Learn It and Use It

Garrett E.
CIO
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I can not state more clearly that Mindbody is the leader in what they do. They have their faults because of the way it was designed originally but they are working on those every day but no system on the market is better. I have a feeling that a couple years from now, they be much larger than what they even are now.

Inconvénients: the old design structure of the base platform could use some updates, which they are aware of

Great online platform for health and fitness events near you!!

Publié le 16/11/2019
Dilraj S.
Sr. Software Developer
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall MINDBODY is doing a great job in the area of health and fitness and helping people look for the different events happening near them in this domain. If anybody wants to integrate with MINDBODY then APIs are available for the same for developers and once configured, its really beneficial for local aggregators in this domain.

Avantages: MINDBODY allows the users and the providers to create an account and then users can look through different classes or events in the area of health and fitness offered by these registered providers. The schedule can be tracked online along with the registering for the available events. The users can then track the status of these classes for any last minute changes happening in the schedule. One thing which stands out for MINDBODY is the list of APIs which they have provided for these events. The local aggregators can fetch these events from MINDBODY and show them on their online platforms or they can register their own events and schedules by using these APIs.

Inconvénients: UI for the online platform of the MINDBODY is not that intuitive and some of the features are not understood easily by the users. Plus the APIs are not that intuitive and documented properly and sometimes are not sending data in the optimized way as per the industry standards set these days for these kind of APIs. Other than that, customer support is always there to help u with your MINDBODY API integrations for configuring it properly.

Excellent Cloud-Based Salon & Spa Software

Publié le 22/01/2020
Frederick B.
Salon Owner, Barber, & Massage Therapist
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great software with an impressive array of features. Nice to look at and as a cloud software, accessible from anywhere in the world. Would definitely consider using this software again in the future.

Avantages: Comprehensive and full-featured. Very user friendly and accessible from anywhere.

Inconvénients: Would have been nice to have the option for a hard install. At the time we chose to discontinue using MINDBODY, our internet connection was unreliable and using a cloud-based software proved nearly impossible. Customer support was great but the wait was consistently very, very long.

MindBody for Small Gym

Publié le 04/12/2019
Kurt V.
Owner/Head Coach
Sports, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless!
MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Avantages: Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all.
MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory.
The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed.
The software will also take into account independent contractors.
Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Inconvénients: I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds.
It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related.
All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

MindBody Software Suite with Branded App

Publié le 27/01/2020
Jeffrey B.
Gym Owner
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the Mindbody App. This isn't good for retention. If a customer want to skate around your regular member prices, the Non-Branded App offers discounts to your already regular customer (not just new customers), creating instant revenue losses when trying to gain new customers. Customer Care/Service representatives knew less about the MindBody suite than I did since I have used the software longer than the representatives that were supposed to be assisting. The integrated software for payments which ease the use of processing and tracking is a "catch 22". If your card on file for Mindbody payments expires, which happens periodically; MindBody will just shutdown your site and you cannot operate in any capacity or function. No phone call message to let you know. If this happens, you will have an onslaught of fixes because the Mindbody system will disassociate your confirmation phone numbers with your customers and they will no longer be able to confirm appointments. You will have to manually push any missed autopays etc.

Avantages: The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Inconvénients: Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

Hard to use, but a Good customer value

Publié le 04/09/2019
Zoé F.
Recreation and Tourism Coordinator
Administration publique, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very very very difficult to use, too much features for nothing. You had to search deep into the back-end system to change a minor feature.
Customer account was hard to manage on the administrative side.
Good software for fitness centre that only have classes. Not the better software for Sports Complex and facilities rentals.

Avantages: Minbody offers a lot of features and everything is possible for the client.
Our customer could be aware of any changes in their rental or account.
Customers could have a look of our facilities schedule before calling us to rent a facility.
Customer could see Public Swim & Skate on the Mindbody Website easily.
Customer could access their account on the Mindbody App and get all the information about their course directly on the app.
Merging accounts was easy.

