Avis clients sur Windward System Five

En savoir plus sur Windward System Five

Windward System5 dans le cloud est un système de gestion d'entreprise complet pour les entreprises qui vendent, entretiennent ou louent des stocks.

En savoir plus sur Windward System Five

The cloud-based system is easy to access and use on a daily basis.

Some of the reporting features make getting an accurate snapshot of what is occurring in the company a little difficult.

Windward System Five - Notes

3,7
3,8
3,8
3,6

Windward System Five a reçu une note globale de 3,8 étoiles sur 5 d'après 187 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Windward System Five ?

Scott
Scott
Director of Operations (É.-U.)

A powerful POS with unlimited flexibility, reliable stability, and great support staff.

Commentaires : Saved our company time and money in the ling run. Being able to customize the look, feel, and functions of the application let us implement EXACTLY what our company needed. We evaluated MANY other products before choosing Windward, and nothing comes close. It was one of the better decisions made in our organization, and is a big personal red-feather in my hat.

- Extremely customizable. Allows you to customize anything from report, to custom price-labels, to customized POS screen (even changing the size/color/look of virtually every button). If you are a little more adventurous, you can even write code that allows you make your own functions. - Easy to learn. For as advanced as this is, most people can pick up on the majority what thy need in a day. For those who want to do more, their is a complete 'Windward Academy' that you can watch videos and read comprehensive guides. - LOTS of support. If I ever have a question, there are about ten people I can call. Of-course, they have 24/7 technical support, but virtually anyone in the company is eager and willing to help. I can call my account manager, or any number of others I have talked to throughout the installation process. Even the lovely receptionist is awesome has walked me through issues on more than one occasion. - Philippines support. You might think this would be under the "Cons" section; but it isn't. The Philippines support is not outsourced like other companies, but they are actual employees working in a Windward office in Cebu. They all speak great English, are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about the product, and aim to please. No matter how frantic I am when I call, they never get upset and are always positive. And they are not going to give up until it's fixed. - You typically don't find this level of customer service in Western support groups.

- Price tag will be your biggest hurdle. And some features will cost you extra. Having to pay extra to have the software integrate with our merchant account is probably the biggest complaint I have with the company. But even this is vastly outweighed by the Pros. If you want the best, it probably isn't going to be the cheapest. - There are occasional errors that pop up and random issues. But 90% of these are self-resolving (very intuitive software). For the other 10%, support is right there to remote in and stay with you until it's resolve.

Nava
Owner (É.-U.)
Matériaux de construction, 2-10 employés

Great system management

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : When we first took over this long-time local business, previous owners did most reports or tracking by hand (ie hand-written invoices entered into QB and hand-written price books) WWS5 helps us keep track of items in inventory, current prices and mark-ups for inventory, general price increases from vendors, EOD reports and sales, and AR accounts much more easily. We do not currently use the accounting portion, but hope to move over to the accounting option with the new data set.

We currently use Windward for our POS and AR needs. This helps keep us on track for monthly billing to AR clients and keeps up with the daily till. We do very much like the additional features such as inventory management, price checks/updates, but have trouble at time keeping it current due to staffing issues. With more staff, this system would be absolutely amazing.

When we first installed Windward, there were issues with understanding the larger picture during set-up. Understanding more about the system prior to set up would have helped. We are currently setting up a new database now that we understand more about the full operation of WWS5.

Michelle
Office Manager (Australie)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Would like to set up the system again knowing so much more now than was first told.

Windward is easy to navigate and manipulate. Inventory items are easy to add and change. Like the way the payroll system integrates with Windward so no need to journal . Love the support I have received when requiring assistance from the team in the Philippines . They are prompt in getting back to you and try to assist at all times.

