15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Buildium

En savoir plus sur Buildium

Buildium est un logiciel cloud de gestion des biens haut de gamme, adapté aux établissements résidentiels et aux associations.

En savoir plus sur Buildium

Easy to use, user-friendly, great customer service, reasonable price.

Their "known issues" have cost me THOUSANDS in productivity loss. They don't offer credits, discounts or anything of value and they don't fix the issues for months.

Buildium - Notes

Buildium a reçu une note globale de 4,5 étoiles sur 5 d'après 2 025 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Buildium ?

Filtrer les avis (2 025)

Bobby
Owner/Manager
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur

Must have software for property owners for Landlords!

Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
aziouz
Ingénieur en automatisme (Algérie)
Automatisation industrielle, 1 001–5 000 employés

Logiciel builduim

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : C'est un bon logiciel et merveilleux pour le travail

C'est un bon logiciel rapide et efficace

C'est un logiciel defficile a utiliser et

Merci, Aziouz! - Charlie

Aaron
Aaron
Manager (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Best property management software for the price

Commentaires : Reporting is important and Buildium lets you know who owes how much and what bills need to be paid. It simplifies the bookkeeping aspect and gives accurate accounting if used properly. Really enjoy having a dashboard with all critical information at my fingertips.

Buildium is packed with features to streamline property management and cashflow. There is no better way to accept tenant payments and pay vendors online with the click of a few buttons. Once we got our tenants and vendors using the payment portal, we drastically reduced time spent on processing paper bills and checks. There are so many ways to automate tasks and save time.

I'm hoping that the developers add the "Duplicate Invoice" feature in the Bills module. This would save a lot of time when entering several bills at once. Setup is difficult but key to make the software work for you.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Aaron, Thanks for your feedback and excellent suggestion about making duplicate bills! Did you know you can submit suggestions like this directly to our developers? If you haven't already, navigate to the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. - Charlie

Max

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Very reliable PM software for professional residential management

5,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

It's really easy to use, but still gives us very advanced tools. Robust trust accounting makes auditing and compliance easy. Support is always good and prompt. They are constantly making updates and improvements and seem to really care about the product. I like features that save me time and Buildium delivers. Really good tenant app, tenants really like it. Communication features work well.

Buildium is great for PMs who manage up to about 100 properties. It lacks the features that you need for over that amount, such as advanced batch reports, missing many standardized features and tools, no inspection schedule tracking, and the manager app isn't the best.

Jackie
Real Estate Broker (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Customer service used to be great.

3,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : While using the mass email function to send owner reports I've had multiple issues with the system not recognizing owner email addresses. I've called customer service and emailed and still have no resolution. The first 1 1/2 I was with Buildium were fantastic. Customer service was helpful and always had the right answer. About a year ago something changed and calls to customer service no longer produce results. I'm considering switching to a new program.

I like the ease of use, little training is needed to make full use of the system.

The owner portal isn't as easy to use as expected.

l’année dernière

Hi Jackie, Thank you for your review. We are always working to invest in the software and the people that support it. Stay tuned! - Charlie W

ROBERT
Property Management (É.-U.)

Simple Easy property mangement tools

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Simeple and easy to use. Customer service is relatively quick to respond, but if you have basic plan, you are limited to only email correpondence. Overall the buildium costs less than other products but they lacks in reporting options for commercial buildings.

They are simple to manuever and easy to implement the functions. Overall compared with other products on the market, it is relatively easy to use.

Many times the system is more geared to apartment/residential type buildings and residential tenants. This might be something to consider when you are commercial property manager since the reporting functions for commercial management are some what limited and not so friendly. I strongly suggest that they implement more functions and reporting options for different types of commercial properties.

Cynthia
Manager Assistant (É.-U.)

The Best Property Management Platform

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall, Buildium is not just a property management platform; it's a complete solution that has simplified my work. If you're in the property management field and want a platform that is easy to set up, maintain, and offers robust features for accounting, leasing, and expenses, look no further than Buildium. It has truly become an invaluable asset to my business.

