Avis clients sur Neat

En savoir plus sur Neat

Neat est une solution de numérisation de documents qui améliore la productivité des petites entreprises en automatisant leurs activités comptables.

En savoir plus sur Neat

On the surface, the software provided most of the functions needed to run a small business. The software and hardware were relatively easy to set up.

After Covid and retirement, I no longer need their services. So, I wanted to end my monthly subscription.

Neat - Notes

4,0
3,6
3,8
3,7

Neat a reçu une note globale de 4,0 étoiles sur 5 d'après 100 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Neat ?

Hersh
Hersh
Owner (Hong Kong)
Divertissement, 2-10 employés

Best serive EVER!

Commentaires : Running a bank account with a bank that is actually there for you and is extremely proactive.

I have never ever come across such a flawless experience. Their clean webpage, the efficiency of opening a bank account, the security entailed in it, the professionalism of their compliance, and most of all their exceptional service. You can reply to generic emails they send you, you can contact them on the webpage with any question and they will be there for you. They will get back to you with links and solutions etc. Again, their service is amazing and I am sure anyone will be extremely satisfied working with them. they have a deal with stripe where new startups don't pay stripe fees.

I haven't explored thier integrations yet. Once I do I will update.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for submitting a review! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying Neat! Awesome to know you are utilizing our features and are enjoying the Neat experience!

Dr Marshall
Foundation President & Mayor (Emeritus) (É.-U.)

In converting to the new software from the legacy version I lost all my scans from 2012 to 2016

Commentaires : I receive organized storage & recall of important documents of my enterprises for legal, accounting, privacy, and other business issues.

I like the ability to scan & organize my documents & papers. Parsing & saving to the cloud add to its value. Welcome extras include scan to computer, scan to email, email a scan, and scan to Neat Solutions software. The search feature is a plus as well. I like the ability to zoom in & out on docs, rotate docs & print them.

1) incessant logins required & quite maddening! The software times out way too quickly and requires another log-on to get back where I left off. 2) Unlike your early version I can not double click (or use any command at all) to instantly enlarge the document to full size in order to read the microscopic size characters and numbers on the scanned item therein! 3) I must repeat the entry of repetitive titles of accounts, etc. You eliminated the auto-fill feature that was soo handy! 4) I absolutely HATE the inability to add a scanned supplemental document (scan) to a previous scan that has already been saved!!! YES. We can add more pages to a scan before the batch is saved. Big Deal! 5) It takes forever for a 3 or more page scan to process. If I have multiple scans I go on to do other work between them until "processing" is done. However since I have notes, titles, dates, and categories to type in, I hate to have my train of thought & work flow flubbed up! Any wait for processing to finish invariable results in the need to sign in again....and there's no ability to save the password associated with the log on....the way I can for all my banks & investments. Today we have many ways to quickly & safely enter passwords, so how about it? The preceding was my top 5 intense dissatisfactions relative to the software. Tsk-tsk! You didn't ask about customer support.Dr

il y a 5 ans

Thank you for taking your time to leave your review. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We at Neat understand the need for additional features, such as those that were available on previous versions of the software. Neat is working hard to provide features users found beneficial and soon will be available.

Ralph
CEO (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Data Kidnapping

1,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Holds data effectively hostage and constantly increases subscription cost.

not much. Scans paper and uploads it to the cloud.

There is no functionality to export data other than to export the whole database making it virtually impossible to switch to another system if one has a lot of data.

Emily
Divertissement, 11-50 employés

Recycle your documents and keep an archive on your computer!

Commentaires : It's solved storage space problems with various documents. We keep copies of agreements, employee paperwork, checks, and etc. We used to have huge file cabinet drawers full of various paperwork, however, once we got this software and scanner, we were able to recycle all the documents and organize everything in our computer system in the office. We have cleared up so much storage space using this software alone. This also is more reliable as well, as we are able to look up anything we need and need not worry about losing anything important. It's been helpful to us if we have to look up something for our clients instead of having to sift through papers. It's made customer service a whole lot easier. The organization is simple with this software as well. You can have it stored on your computer and use whatever method of organization you like. If you don't have this, I recommend it.

I love the fact that it can scan double-sided documents without any more effort than single-sided documents. The fact you can scan a variety of sizes from checks, regular paper, to business cards is amazing. It doesn't take much desk space, which is a major plus. It's been helping keep our office organized and help save the planet so that we don't have to keep drawers full of papers, we can scan, recycle, and move on.

There's nothing I don't like about it. Like all other pieces of technology, you may have errors, but those are easy to fix with a re-scan or a simple reboot.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you so much for writing a review! We are glad to hear that you have been staying Neat with us! Keeping you rganized is our goal. Thank you again!