Inconvénients: Very difficult to use and learn. A lot of specific terms, difficult to learn for baby-boomers employees.
Rentals could not be filtered or sort other than by transaction date. So if we booked a facility 6 months in advance, and change the date 1 months prior, changes were 4 pages before the actual rental.
There was no way to bill our client monthly.
We used it for more than a year and a half and our employees was still having issues with basics and daily steps.

Not fully optimised for a European Market

Publié le 14/01/2020
Alexander G.
Owner/Head Trainer
Sports, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mindbody has been a disappointment.
One simple reason: payments are tricky. In the Netherlands, where i operate, CC is not a popular payment method. This does not stop Mindbody to market itself as best in the field, nevermind that they are unable to offer a SEPA transaction from the get-go. After some paperwork with Paysafe (their associated payment provider), I thought I had finally gained that function.
Guess again: I can take SEPA (bank transfer) payments, but the clients cannot purchase autonomously (via, say, your website). They have to give you the details and you have to do it for them. Double-handling, as such. So if you are selling memberships on a website, that website becomes less useful. As stated, clients cannot purchase with that payment method themselves. Finally, when I thought "well at least I can do quick work of it via the Mindbody app when I meet the clients in person"...well, guess again: the SEPA app option asks for routing and account number. No space to input a SWIFT or IBAN.
When I inquired to Mindbody they were swift (admittedly) in offering a workaround. Namely debiting the client the desired amount, then going home, fire up the desktop and change payment method to SEPA (and change all payment dates manually). SEAM-LESS.
110€ for a workaround is not what you want to pay. There are smarter and leaner providers out there for a fraction of the price.

Avantages: It is for the best part polished and well-thought out

Inconvénients: No direct debit option
Limited functions on the starter packet (which works to be 110€, way more than 99% of competition)
Inability for clients to carry out a sepa transaction by themselves
Some condescendence from staff member
Sales department will overpromise

MindBody - The features you want by a company you can't stand at a price you can't afford

Publié le 12/11/2019
Licensed Massage Therapist
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I wouldn't recommend this unless your feature list is so big you have no other options.

Avantages: The product has a gazillion different features and loves to expand its offering into new industries. They give you access to everything via a robust API and good reporting.

Inconvénients: The software is way too expensive.
The software is a Frankenstein in terms of design and integration.
The support is good but you shouldn't need so much support for such a little application.

Fitness studio review

Publié le 10/12/2019
Kristopher S.
Director of Operations
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall the software is robust and you never feel as if you dont have access to a piece of information you're looking for. Though when you're first learning it it can feel clunky. On a positive note any time I've had an issue their customer support line has been incredibly efficient.

Avantages: MindBody feels like choosing a PC over a mac. Which in my opinion is good. The software is incredibly robust and you have many many options for reporting at all different levels. The ability to tag clients and then pull reports on just those specific clients is a game changer.

Inconvénients: The con would be that it's more like a PC then a Mac. The software you need to really spend time and learn. Using this everyday I would say that it takes about 6 months to fully get everything feeling natural. If your role is solely backend and reporting is all you'll be doing then itll be much faster.

Wellness While Traveling

Publié le 04/12/2019
Jordan j. P.
Personal Trainer/Brand Ambassador
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 5 001-10 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I go the extra mile for clients. When they travel, I suggest relevant classes and services for them in the city they travel to. Clients are set up for success before their travel. Clients are impressed with recommendations I give them. I keep clients longer. I suggest classes/services to them based on their individual needs.

Avantages: I have clients that travel. I can find relevant fitness classes & wellness services for them. Easy to search for classes and services in specific cities. I set them up for success prior to travel.

Inconvénients: For everyday clients I see 1:1; I would like a built in daily client appointment schedule. I want one wellness app for my business. If I could schedule my client appointments here; this would make it easier.

Mindbody Online transformed my business

Publié le 03/09/2019
Sharmila Y.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Avantages: Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Inconvénients: The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

MindBody Software is Mostly Great

Publié le 12/09/2019
Stephanie A.
Massage Therapist
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

Avantages: It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

Inconvénients: I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

MINDBODY software

Publié le 31/08/2019
Lori M.
Executive Director
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I wouldn't want to change. Software changes are difficult to walk staff through. Price increases may impact that over time. Partly because it is ever evolving and slowly but surely we get functionality that we need. The software is greatly modifiable, however, we have hit quite a few roadblocks of things that we need that we just can't do because we do not have the typical boutique business model.

