Avis clients sur Handy Backup

En savoir plus sur Handy Backup

Cette solution effectue une sauvegarde automatique de vos données critiques sur presque tous les types de support de stockage.

En savoir plus sur Handy Backup

Ease of use for local LAN only. Software is quick for local LAN backup/restore.

Handy Backup - Notes

3,3
4,0

Handy Backup a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 26 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Handy Backup ?

Leigh
President (Canada)
Vente en gros, 11-50 employés

Used Daily for close to 20 years

Commentaires : I have used this product since version 1. I own 3 licences for my 3 different computer locations. It has saved my butt more than once. There is a small glitch with version 8 and one drive, but I'm certain it will get fixed. This is part of my personal "Essentials" software that I keep for new computer set ups, or re-installations.

I like the ease of use, and the total flexibility. It has kept up nicely with available technology.

Customer support can be spotty. Re-registering on the same computer after a new version can be a pain.

il y a 3 ans

There is no greater satisfaction for our job than when we find out that our solution can serve the user for so many years! Thank you for being with us, Leigh! As for technical support, we are trying very hard to ¿keep a hand of the pulse¿, but we recognize that some failures may occur (for example, during changing employees). In case of registration transfer, you can always use the link https://www.handybackup.net/registration-management.shtml, where you can reset the registration without an additional call to technical support. Thank you again! Best regards, Natalya Sigaeva Head of Novosoft Marketing Dept.

Mark
Mark
Personal (Canada)
Source : GetApp

Support seems to be non-existent

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall the backups themselves are running well but as described, the support questions I have sent have resulted in NO REPLY.

The actual backup works very well. I like the way you can read the backed up files.

I have been sending questions to their support and sales mailboxes for months now with not even a reply. I am having trouble with the email notification and have asked at least 6 times with no reply. I have used the email as well as the website comments section, with no result from either. Makes me think they are not supporting their product.

Robert
MD (R.-U.)
Équipement et fournitures de bureau, 11-50 employés

Handy Backup 7

Commentaires : At present we use serveral Handy Backup 7 around the company. We use these to back up files each night and keep these for three copies.
Sometimes it will copy more that three copies, which is a problem I have, this may be the way I have set them up but I don't know.

Easy enough t o set up but leaving it to do the same job time after time, I find I could not trust it 100 %

Sometimes it copies more than set up for and leaving it to do the same job time after time. I could not trust it 100 %

il y a 3 ans

Dear Robert, Thank you for the review. We're disappointed that you find our product unreliable. Could you, please, write to the technical support at support@handybackup.net? We'd like to get more information about problems you have to help you sort everything out. Best regards, Handy Backup Team.

Tom
Principal engineer (É.-U.)
Semi-conducteurs, 10 000+ employés

Using Handy Backup both at home and at work

Commentaires : Because I didn't understand the incremental backups with versioning properly, I ended up starting to fill up the 1 TB external drive pretty fast. So I ended up reformatting it (faster than deleting hundreds of thousands of files) and starting over with one of the simpler schemes.

A simple backup was very easy to set up. I recently bought a 1 TB portable hard drive, so I could back up files from the laptop I use at work and have copies of my daily work that I hadn't checked into a git repo yet. I like that the files are stored the same as they are on the host computer. I used a backup program in the past that always zipped everything, and it was more difficult to restore files, or even see what your backup looked like. (Handy Backup has the option to zip too, but I won't be using it.)

The advanced backup types are a little hard to understand (mixed incremental and mixed differential). Some examples of what the backup types end up looking like on your machine would be nice. Also, I didn't realize that I could only use the software on one machine -- lots of software today allows use on both home and work computers. So I bought one copy, and then found out I had to buy another -- at full price. If it was clearer I needed to buy two copies at the beginning, I could have used the multiple discount.

il y a 3 ans

It is very inspiring for us to read your review! Now we are deveolping some task samples to make advanced setup operations simpler. And regarding a license for a second computer, you may send us an email to sales@handybackup.net to ask for a discount for a second copy, citing us the fact that you have already bought Handy Backup earlier. Thank you for your participation! Best regards, Natalya Sigaeva Head of Novosoft Marketing Dept.

Tim
Scientist (É.-U.)
Réseaux informatiques, 10 000+ employés

Handy Backup user for years

Handy Backup has always served an essential need for me in terms of disaster recovery. While most of my data is stored on Network Attached Storage that is mirrored for redundancy in the event of a disk failure, mirroring does not prevent me from losing a file through inadvertent deletion. Handy Backup has always been my backup software of choice to make a copy of my critical NAS files to local storage in the event of deletion.

I would appreciate additional alerting since I never review my log files. I set it and forget it and just assume it's working. It would be nice to receive an alert if a backup failed.

il y a 3 ans

Nice to get a review from you, Tim! We'll try to implement your comment. Thanks for sharing your experience. Best regards, Handy Backup Team.

