15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur NextGen Office

En savoir plus sur NextGen Office

Obtenez de meilleurs résultats cliniques grâce aux solutions de dossier médical partagé/informatisé de NextGen. Des solutions qui vous aident à fournir des soins de haute qualité.

En savoir plus sur NextGen Office

Avantages :

Their advantage is that it is built for cloud from ground up. It has extensive proprietary APIs and open FHIR integration for interop.

Inconvénients :

The pricing is based on a per physician basis. If you have a provider leave your practice/company, you are not allowed to terminate prior to your next renewal date.

NextGen Office - Notes

Note moyenne

Facilité d'utilisation
3,9
Service client
4,0
Fonctionnalités
3,9
Rapport qualité-prix
3,7

Probabilité de recommander le produit

7,4/10

NextGen Office a reçu une note globale de 4,0 étoiles sur 5 d'après 1 255 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé NextGen Office ?

Partagez vos expériences avec d'autres acheteurs de logiciels.

Filtrer les avis (1 255)

Jacque
Jacque
Medical Billing Manager
Utilisateur LinkedIn vérifié
Cabinets médicaux, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus d'un an
Source de l'avis

Not the best but not the worse

3,0 il y a 4 ans
Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Géovanny
Géovanny
graphic designer (É.-U.)
Utilisateur LinkedIn vérifié
Design graphique, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 6 à 12 mois
Source de l'avis

NextGen Office: A Powerful Work Tool for Increased Productivity

5,0 l’année dernière

Avantages :

NextGen Office m'offre une puissance de travail accrue grâce à ses nombreux avantages tels que des fonctionnalités avancées, une interface conviviale et une compatibilité avec de nombreux formats de fichiers

Inconvénients :

NextGen Office experiences occasional problems requiring restarts

ahmed
founder (Maroc)
Design graphique, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus d'un an
Source de l'avis

gestion

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : me facilite le travail

Avantages :

facilité d'utilisation et simple pour les administrations

Inconvénients :

je trouve pas d'inconvénients au contraire

Yassine
Cadre (France)
Urbanisme et architecture, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 1 à 5 mois
Source de l'avis

Bon sevrvice

3,0 il y a 8 mois

Avantages :

Produits facile à utiliser . Il nous aide à simplifier le processus

Inconvénients :

Non je vois qu'il bon et très utile pour moi

Utilisateur vérifié
Utilisateur LinkedIn vérifié
Administration publique, 51–200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 1 à 5 mois
Source de l'avis

NextGen the best Office

5,0 l’année dernière

Avantages :

Toute les caractéristiques souhaitées vous les trouverez dans ce logiciel. Avec sa simplicité d'utilisation, NextGen Office est incomparable avec d'autres applications.

Inconvénients :

A mon avis, NextGen Office me parait complet et je suis très satisfait de son utilisation. J'en conseille même toute personne ayant besoin de l'avoir.

Omar
Omar
IT Manager (Égypte)
Utilisateur LinkedIn vérifié
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51–200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 6 à 12 mois
Source de l'avis

A Perfect NextGen Solution for Small Independent Practices

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : It is a great addition for our small independent polyclinic and we are quite happy with how it has increased our productivity.

Avantages :

What is most prominent is a User friendly design focused on registering the patient and updating his status.Hassle free alert system with analytics designed for all types of procedures.Support for the program is strictly within the US and they offer hands on authentic support.

Inconvénients :

It was overwhelming the redundant amount of features they have available which may take a while to sift through and fully adapt.It is not very customizable and felt a little flimsy in that department.

Isaiah
Isaiah
CEO (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus de deux ans
Source de l'avis

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

One of the best EHR Vendors around

5,0 il y a 4 ans

Commentaires : I have had a wonderful experience with this software and it's auxiliary products. Even when things don't go as expected their customer support has been on top of it.

Avantages :

I like the immediate transition of the company since the new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has taken over. Their commitment to customer success with new edge technologies has been a great shift and kept me as a customer.

Inconvénients :

I dislike the fact that they don't have a bigger stack in the hospital industry of healthcare. I think this needs to change particularly with their api and interoperability stack.