Julie
Formation professionnelle et coaching, Auto-entrepreneur

Good for personal or small-business needs

Commentaires : For the price of a scanner, Neat has provided me with a good solution for simple archiving for many years. Neat stores documents as searchable PDFs, which is its best feature, and overall, Neat suits my needs. However, if I had to use Neat often or intensively, I'd want a more sophisticated program. Its search function has no advanced features and can be downright puzzling. Searches sometimes return lists of results with no obvious relationship to the keyword searched. I think this means "nothing found." Also, Neat cannot send documents directly to a printer or email program. It requires the user to Export and Save before documents become available for action. Nevertheless, since I can usually find what I'm looking for and rarely need to print documents, Neat is a good, economical solution for me.

I like being able to print email and online documents directly to Neat, which stores them as searchable PDF documents.

I dislike two things. 1) The search function is bad and hasn't been upgraded in all the years I've used Neat; and 2) In order to print a stored document, I have to jump through hoops.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for submitting a review! We appreciate the feedback that you have provided. It sounds like you are utilizing our legacy desktop software that has now been retired for quite some time. With the cloud based software that the company has evolved to, a lot of features and functionalities have improved. We are happy that you have been able to utilize the product to your liking and we appreciate you for choosing Neat!

Agriculture, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

A good idea when it started, but they lost their way...

Commentaires : What part of Data hostage should I describe? The reports are bad, but after my legacy crashed, I tried to access my old records and they are unavailable unless I pay for a subscription. The cloud is slow for me, no solution for that, NEAT doesn't care or help. I am actively seeking a better solution, or maybe just a different solution, one that is not just marketing to large cash flows and big margins. My overall experience with the cloud based solution is that for rural areas without high speed internet it is unsatisfactory. Discounting the slow rural as my issue, I was also not impressed with the reporting module. And as a final word, if you need to rely on the images of your scans in an audit, good luck. When I tried to print them the resolution was so bad as to be totally illegible. No IRS auditor will accept them as a valid record unless you are willing to turn your computer over to the IRS so he can see the original scans.

I like the compact scanner hardware, double sided scanning with no extra effort, ability to scan to a PDF or print a scanned PDF to NEAT. I like the ability to scan colored receipts that might not be legible in a grayscale or B/W scan. The scanner is fast, and the initialize button on the scanner itself is pretty handy when scanning a large pile of receipts. The OCR component is fairly accurate, I would say the Legacy OCR is about equivalent in accuracy to the cloud based premium version of 99%. I like that the software reminds you to backup at set intervals (obviously not an issue on the cloud system).

Neat lost their way as a cloud based service. They say safe, I say Expensive. Once you are on their cloud, if you don't pay you lose your records until you do, & they are expensive. I tried the cloud system, but b/c my internet is rural (slow), the throughput was abysmal. I tried a compromise solut'n, NEAT legacy synced to the cloud service. I did this because legacy was written so poorly that it would utilize all of the memory on a large report & then crash. Support tried many times to ascertain the reason for the crashes. They blamed the computer, OS, & the user, never NEAT, & never found a solution. Reinstalled a dozen times, tried three computers w/ 4 versions of Win (Vista, 7, 8 and 10) & 32 Bit & 64 Bit ver of 8 & 10. My thinking was that I could scan & process on legacy & Sync with the cloud for reporting. Wrong...the cloud service had even less flexibility than the half formed legacy software w/ regards to reports. Legacy was rudimentary, the cloud service was worse. Consequently, I dropped the cloud service & muddled along with Legacy for another few years, guess I will again, but I dislike it & the cloud is worse. After Win 10 fall update, legacy fails to init. On a whim I tried to access my old data, surprise, must subscribe. Data hostage. Imagine that! Final note, the scanned images can not be resurrected with a printer due to poor Resolution. I have nothing good to say about NEAT, the few stars I gave are for legacy, not cloud. BUYER BEWARE!

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for submitting a review! We deeply apologize for any inconvenience or miscommunication that was caused. The legacy software that you are referring to has been retired for years now and has not had any updates for quite some time. Neat aslo does not hold any data hostage. All of your data can be stored directly onto your computer. If you do require any additional assistance, please take a look at our retired products community here - https://support.neat.com/retired

Ginger
Ginger
Operations Manager/Bookkeeper (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 2-10 employés

Great if they allowed software not in the cloud

The scanner software is great and the documents scan well

They no longer support a software and want you to store all your scanned documents in the cloud. We only store on our firewall protected server. I'm not paying for document storage so we will use the old software until it will no longer work.

il y a 4 ans

Hi Ginger, Thanks for your review. While we no longer provide updates for the retired software, you are certainly free to continue using it on your computer. We do want to let you know that we provide bank level encryption security for our cloud service and have focused on the cloud because it allows us to provide unlimited storage at no extra cost, access from any web browser to view and share your information, and you can scan from virtually anywhere to the cloud via the Neat mobile app included free with subscriptions to Neat's cloud service. We'll be here whenever you are ready to try Neat's cloud service.