Manager (Australie)
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés

Problem with backup of open files

Commentaires : For me, version 5 or earlier, perfection. Anything above this has the same file save issue.

Using version 5, fully featured, work extremely fast while performing every task that we require

Later versions will write a zero kb file over top of you last save. Not only does backup fail for that file, you also lose your previosly saved version.

Owner (É.-U.)

Like the Product but Support is Lacking

Commentaires : Like the software, but wish support was helpful

Interface, features and functionality.

I have contacted support for a couple of issues and either have not heard back, or the assistance provided was not helpful. At this point, I am still having problems with backing up to my NAS

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly working on improving our program and the support team. Unfortunately, no one is protected from the force majeure situations. If you have any problems, please contact us via email: supporthb@novosoft.net On 25th of February we have released a new version of the program - 8.1.2, special attention was paid to the NAS. Thank you in advance!

Noel
IT Manager (É.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 51-200 employés

Happy/Sad

Commentaires : For local LAV its great, Backup to cloud does not work.

Ease of use for local LAN only. Software is quick for local LAN backup/restore

I have been using for over 10 years and purchased the new version to backup to OneDrive. Never was able to make it work and support was unable to as well.

Consultant and Project Mannager (Israël)
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés

Sync

Commentaires : As a project manager, I use to work outside of my office and I have to always up to date with all update drownings, documents etc.

I use the Handy Backup to sync from my PC to my laptop so I am always up to date with all my data, and to an external usb disks as backup of my data. I use Handy Backup as the main backup options beside another cloud backup storage.

Once you got familiar with it, it is easy to use and reliable

il y a 3 ans

We're pleased to see your review! Have a great experience using Handy Backup! Kind regards, Handy Backup Team.

Zaid
Technical (Canada)
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur

Good friendly software

Commentaires : I like it very much and their customer support is really good.

It's easy to use and friendly. Can backup all my hard drives with single click.

Its good software, maybe in future revision a mobile app can be added so we can do the update for our systems remotely using or mobile devices.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for your kinf review, Zaid! It's a pleasure to know you find our software helpful. As for a mobile app - it'd be a really great solution and we definately will think about it. Kind regards, Handy Backup Team

Ron
President/Founder (Canada)
Réseaux informatiques, 2-10 employés

Great product and very cost affective

Commentaires : i have used handy backup for many years and now that the newer version support VSS even better :)

it is very easy to install and configure and good price point

i really don't have anything bad to say about the product...it is great for the price point

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for your kind review, Ron! It's a pleasure for us to realize that we have such loyal clients for many years. We do our best for your further great experience in using Handy Backup. Best regards, Handy Backup Team.

Charles
VP Sales/Engineering (É.-U.)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 11-50 employés

Does the job

Commentaires : Overall I like it. If I have to setup a similar process on another server, I'd come back and purchase Handy Backup again.

The software is intuitive. I got the whole process down in about two or three tries. The reason why it didn't work the first two times was because I setup incorrectly and I didn't have enough disk space for a temp file prior to the backup.

The log could use some improvement. I was getting a lot of errors because of naming convention issues so I was looking at thousands of errors. Maybe somehow categories if it's the same error, then mention how many times it happened.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for your feedback, Charles! We are glad to be of help to you. We will definitely discuss the issue of simplifying the log with the developers. If you decide to buy an additional Handy Backup license, you can contact us by email at sales@handybackup.net to let us know that this is not your first purchase, so we will definitely give you a discount for a second license. Best regards, Natalya Sigaeva Head of Novosoft Marketing Dept.

Todd
IT Network Admin (É.-U.)
Appareils médicaux, 201-500 employés

Handy Backup

It is easy to configure and set up a new job. We use Handy backup daily to backup critical equipment.

We have not found any Cons with Handy Backup.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you very much for your feedback! We will try to make our product better and better! Regards, Handy Backup Team

Seth
Dentist (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 2-10 employés

Good product

Commentaires : Reliable backups of my data

Easy to set up and use. Easy to verify backups.

Customer service difficult to contact in person. Emails sometimes delayed.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad that we helped you! We are constantly working on improving our team of technical support. If you have any questions, please contact us via mail: supporthb@novosoft.net

Eric
Owner (Canada)
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2-10 employés

A must have tool for techs

Commentaires : I use this to make backup copies of pop and IMAP email accounts prior to migrations. I love that I can point it at the server setup a list of users and let it run. Takes the stress out of migrations knowing I have a local copy of customers emails incase something goes wrong.

This software makes it so incredibly easy for me to create backups of my users systems and emails before doing a migration. With a couple clicks I can select exactly what I want to back up and set it to run. I love that I don't have to babysit it while it runs. This was by far the best software I found for making local backups of webmail accounts for my clients before migrating email providers.

The interface feels a bit dated but nothing you can't use.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for the summary, Eric! We're glad you find our product simple and effective. Kind regards, Handy Backup Team.