Easy to set up, helps to keep track of finances, properties, owners, tenants, basically I can do all in one program no need to use any other.

I can't schedule EFT payment for my customers. I can't add more charges when using Applicants other than application fee I can't modify statements

Sumer
Accounting (É.-U.)

Overall great

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : My overall experience with Buildium has been good. It has taken longer for customer support inquiries over the years of use.

I like that it is online based. Tenants can view their ledger and documents via their portal. Owners also have an online portal they can view their statements and documents.

Some of the accounting features can be a bit confusing for the user and owners. Like the tenant prepayments, the calculation of management fees, and the owner contributions distribution among a single owner who owns multiple properties (if there is an outstanding balance)

le mois dernier

Thanks for your honest review, Sumer. If you haven't already, try checking out Buildium Academy to see if that can help clarify some questions you have about those accounting functions. You can also reach out to customer care and they can shed some light on things. - Charlie

Buildium Is a Professional Property Management Software at An Economical Price

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : I have tried many Property Management Software items throughout my career. Still, Buildium offers far more features for the price than any other software, along with the Buildium Academy, and continually updates the software to include more features.

I like the multitude of features that Buildium offers, with work orders, rent tracking, and accounting among the most helpful.

In my opinion, Buildium's many features are hidden by an antiquated interface, making it difficult to learn initially. If this interface had a more modern feel, it might attract even more customers once they could see its many powerful features.

RJ
CEO (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 2–10 employés

Building and property management suite

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall, there are features lacking that we feel need to be integrated and are very easy programming solutions. Customer service is available but on the basic level and they are fairly limited in resources. During the sales process the client is promised a Success Manager, but they never return phone calls and rarely reply to emails unless you engage basic support to file complaint. We have had two account manager assignments due to pregnancy and neither manager was reactive in time servicing our account. Buildium needs to work on this.

Ease of set up and Onboarding compared to other platforms

Account managers are never available, nor are they responsive

Alicia
Operations Manager (É.-U.)

Support as you Grow!

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : I would recommend buildium to anyone looking for property management software. Their support staff and their continual improvements are worth it, and the value for the software is fantastic.

The support team can answer EVERY question and are so easy to use. I don’t hesitate to call even for minor items.

The financial reporting and owner portal financials are a little lacking.

Antonio
Management (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Good product. Horrible customer service.

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Buildium is good but i may switch if they keep surprise billing me.

It's set and forget for the most part. Thats if you ever get it set up.

The customer service is nonexistent on the small plan.

Nicole
owner (É.-U.)

best software

Commentaires : I absolutely love buildium

easy to setup/use It cuts my job in half always adding more features online portal

I went from using quickbooks to buildium. The products are night and day. Buildium definetly offers way more. The only issue I have is with the accounting side. I wish it had the capability to track expenses by apartment so I could keep track of renovation costs. You can't customize the reports as much as I would like. QuickBooks had a great feature so you could track and reconcile your loan payments.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Nicole, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy that Buildium has been able to help save you time. I'll pass your feedback on tracking expenses by apartment over to our product team. Thanks again! The Buildium Team

Nancy
Property Manager (É.-U.)

Gets the Job Done; Would like more Features

Commentaires : Software functions well and is reliable, Customers and Clients tell us they DO NOT like the portal and don't understand reports. I have volunteered to be in a user group to develop reports but have not been contacted yet.

The software is easy to use and fairly flexible; we do use it in some ways that are not intended to address unique situations. I also like that there is a forum for user requested features where the community can "vote" on improvements.

