Avis clients sur Dragon Speech Recognition

3,9 /5
  • Service client
    3,3 /5

En savoir plus sur Dragon Speech Recognition

Transformez la parole en texte en dictant dans des applications basées sur Windows à des vitesses allant jusqu'à 160 mots par minute.

En savoir plus sur Dragon Speech Recognition

25 avis affichés sur 209

Evans J.
Partner
Cabinet d'avocats, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 26/12/2018

"Great Program; Marginal Customer Service"

Commentaires: I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking daily for practically everything I do, including e-mails, correspondence, documents, and Outlook entries. It is accurate and effectively eliminates the need for a typist. It has a few drawbacks, but they are overwhelmed by its advantages.

Avantages: NaturalSpeaking is the premium software for voice dictation. With an above average microphone, its accuracy is easily about 95% and likely 90% right out of the box. It learns as you use it, customizing itself to your manner of speaking, pronunciation, etc. It is relatively easy to create special words and even phrases and macros that you use often.

Inconvénients: Customer service is a drag. It has been my experience that they are slow to respond. I also find that the knowledge base and online support is not fantastic and often get better results with a Google search than I do searching Nuance's knowledge base. It needs a better Chrome extension so that it does not need to be reset each time you close and reopen Chrome. Also, I cannot seem to train it to recognize how I pronounce certain words, which is regretable because those are almost always the inaccuracies in any document.

• Publié le 26/12/2018
Francis H.
  • Publié le 19/08/2019

"The power of speech."

Commentaires: My Business is all about writing and Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software enables me to get my ideas typed quickly and easily. Moreover, the process is fluid and does not interrupt my creativity. I can talk faster than I can type, therefore, speaking into a headset microphone has become second nature. The purpose of getting this software was to speed up the writing process and to help with my wrist ailments. There are medical benefits too, for people with difficulties in their hands, where extensive typing can be a painful problem. Essentially the benefits to me of using Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software are : Easily transfer my ideas to text by dictating. Transcribe recordings of meetings, podcasts, radio interviews etc. Ease my wrist pain by not needing to manually type so much.

Avantages: I have used Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software for several years, from version 12 to the current version 15 for PC. Anyone vaguely familiar with this type of software may be used to clunky products that struggle to recognize simple words, let alone sentences and so on. Fret no more. Nuance are the market leaders in this field, and for good reason. It works - pure and simple. I defy anyone not to tryout the current version and not be super impressed. Honestly, give it a go. After training it to your voice by reading out a set piece of text in your natural tone and voice, Dragon sets up a profile for you. The more you use Dragon, the better your profile becomes at remembering and crucially, learning how you speak. The current version even allow podcasts, radio interviews etc, to be transcribed with I would say depending upon the clarity of the persons voice, at least 80% accuracy. In addition to using Dragon for dictating, you can use it to navigate the internet. Yes, you can. With practice, you ask Dragon to open up your web browser and speak the web sites you wish to browse. I have achieved limited success with this, though this is more because I haven't grasped the commands yet. I love being able to say commands like - Open microsoft word. New document. Then watch Dragon perform these tasks like magic. More magic unfolds when you start to speak and the text appears. Oh keep in mind, though, you have to say the punctuation. After a while this becomes natural.

Inconvénients: Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software can after several hours of use appear to get tired and become sluggish. Words and phrases it will have previously recognised will mystify it and produce random or garbled results. Dragon will not recognise some commands. This can be annoying when you are trying to complete a piece of work. When this happens, its best to switch it off for a break. Another point is that Dragon can become too particular and remonstrate with you for becoming tired. For example, as we lose energy our voice may decrease in clarity and tone. Well, Dragon is unforgiving, such that when you dictate and are unclear with your words, the typed text will not be what you want. Dragon will have misinterpreted, often with random and bemusing results. Solution, take a break or resort to manual typing.

• Publié le 19/08/2019
Jesse C.
Art/artisanat, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 09/12/2020

"If you speak... It might be done!!"

