• Note globale
  • Facilité d'utilisation
  • Service client

En savoir plus sur Buildium

Buildium est un logiciel cloud de gestion des biens haut de gamme, adapté aux établissements résidentiels et aux associations.

En savoir plus sur Buildium

Filtrer les avis (1 748)

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Buildium ?

Filtrer les avis (1 748)

Siddhartha H.
Siddhartha H.
Director (Inde)
Comptabilité, 51-200 employés

Best property management assistant!

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : Buildium has helped to share the Rental Owner Statement with the clients, by directly providing them access to it, which allows them to view their rental income details. This software doesn't have much complications as compared to other Property Management software.

1. Buildium is the one of the best software for Rental and property management accounting 2. It is fast and reliable. 3. It enables convenient emailing.

There are very less limitations to Buildium, it just sometimes, seems quite time consuming.

Keenan C.
Keenan C.

The Best PM Software Solution

4 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : We have enlarged our client base with Buildium's features thanks to their focus on speed and accuracy with payments, reporting, and accounting ease.

Online payments are a game-changer. Owner/tenant/HOA access allows each respective person the ability to view important reports and property status in real-time. The property database is completely searchable from anywhere on the site.

The task feature is a bit wanting. It's good for what it is, but dedicated project management or to-do list applications work just as well or better in most cases.

Pamela J.
Property Manager/Bookkeeper (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 2-10 employés

Buildium is a game changer

5 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : This has been an excellent experience, from set up to daily work. The few times I have gotten stuck and not been able to figure it out on my own, I have always received the BEST Customer Service, every single time. Pleasant, accurate, immediate help and a solution to my problem with one phone call. It is astonishing in this day and age. Thank you!!!

I have been in the Property Management field for over 30 years and started with a DOS based accounting program for our rentals. When it became too outdated to use anymore, my Broker dragged me, kicking and screaming, into the new age of online property management programs. After trying a few of them and being terribly discouraged and disappointed, I found Buildium and have not looked back since. The accounting features allow me to give my Landlords exact and professional reports and access to their account information through the portal. Nearly ALL of my tenants are paying online now, which is a great time saver and perfect for my small business situation. I am able to track every penny, every vacancy, every lease renewal AND I have it linked to my website so all it takes to put a property on the market is the click of a button. But the very best part about Buildium is their customer service!!! I have tried to figure out problems for HOURS on my own, then given up and called customer service to have an answer within minutes!!! It is amazing how fantastic the staff is. And the program keeps getting new features and fine tuning too. They listen to their customers and their excellent developers respond to our needs quickly. I've never had a better experience with ANY program or company, across the board. Highly recommend them.

The ONLY complaint I have about Buildium is that my ESCROW account balances, which are the tenant's money being held in trust, only show the Property Owner names on my reports.

il y a 4 semaines

Thank you so much for your review, Pamela! It's always great to hear success stories like yours. - Charlie W.

David M.

Do Not Buy Buildium

2 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Yuck!

I like that it is web-based. The online Help search feature is average. It returns too many suggestions. However, when you find the relevant item, the instructions are well written.

1) Net Income does NOT flow correctly to the Balance Sheet. While this is IMPOSSIBLE in every accounting package I have used, Buildium somehow does this. (For perspective, I have been doing accounting 37 years.) Telephone tech support was unable to resolve the issue. 2) Adjusting journal entries cannot be made at the tenant level, only at the property level. Thus, many steps are required for what should be very simple entries. 3) Very limited search capabilities. a. Cannot search ledgers on amount, payee, or reconciled status. b. Cannot export Tenant Ledgers to Excel for better searching capabilities. c. Cannot export General Ledger. 4) Cannot memorize custom reports. Parameters of reports must be reentered each time the underlying built-in report is used. This is VERY time consuming and error prone. 5) Lousy tech support by email. Slow or NO response. 6) When concluding editing or viewing detail of an item in a tenant ledger, the program goes back to ALL Tenants for the property rather than returning to the tenant ledger on which work was being done. So, to continue working, the user has to find the appropriate tenant and reopen the ledger. This is very time consuming. 7) On-line training videos have a music track playing while the presenter is speaking. This is VERY distracting.