Utilisateur vérifié
Utilisateur LinkedIn vérifié
Cabinets médicaux, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus de deux ans
Source de l'avis
Source : GetApp

Incompetence with revenue cycle team and poorly built EMR

3,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Poor. Been with this EMR for over 5 years and it seems to get worse every year. When you point out problems they just refer you to a different "team" within nextgen and this process continues while mistakes continue to be made. Very poor communication.

Avantages :

Its relatively cheap, however you get what you pay for...

Inconvénients :

Recurrent multiple mistakes by billing side (revenue cycle), very poor communication. Multiple teams handle your account but none of these teams communicate with each other causing recurrent mistakes and constant oversight by the user

Réponse de l'équipe de NextGen Healthcare

il y a 2 semaines

We hear your frustration. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. The experience you describe falls far short of the high standards we set for ourselves. If you are open to a live conversation, I would welcome learning additional details. Please email me at coedwards@nextgen.com with some time options that work for you, and we’ll set up a call. Thank you so much. Sincerely, Colleen Edwards

patti
Controller (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 201–500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus d'un an
Source de l'avis

NextGen is a great option for your medical billing needs.

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Overall, I had a great experience with NextGen. The report features were nice in that you can save and share the reports amongst other users.

Avantages :

The software is user friendly. I liked the reporting function and the ease of creating and sharing reports.

Inconvénients :

Some of the data could be misconstrued based on the various date options within NextGen. For example, there were transaction dates, dates of service and dates of entry.

Utilisateur vérifié
Utilisateur LinkedIn vérifié
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 11–50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 6 à 12 mois
Source de l'avis

NextGen Office, still a leader in patient/physician communication!

4,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : I am generally pleased with NextGen Office. Like any EHR system, it has its advantages and disadvantages, but I find that NextGen Office strikes a good balance between user-friendliness and cost-effectiveness.

Avantages :

One of its strong points is the ease with which I can complete patient notes during examinations.

Inconvénients :

The only downside I've encountered is related to system upgrades or maintenance performed over weekends. This sometimes leads to issues like slowness and screen freezes when we return to work on Mondays. The most recent incident occurred this past weekend but was eventually resolved on Monday, albeit causing some delays.

Alberto
sales support (Italie)
Produits alimentaires, 11–50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 6 à 12 mois
Source de l'avis

It is not perfect but it works

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Avantages :

NextGen Office software offers a comprehensive suite of customizable features, from appointment scheduling to billing and revenue cycle management. It provides consistent and efficient practice management, making check-in, billing, collections, and AR processes seamless. The transition between Practice Management and EHR is smooth, enhancing usability.

Inconvénients :

I find NextGen Office's EHR to be increasingly disorganized over time, lacking crucial bug fixes and addressing user-requested improvements. It needs streamlined features like automated filtering for unpaid claims and easier claim attachment and review processes. The excessive tabs, scrolling, and button-clicking in the system's layout design are inefficient and don't optimize screen space.

Tracy
Nurse Practitioner (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus d'un an
Source de l'avis

Disappointed

3,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Overall I'm disappointed and it seems overpriced. I like the custom forms, knowledge database, and templates. I am comfortable with technology and know with a little work the software could be better but I don't think anyone cares. Tech support is slow and you must log into a web site to post issues so you need to log back in to find a response. If it weren't so difficult to change, I would but don't want to go through it again.

Avantages :

Support/Training Access. Almost anything you might have questions about is available in the knowledge database. The interactive training videos are very helpful.Custom Forms. Adding custom forms is easy.Visit Templates. It allows one to save common visit notes.

Inconvénients :

Inaccurate error messages. For example, if a patient's address is not entered and you try to send a prescription, it gives an error message about the sig. It took forever for me to realize why this happened. Reported but support did not correct or seem to care.Tech support. To request a new feature/additional service, you must contact the sales rep. I wanted 4 months for a response to adding a second lab.Radiology orders. To order tests I must go into the admin area and add the test with the CPT code the first time. The tests aren't built in during setup so ordering a test you haven't ordered before is time consuming. The longer you use it the better it is but these should be built into the system.New patient. When adding a new patient, if they have a family member already registered with the same insurance, it forces you to use the existing profile and this doesn't always work so you are forced to start over. Claims. The process is time consuming. Inconsistent fields. For example, the date field on one form allows one to type in the date and automatically advances to the next field but on other forms one needs to tab from month to date, on anther a form pops up and you must click the month, day and year.