Development of new features that are highly requested by the community could be responded to faster. There are also some requests that seem more like fixing a bug than a new feature that are ignored completely. These are things that affect our staff on a daily basis, e.g. emails that are automatically sent to customers and clients that have a link to the message thread in the portal where they can respond directly in thread (which is a good thing)- - EXCEPT the link is so cryptic that the average user does not realize it is a link, so they end up emailing us and we spend countless hours copying and pasting just to try to keep our documentation complete. If the developers would make the link more apparent and/or make email replies automatically update the message thread it would be really great.

Dustin
Manager of Operations (É.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 2–10 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Will never use another program

Commentaires : Buildium had always been the go to for me. It's user friendly for staff and extremely user friendly for my residents and older residents that aren't as technologically inclined. Anyone can use it. And when my older residents are confused they can call the hotline and get customer services from the team rather than calling is office during off hpurs.

The ease of importing all of our data and getting everything set up specifically for our hoa property. Everything we needed and none of the rental stuff we didn't. The team assisting us in seeing up the system has been incredible.

There is nothing I dislike. I would love to have the ability to shower multiple chargers on statements for dues and assessment and have those both track. But the team has shown me a way we can do that until the update team has created that ability.

Tim
Operator (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Great product for property management

Commentaires : Buildium has been great for property management. Online applications/background checks, epay, and the resident portal have proven to be daily uses in our business. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

epay. It's worth it for that. To be able to get paid online seemlessly is great. Communication being automated around payment is wonderful, too -- specifically, the lease ledger, automating late fees, and payment reminders.

We list properties for rent that do not have bed/baths on them - specifically, RV pad sites and commercial lots. Buildium does not allow us to list properties without the bed/bath requirement. This becomes confusing to prospective tenants when these listings are on our website and published elsewhere.

Melinda
Assitant Property Manager (É.-U.)

Great Property Management software

Commentaires : Overall I am pleased with this product. The more I work with it the more I find I am able to do.

This software allows me to communicate efficiently with tenants and owners and to find information quickly when needed. I also love that it is always adding new features and updating existing.

I would like to be able to text owners the way that I can tenants. I would also like to be able to do the owner PM agreements as well. Sometimes I need to add an addendum so it would be nice to be able to add documents to be signed as needed.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Melinda! Thank you for your honest feedback. Texting rental owners, collecting digital signatures for other documents, and mid-lease document signing are all things our developers are looking into. You can add your voice to the chorus of people who have requested these features by clicking "Suggest a feature" in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. From there, you can search for features you're looking for and add your vote to them. If the feature you're looking for hasn't already been suggested, you can submit it and other Buildium users can add their vote to it. In the meantime, stay tuned as updates to these services and more are launched! - Charlie W

Anna

Professional and Polished

Commentaires : When we were choosing which software to partner with, Buildium quickly rose to the top. Today, four years into business, I don't know what we'd do without it. From an accounting perspective, my accounting team has been pleased with the company reporting capabilities. From a management perspective, it allows our smaller firm to look as polished and professional - if not more so - than our larger competitors. It all comes down to how well users work the system. We feel we've gotten into our groove when it comes to onboarding, marketing, maintenance and more. The only thing I wish Buildium would consider is greater training options for those new to the software. That said, I managed to get us started (initially) and train the other users. And whenever we have a question, the support team is always a close phone call away. I would absolutely recommend the software to anyone as the best for ease of use, accounting capabilities and managed growth of the business.

Ease of use. Tech support available by phone.

User training options at the start of use. Perhaps online classes could be considered?

Aleta
Regional Property Manager (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 51–200 employés

Buildium is the Best

5,0 l’année dernière

The system is very user friendly, the partner integrations add value that wasn't there before, reports are easy to read, and the Resident Center is a great way to communicate with the tenants.