Commentaires: Currently I was able to get the accuracy on my invoicing corrected and I use it daily. I also use it for customer descriptions on the custom products I design along with taking notes for new designs, customer meetings and for vendor resourcing. Being as though I can speak and do all of that it allows me the ability to keep working on the projects I am doing simultaneously.

Avantages: I have been an avid user of Dragon Naturally speaking for several years. I have been on version 2 since it was released some 10+ years ago. I liked the software but was hesitant to upgrade it due to all the issues it had back then with integration and the limited amount of usability. I recently decided to upgrade to Dragon Professional Individual v.15. Being as though I was a previous user the setup was easy and the migration of vocabulary files was simple and worry free. The tutorial was simple and but could have been more informative. However the purpose for upgrading was to utilize the new features that it offered for my business. At first most users having never used a software of this nature could be easily intimidated by the amount of features it offers. I personally was a bit surprised by what all this version could do in comparison to my "dinosaur" version of the application. The overall integration to nearly every application that I use was simple and very effective in most cases. I can use it for invoices, taking short notes on ideas of new products to design, reply to emails and the list goes on. Virtually anywhere that text is used you can implement the use of this software. And with the Dragon anywhere subscription feature you can literally take it anywhere and use it whether on a pc, laptop, or cellular device.

Inconvénients: I have found this version to be a bit clunky when it comes to invoices and overall voice depiction accuracy. For example every time I say the number 1 it puts in "none". Overall it does have a higher accuracy level than the previous versions and much better than most comparable software publications on the market. I do find the overall business integration to be rather smooth and simple. If I had any complaints it would be not having some general templates designed for voice use such as general invoices, sample email setups and items like that where the accuracy ration should be virtually perfect and just process through said items with speed and ease.

• Publié le 09/12/2020
Chuck Z.
Volunteer
Automobile, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 20/02/2019

"Beware-company does some strange and possible illegal activity. Stay away."

Commentaires: Bad attitudes, excuses (it's not my fault). Lack That positive can-do attitudes. Certainly not a customer-centric company and seem to have lost sight that the customer, pays the bills. I also have PaperPort while supposedly compatible with Windows 10 it certainly is a frustrating and buggy program. My experience with DNS is negative and I will make sure you "pass the message" wherever possible.

Avantages: It gives the disabled more freedom to type but still requires much keyboard action things flowing.

Inconvénients: I have Dragon 15 and a normal update notice popped up on my screen. I like to keep my software up to date so I clicked update now.
The next day I go to use my Dragon and it won't accept my user profile. Being a quadriplegic it took many hours to add custom words/phrases/or things that make Dragon work the best that he can for me.
I call Dragon support and they informed me that this was a complete upgrade and took me to version 15.05. The cost of the upgrade is $99.95. I couldn't believe that asked if they could remove the update and I will continue to use my program as it is. DNS support tells me that's not possible. I can uninstall the upgraded version and reinstall my original version and then Re-train it over again to get back to where it was. Feeling like I was being held hostage DNS support installed the upgrade and then call back for the money. I asked the rather rude support gentlemen what exact benefits does this new version have over the old one. His Response: you get the upgrade, future free technical support (never pay before) future upgrades at no charge" I then repeated the question "exactly what benefits will I receive from this purchase using DNS 15.05 over my current version 15." After some brief silence, he came back with paraphrasing "faster, more accurate, worse with more programs, etc. These are all the same promises that started with my 1st purchase of Dragon 11 and the future purchases of 12, 13 and 15. I really have noticed little to no difference.

• Publié le 20/02/2019
Dan F.
Attorney
Services juridiques, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 24/09/2020

"speak into the mic- it will take it down"

Commentaires: It is a great time saver when you need to get some letters out and a great way to open word and get to formatting the template. it is a positive review and the price, when bought on sale is worth it. I used it to type this review.

Avantages: I enjoy using the softward for letters, correspondence, lists and motions. it works fairly well. it has a hard time learning some words but with time it will get about 90% of what you say. it is faster than hand writing and has some great custom features. I have actually used the product for over 10 years maybe longer. So I am a valid credible user and understand the product. Overall it is the best. While I haven't tried other dictaion programs, friends have all said when they switched to the Dragon products it was a big improvement.

