15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Skyward Student Management Suite

En savoir plus sur Skyward Student Management Suite

Impliquez les parents et les élèves des écoles primaires et secondaires grâce à une communication améliorée et des outils d'administration automatisés.

En savoir plus sur Skyward Student Management Suite

Useful features to allow parents interact with their child's activities. Allows for integration with payment systems which is seamless and real-time.

We are a google school and there is supposed to be a way to get GoogleClassroom grades in Skyward, but no teacher as been able to make it work yet.

Skyward Student Management Suite - Notes

3,9

Skyward Student Management Suite a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 148 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Skyward Student Management Suite ?

English Teacher

Excellent Education Management Tool

Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Natalie
High School English Teacher (É.-U.)
E-learning, 11–50 employés

Excellent Education Management Tool

Commentaires : Over Skyward provides teachers, students and administrators with up-to-date, accessible and easy to understand grades, disciplinary reports, and academic history. With very little training, I was able to navigate and operate the system within days.

This software is easily navigable for educators. I can input grades, edit assignments and change due dates with only the click of a button. Its integration with Google Calendar allows my students to keep track of due dates, as well.

Skyward has pre-set grading periods, but as a teacher there are still intermittent periods (6 week grade period) where I need to manually input each student's grade. This seems an unnecessarily arduous task.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you so much for the review Natalie. We're happy to see that your use of Skyward with Google Calendar is going well. In terms of your issue with the grading periods, we recommend that you put in a service call. Depending upon the way you have your gradebooks set up, someone at Skyward will likely need to learn more about what you are doing and your specific goals in order to help you.

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

QMLATIV is the most intuitive software!

Commentaires : We're using it both Business and Student and it's just easy to use.

I have experience with pretty much every SIS in Wisconsin and Qmlativ is definitely the easiest to use. The intuitive nature of it makes it easy to get stuff done. The technical support is the best I've seen in the industry. Everyone is very knowledgeable and is kind.

I wish Skyward Business and Student are merged, but I know they're working on that. Still would be nice!

il y a 4 ans

Thanks for your awesome review John. From the beginning, one of the main goals of Qmlativ was ease of use, so we are happy you are finding it to be intuitive.

Kevin

Stuck in 2003; Avoid.

Commentaires : Terrible. Wasn't even interested in looking at their newer option.

-It is a more reasonably priced option than the bigger players like Campus or PowerSchool. -It is still better than JMC (which is sad). - IF you can figure out how to do things in it and IF you don't mind an ugly program that visually is stuck in 2003, it may work for you.

- Probably the least user-friendly software I've ever used. It has tons of random settings that are sprinkled all over the software and requires a super-user on your team to accomplish even some of the more regular day to day functions. - Reports are terrible. You have to set the fields and ranges and then waste time running a report to see if it works. I can't tell you how many times I've done this and had the system return a blank report because one tiny parameter was off OR the report doesn't do what I thought it did from the title (with no explanation). - Teachers hate it. It's so limited, it forces your district into changing its grading procedures to fit the limitations of the product - Customer service is dismissive and unhelpful.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for your brutally honest feedback Mr. Furst. As difficult as this review was for us to read, we welcome all feedback--good and bad--and our goal is to deliver a user-centric experience for everyone. One of the reasons we launched our Qmlativ platform a few years ago was because we recognized we needed to upgrade the design and navigation to help create a better experience for users. We hope you reconsider taking a look at Qmlativ and we are confident you will be pleasantly surprised at what you see. Thank you.

Chief Technology Officer (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Skyward is Superior

Ease of useFlexibility managing complex schedules, reports, etcProduct RangeCustomer Support

The interface is dated but that is solved with the new Qmlativ product.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for the super review, John. We're so happy we're meeting your expectations.

Alexis

Skyward for School

5,0 il y a 5 mois

I like the ease of functions Skyward offers. My current school uses a program called TAC and compared to Skyward, it's very difficult. Skyward made it very easy to find student information, input grades, and copy assignments. The attendance was also easy to input. I also like how different schools can change the layout of Skyward to suit their needs.

One thing I do not like about Skyward is the rostering system. Because it goes by period, if a school has A and B days, this causes Skyward to have multiple rosters for each class. This makes it difficult because it takes time to choose the correct roster for the date/period. It's not done with a glance in which I can just click on the period number. It takes much too long to decipher which roster to pick for that date/time attendance.

il y a 4 mois

Thank your review, Alexis! We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
DI Captain, Substitute Teacher, Mom of Three (É.-U.)

