Avis clients sur MAPCON

par MAPCON Technologies

• Service client

En savoir plus sur MAPCON

Logiciel de gestion de la maintenance qui intègre des outils pour le contrôle complet de la gestion de projet, la gestion des salles de stockage et la gestion des achats.

En savoir plus sur MAPCON

143 avis affichés

Manufacturing Maintenance Manager
Impression, 51-200 employés

"Great Software"

Commentaires: The Mapcon software has changed our business and decreased our overall emergency breakdown calls.

Avantages: Easy to setup and easy for my maintenance staff to use.

Inconvénients: Could be easier to jump between windows.

Dawn W.
Maintenance System Coordinator
Énergies renouvelables et environnement, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 15/11/2016

"STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE"

Commentaires: United Wisconsin Grain Producers LLC (UWGP) started using MAPCON in 2005 when production of our facility began. Since this time, MAPCON has become an important key to our day-to-day successes by providing and modifying a maintenance program that meets our ever changing needs. Using MAPCON has allowed UWGP to maximize maintenance records and store pertinent information that can be retrieved quickly. We are able to identify and stock critical parts while keeping an accurate inventory. UWGP also has a valued benefit of scheduling preventative maintenance; which reduces both downtime and maintenance costs. UWGP knows that support for MAPCON is only a call away. By utilizing all the tools available in MAPCON, UWGP has become #1 in plant up-time and #1 in low maintenance costs according to the 2013 Christianson & Associates Benchmarking Reports. UWGP employees are very proud of these accomplishments. This only proves that MAPCON is the heartbeat of the maintenance department. UWGP is always looking to achieve maximum efficiency along with increasing performance. MAPCON is growing right with us. WE ARE STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE

Avantages: First of all the customer service. In the beginning I called/emailed a tremendous amount. In time things came easier and I didn't have to call/email as much. Truthfully one day I got an email asking me how I was because he didn't hear from me in a while. Its nice to know they are only a phone call or email away. Mapcon always gets back to me and if they can't at that moment they always send me another email address or phone number. Its nice to know someone always has your back.

Inconvénients: Not so much me as the coordinator. I am happy with the software and am always striving to know more and get better at running it. Its the ones that pay the bills and signs my check. I guess the cost is hard to swallow.

envoyé par MAPCON Technologies le 12/01/2017

Hi Dawn!
We took what you said to heart and have created a LinkedIn Group specifically for MAPCON users. Here is the link: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8578280

Thanks for the feedback, and we hope to see you posting in the group!
-Heather

• Publié le 15/11/2016
Debbie H.
CMMS Coordinator
Art/artisanat, 501-1 000 employés

"MAPCON REVIEW"

Commentaires: I was using a different program in the past and we switched to Mapcon, thinking it would be more powerful. All in all, I have to say it's "6 of one and half a dozen of the other". Although some features are nice to have, the overall user friendliness of the program and the logic of how it should work are still lacking. I think there could be many more improvements done to this system.

Avantages: I like the ease of the pm scheduling, and the automatic scheduler. So if I am on vacation I know the PM's will still be generated and nothing will be missed. I like the idea of the hand held devices, so that the tradesmen can access their work orders onsite and close them off.

Inconvénients: Although the pm scheduling is very handy, the drawback about it is that it won't accommodate a rotating resource schedule. Also, it is is very difficult to schedule pm's that are on a seasonal basis only. Also, I found that if tradesmen are closing out their own work orders, then you can't assign multiple men to one work order, because once that work order is closed by one person, it ends up closed for the other person who is assigned, and then their work order "disappears" on their open list and can get forgotten. So, multiple work orders have to be opened for the same job and assigned individually. Also, the program seems compartmentalized. I should be able to open, edit and close a work order all from the same screen. It's not very user friendly in many aspects.

Jennifer M.
Facilities Coordinator
Biens de consommation
  • Publié le 25/10/2016

"Hard to learn, great to use"