Inconvénients: At times it can be tempermental to the microphone and the attempts to learn your language by reviewing your emails and prior correspondence is difficult to use and difficult to get it to recognize the folders it can reveiw. The User need to get a great microphone and headset.

Gary S.
Technologists
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 17/05/2020

"Many issues with functionality"

Avantages: When it works! It works well. I like the ability to create custom command which is very important to my use. The navigation of websites is pretty good most of the time! The ability to create custom commands for specialized applications is also nice to have.

Inconvénients: The biggest issue that I have with the software, it does not consistently work well. I find myself having to literally reboot my computer to get the software operating again with applications and websites. Some of the issues are very frustrating, such as; working with a common application such as Word I find that menu navigation just does not work. Working with email software such as Office 365 when I speak on certain fields of a form, it just simply does not work. For example I have yet to be able to set the subject line using Dragon. There are numerous times when I get the caption "say that again" and when this happens it simply will not correct itself. I find myself have been you reboot my computer. Very frustrating! When using Google Chrome, after a period of time Dragon just stopped working with the product. Once this occurs you simply have to review your computer. This is very frustrating as well. It also seems to fail we Google Chrome over time. For example, very seldom at my able continue working with Chrome after several hours Dragon simply stopped functioning.

• Publié le 17/05/2020
Serge H.
Owner & Management Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés

"A good step forward"

Commentaires: Once customized and the end-user's experience how to deal with the software, it is of huge value for day-to-day use. Especially for repeating text fragments it is extremely time-saving.

Avantages: After the "learning process" and adaptation to the local language of the user the software works fine and "as designed".

Inconvénients: The learning process of the software (adaptation to the local language) and the effort for the new end-user to learn the most important commands and features takes some time and needs a lot of exercise.

Jenn S.
Physician
Cabinets médicaux, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 25/09/2020

"Good product"

Commentaires: Overall, once tailored to my voice found this very easy and pretty accurate. As noted above, I actually looked this better when I used EPIC and found it more user friendly and efficient. Still use it now, but mostly for A/P.

Avantages: Once set up for the user, is easy to use and definitely helps facilitate charting/notes to be done quickly. Have seen other providers used this in the patient room though I prefer the use it once the visit is complete.

Inconvénients: This software is easier to use in different EHRs - I actually found it better suited when I had EPIC as opposed the allscripts.

• Publié le 25/09/2020
Phil M.
GIS Instructor
Recherche, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 13/04/2019

"The original speech to text software"

Commentaires: Makes reports a breeze. Also, because you are talking out loud, you hear your ideas and they resonate better. You notice your mistakes more readily. You also do not miss out on getting some of your perfect thoughts to paper. You know, those GOLDEN thoughts that you have while you are busy typing and finishing out the last thought that you are still typing. Don't lose the golden thoughts wasting time typing, get them into the document fast!

Avantages: Great software. Makes writing reports, emails, papers, documents so much faster than typing, and I am no slouch when it comes to being able to type. It also releases you from the tethers of a pesky keyboard! You can also program in shorthands to speed up the process. Set it up so that you say ASPCA and it enters in "American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals." Excellent for scientific articles and jargon-heavy reports as you can train it to learn your words, your speech patterns, which make it more accurate.

Inconvénients: Buggy. Works most of the time, but after long stretches, it tends to slow and crash. Save early save often. Save, close, then reopen after any new training to make sure that your edits are saved before a crash.

• Publié le 13/04/2019
Brad S.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 30/09/2020

"Free up your typing hands for other tasks"

Commentaires: When it comes to voice dictation this is the software you want. It is extremely accurate and makes the mundane task of typing a thing of the past. The software seems to continue learning your voice and speech patterns the more you use it.

Avantages: We use Dragon Speech Recognition for almost everything such as research papers, emails, customer correspondence, professional documents, and case notes. We find the accuracy to be impressive and it's super easy to use.

Inconvénients: It takes a bit of time to setup/train the software to recognize your voice patterns and specific words but the initial time invested saves hours later. It does seem to get a bit sluggish when you use it for long periods of time.