Avantages: Ability to interact with clients through auto-e-mails/texts.

Inconvénients: Not built specifically for fitness centers so lacks some functionality specific to a non-profit fitness center. Definitely built for a boutique studio.

It's Helpful!

Publié le 26/08/2019
Kendra G.
Front Desk
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: MB has been great within the yoga studio / fitness studio / wellness studio industry. I've been using it for years now, within different states / facilities, as well as using it myself as a client. Easy to use, but have a feeling there is so much my company is unaware of / not taking advantage of [some tools that could really benefit the company that we don't know exist]. I'm also not a fan of MB working with other companies who saw flaws in the system, and now charge extra $ to implement. Why can't MB just come up with these ideas themselves, implement within their software, charge an extra charge if you must, but keeping it all within MINDBODY [not also to FitGrid, ZipWhip, etc.]. Customer service could also use some work. Our company struggled for weeks trying to get hardware ordered. We were promised multiple efforts of help with no one actually able to assist until I finally made it to the MB BOLD conference and sought help. It took way too long for us to give your company money for an item we wanted to order to benefit our sales.

Avantages: The software is easy to use [once you practice]. It allows us to do everything we need, to an extent, with scheduling private sessions, massage, requesting appointments, as well as checking students in to classes, allowing them to purchase retail. It seems to have everything we need rolled into one package, at least for us with the Ultimate package.

Inconvénients: I think there should be more webinars on how to use the software. Yes, there are videos to watch and the certification process, but this does not allow for open dialogue, questions to be asked, etc. Webinars w/ a MB customer support team available to discuss would be ideal and allow us all to know more of what our system has available for us to use / take advantage of.

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Publié le 08/08/2019
Lauren W.
Personal Trainer
Sports, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Avantages: The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient. Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself. The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Inconvénients: The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun. The POS is a little clunky. Processing is a bit slow- this was an issue even on a new computer. At my former employer, we actually ended up buying a different POS because we were so tired of putting up with the one built I to Mindbody. We still used the Mindbody one for class and competition registrations, but everything else (open gym admissions, merchandise, snacks, and drinks) went through the other system.

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

Publié le 07/05/2019
Eric P.
co-owner
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Avantages: Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University events to learn and to be inspired. It is a comprehensive program so it can be complicated. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending how sophisticated you want to be with your company.
It is confusing to see so many complementary software programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe Mindbody keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well.
This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the clients experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create and pleasant experience for the user.

Inconvénients: I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

Publié le 05/09/2018
William G.
Digital Business Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Avantages: I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Inconvénients: What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it. Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one. What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Things are okay, but they could be better

Publié le 30/08/2018
Amanda B.
Owner, LMT
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall. Our experience is a positive one.
We certainly have our frustrations and have been met with dead ends on more than one occasion.
We have been continually researching and discussing with peers the use of other similar products to see if there would be a similar and more cost effective fit for us.

Avantages: -visually, it is simple and appealing
-The customer service team is responsive and intelligent and we appreciate the remote controlling of the screen to learn while issues are resolved
-Mostly it has accommodated the needs of our business

Inconvénients: -It is clearly most functional for a class-based business, we would love to see improvements and functionality for appointment based (one that stands out, is being able to schedule through our Google Business listing)
-The fact that you raise your rates and do not grandfather in your current subscribers to stay at the same rate is really sneaky and I do not respect that at all. Just because you add features that we did not ask for or need, does not mean that your happy clients should be forced into higher cost for services they do not want. Some customer loyalty would be nice.
-There are features that we "cannot change" at all that would make our business run more smoothly (how the check out options are arranged, the way that clients are able to book certain times using your software through our website, and using a GC to pay for a service when booking online...to name a few)
-When mind body is down, our business is DOWN, and we have seen first hand how horrible of an impact this can have for us

envoyé par MINDBODY le 31/08/2018

Hi Amanda-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our recent acquisition of Booker Software was aimed at improving the experience for appointment-based businesses like yours.