Rusty T.
Owner / Property Manager (É.-U.)

Ease of Buildium

5 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : I have been extremely pleased with the ease of use and product support.

Simple features. Accounting is much easier to manage with Buildium than other softwares. Super helpful support teams that always follow through.

Mobile app could be a little more inclusive of the management side of the software. But it is good for tenants and owners to use.

il y a 3 mois

Thank you for your review, Rusty! Regarding mobile apps, we do have a manager app that you can find on the Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/buildium/id1288105237 or on the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildium.android&hl=en_US&gl=US Through the Buildium app, you can do many of the same functions that you can through the website, like manage tasks, record resident payments, view property, resident, or vendor information, and more. I hope that's helpful! -Charlie W

Megan K.
Executive Assistant (É.-U.)

Amazing Software!!

4 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Great software, definitely a work in progress, however, it's getting to the end where things are getting refined and polished to be one of the best out there!

The ability to organize everything. Notes and files, communications and ledgers; it's all super fantastic and helpful.

Needs more ways to sort properties, like HOA communities, utilities, even a map section for all of the properties we manage would be awesome. More customization essentially. For tenants pages, Summary Pages, Etc. Maybe some more integrations as well.

il y a 4 semaines

Hi Megan, Thanks for your review. For sorting properties, have you considered using the Groups feature? This allows you to create your own custom groups that have only the properties you want in them. https://support.buildium.com/hc/en-us/articles/204375373-Groups Our customer care team is also available to help you with this and any other questions you have. - Charlie W

James R.
Customer Service Rep (É.-U.)

Great Customer Assistance

3 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : The layout is smooth to access, just need an option to know who needs to be paid on a ledger

If an issue arises with the software they have a contact number where you can quickly get to a representative.

Have a hard time tracking what owners need to be paid once the tenant has made a payment.

il y a 4 semaines

Hi James, Thanks for the review! For owner disbursements, after you receive income, record expenses, and collect management fees (if applicable), you are left with the amount that can be paid to the rental owner. The rental owner statement is a good report to use for seeing this, as is the Owner Draw screen, which you can access by going to Rentals > Rental Owners > click Owner Draw. Reach out to customer care for more details. - Charlie W

Steven F.
Owner (É.-U.)

Used for many years

5 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Its been great initially, but as time goes on, I feel it is limited, cumbersome and pricey. I still like it, but feel the updates made to the software are not very functional. Who cares if the menu's are on top or the side. Give us a calendar that syncs, more transactional features, and ability to link personal bank accounts...things that will make life easier everyday.

Rent payment tracking and ability to track late tenants easily. Wish the accounting module would easily syn to my multiple bank accounts.

Doesn't sync easily with my bank. Cumbersome accounting entries. No calendar or calendar syncing - to say Gmail calendar. I need to double enter tasks/dates into google...actually don't use tasks anymore...too cumbersome. Expensive. Cannot link personal accounts to auto payments via the website...very limited. The busier I get and the more I use it the more I am looking at other options. I pay a lot for this software, and not sure if it's worth the money. Lots of less expensive competitors seem to be more focused on simple day-to-day tasks and transactional ease. This is my priority.

Andrew L.
Owner (É.-U.)

Buildium PM Software

5 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : It's made my life a lot easier.

I like that Buildium automates a lot of the manual property management processes. It's easy to track income and expenses, and our residents enjoy having the online capabilities such as eLease, Online payments, Maintenance requests. I also like the Accounting functionality.

The Lease renewal process has improved but sometimes it is still hard to track whose lease is coming due and where the resident is at in the renewal process.

Matt O.
Matt O.
Realtor (É.-U.)

Guaranteed reports fast

5 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Getting our clients a secure and reliable report to insure they're getting excellent renters that meet their criteria.