Parents Opinion of a versatile Program

3,0 il y a 3 mois

Able to manage all kids in one place. View grades, attendance records and transportation information

A lot of unused apps or functions that is confusing

il y a 3 mois

Thank you for your review, Lindsey. If you'd like to learn how to use Skyward more effectively, we recommend checking out our Family Access Toolkit. It features tutorial videos that help you understand the software better.

Arnie
Arnie
Director of Digital & Accelerated Learning (É.-U.)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 1 001–5 000 employés

The most compatible choice for Student Information Systems

Commentaires : As our primary student information system, we have experiences very few problems that cannot be overcome between our local team and their support staff. Our experience has been successful and our experience with the provider is always solutions based and quickly resolved.

SKYWARD continues to be an industry leader in the area of records management, fiscal management, employee access. It has been the one stop place for all student, financial and employee records in every district I have worked with. The integration with other systems and the wealth of dashboard options allows for all things to be managed in one system.

As an interface, there are areas that need to be updated. The introduction of QMLATIV should address many of the shortcomings of the existing software. We are excited to see what the next generation of the software has to offer.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Arnie. It's always great to hear that Skyward has been successful for users in a variety of settings. We look forward to getting you moved to Qmlativ so you can continue to grow with us and experience continued success.

Brian
Brian
Mathematics Specialist (É.-U.)

So much potential!

Commentaires : I use skyward as an Assistant Principal at a High School. I am constantly looking up where students are to pull them. Constantly looking at there grade, attendance and contact information.

-You can input almost anything into a student's profile and easily find what you are looking for. -You can run numerous reports on anything. However, you have to know exactly what you want and how to do it. You will have to get training or read up on it. -Easy for parents and students to view on your phone. -Numerous options for attendance. Absent, Tardy, walked out, didn't come back from lunch, skipped, truant, doctor, excused, and about 20 more. The only one it doesn't have is absent because more than 15 minutes late.

-There is no easy way to print student grades, schedules and absences. It's not hard, but it's a lot of steps. Find the schedule, print the schedule to PDF, open the PDF, and then finally print the PDF. Attendance and grades are exported to excel and then you have to change the format to print on one page. Like I said, it's not hard, but why can't you just hit print. -When searching for a student with a common name, sometimes the system doesn't show all of them. -It does not tell you a student's current grade. It will show you T1, T2 and S1. T1 and T2 are the progress reports and S1 is the semester average, but it doesn't show the most current.

il y a 4 ans

Thanks for your feedback Brian. Getting input from our users is a priority at Skyward and we invite you to join our User Research Panel by visiting the Support area of our website.

Leslie
Leslie
Graduate Medical Education Resident Coordinator (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001–5 000 employés

Awesome tool for teachers, students and parents

Commentaires : Up-to-date information about my child's progress in school, missing assignments, grades on tests and projects. Especially my for high school student, this info can be hard to get from them and so many times you do not know about issues until it is too late. I open Skyward every night at the dinner table and we talk about grades, upcoming exams and papers. She knows I am looking and it helps her to stay on task.

There are so many functions in one place. Check grades, missing assignments, email teachers, lunch calendar, etc. Multiple children in a family can be easily accessed together.

When emailing a parent/teacher, they cannot respond back directly. I wish they could. It would make the line of communication more direct. But, at least they can read the message and respond back by another means.

il y a 6 ans

Thanks so much for the kind words, Leslie! Regarding the con, there is an option in the message center to enable direct replies. You may want to talk to your Skyward administrator about turning that on if it would be beneficial.

Rachel
Administrative Assistant (É.-U.)
Ressources humaines, 2–10 employés

Reaching Parents/Guardians & Students Quickly

5,0 il y a 5 mois

This allows us to reach both the students and caregivers at once and have all of the information in one place. It also allows them to reach us or return a message quickly and easily.

If there is more than one student sometimes linked to one parent/guardian it doesn't always connect them easily.

il y a 4 mois

Thank you for your review, Rachel! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear Skyward made it easier to communicate with guardians and students.

Teresa
counseling secretary (É.-U.)

Skyward review

Commentaires : This is my district's 7th year using Skyward. I am the counseling secretary in our high school and work in Student Management. I am also a security manager for our district. Honestly, when we made the transition to Skyward I was very unhappy. I didn't find Skyward to be very user friendly and I wasn't pleased with the customer support response time. Oftentimes I was unable to find a way to make Skyward do what I needed. However, as the years have passed, Skyward has made improvements to the program, I have learned the system better and the customer support live chat option is a huge timesaver. Now, I really enjoy using Skyward. I have the dubious distinction of being our district's "Skyward guru" and I believe I've learned a lot through exploration in my efforts to assist others. When I can't find answers, I know that help is only a live chat away! I would definitely recommend Skyward to other districts.