When trying to customise the system to suit our requirements alot of manual hours are required to change simple things like updating prices and modifications. When we needed to collect information from the system we required a special programme be written to fulfil government requirements. This additional reporting is cumbersome to produce. There is also alot of double entry when making a payment and then having to do a journal entry to reflect the same. A journal entry should be automatic. Would like the ability to make ledger numbers inactive Although we have a very confusing payroll and tax system, we experienced many issues with setting up the payroll system with this year being the first year we have successfully produced a payroll summary. Even then it required alot of double/triple checking to ensure the information was correct. Adding a new employee is once again difficult and time consuming. It would be great to be able to copy an existing one.

il y a 5 ans

Thank you, Michelle, for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with Windward System Five. It's nice to hear that you are pleased with the support you have received from our Client Services team. In terms of your concerns, we're confident that there are means to make some of the processes you mention more efficient. At your convenience, please contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750 and ask to be registered for The Windward Learning Academy. This is a user-friendly yet comprehensive online source of System Five tutorials, which provide step-by-step solutions for all product features and nearly all possible scenarios. Windward Software is continuously evolving and enhancing Windward System Five, and, in developing each product release, we examine client feedback to ensure that we are delivering a solution that meets and exceeds needed functionality.

Derek
Manager (Canada)

Windward Review

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Mostly positive when it comes to day to day interaction. Any negatives are more nit-picking issues.

Required Orders system and ability to interact with the invoice easily throughout.

Lack of multiple kits. Purchase orders with SO items become buggy with large quantities. If a user moves too quickly in the system, it can break.

Tami
Systems Support (É.-U.)
Services et installations de loisirs, 11-50 employés

Tami McQuown

4,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : Its been a great experience!

Ease of use, technical support answers all questions

Credit card transactions did not go well at first

Bob
Co-Owner (É.-U.)
Meubles, 2-10 employés

continuing forward

2,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : We are continuing to use System Five as migration is a challenge for a small business like ours. The support crew at Windward work well to address issues; however, our account manager failed to address items that were still in process just prior to go live. Those items remain outstanding as support is unable to address them.

Immediate processing of credit card transactions. The fact that System 5 is in the cloud is one of the primary reasons we purchased the product.

Not enough explanation of defaults in System 5 caused redundancy in our chart of accounts. The monthly reconciliation requires that several routines be performed before you can have a reliable balance report of income/expense reports. Modifiers were disappointing as we learned that they must be setup on an item-by-item basis, rather than a category or brand basis. Custom reporting is extremely lacking and doesn't allow for us to produce the reports we need.

Edith
Owner/operator (Canada)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Yes you can enter the computer age!

4,0 il y a 7 mois

My existing business had an old time cash register when I purchased it. At the beginning 12+ years ago it worked ok for me. But over the years as prices rose. I had no way of knowing at a glance what I paid for an item and what I should be selling it for. I was losing money! I was familiar with another accounting system but it required extensive time at home each night entering hand written A/R bills and daily till totals into its system so I could bill customers. I had heard of Windward several years prior but just didn't think I could afford it. A new employee who had experience with other systems encouraged me to purchase. Implementation was so much work because I didn't have any inventory computerized. No lists and I jumped in in the middle of a month and a fiscal year. I was going to finance the purchase over 2 years but decided to put it on my line of credit. I paid it and my new equipment off in 6 months! I have now used the software for 7 years and am very happy with it. It has saved me about $2000.00/year in accountant fees. Love the fact that all monthly Provincial and Federal sales tax reports are easily paid. It has an employee section with payroll etc. So easy to upload inventory that is new from an excel spreadsheet.

Inventory from multiple suppliers with barcodes have to be entered in as coming from one main supplier with all other suppliers entered in as alternates. The barcode can't have any supplier attached to it or my computer makes a loud beep. I purchase by item # not by barcodes. I wish the system would let you enter item #'s from each supplier with the corresponding barcode even if it is also the same barcode for another supplier. I am not always aware that the product coming from one supplier is already in my system under a different supplier.

il y a 6 mois

Thanks Edith, We're glad that you've gotten so much value out of the software! You might benefit from a Business Efficiency Check-In since you've been with us so long. It is a paid service where we review how you're using the software and if there's anything that's changed since you started. Well worth it, especially if we find a few more things that could save you time and money. Talk to your account manager to get started. Thanks again!

Derek
V.P. (Canada)

System Five

3,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Service and online capability was not good. While we paid for 24/7 service, we had to setup tickets and would get a call back within 24hrs.

