When my growing company was unable to answer "Where is my stuff questions?" I knew we needed help

Publié le 05/07/2018
Greg K.
Plan Commission Member
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Powerful data management tools to allow me to run my business no matter where i am at.

Avantages: ShopWorks does not try to replicate how my mind works to run my decorated apparel business it takes daily best practices from hundreds of the most PROFITable decorators in the industry and gives me the tools to run my business better. During my research I thought I was looking for software that processed like our clip board and NCR paper order forms did. Boy was I wrong, we could have never grown to be an industry leader without the robust data management power that SW brought to our workflow. SW is a great example of "garbage in yields garbage out", to get the most out of your SW investment you must have strong management and a commitment to proven data entry procedures to get the most our of SW. The best example I can think of is when a customer calls and says I want to place a re-order but I don't have the PO, I don't remember the garment style or when I bought them but the shirt had a killer design with a patriotic eagle on it with our company name. If you SOP requires a naming convention the names the purchaser, the main 2 elements of the design along with the date you can find the requested information in just a few key strokes. If you get lazy and name the art "final proof back" you are back to the GIGO thing. Another few keystrokes and you are sending a proof to the customer with an order approval for their signature. Their is no way we could run our very successful contract decorating business without SW or something just a powerful.

Inconvénients: Shopworks is like Photoshop or many CAD programs, I bought it for a few key features and we use those hundreds of time each week on each work station. I know I bought and paid for much more power than those key features but have yet to find the time to fully explore all the bells and whistles SW provides I am also quite frankly tired of hearing other users trash the accounting look of SW. My accountant would love for me to simply export a pretty QB end of period but SW has the same info to satisfy the IRS, my bank, my financial planner and me as the business principal. The accounting principals I have learned have made me a better business owner.

On Site has enabled us to be ahead of the competition, as far as what we offer for Customer Service.

Publié le 29/03/2018
John R.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has allowed us to be more efficient in all aspects of our company.
From order entry , through production, shipping and invoicing.
The support you have on Line as well as the Tech Service you receive is worth it.
You are not hanging out on a limb after your purchase. Every company runs into IT problems of some sort. With On Site you may be down, but you won't be down for long.

Avantages: It allows us to give our customers real time information. Reports are generated by every dept. in my shop which help keep them up to speed on what information they need to know on a daily basis. For scheduling production, there is not an easier program out there. As a shop management tool it will track your jobs from door to door. Creating owner reports on financials and individual customer tracking information it has proved invaluable. I can now in a few minutes pull numbers I need to make sound decisions. I use the add-on modules as well, like Manage Orders and Proof Stuff. These have proven to be a great advantage for us in a very competitive screen printing market. The Library of videos is very helpful for training new employees as well as a refresher course for others.

Inconvénients: My only Con to this program would be on the accounting end of things. We have merged to the accounting module 3 years ago now. Previously we were on Quick Books which is pretty much made for dummies. To operate some of the reports and ledger entries you need a better understanding of accounting. And some of the reports in QB you can click on entries and the program automatically takes you to where that entry was made. Example: if you were reviewing a Profit and Loss statement, you could click on an account named "Misc. Revenue" and it would show what the make up of that account is. In On Site you can find the information but it takes a bit longer and is not straight forward.

Onsite helped us get organize and gain control over our production, we went from stress to calm.

Publié le 29/03/2018
Shaul N.
Support client

Avantages: It's custom made for my industry, screen printing and decorated promo products. I like that it combines the power of a database with the visuals needed to see designs. Onsite helped transform our shop from chaos and stress to an organized calm shop. Now we all use the same system, when the garments arrive, the shipping receiving person marks the goods received and the status turns green, when production is done that status turns green. This means a rep can sit at his desk and when a customer calls he or she knows exactly what is happening with the order. I like that everything is integrates, designs, purchasing, production, accounting, customers, suppliers. All the data is searchable and we can make custom searches to always find what we need. The screen printing department has a search for 'All Screen Printing Not Done', once they see that list can see which jobs have the design done and the garments arrived, those jobs are ready to be put on the press. Every department has these kind of lists. The people at Shopworx are very friendly and responsive, they take feedback from thousands of customers and integrate it to the version. Onsite helped us grow while maintain control.

Inconvénients: The toughest things with Shopworks was the accounting, it took a while to get it to wok for us the way we wanted it. Now it's woking great for us. This was nine years ago so I'm sure things are smoother now.

We have used OnSite since 1997 & give it the highest rating possible because it delivers non-stop.