Possibly my favorite aspect of Skyward is the ability to dump data directly into Excel. This is a huge timesaver and allows me to manipulate, sort, share and utilize data as needed. I also like the ability to create reports based on my needs using Data Mining.

There are still a few things that I wish I could do in Skyward, that I can't, such as use activity groups to run certain reports/schedules. Occasionally, we experience what I call "Skyward quirks" when something doesn't work right one day, but it works the next. Recently, our library parapro ran a report and new that the info displayed wasn't wholly accurate. I checked her format and everything was good. I printed it with the same results. I cloned the report, changing nothing, and ran that and it was accurate. The next day her report worked properly again.

il y a 7 ans

So glad we were able to grow together, Teresa, and turn a negative experience into such a positive one. Thank you for all you do to help your district get more out of Skyward.

Amee
2nd Grade Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Skyward requires Skills

Commentaires : Everytime we feel as though we need a retraining between the quarters to use it - to find the button or link that we need to report. It is easy to keep grades, but difficult to find the report, build a template or transfer grades between quarters/semesters. There is lots of keying in on the teachers side. There have been other report managing systems that I have used that have been a lot nicer for data keeping.

We use this software daily and I like the idea of a gradebook that is on-line to report grades virtually, especially with the changes in our world.

Difficult to use, not really user friendly (or teacher friendly rather) for the lower grades. I found that many upper elementary, middle school or high school enjoyed it and used it in so many other ways. We currently only use it to report attendance, grades and scan school entry documents. I am sure there are many other features that this platform offers.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks for your comments Amee. Getting the most from Skyward involves some training and experience. We hope you will check out this article to see the training options you have at your disposal with Skyward. thttps://www.skyward.com/discover/insider/july-2015/know-your-skyward-training-options

Dawn
teacher (É.-U.)

Train your staff in Skyward

Commentaires : Skyward I am sure has many functions that I have not been trained to used. I feel good software should be user friendly and somewhat intuitive; Skyward is not.

I like that I can mark all students present with one click. You can set up seating chart attendance with or without pictures. It can average grades for you. You can see if parents have accessed their child's profiles.

This is not user friendly and requires training. If staff is not trained (I was not) it leads to a great deal of frustration.

il y a 3 ans

Dawn, the timing of your review couldn't have come at a better time. We are hosting a free remote User Group on April 26-30 with all kinds of sessions available to maximize your Skyward knowledge. If you go to our website and click on the Events tap you should be able to find it. There are also resources available at www.skyward.com/learnskyward that should help you. Thanks for your feedback.

Scott
Database Support Specialist (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201–500 employés

Responsive company with top notch software

Commentaires : Skyward has been our SIS for 10 years now and while many districts have switched SIS systems every few years, we have remained happy customers. The main reason for this happiness? The company is very responsive to the input from their customers. Because of being responsive to that input, Skyward has been able to create an extremely flexible system that allows for many different scenarios for how schools operate. The future is bright, and we know even more great things are coming from the company.

Flexibility and the frequency of updates to the software

Navigation can be burdensome for those who have system-wide security access. This is just due to the amount of features that are available, but not much of a problem for end users as they only have access to what they actually need.

il y a 7 ans

Thanks so much, Scott! We promise not to settle for mediocrity in anything and we're thankful for all the insights from you and the rest of the Skyward community.

Krista
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201–500 employés

Easy for teachers to use!

Commentaires : I have used Skyward for both student management and employee access for personal work data. It makes day today task easier and I like having access to important information when needed.

I like how Skyward makes everyday tasks like taking attendance easy or checking attendance history. I also like the availability to gather student information from their profiles when needed.

I don’t like how the app version doesn’t allow you to view detailed information like the computer software does. I wish the two mirrored each other better.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us Krista. We take great pride in the role users play in the evolution of our products. If you haven't done so already, I urge you to consider signing up for our User Research Panel which you can access from the Support area of our website.

Crystal
Special Education Teacher (É.-U.)

I am parent user for this program and I find it to be easy to use and easy to understand.

I like that I can choose how I want my screen to look and can choose the information presented. I am able to toggle between all of the different pages easily and efficiently. I can access my child's information st the click of a finger. Additionally, I can access pertinent school and district information. I prefer this program to PowerSchool, as a parent user. I have access to more information faster and easier.

I have had no real problems with this program so far. It has served my needs as a parent. I only struggled with the initial login, due to a bit of s glitch in the system, but that was all worked out.

il y a 6 ans

Thanks for the positive review, Crystal. We're so happy you are enjoying a better experience with Skyward!

