Avis clients sur Duolingo

En savoir plus sur Duolingo

Cloud-based learning management system that helps educators provide language training and track student's progress.

En savoir plus sur Duolingo

Sometimes the theme or words become repetitive, and even the fact that you stop accessing the application makes you go back to the beginning, this demotivates you a bit.

Duolingo - Notes

Duolingo a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 425 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Duolingo ?

Rick
Rick
Construction, 2-10 employés

Duolingo is great for learning a new language

5,0 l’année dernière
Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Julien
Julien
Responsable de pole digital (France)
Formation professionnelle et coaching, 11-50 employés

Idéal pour réviser/apprendre l'anglais de tous les jours

5,0 il y a 6 mois

Le mode d'apprentissage et le découpage en micro modules

Sans un abonnement payant, les éléments, modules de langages que vous maitrisez seront quand même à effectuer d'un bout à l'autre et il faudra toujours revenir sur chaque modules régulièrement dans l'année pour les garder "acquis". Mais je suis français, c'est dans mon sang de toujours me plaindre !

Daniel
Daniel
System engineer (Salvador)
Développement de programmes, Auto-entrepreneur

Efficient daily practice

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : I used the app to practice my English and Italian, however when trying to learn a new language I couldn't feel the same experience. I think it's meant for people who know a language and want to practice it. Not for those who do not know anything about a language.

Very interactive software to learn and practice up to more than 5 languages. I really like the repetition technique you use to learn and practice. It rewards connecting day by day and the free and paid version are great.

I don't like that afterwards it becomes somewhat monotonous. I should put new methods of practice little by little.

Associate Analyst, Talent Acquisition (Jamaïque)
Externalisation/délocalisation, 10 000+ employés

Great Beginner Language Learning App

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : My overall experience was really good. Everything was easy to follow and the app itself is quite fun!

I like how user friendly and interactive the Duolingo Software is. It’s very easy to track your language learning progress and the layout of the app is very fun. It kinda mimics a game, which is great to hold interest especially for young language learners. I like that you can start to learn a language from scratch using Duolingo. I started learning Italian using the app about 2 years ago and I learned quite a bit of vocabulary and also how to form simple sentences to express myself clearly as a beginner. It’s also impressive how the app provides you with a built in feature that guides you as it relates to the correct pronunciation of verbs. The activities also include listening comprehension which is great when you’re new to a language and don’t exactly have anyone to talk/ listen to. I know there are thousands of free videos on the internet but at times it can be a bit hard and overwhelming to keep up with what the speakers are saying when you’re very new to the language. With Duolingo, everything is perfectly paced for a beginner to understand with ease and I like that a lot. Another advantage worth mentioning is the numerous languages that the app offers. I like the flexibility a lot; and honestly, whenever I start to learn another language, back to Duolingo I’ll go!

I think the app is great for beginners, it gives you a strong foundation for your language learning journey. However, as you begin to progress into an intermediate or advanced level, you begin to realize that there’s not much more that the app can do for you. The lessons become a bit too calculated and robotic which isn’t good if you’re wanting to advance. You will need to bypass the app and try other language learning methods which will offer more spontaneous learning opportunities. Another con is the limitations that come with the free version, but like any other application, that is to be expected and we can’t necessarily blame Duolingo for that. All in all, I would highly recommend Duolingo to any beginner language learner.

Retired (R.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, Auto-entrepreneur
Source : GetApp

Was brilliant but change of format makes it unusable

1,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : To begin with it was excellent. They have just changed it so it is useless

Nothing now. I used to like it before the whole format changed as it was an easy fin way to learn languages

Tis is now useless as one cannot revise or be sure that that one has learned a module before moving on. There re now no explanations or tips of grammar, for example how to deal with tenses of verbs, so one cannot learn!

Nikolay
Team Leader (Tchéquie)
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés

Addictive and fun!

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : It's very fun, very modern. The paid subscription Super Duolingo is super affordable as well, but if you can stand ads, you are quite okay with the free version as well. I cannot imagine a better platform to learn a new language on the go, on your phone, tabler, or your PC's browser. Do not expect you to be fluent in a week or a month, but every bit helps. Be patient, enjoy the cute experience and check the Klingon language as well.

