Great option for small non profits that want it all!

Publié le 10/09/2019
Foundation Development Associate
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, I highly recommend Donor Perfect. It's a great system if you want a robust CRM with fundraising capabilities. I thas a lot of the same functionality you would see in larger systems like Razor's Edge, but for a significantly more affordable price point. As someone who helped implement the system, uses it daily as an administrator and user, this is a great system. We have previously used Sage Fundraising 50 and Abila Elevate, so this is a huge step up for us without breaking the bank.

Avantages: Donor Perfect has a lot of pros! It's a cloud-based platform so you can access it anywhere, even from your mobile device. There are a lot of add on features available, including ReadySetAuction and Constant Contact so that you can manage events and communications within one system. You have the ability to set up your own giving pages for various events, scholarships, or specific giving appeals (such as Giving Tuesday, Give Big Day, etc.) The reporting feature is extremely robust and can give you pretty much anything you want if you know how to ask for it. Another great feature is data import... if you have monthly payroll donors that may change one or two additions/drop-offs a month but need to regularly import large amounts of data with simply a check number and date change difference from the last import, you can do it all in less than 30 seconds after the initial document is set up. Overall, what I like most about this system is that it's affordable and offers all the bells and whistles that you get with the more expensive softwares, but for significantly less.

Inconvénients: The system can be overwhelming for new users, especially if you don't have the paid support feature or the time to dig through their help pages. There are a lot of add on features, but they all come with a price. It can be pretty expensive for small nonprofits that only have a handful of employees or one or two people that are using the system. Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features. We do not use it for events management as a result.

Support is Donor Perfect's Hidden Gem

Publié le 19/07/2019
Sue T.
Grants and Community Development Director
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Its been terrific to have all our constituents' contact information in one place, no matter how they became connected with AutismUp. I used to spend days collecting info from various people and files in order to build a mailing list. Now it takes less than 10 minutes to export a mailing list. And its already de-duped because I've used the Duplication Removal feature in Donor Perfect. Having the ability to find (report on) lapsed donors, compare fundraising results from year to year for annual events, and create flags and fields to make any kind of grouping we want is critical, but very difficult and error prone with excel spreadsheets - they way we used to do it. Donor Perfect makes it easy!

Avantages: Tech Support is fantastic! Always friendly, helpful, knowledgable. They encourage you to call with any questions, not just problems. The training videos, knowledgebase articles and online community are great for learning, but when you need an answer fast, or can't find the right search term for the knowledgebase, Support will help you learn how to accomplish what you want to do. You can reach them via phone, chat, or email.

Inconvénients: We would love to be able to use DonorPerfect for tasks beyond donor management - for all of our program and event registrations and payments, but need more flexibility in online forms to make that practical.

envoyé par SofterWare le 02/08/2019

Sue, Thank you for the great review. I couldn't agree with you more than the Technical Support team is Fantastic. They are always happy to help. Please reach out to the Client Relations Team for questions about other features and add ons for the system. The CRS team can be reached at (800) 200-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

The perfect software for us

Publié le 06/05/2019
Kelly H.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Your software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.

Avantages: DonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.

Inconvénients: The only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

envoyé par SofterWare le 07/05/2019

Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Great program for donor receipting

Publié le 26/03/2019
Janette W.
Admin. Assistant / Donor Recipting
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I really like the support for this software. They are very responsive when you have a problem and they have a lot of information online so you can look up your own answers and when you want to "dive in" really deep in understanding the program. If you just need to look up how to export information, you can look that up online and follow step by step. You can also customize your export of information so if you only want a name and address, you can get it in the form you want (either in excel or word). You can also add any field to that export that you desire.

Avantages: I like that I can add fields on the fly and be able to report on those fields. This is great for tracking anything you want to track with your donors. I love that I can have a multitude of thank you letters ready to merge at the same time. I've worked in software that only allowed a few letters. This way, a thank you letter with receipt at the bottom to a specific campaign can come out in the same batch as a regular thank you letter with receipt. We have total control over the look and feel of our receipt letters. I like that I can use a batch system so I can reconcile with our accountant but you can also enter gifts directly in a person's record if you don't need to track that way. I really love that I can add items to my batch file, like a consent sent in with a gift that we can publish their name. I can also have my batch file come out the way that is most helpful for our organization, and each organization can individualize it as well.