Publié le 20/03/2018
Jeff G.
Impression, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This software runs our business from incoming orders, the art process, purchasing, receiving, production, shipping and invoicing. We have two locations and 13 users that all run through one server in real time. It helps us plan how much to schedule on a given day and exactly were in the process we are, instantly, from any station. We rarely have problems with OnSite even though we use it constantly, but when we do have an issue the Tech support team gets back with us in a timely manner. The fact that this program was written by a screen shop owner/operator is really apparent as they have covered it all. Over the years there have been numerous upgrades improving the existing system & adding new features. We can not imagine running our business with out OnSite.

Inconvénients: There is not much to criticize, but I would say that this program is SO extensive there is a large learning curve to endure. If purchasing new, you will need someone to come to your location to teach you and your employees how it works. When we purchased the program, it was much smaller in scope but it took us a long time to start using all of the features available.

Shopworks has made a huge positive impact on my business!

Steve K.
president
Support client

Avantages: Shopworks allows us to control and track every aspect of an order. From order entry, to purchasing to scheduling and production then billing. It's one software program that keeps track of everything we do. Shopworks also allows us to analyze each order so we can check that our profit percentages stay on track. I also like that my entire system is updated instantly so I can get real time answers at my finger tips. It's easy to see what items are produced, ordered or received and with UPS integration I can track shipments from within the program. orders don't get lost and inventory is always up to date.

Inconvénients: The scheduling aspect of the program is great in a perfect world but with backorders and stock issues it requires a lot of updating and adjustments. The production calendar is one part of the program that we struggle with. This is mainly caused by lack of inventory from our vendors and customers not approving art on time. The concept is spot on but in real life business the production calendar needs continuous attention. I also wish there was an undo feature. Once you type something or delete something there's no going back.

Overall our experience with the Software has been good.

Publié le 12/06/2018
Juanita K.
2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Flexible accounting side to the software.

Avantages: The flexibility of the accounting system works well for us. The software does have a higher learning curve and unfortunately sometimes you need to go out of the software and exit completely for some changes to update. This needs to be worked on as there appear to be a few glitches in places. Order entry is okay. Overall the software meets our needs.

Inconvénients: The reporting is confusing, and not easily structured to fiscal yearend reporting, but instead calendar year and this does create some challenges. The order entry could be simplified a bit to still get the same information. The P.O. section should have a default email address section to inform the suppliers where they need to reply to. Also, do need to have a cheque register report.....seems odd that there isn't one. Due to time change and limited support staff, it can be difficult to connect with support. Many times need to wait for until the next day for response. We have not ever been able to pick up the phone and speak with customer service and have a question(s) answered in that moment. Sometimes emails get responded to quicker, but still many times have to wait until the next day.

Much need software to get everything organized

Ron W.
Entrepreneur
Support client

Avantages: Being able to keep track of orders from po's to invoicing is essential. We have used this software for a little over a year and could not live without it. Being able to easily review past orders, purchases, job costing, etc has made this software invaluable. Making sure every order is invoiced and paid is a snap. Utilizing the production list keeps jobs from falling thru the cracks. If I had to give one piece of advice to new users, Plan out everything well in advance and do not start using software when you are busy as bad habits are hard to break. I would suggest starting in your slowest months. Make sure everyone watches training videos in advance, especially accounting.

Inconvénients: Software looks a little intimidating at first but with proper planning becomes a breeze. Some functions are a bit clunky such as updating artwork (it takes 4 clicks of the mouse) and once an order is invoiced you cannot change artwork on that order. Production schedule doesn't work as well as I would like although there may never be a perfect schedule.

Very easy to use and great options for this business. A must have!

Publié le 05/06/2018
Kim H.
Accounting Supervisor
Comptabilité, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ease of use and having artwork and specs in each order. Great accounting fuctions

Avantages: Search tools and easy use. Promotional company must have for its benefits. Use the finder every day multiple times. Great accounting features as well. Love how can delete a transaction and start over. The utilities is set up so can have great options for security. Have been using for 7 years now and cant imagine ever not having it. Old program did not have the capabilities of this program like artwork and production calendars. Notes are in all sections and very helpful.
Would never go back to a regular accounting system.

Inconvénients: Behind the scene tech issues. Like everything in live nothing is perfect ;)
Have had technical issues that were not human , it does have a trouble shooter that is great if the period is still open.

Great system, user friendly after a lot of training. Company great to work with and open to feedback

Publié le 29/06/2018
Amanda U.
Art Department Manager
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ease of business. Great organization and readability of forms.

Avantages: Usability for our business is great.
Layout and overall organization is logical and easy to follow.
The system has the ability to work other programs (ie. UPS) which is helpful.

