Avis clients sur Church Windows Software

3,9 /5
  • Service client
    4,6 /5

En savoir plus sur Church Windows Software

Logiciel de gestion d'églises performant et convivial avec différents modules dédiés, notamment Membres, Planificateurs, Donations, Comptabilité et Paie. Pour bureau et web !

En savoir plus sur Church Windows Software

1 059 avis affichés

Lisa F.
Financial Secretary
  • Publié le 13/11/2018

"Awesome Church Management Software!"

Commentaires: Church Windows has helped our church operations in so many ways. The reporting and budgeting options in Accounting have been especially helpful in financial planning and oversight. The payroll module simplifies all things related to payroll (direct deposit, taxes, W-2s, etc). Giving statements are easy to produce, as well as giving reports. People tracking is always a challenge, and the Membership module does so much to help. The support is fantastic, they know the program, and many of them also serve in their local church. Overall, Church Windows is an outstanding product!

Avantages: Our church has used Church Windows for many years. It seamlessly tracks people, giving, accounting, and payroll. Each module can be used by itself, or integrated to all work together. The support people are fantastic--friendly, patient, and easy to understand. Training is readily available through online video tutorials, brief online training sessions, workbooks, and the program help feature. The user-friendly software is great for beginners, offers many features for seasoned users, and versatile enough for church volunteers and employees alike.

Inconvénients: Nothing. I love everything about Church Windows!

envoyé par Computer Helper Publishing le 12/01/2019

Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software.

Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software.

Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com

• Publié le 13/11/2018
George M.
Rector

"Aging Technology"

Commentaires: We use church windows to manage our parishioners’ records and all donations. We have been using this solution for more than 15 years. While it has served us well, it has not grown with changing technology. We are in the process of moving to a cloud-based solution.

Avantages: Robust church management solution from a well established provider. Cost of maintenance is negligible. Feature-rich.

Inconvénients: Single platform (Windows only). No viable cloud option (they offer cloud service, but it is really just their regular software on VM). Difficult UI, not intuitive.

George,

Bill G.
Financial Secretary- Adm. Asst.
  • Publié le 09/02/2021

"A time saver!!"

Commentaires: We moved from a spreadsheet reporting method to Church Windows for recording church members into a data base that offers many uses. Later, we added the Donation module and this was the greatest asset for the software. First in importance was the accuracy of the entry and the availability of almost instant reports. It allows us to produce a very accurate statement of giving for tax purposes and allows us to produce these statements in a very short time.

Avantages: The software offers the user the ability to record data in an accurate way and therefore, produce an accurate report. Moving from an Excel spreadsheet method, this allows a more accurate product and allows for a multitude of reports in many formats.

Inconvénients: If I were to chose a negative, I suppose it would be the learning curve. While there are many resources offered by the support staff, it takes a good bit of time to really appreciate the many functions offered by the program.

• Publié le 09/02/2021
Don W.
Computer Services Specialist
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 15/01/2020

"Church Windows is a mixed blessing."

Commentaires: We use Church Windows to run and administer a medium sized church (About 150 active members), and have in the past used other software for the same purpose. From the point of view of the user interface, Church Windows is far superior to all the others -- when it is working. Which is about 70% of the time. The rest of the time I am attempting to fix its frequent connectivity issues.

Avantages: The User Interface is intuitive, powerful, and well designed. The Accounting module in particular is quite sophisticated, containing many standard and specialized reports. Our accountant loves it. It's modules are well integrated, and when it is working, it works beautifully. The local version, (as opposed to the Web version) is reasonably priced.

Inconvénients: It is very touchy, installation wise. Wireless networking is not supported; neither are APUs, you MUST have CPUs in all Church Windows PCs for it to function reliably. It periodically loses connectivity, and sometimes requires reinstalls in order to correct problems. I am the administrator of the system, and frankly, if the users didn't like it so much (particularly the treasurer), I'd suggest a change. I am underwhelmed by their tech support; they tend to disclaim responsibility for problems, claiming networking issues, Windows issues, etc., are the cause even though no other software we use seems to have the problem.

• Publié le 15/01/2020
Shannon C.
secretary

"Church Windows Software"

Commentaires: It's great to have all church information in one spot. I do feel limited with what I can do and what i want to do with the program. I am sure it's all training related.

Avantages: The basics of the program is laid out nice.