Credit, background, and eviction report super easy to get.

The user/applicants have trouble with the payment sometimes and I don't receive the report until we make a phone call in.

Melinda W.
Assitant Property Manager (É.-U.)

Great Property Management software

4 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall I am pleased with this product. The more I work with it the more I find I am able to do.

This software allows me to communicate efficiently with tenants and owners and to find information quickly when needed. I also love that it is always adding new features and updating existing.

I would like to be able to text owners the way that I can tenants. I would also like to be able to do the owner PM agreements as well. Sometimes I need to add an addendum so it would be nice to be able to add documents to be signed as needed.

il y a 6 jours

Hi Melinda! Thank you for your honest feedback. Texting rental owners, collecting digital signatures for other documents, and mid-lease document signing are all things our developers are looking into. You can add your voice to the chorus of people who have requested these features by clicking "Suggest a feature" in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. From there, you can search for features you're looking for and add your vote to them. If the feature you're looking for hasn't already been suggested, you can submit it and other Buildium users can add their vote to it. In the meantime, stay tuned as updates to these services and more are launched! - Charlie W

Donald R.

Buildium is Fantastic

5 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : Buildium has given us the tools to streamline our processes and make daily tasks easy. The online software makes it accessible no matter where the staff are located so that work orders, rent input, communications, etc. can be handled in real-time and on the spot. Everything from leases to lease renewals, maintenance requests to inspections are all in one spot, easily accessible. No more paper files to thumb through. The administration of property management has never been such a breeze.

As an accountant, the accounting features are awesome. Online payments make tracking incoming rents easier since there is less leg work. You can setup priorities on how payments are applied. The program is easy to use and to navigate. Buildium provides tutorials that are great training tools for new and even experienced users. Buildium was easy to setup and integrate into our company.

I have yet to find any complaints with Buildium's program. There are continuing to improve and add features on a quarterly basis. There were no issues switching to this software from our previous system.

Wayne H.

Outstanding Property Management Tool for Self-run Properties

5 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : I look like a savant for bringing the board's attention to this product, doing the heavy lifting to convince them to self-manage and standing it up in a reasonable period of time. I had ZERO previous experience in either accounting or property management and would not attempt this without Buildium at this point.

We did an extensive search of property management/accounting tools when we transitioned from a CPA service. Our reason was it took too much time to get feedback on issues relating to expenses/revenue and overall friction in the system when requesting a third party to supply data. Buildium has allowed us non-accountants to track expenses and service requests, banking issues, assessment cash flow better than we ever could do before. Learning curve is a bit steep for those who don't want to spend much time and stick to Quick Start type software. But those willing to dig into the vast amount of training and educational tools available will be amply rewarded with an economical, efficient and user friendly tool to stay on top of just about any situation that will arise in small property or project management. I can't speak to multi-property scenarios but Buildium appears to intelligently compartmentalize multi properties to enable a manager to replicate the same processes used in single properties. We cut our monthly accounting costs by two/thirds and hired me as property manager which we did not have before...and still are under previous budget. I can provide real-time financial reporting day of request for our HOA board members; it used to average 10-14 days to make the round trip with a CPA. At this point, I would quit the position if it required going back to our previous labor-intensive practices. Love this software...

Our biggest impediment to implementation was our previous CPA's chart of accounts, allocations etc. did not translate seamlessly into Buildium. Accounting is an art, not a science, and there are different ways to account for processes that we found were a bit tricky to figure out. With Buildium live support (very helpful) plus our contract hiring of a Buildium savvy accountant, we were able to cross the goal in a reasonable time. We continue to use the Buildium pro for quarterly reconciliation just as a way to show independent accounting input, but it is not necessary at this time if we chose not to continue.