Inconvénients: The first time through running year-end summaries for our donors took a bit of a learning curve to set it up the way we wanted it to display but support was very helpful when I "got stuck". In the few years I've been working in the program, that process has improved.

envoyé par SofterWare le 19/04/2019

Janette, I love to read that you are taking advantage of so many of the features offered in the system. Receipting Donors quickly is important to keep your Donors loyalty and DonorPerfect has perfected the process! Like you mentioned. a multitude of thank you letters can be created and ready to merge at the same time. Thank you for the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Donor Perfect Review

Publié le 13/03/2019
Development Specialist
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I don't think we did a great job of tracking donor retention rates or lapsed donors before. Now with DP we are easily able to run the reports and be more proactive with those individuals.

Avantages: I like that it is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. It's incredibly helpful when volunteers are helping or new people come on board. I also love the ease of pulling reports. They have so many prebuilt reports to chose from by I can also quickly and easily create my own and even better I can edit it if I don't get it right the first time. I'm constantly learning new tricks and tools as I gain confidence with the system and as our needs change as an organization. We've had the system for a little over two years and last year I didn't know I could easily generate different data and charts for our Annual Report, learning that made life so much easier. I also have to rave about the support team because so often I feel like I am calling with a basic or dumb question but they are always nice, walk me through it and then send a follow up email with the instructions in case I forget. They are so kind and patient!

Inconvénients: It's never that I don't like the system but more than I have to learn how to get it to do what I need. My brain thinks it should work one way but they have the system programmed to operate another. It's more just spending time in the system and learning all the different ways it works and can work for you.
One thing that drives me out is when it logs me out. If I've been out of the program for a little bit I can understand, it's frustrating but I do understand. What I don't understand is when I'll literally be in the middle of entering a gift or something and it will log me out, forcing me to start over. Not the worst thing in the world but still vexing at times. I also wish that the Company Name & the individuals Last Name didn't pull from the same data point so it was a little easier to run mail lists but I've found workarounds in excel once the report is pulled.

envoyé par SofterWare le 09/04/2019

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read you are enjoying using the system and all the different ways it has benefited your organization. The support team is always happy to help and I am glad to read about your wonderful experience when speaking the support team. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Awesome Support Staff

Publié le 27/02/2019
Michelle C.
Chief Executive Assistant
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: There are several features that are very useful to our organization but I would say that one of the most helpful is the ability to compare giving levels over a multi-year period. Another feature that we used for the first time last year was the Event Manager feature to track expenses, income, attendees and overall profit for our annual fundraising gala. That made reporting a breeze. In the past we tracked this information through a spreadsheet with quite complicated formulae. With DP Event Manager all we had do was plug in the information.

Avantages: Our organization has been using DonorPerfect for about 15 years. It is generally user-friendly and serves our needs well. We converted from the desktop model to the online model about three years ago and had a very good experience with the conversion. We have the Premium level of support and the staff are always knowledgeable and have, without exception, been able to help me with any problem I have encountered.

Inconvénients: One issue I have with this software is when I need to send a notification to a recipient for a donation made in memory/honor of them or a loved one. At the present time, there is not the ability to create an instant merge. The process to create the notification is cumbersome and the steps are not easy to remember for staff members.

envoyé par SofterWare le 13/03/2019

Michelle, Thank you for the Awesome Review. Our Support Staff is knowledgeable and happy to help! I am glad to read how Events Management has made keeping track of data and reporting on your event easy. Many features you see in DonorPerfect come from Suggest and Vote. I would be happy to speak to you about your suggestion for notifications. I can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Look no further than DonorPerfect!

Publié le 03/12/2018
Amy W.
Associate Director of Development
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, I can't imagine another fundraising software being any better than DonorPerfect. The donor records management and reporting functions are very user-friendly and the logical manner by which they are organized and laid out on the website are big time-savers. DonorPerfect is a huge asset to our development team!