Commentaires: This is a review of an older version of Mapcon (5.2). I am new to the facilities management world and part of my introduction was learning Mapcon. As I said, we have an older version which is not as user friendly as the current one. However, the people at Mapcon have been fantastic at helping me understand; Steve in particular has given me hours and hours of training, both over the phone and through a hands-on class at their office in Johnston, IA. He has a way of explaining that flicks a switch in my brain and makes everything clear. After working on and with Mapcon for a year, I am a believer. While my company is still just using a small percentage of the capabilities, I can see huge possibilities for the future. As we continue to add data and expand our usage, Mapcon will become more and more valuable in cost reduction, changing from reactive maintenance to proactive, and updating our technology. I have read reviews on CMMS systems and one constant pain point is data entry. My version of Mapcon is clunky when it comes to adding inventory; one window to create the record, another to create the image, another to seed the inventory. While entering inventory was tedious, we used that time to also reorganize and purge our parts room. Now we're proud of our clean, well-organized, easy to use parts room and corresponding Mapcon data. The techs can find what they are looking for much easier as all parts are in the computer with locations, quantities and manufacturers stock numbers. Once we add min/max numbers we will start to utilize the reporting on low inventory and not have to depend on the human factor. So while data entry was time consuming, the result is definitely worth the effort. We've also started on updating and filling in data on our equipment. By creating levels of locations we can start tracking breakdowns better and see trends before they become catastrophes. We're adding exploded views to the equipment so when a tech needs a part, he can pull up the image and find the part number, then pull up that part number and find it quickly in stock. Every step we take builds to the next, making Mapcon more and more robust and essential. My future will consist of creating and using failure codes, cycle counts and adding bar coding capabilities. Mapcon allows me to see how this all works together to benefit my team, company and the bottom line.

Avantages: All areas work together, but you don't need to use all capabilities to get results.

Inconvénients: Not user friendly

Hello Jennifer,
Thanks so much for the compliments! I'm really glad you were able to attend 3-day training here in Iowa, and I am glad to hear that you got something out of it, aside from looking at my handsome face for those days :) I truly enjoy doing these training classes, and I am really glad it shows.
-Steve

Flint B.
Programmer/robot tech/maintenance/IT
Automobile, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 25/10/2016

"Great Software and getting better."

Commentaires: So far we have been pretty happy with this software. Support has been really helpful too. They were quick to fix a bug I found in the mobile app. I like that they seem eager to constantly improve their software too. For us our ultimate goal is to utilize the mobile app as much as possible and have a completely paperless system. For now we are still printing the PM's and entering them in manually until we can get everyone using the mobile app.

Avantages: The mobile side of the system is what drew me in. I like the idea of being able to create work requests, work orders, complete pm's etc. all from the mobile app. I also plan to use the mobile app to help track some of our inventory in the future. I also like that the person requesting the work can get updates on its status by email.

Inconvénients: For new users it can be difficult for them to understand sites and zones and just getting them started in general. Also, I would like to have more storage space for attachments. I would like to be able to have equipment manuals and even some videos for some of the assets and pm's. I have been able to somewhat work around this by using dropbox and just supplying links but that seems to be hit or miss on the mobile side.

Hi Flint,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Our marketing team is actually working on creating a video explaining Sites and Zones. It will be on our website soon. We have taken your software feedback and sent it directly to our programmers for them to consider for future releases. Thanks again!

Todd S.
Systems Administrator
Presse écrite, 201-500 employés

"Older Version 5.1SP4"

Commentaires: It is a good system for the price. Systems are only as good as the planning of configuration and data entry, most offer very similar features. This system will do most of what is required, however do to the age of our version, it lacks in mobility and domain integration. The newer systems offer this mobility and integration, however it parses out, and charges for, some of the modules that are all included in the older version. Regardless, costing is sensible compared to other systems and it is a company that listens and does try to build and address problems related to their customers.

Avantages: It works for our specific needs. It is not too much and too expensive to where it is justifiable to purchase and make it work for if we put effort into making sure the data is accurate.

Inconvénients: There are bugs, it does lock up and at times corrupts data. Some of the batch changes do not always works well. The mobility can be cumbersome. We know it may be due to the age of our system, which I can only speak from.

envoyé par MAPCON Technologies le 17/11/2016

Hi Todd,
Thanks for sending this review. We appreciate your being a customer of ours for so long! If you ever change your mind and think you would like to upgrade, you know how to reach us!

Larry B.
CMMS Administrator
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 02/11/2018

"Good Value"

Commentaires: We have developed a working database consisting of our equipment and the tracking of maintenance functions in relation to it.

Avantages: The ease of which training can be passed on to those who have no prior knowledge of a CMMS.

Inconvénients: I would like to gain more knowledge in the automation of the Inventory Control part of the program. This is not a shortcoming of the software, only of my exposure to it.

