15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Alexandria

En savoir plus sur Alexandria

Le logiciel pour bibliothèques Alexandria est personnalisable, facile à utiliser, accessible depuis n'importe quel appareil ou navigateur et inclut une assistance 24 h/24, 7 j/7.

En savoir plus sur Alexandria

Alexandria - Notes

Alexandria a reçu une note globale de 4,8 étoiles sur 5 d'après 24 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Alexandria ?

Mercy
Mercy
Assistant To The Director (Kenya)
Bibliothèques, 2–10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Excellent Customer Online Support

To begin with, I just admire the customer support round the clock that they give. It's so hard to get stuck that for instance, you have to wait on their working hours, no! They got my needs. Cataloging is so superb and one can be in control of the software by navigating across panes easily.

I have not seen any cons yet, I have been using it for trial and I loved it.

Eileen
Bibliothèques, 201–500 employés

Alexandria is the BEST library circulation system EVER!

Commentaires : I used Follett's Destiny, in another school district, and I also have many years experience working in public libraries. I have to say that I much prefer Alexandria to Destiny. I wasn't a fan of Destiny. I didn't like the small fonts used, and in a lot of ways it wasn't customer friendly. It is as good, if not better than circulation programs I've used in public libraries. The thing I really appreciate about Alexandria, other than the fact that it is a great system, is their AMAZING tech support! When I've needed something, they've helped me every step of the way. They have assisted me many times, and have gone above and beyond to make sure that I'm successful using Alexandria.

Everything on Alexandria is very quick, and it is so easy to use. The size of the fonts for names/titles when checking students' books out, and checking them in is large, so reading glasses aren't needed. Multiple reports are available, and you can also import/export when downloading new students' info, which means it takes only minutes to add new classes to the system, instead of typing in information. Additionally, I love that the scanning of titles and student barcodes is so fast. Everything scans the first time in a nano second!

Nothing at all! It is a great system and I can't think of anything I'd suggest be changed.

Shirley

Choose Carefully

Commentaires : This software has been in use in my district for many years. Overall, since it is cheap, it was the one we decided on and we drank the kool-aid in believing that the company would go above and beyond to help us.
Unfortunately, customer service is not always helpful and the support people know little to nothing about .mrc records.
Somewhat disappointing when you compare it to the big companies.

Joni
Learning Commons Supervisor (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201–500 employés

Alexandria library software for our High School

Commentaires : Recently we added classroom collections of all of our English department teachers. This should have been done as the books were added over the years, but it was not. Our teachers were quite reluctant to have to learn new software and all, but now that it's done they think it's pretty slick! They love that they can find a title in another classroom if they don't have a copy themselves.

Alexandria offers so many things. It's a great way to organize our collection and know immediately whether we have an item, where it is, and whether it's available. I can fine-tune reports so I can zero in on exactly what I need to know. I can personalize fields and settings, and I can set permissions to restrict how much information others in our building can access or edit. Tech support is top notch! They address my questions and concerns with clarity and with respect, even when I feel I may have a silly question. I've learned much about Alexandria by calling tech support with a few questions and then hearing them explain a better way to do what I'm trying to do.

Maybe a con is that Alexandria is capable of doing so much that I am not even aware of.

Kate
Bibliothèques, 51–200 employés

User Friendly Reliable Library System

Commentaires : My experience has been great. The program is reliable and consistent. I love the organization of it and appreciate the willingness of the company to constantly be making improvements and updates. It's a great software program.

We just upgraded to Version 7 and I appreciate how seamless and easy the conversion was. The program is so user friendly and nine times out of ten, I can "play" around with things and find exactly what I need. Any time I have an issue and have contacted technical support, they have responded immediately. The other thing I love about Alexandria is their willingness to take the suggestions from the user to improve the operations. I think it is a great program and I hope we always have it in my library.

This is a very trivial con, but I wish that version 7 gave us the ability to add a picture to the generic patron image. I know they are working on it, but my kids loved seeing the seasonal images I would put up for them. I was having trouble with the holds, but after talking to our tech support, it was fixed.

Eileen
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Fine if you START with version 7, upgrading is a different story...