In addition, we apologize for the impact that we have on your business when our software has an event, but know that we are actively working on solutions to prevent that from happening in the future.

Amazing and dissapointing

Publié le 07/03/2018
Chelsey D.
Studio Manager/Personal Trainer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Did a great job compiling competitive software services that we need for our business.

Avantages: Very easy to use once you get set up and figure it out how to make it work for your business. Before MindBody changed their software capabilities... again... there was so much flexibility in how to use the software and it has so many very applicable functions for multiple business types. Customer service has ALWAYS been amazing and the interface is very customer friendly. It also has a great app for online booking.

Inconvénients: How much the program changes in terms of the way the interface is used; every "update" has made the system very complicated for our businesses use, and we would constantly be retraining our employees how to use get around the new changes to use the software as we originally purchased it for. As of a month ago, they just implemented a new payment tier system that has limited our previous uses and is forcing us to pay an additional (went from to get most of the functions back and a bunch we don't want or will ever use for our business. Which leads us to our final issue... MindBody is constantly upping their prices. We have been with them for 5 years (???) and every year they are charging us more. In summary, too many changes with little warning, new functions are being implied that we don't want nor will use but are expected to pay for, and capabilities we had before we are now expected to pay more for after years of access. We wished we could have stayed with them, but they seemed to have outgrown our business and overshoot our needs.

I've increased my business 20% in each of the 2 years I've been with MBO.

Publié le 10/12/2017
Terri F.
Support client

Avantages: MBO is far more than a software provider. They are my strategic business partner. They keep me current on all the technological advancements available in the market through ongoing development in the software. As well as provide the research/data analysis which helps me make sound business decisions regarding my future growth and profitability.
My favorite feature is the ease of setting up the reoccurring revenue via auto pay monthly membership contracts. The other two powerful resources I use are the automated emails, retention/re-engage email marketing, and all the reporting capabilities. The day to day use of class check-in, retail sales, client account management are all features I like.
Finally, the primary reason, and the one which has earned MBO the strategic partner status within my organization is summed up in on simple word support. Their world class team of dedicated technical support staff are available 24/7/365 to answer my questions, provide information and will take all the time necessary to help me resolve anything I need.
The support doesn't end with the technical. Through the MINDBODY University program I've learned best practices, how to use the reports to build my sales and marketing strategies and to set my business goals. The MBU video tutorial liberty provides additional information on a variety of topics right from my desktop.
MINDBODY is far more than a software provider, they are my teammates! My success is their success. Period.

Inconvénients: Like any partnership, there are always imperfections and areas of improvement. If I could wave a magic wand and all my wishes were granted, then this is what I would wish:
a more robust set of auto email options
more content for the retention and re-engage emails
more functionality related to inventory
the ability of change contract start dates after the contract has been activated
That's about it. There are other, small quirks which can be annoying at times, but then again, nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement in any relationship.

envoyé par MINDBODY le 02/08/2018

Thanks for the review, Terri! We're proud to be on your team!

Miracle Software

Publié le 14/03/2017
Molly S.
Ayurveda Practitioner, Yoga & Massage Therapist
Médecine douce, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: MindBody is the admin assistant I've always needed and could never before afford. In the first three months of using it I DOUBLED my income. My clients can schedule, cancel, reschedule, sign up for classes and pay online- that alone saves me at least two hours a day that I no longer have to be on the phone, I can be working! Or playing with my family, or a million other things rather than sitting on a phone or on email. Just the ability to take credit cards (all of them) increased my pay; there's a feature when the client pays which asks if they want to leave a tip and offers different percentages or a custom amount...and when asked if they want to leave a tip, more people do so! Seriously my average went from 65 to 90 each session. Clients can buy gift cards online and print them out immediately, that's a nice feature for those last minute gift givers, and they are again asked if they want to leave a tip... it's crazy how quickly my income skyrocketed. I'm beyond grateful. OH and the best part. MindBody's customer service. I was actually offered a lower rate with another company (we'll call them Circle so I don't offend the real company) but Circle was terrible. With Circle, I waited fifteen months to get the rate I was promised and I was constantly tossed back and forth in emails and phone calls as Circle passed blame and did nothing to help my business. So I checked out MindBody. And they walked me through the software, the setup, how to use it, they even showed me how to customize everything for my business! We're talking 45 minute phone calls with this awesome customer service associate (Rep- he's so calm and intelligent and researches every question you have) EVERY WEEK until I felt comfortable using MindBody. I was terrified after trying Circle, but MindBody gave me the software, the skills, the customization, the feedback- did I mention you can run reports at any time to figure profit and taxes and such?- and as of today I stand to TRIPLE my income this year. Thank God I didn't give up after Circle. Thank God I found MindBody. I realize I'm typing in stream-of-consciousness, I realize I'm beyond excited, but for a single mother of three running her own business who had learned to live just below the poverty level, to make such a leap in income, to have such powerful and professional software, to have the unwavering support and knowledge base of an entire team of people at MindBody- it's overwhelming. Miracle Software.