Tina
Tina
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Utilisateur LinkedIn vérifié
Cabinets médicaux, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus d'un an
Source de l'avis

Pros and Cons

3,0 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : The only thing that it really solved is my doctor can dictate his note into the system the way he wanted to. But as far as the PM side, I would not choose this software again. It's not streamlined or user friendly as the demo's show and through training.

Avantages :

I purchased this software a little over a year ago and I still struggle with it from the PM side. The EHR side I do not work with a lot personally but my staff and doctors seem to like it pretty good. The scheduler is easy to read. Billing has a lot ways to track denials, rejections etc.

Inconvénients :

There are a lot of things that could be improved with the billing side. So many steps to make any corrections with payment postings. Constantly have to go from keyboard to clicking with the mouse instead of just clicking the "enter" key. May seem trivial but it does interrupt the stream of things.

Gabriel
Gabriel
Clinical Psychology & Neuropsychology Doctoral Intern (É.-U.)
Utilisateur LinkedIn vérifié
Enseignement supérieur, 201–500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus de deux ans
Source de l'avis

Epic > NextGen

3,0 il y a 5 ans

Avantages :

The software allows to you maintain a daily appointment book, while at the same time letting you keep track of a caseload of patients.

Inconvénients :

This software does not often run smoothly. It freezes and there is always someone in the workplace having an issue. Also, adding new patients can be confusing.

Kelsey
Customer service representative (É.-U.)
Services aux consommateurs, 51–200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 1 à 5 mois
Source de l'avis

User friendly

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : I believe this is a good product I definitely use it to its fullest potential!

Avantages :

It’s easy to use and your able to reset it as fast tosay

Inconvénients :

Lag time while loading inside the application. Which then causes dekk lmk hhec

Afshin
MD, MBA (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus d'un an
Source de l'avis

Difficult EMR to use, even more difficult to get rid of - Poor customer service, poor tech support

1,0 il y a 5 ans

Commentaires : Do your research before purchasing this EMR, because once you sign up with them, it is very difficult to get rid of it. They make it very difficult to sever the ties with them, and costly to obtain your patients' records and will continue to charge you if you have authorized them to withdraw the monthly subscription from your credit card, which might be related to the lack of communication between their different departments, but nevertheless amounts to harassment and lots of time wasted disputing those withdrawals with your bank.
I also got charged twice in 1 month last year, and still waiting for a response from their accounting department to get a refund for the overcharge (despite multiple emails)
If you use their efax service, make sure you get a list of efaxes you have received to verify the overage fees they charge you (so far they have not sent me the list of efaxes and continue to charge me for overage each month despite the fact I have canceled my services)

Avantages :

My biller felt the practice management/billing side of meditouch/NextGen office was about average but the issues with the EMR made this product impossible and ended up switching EMR

Inconvénients :

I started my subscription with meditouch/Health fusion, later changed name to NextGen office. The software is a billing platform with an EMR tacked on to it. I had used various EMRs during residency and in a group practice and this is the absolute worst product, most rigid software with lots of clicks and not user-friendly. Just reviewing a lab result is a hassle, needing to go in and out of the chart note, with numerous clicks in between. On several occasions, I noticed Meditouch glitching and chart associated with the labs belonged to another patient, therefore had to double check all the time, an issue that I had never encountered with any other EMR (EPIC, Cerner ambulatory, Praxis, even NextGen Enterprise etc.) Once the sales-person had sold the subscription to me he would not return my phone calls, and customer service was practically non-existent. Eventually got assigned a new contact person who was a lot more responsive but unable to solve any of the product related, customer service related or billing related issues. Eventually, I switched EMR, and canceled my subscription with NextGen and received a confirmation that my services were discontinued, but their billing department continued to charge my credit card on file. Make sure not to sign any authorization for the billing department to charge your credit card. In order to export my patients' data to my new EMR, NextGen wanted $ 5000. My new EMR (Praxis) transferred the data for a fraction of the price.

Margaret
É.-U.
Services financiers
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni
Source de l'avis
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Professional billing service review of this software

2,5 il y a 10 ans

Avantages :

What I like best is that it is cloud-based. I also like that I can scan and upload documents to the patient's chart, and when you pull up a patient, you can pretty much see all the information on your patient regarding demographics, insurance, authorizations, and what is outstanding.

