Avis clients sur Tabs3 Software

4,4 /5
  • Service client
    4,7 /5

En savoir plus sur Tabs3 Software

Tabs3 Billing est une option personnalisable riche en fonctionnalités pour la facturation autonome ou la gestion complète de cabinet.

En savoir plus sur Tabs3 Software

145 avis affichés

Tracy M.
Accounts Manager
  • Publié le 31/07/2019

"I highly recommend Tabs3 Software"

Commentaires: We use Tabs for our timekeeping and billing, the Tabs3 Connect is a great feature for attorneys to enter their time on the go. The General Ledger and Accounts Payable software integrate well with each other and with Tabs, so that saves on duplication of work. Practice Master has great features and is a great database for containing the information needed for our clients.

Avantages: The software is very user friendly, the programs are intuitive and the e-mail bills are a great function!
We have been using all the products offered by Tabs3 for over 25 years. The upgrades always have something new and better when they come out.

Inconvénients: There just isn't enough time for me to learn all the capabilities of the software.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 05/08/2019

Tracy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate hearing from you. Unfortunately I can't add more time to the day, but if there's something we can do to make things easier for you, please let us know! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Sharon J.
Firm Administrator
  • Publié le 01/08/2019

"Complete package for the small law firm"

Commentaires: We were able to build a collections process that efficiently walks through the matter steps so that everything is done quickly and accurately. Setting up workflows that set calendar follow, merge documents, send emails, launch appropriate websites as needed, or do calculations.

Avantages: We love it's ease of use and ability to customize the PracticeMaster module. It's intuitive and the billing side is very robust.

Inconvénients: Because of it's versatility and customization features, you can easily get carried away with data collection.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 05/08/2019

Sharon, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much. - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 01/08/2019
Phil G.
Attorney and Owner of Law Office
  • Publié le 18/08/2016

"The not so good Tabs"

Commentaires: I have had Tabs since 2010, it is terrible. You purchase the program and then you constantly have to go back to customer service (tech dept.) and they want to hit you up for $200 per hour for tech help, as you can imagine that is absurd, expensive and terrible. They let you buy the product and make it seem like there is no additional cost, reality is that you better pay for the ongoing tech support because there are always errors and problems that need addressing, did I mention the $50 minimal charge or $200 per hour for tech help. I rarely was able to use the program, each time I tries there was some new error message and a need to seek out tech department, truly a terrible experience.

Avantages: The software has a wide array of features and billing is nicely prints out in a very organized and concise format, it really does have a lot of detail and nice features.

Inconvénients: It seems to always have some problem or error message on the rare instances when I actually needed it to do a billing for a client, nothing is worse than paying for a product and then having to waste time because it will not work and then get stuck paying extra by having to call and pay the tech department $200 per hour to help you figure out why their product does not work as it is promised and as it should from the start. How is it possible that the product regularly has error messages that are not resolvable without a call to the tech department. Very frustrating.

envoyé par Software Technology le 22/08/2016

I am sorry that Mr. Gunthert has not had a good experience. We have reached out to him to discuss the specific issues that he is having.

I did want to mention a few things related to the points that he brought up. To make sure clients get off to a good start, every purchase of Tabs3 includes a free year of maintenance, which includes both technical support and any product updates that come out during the year. After a year, the maintenance is optional. Many clients prefer that to being required to pay an annual fee.

Also, our technical support team gets very high marks. In our last client survey 96% of our clients said they were satisfied with the support that they received from our team. In that same survey, 9 out of 10 Tabs3 clients say they would recommend Tabs3 to other firms.

Kim Hanzl, Support Manager

• Publié le 18/08/2016
Jennifer G.
  • Publié le 17/07/2019

"I'm a Fan of TABS"

Avantages: I like working with my representative and how all programs are integrated for ease of use and efficiency.

Inconvénients: Like anything, it took a little while to get used to a new program.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 19/07/2019

Jennifer, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 17/07/2019
Daniel W.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 12/08/2019

"Excellent Support for Outstanding Time, Billing, and Practice Management"

Commentaires: Capturing much more time for each time keeper.

Avantages: It is server based and not cloud based. It is very comprehensive and is making us more productive and time capturing.