I would like to be able to transfer tenants within the community, or to sister properties, without moving out and moving back in and I'd also like the record deposit screen to have a filter function (by property, by unit number, and by amount). A move-out/move-in report would be nice too, and the ability to run the Vacancy report within a specific time frame.

l’année dernière

Thanks for your review, Aleta! Glad to see that the Marketplace is bringing you some value. Sounds like you've got some good suggestions. Have you tried submitting them to our developers through the "Suggest a feature" option in your Help & Support menu? - Charlie

Patricia Lynn
Property manager (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 2–10 employés

Buildium makes my work life easier

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : The overall experience has been very easy because we had so much customer service assistance. The switch has been a lot easier than we thought. We’re going on a year now and we couldn’t be happier. This is our first tax accounting season using the Buildium program from what I heard it’s been very easy to do

I work with maintenance daily and I love how easy it is for me to use for all aspects of maintenance from work orders to vendor payments. I love being able to track tenants payments in real time and explain to them if and Why something is the way it is without having to pull out files and do a lot of intense research because it’s all right in front of you. I like being able to look up vendors payments, and total cost of repairs for certain jobs. I also like the ease of billing tenants for their repairs and adding to the lease ledger. I enjoy our office staff can all see what’s going on with the repair over the tenant with ease.

I don’t know that much about the accounting aspect, which I blame myself for. I need to take some buildium academy accounting classes as I really don’t work that much on that end of the business.

l’année dernière

Hi Patricia Lynn, Thank you so much for your review. Seeing that Buildium is helping you so much is super-satisfying. Definitely check out Buildium Academy when you've got the time, because it's got some thorough accounting lessons. I hope Buildium is helping make your first tax season with us quick and easy. Cheers, Charlie

Monique
Community Association Manager (É.-U.)

The Cadillac of HOA/Condo/Property Management

Commentaires : I have searched far and wide and Buildium is the best available for HOA/property management. I use it for all my monthly paying accounts, and find that the professional statements which are easily generated make managing the finances uncomplicated. Overall, Buildium is super customer friendly and has always met my expectations in the five years that I have been with them.

This software is mandatory if you have monthly payments for properties. It accepts EFT/Debit/Credit Cards and has a very user friendly approach to keeping financial records on individual homeowners in perfect shape. They also allow easy access for homeowners to both their own account and payments, and to governing documents, minutes, etc at any time. Imputing the payments and checks etc is easy and personalizing the accounting categories to fit your business is a snap. It pulls up a roster of homeowners and when someone moves out, changing out the account name takes seconds instead of laborious work in other spreadsheets etc. The to-do tasks list is very helpful for sharing among a busy office. In a Buildium vs spreadsheet choice, I would pick Buildium every time for accuracy, professionalism and most importantly ease of use. I pull down a list and print up invoices from many time periods, and to email the late invoices, is simply a matter of 2 seconds to pull up the right file and hit the correct button.

The non-bending method of making payments - where they require the vendor to log in and invoice directly vs just allowing me to make quick payments to say the lawn guy or other vendors who wouldn't know a computer if it smacked them in the face. I do not use this portion of the software. I have also asked them repeatedly to sell a 'lite' version of the subscription. One where they charge less for seasonal payments. I have several HOAs that only pay once a year, and can't use Buildium because it is cost prohibitive to have an account open for 12 months that only has one payment per year. They need to have a Florida/AZ/Seasonal version at a lower rate that has limited payments.

il y a 6 ans

Hi Monique, Thank you so much for your review! We're so thrilled we've been able to help meet a lot of your management needs over the past 5 years. We've made a note of your feedback regarding vendor payments and Buildium "Lite", and will pass it along to our product team! Best, The Buildium Team

Paul
Property manager (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 11–50 employés

Buildium features review

Commentaires : Buildium allows our rental department to stay organized and provides easy and efficient access to data information. I could not imagine doing my daily tasks without Buildium.