Inconvénients :

There are many things I do not like about this product. Posting secondary payments is a hassle. You end up having to manually post most of the secondaries because this software gives your claim a new ID each time the claim is submitted. Even if paid by the primary and you create a secondary claim, there's a new claim #. This causes the secondary ERA payment to not know where to post the money. The claim number should stay the same for the life of that claim. Also, they tell you that you can look up the claim easily when posting a secondary claim by doing an advanced search by the patient's name. Most of the time, this is not the case. You end up having to click on multiple pages to find the claim number so you can post the payment. I also am not a fan of the reports and the lack of filtering. Our sales guy told us that the software reports could be customized and if there was a report we wanted, we only had to ask. If there was an enhancement we wanted, we only had to ask. However, I can't even pay for a report or enhancement. When I ask for any enhancement, I am told it is not possible or that it will become part of the list, which never gets looked at apparently. Even the most simple request don't happen. For example, if an authorization is not active any longer, this should not print up on an authorization report forever. This causes the report to become gigantic. They will tell you that you can filter these things out yourself, but that is extremely tedious, especially after using the software over a long period of time and especially if this is a report you need to use every week. Another thing about the reports is that many of them are not live. If you do work today, you can not see what is accurate until the next day. The reports will show you what was what as of close of business yesterday. Also, the salesman told us that they worked with almost every insurance company and therefore we would be able to check claim status, track claims, check eligibility, referrals. This was a large exaggeration. They have maybe five insurance companies that can do 1/2 of that. Customer service is sometimes slow to respond, and they usually don't give very helpful answers when you send a written inquiry. The best thing to do is to call. But even then, they might not be able to help you because what you want, they simply don't have available. Also the fee slips you will have available to use from their system are terrible. The options are very limited, and the font is extremely small and hard to read. I am a billing service, and all of my offices complained. When I asked if the font could be enlarged, I was told no, even though there was much room on the slip that was not used. Training on this software was pretty much train yourself. You are allow three one-hour phone training sessions. You are given a lot of homework to do on your own first. If you can not make your appointment promptly, they will cancel it. If you are at your appointment but waiting on them, that is a different story. You have to do much of the setup with this software on your own, and it is not as simple as they would have you believe, especially exporting data from the old software to the new. They will tell you that if you can use an Excel spreadsheet, you can do it yourself. I had expert Excel spreadsheet staff do this for me, and it took forever to get it done. It was a nightmare and very expensive. This is because there are many requirements that are very vague. They offer pretty much no help. If you have to resubmit a claim multiple times, all the claims get new claim numbers, and the claims you do not want stay in the claim history. This causes what you are looking at to be confusing. Even if you just have to resubmit a claim because the insurance says they do not have it on file, it stays on claim history with a new claim number. Finally, when you have your insurances loaded in your payer list, they do not load with the addresses or phone numbers. You have to do this manually. Even when you do this and you want to print your aging report or work, the report shows without the insurance phone number or address. This is a large inconvenience when working your aging. It is also very hard to separate your insurance companies.

Simone
Doctor (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus de deux ans
Source de l'avis
Source : SoftwareAdvice

I must be missing something....

1,0 il y a 9 ans

Avantages :

It does have medical diagnostic tools like the Vanderbilt already included as well as an Asthma action plan/Asthma control test and several other questionnaires that are rather necessary in primary care as well as collates the information (i.e you can compare today's Vanderbilt score with their last Vanderbilt score without having to hunt down that note). However, true to NextGen's form, the things that worked really, really well (like having the school physical form be automatically populated with the vaccines), they have somehow succeeded in completely screwing up, making the very, very few good things about NextGen a rapidly diminishing anomaly.