• Publié le 30/09/2020
Gerald Q.
Author
  • Publié le 17/10/2019

"The Perfect Author's Assistant"

Commentaires: I do some of my most creative writing late at night. I’ll set up Dragon and then just start talking without paying attention to the program. If I get stuck I’ll just think of something else and just start talking again. I won’t even check my work at the end of the night. Just save it and go to bed. The next day I’ll go over it and be amazed at the quality of most of the copy I’ve written. The text seems noticeably improved over what I write when I’m poking and pecking at a keyboard.

Avantages: I'm an author. I've written a book and many short articles that were published in a variety of online magazines. I have been using the Dragon Speech Recognition software for over 3 years and I love it. I'm not a great typist and in the past I'd have an idea but my sluggish typing would slow me down before I could get my thoughts recorded. With Dragon you simply speak and the software does the typing. While Dragon unquestionably saves you time and effort, more importantly it allows you to maintain your train of thought and commit your ideas much more concisely. Dragon has positively improved the efficiency and the quality of my writing.

Inconvénients: Dragon does make mistakes. It Claims to have a 99% accuracy rate but that means if you are writing a 1000 word essay, you’ll have 10 mistakes. You definitely have to go over your work and fix any problems. Dragon creates a user profile. Over time it ‘learns’ your voice and pronunciations and improves its accuracy.
Dragon also has difficulty with punctuation. I deal with it by speaking the punctuation where I need it. When I end a sentence I’ll say the word “period” or “question mark”. Doing this, while using Dragon, gets to be second nature very quickly. In my opinion Dragon’s benefits far outweigh its minor shortcomings.

• Publié le 17/10/2019
Larry L.
Speaker
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 17/11/2018

"Daily user Dragon 12"

Commentaires: I listen to non-English speakers and translate for them. It is far easier to listen phrase by phrase and then speak their words in English, vs. any other methods I have found. Since I mainly transcribe in this manner, I turn off the command features in Dragon most of the time. It executes commands in Word okay though. I don't use it in other applications though it has all kinds of command and window swapping features. At one time i considered switching to Google Words (about the time I had the quality issues) and I went back to Dragon anyway. Google voice recognition makes a nice backup in a pinch but it has other issues; not the same.

Avantages: It really is a powerful engine. I use it a lot. I recently had to reinstall it on a new computer and lost all my previous settings and profiles. It spent about an hour going through everything I had written before and is cranking out better than ever. The additional RAM and processor speed didn't hurt.

Inconvénients: 1) Dragon is a heavy user of RAM and processor. A gamer or heavy graphic setup is best. If you're running a dinosaur you might be better off with an earlier version of Dragon or Google docs voice recognition. Don't run any other heavy use programs simultaneously unless you are geared up. e.g. If my wife goes to use Adobe Creative Cloud after I've run a Dragon session a complete reboot helps. Heavy graphics, or audio / video like Audacity and VideoPad or Premier I would reboot first just to be safe. Big enough parallel processors and RAM and this won't be an issue for you. 2) This wasn't totally a software issue per se. It seemed like the quality was slowly degrading; it wasn't recognizing my speech as well as before. Dragon said my mic quality was OK. Somewhere along the way I decided to actually listen to the quality of a recording made with my old mic. It was awful. No wonder the poor thing couldn't recognize me and no wonder it was getting worse. Got a newer Logitech gamer headset and now it is awesome.
Hint: Actually listen to the quality of your mic, don't rely on whether Dragon says it's acceptable or not. GIGO.

• Publié le 17/11/2018
Freelance Translator
  • Publié le 09/12/2017

"Works with amazing accuracy. Without doubt, the best voice recognition software available."

Avantages: Its accuracy and ability to execute commands as well as record text. Multiple languages. Adapts by building a profile of the user over time. I bought Dragon NS in 2016, version 13 Premium and was surprised at how good voice recognition has become in recent years. I am a technical translator, French to English, and knew that DNS was fully supported by my computer aided translation software (MemoQ). Even though I am a fast typist, DNS allowed me to double my work output for many translations. I was also surprised by the ease of handling columns and tables of numbers and unusual words with Dragon. In fact, it is easier to say them than to type them. Like many keyboarders, I am OK with the the common keys and punctuation but need to look when doing special punctuation and numbers. Dragon is especially helpful with text containing a lot of the latter. In addition, Dragon knows how to spell! I bought the French edition of DNS (v.13, Premium) because I knew that I could configure two separate user profiles for myself: one for dictation in English and another for French. That has worked out perfectly. This dual-language capability is not available for all language combinations, however.