Elwood
Independent Financial Advisor (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 11-50 employés

A key business software.

5,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : I have used Neat since it started in business and rely on it.

I have used Neat Books since it came out and it is key to running my business.

I always shudder when they "upgrade" the software since I then have to learn the new way of doing things. Luckily their client support is excellent.

il y a 10 mois

Thank you for submitting a review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying NeatBooks! We Thank You for choosing Neat!

Safety Director (É.-U.)
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 11-50 employés

Good Product

Commentaires : I use this product daily, very easy to use.

scanning, email, mobile, are all vey good.

logging in once ok, then you get kicked out to often and have to do all over again.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you for submitting a review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the product and are using it daily. Thank you for choosing Neat!

Human Resources Manager (É.-U.)
Cosmétiques, 51-200 employés

Neat

Commentaires : Overall, it's a great product. I have not been using long, but I am more organized than I was before I started using Neat.

I just started using Neat, and I am loving it. It organizes everything, and makes it easy for me to send my information to other software without having to reenter the information. Time saving!

Getting started, for me, was a bit frustrating. I even had a remote access call, and needed more assistance. Of course, I could be a slow learner.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review! We are happy to hear that you are more organized and are enjoying the service that Neat provides. If you do need any additional assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to our support department. Thank you for choosing The Neat company!

Elizabeth

Neat Scanner in the Office

Was able to process 500 business cards in no time to vcards, scan receipts on daily basis, scan documents for clients all the time. This machine is so easy to use. You can change it from 2 sided scan, to a one sided, from color to b/w with just a click of a button. Scans go quickly and easily. On the off-chance one gets hung up the front opens easily and has never shredded my items. Also, love the feature we use at the end of the year to get the sales tax report. Very cool

No cons at this time.

il y a 5 ans

Thank you for taking the time leave us review. We are happy to hear that the scanner has streamlined your processes

Elwood
Independent Financial Adviser (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 11-50 employés

Great expense tracking app

Commentaires : I use the app to track all my personal and business expenses. I am a believer.

I have used Neat I think since it came out and rely on it to track my expenses. I find it especially invaluable at tax time.

They recently "upgraded" the app and I was initially not that happy with the changes. I am slowly learning about the changes and getting more comfortable with them.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for submitting a review! We are happy to hear that you are adjusting to all of the new functionality of Neat. If you ever need assistance, please feel free to schedule a 1:1 training session with one of our support agents. We thank you for choosing Neat and we appreciate you being a loyal customer!

Lee
Owner/Sole Proprietor (É.-U.)
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur

Neat Small Business Solutions

Commentaires : Using Neat for several years now. Just used the reports function for tax purposes and was thoroughly impressed with the output. Something I can simply hand to an auditor, if need be.
The Neat Cloud is a real security blanket. The number of times my computer 'lost' the Neat Data file is too many to count. Knowing my data is in the Neat Cloud is very reassuring.

Scanner works very well and captures text on receipts to populate fields in the document description and database entries.

Difficult to contact support. Neat Data file is lost frequently. Program shuts down unexpectedly at times.

Walter
SE (É.-U.)
Matériaux de construction, Auto-entrepreneur

Lost Data for entire years

Commentaires : Hoping to simplify data accumulation for tax reporting through scans and document recognition software, I used the Neat Software and Hardware for some 10-15 years. Unfortunately the errors and deficiencies caused by Neat and their reckless lack of support cost me more time than I would have spent entering data by hand over these years.

Relatively easy to scan receipts but had to use their proprietary scanners before they allowed PDF scanning.

Neat is absolutely horrible. Over a 10-15 year period, they have lost some 40% of my data. Because of their proprietary system (before they allowed scanning into PDF) they had full control over all data that went through their system. Over the years, they duplicated all my receipts for one particular year. The duplicates had to be removed one by one. They LOST 3 years worth of back up receipts, and even though I sent them FULL copies of all receipts that I backed up (with their proprietary software), they were unable to find the data that they lost. I spent 2 weeks with their Philippine based tech support and they could not help, and then when I sent all the data on a USB drive to their VP of operations, I did not hear from him for over 2 months, and when I finally got a hold of their "service" department, they sent me a full recap of my data but the missing years were still MISSING.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for submitting a review. We have taken a look at your case history and do see that our Head Quarters did attempt to locate any data post 2016. As stated previously, if the data from your hard drive was never backed up to our cloud environment, we would not have a record of that data. The data you backed up from the legacy version of Neat software sent on the USB does not contain any data post 2016. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you again for submitting your review.