Inconvénients :

Where do I start??? Having to input data several different locations, it is SLOW and every single thing you want to do has to open a new window (read between the lines and understand that in an already slow program, every page you open has to load) and with all of the windows you open, there's no way to minimize them to go to another screen i.e you can't minimize the medications so that you can review the patient's last lipid panel, TSH, blood pressure, etc. You would have to close the medication module, open the orders module to review the lab then go back to the medication module and open it to make any medication changes. And if you want to make any medication changes or do any documentation at all, you have to have an open encounter and none of the encounters are labelled in any sort of orderly fashion so you have to open each encounter to find out where you put anything (again, think of each page having to load/open and taking 5-10 sec each). Medications: you have to associate a diagnosis with every single medication if you are a provider which is an awesome idea except that if you haven't previously entered that diagnosis, you can't actually save your medication and go back to it, you have to close out of the medication module, enter the diagnosis into the assessment and then go back into the medication module and re-enter all the same information again. Labs: there is no way to save quick phrases or phrases you use frequently so that conveying test results is, on a great day, a lengthy and painful process. Also, if you want to know how your current lab value compares with the previous ones, you have to open up the patient's chart and go into the order module. Entering orders: again, if the proper diagnosis isn't there, you can't save your work and open something quick to pop the diagnosis in, you have to lose all of your orders, "X" out of that screen, open up the assessment screen then go back to whichever area you were in (another lovely thing: everything is separated so putting in lab orders is separate from putting in diagnostic studies which is in a different tab than putting in referrals which is in a different tab than any clinic orders (like toradol, PPD, u/a, etc). Also, if you are ordering any sort of medication to be given in the clinic (like Toradol), if you forget to add that it's a medication, it deletes the order and you have to start all over. Various names depending on the section: sometimes it's filed under Pulmonary, sometimes it's filed under Lung, sometimes it's filed under Respiratory...and the sections aren't in any kind of order either. The routine way physicians document an exam is starting with constitutional and working your way down. Nope. Not in Nextgen. The main page of the physical exam has One Page Exam, then constitutional, then diabetic foot exam, then ears, (separate from) nose/mouth/throat then neck/thyroid then breast (huh????) on down. However, if you open up a quick-note [great concept if it worked but the software doesn't actually recognize anything is in any particular field (i.e. HPI, Physical exam) and ROS doesn't even save...so if you try to calculate the code it always comes up as a 99212)] and you want to modify the exam at all (because if you go into the one page exam and enter anything, because it doesn't actually recognize there is data there, it deletes everything except what you've just entered) you go into the "Additional" tab where the headings are (I kid you not) Neck/Thyroid then Breast then Psych then Ears then Constitutional then Respiratory then Nose/Mouth/Throat then Musculoskeletal then One Page Exam then Cardiovascular then GU then Abdomen the Skin/Hair then Head/Face then Eyes then Lymphatic then Vascular then Extremities then Rectal then Back/Spine then Neurological and on... The ROS starts with Cardiovascular and marches on down to end with Respiratory and then Vascular and one might think it was alphabetical except Reproductive is sandwiched between Immunologic and Metabolic/Endocrine. ROS: Since I brought up the review of systems, let's stop there for a moment. There are not things listed that a patient would say; they start out strong but then in Respiratory they include things like "Known TB exposure" (not really ROS but rather PMH or even HPI) and under Cardiovascular they include "Claudication" (not likely something a patient is going to complain about) and my personal favorite, under the female ROS is "Abnormal Pap smear." While there is the ability to pick "Other," most often the drop down menu that is supplied is a restatement of the things in the first menu so you have to hit escape and just type in your own words (or the patient's words). And on top of all of this, it has the audacity to be glitchy. One of the things it does for me is, even when I've entered an assessment, sometimes it doesn't recognize that it's there and then tells me to enter an assessment...news flash: because of the way the software is set up, you can't enter a plan without an assessment there, so if I got to the screen where I could enter a plan...clearly there's an assessment there...however, you can't argue with a computer... I titled this "I must be missing something" because if you go to their web page, they've got all these awards that they've won, etc and I just don't see how anyone could award them for anything. This software is abysmal at best and, if I leave my current place of employment it will be because of THIS. Not my boss, not the patients, not the money, the EHR. And this was adapted because the Illinois Primary Health Care Group that is over all of the FQHCs thought that this was the best option for Health centers that are taking care of a challenging population who needs things to be easier for them not more challenging. And with this software, I am more likely to miss things that need to be done because EVERYTHING is on a separate page and with 15 minute visits, who has time to do all that with a slow EHR??? Funny thing is, there's an update that may have fixed several of these issues but you can't task anymore so we can't upgrade. That would mean that every time you needed your nurse to do something, you couldn't send it to her, every time you wanted the front desk to schedule something you couldn't send it to them, every time you needed a follow up lab or test ordered, you couldn't send it to anyone to call the patient and do it. So either I'm missing something HUGE or the people who are evaluating NextGen and give it anything better than "Epic FAIL" are either working for the company or involved with someone who works for the company. My new analogy has become: if I did my job as well as they did theirs, I would be in prison for Manslaughter....

