Avis clients sur PRTG Network Monitor

En savoir plus sur PRTG Network Monitor

PRTG est une solution unique basée sur Windows qui mesure le trafic et l'utilisation du réseau et contrôle la disponibilité de ses composants.

En savoir plus sur PRTG Network Monitor

Overall good product and gives needed visibility.

The interface was a little weird to understand at first. However, I had to find how to add users and groups for alerts.

PRTG Network Monitor - Notes

PRTG Network Monitor a reçu une note globale de 4,6 étoiles sur 5 d'après 166 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé PRTG Network Monitor ?

Florian
Florian
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Source : GetApp

That really made my Day!

Commentaires : First of all: Actually (April 2016) the product is free for up to 100 Sensors! I was searching for an easy solution to monitor the internetconnection of one of my customers from outside. They sporadically experienced strange bandwidth problems and the cable provider didn't solve the problem within months. So while searching for an easy to install and use monitoring (simple ping) solution I found PRTG from Paessler in Nuremberg. I 've heard of it before as the Windows based alternative to Nagios. What can I say: I expected a solid Dice Game and ended up in Las Vegas! Installed withing minutes on a small Celeron machine running Windows 7. This runs the core Server and the Probe. You create Groups within the Windows (or Browserbased) Desktop. Within those Groups you create Devices and Sensors (Ping, HTTP, FTP, NTP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP Switch Traffic, ... and I'd say hundreds of others) at Locations you can define and are shown on a map. A configurable HTTPS allows secure Browser and mobile APP access. I use the one for my Windows phone that shows me my favorite (customer) Sensors directly. Automatically scan your Network (that might create a lot of Devices and Sensors, especially when you are using SNMP ready Switches, but don't worry, just pause them before you run out of your licenses). Monitor Switch Traffic if you wonder how long the Windows 10 updates disturb your other Machines. You can install remote Probes in other networks to monitor them and still collect all data on one central monitoring server. PS: In the end, the cable provider changed the modem after I sent them several times very clear screenshots from PRTG where you could see the 1800 ms echos all three weeks instead of 32 ms the rest of the time.

Very good structure and overview of your devices and systems load, usage, availability and traffic Easy install and use. No deep knowledge of MIB, RMON, LINUX or SNMP necessary Free for small environments Very Flexible (google 'prtg netatmo' for an impression :) Be aware and informed about uprising problems (Mail, SMS, Mobile) You literally see what your users experience

Really! I have been thinking, but didn't find that much. Rather ... nothing? OK, one: you need a Windows system. That might be an issue for some.

Vladimir
IT Architect (Lituanie)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 201-500 employés

prtg monitoring

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : More than 5 years. monitoring (ISP infrastructure, Enterprise clients infrastructure)

Intuitive management interface. Ease to integrate to your environment

Price. But if you compare to other monitoring services, it is normal

Systems Engineer (Suisse)
Divertissement, 201-500 employés

Easy to implement, web based and nearly agent less monitoring

3,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : It was easy to install and manage, it's helpling a lot with monitoring and alerting and it's aeasy to use. Also to adapt or tweak thresholds is very easy.

It's very easy to implement and for a lot of the user cases it does not need an agent or software to be installed

For well known Enterprise Products e.g. VMWare VCenter there are only limited intergration available.

il y a 9 mois

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community! Cheers, Paessler AG

Analist suport (Brésil)
Informatique et sécurité réseau, Auto-entrepreneur

Easy installation and configuration.

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : A very easy and intuitive tool with a lot of material available for consultation without the need to program in code

Native sensors and easy customization of dashboards

Some sensors still need to be configured via script or OID

il y a 2 mois

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! Your Paessler Team

IT Manager (Australie)
Biens de consommation, 1 001-5 000 employés

PRTG Network Monitor Review

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : it's still very good, although the dashboard and backup is a bit pain, but it's reliable and give me a pic of what the network situation

reliability, this is the software for telling me what is happening over the network, so it must need to very accurate and reliable that i can trust on and react to it.

backup is a big headache still, and no easy way to do it. i would prefer automation on this area.Dashboard are not easy to me. so I just click on device page instead of staying in dashboard

il y a 2 mois

Dear John, Thank you for leaving us a review! If you have any questions please get in touch with our support team. We're happy to help! Your Paessler Team

Jason
Network Administrator (É.-U.)
Équipements publics, 51-200 employés

PRTG - I rely on this more than Windows or Linux themselves

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : I do love this software and my job would be 10x more difficult without it. The 24/7 monitoring, the vast array of sensors available, the maps that can be made available without need for a login, and along with the historical data that is available make this a must use piece of software. It's worth the time even if all you can use is the free 100 sensor version.