Inconvénients: The software itself is quite perfected. There is a challenging learning curve and one must learn many voice commands in order to edit using voice. On the other hand, the keyboard is still operative and it is quite feasible to mix voice and keyboard work. My most serious complaint is not about Nuance's DNS, but about some programs by others that do not support it well. For example, I use MS Office 365 and DNS works well with Word and Excel, but not with OneNote (however, it does work well with Evernote). It is not supported well by some online translation platforms like Memsource, which some of my clients require me to use. So if you plan on using it with specialized applications or platforms, you will need to verify that DNS is supported.

• Publié le 09/12/2017
Medical Resident
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 23/04/2019

"Dictation Made Easy"

Commentaires: I dictate regularly, and it makes it so much easier to write notes (and saves my fingers from early arthritis, I'm sure). I'm able to "teach" this program medical terminology, and it makes my job so much easier. Would highly recommend for anyone who needs to write notes at length.

Avantages: Dragon is one of those software apps that seems to have been around forever, and for good reason. Having used this for medical dictation, I can say Dragon is perhaps the best in the field. It's easy to use, easy to set up, and it adapts rather well (you can add your own words that may not normally be recognized, so medical terminology can be programmed in based on your pronunciation). In addition to dictation, which Dragon does extremely well, you can also use Dragon to execute commands based on voice prompts. While I use this feature less, it is still rather functional. In short, Dragon adapts well and performs well. It's the leader in dictation software for a reason.

Inconvénients: My only complaint would be that it uses up a lot of memory, which can be a problem on older machines. I personally use my laptop primarily, which is newer and does not run into these problems, but if you're forced to use an older desktop it may be laggy at times.

• Publié le 23/04/2019
Kelsea M.
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 24/02/2020

"Making Connection Easier for Those with Disabilities"

Commentaires: Our clients can stay connected which adds to their mental well being. This is important to the caregivers at West Coast Independent Living. The more independence these folks feel, the more empowered they are.

Avantages: I researched and purchased this software for the folks in our independent living facility. People here are physically disabled but mentally sound- and usually are new to living with a disability due to illness,an accident etc. This speech recognition software allows our clients to stay connected through the internet just as they had before. Emails, internet searching and using application such as Microsoft Word are accessible to them once more.

Inconvénients: The icon at the bottom which we keep "pinned" to the banner for clients ease of use, can sometimes be too close to other icons. When you do *not* wish to use the software, if you inadvertently press the icon it can take a while to wait for the software to load etc to be able to close it down. For people who cannot use their hands, it can be hard to close all of the windows when not in use. As this software likely is used by those with physical impairments, it is just something to note.

• Publié le 24/02/2020
Ray Z.
Owner/Operator
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 12/10/2017

"Overall, a huge time saver"

Commentaires: Time saved and ease of use. I have never been fond of typing and prefer to be able to express my thoughts orally - I can do that and still have a written record or response easily available and legible.

Avantages: I have been using the Dragon line for many years and it has gotten considerably easier to use and more accurate with each new release. Gone are the days that you had to spend hours on end training the product to recognize your speech patterns, idioms, idiosyncrasies and accents. The accuracy continues to improve and the formatting and command options are, at times overwhelming.

Inconvénients: The help menus have a lot to be desired, if you are looking to find a quick answer, forget it! You have to know the exact terminology and context that is used in the help section or else spend a lot of time searching. When you do find an answer, the writers assume that you are a programming genius that knows exactly what is being discussed - if you need plain language answers, you won't find them. The manufacturer's support is, bluntly put - non existent, you will find more helpful information in user forums and blogs.

