Avis clients sur Corner Bowl Server Manager

En savoir plus sur Corner Bowl Server Manager

Un logiciel complet de surveillance réseau, de surveillance de serveur, de surveillance de disque et de gestion de journaux pour les professionnels de l'informatique.

En savoir plus sur Corner Bowl Server Manager

Product easy to use and setup. It allows us to Monitor Event Logs.

Corner Bowl Server Manager - Notes

4,9

Corner Bowl Server Manager a reçu une note globale de 4.7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 21 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Produits similaires à Corner Bowl Server Manager

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Corner Bowl Server Manager ?

Alan J.
Alan J.
Chief Information Officer (É.-U.)
Assurance, 11-50 employés

Corner Bowl in a Small Company

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : With a very small IT department each member performs multiple tasks. Server Manager is great because it allows me to automate some things that I otherwise would have to manually check each day. The developer has always been very responsive to inquiries. I have used Server Manager for several years. At one point the software the was acquired by another company and I was delighted when ownership and development returned to Corner Bowl. This is a great product; definitely worth your time to try it out.

The breadth of features is great. I doubt I have scratched the surface of what can be done with Server Manager. The two main features I use are monitoring failed login attempts and monitoring Windows Service status. I use the service monitor to automatically start a service that has stopped for some reason. Server Manager will alert me to the stopped service and then also notify me when the service has been started again.

No real faults but I struggle at times with configuring different options. This is mainly due to the fact that it could be months between setting up a new monitor. By the time I think of another use for Server Manager it has been so long since I last configured something that it takes me a while to get a new monitor going. That is no fault of the software and the developer now posts how-to videos I believe so I should check those out.

l’année dernière

Thanks so much for the great review!

Paul N.
Consultant (É.-U.)
Défense et aérospatiale, Auto-entrepreneur

Simple software with a good amount of features, great price and gets the job done

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : I have been using this for the past 8-10 years (I don't remember when I first started using it) and it has been a lifesaver for me and my customers. No budget, no infrastructure, no technical experience then no problem. I didn't even read instructions when I started using it, just clicking around and looking at what the product does with the built in templates got me going.

The product is as close to plug and play as you can get for a log management software. Some built-in filters get you started and making your own is pretty simple. This software is made for small businesses and small environments. I use it for collecting logs from a few systems and applications then spit out a report for me weekly. It assist me with meeting compliance requirements without the big cost and infrastructure to make it happen. I like how it can help with other features, such as processor utilization, disk drive space and setting up a near-real-time monitor for functions (account lockout, services stopped)

If you are looking for something comparable to Splunk or Alienvault OSSIM, this is not it. This software will help you grab logs, parse through it (based on what you want it to look for) and generate a simple report for you. If you need to parse through large amounts of data (6-12 months) and correlate them with each other, it will be a little more work for you and it will take a bit more time.

l’année dernière

Thank you very much for the reiview!

Markus L.
System technichan (Suède)
Administration publique, 1 001-5 000 employés

Great product

4 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Easy to use. Doesnt need a fulltime technician to run it.

After ditching Microsofts scom because of its complexity. We were looking for a easy to use software with support for basic functions we wanted to monitor. Servermanager does tick all The boxes for us. Easy to use ready templates for all basic monitoring needs. Customizable for more advanced monitoring and logging.

The oldfashioned gui. The new tabs opening everytime you edit a setting is Hard to navigate.

l’année dernière

Markus, thank you for your review. I am curious how you would like to see settings changed without opening tabs. Would like like modal dialog boxes instead or is there something else you have in mind?

Asaf N.
Asaf N.
CIO (Israël)
Services financiers, 11-50 employés

Reliable & Efficient

5 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Excellent High Tier software.
Does exactly what we need and more.
Allows reliable log and SIEM monitoring for security and compliance with custom options including retention.
Feature requests are taken into consideration most of the time.
Support is outstanding.

Installation and setup was very fast. It's very reliable and runs smoothly on the server. Support team is super responsive, attentive and extremely professional. The first setup is easy with excellent guidance from the team over the phone and/or remote support. UI is very easy to navigate after a short period of time.

Missing custom range filtering by date for logs.

Réponse de l'équipe de Corner Bowl Software

il y a 2 mois

Thanks so much for the great review. To view data in a custom range create a report then when configuring the report specify the custom date range to include in the report from the Date Range tab.

Marc D.
Infrastructure Manager (Belgique)
Emballage et conteneurs, 10 000+ employés

Great features for a reasonable price

4 l’année dernière

Commentaires : We started using another tool many years ago, to collect eventlog information for SOX reporting. Although that system was supposed to have redundancy builtin, we experienced quite some downtime on several occasions so, we decided to install a second, different eventlog collection system for better redundancy and went for Cornerbowl server manager. It’s very stable and is quite low on system resources.

The rich feature set and the reporting are great at this price range. We use another product too that is much more expensive and has less features and with poor reporting.

The rich feature set is perhaps also its weakness as it makes it a bit difficult to find things from time to time.

l’année dernière

Thank for for the great review Marc. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to find things better.

William S.
William S.
Information Control Manager (É.-U.)
Automobile, 501-1 000 employés

The "ONLY" Monitoring Solution

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : CornerBowl allows us to leave our eyes on other issues, and it tells us when we need to look at problems. Overall, this is the "ONLY" monitoring solution you need. We have 3 instances doing very different work for us and love it.

This software had a little learning curve for me, but with the help of the development team, we were up and going in no time flat, easy to add in devices, and it just plain works. Never any production down incidents as we have had with others. The support is fantastic

Missing a couple of reporting features we would like, but overall, nothing to complain about and no problem children with Corner Bowl.

l’année dernière

William, thank you for the great review! If you could please let us know which features are missing from the reports we would love to add them for you.