Avantages: DonorPerfect is perfect for all my organization's software and database needs relating to fundraising. My absolute favorite thing about DonorPerfect is the excellent customer service I receive each and every time I reach out. I am sometimes asked to provide data that I'm not sure how to obtain in a time-effective manner. It literally takes a quick phone call or even an online chat session with a DonorPerfect rep for me to find a report that will work to get me the information I need. I am always amazed at how well the DonorPerfect customer service folks know the software, and the ease at which they are able to share its capabilities. I have never had to wait for a solution or an answer to my questions. That is so valuable for me, someone whose greatest challenge is not having enough hours in the day! One of the other pros at the top of my list is the user-friendly interface of DonorPerfect. If you have even a little computer knowledge and experience, DonorPerfect is very easy to use. Everything is laid out and organized in a logical manner, which saves the time and frustration of not being able to find a simple function.

Inconvénients: I can honestly say I have not had any negative experiences with DonorPerfect. There are tiny things such as the scope of searching records that I might like to see changed, but at the end of the day, they're not really consequential. (Example: If an individual record is entered as John H. Smith, but I search for that record with the terms "John Smith", the record I'm looking for may not pop up. Broadening the search to "Smith" however, would allow me to find the record.)

envoyé par SofterWare le 06/12/2018

Amy, I am thrilled to read about the value you are finding in using DonorPerfect! You made my day with the title of the review : Look no further than DonorPerfect!. I am delighted to hear you think the system is user friendly, and agree that our Support Team is outstanding! Thank you for the amazing review. Regards, Ellen Molon,Client Relations Specialist

Perfect for small organizations with few staff and minimal amount of active donors.

Publié le 19/07/2018
Kristina H.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have set up a number of non-profits with Donor Perfect. It is a great program for non-profits, particularly those with minimal funds, small staff, and new fundraisers. I have worked with organizations that fit every part of the spectrum. My current organization benefits from the data that I am able to retrieve about individuals, gifts, history... There are so many advantages to building relationships but also the ability to have data and notes that is easily retrieved and instrumental in the smooth transition of development staff attrition.

Avantages: The cost is the most attractive part of Donor Perfect. For small organizations needing a database to get prospects and current donor information in one place for importing and exporting, this program is ideal. Having something inexpensive and yet widely used in our community of nonprofits, had definite advantages. There are many features of large software organizations that makes it a great deal and the add-ons are reasonable once your organization is able to take the next step.

Inconvénients: Troubleshooting seems to be a challenge at times. Some areas you can "hover" over and figure out what the feature is or data that is expected to go in or how to use it - but it is not always clear. Unfortunately, nonprofit database information is not unique and from one software to the next, there is a learning curve for where you put what.

envoyé par SofterWare le 27/07/2018

Thank you Kristina for taking the time to review DonorPerfect. The system is designed to be flexible for non profits of all size and can be customized to an organization's needs. As you mentioned, there is a learning curve when using a new system, we have you covered with a phenomenal support department, webinars, and training department. I am glad to hear you are finding the advanced reporting system and notes section in the donors records instrumental to your organization's success. Fundraising is all about relationships and DonorPerfect is a major component in helping organizations reach their fundraising goals. There is a Community Site meant to connect users near and far. DonorPerfect was in the NTEN Report for offering top-rated features and functionality at the lowest price.

Great support and training and a few glitches.

Publié le 15/12/2017
Melody S.
Receptionist
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, this system has worked very well and I look forward to learning more about how I can better use its functions and capabilities. I can't comment much on the financial side of things because I mostly enter data and run spreadsheets for mail merging for mailings.

Avantages: Customer Support and Training has been the most awesome feature of using DonorPerfect for me. I have learned a lot from the webinars available and whenever I call support for a certain problem, the staff are always very knowledgeable, professional and patient.

Inconvénients: DonorPerfect has some features that I find cumbersome or just don't work well. (or maybe it's user ignorance!) The system is set up to have a "man and wife record" but if you have a man and a wife that have different roles (flags) and different cell phone numbers etc... you have to lump the info together in the record. You can make two separate records, but then when doing mailings, you will get duplicate mailings to one household. We also have the same problem with having an organization record, for e.g. ABC Corp. with Bob Smith as contact and then an individual record for Bob Smith. This is because sometimes ABC Corp donates and sometimes Bob Smith will donate as an individual by playing golf or running a 5K or contributing personally to the Annual Appeal. But again we don't want two mailings to go to Bob Smith. I also have a problem when receipting donations that after I generate the receipts and go back to where you update the batch, "All transactions" button has been defaulted to, even though I have chosen "user transactions". If I don't remember to go check that, I end up updating all the transactions instead of just my own. I also have wondered about making the filter building less cumbersome by having a way to build filters using more than two variables at a time. For a complicated filter you have to do several compound filters to get what you want.