Commentaires : I love working with Alexandria. The support is phenomenal. True, I've had to call in quite a bit --esp. last school year, when I upgraded. But despite the frustrations with my laptop running the program, it was wonderful to quickly connect with a helpful and positive support person.

I've been using this software for 12 years. For all of this time, I've enjoyed the intuitive nature of the program, esp. when it comes to running reports. This is also a very easy program for cataloging. I use Dewey, and I often have to keep an OCLC tab open for finding the call number. Sometimes it populates with it, depends on the record.

My least favorite aspect of version seven is the way I generate reports like spine and barcode labels. I'm finding it fussy and time-consuming. There are good tutorials, however, it's just that time is always short when working in a busy environment like an elementary school.

Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

Partnering with Alexandria to meet information demands of the 21st century.

Commentaires : Since we implemented Alexandria, we no longer worry about data security, cloud based Alexandria takes care of that

Alexandria serves as a portal for the vocational training college which gives students access to a myriad of information services. The beautiful thing is that the software is hosted by the manufacturer, removing the need for installation, upgrades and security. We we made subscription, Alexandria takes care of the rest. We find it efficient that all the students at the college use the same user license. While accessing the online library resources, the students enjoy using their own devices, including android based. We also noted that by using Alexandria, we killed two bird with one stone. Alexandria partners with other library solutions, helping us to implement the time saving copy cataloguing as well as providing a platform for subscription of E-Books.

We so much rely on internet connectivity to access the library solution. It is frustrating to both staff and patrons when internet is down, as access is not possible.

Donna
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201–500 employés

Librarians viewpoint

Commentaires : I have used Alexandria in several forms for over 20 years. I am very pleased with the program and all the updates I have gone through.

The thing I like most about this software is the ease of doing reports, and adding books to my inventory.

The thing I like least is trying to find out answers on line. I am not a native computer person so the language is hard for me to understand. But the support is awesome, I just need to call for help instead of spending hours trying to figure it out on my own.

Teresa
Bibliothèques, 11–50 employés

Love Alexandria!

I have used Alexandria for years and it’s been stable and relatively trouble free. Tech support is wonderful, as well

The Help feature built into the program is not always easy to use.

Bibliothèques, Auto-entrepreneur

Alexandria makes library managment easy

I like that it's intuitive and clean, easy to use. I really like that Mitinet is embedded in the program which makes it much easier to catalog materials.

I wish that it had a few more functions such as being able to see students grade level on the main screen. I also wish that is was a bit easier to create lists for students.

Jerry
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur

My first experience with a library database

I don't have a large point of comparison when it comes to library database systems, since this is the only one I've ever used. However, once I got it up and running it was very easy to use and super reliable. Customer service was EXCELLENT. Whenever I had a question, they got right back to me with a simple explanation, either through email or phone. I can't praise the customer service enough.

I am not a licensed librarian, so this was all very new to me. In the beginning, there was definitely a learning curve, and to me, at least, the online help was hard to follow. Again--could have been me. I was eventually able to figure most things out through trial and error. When I couldn't figure it out, I could always rely on their excellent support team.

Rosemary
Bibliothèques, 11–50 employés

Alexandria: User Friendly and Great Customer Service

Commentaires : i have been using Alexandria for five years and love that it is easy for me and the students to use. Their customer service is excellent and always friendly.

I like that the features are user friendly and that there are constant updates from the company to ensure ease of use.

I only wish they would make the books display a bit bigger so that students could have a better look at the cover.

Megan
Library Media Specialist (É.-U.)
Bibliothèques, 2–10 employés

Alexandria Library Software

Commentaires : They have always been extremely helpful and attentive to any needs we might have had.

We have used Alexandria since it was introduced-we have always felt that they have the best technical support of any library software we have ever used. There technicians stay with you until any issues are solved.

Can't think of anything right away. Maybe the cost?

Jennifer
Outreach & Grants Coordinator (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Great software!

Commentaires : I used it for several years at one of our campuses and when it was time to get it for our other campuses I recommended it for the district.

The customer service is awesome! It is a user friendly software that does what we purchased it to do.

I would like a few more reports but other than that it is great.

Rebecca
Library Database Manager (É.-U.)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Easy transfer of our data over to Alexandria and it is very user friendly.