Inconvénients: The software has moved away from it's user friendly-ness a little bit. Some of the report features are confusing and if you don't check the right box or column you don't get what you are looking for. I think they wanted to make reports come from a central area but I find it confusing. Also- you have great videos, which are better than the written instructions, but if you have several issues you don't always have 20 minutes to figure out the solution by watching the video and some times it's the wrong video because you didn't word the search issue correctly. I was thrown into picking up the treasurer position when someone suddenly died, so I had no training and it has been hard to get up to date training with no time! One more thing... i would love to have a 2 day training option or someone to work with me to clean up the software from where I am making errors or making my job harder and I could just do it a simpler way. I also feel that the support people are very friendly and courteous. Some times I have issues explaining my problem so I don't get the help I need. It is also very expensive to keep the support that I have learned to go to videos first for. Sometimes I think starting over with a new/different program would be better so I can learn it from the beginning.

envoyé par Computer Helper Publishing le 21/05/2019

Shannon,

Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better.

If you're using the current version of Church Windows, please hit the F1 key on any screen in Church Windows to bring up the Help File topic on that page. When open, the help page can be printed. We hope this helps.

We would also suggest you look at the Live Web Training option as a time and cost effective way of getting one-on-one training with one or our trainers.

Please call our support techs when you have any questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com.

Patricia S.
Treasurer

"Long-time user"

Commentaires: The church Session likes the Income and Expense Statement that they are given each month. Also, reports for individual committees.

Avantages: I have used Church Windows at two different churches. Compared to other church software I have used, Church Windows is superior in ease of use, and support. The cost is very affordable. .
Support is excellent, especially using e-mail.

Inconvénients: I would like to see more ability to build reports. Sometimes it is frustrating trying to get the information needed.

envoyé par Computer Helper Publishing le 28/05/2019

Patricia,

Laurie W.
  • Publié le 28/08/2019

"Church Windows - an A+ Product"

Commentaires: We've been using Church Windows for about 15 years now. I love the history of transactions, how easy it is to use, and the good price for customer support.

Avantages: It's very user-friendly and the layout makes sense - I can find what I'm looking for and complete tasks easily and quickly.

Inconvénients: Occasionally, there are bugs, as with any software. We've had to call support a couple of times and they are very helpful.

• Publié le 28/08/2019
Treasurer

"Useful"

Commentaires: I like using Church Windows. It has been good for our congregation.

Avantages: The modules and how payroll and donations work with accounting.

Inconvénients: Having to use an "accounting" rather than "financial" module. I don't like having to enter bills and pay them.

Sean U.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 18/03/2020

"Church Windows is a pretty good Church Management software, plain and simple."

Commentaires: As a younger individual who is able to use all of the tech that this program offers, most churches are not up to speed. let a lone up to the gathering point of contributions needed for the cost.

Avantages: Church Windows can help you track your membership, donations, accounting, and schedules. Highly supported and the team is available to help with anything you need.

Inconvénients: Sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad. While all the features offered by Church Windows are magnificent, many churches will never need even half of the potential this offers. When you see the price tag that may become clear.

• Publié le 18/03/2020
Jamie L.
  • Publié le 19/11/2018

"Amazing Customer Service"

Commentaires: Overall, Church Windows is a great software and I could never say enough about the wonderful customer service. I can easily track day to day transactions and report to our Vestry board on a monthly basis. As we all know, churches run on budgets so it is important to be as accurate as possible every month to make sure we stay within the budget. Church Windows has been instrumental in showing us where we need to make cuts and where we can afford to grow.

Avantages: Customer Service is amazing. I never have to wait on hold and they call back fairly quickly with a knowledgeable rep. Everyone I have spoken to has been extremely helpful and kind.

Inconvénients: Having used software like Quickbooks my entire career, I am used to Intuit's ease of use. Pulling up the check register and being able to click right to the transaction. Church Windows is great and I can find everything I need and print any kind of report I would need but it's not quite as user friendly as I would like. I also don't like that payroll is in a separate icon and not built into the other modules.

envoyé par Computer Helper Publishing le 16/01/2019

Jamie,

• Publié le 19/11/2018
Jerry B.
Church Treasurer
Institutions religieuses, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 16/11/2018

"Difficulty Converting to Church Windows"

Commentaires: I would not recommend this system for someone who is not knowledgeable in terms of accounting systems. The biggest issue, in my mind, is the way the donation module has to tie into the accounting system. In other words the total donations for a week must be exactly what is deposited in the bank. This my be great from an audit perspective, but it makes for difficulty on a weekly basis. The support is excellent and the Church Windows staff patiently answer my questions.