Inconvénients: While not actually difficult, it is less than intuitive to learn.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 05/09/2019

Daniel, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate it. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 12/08/2019
Tanya B.
Paralegal
  • Publié le 18/02/2020

"Wonderful Billing and Practice Management Software"

Commentaires: Overall, I would highly recommend Tabs3 billing and PracticeMaster to streamline management of your client information and billing.

Avantages: I have used Tabs3 billing software for years and absolutely love it! It is easy to learn and makes billing almost effortless. It offers so many features that allow you to customize statements according to client needs. We also use PracticeMaster and it is remarkable software as well. It makes it easy to consolidate all client information in one place that is accessible to everyone in the firm.

Inconvénients: What I like least about Tabs3 is the initial statement design is somewhat cumbersome. I also do not care for the flat fee billing options; there is not enough flexibility. I cannot think of anything I do not like about PracticeMaster.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 20/02/2020

Tanya, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback. We're working on a lot of new features for Version 2020 and beyond that we think you'll like. Thank you again! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 18/02/2020
Paralegal
Cabinet d'avocats, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 17/06/2019

"Tabs is EASY to learn and EASY to use!"

Commentaires: AMAZING. I love this software. It's the best account billing software that I've used in the legal field so far. When cost codes are needed for certain accounts they are easy to use and the reports that can be generated are very detailed.

Avantages: I love how easy Tabs is to use and just like the name, all you have to do is TAB through the entire invoice. It's very easy to navigate and when you need to make changes it's super easy. The new design layout that was just unveiled is great! There are some new much-needed features that were updated and that makes it even better.

Inconvénients: I don't like the fact that once you create an invoice and save it if you realize you messed up and put it under the wrong account number, you can't just fix it and delete it yourself. You need to contact an administrator with permissions to have it deleted, but I understand that's just a safety precaution and nothing really negative about the software itself. Otherwise, I haven't found any additional negative things about Tabs.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 19/06/2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your comments very much. If there's anything we can do to help you, please let us know! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 17/06/2019
Lucas R.
  • Publié le 16/07/2019

"Tabs3 + Practice Master"

Avantages: The software really helps manage my practice. The functionality is great, customization is great, and customer service is great. Thus, it has the capability of doing nearly everything we desire.
The organization is perhaps my favorite feature. That, along with the search function, means that I can find anything I'm looking for: documents, emails, journal entries, phone calls, etc.
Further, being able to deal with my timer and work saves a lot of time.

Inconvénients: With a greatly customizable software comes a steep learning curve.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 19/07/2019

Lucas, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Bryan M.
Legal Administrator
Services juridiques, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 12/11/2019

"Tabs 3 is a great product for small to midsize law firms"

Commentaires: Excellent experience. Great overall. No complaints. Great people to work with!

Avantages: Intuitive. Easy to learn. Great technical support based in the United States. U.S. based company that is not owned by one of the giant legal industry firms. A network of consultants who are passionate about the product. Well thought out and tested updates.

Inconvénients: Can't think of many. Support becomes mandatory to use the software beginning in 2020, but you'll want to pay for support to get updates and the excellent tech support

• Publié le 12/11/2019
Apryl S.
Paralegal/Bookkeeping
  • Publié le 22/01/2020

"Functional and Easy to Use"

Commentaires: Overall, have managed time better with the ease to use and organization of the program

Avantages: Well organized and east o find what you are looking for. One stop for all your needs.

Inconvénients: If invoices unpaid, all the invoices print.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 23/01/2020

Apryl, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad Tabs3 is helping you keep on top of your work. In newer versions of the software, we've made Tabs3 even easier to navigate and added several great new features to make your day even easier. We hope you'll take a look at Version 2020! Thank you again! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 22/01/2020
Terre S.
Office Administrator
  • Publié le 23/07/2019

"Accounting and Billing Software"

Commentaires: I have been using TABS3, TAS, APS and GLS for over 30 years and it is a very powerful program. My office has been using this software since 1989 and we have no intention of changing it. Everyone in our office enters their own time and it is very easy to train people to use the program. The software makes the accounting, bill paying and billing very easy to do. As they have updated the software they continue to add features that save time and therefore, money. My experience with this software has been very good.