• Publié le 12/10/2017
Continuing Lecturer
Enseignement supérieur
  • Publié le 24/10/2017

"Enormous time saver with an fairly easy learning curve."

Avantages: I am neither a fast nor accurate typist and this software lets me dictate all my documents, saving me hours of time. I can create or edit all types of documents and forms as well as dictate on line with email or Web forms. The commands are simple to learn and it didn't take long to get up to speed, especially since I used to dictate in my prior legal position. The program is powerful and seldom makes a mistake and I speak quickly. It has been a life-saver, freeing me from the keyboard. Invest in a good headset mic to increase accuracy and make the most out of this software.

Inconvénients: It does take a good chunk of memory/computing power to run and though my system exceeds the recommended minimums, it does slow things down when Dragon is running. It also frequently freezes if I have multiple windows open or programs running when Dragon is in use. This doesn't stop me from using the program, as it is an infrastructure issue, but it's worth mentioning as a heads up. I might just have to get more RAM to solve this problem. I also would love to see a less-cumbersome way to change capitalization or edit grammar with verbal commands but I am still getting used to that side of the program. ;-)

• Publié le 24/10/2017
Occupational Therapist
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 23/08/2019

"It doesn't get any better than this!"

Avantages: As an Occupational Therapist, I use this software with many of my patients who can no longer type, or who have difficulty with vision. Dragon Speech is by far the go to product for all of us in my field because what it does can be learned so quickly, modified very simply, and adaptable and sophisticated enough to help students needing to write papers, create assignments, etc. It is also helpful for those of us who do point of service documentation because dictating basic information while performing an evaluation removes the laptop from between me and my new patient. I cannot stress how extremely important that can be when working with someone who cannot process with even slight distraction. So much good in one small package. Worth every penny.

Inconvénients: The only drawback i ever have is cost for people with low income situations but we typically find a way around this. An academic specific program would be nice for students with various differing abilities who need to be able to utilize specific programs with their classmates for group projects, etc. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say.

• Publié le 23/08/2019
Dustin M.
Field Technician
Matériel informatique, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 12/06/2018

"The only full service voice dictation software."

Commentaires: Very cheap and effective Medical dictation software.

Avantages: First of all this is really all about the Medical edition of the software. I support 50 doctors who use this software on a daily basis. I have users who speak at barely a whisper and then I have doctors who will speak so loudly and fast to dictate you would think they are having a shouting match with someone. It can be trained to pick up speech patterns and accents. It's a very accurate piece of software and each version keeps getting better. The dedicated support team we have access to with Dragon is top notch as well. On average they respond to my odd ball problems within an hour and have some potential fixes.

Inconvénients: There are times when Dragon will start lagging and not properly dictate, this is annoying but it can be fixed. Since we use Citrix in our environment we have to occasionally run a program to restore vSync and after doing so Dragon is back to picking everything up.

• Publié le 12/06/2018
Rob B.
WSO2 Trainer and Integration Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 08/12/2019

"Dragon Speech listens to what you say"

Commentaires: Overall, Dragon is software for speech recognition on the PC. However, speech recognition for dictation of articles is something that has to agree with you. Many people do not like to talk to the PC for this purpose and prefer to type in the article in stead. I would love to test out the app on smartphone or even have it integrated in the car as part of the standard software. That is however quite unlikely.

Avantages: The software is great for dictation. I use it for English and Dutch with some words added to the vocabulairy because of the fact that they are typical acronyms (like WSO2, APIM etc). In contrast with speech recognition in the past the amount of getting used to your voice is now minimal. Just read a couple of lines and you are good to go. You can include things like next line and it will actually go to the next line. One of the best things is that you can import a sound file that you would like to transcribe and it will output the text to an rft file or you copy it to word.
There are apps on the smartphone from dragon that will allow you to dictate and process the sound in the cloud and give you the text in the app but until now it has only been available in the US for English

Inconvénients: Every now and then a profile does not load any more and i need to either create a new profile or switch to the other profiles.

• Publié le 08/12/2019
Joshua T.
Artist
Art/artisanat, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 08/04/2020

"Best Speech Recognition, Hands Down. Literally."