The general format of the total program is good and maybe better than other programs used in the past. I really like the latest update of the status button for work orders

I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a feature where multiple windows with in Buildium can be open at the same time. (if it exists, forgive me for not knowing how to use it) I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a back button feature, especially in the tasks and work order screens. I do not like that Buildium will allow a partial online payment to be received. It should not receive a tenant online payment unless the full balance is being paid. This is a problem when tenants owe for late fees or maybe a repair expense. I would like to have the auto email option to send a work order to a owner even if the vendor has no email. It only gives that choice if the vendor has an email set up in the system. Some of our vendors receive work orders by phone or text or in person but the owner still needs to know what work is being done. It might be a nice feature for Buildium to store invoices in the system once a work order is completed. Not just the picture attachment spot within tasks and work orders. it it were a data base maybe or at least folders to store scanned copies. The work orders feature to add in the vendor parts and labors costs and description still seems cumbersome especially when dollar amounts are entered and then the book keep tries to pay bills. It may be we need Builduim training in this area. it should be a really useful feature. Sometimes Buildium seems to add double charges under tenants ledger info. Every now and then a random double charge pops up.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Paul, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We've passed your feedback on directly to our product team. We are currently working on updates to maintenance and work orders, stay tuned! Best, The Buildium Team

Kayvon
owner (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 11–50 employés

Read this before making the mistake we did !

Commentaires : This is the 2nd review we have posted on lack of customer services and the unwillingness of this company to assist their clients. Instead of writing a descriptive review we have decided that we will just copy and past section from the last email communication with the companies supposed "Stevie Award Winning" Customer "dis-service rep" Jeana Pndelli. You as the consumer should decide if you would want to be treats as "low priority" based on the below email.
Client: 9/27
"Hi Jeana,
I have brought this issue up with everyone from call in support up to you now. When you go into reports to search for a budget the drop down menu does not let you narrow down by typing in a letter. Therefore, we have to go through the entire list of all the properties to find the budget we need. Most all other drop downs in Buildium let you narrow down. Why not this one? "
Buildium Response: 9/27
"The "budget vs actuals" report still has legacy coding on the back-end which does not allow you to search within the property field. It has been a while since we updated this feature/report which is why the older coding still exists. I can bring this to our level two support team's attention as I agree each report parameters page should be consistent."
Client: 9/27
"Thanks but just so you know this was already sent to your level two about a year ago when I brought it up. Not sure why it takes so long to fix issues. "
Client: 10/11
What the status on fixing this issue. Last you said you sent it to level two. When will it be fixed? This is an extremely time wasting glitch to have during budget season!
Buildium Response: 10/11
I just checked on the status of this with our level two team. They let me know it was sent up to our engineers and developers.
We don't currently have an estimated time frame for when this change will be made
Client: 10/11
So we don't know if it will be a few weeks or a few years?
Buildium: 10/12
I can't give a time frame for when this will be changed since it's been sent up as a lower priority item. I'll send you an update by 10/28
Client: 10/31
10/28 has passed.
Buildium: 11/1
I spoke with the product manager in charge of this feature last week and he let me know it's still in low priority status but he hopes to have the redesign done as soon as possible some time this year. However, we can't give a definitive time frame just yet since lower priority items often get bumped lower for higher priority bugs.

Nothing really.

Lack of customer service. Armature accounting and reports. Unwillingness to listen to their clients. Horrendous file management system. Not for HOA management .

Darren

Pro's and Con's 22 month customer

Commentaires : It is not a five star product because of the support they "don't give. The support staff are educators not problem solvers. The software is cheaper than the competitors and it works well. I would buy it again, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fix the problems.

When you call support you do not have to wait on hold, they will call you back. Reporting is very nice. The system actually works. Price is fair.