The built in reports allowed for easily customizing reports. With their "lookup words" it was easy to tag, customers, products and vendors to particular categories for additional reporting

The online capability. There was no good capability for online. Sales would take a long time to integrate back into the software and there was no direct connection between Windward S5 to the online platform such as WooCommerce. Which meant an additional cost for another API connection. Windward API was very limited to what info could be pushed and pulled from the website.

il y a 6 mois

Hi Derek, Thanks for the feedback. In recent months we've launched the new WebSell integration and have enhanced our WooCommerce connector in an effort to get more of our customers online. This no longer relies on an API. Please reach out to your Account Manager to explore options.

Madison
PURCHASER (É.-U.)

Honest Thoughts

3,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : This system is chalk full of great concepts but it always falls short of our needs. The band-aids given for our issues are never a resolution, just a temporary fix and often more work. System Five does work, it crashes every few months but overall we can continue with business. We will continue with System Five.

There are many features that could be incredibly useful. The reports have vast options which we utilize often.

It seems every update an equal amount fixed gets broken. We always seem to be chasing down issues and fixing bugs. There is not one week we do not have issues in our system, user or system error. Every feature seems to tap out in functionality. They all have an amazing idea, but when we try to use them there is always a reason it does not work for our system or with our data.

il y a 6 mois

Thanks for the fair feedback Madison, We're working on some new automated testing that will reduce the number of defects going forward. We'd be happy to review some new reporting options that might be helpful. Please reach out to your Account Manager if you'd like to set that up.

Lauren
Office Manager (É.-U.)

Windward Software exceeds our expectations

5,0 il y a 2 mois

I love that it is typically smooth and easy to use.

I wish it integrated better with our ecommerce but I know that is coming!

il y a 2 mois

Thanks Lauren! This will certainly be helpful to those looking at Windward System Five to help them run their business.

Colin
Inside Sales and Marketing (Canada)
Automobile, 2-10 employés

I depend on Windward every day for my role in sales and marketing. I couldn't do my job without it!

Commentaires : It's integral to my role in the company. In fact everyone in our company uses Windward on a daily basis. We use it in every aspect of our product based business from order processing, to sales, management, warranty, accounting and inventory management.

I like the ability to generate custom sales reports so I can see who my top dealer accounts are, and which accounts I need to incentivize. I need to quickly check stock of products in all four of our warehouse locations, and when a product is out of stock, I need to be able to quickly see what's been ordered and when we are expecting it to arrive at our warehouses. In a "just in time delivery" business world like ours, giving customers an accurate ETA can mean the difference between closing the sale and not closing it. As a sales manager, I like to look at what the top selling products are by customer and by regions. I like to review our sales trends month by month and year by year, and see where we need to improve. I also need to see the full financial picture of sales, cost of goods sold and company expenses, to make sure we continue to run a streamlined operation and remain competitive in a constantly changing marketplace. Windward's reporting features are excellent in this regard. Windward is an extremely powerful and feature packed program. It does everything we need to run our business, from accounting to sales; order processing to invoicing; warranty claims and product returns; and generating reports that all levels of management can use to efficiently run their department, or the whole company. In summary, Windward is an extremely comprehensive program that is well suited to our product-based business.

Like any feature packed program, intuitive menus are critical to accessing all the nuances of the software. Most of power software programs leave something to be desired in the area of intuitive interfaces. Windward is no exception to this. Thus, task specific training modules and quick customer support is of utmost importance to users being able to shorten the learning curve when expanding their knowledge of Windward.

Ed
Partner (É.-U.)

Using Windward in a Small Shop

Windward offers a comprehensive set of features, more than we will ever use. What drove us to purchase Windward is that its POS features are fully and seamlessly integrated into its accounting software. That means that both our POS and accounting data is up to date and current at all times. No integration with other software is required. Windward does it all. Another thing I like about Windward is the quality of Windward's support. Windward not only sets the system up for you and makes sure that all you point of sale devices work (barcode scanners, printers, etc), but if you are a cloud customer or have a maintenance contract, Windward will also remote in to your machines and fix any issues you may have. In addition, they have an on-line learning academy with training videos, documents, etc. that help you continue to learn the functionality of the system. They also offer live sessions on specific issues like maintaining inventory, year-end procedures, etc. We needed a lot of hand holding when we first started--I had no previous experience with POS software--and Windward successfully guided even a slow learner like me!