A Robust System for the full-time nonprofit

Publié le 08/11/2017
David F.
Managing Partner
2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Donor Perfect is on par with some of the top CRM programs for the nonprofit at a price point that is affordable. The training modules online are great resources and their support is top notch. I have implemented DP from the bottom up and the process was seamless and helped us create a great cultivation program. This is a system that requires maintenance and good input practices. I would place this at the advanced/intermediate level and recommend it for a NPO with a full-time development staff. If you are looking for a robust, trustworthy and scalable system this is it but be prepared to dig in deep to the training modules and in the end your fundraising programs will benefit.

Avantages: Donor Perfect is one of the mainstays in nonprofit donor/constituent management and there is a reason for their longevity. This is a robust system that is more complex than some of the newer entries into the market that tout cloud, ease of use and a free website builder. I have always thought that the gimmicky add ons is kind of like a realtor staging a home and putting potted plants on warped areas of the floor so you can't see them. With Donor Perfect, no frills just serious computing and data mining power. Standing out is their quest to stay relevant and they are continuously updating their software with the latest proven trends in the CRM space and have done a wonderful job with their updates. You can manage the full life cycle of a donor using this one system, create web forms for online donation gathering, mobile fundraising capabilities and full integration with QBO and other financial programs.Their support is outstanding and very responsive and they also offer free one and one training as part of the support package. I actually had a staff workshop day for training and they had a trainer come on a web conference and she trained our staff. It was amazing.

Inconvénients: The system is a true CRM style system and there is a learning curve so be prepared to get the training you need to be able to train staff. It is worth the investment and will benefit your revenue goals to use the system fully. One area that always was a point of initial frustration was report generation. It took me a while to fully grasp the reporting.

DPO Has Made Tracking and Contacting Donors Much Easier

Publié le 05/06/2013
Cecil B.
Treasurer
Support client

Commentaires: PAALS is a small non-profit (around 200K in annual revenue and less than five employees). We have found DPO to be a very large help in managing our charity by allowing us to track all of our pertinenent information in one place that is accessible anywhere. The information in DPO used to be on several dozen spreadsheets or in QuickBooks. Duplication of data was everywhere (particularly email addresses) and no one really knew which was correct. Simply eliminating all the duplicates and multiple lists has saved us quite a bit of time and money. I have used Softerware's telephone, email and online chat support. In all cases the support personnel were knowledgeable and helped resolve my problem or answer my questions -- usually in minutes I would highly recommend DPO for any non-profit that wants to grow their donor base and/or who wants to get their data organized.

Avantages: DPO is in the "cloud" which means PAALS volunteers and staff can work with it wherever they using just a web browser. Also, the DP mobile app makes it very easy to access donor information wherever you are. DPO has almost unlimited flexibility to add new fields and configure screen design. PAALS is using DPO not only to track Donor information, but also to track information about the dogs we have in training, about our clients who have or are waiting on a service dog and about our hundred plus volunteers. And the custom report writer allows us to create reports for almost any purpose we need. The optional WebLink Pro module has allowed us to create web pages quickly and easily to process event registrations and single or recurring donations. These are easily integrated into our existing website. The donation and donor information is automatically integrated into DPO saving much repetitive data entry. DPO also has automated interfaces to Quickbooks and Constant Contact.

Inconvénients: The event management module as currently implemented is somewhat cumbersome and is not integrated with WebLink. However, Softerware has posted that the next update will address some of these issues. Softerware does not have an alliance with PayPal. Thus we are unable to include an option to for donors to contribute via PayPal on our Weblink forms. So we have to maintain a separate set of forms on our website for people who want to use PayPal. The DP mobile application does not use the customized screens that are shown in DPO. It currently has a generic interface which makes information appear in different place/order than what a user sees online. Also, DP Mobile does not hide fields which have been marked hidden in the online version. Thus DP mobile, while useful, is much less usable than it could be.

DonorPerfect is a intuitive way to track donations

Publié le 21/03/2019
Jessica B.
Development Administrative Assistant
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: DP is an easy way for our non-profit to track all of our donors giving and we can pull reports based off this information. We can see who hasn't given in a while and reach out to them with a special mailing.