Commentaires : Alexandria is so user friendly. We have Companion hosting our server which has worked beautifully. They handle updates automatically, rebuilds, and backups of the data. If we should have an issue (which fortunately we have not had any issues with data) they have access to our file to correct the problem. The only glitch, which is being worked on, is getting Alex to talk to our student database Powerschool. I can't say enough about how easy and dependable Alexandria has been for our district. The support line is awesome to deal with when I have questions about how to perform a function or how to set up security (which can be a little challenging for our large district). I would like to fine tune the security for my different levels and I am hoping in the future we will be able to do that. There are a couple of changes that I would like to see and when you have a suggestion they have an Ideas email where you can submit suggestions. So easy and quick. I have used a competitors database and I came right back to Alexandria.

Megan
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Easy to use, they care about their customers, they try hard to impress, and succeed.

Commentaires : My experience with Alexandria is overall good. I came from using Follett Destiny at my old school, and have been able to easily transition in to Alexandria. For a few reasons. First they have a great support team that was willing to be patient and answer my questions. They offered me some training when I started, and offer "free" training though out the year. I say "free" because you have to be a subscriber to their support (typical business model these days).
The overall vibe I get from their company is that they do care. They cared about me as a customer, they cared about their product working well, they cared about my library. This is not typical behavior from the customer support I'm accustomed to working with, so it makes me feel more secure about my library, knowing that their group will do what it takes if there is a problem (even if I created it! True Story!)
There has yet to be any "Cons" with my experience thus far. Thanks to them I have a library that runs smooth, and I have help a phone call away.

Nattalie
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Good but glitchy

Commentaires : Used it for a few years but was glad when we switched to destiny

Customer support was fantastic. We did have to pay for that service though.

Glitchy. Program went offline often. Couldn’t circulate books or use online card catalog.

Linda
Library Media Specialist (É.-U.)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Wish I could rate them higher.

Commentaires : Using Alexandria over ten years has been a great experience. It is easy software for users and meets the needs with so many reports and ways to keep track of a library. There is no way I can sing the praises of the Tech Team high enough. They are nice, smart and extremely helpful. No matter the level of computer experience you have, they make you feel comfortable and stay with you until they get your problem or concern repaired. The fact you are talking to someone in the United States is not lost to me. Their knowledge is expansive and people skills are top notch. Anyone considering library software should put Alexandria high on their list.

Scott
Scott
Director of Technology (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 11–50 employés

Alexandria for schools

Commentaires : excellent. We use the cloud hosted solution and it is basically set it and forget it as far as management.

Easy to use, librarians love it. We have alexandria district wide for 4 schools and all students are synced into it via clever.

cost is slightly expensive. Definite learning curve when you first start using it.

Mindy
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 11–50 employés

Worth every penny

Easy to use, great training provided and excellent tech support.

It's not always completely intuitive to find specific features (particularly ones that I rarely use). But there are so many features, they can't all be at my fingertips, I suppose.

Susan

Easy to use, powerful, 24/7 tech support very helpful

Commentaires : I have used this software at two different schools over the past 15 years, and been very pleased with it. It's easy and powerful. I love the transaction log for what I've done, the reporting system can do practically anything, I'm in control, and when I don't know how to do something, I just call support anytime of day or night and they will walk me through solutions. I love having access to everything I need. Upgrades are always included, although sometimes it takes time to get used to finding things again, but then support always helps me find what I'm used to finding when it's been moved!

Easy to use, easy to navigate OPAC software

Allows even entry level users to catalog items with ease. Fairly intuitive navigation and easy scan and go cataloging.

I find that adding subject headings is a bit confusing. As often as not I end up duplicating terms and I never can figure out why.

Réponse de l'équipe de COMPanion

il y a 7 ans

Thanks so much for your feedback! Adding subject headings can be a little tricky sometimes - give us a call at (800) 347-4942 and we'll help you determine where these duplicate terms are hiding. We're so glad that you're having a great experience so far, and we want to make sure it's the best possible!

Felix

ALEXANDRIA LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE

Commentaires : Alexandria Library Management Software Platform captures all the features you need for a standard Library. Also capable of managing all electronic resources, and mostly preferred by those Library users of todays. Get your quote now!

Godiya Nayagawa