• Publié le 02/11/2018
Mohammed F.
Business Development Manager
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 27/10/2018

"Why MAPCON"

Commentaires: Manage Maintenance aspects from all side, financial, cost, warehouse, labor .. etc

Avantages: Easy, Functionality rich, Many modules, fast, requires little processing power... Good from most aspects, The unlimited requester, Email transfer to work request, Scheduler

Inconvénients: Price dependent on no of Assets/locations .. but Prices stays within the low range

• Publié le 27/10/2018
Randy T.
Computer Technician
Automobile, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 31/01/2020

"Easy set up and use with world class support"

Commentaires: I would recommend this product if you have to manage facilities or repair orders

Avantages: As someone who set up, upgrades and supports the product
I love the support the most.
Once or twice over the years I have had to update the server and getting this product back up was easy. they offer to remote in to assist at no charge.
the developers are in house which makes it special IMO

Inconvénients: its java based, java updates can cause issues.
it runs on sql which can put a little stress on a server if it shares resources, but product is light and run tons of other stuff on same box.

• Publié le 31/01/2020
Aaron C.
Gas Plant Supervisor
Pétrole et énergies, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 06/12/2019

"Good work management program"

Commentaires: It has been a good software to use in the last 6 years.

Avantages: The customer service Mapcon offers is excellent. The software allows you to manage your equipment and personnel efficiently.

Inconvénients: Very strong learning curve. Not a program you just plug and play. Takes a lot of time to develop.

• Publié le 06/12/2019
Patrick K.
Process Engineer
Matériaux de construction, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 25/10/2016

"A great product with even better customer service"

Commentaires: I have been working with Mapcon for about 4 years now and I was the one tasked with building the system from the very bottom, up. The system has its ups and downs and shortcomings like any other program (some times automatic reporting is a bit tedious); however, the ability for it to maintain records, notify affected employees, and allow our users to create and check the status of work orders and inventory is invaluable. It has saved our company both time and money, which is a must in this economy. And, if I ever experience an issue, their customer service are prompt, knowledgeable, and always easy to work with. You get a person every time and there is no hassle. Great product with even better customer service.

Avantages: The ability to obtain reports, manage inventory, and track work requests to completion
Track spending through different departments

Inconvénients: Automatic reporting doesn't always send out to list
Some options are hard for non computer savvy users to understand

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We have passed along your comments to our trainer, Steve, since he will be at your location soon for training. He will go over the reporting options with you.
I¿ve been talking to you for years now and appreciate your kind words about our customer service. As you know¿call if you need us. :)

-Diane ¿

Ken S.
Purchasing Manager
Exploitation minière et métaux, 201-500 employés

"Administrator"

Commentaires: For the most part it is working well. There are a few issues that we need to work through and are hoping that it can be used in the manner that we need. It is sometimes difficult to set up a partial inventory. I still wants to print out the entire location inventory instead of just specific locations. We also have issues with the auto re-order attaching parts to an existing requisition instead of creating a new requisition.
Over all it is working well for us and is building significant history for repairs and parts. We will continue to work through these issues and hopefully we can get the results we desire.

Avantages: Due to the repetitive nature of the software it is easier to train new employees on the basics of Mapcon.

Inconvénients: We have been working on the barcode module and are finding that because of limitations we may not be able to perform all of the functions that we would like.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for leaving us a review. Our trainer, Steve, will be coming to do on-site training at your facility soon, and he can help you work through some of these issues. In the meantime, feel free to call us for support if needed.

Rudolph O.
Electrician and Mapcon administrator.
Biens de consommation, 201-500 employés

"Mapcon 5.10"

Commentaires: We are using Mapcon version 5.10 the oinsight version. I have seen the newer version of Mapcon and what I saw of it has most if not all of the same features as the 5.10 version. We have been using Mapcon from 1997 to present day. We use the Equipment records, Purchasing, Inventory, Work order and Preventive maintenance of the system. We have generated 262106 work orders and 98221 purchase orders. We use our Mapcon! Over the years Mapcon support team has come to our rescue many times with their remote Assist Customer to come in by wire to fix the problem or by training in person or over the phone so we could fix our own problems. When we needed features that was not part of the stock system, they would build it through there custom programing. Also the cost of this was reasonable, especially when compared to other software company's modifications or add-ons. It is my opinion that anyone that chose to use Mapcon would be happy that they did for the cost savings of the software and the support team that Mapcon offers. They are upfront with what options are available and would never leave you out in the cold.

Avantages: Its ability to do what is needed.

Inconvénients: none.

Paula F.
Maintenance Clerk
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 201-500 employés

"Working with Mapcon"

Commentaires: Before joining the SXP family, i had never used a CMMS program. Now, almost 6 years later, I love it. It makes my job so much easier.
Entering the information into Mapcon is a time consuming task, although very user friendly, however, once it is all entered and you begin your process of work requests, work orders, reports, and especially the PM program. i could not have asked for a better system than Mapcon.
Mapcon's customer service reps are spectacular as well. i used them alot in the first year & have had situations in the previous years to have to call. Never have we ending our call unsatisfied. The training that we have received from Mapcon, via computer or on site, has been great as well.