Avantages: MindBody customer support is AWESOME! It's the reason I stay with MindBody, though Square offers a lower rate to NCBTMB members such as myself- square's customer support is awful. In contrast stands Max Malle. Remember that name. Best customer service rep I've ever known. He and the others go above and beyond their jobs- you can feel their sincerity. Oh and I've doubled my income and am set to triple it this year because the software does SO MUCH WORK for me. It's my administrative assistant that I only pay $ a month for! It rocks.

Inconvénients: Hm. Well, I have yet to figure out the difference between signing someone up for a yoga class and signing them in to a yoga class, so maybe differentiating that in the program's wording would help. OH and for those of us who use our phones exclusively, not a computer, when using the software, it would be lovely if the phone programming held everything just like the computer programming does. Hmmmmm .... OH and sometimes late at night my schedule disappears completely from my phone. It shows up as blank, which is frightening, but in the morning it's back to normal. Maybe you guys are working on it then?

envoyé par MINDBODY le 03/08/2018

Thank you for your review, Molly!

Hair salon owners: This is good for appointments, but its missing one MAJOR feature

Publié le 04/08/2016
Jonna B.
2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Own a hair salon? This might be important to you too: I've been using MindBody for nearly 2 years at my salon for its online booking. I have nothing bad to say about how the online booking functions on MY end... meaning that when I log in and manage my appointments, it's pretty easy for me. It's actually REALLY easy for me and I love the way MindBody allows me to manage my appointments. So I do recommend it for this very important reason. HOWEVER, what I don't love about this service is that, according to my website designers SetMySite (these guys are incredible btw), there's no "customizable embed code"... in business owner terms that means, when the client wants to book their appointment through the website, they click on a link on the website that takes them OUT of your website and ON TO MindBody's website. There are other salon booking applications that allow you to create a custom look and feel to the appointment booking application and "embed" it onto your website, so that your clients can actually book ON your website. MindBody offers no such feature. So why does this ruin the experience so much? 1) It looks unprofessional! We consider ourselves a very high-end salon. Sending our client to another website that doesn't match the same look and feel of our website looks amateur and unpolished. Especially since our website uses dark colors, and MindBody's is all white - it's a very ugly contrast. 2) It's not very user friendly for the client. Originally I wanted a "book now" button under each service offering on my website and I wanted to have that button automatically take the client down the path to book that specific service once they clicked on it (obviously). But I guess that wasn't so obvious for the MindBody peeps as when someone clicks on the "book now" button on my website, it just takes them to a general page where the client has to fish around for the service they JUST TRIED to book on my site and re-add it so they can book! SMH. 3) When the client is taken to the MindBody booking page, they aren't greeted with a list of services to choose from. They are greeted the the need to "sign in" to an account. How could a first time client already have an account? MindBody should know that many many clients that book online are actually first time clients! Why not make it as easy as possible for them to book online? I feel like MindBody makes it as HARD as possible for them to book the service they want through the website itself.

Avantages: Excellent admin management. Wonderful for managing appointments and worth the money based on this alone. You pay more as your business grows. I have found the support to be excellent. I'm not sure why so many people here are complaining about the support. Everyone I've talked to has been really knowledgeable and helpful.