Learning languages with Duolingo sure is fun. I have used it for so many years to learn Czech and Japanese. From the cute interface and animations to the option to draw Japanese symbols on the phone screen, Duolingo offers a free and accessible way for anyone to learn new languages. With their paid Super Duolingo plan, you can get rid of the annoying advertisements - I am one of those impatient people who don't like ads, have unlimited hearts, and you can also have a family plan where you can share the service with your loved ones at a very reasonable price. You can pretty much learn every major language plus some very "exotic" ones such as - Klingon(!!) and High Valyrian (!!!), both very important and useful in our daily lives. I am hoping for Duolingo also to add the option for us to learn Slovenian in the future. It's one of the less used languages but very dear to my heart. The daily quests and the monthly challenges are fun as well and a reason for competitive users to log in more often and do their "daily grind." Without you realizing it, you will learn so many new words by simply spending 15 min per day, or an hour like me.

I will be honest - since I am a very competitive person, I spend a lot of time grinding for experience (XP) just so I can beat other users and advance in the leagues. Currently, I am in the Sapphire League, but I feel like giving up for a while because the competitive side of me blocks the one that wants to actually learn the language. Maybe don't make the competition and advancing into a higher league that tough?

Alumni (É.-U.)
Matériel informatique, Auto-entrepreneur

Best Language Learning Experience

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : I have tried a few other language learning apps, but I always come back to Duolingo. It is yet to be seen if it can help me gain some level of fluency (which will likely require more language immersion than an app can provide), but it has been an excellent tool to get me started in that direction.

The interface is very easy to use and has improved considerably over the years. The gamification of learning has really helped me stay on track: It is fun to be able to quickly move through each task while still seeing noticeable progress. The whole experience is definitely finely tuned in order to keep you from getting discouraged while also being challenged.

Since the base version is free, there must be ads, but, besides the ads, I wish there were not so many prompts to click through after every lesson. The calculation of points and rewards should be only one or two screens: I want to get on to the next lesson.

zainab
University lecturer (Irak)
Vétérinaire, 51-200 employés

My all time favorite App

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : I am very satisfied with Duolingo, it is like my best friend. I play it everyday without even turning on the notifications.

I am a huge fan of duolingo, I play it everyday and i have a streak of more than two years legit. I finished the Turkish course on duolingo and now i am learning the Spanish language course. Honestly i cannot stop using it, the app is super easy to be used they have arranged it in a very simple and fun way. I recommend it to everyone of my friends even i shared it with my students in the university.

I have no negative points on duolingo, but i just want to write my opinion on the new update, sometimes it gets jammed i dont know why since the older version wasnot doing that.

Front-end developer (Nigeria)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

Duolingo a Great Learning Software

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : I have been using Duolingo to learn Spanish. And it's all awesome and fun to use. It's very easy to use. I love how my Spanish speaking have improved tremendously with Duolingo. And I am also learning other languages with it. It's really a great language learning software that anyone could use with 100% ease.

One feature I love is the gamification, how learning on Duolingo is so fun. I love I could learn more than one language on Duolingo and the learning paths is another great feature I love. Duolingo is the best language learning software I have ever used and still using.

No, there's no feature I don't love on Duolingo.

Founder (R.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés

Addictive language learning

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

The learning is made very easy and you have the ability to continue to work through courses you have already learned. There is a global community of users who you can track / compete with if it helps your leardning

I find no problems with this product, even when you are on the free version the ads are not exhaustive

freelancer (Canada)
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur

overall is a good way to learn new languages.

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : overall, it's a good idea to use this APP. to start learning one or more than one language at the same time. if you keep putting effect in, you will see your progress.

It's easy to use. And there's so many different languages are available to learn. overall, it's kind of fun language learning APP.

There really not too much about customer support; although there is an email, no one responds to inquiries on it.

Joshua
Artist (Australie)
Musique, 2-10 employés

Duolingo lowkey OP

5,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

What I love about duolingo is that you can learn multiple languages and the variety of languages you can learn are pretty good. In terms of relitive languages that is. Personally a few months ago I did 10 minutes of basic russian phrases on duolingo and I still remember about half of them. That being said if I were to commit 30 mins a day or 20 mins a day into duolingo it could actually be pretty helpful with learning a language. Most importantly it's free which is just amazing. Why is it free? I dont know. But i'm certainly not complaining

What I like least about Duolingo is probably that I can't learn my home language which is 'Shona'. It's not a big deal but it just means I can't speak my origins but duolingo is really good anyways

Whitney
Whitney
Asst. Vice President (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

Excellent language learning app

5,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : Duolingo has definitely impacted communications with others who speak different languages. Comprehension of written communication has seen the most positive change, followed by the ability to speak and then listening/understanding verbal communication. I believe this is due to the nuance of individual speakers' accents and phrasing. Overall, the learning attributable to Duolingo is significant.