Eric
Doctor (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus de deux ans
Source de l'avis
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Just as bad or worse than any other EHR

1,0 il y a 8 ans

Avantages :

communicates with my billing company, but I could just fax a superbill just as easily. does insurance eligibility checks, does eRx (but is often difficult to find the pharmacy unless you know the exact zip code, sometimes doesn't find the pharmacy at all, like Safeway's)

Inconvénients :

Wow, there is so much not to like... Word searching for ICD10 codes, past medical history and problem lists returns hundreds of search items that have absolutely nothing to do with the words being searched. Also, if you enter the words out of the order in which they would appear, you will never find them. Social History is much more than whether a person drinks alcohol or smokes. There is no way to put in valuable details of a patient's social history and automatically include it in your notes. A lot gets lost by having to adhere to some stupid engineer's formatting. Same with past medical/surgical/obstetric histories-you cant add any valuable details to anything (like which knee was replaced and what happened after their concussion, etc). The charting is so useless that I have given up and gone back to paper charting. I start an encounter just to put my billing through. Health Maintenance: I can't enter that a patient refuses to do a colonoscopy or mammogram. All I can do is "disable" that patient from being counted for meaningful use. Poor formatting: while they tout being iPad friendly, each page has lots of unused space, so there is a lot of scrolling just to enter data or get to the save button (and if you don't press save, you lost it). More poor formatting: entering vitals->information is so spread out that it takes two screens to enter. AND peak flow is on the first screen while height and weight are on the second "additional information" screen. Which is more important? Also watch out for the backspace button, sometimes it works like you would expect, and other places you will get logged out and lose all of what you were doing.

June
LPN/nextgen admin (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51–200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus de deux ans
Source de l'avis
Source : SoftwareAdvice

9 Years with NextGen

4,0 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : NextGen is a robust EHR that seems to offers solutions for all aspects of medical documentation including Practice Management for patient scheduling and billing. They are excellent with keeping up to date with the Regulatory, Prescribing, and Meaningful Use aspects that are required. There are calls and news letters to keep the clients informed of any upcoming changes or updates. No EHR is perfect. All have pro's and con's. We have had the opportunity to change software in the past but after consideration we decided to stay with NextGen for many reasons including cost and meeting our needs. I would recommend this software to others!

Avantages :

We have been using this product for several years now. After looking at several other EMR's NextGen seems to be more user friendly than others I have seen. There is a lot of "clicking" and navigation to be done to complete a chart but it seems to be the same with all EHR's. NextGen offers recorded trainings, WebEx and onsite trainings to get the most out of the product. Support is quick to return calls when a ticket is opened for technical assistance or if you just need help with a workflow issue. We have integration/interfaces with several other products and all work really well together.

Inconvénients :

Providers would like to see "more intuitive" templates. There are some templates that you cannot print from that would be of help, for instance the Vital Sign Graph.

Marta
Pediatrician (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 1 à 5 mois
Source de l'avis
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Great experience

4,0 il y a 5 ans

Commentaires : This software is excellent in general, it has freed a lot of my time since I have customized it.

Avantages :

Once you customize documents, questionnaires, custom forms, physical exam information - it simplifies your work and you can be more efficient. Easy to customize once you learn how - my previous software took me long hours for several months to fix and even then it was not so easy, I had to keep typing additional data for my office notes. Saves time creating paper super-bills ( with my previous software I had to do it manually for every patient, then give it to the biller to post it), here once you close your note, the claim is actually ready to post... faster payments. The chief complaint has many set up questionnaires that are easy to use by staff and helps the health provider to quickly review the concerns, facilitates the interview, simplify the provider's work. Billing - has many ways to see the claims. Recall list for follow ups, blood tests, etc - once you order a test that is a follow up or in your note you document the follow up... automatically show in the recall list. Nice appearance of the finalized progress notes, many of the areas are automatically saving and you do not have to worry about losing your data. At the end of the day, you can review open encounters to make sure you finalized all your notes. Interfaces with labs and vaccine registries are available and work very well. Labs show automatically - there are icons on top of the page that make easy to find labs, tasks, messages, prescription requests, etc.