Avantages: We have been using DonorPerfect for many years to track our donor’s giving. The cloud interface allows updates to the software overnight and when you get back to work the next morning there are new and improved features. The amount of information you can pull for reports is incredible. Anything you enter into DP can be pulled in some report. There is a DonorPerfect Community where you can go to ask other users questions and get helpful tips and tricks for running reports, using DP Mobile, and much more.

Inconvénients: DonorPerfect could improve their search engine within the software. Sometimes when looking up an existing donor, the software will say they do not exist in the database, but they do and if another user doesn't know that then a duplicate donor account will be made on accident. When a tribute/memorial gift is made online and the donor lists the recipient's name differently than how it appears in DP, DonorPerfect will create a whole new tribute instead of allowing the user to select the already existing tribute. When this occurs, you end up with multiple tributes for the same person, the only difference is maybe one shows the middle name and the other does not.

envoyé par SofterWare le 22/04/2019

Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read that you are using so many of the features in the system. Any suggestions you have for the system we want to hear :), please add them to Suggest and Vote in DonorPerfect Communities. We are also happy to add them for you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Powerful, Multi-functional Software for Donor Data Management

Publié le 24/06/2019
Chelsea I.
Resource Development Associate
Organisme social ou civique, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: DonorPerfect helps us to keep track of all of our donors in one consolidated place, shared with the entire fundraising team. It helps us track important metrics to keep us on track toward our overall fundraising goals. With 65+ years of donor history, DonorPerfect has proved essential in keeping strong records of who has a relationship with our organization and what that relationship has looked like over the years.

Avantages: DonorPerfect is the only tool we use to keep records of our donors and donations. The interface is fairly intuitive and user friendly, with some of the most helpful tools being the easiest to find. DonorPerfect is a powerful tool, which means training is required to understand how to best use some of its features. The biggest “problem” we’ve had with it so far is that it is capable of far more than we use it for. For donor data and management, tracking donations, and even tracking your cultivation efforts with donors, I can’t imagine any software that would be better. Customer support is excellent, whether through chat or on the phone, and we are always receiving invitations to webinars or free user guides to help us do better at fundraising. The pitch for how DonorPerfect can help you even more is there, but it is not the main point of these resources, and that feels good.

Inconvénients: Running reports has been a challenge for my team, which is self-taught on that function of the software. Between search parameters and selection filters, it has taken us a long time to figure out how to get a report that reflects the parameters we want. In a way, this downside is also a testament to how powerful the software is, because it can run a report on a countless arrangement of parameters.

envoyé par SofterWare le 10/07/2019

Chelsea, Its great to read how much you like using DonorPerfect! The Support Team is always happy to help. :) Thank you for taking the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Surprisingly Powerful

Publié le 22/08/2019
Development Director
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: When I first joined the organization, they had been entering certain data for years but had no idea how to report on it. This was a great starting place to learn the power of the reporting feature.
We also began to use Donor Perfect to track moves management and major donors, and I constantly used the platform.

Avantages: After some experiential learning, I was able to capture and easily report on so much data, which made my overall fundraising and communications easier (though it never feels easy at the time). The custom fields and reporting stand out as some of the features I used the most. I was able to add up tax-deductible amounts from certain donation periods and have them reported on the donor demographic form, so I was easily able to see and report on certain specific tax credits. The general reports, from cash flow, to average gift amounts and every possible AFP fundraising metric we such as blessing - and something I miss now that I am at a new org with a different database.

Inconvénients: While I could do donation processing through Donor Perfect, and embed the form on the page, at the time, the form was a little rough around the edges. I could match colors, but that was about it. Perhaps now there is a CSS you can paste to make it a little more seamless. It should be noted that this is a problem with a lot of donation processing pages with different database companies, in my experience.

DonorPerfect is essential to my job.

Publié le 02/04/2019
Susan S.
Development Manager
Films et cinéma, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our organization is growing and we need reliable donor reporting and communications. Good software like DonorPerfect is a necessity. I look forward to using more features as our donor base expands.

Avantages: I like the ease of use with DonorPerfect. It is a good value compared to other software. It is a good fit for the size of our organization. I haven't taken advantage of it yet, but I plan to use the connections they have with Constant Contact and Agile Ticketing. I think what I like best is the support. It is a must if you do a lot of reports and lists. I could not respond to the request I get without the friendly and helpful DonorPerfect phone support. Well worth the extra cost!