Kolby
Assistant Director (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001–10 000 employés

I LOVE SKYWARD

Commentaires : Overall, when my children graduate, I will have a hard time adjusting to not using it anymore. It has kept me on top of their education and I will recommend that all parents who have access please use it.

I love everything about Skyward. My school district has everything linked and when teachers use it to its full potential it is helpful to a parent that has multiple students to check on and communicate updates about. It has been the one thing that has kept me in contact with teachers over the years of using it.

There are few if any things I do not like about the software. I appreciate that it can be easily navigated.

il y a 5 ans

Thanks for the kind words Kolby. It's always great to hear directly from parents who use Skyward.

Kate
Media Specialist (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Excellent program for student management

Commentaires : I am not the secretary at our school, so I don't get into as much detail with this software as she does, however I do use Skyward on a daily basis. For the information I need about students, this program works very well for me. I am pleased with the organization of information.

The organization of this software is something I really like. I can get on the program without having too much user knowledge and find what I am looking for. I think it has a wonderful array of information options for our students' profiles. This is a user friendly software.

I use this software every day and for the level of use, I don't have any negative issues.

Jeffrey
HR Specialist (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501–1 000 employés

Skyward is a very easy and comprehensive system for school districts.

Commentaires : It took an old outdated system that was previously used and brought the school district back into the modern age.

There is a lot that can be accomplished through Skyward. You can track students, finance, and human resource functions. Each module is very easy to use and they are willing to work with you to assist in making changes and upgrades to their products.

Sometimes the functionality is a little rough, but the programmers have been making constant upgrades to the system and new updates come out all the time.

il y a 7 ans

Thanks so much, Jeffrey. We appreciate your advocacy and promise to keep working toward a better experience every time.

Patti
Secretary (É.-U.)

Patti St. Charles High School

Commentaires : When my district converted to Skyward, some of the training sessions were not as informative as we would have liked. Now that we are a few years into using the software, most of us have come to appreciate all that can be done. It continues to be a learning process. Many of the "features & functions" are real time savers.

Reports that are time savers.

Some settings are at deep levels that are difficult to find and use.

il y a 7 ans

Glad to hear you're saving time with Skyward, Patti! We have a number of training and development resources available that might help with the learning curve. Check out https://www.skyward.com/discover/educator-newsletter-blog/july-2015/know-your-skyward-training-options

Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur

Needs to Function Better

Commentaires : I would like a more user friendly student/parent management system. I feel like there are still many bugs that need to be worked out even though they have been around forever.

Skyward has many features & can be accessed on any device pretty much.

The ability to have buttons to go to next page on the screen- Many times this some how not happening. All options aren't able to be clicked or saved. You have to fill out forms multiple times. Gradebook format gets thrown off. Needs to be easier to use even after 12 years having to use it.

Cortney

Easy Gradebook

5,0 l’année dernière

I use this for attendance, looking up student information, and for a gradebook. The gradebook is very user friendly and easy to use.

The messaging center feature could use some improvements. It is not easy to respond to emails within this platform.

l’année dernière

Thanks for the feedback Cortney. Making sure our attendance, gradebook, and other features for teachers in the classrooms is always a priority for our product team.

AMANDA
Owner/Teacher (É.-U.)

I can keep track of children and how they are doing in school.

Commentaires : Keeping up with my children school progress.

I love being able to log in and see how my child is doing in high school by each class. You can see missing assignments, test scores and quizzes. The teachers and the school can also contact me through skyward.

It can be confusing to use when you first start using it, but it gets easier and easier the more you use it.

il y a 6 ans

Thanks so much for the kind review, Amanda. We're happy to see you're getting the most out of Family Access!

Jayne
Technology Director (É.-U.)

Skyward is our school district's SIS.

Skyward is a very powerful product. We have used it for 15+ years and I am still finding useful features. Anytime I have an issue, support is punctual and extremely helpful to solve my issue.

Skyward can be very daunting because it is so powerful. It is semi-userfriendly, but the interface looks stark and cold.

il y a 6 ans

Much appreciated, Jayne. Thank you! We think we've addressed those interface concerns with our new Qmlativ product.

Lisa
Coordinator (É.-U.)

Review

Fairly easy to for employees for time sheets, request time off, payroll information and history. Employees can see payroll, time sheets, and personal records. Request reimbursement for expenses. Admin uses it for record keeping of employee information

The steps to request expense reimbursement is lengthy and not easy for employees that use it occassionally.