I can monitor just about everything I need to monitor. Most are via the built in sensors but the options for custom sensors takes it to the next level.

The price is hard to get past. Smaller shops would have a hard time validating the cost. The interface is can be overwhelming (not sure how to avoid that) and it's frustrating that it's not possible to multi-select objects on a map and move them all at the same time. Instead you have to move them one at a time which can become very tedious.

José
José
IM Manager (République dominicaine)
Pétrole et énergies, 1 001-5 000 employés

Best monitoring system

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : I searched for a long time for such a complete tool, with ease of configuration and a great way to monitor my networks and active equipment.

The dashboard, the variety of connectors and the way to monitor, the easy way to configure, and the ease of monitoring the network out of your reach.

So far nothing to change, for now, it is a complete tool.

il y a 2 mois

Dear José, Thank you for leaving us a review! We are happy that you are enjoying PRTG and we love hearing about how you are using it. Your Paessler Team

Zahid
Lead Engineer (Émirats arabes unis)
Équipements publics, 201-500 employés

PRTG review

4,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Excellent

Easy to configure and add the devices, dashboard is excellent, stable application in very in expensive cost compair to the other appliances

May not be scalable in very very large environment.

il y a 2 mois

Dear Zahid, Thank you very much for your review! For large IT infrastructures we offer the Paessler PRTG Enterprise Monitor. You can find all information on our homepage. Your Paessler Team

Paul
Responsable On-Premise & Cloud Infrastructure (France)
Vente au détail, 501-1 000 employés

PRTG, the best monitoring solution

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : before we have nagios, we need Nagios Administor, now it's easy to deploy and monitor our server

Easy to install, Easy to use, Easy to deploy Sonde

Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.Nothing.

il y a 2 mois

Dear Paul, We're happy that you're happy! Thanks for leaving us a review! Your Paessler Team

Assistant Director IT (Émirats arabes unis)
Vente au détail, 1 001-5 000 employés

Best for network bandwidth monitoring and analysis

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : we used the application in capacity of bandwidth monitoring and network analysis and it was perfect, for small network with less than 20 links even free tool works fantastic, however if you need single software for all IT monitoring and management then then this may not be best one

accurate and in-depth network bandwidth analysis. with drill down option to detect and troubleshoot exact issues causing bandwidth utilization issues. solved many hidden issues after implementing this tool. powerful integration with any vendor.

apart from bandwidth monitoring and network analysis other features are not good enough. application is not complete as 1 stop solution for everything related to network and server monitoring, many features and not integrated with each other

il y a 3 mois

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community! Your Paessler Team

IT tech (R.-U.)
Ressources humaines, 1 001-5 000 employés

The software you want monitoring your network

Commentaires : Fantastic, we can proactively monitor connections and equipment, often we are working on fixing it before the end users know it is broken

Easy to use, reliable, can email or text about alerts, can execute scripts etc. Able to monitor snmp, pings, https and all sorts of things.

It is licensed by sensor, so you can easily run out of you monitor everything, you'll need to be careful to only monitor what you need to

Alternatives envisagées : Spiceworks

Pourquoi choisir PRTG Network Monitor : Ease of use

Logiciel antérieur : N-sight

il y a 3 ans

Dear David, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We are happy that PRTG supports you and your team that well. Cheers, Paessler AG

Jeremiah
Director of Technology (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 11-50 employés

Great monitoring software

Commentaires : we use this on a daily basis to monitor disk space, memory usage, and cpu load for various servers and machines. the dashboards with clear warnings combined with email notifications give us a clear picture of trouble spots.