Release communication: When the release breaks something and the accounts get messed up (like they did a upgrade for lease renewals that had a bug where the leases did not renew with the correct rent amount), the communication is horrible and they fix the problem going forward but not the messed up accounts. Phone support is lacking. When the error cannot be resolved immediately (by telling me what i did wrong), they rarely if ever follow up on the ticket. I don't know how they monitor their open tickets. One fellow did not even create a ticket, so after 1 week of waiting I called back to find out I had to start over. Then I waited another week and called back for a status, and there was no status -- still waiting 2 weeks in. When they have a problem to investigate, they do very poorly. Lastly, if you accept ACH or credit/ debit card payments and any item is disputed. the only way to communicate with them is via email. They will not verbally tell you anything. You initially get 7 days to provide evidence of a valid charge. After that the dispute remains on your account until it is re-credited to you account or nothing happens, and I mean nothing. In this case your evidence doesnt matter the charge back stands, Buildium doesn't notify you at all. They tell you it can take 4 months for a response and during that time the only way you know if it is settled is to EMAIL them.

il y a 4 ans

Hi Darren, Thanks for your honest feedback about release communication. Our team is working hard to improve on communication for all our releases, including monthly product emails and in-app messaging. I've passed your feedback on support follow-up to the manager of that team. This is not the experience we want our customers to have, and we thank you for letting us know about what you've encountered. Best, The Buildium Team

Marianne
Facility Manager (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

Mostly Happy with Our Choice to use Buildium

Commentaires : It has been a good change for our business from where we were a year ago -- still tracking rental information in excel spreadsheets. I am the one who uses it daily, but the others in the business that need to pull information from time to time find it easy to use and that it has the reports they are looking to find. It definitely has helped us save time on some things. However, some of the shortcomings described in my explanation of things least liked add back time. I'm hoping in participating in this and voicing my feedback to the reps that I'll see my suggestions used to improve things in the future.

I had used the software at another company and thought it would work well at my current job. I really appreciated the customer service from my past experience. I have had only one less than favorable experience with the customer service received in my years of using Buildium. I like how easy it is for our tenants to use and navigate. It has encouraged most of them to pay online which is a huge time saver for me.

Since we do commercial leasing and not residential, there are some misses in my opinion. I'd say my biggest frustration with the software is the eleasing formatting. If you have a document with tagged information boxes, if you enter in one wrong piece of information instead of being able to edit just that one box, you have to cancel the whole document and start over. That's rather a pain. So I've been uploading forms more instead of using the saved elease documents for this reason. Also, I wish there was a way to tailor the communications better. My tenants want to receive monthly rent invoice yet your system only generates monthly statements. So I have to manually make these monthly, which is time consuming. It would be nice if I could create something like this. I worked with several customer service reps on this tasks and it was decided that what I want done is not possible at this time.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Marianne, Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our Product team. Best, Liz Gill Customer Marketing

Weston

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Buildium is Awesome.... The mobile app is TRASH!!

Commentaires : My overall experience with Buildium has been great. Great features, and makes my life way easier. If they mobile app gets a major update I will love it even more.

I love many features about this program. I am an owner/operator of my properties, so I do not manage other units just my own. I love that I can collect money online and no longer have to go door to door to collect. I love that people can pay advance rent when they want and Buildium will track it for me. I love the mass amount of reports that I can run and look at. I love the accounting and Banking. It's very nice to keep track of all the incoming and out going money and make it match 100% to my bank account. It's also extremely nice to pay some of my vendors through ACH straight from Buildium. I also love the eSign for a lease. I love the paperless.

The worst part of Buildium is the mobile app. It's complete trash. The world is very fast paced and everything can be done on a smart phone. I'm also tired of being told that I can open Safari on my iPhone and do the same thing. Well F that. I want to use an app that is formatted correctly so I don't have to zoom in and out to click stuff. I would love to be able to scan an Invoice/receipt of a bill and add it as a document from my iPhone. I want to be able to view a full rental application from my phone. I want to be able to do everything on the mobile app as I can on the desktop. I also want to be able to send multiple eSign documents and not just one per unit.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Weston, Thanks for your honest review. I'm glad you're loving the ePay functionality. I'm sorry that the mobile app isn't quite what you're looking for. I recommend submitting your feedback through UserVoice, which you can access by selecting "Suggest a feature" in your Help & Support menu. - Charlie W