Avantages: The fact that i can create our own reports based on the different requests from our various department heads.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the inventory on hand gives me a fit and takes me a few minutes to figure out where I went wrong. LOL other than that i am really very satisfied with the program.

Joe B.
CMMS Administrator
Pétrole et énergies, 13-50 employés

"#LOVEMYMAPCON"

Commentaires: I have used Mapcon for over ten years and can't imagine my life without it. We track work orders, purchases, inventory, preventive maintenance schedules, and equipment with this software. Users include positions such as my own as the administrator, all the way to our Process Operators. The software is utilized by Safety and Production Coordinators, Lab and Maintenance Managers, as well as Maintenance and Process Technicians. If you do your work putting information into the system, getting information out is a breeze. While I know no other CMMS programs, I also care not to.

Avantages: The thing I probably like the most is how Mapcon offers such a reliable and efficient way to track work, spare parts, labor, and purchases. Customer Support is always available when the need arises and Mapcon is diligent in improving the software continuously. They are open to suggestions and striving to make the software work for you.

Leah G.
Corporate Quality Manager
Entreposage, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 25/10/2016

"Simplistic, Easy to Use, Great reporting! "

Commentaires: Mapcon has been a great tool for our maintenance program. My experience with this has been long because we built it from scratch with this software. I love the flexibility of the software. The software itself is very easy to use and train others to use. The customer service level has not been consistent. In my experience, there are employees that exceed expectations and there are other employees who make obtaining information or answering questions difficult. One example of this was that I was sold this software with the understanding that I could train 1 person at all of my facilities. When I went to set up the online training I was told I could only have 3 at a time and I would have to pay for multiple training sessions. The first person who told me this was not helpful. The second lady that I spoke with worked it out for me after she found out what had been done previously. I also had another experience with a customer ser

Avantages: The software itself!

Inconvénients: The Customer Service inconsistencies.

envoyé par MAPCON Technologies le 16/11/2016

Hi Leah,
Thanks for the review! I am glad I was able to help resolve the training situation. Please let me know if I can be of any further service. I'm always here if you need anything!

Pete H.
Produits chimiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 27/10/2016

"Great, cost effective maintenance solution"

Commentaires: Many maintenance management packages are packed chock-ful of features that you never use. MAPCON is simple and has all the most important functions, and comes at a much lower cost than alternatives. We are upgrading to the latest version, v6.3, which brings better, more versatile reporting tools and web-integration (including support for mobile devices).

Avantages: Simple, all important functions, very good pricing (cloud and outright purchase)

Inconvénients: Multiple currency support has had to be custom developed for us, as it only handles USD by default. Scheduling of shift teams only works if your shift pattern recurs on a seven day week. We have 4x12 hour shifts, so can't use any of the automatic resource allocation and scheduling.

• Publié le 27/10/2016
Tyler P.
  • Publié le 25/10/2016

"City Of Garden City- Mapcon Review"

Commentaires: My experience with Mapcon goes back a while now. Working with Mapcon at my previous employer and now with the City. I have definitely learned a whole lot more of what Mapcon has to offer with the City. From starting from the ground up, it has been quite an adventure and challenge to say the least. We here at the City have requested many custom challenges for the Mapcon Programmers. Every customization yet has delivered just what we wanted and needed to operate in our daily functions. I came from a whole different world it seems like at the Ethanol plant. When I started here at the City, they had just purchased Mapcon. :) I had a sense of relief knowing that, and how I would at least know about that coming into the organization! At times I felt the pressure was one me for Mapcon to deliver what we all needed here and the different request from employees that would be working with Mapcon on a daily basis. Overall Mapcon is a great quality product. I can see it benefiting the smallest mom and pop type establishments to multi-million dollar companies. Once users are trained and they are in the system on a regular basis, the ease of use is not bad at all. I recently hired an employee that hardly spent any time on a computer, literally didn't know enough to be dangerous. After about 3 months of hands on training, this employee can just about do just about anything. From attaching inventory, making new inventory part #'s, purchasing in the few different sites we have to setting up new users and all the details that takes. That right there shows the quality, ease of use and support Mapcon has. There are so many features and options in the software, I wish i had time to sit back and check them all out...maybe one day It's crazy knowing there are City employees out doing work orders on the ipads. Its really come along way!! The response time with support would be the only thing that could be better. I feel i know just about everyone in that office, I am very happy to be apart of Mapcon and look forward to the future! I

Mickey P.
Maintenance Manager
51-200 employés
  • Publié le 16/11/2016

"Great for ISO/TS compliance"

Commentaires: MAPCON has been very helpful in preparing our maintenance department for compliance with ISO/TS requirements. Our recent TS audit was very successful due to the ability to any report the auditor asked to see. As with any CMMS, the results of using this software are only as good as the information the user enters into it. MAPCON tech support is very helpful in getting the software up and running and keeping it running. I would recommend MAPCON to anyone that's serious about scheduling, tracking, and reporting their maintenance functions.