The free version of PRTG network monitor that comes with 100 sensors allows you to do an in-depth analysis of the sensors available, notifications, architecture, monitoring capabilities etc... to determine if it meets your company's needs. The graphical interfaces, intuitive dashboards, and ease of setup and creating templates and inheritance across devices and types allows for easy use and administration.

it can get expensive the more devices and sensors you continue to add to the platform so use your trial to evaluate wisely how you will implement and for what types of devices. the auto discovery can be nice but also tends to clutter up things.

il y a 2 ans

Ali
aliakkaya91@outlook.com (Turquie)
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés

prtg monitoring tool

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Thanks to the prtg product, I can monitor my network devices with snmp. With the e-mail notifications coming to my phone, I quickly get information from the devices or ports that are down and I can intervene. I realized that with prtg my job became easier.

With OID numbers, it can monitor the status of the hardware found on the device. It is informed by the determined threshold value. PRTG product can be easily managed due to its compatibility with all brands and devices. We monitor it by integrating it with the switch router access point devices we use.

I would like to make visual monitoring by creating the topologies of the sensors I created, this subject can be developed. There is nothing difficult about the product. It is also easy to integrate with our business processes.

il y a 5 mois

Dear Ali, Thank you for leaving us a review! We are happy that you are enjoying PRTG and we love hearing about how you are using it. Cheers, Paessler AG

Alejandro
CTO (Mexique)
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2-10 employés

Very Useful and helps admins all the time!

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Supporting IT is complex, PRTG allows to use the admins time more efficiently and we can do more with the resources we have

easy to use, lot of sensors, easy to implement, probes over internet

Geo maps show sensors and devices but colors don't allow good visibility

Alternatives envisagées : Nagios XI et Network Performance Monitor

Pourquoi passer à PRTG Network Monitor : easy to use, best price performance ratio

il y a 9 mois

Dear Alejandro, We're happy that you're happy! Thanks for leaving us a review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Scott
Senior Systems Administrator (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés

Robust and reliable monitoring solution

Commentaires : This is your one stop shop for a monitoring solution. Best value and most functionality all in one package.

Very wide variety of sensors for monitoring of various applications from SQL servers to custom scripts to ping to SNMP and WMI. Can be configured in a distributed configuration to spread out the load that the sensors place on a monitoring server or to consolidate WAN traffic between the central host and branch offices. Can be setup in a cluster for ultra high capacity server. Very robust selection of reports available with the ability to create custom reports. Beautiful Android client with push notifications. If you are looking for a monitoring solution this need be your one and only stop.

Support can be a little slow to respond often taking a day to respond via email. Only Windows hosts can be used as full sensor probes.

Animesh
Animesh
System Engineer (Inde)
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés

Why Only PRTG?

5,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : It's been more than three years since using this software and our team is also quite satisfied with this product. We are mostly using this product for monitoring purposes, we have more than 100 servers and networks routers, and switches, PRTG has done a tremendous job to fulfill all of our requirements in one application.

when you have to monitor thousands of server and network routers and switches in one platform. I will always recommend the PRTG Network monitoring tool.

I have been using this application for more than 3 years and I didn't find any drawback to turning me around for any other software.

il y a 11 mois

Dear Animesh, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! We are grateful for your kind words and the team here at Paessler is thrilled to hear such good feedback! Cheers, Paessler AG

Felipe
Felipe
Analista de telecomunicaciones (Venezuela)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 501-1 000 employés

Excellent tool to monitor and classify the bandwidth of the network.

Commentaires : I use PRTG on a daily basis in the company, which has helped me to quickly and easily verify the behavior of the network and that I can view it from anywhere via the web.

* I can know what applications are causing high traffic. * I like the simplicity of its interface, which allows me to configure the monitoring sensors, as well as create reports of bandwidth usage for each one. * The web interface with the I can give access to the visualization of the graphics and tables to the other members of my telecommunications team.

PRTG is a software that I use daily and continuously in my work as a network analyst and I have not been inconvenienced, just keep improving it every day. The only thing I can suggest is that they launch a native version for Linux systems.

Ian
Operations Engineer (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 51-200 employés

Versatile Tool for Network Monitoring

Commentaires : Overall, this is a very good tool that has all the functionality of some of the more expensive products without the inflated price tag. I would definitely recommend that any Network Administrator looking for a good monitoring tool give this a try before purchasing something that costs twice as much.

