3,8 /5
  • Service client
    3,8 /5

En savoir plus sur Mindbody

Pour vous, vos stylistes et votre personnel de salon, MINDBODY facilite la planification, la mise à jour ou le traitement des rendez-vous, à partir d'un seul écran.

En savoir plus sur Mindbody

2 208 avis affichés

Garrett E.
CIO
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 06/09/2019

"Learn It and Use It"

Avantages: I can not state more clearly that Mindbody is the leader in what they do. They have their faults because of the way it was designed originally but they are working on those every day but no system on the market is better. I have a feeling that a couple years from now, they be much larger than what they even are now.

Inconvénients: the old design structure of the base platform could use some updates, which they are aware of

• Publié le 06/09/2019
Kurt V.
Owner/Head Coach
Sports, Auto-entrepreneur
    Sans note
  • Publié le 04/12/2019

"MindBody for Small Gym"

Commentaires: Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless!
MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Avantages: Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all.
MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory.
The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed.
The software will also take into account independent contractors.
Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Inconvénients: I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds.
It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related.
All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

• Publié le 04/12/2019
Ramin L.
Mortgage Professional
Banque, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 10/01/2021

"Great for automation for business, also a good tool for user"

Commentaires: With a few hiccups from the user side (booking classes) and the up-sells I wouldn't jump to use this again in the future. Of course, with Covid we have no classes any longer but should we begin holding I may stick to the simpler Eventbrite booking platform. Mindbody just dominated the industry here in Los Angeles and although they have a good system, I don't think it's worth the costs unless you are a very large studio that sells out every class.

Avantages: I have used Mindbody from both sides of the fence, one as a user as well as a business owner. What I liked most as a user is that it's simple to use and allows the user to get a gambit of various class offerings without having to go to various different websites or apps. If you're looking for a yoga class at a certain time, a certain location- it gets you there and lets you book it right from the app.

Inconvénients: This is strictly from the business side, it's a little clunky to use and again this is from the business side- the costs did increase over time with the add-ons. This can be very problematic because the up-sells didn't necessary equate to more guests to the mediation studio we were working through.

• Publié le 10/01/2021
Randall F.
  • Publié le 01/01/2017

"Not as good as they think they are"

Commentaires: I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB because their salesman misrepresented their tech's ability to export my data. In the end, they couldn't do it. He also signed me up at the wrong price for my situation and it cost me extra $ for months. I decided to continue with MB without my previous client database. The back end of the software is extremely complicated and took quite a while to get things to work right. They seem to feel they are the best solution out there, they clearly haven't looked closely at the other providers and how my clients could interact with the software which is overly complicated, I have numerous clients who won't work with MB and call or text. (there will always be some who won't use it no matter the design) They are committed to using Flash (outdated) if you want to use an iPhone or iPad you have to use their apps instead of the site being HTML5 or cross platform compatible. It also doesn't work well with Safari. The CRM is poorly designed and their premium Soap notes are a joke in comparison to what the competition like Booker, Jane app, Soap Vault. and many more offer. Their Auto emails don't handle embedded HTML correctly and are completely broken at the moment and fill my email with content not linked to. You can't collate, print or export client notes or soap notes. I have to copy and paste my notes into word to create a medical-legal report.

Avantages: Great 24hr customer service support.
Wide range of features.
Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better
Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up.
Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers.
A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Inconvénients: Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering. Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period.
The initial salesman made false promises.
Overly complicated user interface both for potential clients and for service providers.
No automatic booking assistance that keeps dead spaces to a minimum.
Poor Contact Relation management compared to much less expensive software.
Pushed expensive 3rd party upgrades for components that should have been included in the price.
They don't have a well-developed place to create treatment notes, can't print, collate or export the notes you do create. Not PIPA compliant (Standards of patient privacy)
Can't bill or track insurance billing and payments.
Takes forever to fix something broken in their software. Promised features and then took 2-3 years to deliver features.

• Publié le 01/01/2017
Emily K.
Accountant
Comptabilité, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 05/11/2020

"MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio"

Commentaires: Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

Avantages: There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

Inconvénients: Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

• Publié le 05/11/2020
Ryan C.
Chiropractor
  • Publié le 10/12/2020

"Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work"

Commentaires: Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.) It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue. This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

Avantages: It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Inconvénients: First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.) The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly. The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible. The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

Stephanie A.
Massage Therapist
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 12/09/2019

"MindBody Software is Mostly Great"

Commentaires: Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

Avantages: It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

Inconvénients: I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

• Publié le 12/09/2019
Julia T.
  • Publié le 27/10/2020

"Terrible software, terrible customer service"

Commentaires: Customer service is awful. The message always says they have an unusually high call volume, so it takes hours to solve any issues, and half the issues the techs have never heard of it, so they just punt.

Avantages: The software is good at booking clients, and minding the number of sessions remaining in a package. It reminds clients of appointments.

Inconvénients: The point of sale is a nightmare. They have NO point of sale effectively. They don't even allow an instrument as a chip reader!!! The only solution is a 3rd party instrument that costs $900, and does not fully integrate with the mindbody software. They forbid you getting a functional Credit card terminal, and have no options. This system is a constant source of grief. It double charges clients all the time, they say they are "trying" to get it to stop, meanwhile I get a dozen furious calls a week from clients who complain. The company has had an urgent fix in the works for over a year. I could go on, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Aditionally, they charge way above what I can get credit card processing for on the open market, but they forbid any competition in this arena.

• Publié le 27/10/2020
Yakira A.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 12/08/2019

"Great Interface, Difficult to Navigate, Addt'l Charges, Not Customizable"

Commentaires: MBO functions like you'd expect a very large, very vast business to function - tons of features that you pay for but only a portion of which are usable or easy to access/understand. Super inflexible for making changes or to accommodate any customization. Customer service is nice and easy to access, a recent change to their credit. They also have their app dialed in, which was a huge win for us.