I highly recommend Duolingo. There's a free option available, which includes adds and some limited features, yet the Pro option is excellent. This is definitely a "get out of it what you put in to it" tool, and if utilized regularly, users will learn a language. Lessons focus on "useful" learning i.e. key words and phrases vs. conjugation of verbs and other grammatical elements. Those things are incorporated in to the lessons, yet the user almost doesn't notice because it's so well integrated.

The sequencing of some of the lessons seems a bit strange sometimes, as why one topic comes after another and not before can be odd. However, it's minor and perhaps even more of a preference.

Regina
Configuration Specialist (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés

Great Language Learning Software, But Riddled with Ads

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I have had a pretty good experience with Duolingo. It is a very effective software for language learning. It is easy to track your learning and the learning style is effective for teaching language content. I was able to apply my learning a lot faster using Duolingo as compared to other language learning software. Duolingo is available via a mobile app so you can take your courses with you anywhere. Courses are also very short so it's very easy to get a few done in a relatively short time, so perfect for learning over lunch breaks or other micro-learning sessions.

Duolingo is very easy to use and very effective. It uses immersion learning like Rosetta Stone but it's more guided. It eases you into the language you chose to learn. Gamification is good; it awards you frequently with gems to be used in the app for various perks. I have noticed that I was able to read content in my chosen learned language much faster using Duolingo than compared to Rosetta Stone. It's also very accessible in the form of a mobile app, so if you install it on your phone, it can go with you anywhere which makes learning much more accessible.

I don't like how many ads Duolingo makes you watch between lessons. It is distracting to the learning environment. It's not a problem if you subscribe to Duolingo Plus but the free version's ads are very distracting and not conducive to learning. It pushes you toward subscribing even if you don't necessarily want to.

Anne
Brand ambassador and affiliate marketer (Kenya)
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur

Best language learning app

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Generally, i have had a great experience with Duolingo. I am actually still using it at the moment.

What i like most about Duolingo is the fact that it is absolutely free and out of all the other language learning apps, it has the widest variety of languages to learn; 37 to be exact. I also like the simplicity of the app. It's so easy to use even for the most ordinary person. The way the app is designed with funny animations is so welcoming that you can actually look forward to learning a language. I also love the way the app is designed to encourage the learner to not give up even when he or she has made a number of errors. Duolingo recognizes that language learning is not easy and patience is a required virtue so when one feels like throwing in the towel, the app is there to remind you in some way that it may be challenging, but it will all be worth it in the end. With all the positive attributes that the app possesses, i believe it is a great and fun tool that can even be used by children and families not just for learning, but for spending leisure.

What i dislike about this software is the lack of option for learning offline. I think learning should not be limited to strong internet connection. If there is a way that the software can be adjusted just a bit to accommodate learners who have poor internet connection, that would be wonderful so that learning goals can be reached faster. When it comes to the ads, there are some ads that are displayed that make me feel uncomfortable even as an adult. For instance If i was using Duolingo in public and some of these ads are shown, then people can question my character and probably any other learner's character.

Asst GM (Inde)
Exploitation minière et métaux, 10 000+ employés

Learn so many languages for free!

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : It changed the way I learn. It is so effective and flexible that I can devote few minutes to few hours every day and learn something every day.

1. You can learn almost any language in the world for free in a user-friendly manner. 2. Rewards, points, stars, bonuses keep motivating you to learn more. There is no limit on how much you can practice. 3. There are stories, daily practice lessons, grammar tips to help you learn from the very beginning. 4. You can create streaks, double your points, wear attire for the Duo mascot. 5. You can practice, earn points, and clear checkpoints to motivate you. 6. There are listening and speaking exercises too. 7. You have leaderboards to compete. 8. You can follow friends and give them high five to encourage. 9. You can feel proud of the achievement badges that you earn with a lot of hard work. 10. You can clear your doubts by posting to people in the community groups while practicing lessons. 11. You can study multiple languages by adding as many courses as you want.