I like the variety of alerting features as well as the visualizations available in the dashboard. You can easily produce executive level graphs to analyze trends across your network devices. The ability to customize which processes on each device to monitor makes this tool even more handy.

While this is an overall excellent product, it can be a little bit clunky to get setup. Also, until you get the alerting tuned right where you want it, it can be a little bit noisy as far as generating emails go.

il y a 4 ans

Dear Ian, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Jesus
Jesus
CEO/President (É.-U.)

Free network monitoring for small businesses with 10-20 servers.

Commentaires : Free network monitoring on a Windows server.

I love the fact it's Windows based and has easy setup features. The biggest pro is the free 100 sensors. If you're running a small business with 10-20 servers, this is the perfect solution to get them monitored for free. We found it to be extremely reliable for this particular use and upgrades were a breeze.

Once you're out of the 100 sensor free version, the cost jumps into the thousands. So if you're expecting to grow much more, then keep that cost in mind. Also, the software installs far too many sensors per server when using the "auto discovery" feature. It's best to manually setup sensors as needed.

Steven
System Admin (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 51-200 employés

Long-time PRTG User

Commentaires : I use this daily to monitor uptime of all servers and critical workstations. I also use WMI sensors when I need more than just uptime information. SQL sensors have also proven to be very useful.

Love the variety of sensors available for various platforms. Email and in-browser alerts are extremely useful.

GUI can be clunky at times, although it has improved greatly over the last few years.

il y a 4 ans

Dear Steven, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. Cheers, Paessler AG

Keith
IT Operations Manager (R.-U.)
Vente au détail, 201-500 employés

Great product for small to mid size organisations

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Really positive - it will transform what you think you know to actually what you can see and act on.

The quick setup and ability to monitor small to mid size environments very quickly. If you are a small business with less than 100 end points then this is the go to product as you get the first 100 devices free

It can be a bit of info overload and you can very quickly run out of devices (under the 100 free) very quickly so have to be quite specific as to what you want to monitor

il y a 5 mois

Dear Keith, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. Cheers, Paessler AG

Luis
IT Manager (Mexique)
, 51-200 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Paessler PRTG Network monitor

Commentaires : Great software overall.

It can monitor many if not all of your network devices, such as firewall, printers, access points, along with software status running on pretty much all hardware, such as real time statistics, can create html maps to embed onto your intranet pages such as with Sharepoint, it also has a great built in reporting interface along with email notifications.

It can take some time to setup sensors the first time, also some of these sensors can be quite complex, requiring the user to call tech support for a viable solution for the expected outcome.

Jim
Systems Engineer (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 1 001-5 000 employés

PRTG Network Monitoring

This app was very simple to install and configure. Installation and configuration was very intuitive, as well as the user interface. Also the ability to monitor and setup alerts based upon geographical location makes the app easier to define and monitor

The GUI provides a tremendous amount of info, perhaps too much on an individual screen, which can make it overwhelming on occassion

il y a 3 ans

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. Cheers, Paessler AG

Dustin
Dustin
Superintendent of Information Technology (É.-U.)

Best Network Monitoring tool out there

Commentaires : Our previous product (Solar-you-know-what) was a beast to configure and keep up and running. PRTG took away a lot of the maintenance and got us straight down to data. Custom sensors have also helped us out on a few devices that are really specialized and specific to our operations.

- Clean interface - Lightweight/no agents required on endpoints - Maps feature is super customizable; map rotation lets you set up a NOC-like screen

Paessler recently changed the pricing structure; the old system was a little bit more budget friendly and in my opinion easier to manage.

Jim
It (É.-U.)
Machines, 51-200 employés

Great for monitoring all IT resources.

Commentaires : It has been a great asset to our monitoring of web server performance. We can identify anomalies and act on them quicker than waiting for someone to call or put in a Help Desk ticket.

Real time graphs keep you informed of performance. You can also see graphs over a time period to review performance over time.

Auto import and network detection when first setting up can cause a massive network traffic. If you run it with the CMD line, you can limit network traffic and only import devices you need to monitor.

l’année dernière

Dear Jim, Thank you for leaving us a review! We are happy that you are enjoying PRTG and we love hearing about how you are using it. Cheers, Paessler AG