Inconvénients: I would like DonorPerfect have a better search as I have to spell the name correctly in order for it to come up. It would be nice if the search brought up results that were close instead of exact. I tend to use phone support a lot for reports and lists. I don't know if it's me or if the system is not commonsensical or there are not enough stock reports.

envoyé par SofterWare le 11/04/2019

Suan, Thank you for the wonderful review.. I am glad to hear you are finding DonorPerfect easy to use. Our support team is very knowledgeable and happy to help with report questions. We partner with and have integrations available for many different software packages. Our partners can be found at dpconnect.com. We look forward to working with you and your organization for many years! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

The reality

Publié le 29/04/2019
Campaign Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: 1. If my org is going to spend the money on this tool, then I'm going to exploit it to the value of our investment. Therefore, everyone I connect with at DP is on board to make sure I get that value and has been great.
2. My experience also includes the staff at this organization and their responses. They are continually amazed I can get the software to actually help us raise funds, as opposed simply putting up with the database system they have always had which no one has really used or wanted to learn to use.
3. I've sold and implemented a version of this type of software. I knew the original owner of this software (when it was based in San Diego) and I've known about it - or interacted around it - for the last 20 years. I am impressed with the additions and flexibility in functionality as the world has been turned upside down by the net. It actually has gotten easier to handle and manage.

Avantages: It works as described. It's flexible, so I can tailor it to our work flow/process. It gets the job done.

Inconvénients: It's a little... janky looking... like - in we're-so-cutting-edge-we-dont-waste-your-money-on-unproductive-things-like-screen-and-user-eye-flow-design. It just looks like my uncle's work-around software for raising money.

envoyé par SofterWare le 07/05/2019

Thank you for "The reality" about DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear that we have impressed you with the changes we have recently made to the system. Our clients have a big influence on changes that you are seeing. Many of the ideas that DonorPerfect Users enter into Suggest and Vote become part of the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Birmingham Boys Choir Recommends Donor Perfect Online!

Publié le 05/06/2013
Susan S.
Business Director
Support client

Commentaires: I would wholeheartedly recommend DPO to any organization requiring donor management software. After spending hours generating reports for the development folks from an Excel spreadsheet with 1500 donors, I have truly enjoyed learning how to generate different reports with DPO....in a fraction of the time it had taken previously. We have had many tributes given recently, and it is with such ease that tributes may be added, a gift linked to that tribute, and a notification generated for the person to be contacted. When corporations purchase sponsorships for our annual gala, I can link the corporate sponsor to the person within our non-profit organization who secured the sponsorship-no more guesswork! I am sure there are features I have yet to discover and utilize to their fullest extent, but we are most pleased with DPO. Pricing is competitive, one does not have to be a computer genius in order to use the system, and all the help one needs is readily available.

Avantages: From my very first conversation with the regional account manager to which I was assigned through the decision to purchase DPO, my experience has been an extremely positive one. I had spent a great deal of time researching donor management systems and had narrowed the field down to three: DonorPerfect, E-Tapestry, and GiftWorks. GiftWorks did not have the functionality that we required, so I eliminated it early on. After working with both E-Tapestry and Donor Perfect on a free trial basis, I found the "intuitiveness" of DPO to be the selling point for me. In addition, I know this will sound silly to many, but the fact that there is so much color in the DPO system was a huge plus in favor of this product. Since I spend a great deal of time using the system, ANY color other than black, white and grey helps my eyes, and seems to make data entry a more positive experience. Both our immediate and future needs will be easily met by DPO, and customer support is superb.

Inconvénients: If anything could be changed, I would prefer that DPO have their own payment processing system. Currently, DPO's payment processing is done through Mercury Payment Systems. While we have not encountered any difficulty using a separate entity for payment processing (we've had a similar system in the past), our webmaster would prefer DonorPerfect to process online payments as opposed to going through another entity such as Mercury Payment Processing.

We LOVE DonorPerfect!

Publié le 27/08/2019
Marci C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use DonorPerfect to track everything. The reports are most helpful.