1. There is no video interface to learn the nuances of a language. 2. If you give feedback for wrong sentences in rare cases, you may not hear back soon. 3. You cannot chat with friends you follow. 4. Sometimes you get the same sentences for practice which may defeat the very purpose of learning.

Francisco
Chief's Editor (É.-U.)
Production audiovisuelle, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Don't forget to practice!

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Excellent, I use my free time to learn and practice, even 15 minutes per day is enough.

It is a very fun way to learn and practice the languages ​​you already know or can learn a new one. What I like the most is that you can do tests for your level or to prove yourself.

I wish there where integrations with other apps or services, to make learning more complete.

Clinical Psychologist (Inde)
Psychologie, Auto-entrepreneur

Best Language Learning App

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Amazing: - Learning something new
- Getting help with cognitive exercise
- connecting with other users
- economical
- tracking the progress

- The choices we have as a user to learn from 'N' number of languages (I tried French, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, finally ending up with German, which I felt more interested in, currently i'm on a 272 days streak ) - Being able to track the Progress - More than the language learning, I use it as a mental and cognitive exercise tool, and encourage my therapy patients to try it out, as I feel it helps in cognitive development, memory and concentration, - Love the graphics of the app, its really pleasing to the eyes, - The reminder system, you have an option to get a whatsapp reminder, app notification reminder, mail or text reminder - The reward system in the app, you get 'gems' and 'XP', 'time boosters' and 'story section' (My favorite) as rewards which you can further use to do more language exercises and more - Recently added 'Feed' section to learn more about things happening around in the Duolingo world and more information - Being able to compete with other users and much more

- reporting an error in a language exercise was difficult

Sheikh Sakib Ishrak
Sheikh Sakib Ishrak
Associate Software Engineer (Bangladesh)
Logiciels, 201-500 employés

Home for Learning New Languages in a Fun, Casual Way

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Duolingo knows how to keep learners motivated. Daily challenges, leaderboards, progress reports, reminders, the app's relaxing theme - everything suits my passive learning style. As the lessons are short in length, I usually get into a lesson without dedicating a long session for it. It has been a great experience so far.

A wide range of language courses is available to enroll. One of the most attractive things about Duolingo is the way the entire learning process is set up - Gamified, relaxing bite-sized lessons to dive into anytime, even on the go. Progress tracking, looking back into previously learned contents, leaderboards, community to discuss with other learners/experts - everything is well organized and easily accessible. One great part is, anyone can dive in to learn any language without spending money while staying opted out of any advertisements.

While Duolingo gives a way of learning in a fun casual way in a gamified environment, someone who has a higher priority of learning a language over other activities might find Duolingo's pace rather slow. Sometimes the lessons do feel kind of repetitive. Not everyone learns at the same pace, and I think this balancing still has an opportunity for improvement. The mobile app still lacks various features available in the web app.

Software Support Technician (Bosnie-Herzégovine)
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés

How to Master new language? Try Duolingo

Commentaires : After using it for a couple years so far, I can say that I am more than satisfied with Duo, especially after I started learning German daily with the use of it ( currently I am at my 358 day with 234 crowns and I want more knowledge, more skills and of course more Duo ). I would like to see more improvments in Duolinguo and if possible, that they return as officially recognized by LinkedIn as well, as I would like to boost more my German, share it with my connections and eventually land a new and better job thanks to it.

I love that feeling of accomplishment after new skill was acquired or new level gained ( and crown for it too ). It teaches me the basics of some language and it is free too, but I would like to see even more chapters in future, as you can't get enough of it.

I don't like the new system with five hearts ( for five negative answers, after which you fail a lesson ), but I understand it is there in order for this platform to keep being free for everyone and because of that I don't mind it too much. In the other hand, I would like to get more things which can be bought in the Duolingo shop, maybe some new outfits for Duo and especially more advanced skills for languages.

Admistration Assistant (Afrique du Sud)
Construction, 501-1 000 employés

Fun learning with friends

5,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : It is an easy and quick way to learn a language and the free edition does suffice for me.

The best thing about learning Spanish with Duolingo is learning with some of my friends in my contacts. We have made a subtle competition and is quite motivating. I am on the basic/free edition and it works fine for me. One of the best feature about Duolingo is that I am able to go back and review exercises I've recently gotten wrong and also listen to the ones i missed. Of course that is on the Doulingo Plus which I was trying for 14 days. It tempted me to subscribe.

