. They do have a separate component called "Sentinel" that does a really good job at blocking these emails based on AI. This may be a problem for you if only have the Essential package. This would mean that you'll be relying on writing regex to block phishing emails that slip through the cracks. These emails come from Gmail, so you can't simply block Gmail without also affecting legitimate correspondence (IE. recruiters may accept resumes from Gmail.).

Katy
Hospital Manager (É.-U.)
Vétérinaire, 2–10 employés

USED THIS FOR 10 Plus YEARS

Commentaires : Many fewer pieces of junk mail in my outlook software!

most junk mail never makes it to outlook, I can still review all the junk mail that comes through in case the wrong thing got categorized as junk. Easy to change it to deliver to my mail box, or delete. Easy to view it to determine if it is junk. NEW FEATURE at the bottom of the list of junk, just select, delete all shown mail. I do this for all my reception desk email. They have about 35-50 pieces of junk mail a day. I can pull a single piece of mail out, deliver it then delete the rest in a snap

they used to be slow to pull up, so I would hit delete on one piece of mail and ignore it for a little while opened in my browser until it loaded, that has really improved in the last few weeks. Also if you leave it open and ignore it after a period of time it logs you out so you have to go to the original and hit the link again. Truly minor for the headaches it clears for me. I receive 100+ emails a day I HAVE to read, eliminating a bunch really helps.

Lisa
Company Director (R.-U.)
Services financiers, 11–50 employés

If You Need Security for Your Email, Read This

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall, I am very happy with the security that Barracuda provides. With the ability for me to ultimately choose whether that incoming email is spam or not, also provides me with peace of mind, knowing that the computer won't be making decisions for me.

I love how the software seamlessly integrates with my mailbox, so that on the off-chance that I do get some spam mail, or malicious mail, Barracuda immediately notifies me. More importantly, It is me that makes the final call on what the status of the email is, which adds a layer of customization to my inbox that other competitors may not provide.

There have been multiple times I have received emails from clients which have been marked as malicious or spam, which I then have to filter through as just standard emails. Having to jump over to another window to fix a simple mistake multiple times has been kind of a headache.

Protect your server like no other, it works like a charm!

We've had a Barracuda box for 10+ years and no other appliance nor software could match its performance. One, it was truly plug and play (unlike others). Two, their support/consultants are extremely helpful. Three, the comprehensive layers of protection are in a class of their own. There are many other reasons to list regarding what I like but those three alone are what make Barracuda our leading solution for defense.

No cons to list. However, if you're sending spam yourself - your efforts won't even come through as tests. That may be a problem for some but it's more of a personal issue due to their own marketing practices. You'll get what you paid for!

Brittany
Administrative Assistant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Barracuda for Email Security

Commentaires : Very simple, efficient form of email security. Great way to keep unwanted spam and potentially harmful emails from your inbox.

We use Barracuda for Email Security to keep spam and viruses from our mailbox. In my experience, it has been very easy to view which emails are being blocked. Barracuda will send a preview of the blocked email showing the sender and allow you view the email in their system to see if it is something you want to be allowed into your mailbox. This software saved our company from various email threats and spam and our IT manager would be sure to let everyone know which emails to look out for!

There were times emails would be blocked that we actually needed to come through, but as long as you are paying attention to the emails from Barracuda this shouldn't be a problem.

Blake
Blake
Ecommerce Product Manager (É.-U.)
Exploitation minière et métaux, 11–50 employés

No News is Good News

Commentaires : Great anti-spyware software that runs unobtrusively in the background. Most antispyware software that runs in the background really slows things down and causes latency. Barracuda provides a smooth experience.

It definitely works like it's supposed to. Each day we get a summary of all of the spam emails that we received and most were malicious in nature. Very few false positives get stuck through the filter!

I didn't purchase it, but I hear it's not really the economical option. We maintain sensitive engineering prints and this level of security is essentially a requirement to win some contracts.

Cabinets médicaux, 501–1 000 employés

Great value for excellent protection

Commentaires : This software helps us maintain HIPAA compliance when sending information, and keep our infrastructure secure by blocking all spam messages.

I like how simple this system is to use. Additionally, it just works. I haven't seen a piece of malware slip through and the false positive rate is relatively low. The added ability to encrypt email with keywords or by it identifying protected information is a wonderful addition.

The only issue I've had with this is that we get no notification when emails are automatically encrypted based on protected infomation, so we cannot notify recipients that aessage will be encrypted and occasionally it's a little sesnitive to information it determines as "protected".

Ali
Information Security Analyst (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1 001–5 000 employés

Excellent Product - Tons of Features

Commentaires : Overall we are very pleased with the product. It has prevented a lot of unwanted emails and the ease of using it (once you are familiar with it) is great.

The application has many features and tools you can use to easily find a certain email or group of emails. The reporting and graphs makes it easy to know whats been done.

There's a lot that it can do, so learning takes a while and can sometimes get confusing, however, once you are familiar with the application its easy to use

Fabrizio
IT Desktop Support (Canada)

Easy to use admin portal and great customer service

Anything to do with Barracuda will have quick and knowledgeable support team This product works great filtering out spam and unwanted emails Allows for users to manage their own whitelist/blacklist

This product has not given us any issues since we implemented it 3 years ago The Outlook Add-On is a nice feature allow us to submit samples of spam emails directly to Barracuda for analysis

Michelle
Owner (É.-U.)

Great customer service and spam filter.

The support is very knowledgeable and is very quick to help out when needed. My spam and unwanted emails are successfully being filtered out and it makes my inbox so much more manageable. I like that I can customize the filters.

I haven't had many issues but it did take a little while to learn everything that the program has to offer. I love labeling spam emails.

Amanda
Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Great For Students

My school uses this to keep kids off YouTube and Facebook, etc. during class. It's a huge help for me to keep them on task.

While I appreciate that it keeps students on tasks, sometimes I want them to go to controversial websites, commercial websites, or even social media for a project, and I, as a teacher, cannot unblock them.

Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, 501–1 000 employés

A reliable spam filter, which performs well.

Commentaires : We have used the Barracuda Spam Firewall for many years, starting with a hardware appliance and moving to a virtual appliance. It has always served us well, providing a good level of spam and virus catching.

Ease of use and reliability, the support has always been pretty good.

Lack of SNMP support on our model, but this is available on the higher level models

Hillary
Student (É.-U.)

My university's email utilizes Barracuda Spam Firewall for our email server.

Commentaires : simplicity, ease of use, efficiency

Barracuda Spam Firewall keeps hundreds of emails from overflowing in my inbox. It does a good job of sorting through "junk" and unknown senders.

I still have a junkmail, so I go through multiple inboxes a day to sort through emails.

Mary Beth
CFO (É.-U.)
Matières plastiques, 51–200 employés

Where did Barracuda go?

Commentaires : the amount of spam getting through is out of control since we updated.

Did is the correct word. It used to actually work, after some updates, it doesn't. Absolutely a waste.

Lack of response to obvious software issues.

Hôtellerie, 51–200 employés

It is OK

The UI of the appliance is very well designed, making it easy to navigate.

Barracuda misses a lot of spam, as well as falsely flags a lot of emails. I know that spammers get creative, but some things that should obviously get blocked instead get through.