Sanace
Télécommunications, 2-10 employés

It does it job

It is easy to use and keeps everything organized in its folder.

the cost is expensive to upgrade and has glitches of errors many times

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for submitting a review! We are happy to hear that you are using the product with ease. Thank you for choosing Neat!

Greg
owner (Canada)
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés

Great for book keeping would love to see the ability to invoice be added to the program

Commentaires : Great for book keeping would love to see the ability to create and send invoices added to the program line up.

sometimes slow to sync

Brad
Construction Division Foreman (É.-U.)

As the name says, "Neat" is just that.

I bought a Neat scanner on a black Friday sale and figured I would give it a try. After setting it up, it became addicting as I scanned in receipts for our small business. It really does a great job organizing and storing receipts on your computer as well as the cloud. It even goes as far as categorizing scans based on type making it easier to access if needed as well as transfer data to QuickBooks.

As with any scanner, sometimes numbers are misread for various reasons. I would highly suggest proof reading scans for errors if using for accounting purposes.

il y a 5 ans

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that we are able to assist you in your digital filing and automation needs. Please feel free to reach out to our technical support department if you have any questions

Kenneth
Vice President (É.-U.)

Scanning made easy

At per month month, I have not found a better cloud-based solution for scanning and saving to the cloud receipts and other important documents.

We would like to see easy integration with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Quicken in previous versions.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Kenneth, we appreciate your review and candid feedback. We are working to include feature parity with previous versions of Neat for our cloud service. If you ever are in need of integration assistance, please let us know and we will reach out.

Sarah
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés

We love using NEAT!

Well, neat lives up to it's name. We use neat for organizing all of our receipts, invoices and packing slips and we create folders so it is very easy to find something!

Honestly, we have only had one problem and I am not sure if it was because of our computer being so old and slow. We found out that a lot of the documents we scanned had actually not scanned or saved, but it was only during that one day we were scanning things in, so it could have been a user error as well.

il y a 4 ans

Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. We are pleased to hear that you had a had a good experience using Neat Products and Services. Please feel to reach out to our technical support department if you find you are need of assistance

Thom
Thom
Founder (R.-U.)

Neat took a huge backward step when they did away with their desktop version

Scanning to a database and having receipts associated with the data. When you do get to work with an actual support person, they're really helpful within the hopeless constraints of the program

Current version is unstable, functionality is hopeless, support appears designed to prevent users access. The company comes over as uber-arrogant with a desperately low level of expertise in their programming department who can't keep up with operating system upgrades

il y a 5 ans

Hi Thom, Thank you for the feedback. While we do admit the most recent version of Neat would be best with feature parity - we are currently working on some product improvements we expect our customers will enjoy. If you ever need assistance, please reach out to support@neat.com and we will contact you right back. Again, we appreciate letting us know how you experience has been thus far.

Brandy
Systems Analyst/IT Project Manager (É.-U.)
Automobile, 10 000+ employés

Neat and Efficient

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Great! Wonderful for filing all business expenses and retaining copies for reference.

Easy to use and works great with Adobe Reader.

Sometimes the program locks up, but I may have an older copy of the software.

l’année dernière

Thank you for submitting a review! We greatly appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear that you are enjoying the application!

Joseph
Owner (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur

Great Support Team!

Commentaires : I had an issue after moving into my new house, where my documents weren't uploading to the cloud. After a quick call to customer service, I learned that I had not set up my wireless on the scanner to match the new router that was installed.

This is a VERY fast machine. It puts my all-in-one scanner to shame!

The software is a little bit hard to figure out, at first.

President and CEO (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 11-50 employés

Have the all in one scanner- Good machine

Have the all-in-one scanner and it works great. Setup was a little tricky with the program I bought it to use with.

A little temperamental. Sometimes I have to reset the machine or the computer to get it to work again.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate the feedback! If your scanner gives you issues in the future, please reach out for additional support here - https://support.neat.com/ Thank you so much for being a loyal Neat customer!

Harry
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur

Great way to tame Receipts

Commentaires : The Neat Scanner makes it so simple to scan and organize those mountains of paper. I had literally boxes of receipts each year to input (one by one). I trust it so much now that I actually scan and discard hard copy into shredder - Now my desk is nice and clean AND everything is sorted, stored and easy to print if I need it! LOVE IT!!!

Ease of use, Easy to edit and categorize.

Took me a long time to order because of cost

Theresa-lynn
Owner (Canada)
Transport routier/ferroviaire, Auto-entrepreneur

Content

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Really good

Its fairly easy to use. I like keeping documents for easy finding

That it doesn't mesh w simply accounting

l’année dernière

Thank you for submitting a review! We appreciate the kind words and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying Neat!