Windward is continually upgrading its software to provide additional functionality or to streamline its processes. We recently moved to the cloud version of Windward, and that has reduced some administrative overhead for us--no need for backups, no need to install updates, and greater data security. So overall, it's a plus. But there is one feature I miss in the cloud version. When our software was installed on site, we were able to print barcode labels directly from Windward to our barcode printer, a Zebra ZT510. That feature no longer works for us in the cloud, and I'm told that the reason why is that the cloud version of Windward does not currently support our particular printer. I'm still looking for a better answer from Windward. But what that loss of functionality means for me is that I must now create a separate barcode database in Excel, link that database to Zebra's barcode software, and print my barcode labels through it. So you should pay close attention to the particular peripheral hardware that Windward supports.

Kelly
Advertising Manager (Canada)
Meubles

We've been with Windward since 1994, recent years Windward has really stepped up to the plate !!

Commentaires : One of the most recent benefits is the available training in many different areas of the Windward software program. This is an incredible asset to streamlining and improving day to day business practices for us. When we find out things the program can do for us that for years has just been sitting there not being used, we're like a kid in a candy shop....Excited...Wow!!

Over the years there have been many areas of the program that we never took advantage of. One of the greatest things is with all the recent available training on and off line it has allowed us to find these nuggets that have helped us tremendously to make processes within our business so much easier. This had to be one of the best implementations that Windward has made, keep the training coming!!

The one thing we dislike about the program are updates. We get very nervous! A few years ago we did an update and it totally messed up the whole program. We had to work offline (paper work) for more than 3 weeks, which was a nightmare after the fact. Though Windward programmers worked for over 6 months to find a fix, they never ever did. So here 5 or 6 years later our Point of Sales Transaction Report figures are still unusable. We recently updated Pervasive and were told it should really speed up the program. Unfortunately it didn't, actually saw absolutely no difference even though it had been several years since we'd done an update, so are looking at other areas now.

Dwayne
President (Canada)
Événementiel, 11-50 employés

Software is still limited on the rental side.

Commentaires : We started with this software, it is still fairly limited on the rental side but it is costly to change.

Easy to use for the basic functions of our business such as reserving, renting and returning product. Integrated POS.

Limited as far as scheduling for logistical planning, very basic and a lot of potential for mistakes, too manual in some respects. Rental reports need to be simplified the variety of reports needs to be expanded. Generally there needs to be more reports that are specific to the rental side designed by Windward that help to identify business opportunities as well as areas the business could improve in.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Dwayne, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. In terms of your experience with the System Five Rentals Module, may we please suggest speaking to your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750 to become registered for The Windward Learning Academy. This comprehensive online resource will provide you with user-friendly tutorials to craft advanced reports as well as to gain access to more detailed Rentals functionality. In addition, please stay tuned for Windward Intelligence, an upcoming System Five enhancement that provides integration with Microsoft Power BI, which will enable our users to run custom reports.

Patti
AP/AR Rep (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

It was difficult to learn as I came into this system with no business background.

Customer service was excellent, the people at the help desk were patient, kind and skilled in training me on the system and in accounting. It is excellent for tracking inventory, clients and suppliers. The reports are helpful, too.

Creating forms is difficult as well as some of the terminology. I have difficulty using the help menu because what I look up what I think something is called.

il y a 5 ans

HI Patti, Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review of Windward System Five. We're happy to hear that you are pleased with our Customer Service and product functionality. If you have any questions about any type of product functionality and/or need to acquire additional training, please contact your Account Manager and ask them about gaining access to The Windward Learning Academy, our online source of product tutorials, which is free for customers. In addition, we offer complimentary weekly live webinars on a variety of product features; please also ask your Account Manager for more information: +1 (800) 663-5750. All of us at Windward Software look forward to continuing to serve you for many years to come!