Avantages: This software is very comprehensive. We use the billing, trust accounting, accounts payable and general ledger modules of this software. They are very good about updating the software on a regular basis and listen to the users comments and requests for upgrades. I like that it integrates well with all of the modules of software. The trust accounting module is excellent and makes it really easy to comply with the bar associations regulations on lawyers' trust accounts. It prints a three way reconciliation that balances not only with the bank statement, but with the trust accounts as well.

Inconvénients: In some ways, this software is so comprehensive and has so many features that it can be hard to understand all of the capabilities of the software or to find certain features. But if you think it can do something, it probably can. The Software Technology technical support people are incredible. They will stay on the phone with you for as long as it takes to learn a feature or figure out how to do something.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 26/07/2019

Terre, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 23/07/2019
Martha A.
Legal Administrator
Services juridiques, 11-50 employés

"Love STI Products"

Commentaires: I've been using TABS3 software since about 1998. Having TABS3 Software and its integrated software modules make billing, case management, accounts payable, GL and trust accounting a breeze. TABS3 software bills are easy for clients to read making it easier for them to pay. It's easy to maneuver in, make changes on a draft basis and the like. Pulling information from TABS3 software for analytics makes my job easier to determine timekeeper production, fields of practice viability, and financial progress. And bank reconciliations - nice! PracticeMaster manages information at-a-glance - no more pulling paper files or going to other programs to find it. TABS3 software is one of our most valuable tools.

Avantages: All STI products are integrated. They are user-friendly.

Inconvénients: Report Writer: Unless you have a computer programmer on staff or know someone who is intimately familiar with Report Writer, Report Writer is not worth the trouble because you'll never figure it out.
Quirky things that cause problems:
A. You can't give discounts on bills unless your current fees billed supports that amount of discount. Discounts are given on an overall basis, not just on the current fees billed.
B. AP module leaves you hanging in TABS3 cost entry; it doesn't cycle back to AP so you can write more checks.
C. Refunds where no money is involved can go over to GL as if money was involved - need to be on your toes to delete that immediately.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 12/07/2019

Martha, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your input very much! We have made some changes to credits in version 19 that may help with your discounts and streamlining entry in AP--please reach out to Technical Support if you're interested in more information! - Emily L., Software Trainer

William B.
atttorney - solo
  • Publié le 16/10/2020

"TAB3 Software is great"

Commentaires: The overall experience is been excellent especially the prompt response to support.

Avantages: Runs locally and fast over my local network using Windows 10 Pro. Quick response means productivity is achieved. Like the fact that I can use for my financial part of my practice-trust accounting, general ledger accounting, accounts payable. All accessible to all users at my firm.

Inconvénients: This software as many features and you need to take the time to learn the new features and sometimes they require extensive time to develop.

• Publié le 16/10/2020
Luann M.

"Multi-functional software"

Commentaires: The integration features of the billing, accounts payable, general ledger and trust accounting are wonderful and such a time saver. The credit card payment feature is seamless and so easy to use.

Avantages: We use Tabs 3 billing, Accounts Payable, Trust Accounting and General Ledger programs. The ease of integration is such a time saver. The credit card payment option is so seamless and user friendly.

Inconvénients: The cost. We have been using this software since 1992. I don't like the fact that when a new enhancement comes out, i.e. when PracticeMaster was introduced, and now Platinum, you basically have to buy whole new software rather than a nominal upgrade fee--especially when we have been paying the annual maintenance fee on all separate programs. We have no use for PracticeMaster, yet it is necessary to integrate with our Worldox file management software.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 19/07/2019

Luann, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Kandice B.
Executive Administrator
Services juridiques, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 02/02/2017

"Great system for our Firm"

Commentaires: Tabs3 is simple to use and fits our firm of 25 attorneys perfectly. It allows us to extract data as needed and to customize our reports with their report writer function. The support is top notch and resolves our issues quickly and correctly. We are very happy with the performance of Tabs3.

Avantages: The software is easy to use. We can train new attorneys and staff members quickly and get them up and running with ease. The report writer allows us to customize our reports to our needs. The support is very helpful and always resolves our issues.