Marianne M.
Facility Manager (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11-50 employés

Mostly Happy with Our Choice to use Buildium

4 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : It has been a good change for our business from where we were a year ago -- still tracking rental information in excel spreadsheets. I am the one who uses it daily, but the others in the business that need to pull information from time to time find it easy to use and that it has the reports they are looking to find. It definitely has helped us save time on some things. However, some of the shortcomings described in my explanation of things least liked add back time. I'm hoping in participating in this and voicing my feedback to the reps that I'll see my suggestions used to improve things in the future.

I had used the software at another company and thought it would work well at my current job. I really appreciated the customer service from my past experience. I have had only one less than favorable experience with the customer service received in my years of using Buildium. I like how easy it is for our tenants to use and navigate. It has encouraged most of them to pay online which is a huge time saver for me.

Since we do commercial leasing and not residential, there are some misses in my opinion. I'd say my biggest frustration with the software is the eleasing formatting. If you have a document with tagged information boxes, if you enter in one wrong piece of information instead of being able to edit just that one box, you have to cancel the whole document and start over. That's rather a pain. So I've been uploading forms more instead of using the saved elease documents for this reason. Also, I wish there was a way to tailor the communications better. My tenants want to receive monthly rent invoice yet your system only generates monthly statements. So I have to manually make these monthly, which is time consuming. It would be nice if I could create something like this. I worked with several customer service reps on this tasks and it was decided that what I want done is not possible at this time.

il y a 8 mois

Hi Marianne, Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our Product team. Best, Liz Gill Customer Marketing

Jennifer D.
Condominium Manager (Canada)

A Good program getting better

4 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : A much better system than using multiple programs for individual aspects. Very geared toward rental management and Condos or HOAs seem after-thoughts often.

The ability for Boards to interact with management and for owners to be easily communicated with are some of the best features with this program. It's mostly all integrated!

Updates are usually bumpy when implemented, causing a slow down in service. Some features, which seem to be common sense are still in development stages. Tracking of tasks in infancy yet. Can send emails but not receive them through the system, causing us to still have to use another program.

Rick B.
Rick B.

We deferred the decision to adopt Buildium for 10 years too long

5 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Our biggest challenge was gathering all of our data as it was stored in numerous systems. Buildium's deployment staff was excellent in helping us to get off the ground. We were live within 30 days of starting and have continued to add functionality throughout the year.

We have been live for just over a year now. We use the applications, electronic rent collection (epay), accounting, Resident Center, and task tracking (maintenance) features of Buildium. Their automation has saved us so much time and money.

Wishlist rather than cons as the system is very good: 1) multiple applications would be good based on the type of property rather than being limited to just 1 application, 2) the ability to move a tenant out and move a new tenant in on the same day, 3) better tenant communications (emailing and messaging) above and beyond what is built-in, we adopted Follow-up Boss for this, 4) API should be open to Zapier

Cynthia S.
Member-Manager (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés

If you manage rental property, you need this software!

4 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : We would say our who leasing process has been streamlined by using Buildium. Prospective tenants can apply on-line, sign a lease on-line and pay their monthly rent and fees on-line. All in one place. Since we manage at least 3 separate multi-family properties at any one time, it has saved us time, as now all communications are in one software program, rather than having separate accounts/e-mails, etc. for each property.

We own and manage our own rental properties. We have been in the business for at least 35 years. We have used other means of tracking our rentals, but this one by far is the best. We love the fact that our residents can pay their rent and fees on-line, via the tenant portal, which means fewer trips to the bank. They also may submit maintenance issues and ask questions. We can send out announcements very easily and quickly. We can see easily who has paid their rent this month, and the ones that we need to remind them that their rent is past due -- the software automatically adds the late fees! Prospective tenants can apply for one of our properties on-line, which saves time for both the them and our company; no more printing paper applications that need to be mailed back, causing delays. We can even send out eLeases -- no more printing leases and the accompanying documents, and having to make sure all the "i's" are dotted and the "t's" crossed. The software makes sure that all fields that need initials, signatures and/or dates are completed prior to the lease being sent on. There are so many more features that we cannot enumerate them all.

There is a learning curve during the initial setup and getting used to all the features, but we feel it has been well worth it in the long run.