Avantages: Super streamlined UX for the branded app
Easy to reach customer service
Great analytics dashboard for quick status updates

Inconvénients: Charges kept going up for no apparent additional value
All add-on functions come at additional cost
Website integration very poor; no store option
Functions/features buried in an oversaturated back-end; back-end not very intuitive
Lack of customization on basic features, like booking window hour opening

• Publié le 12/08/2019
David K.
Vente au détail, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 10/12/2020

"LIGHTYEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION"

Commentaires: My experience was $500 per month at two locations of nigthmares, frustration, and apologies for clients. I truly should have left them years ago, but don't like making clients switch POS systems more than once in 5 years, and I should have just done it sooner.

Avantages: The only thing good about this software is the App on the customer facing side.

Inconvénients: Customer Service, Pricing, Poor Interface, Difficult to Set Up.

Services aux consommateurs, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 06/06/2019

"Too expensive for what it does"

Commentaires: I was using mindbody to replace acuity for scheduling my yoga/fitness classes and coaching client.
It turns out that it has a lot of glitches for the users and on the administrator side it's overly complicated. It also doesn't have some of the features that I was used to (or perhaps I couldn't find them). For the cost of using this software I expected lots of bells and whistles, but they all cost more. I am a very small business trying to grow and have gone back to my previous software, Acuity.

Avantages: The app is the one thing that is great about this product. I think it's why there are so many users.

Inconvénients: The cost is far too high for a small business such as mine. When you factor in the exchange rate as well, almost my whole profit was going to rent and scheduling software.

• Publié le 06/06/2019
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 18/02/2021

"So bad it's almost a scam."

Commentaires: I signed up with Mindbody in August of Covid 19 and the salesman told me that if I needed to cancel early then I just needed to talk to them. So I talked to them in January, now that my business is in dire straights and I was told that my cancellation would be processed the following day. A week later, I was charged the $270 fee so I called and was informed that because my contract was not over, I couldn't cancel. The representative started throwing scripted BS at me like "our legal team review" and "terms of service". Eventually I was able to appeal to him as a human being and he conceded that it should probably be in their terms of service to honor what I was told by their customer service representative, previously. Nonetheless, he couldn't do anything to cancel my subscription. I waited (not on hold) with this guy for 40 minutes, waiting for a supervisor to get on the line. The supervisor never replied and the guy said he wasn't going to wait any longer. I eventually got an email denying my request to cancel but offering a $50 / month ransom to end my contract. Rather than fight with chargeback and collections, I'm just gonna pay the ransom, hopefully. I'm presently on the phone for 33 minutes getting the runaround with a representative who keeps putting me on hold to "do some things." Maybe they just hope I'll hang up and give up.

Avantages: Nothing. I know that a lot of other businesses use Mindbody and from the perspective of using it to book classes at other studios, I thought Mindbody was quite good. However, using it as a business owner, I found it very non intuitive and clunky.

Inconvénients: It didn't help me run my business. You've probably tried other apps that seem like they will be great, and then they fall short. Mindbody is one of those apps.

• Publié le 18/02/2021
Gina B.
  • Publié le 07/07/2020

"Mindbody post virus apocalypse"

Commentaires: In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Avantages: Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Inconvénients: Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and google, got many clicks and zero conversions- people kept getting tripped up in mb. A survey indicated over 30% of users had a hard time booking, paying for or accessing live stream classes on mb. I literally spent all day every day troubleshooting with mb reps, instructors and clients. I wonder ho many people we lost that got turned off? We decided to move our live stream and on demand off he platform.

• Publié le 07/07/2020
John T.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 04/04/2020

"MindBody for Music Schools"

Commentaires: Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Avantages: Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

Inconvénients: We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

• Publié le 04/04/2020
Theresa O.
  • Publié le 28/02/2020

"It is OKAY"

Commentaires: I think until recently we were thinking of switching to something else that is more reasonably priced. I stayed on and am now using the new marketing software. We will see if it helps automate our business more.

Avantages: I like that it has an app and that our clients can easily sign up. Also, the billing makes it easy for a small business like ours.

Inconvénients: We have been using MINDBODY for the last 3 years. I just think it is okay and think there are so many other products out there that have come out that might be better. My biggest gripe is the cost. I wish it scaled more with how big our fitness business is. We have a small business and don't do a lot of volume but in order to get the marketing features we have to pay a huge premium. I also was bothered that that they just increase costs by a lot after we used it for a year and never gave any training about the new features that we HAD to pay for. I don't like that their actual internal network and app don't help get new clients. DON'T ever pay for that feature as it takes a percentage from the sale. You are much better off doing your own sales and marketing.

• Publié le 28/02/2020
Jeffrey B.
Gym Owner
  • Publié le 27/01/2020

"MindBody Software Suite with Branded App"

Commentaires: Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the Mindbody App. This isn't good for retention. If a customer want to skate around your regular member prices, the Non-Branded App offers discounts to your already regular customer (not just new customers), creating instant revenue losses when trying to gain new customers. Customer Care/Service representatives knew less about the MindBody suite than I did since I have used the software longer than the representatives that were supposed to be assisting. The integrated software for payments which ease the use of processing and tracking is a "catch 22". If your card on file for Mindbody payments expires, which happens periodically; MindBody will just shutdown your site and you cannot operate in any capacity or function. No phone call message to let you know. If this happens, you will have an onslaught of fixes because the Mindbody system will disassociate your confirmation phone numbers with your customers and they will no longer be able to confirm appointments. You will have to manually push any missed autopays etc.

Avantages: The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Inconvénients: Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

• Publié le 27/01/2020