Inconvénients: Some of the stock reporting doesn't go deep enough for a larger firm. We are on the cusp of the firm size I believe they are targeting. While we do have the report writer, it would be nice to have more of a dashboard setting as an overview to the health of your firm.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 18/12/2018

Thank you for the review, Kandice! We're glad to see that Tabs3 Software is helping your firm! We greatly appreciate your feedback on reports and have passed it on to our product team.
- Emily L., Senior Technical Support Representative

• Publié le 02/02/2017
Lynn B.
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 02/09/2019

"Comprehensive but complex"

Commentaires: When I worked for a larger firm, we had a person dedicated to the administration of the Tabs3 software, and my experience then was more favorable. In a small firm with no dedicated administrator, it is more difficult and time consuming to use. It is probably a better product for a larger firm overall.

Avantages: Tabs3 includes just about every function a law firm could want in a billing system. It is a very comprehensive system that is very likely to meet all needs of even them most sophisticated law firms. Once the system is set up with clients, it is not overly difficult to enter time and expenses as an attorney. But the set-up process and anything outside of the ordinary time or expense entry can be complicated.

Inconvénients: I think overall Tabs3 is a difficult to use. In a small firm without an expert administrator to set up the clients, bills and retainer accounts, it is overly taxing to manage this software. As previously indicated, entering time once the set-up is done is not difficult and it is very easy and quick to move from field to field, but anything outside the normal input of time causes me wasted time in trying to figure out how to do it.
Many years ago I also used Tabs (version?) in another, larger law firm, and we were unable to alter the total bill without the system adjusting every entry on the bill. For example, instead of a courtesy of $100, every entry would be adjusted by a percentage so that the final bill was reduced by $100. This was very frustrating, but I have not had the opportunity to use this function in the most up-to-date version, and it may have been "fixed" by now.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 05/09/2019

Lynn, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We've been working hard on improving Tabs3 and introducing new features to make it easier to use. I hope you check out our newest version when it comes out later this year! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 02/09/2019
Dan R.
  • Publié le 02/07/2019

"The best software suite for Law Firms"

Commentaires: With all of their products integrated, as well as integration with third party products, it has reduced errors by reducing the number of points of data entry, particularly when one otherwise would have to enter data into multiple points. Not only does it save staff time, but it saves the lawyers time as well because there are less places to verify correct data entry.

Avantages: The best part of this software is how in depth you can go to customize it, particularly PracticeMaster (the law practice management piece of software). However, what is really the icing on the cake is that you can keep it as simple as you want, making it easy to begin using on Day 1.

Inconvénients: The deeper you go into customization, the more difficult it gets to 'program' it, so to speak. That said, they have knowledge base articles for nearly everything it seems, all of which do a good job walking you through what you want to do. And when that doesn't work, customer support has always been extremely helpful, prompt, and easy to work with.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 12/07/2019

Dan, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your input very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Don G.
Business Owner and Consultant
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 31/07/2019

"Use It, Love It, Recommend It"

Commentaires: I keep everything about my business in Tabs3, PracticeMaster and the Tabs3 Financials. When I am out of the office I get to my data with Tabs3 Connect.

Avantages: It is feature rich (can do everything I ask it to do) and is easy to use.

Inconvénients: Very little not to like. Even the price is surprisingly OK. They don't want to be the most expensive - just the best.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 05/08/2019

Don, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much. - Emily L., Software Trainer

George H.
Partner
  • Publié le 30/08/2019

"Review of Tabs3 Suite"

Commentaires: We recommend using all of the products, including trust accounting, check writing, TABS and Practicemaster. They link together, so information only has to be entered once. The reports that can be run keep you on top of all your deadlines and cases.

Avantages: Stability of the product. Very rarely crashes.

Inconvénients: Difficulty in setting up workflows. Need help to set up reports

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 05/09/2019

George, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate hearing your feedback. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 30/08/2019
Patty P.
accountant
  • Publié le 19/07/2019

"Class Action Law Firm"

Commentaires: I really like the software because I can pull time and expenses quickly. I had another firm ask how come I can quickly get the information needed out of my system. I recommended this software to them and sent them your information.