Inconvénients :

Unable to see several tabs or pages at once, you need to save and close what you are doing to go some other part of the chart or if you need to open other patient's chart at the same time you are with one patient in the room - same applies for the PM portion and it is time consuming because you can not multitask.

Shirley
Services financiers, 11–50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : 1 à 5 mois
Source de l'avis
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Not what we were hoping for

2,0 il y a 7 ans

Commentaires : We have about eight months into this software and are still struggling with very basic issues such as claims not making it to the carrier and reports not functioning to our (or our clients') level of expectation. I cannot report on many fields in the system and despite being told in the beginning that their reporting tool was being enhanced and we could report on individual fields, and spend additional money to export data so we could create our own reports.
Clients are increasingly frustrated with inability to get eligibility checks on many of their common carriers and to get anything much beyond just confirmation of coverage (not outline of actual benefits, etc.) Collections module is clunky and we have not found it to be effective.
On the upside, claims entry is fairly simple, and auto posting is a breeze, as is data entry of patient information.

Avantages :

Autoposting is fantastic. We find it does it correctly close to 100% of the time. When the system cannot effectively autopost, it "flags" the RA so that you can address it individually. When we initially converted, we found that importing patient demographics was refreshingly simple and something we could do on our own without additional costs. Patient demographics are easy to enter and maintain.

Inconvénients :

Reporting is completely ineffective. Canned reports don't balance against each other, and it's hard to quantify values. Not much assistance from Customer Service, although they do try to be helpful. EDI process has been nothing short of challenging. From enrollment issues in the beginning to claims submission and follow-up issues, we are finding as we work AR several months later we're still having issues with some of our claims from early on which can't seem to arrive at the payer, despite acceptance confirmation from Healthfusion/ENS. It's costing us hours of time on the phone and lost productivity. We also cannot actually see the acceptance reports and are told we can't have access to those because they're in larger batches, which again creates additional phone calls and work on our part.

Kari
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus d'un an
Source de l'avis
Source : SoftwareAdvice

I love MediTouch PM Software

5,0 il y a 8 ans

Avantages :

I love the A/R features. I love how fast I get paid by commercial vendors. I love how intuitive it is on helping avoid claim issues. I did not have any issues with implementation. I have had nothing but good experience with support. We have had this EMR for over a year (and I have dealt with a few) and this is by far the best I've used. We have not had any issues with it going down. We have called when we have thought the system was down and they have guided use through issues with browsers, internet speed etc. So we were always glad we called, problems solved when we thought it was on their end. Yes, claim eligibility check is only on some providers but if you get to know how to use it more in depth it can be VERY helpful in further info not just for eligibility but for knowing primary care provider etc. I have had ZERO issues with auto post and yes, I have double checked. I also really like their statement service, I review each statement before I "send" them to them to send for me but no more issues with bad addresses etc and well worth the money. Their "help" section is great. The help sheets are AWESOME. I email support more than I've ever called them and they send me helpsheets when I can't find them.

Inconvénients :

I would like a better way to weed out the non paid lines with auto post instead of dumping them all to the appeal bucket. I would like to be able to attach a claim to the billing comments and be able to send them to another employee to review. I wish that I could upload our own forms to save in the system- I do not like the forms library at all, pretty well worthless to us, I would like it if I could upload, name our files and use it that way.

Jonathan
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni
Source de l'avis
Source : SoftwareAdvice
1,5 il y a 11 ans

Commentaires : I am a Pulmonologist in a busy private subspecialty practice. I have experience using several diffeent electronic health records. Our practice has been using the NextGen product for more than 7 years--so I can speak as a battle tested user of this product. There are certainly some advantages to using any decent electronic health record including access to outpatient records across campus, handling of phone calls, archiving of information, etc. However, the NexGen product has a long, long way to go to catch up. For communication with other physicians the product is atrocious. Computer generated notes are laden with typographical errors, grammatical errors, truncated sentences, and at times gross inaccuracies. For instance, our current template for physical examination puts no output into the office note for the pulmonary exam (and this is for a busy pulmonary practice!). Here is a recent example of text from a COPD follow up note template: Reason(s) for Visit:
1. COPD - routine follow-up -The patient is seen in follow-up for COPD. The COPD - routine follow-up began since the last office visit. The COPD - routine follow-up has worsened. It occurs daily. The patient rates the severity of the symptoms as mildly severe. Symptom is aggravated by moderate activity. Symptoms relieved by resting and sitting. ....
On top of this there are nonsensical changes of font size and style in midsentence that make office documents look like ransom notes. I care about the quality of my written work, so I literally spend hours each, most of our template improvements are wiped out. In my view, NextGen was clearly built first as a billing instrument, not as robust tool to promote all aspects of physician practice. The awards are certainly not for the quality of office notes or layout of screens for the enduser. Labs do not import into notes. Micro reports are difficult to read and necessitate scrolling through multiple windows. Data trending graphs are clunky, improperly scaled and often misplotted. As a practice group, we have tried to work with the NexGen programmers and have been very dissatisfied over 7 years with their lack of responsiveness and seeming inability to fix identified problems. Often when one problem is solved many more are created. As a result, our practice has invested a large amount of funding to support a local programmer to try to correct many of basic flaws in the software that should be part of the package out of the box. Unfortunately, with major system upgrades most of our template improvements have been wiped out.

Echo
Director of Operations (É.-U.)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni
Source de l'avis

Wide improvements over the last two years

4,0 il y a 8 ans

Commentaires : I've been working with NextGen EHR in a clinical setting with multiple specialties since 1999. As a Health Informatics EHR consultant, I have the opportunity to support practices internationally and am exposed to numerous EHRs. NextGen is amongst my top 3 favourites.
PROS: NextGen is fairly intuitive. It is easy to navigate through an encounter and locate the tools you need to manage your patient's care. The EHR offers a progressive workflow so you won't need to jump around between disjointed tabs or sections of the EHR to document an encounter or procedure. From one set of templates you can work through an entire encounter with every component readily available - SOAP/APSO, Care Coordination, patient communication and so on. Within easy reach is the ability to order and manage diagnostic and lab tests, immunizations, and monitor preventive milestones. There are many opportunities to view and manage common areas of the patient record so you won't need to jump out of an encounter to review medications, allergies, chronic problems, or medical histories - just to name a few. NextGen accommodates multiple specialties ranging from Primary Care, Behavioral Health, surgical specialties, and optometry and so on. Best of all, there are plenty of time-saving tools that work like Macros build, then load when applicable to a patient or encounter. This includes frequently reached for medications, phrases, treatment plans, PE and ROS findings...even an entire SOAP note for common complaints. Using these tools is often easier than dictation. NextGen is certified across all Regulatory Healthcare measures.
CONS: No doubt, this is an expensive product. Their implementation process is a nightmare. In my humble opinion, their Implementation process often lacks focus and project plans given to new clients are cookie-cutter and not at all relevant to the client's organizational needs. Milestones and deliverables tend to fall short. Training is oft left to tedious eLearning modules and recorded webinars. This is no way to learn a system as adaptive as NextGen and organizations adopting this as their EHR will find themselves frustrated long after go-live. I can't stress enough the importance of in-depth, workflow specific training, customized to how you do business.
SUMMARY: No EHR is perfect. But, out of the box this EHR will likely serve your needs and, with adequate training, you will find that physician adoption may be surprisingly high.

Craig
Podiatrist/owner/CEO (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 11–50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : plus de deux ans
Source de l'avis

NextGen Healthcare

4,0 il y a 4 ans

Commentaires : It has been generally good. I have looked at switching multiple times but have not made that switch so they have kept me for about 5 years.

Avantages :

It is on the cloud. It is a comprehensive package in that it integrates the clinical side with the billing side. They do update on a regular basis. My understanding is that they get back to questions reasonably. I don't do this myself.

Inconvénients :

User interface has a lot of little things that could improve the clinical side. (This is what I use the most.) Downtime is a huge thing as everything in the office is dependent on this being up and going. I feel there are way too many times it is slowed or even crashes. It used to be on a regular basis on a certain day and seemed to correspond to update notifications. Maybe quality control of updates or implementation has improved but now it is less consistent but still much more common than it should be.