Raleigh
Owner (É.-U.)
Élevage, 2-10 employés

Excellent Backup Program

Commentaires : I periodically will go in and create a new backup and that way I can have previous information to go back to when I need it.

This program is very easy to use and does a clean, excellent job of backing up everything. I like it because I can go into the backup and get the previous version out very easy.

It does take some room for the backup but I have planned for that so it really isn't a problem.

il y a 3 ans

Dear Raleigh! Thank you for your personal cooperation! On behalf of the Handy Backup Development Team, we express our sincere appreciation for your feedback. Best regards, Handy Backup Team

Erdal
University faculty (Turquie)
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés

Simple and Effective

Simple tu use. User-friendly interface. Does what it is supposed to da fast and accurately.

None, so far. I have not encountered any difficulties.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for your great review, Erdal! We're happy to know that you find Handy Backup simple and don't encounter any difficulties at all. Keep on getting a great experience! Best regards, Handy Backup Team.

Jeff
IT Director (É.-U.)
Meubles, 51-200 employés

Needed an alternative to our VM backup software for our one Standalone box

Commentaires : This is a box that we had not been backing up, but recent changes meant it was going to be more active use, and so I quickly had to find a solution I could get in place and could test. Handy seems to be doing a good job, and backups are occurring on schedule, and restore of data has been fine.

Easy to setup and configure, reporting is easy

Some of the rules were a little weird, but was able to work it out quickly

il y a 3 ans

Dear Jeff, we are happy to hear from you. Thanks for the review! It's great that you find our product helpful. Best regards, Handy Backup Team.

Yehia
Professor Emeritus & International Expert Trainer of Food Safety and Quality (Égypte)
Produits alimentaires, Auto-entrepreneur

Very good one.

Commentaires : I see that this soft ware achieves my needs

It is easy to use. It is convenience and ideal for me.

I don't see any elements could be raised to answer this question.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you very much for your feedback. It's great to be useful to people!

Shawn
Manager of Support Services (É.-U.)

Ease of use

I love the scheduler back up, kicks in automatically and backs up all my NAS drives

Email setup at first but once I got it to work it’s been working great

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for your review, Shawn! We're glad that you've sorted out with Handy Backup and now find it easy-to-use. As for the scheduler, we think it's a great feature for backup software. It's a pleasure you appreciate it, too! Kind regards, Handy Backup Team.

SAVVAS
Chef (Chypre)
Produits alimentaires, 11-50 employés

Solved my sync problems

I am using ipcameras for my summer house. Handy Backup solved my problem syncing cameras data on cloud (dropbox,gdrive) so i dont worry loosing data

Running as service and very easy setup..

il y a 3 ans

We are glad to see your review, Savvas! It is nice to be helpful for you! Handy Backup Team

William
IT (É.-U.)
Matériel informatique, 2-10 employés

No support

Commentaires : This is terrible customer support. It's like they went out of business but are still selling product to the unsuspecting customer. I would highly NOT recommend this to anyone.

Fairly easy to install, but not much else

WE purchased Handy Backup Pro and have used for several weeks but keep \getting errors. We tried calling their support line on their website 1 (707) 703-13-11 but the phone is disconnected (always a bad sign). WE also tried emailing support@handybackup.net and support@novosoft.net and have not received a reply.

Matt
Owner (R.-U.)
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur

Ideal for backing up IMAP email accounts

Commentaires : Handy Backup allows me to backup the IMAP email accounts associated with my webhosting to safe guard against loss of email messages in the event of a failure at my hosting provider (which has happened in the past!)

This is the only low cost program that I have found for backing up multiple IMAP email accounts. It does that job well by creating incremental backups and even allows compression and encryption of the output. The standard version of the software is great value for money and is easy to set up. It also supports a number of cloud services.

My only minor criticism would be that the interface for version 7 looks a little dated but this seems to have been addresses in version 8 which looks very modern.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks, Matt! We're glad you find Handy Backup effective for your business. You're right - the interface looked a little old-fashioned, but in version 8 we enhanced it, and now it looks better. Enjoy your work! Kind regards, Handy Backup Team.

Stephen
Retired (É.-U.)
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur

Personal use

I like the fact that it does mirror backups instead of image, because I want the ability to restore individual files at time instead of a complete restore.

Can't think of anything. I like all the features and install and usage is intuitive.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for your review, Stephen! The native-format recovery is the one of key features for Handy Backup, and it is wonderful to hear that you find this function useful! Handy Backup Team

Bruce
Owner (Australie)
Design graphique, Auto-entrepreneur

Worst Backup Software

Commentaires : Very bad experience. I simply gave up and bought Acronis.

Nothing. It simply did not do a backup properly and would not do an incremental backup.

It simply did not work properly. It did not backup as it should

il y a 3 ans

Good afternoon, Bruce! It is a pity that you had such experience. To be honest, we are very surprised. Please contact us at SupportHB@novosoft.net so that we can help you and ourselves to solve this problem. Regards, Handy Backup Team