Tim F.
Operator (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 2-10 employés

Great product for property management

4 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Buildium has been great for property management. Online applications/background checks, epay, and the resident portal have proven to be daily uses in our business. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

epay. It's worth it for that. To be able to get paid online seemlessly is great. Communication being automated around payment is wonderful, too -- specifically, the lease ledger, automating late fees, and payment reminders.

We list properties for rent that do not have bed/baths on them - specifically, RV pad sites and commercial lots. Buildium does not allow us to list properties without the bed/bath requirement. This becomes confusing to prospective tenants when these listings are on our website and published elsewhere.

Lori J.
Business Manager (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 2-10 employés

Easy to use becoming more Robust

4 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Been using Buildium for about 6 years. We have been able to manage properties much more effeciently and thoroughly. Tenants now are more interactive and easier to recieve payments and get work orders done, so much less deferred maintenance. The software is intuitive and pretty easy to use. When we have needed Customer support there has typically been a live person that is very helpful.

The software is pretty easy to use, intuitive. Buildium does not really encourage integration with other Apps easily.

That Tenants can't do Independent Home inspections. OR that We can't tie another software into Buildium easily to allow us to customize a few things.

William A.

Overall a Quality Property Management Software Platform

4 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall Buildium is a really good platform to use especially if you want things to be automatically done or updated. I like that customize dashboard that lets you know when leases are expiring and need to be renewed. They also allow you to auto list properties for rent. This is extremely helpful for us. One down side of this platform is the inability to send debts to collection like other platforms have. Overall, I would recommend Buildium as long as they were made aware of the extra charges and services they continue to try and promote to tenants.

The thing I like the post is that it automatically applies late fees to accounts. It also auto notifies tenants once they make a payment on their account. I like that you can email every tenant using one email instead of trying to email them individually. The site is very user friendly with a customizable dashboard to help you get a quick snap shot of your rentals.

I don't like some of the auto emails that get sent to tenants to help sell some of the products Buildium is promoting. For instance, they want all tenants to have insurance and will continually email them to get them to purchase insurance that Buildium gets a cut of. They also are encouraging tenants to set up ACH payments, which if you don't have the top account level, charges the owner to use the service. I feel like Buildium continues to try and do add ons from both the tenants and the owners which is frustrating considering the amount of money we pay for the software.

Dustin C.
Manager of Operations (É.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés

Will never use another program

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Buildium had always been the go to for me. It's user friendly for staff and extremely user friendly for my residents and older residents that aren't as technologically inclined. Anyone can use it. And when my older residents are confused they can call the hotline and get customer services from the team rather than calling is office during off hpurs.

The ease of importing all of our data and getting everything set up specifically for our hoa property. Everything we needed and none of the rental stuff we didn't. The team assisting us in seeing up the system has been incredible.

There is nothing I dislike. I would love to have the ability to shower multiple chargers on statements for dues and assessment and have those both track. But the team has shown me a way we can do that until the update team has created that ability.

Kimberly D.
Lead Property and Office Manager (É.-U.)

Definitely Worth a Try

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : Overall, I think Buildium is a good company and I think they are struggling with the fast growth process, as many companies do. The cost of their program is less than Appfolio and the folks that work for them are better at helping out with issues. I found Appfolio's phone support to be mostly snarky know-it-alls and patronizing 20-somethings with an attitude who seemed to be bothered by my questions . Buildium support has never come across that way.

The set up process and assistance in doing it was quite seamless. The ongoing support is there if you need it and the tutorials, although not great or always up to date, do help you figure things out without having to call in.

The close-out of a tenant can be awkward and not intuitive. The return of security deposits with interest and charging of fees is clunky. Also, when a lease runs out, the system doesn't roll them over to month-to-month. It simply just closes out the lease on line and makes it look like the tenant doesn't live there anymore or owe any rent. This is both frustrating and stressful because if a tenant owes money and decides not to declare that, they could potentially get away without paying rent. There needs to be a change in the rollover of the leases in the system so we don't miss collecting rent.