Avantages: I like the features of Church Windows but the fact that the donations and accounting are integrated make it difficult to utilize on a weekly basis.

Inconvénients: We are currently using a spread sheet program to record donations and are using Money Counts for our accounting system. The membership and donations modules were fairly easy to implement but the accounting system is more difficult. We have spent two years implementing the accounting system and are not finished.

envoyé par Computer Helper Publishing le 16/01/2019

Jerry,

• Publié le 16/11/2018
Church Treasurer
  • Publié le 28/05/2019

"A Valuable Tool for Church Administration"

Commentaires: Overall, Church Windows has served us well, and we would be unlikely to consider switching to a new church software program. There is untapped functionality for us within the current suite of modules - for example, we have not historically used all the options for tracking attendance and communicating with members. We look forward to making even better use of it as time permits our secretary and volunteers to learn how to use those parts of the program.

Avantages: We use Church Windows for accounting, payroll, membership records, and donation tracking, so it is an integral part of our church administration. Because we are careful to enter data accurately and use the suite of software systematically, Church Windows is an excellent way for us to manage information and make timely reports to church leaders. We like having one software package to handle so many of our functions, and there is some efficiency to the learning curve because of similarities across the various modules. One of the best things about Church Windows is the quality of the tech support. Our annual fee allows us to contact the support staff whenever we have questions about how to do something or correct something, and since the software is used by several individuals (a staff person and church volunteers) with varying degrees of expertise, questions do arise. The tech support staff is knowledgeable, clear, and responsive to both email and phone inquiries. That helps keep our system running like a well-oiled machine!

Inconvénients: Some of the modules seem less user-friendly to us. For example, the Donations module where we record individuals' giving and generate reports for tax purposes is not intuitive to use, and we found it very difficult to set up quarterly and annual statements in the form and format that we desired, when we began using Donations when the software publisher updated an earlier Church Windows module, Contributions. We interacted extensively with tech support in the course of that transition, and, although they were as helpful as possible, we felt that the software was less flexible than we would like. So, the bottom line is that it can take some effort to learn how to use the software, and in an environment where there is turnover in the church office or among the volunteers handling church administration, that is a bit of an obstacle.

envoyé par Computer Helper Publishing le 29/05/2019

• Publié le 28/05/2019
Tammy P.
Bookkeeper & Office Admin
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 24/05/2019

"Why I Love Church Windows!"

Avantages: Church Windows is a very user-friendly software. It's easy to navigate through the different modules. I use the Accounting, Payroll, Membership and Donations modules the most. I went to their location in Columbus for one day of training when I started using this software. It was very helpful and our instructor, CSR, was excellent! Since then I have been able to breeze through the accounting module with ease. It's great for printing financial reports for meetings, payables and receivables, tracking income and expenses, creating individual funds, writing checks and processing payroll. For the most part it's super easy to use! If I do have a question that I just can't figure out, I call their customer support and they're very friendly and helpful.

Inconvénients: The only draw back to Church Windows is when you call customer support, they can't help you right away. Someone has to call you back, normally it's within the hour. But sometimes it can be longer depending on the day and time you call. By the time you get a call back you're on to something else and you have to go back and remember why you needed them to help you. There have been times that I have figured it out before I get a call back. I believe you can pay more for immediate assistance, however I don't call very much so it's not worth the extra cost to our church. Some may want to pay the extra to get immediate assistance until you're more familiar with the software, then you can switch to the lower cost. Because it won't be long you'll be proficient and won't require much support!

envoyé par Computer Helper Publishing le 28/05/2019

Tammy,

Roger W.
Bookkeeper
  • Publié le 22/05/2019

"Bang for the Buck Is Hard to Beat"

Commentaires: We are a medium size church and I am the part time bookkeeper so my thoughts on the program are related to the parts of the software I use (as well as the integrations with the other modules) For the money, it's hard to beat how easy the program is to use and how quickly I can accomplish most tasks with it. I've looked at some slick web based programs that handle "work from anywhere" better, but they cost thousands of dollars per year when you add up all the features you need, and they don't offer the flexibility and ease of use Church Windows offers.

Avantages: Church Windows does a lot of things nicely. I love the way the Donations module dumps our members donations into income accounts in Accounting with the press of a button. Payroll, which is tailored for churches (handles ministers with no problems) also integrates with Accounting automatically. The Accounting module allows me to book typical church transactions quickly and easily, but provides the ability to do complex accounting transactions as well. While lots of church management programs claim to handle fund accounting, Church Windows does true fund accounting which allows our church great flexibility in tracking designated donations and spending. While not perfect, the program is an excellent value.

Inconvénients: Church Windows has a web based version that uses browsers to view Windows type screens and I find this clunky to use. I'd much rather have an app on my phone that I can use to pull up membership data when I need someone's phone number and an Accounting app that would let me enter transactions remotely when I'm away from the office. The Accounting module also lacks an easy way to handle credit card transactions - I'd like to see something like Quicken that let's you check off the charges when you reconcile the monthly credit card statement. It handles credit cards fine, just not as easily as Quicken or Quickbooks.

Roger,

• Publié le 22/05/2019
Melissa T.
Office Manager/Admin
  • Publié le 20/05/2019

"Great features but not always uiser friendly"

Commentaires: Despite the above reasons, I am very happy with Church Windows. It gets the job done and the reports are clear and concise (when I can locate the ones I need!). The customer service is second to none. They have always gotten back to me the same day and they are wonderful about walking me through things that I do not understand.

Avantages: The features are really great. It has everything we need and even some things that we don't! The reports are clear and concise and there is a variety as far as what types/kinds of reports are available.

Inconvénients: The user-friendliness ability is lacking. There seem to be way too many steps to do one task. Also, it is not compatible with our label machine so we have to do our labels though the program provided by the label maker (Dymo) instead of through Church Windows, which is what we would prefer. One thing I really, really wish that Church Windows offered was the ability to separate families/people into groups that we choose as opposed to the default groups. There is also no way to do a mass delete of people/families, this is especially inconvenient for people who have only attended once or twice or for a function of one kind or another. Instead, I have to go through the entire list of people one by one and delete them. If I had a couple of days to devote just to that task, then maybe I could get it done but I don't so I can't! There should be a way for people to automatically drop off the rolls after "X" amount of time. It is a huge hassle to manually go through 1000+ people in order to see who needs to be dropped or moved to inactive.

Melissa,

Stephanie W.
Accounts and Building Manager
  • Publié le 21/05/2019

"Church Windows review"

Commentaires: I recently spend about 3 months evaluating other church software programs for our church. We wanted something to reach a younger audience more quickly and something more integrated with a modern web-design. I read online, talked to people on the phone and evaluated lots of other Church-oriented software. None of them had all of the components that Church Windows had. Most did not have an integrated payroll and lots did not have integrated accounting. And ALL of them were a lot more money. For churches not willing or able to put tons of money into a software option, I believe Church Windows is the best. As I said before, there is a steep learning curve at first and lots of little quirks, but overall it does a great job of keeping all of the information that a church needs to keep in one place with easy access.

Avantages: The best thing about Church Windows is that it is integrated and fairly inexpensive. You can get a donations module, payroll, accounting, membership AND scheduling with online access for a low monthly fee. AND for only a little more per year, get unlimited phone support. The support is amazing. Never have I called and not gotten an answer to any issue that I was having. The modules are all integrated and talk to each other so there is no double entry or having to make sure to remember to upload something. Payroll is great and always updated with latest forms. The accounting module is good and fairly easy to use, especially for people that may not have formal accounting training. I don't actually use the scheduling, so I cannot evaluate it. Membership and Donations are also integrated and fairly easy to use. You can send professional letters and print any donation letters that you might need.

Inconvénients: Unfortunately, Church Windows is not always intuitive. There are tons of things that it can do and it can generate tons of data and reports, but you to know EXACTLY how to ask it for what you want. There is quite a steep learning curve to really get the most out of the program. The accounting software does use different terminology and reports than most professional accountants are used to. And the flexibility to create your own reports in Accounting is not there. This is fine for most people, but if you have a professional accountant on your staff or in your congregation, be prepared to explain some of the quirks of the system. Some of the issues are because the Accounting software has to completely integrate with the other modules and so there are limitations. I for the most part, think it is great. I has taken me about 3 years to really get comfortable using all of the modules and using them to generate the reports that I want and give me the information that I want quickly and easily. Church Windows is not really quite as modern and flashy as some of the other programs out there. It doesn't integrate with a website platform. It doesn't have the ability to produce more modern points of contact like texting, or online church directories, or some of the fresh-er and more tech integrated programs. BUT, it is a heck of a lot cheaper than those other programs AND it has good, solid, integrated payroll and accounting modules.

Stephanie,