Commentaires: Overall this software is the best of its kind. It may not come with my personal vocabulary completely represented, but it can learn what it doesn't already know and I don't have to argue with it over whether I said *Rub a conservative amount of ointment on the entire area." or "Rubber serving plenary arias." (Actual real life mistake from a leading competitor's speech recognition software we have all had the displeasure of dealing with when sending messages in the car). It's the first thing I install on any new device I purchase.

Avantages: It's accurate and doesn't force you to repeat the same sentence at it so many times you catch yourself screaming at an inanimate object in front of a busy lobby full of clients.

Inconvénients: I would like to see a larger dictionary from initial setup and a more intuitive punctuation algorithm.

• Publié le 08/04/2020
Senior Associate
Services financiers, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 01/12/2018

"Works like a charm"

Commentaires: If you are in language transcription business or medical transcription business or just have a lot of tying to do, don’t give it a second thought and just buy this. It’s incredible at what it does with Speed and Accuracy. It could really save you a lot of time but it takes a while to get to know the commands and get your voice recognised in all scenarios. Overall a great product 👍🏻

Avantages: 1) Accuracy is one of the best things about it.
2) Speed is another aspect that it scores highly. I talk really fast, but it still manages to write down almost all of it.
3) Command Set is pretty easy to understand and get used to.
4)Huge Time saver - If you are into Transcription business like me, it’s a dream come true. You can get so much done in such little time and ofcourse earn more 🙂

Inconvénients: 1) RAM consumption is a lot with this software. You can’t really multitask if it’s open.
2) Sometimes it starts to lag behind in the writing process, but that rarely happens.
3) Comprehensive inbuilt Grammar check is missing which would really take this software to a new level.

• Publié le 01/12/2018
Chris E.
Children's Book Writer
  • Publié le 05/02/2019

"Dragon Keeps Me Writing"

Commentaires: I started using Dragon to reduce tendinitis in my wrists. It made a huge difference, and when I later broke a finger, it was great to already have the system in place. I use it for almost all "typing" on the computer, from e-mails to writing novels. When I started, it was really the only voice-recognition system out there. I keep using it because I'm so used to it, but I don't know if it's better than other options that may be cheaper.

Avantages: Voice recognition allows me to produce an enormous amount of writing without taxing my wrists and other body parts.

Inconvénients: It takes some time to train. Partly you train it, and partly it trains you. You have to proofread very carefully as errors frequently slip in. It is not faster than typing – but it is easier on the body.
It can also be hard to transfer your user files to a new computer. It's possible, but I had to get help from an expert.

• Publié le 05/02/2019
Sander O.
  • Publié le 16/01/2020

"Perfect solution"

Commentaires: Dragon is just working fine. It puts the word I say in my screen And even allows me to control my computer With simple commands. You need to carefully read the text you composeBecause sometimesText recognition is not perfect and worse ( words) with a complete other meaning will show

Avantages: Due to a handicap I Do Use a whole lot of speech recognition For all my work, even made all my websites with speech recognition software from Dragon. I write complete books with the software solution.

Inconvénients: Ever since I upgraded my computer and soundcard the software is more precise. So the more money you spend on your computer the better results you will get. Kind of realistic I think :-)

• Publié le 16/01/2020
Brenda K.
Teacher
E-learning, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 16/06/2020

"Allows for efficient multi tasking"

Commentaires: Overall experience has been very satisfactory. I have cut my work time in half.

Avantages: The ability to just be able to speak and have it transcribe accurately and quickly. I do student assessments and curriculum adjustments daily. It is time consuming if you are stuck at the keyboard all day. This allows me to get other tasks accomplished simultaneously. Spelling is usually error free and it gets accustomed to words and phrases you use often. I am getting so many words per minute accomplished using this method rather than typing.

Inconvénients: A little pricey. I would recommend for people who will use it multiple times per week to make it cost efficient. You may want to invest in a good microphone. I got one online at a reasonable price. my children are Home schooled and also use it from time to time. If you are using this for children be sure they speak loudly and clearly as it may make more errors when words are not spoken clearly. Cumbersome installation but worth it in the end!

• Publié le 16/06/2020