Jason
Owner, Director of Operations (É.-U.)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

An Amazing Experience with Windward System Five

Commentaires : Since we have moved onto Windward System Five the improvement to our business have been and still remain extraordinary. System Five has given me the ability to work in an environment with real time information. With complete integration my business can process sales, my office team can work on accounting and financial transactions, inventory can be taken, purchase orders can be processed and more, all while maintaining flawless real-time information so that I can make decisions for my business quickly. In addition, we are able to process sales faster with integrated credit card processing, give a more profession look to our business with custom made integrated gift cards, we can print clean shelf labels right from the inventory record giving a profession look and assuring accurate pricing, barcode inventory items that do not have them, add multiple barcodes to items and a whole lot more.Support for this product is nothing short of impeccable! Windward offers 24/7 technical support from friendly, well trained technicians that work endlessly to keep your company up and running smoothly. The overall performance of this product in astonishing. It truly has the ability to accommodate anything I want to do to operation my business more efficiently. System Five is a very user friendly product that is easy to learn and understand. The customer service and support are friendly, understanding, concerned about your business needs and willing to do whatever it takes to help you run your company and accommodate your business needs. Speaking from one entrepreneur to you others out there, this is a product made for us! It is a fast, efficient, well build program that gives us the ability to run our businesses the way we want, collect information quickly with its wide array of reporting options so we can make better decisions, and free up our valuable time so we can get out there and do what we do best ' run our businesses! For those out there who would give this product anything less than a perfect review, I would like to challenge your business and management skill as the software is not the problem. This product gets five stars from me on all fronts! It's truly the integrity of my business and I could not imaging running my company without Windward System Five. For those of you considering I say go for it, it's the best investment you can make.

Greg
Owner (Canada)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Good for the price. We've been a user since the DOS days.

Commentaires : Far cheaper than our old system. Also much better feature set.

Many features - most of them even work. Price is pretty good compared to most solutions. It generally works and if you don't do any updates you get used to the bugs and how to work around them.

Bugs. Every update fixes some bugs and introduces some new ones. I don't bother with updates anymore, just too many headaches. Slightly archaic - you can feel that it is not a fully modern product. Years (decades) of upgrades and patches have made it feel like no one person can manage the whole project anymore. Fixes in one area screws things up in another. Service is spotty. Pervasive SQL is utter garbage and you don't have a choice to run another SQL server. Pervasive is easily the worst part of this whole system. We've added ecommerce to our business but haven't integrated System 5 - the cost is eye-watering. Maybe if the cost comes down at some point.

Joan
Vice President (Canada)

SOFTWARD THAT DOES IT ALL

Commentaires : It took a little time to learn the features but we have been very pleased with how this software works for us in our retail Hobby Shop. We have a huge inventory which is constantly changing - no problem for Windward. Windward handles our point of sale including receivables. Tracks our purchases and payables and allows us to create reports and bar codes and so much more. I can't imagine a type of business that could not function with this very extensive software at a reasonable price. Lots of good updates and fast help available when you need it.

Ability to design inventory reports that provide us detail on what has been sold in a date range and allows us to purchase wisely.

Only one thing I would like to see added: A report to show income and expense in a spreadsheet by month.

Norman
Owner (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

This software is a good POS system for garden centers and an adequate accounting system.

Commentaires : Inventory Control

Very fast at the registers - was also fast for cards until recent changes Easy to drill down pretty well throughout the system Good stock control system Easy to export items to Excel

Often reports don't align ie it produces different numbers depending upon the report you make - it's all fairly mysterious but it's something to do with the integration of the accounting system. Way too many available reports with confusing names, but obvious reports such as what our sales were today / yesterday / last week etc. are either hidden or need a workaround to access. Accounting system seems adequate to me but is hated by my bookkeeper. It was great 7 years ago when we installed it but it hasn't changed much since and I suspect that there are more intuitive systems out there today.