Sometimes I get wrong on most obvious expressions since it has its own sort of rigid interpretation. But i often ignore and move on.

Gabija
Student (Émirats arabes unis)
E-learning, 51-200 employés

Looks like a game, although it works as a teaching plan!

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : I'm a happy user of Duolingo. I recommend it to my students. It's not possible to learn a language entirely only using a Duolingo (well, that's not surprising), but it's way easier if a student uses it. I like their new features (podcasts, short stories). I would like to see improvements on machine translation and to see more customer support when users spot mistakes in the phrases.

It looks like a game - beautifully designed and user friendly; there are new features now and then (podcasts, short stories, grammar comments, etc.); constantly changing and adding new material or diving the old one in different chapters; works both on phone and on desktop device; easy to keep track of learning.

There is a feature of "streak" - how many days in a row have you used Duolingo and earned XPs (points). However, if one can't keep up with the streak, usually it ends up in losing motivation to learn after all. This is especially true for those who had 100-200 days of streak (well, I'm one of them!) Some topics are devided into so many small classes that they become too repetitive and might seem boring. Sometimes the phrases you need to translate make no sense at all ("my blu turtle wears black jeans" style of sentences). Also, Duolingo lacks flexibility in terms of machine translation - it simply doesn't accept different answers to the same question, although it should

Alain
Author (É.-U.)
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur

Homework, homework, homework

4,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : My overall experience is good, but not excellent (some of the sentences are kind of weird and not very useful). But it’s a good way to gain confidence on your grammar when it comes to write in a different language.

I think there are not such a thing of too many tools to help us learn (or improve) languages, so it’s good news that we have apps like Duolingo, one of the best known by the way. And that’s for something. I feel like I’m carrying my English teacher in my pocket, I can do the homework literally everywhere and at my own pace. I think it’s especially useful for beginners or for the lowest level skills.

This app is convenient and easy to use, but I’m not sure if it’s the best way to gain fluency in a language. I’ve been trying to be proficient in English for a while now, and I find it helpful to learn grammar, writing and reading, but not as much to improve my listening or speaking. Nothing like practicing dialogues and conversation with native speakers to do so, these language apps won’t do miracles.

Pius
Founder (Ouganda)
Internet, 2-10 employés

Duolingo

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Amazing. I have taken my Spanish, French, and German to new levels. This is thanks to the ease of using the platform and customizing it to my goals in each separate language.

Learning languages on Duolingo is fun and simplified. The units are bite-size so as to not be overwhelming like the other language apps but also the not so simplified that you don't make meaningful progress. You can customize your learning experience based on your goals for learning the language you choose and I like that a lot. I am learning 3 languages at the same time and each of them has a different goal and allocated length. This is awesome in Duolingo.

I love Duolingo and it's the best out there in terms of learning a new language. I don't like the fact that they have not incorporated the Podcast into the App. I listen to the podcast on Google Podcasts and I think it would be even better with it in-app because then they can curate the podcast content better, based on everyone's level and fluency in the language.

Gavin
PhD Student (Italie)
Recherche, 501-1 000 employés

A great way to learn a language!

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : It's been a good way to ensure I keep practicing every day.

This is a very user-friendly and fun way to begin learning a language. Of course, it cannot entirely replace either a language class or practicing speaking with others fluent in your target language, but it is a good way to begin to learn some vocabulary and grammar so that you can begin speaking confidently. It is fun to use, and provides good positive feedback. It also incentivises you to practice daily, which is critical for learning a language.

The 'hearts' system where points are taken away for each mistake can be annoying, and you either have to pay a monthly subscription to get rid of it, or pay with diamonds (points given for successful lessons or purchased) to keep the lesson going if you run out completely during a lesson. Given it's a free service I guess this is a minor problem. Some people find the cartoon characters (Duo and friends) annoying, but this depends on your preferences I guess.

Karel
Freelancer (Trinité-et-Tobago)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

My Experience with Duolingo

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : A great language learning app that I would recommend for those who are interested in learning a new language.

Fun and easy to use. This app makes learning a new language easy overall. Gamification is an essential part of what makes this software so good.

I don't like the fact that learning on this app cannot really take place offline Also the amount of ads that you encounter after completing just 1 segment is just too much.