Inconvénients: No way to book appointments directly on your own website. This is a pretty big one for me obviously. The booking page for the customer is stark, confusing, and unnecessarily cumbersome. There needs to be a way to make the integration more seamless and pretty. I guess it's just very disappointing because the software and company are otherwise very good. This seems like such a no-brainer and I feel like I'm losing business because of it. This needs to be addressed.

Not as good as they think they are

Publié le 01/01/2017
Randall F.
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB because their salesman misrepresented their tech's ability to export my data. In the end, they couldn't do it. He also signed me up at the wrong price for my situation and it cost me extra $ for months. I decided to continue with MB without my previous client database. The back end of the software is extremely complicated and took quite a while to get things to work right. They seem to feel they are the best solution out there, they clearly haven't looked closely at the other providers and how my clients could interact with the software which is overly complicated, I have numerous clients who won't work with MB and call or text. (there will always be some who won't use it no matter the design) They are committed to using Flash (outdated) if you want to use an iPhone or iPad you have to use their apps instead of the site being HTML5 or cross platform compatible. It also doesn't work well with Safari. The CRM is poorly designed and their premium Soap notes are a joke in comparison to what the competition like Booker, Jane app, Soap Vault. and many more offer. Their Auto emails don't handle embedded HTML correctly and are completely broken at the moment and fill my email with content not linked to. You can't collate, print or export client notes or soap notes. I have to copy and paste my notes into word to create a medical-legal report.

Avantages: Great 24hr customer service support.
Wide range of features.
Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better
Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up.
Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers.
A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Inconvénients: Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering. Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period.
The initial salesman made false promises.
Overly complicated user interface both for potential clients and for service providers.
No automatic booking assistance that keeps dead spaces to a minimum.
Poor Contact Relation management compared to much less expensive software.
Pushed expensive 3rd party upgrades for components that should have been included in the price.
They don't have a well-developed place to create treatment notes, can't print, collate or export the notes you do create. Not PIPA compliant (Standards of patient privacy)
Can't bill or track insurance billing and payments.
Takes forever to fix something broken in their software. Promised features and then took 2-3 years to deliver features.

I wish there were major revisions to MBO

Publié le 30/08/2018
Sylvie M.
manager
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The MBO business app works well on my phone for events

Inconvénients: I do not think it's efficient at all. There are wayyyyyyyyy too many things to click to get to what you want, clients have to wait way too long to get signed in and pay for a package. I used to work in the restaurant industry and POS systems definitely had their flaws but they were quick and to the point. MBO was definitely designed by someone who has never had to work a busy sign in at a busy yoga studio. It seems the system was designed by someone who does not understand the client experience or how important efficiency is an employee. And the amount of glitches and ways I have to trick the system to do what I want, for example the autopay schedule. Why can't I use two forms of payment for one payment? Like $10 from their account credit and the rest on the card. Instead I have to charge the card the rest ahead of time to the account and then apply it to the month and then go in and change the payment type which sometimes doesn't save and sometimes changes it all to account payment. Which causes the client to have a huge negative account balance by the time we catch it and we have to go back to find them. That's one example. Also the customer service is horrendous. I usually have to call back a few times about the same issue in order to get someone who knows what they are doing or talking about. And half the time I have to teach the reps how to work something in order to get an answer. I really think MBO has a long way to go before it's useful.

MindBody Cloud Based Club and Scheduling Solution

Publié le 23/07/2019
Narinder S.
Sr Cloud Architect
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall Mindbody Software is life line for our SPA business and we are totally depended on this software for all kind of activities so for any small or mind size business that need to automate their work Mindbody is perfect choice

Avantages: Mindbody Software offers various features such as Automated Scheduling of Email and text along with online booking, Appointment via Social media like Facebook and we can manage marketing capabilities via inbuild toolkit. We use Mindbody software for SPA.

Inconvénients: Every Software has its own strength and weakness, as per our experience with Mindbody we have found few issues where they need to really works on one big aspect is Availability of Services( they had 3-4 major outages) which causes lot of problem to out customers and impact our business, second area that i would like to explore is software has few menus that feel cluttered while other menus are mostly blanks ,their documentation is also not updated sometime