Inconvénients: Missing some key features (ie. thumbnails for variations, ability to modify message or box label templates, pop-up notifications for messages, pop-up status notifications, stamp of when Order was last edited, etc). Not able to work with Quickbooks. As we use that for our accounting, there is a lot of duplication of effort. System has to rely on uploaded catalogs instead of real-time updating of pricing. Would be great if able to pull "real-time" from the vendors versus manually changing. Have to ask for catalogs instead of Shopworks pro-actively getting and uploading.

Shop Works keeps all aspects of our business organized and in sync. Improves overall efficiency

Publié le 09/07/2018
Cindy G.
Mode et vêtements, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Please see my comments in the survey. I have recommended this software to several companies!

Avantages: Organized and easy to use. Great reporting and comprehensive business management - marketing, quoting, receipt of customer orders, goods, and files, order entry, purchasing, production scheduling and tracking, QC, shipping, accounting, and follow up. Historical and planning information is easy to find and evaluate. Client records are invaluable. Saves time and money while improving our accuracy and accountability. The support team is always available, professional, and helpful - great communication!

Inconvénients: Initial set up was challenging for us in 2002. Our company still needs to adjust some of the ways that we set up our data and use some of the modules.

Shopworks is a very robust software package that can handle many different types of companies.

Publié le 10/07/2018
Tony B.
Support client

Avantages: This software can be used for various types of decorating companies. Contract work..no problem. Direct sell...no problem. Fulfillment company that pre-prints their shirts...no problem. If you are in the Promotional product, apparel/decorating business then this software can help you organize the various functions of your business from art to production to delivery!

Inconvénients: There is always a wish list or things you would like to be done differently. So not sure I would call them cons. We are just always sending in our thoughts and suggestions hoping to see these changes in upcoming software releases. Right now we are hoping for improvements in internal messaging and job-costing.

Could not run the company without !

Beth O.
VP
Support client

Avantages: If you are a decorator this software is for you. Production scheduling and design specifications have helped us tremendously . Employee accountability via "activities" has helped us to move to the next level of productivity in our sales and customer service departments. The quoting calculators have been one of my favorite features and helped us to avoid most pricing errors. Support has always been there for us when we have needed it .

Inconvénients: The learning curve. There are so many things we are still not using after 3 years. To use for promo products you have to figure out some work arounds but it is doable. The quoting module is awesome but an use some upgrades.

Very good experience.

Chris S.
Office Mananger
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: There are many benefits to this software. Records communication with customers and vendors. Many types of reports are offered, from reviewing CSR's current order and closed orders, reports on customer discrepancy log, reports on the quantity of any certain garment or size garment that was sold. Love this software

Avantages: Love how it keeps your communication and orders organized. When customer places reorders it takes moments to create a new order. The reports are at your finger tips, checking profit margin's, ect. I can see what all CSR's are doing at any given time.

Inconvénients: The biggest complaint I have is the software training tools are out dated. This software isn't easy to learn and when you are trying to train yourself it gets very frustrating not knowing what you are seeing isn't correct because the software had been updated. This makes learning even more difficult

Easy to use, Works well for our Company

Publié le 06/06/2018
Tanya T.
Accounting
Textile, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It works well for our type of business, it helps with making the order process from entry to invoicing run smoothly. Locating information for analyzing is fairly easy and everything can be entered in a time friendly manner.

Avantages: The ease of moving through the process of entering sale, to production, Shipping to Invoice is most convenient and makes it easy to follow the progress until completion.

Inconvénients: Accounting for the receivables could be more user friendly and selecting information to run customer reports could be easier. A feature to lock the receiving on a PO once it reconciled in accounting.

This is a great tool for any business. It is easy to use and customer support is very helpful.

Scott N.
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Multiple tabs allow for easy access and quick look up. Allowing certain areas to be blocked from the main server is nice too.

Avantages: Each tab is it's own entity which allows us to block certain sections from our main server. I love the easy use of the program and the fact it allows the company to manage every aspect of our areas in one place. When an invoice is duplicated it is indicated in red. Adding customers and customizing their field is simple.

Inconvénients: Learning the program and allowing certain area's to be blocked locked other sections. Our company needs to access the main customer page but if it is locked no one can edit it. They have to go to another tab to do that. Time consuming to go back and forth.

I could not run my business without it

Publié le 07/06/2018
Inside Sales
Services aux consommateurs
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I only use about 60% of the program but am always learning as I go along. This program helps to find every order we have ever done. Much faster than looking up the client info from a hard copy

Avantages: Like that we can send out a quote and art approval then quickly convert it to an order. Easy to find repeat orders. Easy to find what invoices are outstanding or partially paid and what orders are in production.