Avantages: I like the ease of the reporting features, the scheduling of PMs and how they are e-mail to my inbox once the system generates them.

Inconvénients: The software is a somewhat hard to navigate for beginners. I would strongly recommend purchasing the extra training from MAPCON for the administrator of the system.

• Publié le 16/11/2016
Donna F.
Maintenance Coordinator
Biotechnologie, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 08/11/2016

"Mapcon Review"

Commentaires: I use Mapcon for 90% of my daily job, it is very user friendly. It helps me keep track of our equipment and what we spend on it, and what the reoccurring problems we may be having. I run 5 main monthly reports for our management team that helps them see where we are spending the company's money. We currently have the older version the 5.2 version and now we are looking at the latest and greatest version of Mapcon from what I can see that would be a great step forward for our company!!

Avantages: Very easy to use even for the people that are not computer friendly people.

Inconvénients: We have had some difficulties with Windows 10 and Mapcon being compatible.

envoyé par MAPCON Technologies le 17/11/2016

Hey Donna,
Thank you for the feedback! The new version that you're looking at is compatible with Windows 10. Yay!

• Publié le 08/11/2016
Jeff K.
Maintenance Planner
Pétrole et énergies, 51-200 employés

"Great CMMS Software"

Commentaires: I have worked with John and Steve with any issues on the current version of MAPCON we are currently running. They are highly knowledgeable and politely helpful. We are considering upgrading to the newer web based version because of the great support we have been receiving

Avantages: I like that is covers both our maintenance side and purchasing providing some great features/options on each.

Inconvénients: Our current software is very outdated, as it is almost impossible to access from off site. It is very costly to upgrade to the newer web based version.

envoyé par MAPCON Technologies le 16/11/2016

Hi Jeff,
I am so glad to hear that our support team has been so helpful to you. We take pride in our world-class support here at Mapcon. I know we have sent you a quote on upgrading, so I hopefully that works out! Thank you for your business,

Maintenance Planner
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 09/08/2018

"Not for all manufacturing companies"

Commentaires: We try to use it as the maintenance management module, for this it is useful in the handling of work orders and documentation, but we could not link it with SAP in any way so we don´t use it 100%

Avantages: If you use it in your company from the beginning, it will be great, because its capacity is robust to cover all the management, both maintenance and human resources, supply chain and asset management.

Inconvénients: If you already have some management software in any of the areas, it does not allow you to link them.

• Publié le 09/08/2018
Bob K.
Maintenance Supervisor/Engineering Tech
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 51-200 employés

"MapCon Lite"

Commentaires: I was very hesitant to purchase such a "low cost" system with the fear of capabilities, reliability and service. That was very short lived after purchasing the system. Not only has the system become a great resource for our company but we have had many of our customers comment and praise our system for the information contained within but also the capabilities that it has. I would recommend this system to anyone needing just the basics of work orders all the way through inventory, payroll, and employee information.

Avantages: The upkeep if very easy to maintain.

Inconvénients: Reports are sometime difficult to create

Bob K.
Maintenance supervisor
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 26/10/2018

"Best system I have ever used."

Commentaires: Since we have started using MapCon, many of our customers that audit us are very impressed with the abilities and reports available either the system. Many of them have called the system out specifically and commended it.

Avantages: Using this software is very easy. If you attend to annual conference you can talk to real people that use this and get so many pointers and ideas that you can implement into your system.

Inconvénients: I run the lite version and the upgrade looks like it may take some getting used to.

• Publié le 26/10/2018
Lara P.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

"Updated Mapcon Technology"

Commentaires: The new version of mapcon is easy to use and maneuver through....work orders, purchase orders ...searching/completing data is quick and painless. Customer support is very quick and helpful with their responses.

Avantages: Easy to use, can manipulate data as needed to search for information.

Inconvénients: Have issues with the grid setting not staying in order - I will adjust as best fits my needs and save but the next time I open the program I have to spend time to adjust again as they go back to default settings.