Avantages: I have used DonorPerfect at two organizations and have been very happy! Having a 14 year old database program at my previous organization, my job was to research and find a new program for us. I looked at everything and decided on DonorPerfect. It wasn't the Cadillac (we couldn't afford) or the Yugo (we needed more power), but it was "just right"! When I moved to my new position in a new organization, there was no database - everything had been tallied on separate spreadsheets. The decision was easy and we purchased DonorPerfect. We haven't looked back!

Inconvénients: Custom reports took a little while to conquer, but it's smooth sailing now.

A non-profit must have!

Publié le 16/01/2019
Susan D.
Community Outreach & Development Coordinator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The record keeping features of Donor Perfect allow me to look at who is giving and when and whom I may need to reach out to that have not donated in a while. It allows me to look at trends and time frames more people are apt to give and see what programs need more targeting for reaching out to people to give to. Increase funding is possible if I know who my target audience is and which program is lacking in funding.

Avantages: Donor Perfect is the "PERFECT" tool for keeping records of all donors and gifts as well as contact information. The ability to keep track of contacts made to each donor along with the promptings are a sure way to keep on top of making the necessary follow up a breeze.

Inconvénients: When I am in the middle of making follow up calls to donors, I would like the screen to not time out so quickly from one search to the next. If I am on the phone thanking a donor and looking at the information on the screen at the same time, it usually times out on me and i have to log in all over again. Not efficient.

envoyé par SofterWare le 12/02/2019

Susan, Thank you for taking your time to complete the survey on DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear you that DonorPerfect is "PERFECT" for keeping track of your donors, gifts and contacts you make with the donors. The Support Team is always happy to help with questions with the system. Please contact the team so they can look into the issue you mentioned about timing out. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Database Management Has Never Been Easier!

Publié le 03/04/2019
Coordinator, Fund Development
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: DonorPerfect has made it much easier to track our donors' interest so we can better target them for donations, whether it be for gifts around certain times of the year or planned giving. We can keep track of how they like to be contacted and cater to that form of communication. It's made not only recording the donations, but even getting them, a much easier process.

Avantages: This software is extremely user friendly and very intuitive. Creating new records is quick and easy, plus the ability to save filters (both single and compound) makes running queries multiple times a snap. The verbiage when entering donor data is very clear and can be customized to fit any organization's needs.

Inconvénients: There are times when the wording isn't exactly clear when trying to create a query (or there's some confusion as to how to get the specific query results you're looking for), but the customer service chats are very helpful in figuring out what the problem/miscommunication is. Additionally, the biggest issue we have is that it doesn't catch duplicates if there are tiny differences, such as 214 W 3rd St versus 214 West 3rd St (which can be corrected if you use best practices when entering your information).

envoyé par SofterWare le 11/04/2019

Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect. I love he title to your review, Database Management Has Never Been Easier I am glad to hear that the system has made it easier for your organization to track your donors interests and target them for donations. Our support team is always here to help if you have any questions. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Robust donor management!

Publié le 15/10/2018
Amy S.
Executive Assistant & Project Manager
Services à la personne et aux familles, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, DonorPerfect has helped our organization re-vamp the processes and structures around our donor management.

Avantages: I love how customizable and robust the screens and reporting are in DonorPerfect. With Screen Designer, I am able to create the exact data entry screens that work best for our organization. We decide what information we want to capture, how to capture it, and how to report on it. SmartAnalytics and Easy Reports are just what I need to pull the data exactly how my board and CEO want to see it - PLUS, it is easy enough to use for a non-IT person to understand.

Inconvénients: My least favorite feature is the event management add-on. Unfortunately, it is not ideal for our use to facilitate an 800-person gala with a raffle, silent auction, live auction, ticket sales, and very specific and irregular seating arrangements and payments. However, I was able to import our gala data from another software pretty easily with the import feature.

envoyé par SofterWare le 31/10/2018

Thank you Amy for the terrific review. Glad to hear you love Screen Designer and the Reporting functions. I have asked your Client Account Manager to send you information on ReadySetAuction, ReadySetAuciton is an auction software that integrates with DonorPerfect and would save you time from having to import data.I think you will like ReadySetAuction!
Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Extensive Reporting Options

Publié le 11/10/2018
Jodi S.
Development Director
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Again, the reporting is wonderful. It has allowed me to give our board and other staff members a clear picture of funds raised, where those funds are coming from and what they are supporting.