Inconvénients: A lot to learn for someone who has never used it before. would be nice to have the video close to the data entry we are doing at that time. as a help button.

Salvation for our Promo Products Company!

Cory B.
Founder, Director of Sales
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The wheels were coming off, as we were growing fast, but still using spreadsheets to track orders.
Cloud hosting is hands-off and a great value.
Excellent organization of designs, products, pricing.
Easy to invoice and submit purchase orders.
Inventory management is very robust.
Accounting module is outstanding.
Shipping integrations are Ok...wish they had a ShipWorks integration.

Inconvénients: Profit/Loss and Balance Sheet reporting is rudimentary, not Quickbooks level.
Little to no CRM built into the platform.

Best software available for embroidery & screen-print companies . Couldn't run without it

Kelly K.
Sales Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Running a business with so many parts its hard to find software that can do it all but this does

Avantages: The purchasing/receiving and being able to access all parts of an order in a general location to see if its been purchased, received, produced and even paid.

Inconvénients: When entering orders sometimes it doesn't take right away when trying to put in a color of product . You have to click 2 or 3 times if the color inst entered as a drop down choice. Also in the general ledger if you clone it gives the same date as the clone not the date you cloned

It is a great tool because it combines production, art and accounting in one program.

Publié le 26/07/2018
Johanna R.
Mode et vêtements, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We can monitor progress of jobs and print lots of accounting reports that help us track how we are doing.

Avantages: It is very thorough. In fact, there are still probably functions we could use but don't. Everyone with access can track orders through the system. Updating whenever there is new information on order is critical.

Inconvénients: The pricing calculator is very complicated, and we have not be able to get it to work for us. There are some strange bugs that come up in the accounting every once in a while with where deposits are applied.

Very detailed system that let's you manage your business A-Z.

Publié le 05/06/2018
Michael I.
Support client

Avantages: The thought process that went behind this to give you a 365 degree management tool. The level of detail to get to each customers sales is exceptional.

Inconvénients: I find the customer service experience mediocre. I don't think the CS people are in tuned with the business side of things and expect the customer to understand the technical lingo. I recently submitted a minor upgrade suggestion and have yet to hear any response, even it was received or taken under consideration.

We have been shopworks user since 2001. We consider it a competitive advantage on our competitors .

Publié le 27/03/2018
Jerry M.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software is one of our most valued employees.

Avantages: Does a great job managing information in a very detailed industry. It is built by people who have worked in and understands our industry. Handles all aspects of our business except for payroll.
Worked for us as a small two person operation and works well as a larger company.

Inconvénients: Cumbersome to install and learn but worth the time invested. My reccommendation is to install it early in your company's growth.

Works well for our company!

Publié le 24/08/2018
Kelly C.
Biens de consommation, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, once the software is set up for your company, it runs smoothly!

Avantages: It keeps your company more efficient from start to finish with orders. We are able to keep better track of inventory. Also, I like the accounting features that are offered. The customer support is very helpful, too!

Inconvénients: The implementation of the software is very time consuming! There is a lot of information that needs to be inputed before you can start using the software effectively.

Wondered why we waited so long....

Publié le 30/07/2018
Tonya H.
Director of Client Relations
Textile, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: a more productive team

Avantages: The ability to see in real time the orders being entered and produced to be clear on what production time is available as well as serving as a fingertip ready database for all customers and their designs.

Inconvénients: There are certain limitations regarding the character limit for garment color descriptions as well as how many size fields are available to use which can be confusing when using "other" for multiple sizes.

Overall excellent

Publié le 27/07/2018
Mary S.
Support client

Avantages: I've had ShopWorks for over 20 years. As a owner, I've learned the ins and outs of the system which has only made my business better. We've established weekly/monthly checks that makes year end books a breeze.

Inconvénients: There are limits to ShopWorks which is frustrating. We've found work arounds but really didn't receive much guidance from ShowWorks on this. Technology is huge for our success so I need to eliminate human errors.

Makes Daily Operations Easy & Deadlines Are Met

Publié le 26/07/2018
Raymond B.
Sales Manager
Impression, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Keeping Track Of Orders & Production is more Efficient.

Avantages: Shopworx manages all Customer Info, Makes Quoting easy & professional. Orders are managed & Deadlines are easy to meet. The software is the best tool for daily operations from quotes, artwork and customer management.

Inconvénients: The accounting side is not as easy to use and needs to be more user friendly. Also accounts need to be set up the way that will work best for your business.