Avantages: It captures cost and fees in one easy to use program

Inconvénients: The software does not allow the AP system to populate name and address from Tabs3 to issue client settlement checks. Class action firms represent many clients in the same case. When a case settles I have to print client name and address then type the same information into the AP program to issue checks.
Being a class action firm we do not bill clients for fees and cost. I need the capability to bill and track cost to individual partners in the firm who then pays for the cost. This billing needs to be on a percentage basis.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 26/07/2019

Patty, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review, and for recommending us! We appreciate your input, and I'll forward your request for populating client information into APS to our product development team! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 19/07/2019
Nancy C.
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 26/09/2019

"Tabs3 Billing, Accounting & Practice Management"

Commentaires: I have been using Tabs3 software for 30+ years. As a consultant, I am familiar with many of the other legal software packages, and the one I use for my business is Tabs3. It continues to evolve with the latest technology, and I completely trust the integrity of the software.

Avantages: The software is rock-solid. It is comprehensive and integrates all areas of the law practice. The company (STI) is meticulous in producing bug-free software, and they are immediately responsive to all support questions. The user interface is intuitive and the work-flow is easy. The process to email bills has reduced my billing time from 2 days to 1 hour. Too many great features to list them all. I give this software my highest recommendation.

Inconvénients: One minor option I'd like to see is the ability to change WIP transactions for costs as well as for fees.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 04/10/2019

Nancy, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it, and your years of experience! As always, let us know if there's anything we can do to help! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 26/09/2019
Louise R.
controller
  • Publié le 09/07/2019

"The Best"

Commentaires: Tab3 Software answers all the needs of our firm. Their support group is top notch and you RARELY wait long for a technician. All of their techs are extremely knowledgeable and take the time to listen to your issue.

Avantages: The integration is seamless and the Financial reports are the best; Trust accounting is perfect and will keep your State Bar very happy with the level of detail. Periodic upgrades are continually made available to the users to keep the product current as our industry and needs change. We do not use the document management "Practice Master" as another product was already in use in our office.

Inconvénients: It seems many of the modifications are more driver to the Practice Management integration side. However since all originate within the different modules we are able to use those items that enhance our needs.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 15/07/2019

Louise, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your input and hope you'll be excited by the changes coming in our next version! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 09/07/2019
Merle E.

"TABS3 Software"

Commentaires: We use all the modules of the TABS3 software. Because all the modules are integrated transaction data passes seamlessly between them eliminating any duplicate entry and ensuring all the firm's data is up to date, accurate and consistent across all business functions. Complete accurate business transaction data in turn allows the firm to make timely and productive business decisions.

Avantages: The full integrated functionality. We use all the modules PM, TABS, APS, GLS and TAS. All of the modules work together and there are no interfaces that have have to be maintained or adjusted for with new releases of multiple products.

Inconvénients: It s very feature rich and I am not sure we are using all of its capabilities to their full advantage but operating the business comes first.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 19/07/2019

Merle, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Dorothy B.
  • Publié le 13/09/2019

"Control Your Business With This Powerful Software"

Commentaires: Tabs3 software is very powerful. By the time I learned how to use Tabs 3 at the most basic level, I felt as if I could be an accountant. I am still discovering useful and time saving features.

Avantages: I most value the interface between Practice Master Billing and Tabs 3 . A law firm rises or falls on its billing practices. The easy to use timer allows us to easily capture time spent on multiple projects and with multiple clients throughout the work day, which results in more accurate billing.

Inconvénients: The software is not user friendly. The learning curve is very steep.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 04/10/2019

Dorothy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate it! We'd like to know what we could do to make the software easier for you to use--feel free to contact Technical Support with any suggestions. Thanks again! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 13/09/2019
Maria A.
  • Publié le 02/08/2019

"Couldn't live without it!"

Commentaires: We get numbers for profitability reports. Can run reports for daily cash receipts. Overall, we can get billing out quickly and have reports as needed.

Avantages: So user friendly! Like that all modules are connected. It saves so much time - enter once and it's linked to other modules/reports. Reports can be set up for our specific needs.

Inconvénients: That if a final statement is undone for corrections you cannot use the same statement number when printed again.

envoyé par Tabs3 Software le 05/08/2019

Maria, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much. When you have a moment, please call Technical Support--there is a process to be able to reuse a statement number after undoing it, they can give you the instructions to do so! Thanks again! - Emily L., Software Trainer

• Publié le 02/08/2019