Neil G.
Landlord (Australie)
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur

Best accounting program for rental property income and expenditure

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : With Buildium, all my income and expenditure information, receipts and invoices plus lease agreements etc are all stored in the one place. At tax time, printing out reports for my tax agent is simple and quick.

Easy to use and can cope with multiple properties. Reports can be generated for variations in financial year reporting of different counties. You can set up recurring bills so they appear on your list of things to do which reminds you and you don't have to re-enter all the data each time you have a bill to pay.

This is an American based program and for American users, it offers the ability to pay bills direct from your bank account etc. For me in Australia, this facility is unavailable.

Katie S.

Property Management Software - works very well for non accounting backgrounds

4 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : Automation is HUGE! online payment is HUGE! It's connecting my tenant/client requests with my staff and subsequently my vendors - less mess to sort through!

I don't have to have a degree in accounting, between features, FAQ's and support, I've always been able to resolve issues. Love that it streamlines my processes into one central place and that I have a good overall place for myself, my assistant, my clients and tenants to look at things. Love online payments and ability to pay out to owners and vendors online as well! Software has fantastic capability to shift easily with the changing needs of business (growth or even if we were to pull back a bit - affordable and seamless transition!)

The vendor/owner portals are difficult and messy. Also, my vendors can see ALL work orders, not just their own for a property they have access to. They have to go under maintenance just to find work orders (not intuitive). Would be awesome if they could just reply to the emails the system sends and have those replies/files be uploaded as communication on the work order. Loading pictures is ok but difficult to reorder. Also, would like to be able to load pictures in an area that show things like appliances/etc but not necessarily show on the listing If I enable "files" to be seen, then people can see ALL things under files - not just those pertinent to the properties they are enabled for. If I send an email to all owners or all tenants, it does not save under their individual communication logs - I have to go into a specific lease/tenant/owner/etc then go to communications to start an email otherwise it's not in the log. Would like to have multiple work orders under tasks - sometimes I need a General, a plumber and an electrician to complete the same task, for example. In the banking area, I'd like the property balances to reflect how much is deposit/property reserves so that I can see I'm where I need to be at a glance. I'd also like to be able to make more than one reserve account per property (i.e. taxes, maintenance) I'd like ONE application email - not one plus the credit check (maybe the app has a link to the chk

Erin V.
Erin V.
Bookkeeper (Mexique)
Construction, 11-50 employés

Jump on the property management software train with Buildium!!

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : The benefits of utilizing Buildium for home construction companies are too many to list here. From management being able to see the project all at once and not have to look in different sections. Subcontractors being able to log their hours per project tasks for easy invoicing. Owners with the ability to go on and see how the construction is going, choosing selections, and keeping in contact with management. For bookkeepers the easy integration of Xero and Quickbooks online is fantastic. If you haven't tried Buildium and are looking for a superb property management software, sign up for their free trial and take it for a test drive.

There are several items within Buildium that by far surpassed other property management companies. The ability to upload subcontractor paperwork and have all the information in one place securely online with reminders set up when expirations or missing information is needed. The ability for everyone with accounts set up to communicate, check on tasks, and proposals all in one place for easy referral. One of the easiest implementations and setups for property management software. But the absolute best thing about Buildium for me anyways is that you can list as much information from sales, tasks, proposals, selections, etc. I truly believe that all companies need to keep as much information as possible on file and with Buildium you can put as much information as you need, place tags for easy reporting, and this information is for authorized users to see. To me, you can never have too much information and it makes is so much easier if you have a person leave and the new hire to move it and look at the information to be brought up to date.

When I first started working with Buildium I wished that there had been a step by step workflow check sheet because at times I had to go and research if I was entering the data correctly. But that was quickly solved while speaking with Buidium's excellent customer support team members. Finally, I would recommend a Buildium forum where all users can go on and if they have questions can post it to the forum as another user may have had the same problem.