Kezia
Sales/Reception (Canada)
Vente au détail, 11-50 employés

Updated: By Far The Worst POS I've Ever Used (Support Included)

Commentaires : I have been disappointed, and remain disappointed. I left a similar review a few months ago, and I was contacted by Windward in an effort to improve matters - which I do appreciate - but, unfortunately, that has not been enough to change my perspective on Windward. For myself, the general ease of use does not make up for the incredible amount of problems this software has. I have been working with various POS systems for over 10 years now, and this is the only one that ever inspired me to go out of my way and leave a review, because it's just so consistently problematic. I have been asked directly by the staff at Windward to update my review, and I do wish it had improved in any way, but I am more convinced than ever that there are much better choices out there.

In comparison to previous software used, the finalization of the inventory process within Windward is rather straight-forward. The ability to print count sheets with only product in stock - no part numbers with a "zero" quantity, is great and saves paper. However, products often randomly shift into categories like 'financial' which causes the item to remain on the inventory count. I have had to request help from support on this multiple times.

I have used Windward software all day, every week day, for two years now and I consistently encounter issues in day to day operations. I have had problems with the cash out feature not allowing me to finalize the file and close the day; I am constantly getting error messages, or "unplanned shutdown" messages when an unplanned shutdown has not occurred; there are processing issues with rental invoices that cause the invoice totals to change, after the invoice has been finalized and submitted. This specifically has created MAJOR discrepancies on our invoices that has resulted in us to losing money, and having to issue apologies to many of our major accounts. One of these incidents has caused irreparable harm to our business relationship with our (previously) largest customer.

Judy
Accounts Payable (Canada)
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés

The system is fairly easy to learn and I have been trained on multiple sections of the software.

Commentaires : Sales reports and so on give a great view on how your business is growing

Many reports are available depending on what you want to keep track. It covers everything from your daily needs to monthly to yearly.

When updates are done some of the items we have used disappear or are not available with update. Have found some reports aren't accurate.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Judy -- thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're happy to hear that you found System Five relatively easy to learn and are pleased with reporting functionality. In terms of updates: if you experience any issues at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support line at +1 (800) 663-5750 and a representative will be present to walk you through any issues you are experiencing.

Trish
Administrator (Canada)
Services aux consommateurs, 11-50 employés

Windward Review by Trish

Commentaires : We have had Windward in place for over 20 years and have always enjoyed exceptional service with a quality product. The program has been continually adaptable to our changing business systems and easily keeps up to date with payment processing regulations. The customer service and technical support are extremely prompt and never fail to provide us with a resolution to any problems we have had.

It encompasses all aspects of a sales & service business including back end accounting

Some features are too in depth to use for the front counter staff to use when retailing at a high volume and under pressure

Frank
President (Canada)

Great Workhorse

Commentaires : Overall, this has been a great money saving tool. But the shortcomings in the software probably has more to do with my understanding and use of the various pieces. I need more education on this software.

I like the reporting ability and the integration across all departments, jobs and overall robust accounting ability

STA and Spiff functions dont really work well

Gord
Owner (Canada)

Using Windward software for our small business has saved hours of time

Commentaires : Improved inventory management and tracking of customer service orders

We like the way we can track service and parts for our customers and how the point of sale system tracks our inventory

The payroll module isn't as easy to use as the point of sale module and fine tuning forms can be very confusing

il y a 5 ans

Hi Gord -- Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate it. We're happy to hear that you are pleased with Windward System Five! In terms of operating the Payroll Module more efficiently, please contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750 to register for The Windward Learning Academy. This online training resource will show you all the tips and tricks to operate Payroll more efficiently.

Purchasing Manager (É.-U.)

Overall this software has a lot of capabilities that integrate easily into our company.

Commentaires : It saves me time. We used to run and inventory program, a bookkeeping program and an ecommerce program. It combined these 3 programs into one.

That it is easy to train our employees on. Great help videos! I really like their integrated ecommerce. It is nice to update one price in our system and to have that price automatically updated on our website.

Not so great for my outside sales staff. We run their WEAR program for our outside staff. It tends to have errors as it is similar to running just a backup version. I also wish that their ecommerce did not run in HTML only