Avantages: I do need to clarify that I have only been using DP since January of this year and the only training I have done has been online or self-taught. That being said, I have been very happy with the extent of reporting that is available. Once you figure out how to accurately record your data in DP, learning the reporting system is fairly self-explanatory. If you can't figure it out - customer support is always very responsive and happy to help!

Inconvénients: The recommended way to enter couples is with one record. The way DP is set-up, this is the best practice to use. Having had experience with other systems, the best way to enter couples is to give each individual a record and then link them so giving, contacts, etc. are shared between the two donors. From what I have seen so far, the linking of records in DP isn't set-up to do this. This is unfortunate, because it makes separating donors, setting flags for each individual or pulling information as an individuals versus a couple not possible.

envoyé par SofterWare le 19/10/2018

Jodi, Thank you for your DonorPerfect Review. I am glad to hear you are finding navigating through DonorPerfect easy and are using the many reports available in the system. SofterWare is listening and I apologize that you aren't finding the linking of records to be efficient. We would love to have some feedback from you from you in a Focus Group, Usability or Beta Test. If you would like to participate please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

DonorPerfect for the Smaller Non-Profit

Publié le 06/11/2018
Brett O.
Office Administrator
Collecte de fonds, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I highly, highly recommend, DonorPerfect, and am currently attempting to have my present employer switch to it from a far less intuitive donor database. I honestly cannot sing the praises of DonorPerfect enough. It is a donor database designed by fundraisers, who continuously accept input from other fundraisers.

Avantages: There is so much to love about DonorPerfect. After 10 years in professional fundraising, working with everything from the most-known donor database to numerous smaller ones, DonorPerfect really is perfect. It's extremely intuitive, and extremely customisable. During my training, I was actually jumping ahead of my trainer, and ended up not using a full two hours of the training DonorPerfect provides. Furthermore, I was able to quickly and easily train others on how to use the database.

Inconvénients: There was one quirk around using Tab, where it would skip a field near the top of the main Constituent page, then jump back up to it. I never did figure out how to work around that issue.

envoyé par SofterWare le 26/11/2018

Thank you Brett for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear how easy you found the system to learn. The Technical Support Department is available to assist with any questions you may have when working in the system. Please reach out to them about they issue you are experiencing when using the Tab key. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Great product, not so great communication

Publié le 17/01/2019
Robert A.
Public & Professional Relations Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We like the software but have not been pleased with the company communication, particularly surrounding features an billing issues.

Avantages: The interface is easy to use and intuitive. The reporting features are robust. Added options allow you to take online contributions with automatic download, which is very useful.

Inconvénients: There's little we dislike. We have noticed that the communication from the company is lacking. For example, plans, pricing and features change without any communication. We paid for a year of the separate auction software just two months prior to renewal of our plan, only to find out that our plan now included the auction software. The company refused to credit us the 10 months. We will look at other options as a result. Had we known plans and service options had changed, we'd have waited. They just don't communicate.

envoyé par SofterWare le 25/01/2019

Thank you Robert for taking your time to complete a review on DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to hear you're finding the interface easy to use and intuitive, I have reviewed your account and see that you and your sales account manager are working through your concerns about the pricing. If you ever have questions or concerns about your system or service please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Excellent Donor Management for Mid-Size Nonprofits

Publié le 24/02/2019
Melanie C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: DonorPerfect has served my mid-size nonprofit for many years. It is a great way to track volunteers, members, and donors of all sizes. You can track donations, visits, and personal information for each vendor. There is also a lot of customization options for specific requirements your nonprofit might need. Overall, we've been very happy with the flexibility and functionality of DonorPerfect for our donor management needs.

Avantages: DonorPerfect offers a lot of flexibility for mid-size nonprofits. It is a strong donor system that can be specialized for specific needs a non-profit might be facing. Also, our organization has used DonorPerfect for many years, so we've been able to grow with it, and have historic data that allows us to understand long-term donor trends.

Inconvénients: Reports are fairly complicated and require some training to use well. Fortunately, customer service is very responsive in helping staff figure out new report requirements.

envoyé par SofterWare le 04/03/2019

Melanie, Thank you for the wonderful review. I love your review title, : Excellent Donor Management". There are many wonderful features in DonorPerfect and I am thrilled to hear you are using so many of them. The support team is always happy to help with any questions our users may have when using DonorPerfect. Thank you for being a valued client . Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist