Optimum Solutions user since 2013

Brittany F.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like that Optimum takes customer comments into consideration and sometimes incorporates those suggestions into future updates. I also like that it is SQL data tables, which I can easily access with my Crystal Reports software which we use with our payroll software. (We use HR/TA of Optimum currently, may consider rolling over to payroll as well in the future.)

Inconvénients: Occasionally there are glitches (but that happens with any program, especially when new features are rolled out). Most recently, glitches have been with the ACA reporting - but that is to be expected with such a new process!! I have occasionally noticed some changes from one update to another in where the Weekly Timecard Status Report places hours in the totals at the end of the report. (We export to an external payroll software and use this for balancing our imported hours and sometimes it has been confusing until we figure out what moved where.)

Upgrade from version 6 to version 7

Daryl L.
IT Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We have been with Optimum Solutions for many years. Their customer support has been consistently excellent....they have a very knowledgeable customer service support force who have helped us in a very timely manner through the years. Many of their employees have been with the company as long as we have been with them and are almost like family.
The software is mostly easy to use. Upgrades, like the new ACA software needed for government requirements, have always been provided on a timely basis. Their programming staff is always open to suggestions from the users of their product.

Inconvénients: If I had to choose one thing that we like least about version 7 over the older version 6 is the way reporting is done now. In version 6 we had one screen that had all the reports we wanted to print, set up with the outqs to send them to ......we just hit enter each week and it printed them. Now we have to go through a series of screens for each report we want. Even though there are more options in the new report selection process, it is more cumbersome to use. Hopefully in the future, the programming staff will make some improvements in this area. We love Optimum Solutions...no problem with the vendor or their staff!

Optimum Solutions review

Laurie J.
Controller
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: All encompassing software tool that keeps things very accurate and detailed. I have not had to increase my Payroll staff in over 10 years even though our employee count has nearly doubled in all that time. In addition, Optimum provides regular software updates to keep up with changing times (example would be the new ACA form reporting requirement).

Inconvénients: The initial set up was very daunting and there was a big learning curve. But it was very much worth the effort. We use the iSeries platform and some of our users don't like "Green Screens" - - they prefer Windows type feel like point and click. Optimum does have a windows program too, but we have never looked into it. It isn't the best (for us at least) for some HR type documentation and workflows (ie approving raises, disciplinary actions.

Optimum Solutions - the BEST there is!

Bonnie F.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is very easy to use, flexible, and dependable! Our company has been using Optimum since 1998. We've tripled our employees in that time and continue to grow. We are upgrading to version 7 and the ESS package within the next couple of months. I am excited about the new features that we'll be able to implement! And my employees are going to LOVE the ESS!!! We used the same base package for 18 years and never had any problems with it! The opticoms and communications help keep us up with the every-changing HR/Payroll world we work in!

Inconvénients: The fact that I wasted 10 minutes sitting here, trying to come up with something I don't like - and failed!!!

Review of the software

Diane G.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Optimum Solutions stays current with the latest tax and government requirements and keeps the client informed with frequent updates. They are a good source for keeping me abreast of laws. The software is easy to use. Optimum has always been available during emergency issues.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the updates, directions, explanations, or how to screens do not go into ENOUGH fine details. I find that I still have to contact our client service rep for additional information on how to do or set up our company.
I would like to see some improvements in the time and attendance module, greater ease in correcting the errors.

Scheduling drama

Leanna C.
Payroll
Support client

Commentaires: From the beginning (2008) we believed this product would be an upgrade from the product we were currently using. However, we found out shortly after we started training that it was in fact way behind the product we had been using. That was a bit frustrating for me. We have 250+ employees and the ease of the Time and Attendance portion of your product was not very useful. It still takes longer than I would like to edit the punches and make changes to the employee time cards. The schedules don't allow a lot of wiggle room. (ex. if the employee takes a lunch earlier or later than "scheduled" it appears on 2 lines and becomes an edit, and the same with the in punch too early or outside the "schedule" it becomes an edit.)
The payroll processing it super good especially if you have automatic times cards with I do for my machine shop. And the supervisor payroll is all automatic so they are pretty much error free. I have issues of using the Rate Table for our insurance premiums and then when the employee doesn't make the entire premium payment, I have to run an entirely different report to see that. I would like to see it print on the deduction deviation report along with the other benefits and deductions that does not get taken from the employee check it would just make sense that way. This Software is always trial and error and has been from the beginning. Improvements are coming often and I would really like to see it all become more user friendly and less time consuming.

Optimum Solutions- User-Friendly Company for Payroll and HR Services

Elvira C.
Philanthropie
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is very user-friendly. I've been using this software for the past 5 years and I do enjoy the ease of navigating through the different screens, tabs, and reporting capabilities. As far as the vendor goes, most people in the industry have heard of Optimum Solutions.

Inconvénients: I do find that we are limited as far as reports. There are many reports, but since they are canned reports, we do find the need to run queries in order for us to report the information we are looking for.

Payroll General Accountant

Publié le 25/02/2016
John J.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The customer support is outstanding. The staff is always willing to go above and beyond in assisting us with issues we may have. They give us the necessary information and tools to meet the requirements of government agencies and our auditors.

Inconvénients: There is a learning curve that one must understand. The system does exactly what you tell it to do. So you really need to understand how the system works. Fortunately no matter how much I have messed up the system in the past they have always been able to correct it.

I have been an OSI customer for 17 years.

Publié le 25/02/2016
Eric G.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is versatile and the customer service is excellent. I have built good working relationships with OSI staff and consider them valuable partners.

Inconvénients: I would like to see an OSI online application become available. This would allow a seamless transition from application to software. We would not have to take an application and enter all the basic data. Just upload the application and enter other criteria like department, wage, etc.

HR & Payroll Software

Aaron S.
Agriculture
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The product is very user friendly and the support staff is very responsive if a problem is ever encountered.

Inconvénients: The person assigned to the initial set up did not seem to have a full knowledge of the product and led us down the wrong path. Outcome led to various other scheduled meetings and a lot of changes that could have been avoided if the initial set up was done correctly.

Optimum is great!

Mindy S.
Office Supervisor
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is great having a software that meets all our payroll and HR needs in one place. It makes it easy to enter information and find it later. Optimum's customer service is excellent! They are always personable and very quick to respond. It is amazing in this day and age to actually talk to a real person on the other end of the line and not have to go through 10 minutes of pushing buttons to do so.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the software is a little overwhelming because it is so robust.

Best customer service in the industry

Darin S.
IT Director
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: At any point if we have questions or issues (big or small), we can always get someone on the phone that will step us through the process to get the end result that we need. I have even had top notch support on a weekend during a move from one server to another that included an upgrade of system.

Inconvénients: In all honesty I have not had a negative experience with either the product or the vendor.

Optimum Review

Kathy E.
Controller
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This software was chosen because I can control the input and processing of my payrolls. There is no waiting for reports or tax filings. I wanted a product that was in-house rather than on the internet. Vendor response time for support issues is very good.

Inconvénients: This software lacks greatly in the ability to build reports. Frequently I must run several reports in Optimum and merge them together. I am disappointed that no effort has been made to improve reporting.

Optimum Review

Angie C.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: System is user friendly. Support staff is helpful and responds quickly when there are problems.

Inconvénients: Lots of updates. Update that result in an unexpected problem somewhere else in the software. Required items when entering a new employee into the system. Why isn't rate of pay required? You can't process a check without this information. When I have new users in the software this is hard for them and can create payroll issues.

Easy to Use

Drew R.
CFO
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: the best part of optimum solutions is that it prints the vendor/payee checks during the payroll process. Also it prints all of the tax forms.

Inconvénients: I would like to see if possible on the payroll pay cycles calendar when you enter a pay period begin date and pay period end date that spans over 2 months the system will calculate the accrual based on if it is a biweekly or weekly pay cycle.

Easy to use, efficent and speedy

Publié le 18/03/2016
Dana M.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Speed of our payroll processing has increased. The transfer of data from Timekeeping to Payroll Processing is simple and efficient. The HR side of the system is very user friendly and has a large array of reports to choose from. On a daily basis I enjoy how easy it is to maneuver around in and enter data quickly.

Inconvénients: There are many "newest versions" that you need to update your system with which can be bothersome, but they are actually very easy to use.

16 YEARS USING OPTIMUM SOLUTIONS

Billy S.
IT Manager
Produits alimentaires
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The best aspect of this product is the support and responsiveness of the support personnel. They are always ready and willing to help in answering questions and also developing custom mods for our company specific issues.

Inconvénients: The annual costs of the support are continuing to rise and the total cost of support for the three modules we use should be combined and discounted in my opinion.

great payroll system

Debbie F.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: it gives you a multitude of information, more than I ever had in our previous system. I have not had time to enter all the info that it asks for, but I do want to finish it so that we have info at our fingertips instead of looking for it manually in different areas of the file cabinet.

Inconvénients: I would like to be able to open several areas at a time ( to check on info). I would like to have the reports that I run every week to be separated from the rest of the reports that I don't use all the time.

IT Director Managing HRIS for Company

Rob T.
IT Director
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The support department and their flexibility is top-notch. You rarely, if ever hear that something cannot be done.

Inconvénients: Their employee web portal need modernization. Most of the screens are a bit out of date looking, but it is functional and gets the job done. Just would prefer is to be more flexible, modern looking.

Optimum Soluitions

Publié le 22/03/2016
Calixto R.
Vice President/Administrator
Support client

Commentaires: Overall, Optimum Solutions provides a phenomenal HR/Payroll program that is easy to use. With respect to "pros", Optimum Solutions' customer services is outstanding - particularly Mr. Dave Collazo; who is always there to assist me with any questions I may have. Should he not be immediately available, he is always good at returning my phone calls and/or answering my emails. The only con that I can think of regarding Optimum is the many bugs that seem to pop up from time to time. For example, on PTO cash-outs, any amount of hours cashed is not automatically deducted from the PTO bank; thereby requiring that I manually deduct the hours cashed-out. Also, for some unknown reason, we always receive a scheduling error on Saturdays and Sundays; which also require manual correction. Please note that there are other minor bugs - nothing we can't cope with; but it would be nice if the errors could be eliminated. Several copies of our database have been sent to Optimum with no avail. In light of these minor issues, I still continue to praise Optimum and its customer service; and will recommend it to anyone looking for HR/payroll software. Thanks!!! - Cal.

Reliable software and tech support

Marlen P.
Accounting Specialist
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This product is user friendly (once you learn the basics) and the tech support is very helpful.

Inconvénients: It would be a lot easier to keep up with the new updates to the software if customers were notified as soon as they became available instead of having to look on their website.

Terry Lewis Review of Optimum Solutions

Terry L.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is easy to use and stays up to date. The software does everything I need for payroll and time and attendance. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Inconvénients: I really like the product and vendor. There is really nothing that I don't like.

The Best Payroll, HR, and Time & Attendance Combo Software

Publié le 20/08/2014
Trish G.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is user-friendly. It has everything you need for payroll, HR, and Time and Attendance wrapped up in one package. The vendor is great to work with. I don't have to call them much these days, but when I do, I know I will get a quick and satisfactory response from them. Anyone I talk to is very friendly, and they all seem very knowledgable of the product. If not, they are quick to get someone else in on the conversation that can help.

Inconvénients: This is hard to answer because I am very happy with this product and this vendor and would not even think about using a different product. I don't think I have a least like.

Good Payroll and HR product

Publié le 23/02/2015
Kathy J.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It has a lot of canned information but is customizable to your specific needs.

Inconvénients: Some things are a little confusing, but they have great customer support, so if you are willing to ask for help, they can usually clear up issues.

Makes payroll easy to process!

Publié le 11/03/2016
Dolly B.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Very easy to work with. A lot of support. If you make a mistake not impossible to fix. Most of the time you can do it yourself.

Inconvénients: would like to be able to have area for ee's to sign in and look at their sick/vacation time.