Ricardo R.
Ricardo R.
Chief Information Technology Officer (É.-U.)
Assurance, 11-50 employés

Smart choice for Log Management...

4 l’année dernière

After having evaluated several choices, we decided to use corner bowl as our core log management solution, reports are easy to build and storage is easily managed through standard DB structures. Cost is a great advantage of the software

Report creation interfaces can be improved to simplify summarized results

l’année dernière

Thank you for the review! If you don't mind reaching out to our support team with your report creation interface suggestions we would love to get more detail so we can resolve the issue for you.

Tiziano C.
Network Manager (Italie)
Produits chimiques, 501-1 000 employés

Corner Bowl Server Manager , to have !

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : The main purpose of this product was initially to collect and store all the events of our servers in one place. Over time we have also implemented various features such as dedicated alerts for some people interested in the activities of a particular server, as well as all the fundamental security checks in a vast and distributed network

Server Manager is really simple to use. In a short time I managed to deploy and start monitoring the first servers. I use the software every day and the alerts help me keep track, especially via email, of all the events that are critical on my network such as activities on AD, new machines on the network, RDP sessions etc

The product receives continuous updates and implementations from the parent company, the latest releases have greatly lightened the software itself to the benefit of the whole process. It is possible to really customize it thoroughly and I have not yet found something that I cannot monitor with this product.

l’année dernière

Thanks for the great review!

Timothy H.
Timothy H.
IT Director (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 51-200 employés

Easy, lets me know about problems before they get worse.

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Anytime I have had to contact Cornerbowl they were prompt and able to assist.

I have used this software for many years . Basically, I get a consolidated report every morning with event log errors and warnings from all my servers. I filter out informational events and many of the "noise" events that are inconsequential. I get a separate report of login anomalies. Very helpful to keep a close eye on the pulse of the server environment.

Once you understand how to use the admin interface, it is easy to use, but it took a little effort to understand.

l’année dernière

Timothy, Thanks for your great review!

Clinton U.
Chief Information Office (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés

Prosite Review

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I've been very happy with the software and anytime I've needed help there support has quickly helped me out. It helps me meet the PCI Requirements I need to fulfill monitoring my servers.

Server Manager is an inexpensive, easy way to pull back the logs from my servers that are in multiple locations to store them for PCI compliance. Being able to filter and email certain information is a big help administering my servers.

About the only Con I have is that sometime it can be a little difficult to set up a filter, especially when you are only making changes every now and then.

l’année dernière

Clinton thanks for the great review! Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the filter configuration process?

Steve C.
Team Lead (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés

Corner Bowl Server Manager

4 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Very easy to use at a great price with good support. Weekly reports give us a good idea of what is going on with the machines in the system and it hits all of the auditors check boxes.

Very easy to setup and use. Most products are overly complex and you don't use all/any of the features, but that is not the case with Corner Bowl. Price was also very good. Support response is excellent!

Tough to get WMI work with machines that are NAT'd, sometimes requiring a local administrator account for multiple machines can be difficult.

l’année dernière

Steve, thank you for the great review! Yes WMI can be very difficult and slow at times. The new Event Log Manager product includes an agent based solution that enables you to filter then push Windows Event Logs to the server using a proprietary binary protocol. The new software is able to push large Security Event Logs 12 times faster than with WMI.

Michael T.
Technology Architect (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 10 000+ employés

Server Manager Review

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Amazing! Always picks up the phone when help is needed.

Server Manager is both a feature and budget friendly application based by a customer-focused support structure. I am able to add monitoring functionality in minutes -- not hours -- and you can literally have the product installed and working in less than 1 hour.

Based on the use case of the software for our organization I see no cons at this time.

l’année dernière

Michael, thanks for the excellent review.

Brian G.
Exec Director of IT (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés

Great product!

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Corner Bowl Server Manager has allowed us to maintain a constant pulse on our fairly large network and server environment to always know if there is an issue that needs to be addressed or looked into.

I love the endless customization's that are possible with Corner Bowl Server Manager. Essentially, if there is a will, there is a way with this product!

At first, some of the flexibility and customization's seem a little daunting, but the tech-support and help getting past some of the initial fear, was more than worth it for having so much ability to monitor my environment.

l’année dernière

Brian, Thank you very much for the excellent review!

John Y.
IT Manager (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 51-200 employés

Best Log Aggregation software for the cost

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : Nice little gem of a tool to use for companies that don't want to spend more on logging software than the actual applications and systems that need to be monitored.

Can perform AD security auditing and alerting. Windows Update alerting. Syslog alerting

Can not increase syslog queue. Some log configurations are more difficult than it should be. Clean up of old items is needed.

l’année dernière

Thank you for the review! We have made several changes to the syslog server and are now seeing more than 200% better throughput. You can now also increase the queue size although with the new updates we are seeing we can actually decrease the maximum queue size and get the same results.

Chandrasekar V.
System Engineer (Canada)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés

Excellent Software & Affordable Price

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : The software customized templates send import events to management and it gives us more visibility on our network and the customer support is exceptional, even if you have simple question, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] connects to us within minutes/hours to resolve our query.

It is very easy to setup and it is easy to customize the email alert for each events.

It would be great if the log repository template can clear the data if the disk is full.

l’année dernière

Chandrasekar, thank you for the great review! We will looking into adding the feature for you.

Jon L.
Team Lead (É.-U.)
Automatisation industrielle, 501-1 000 employés

Quick and Effective

4 l’année dernière

Ease of setup and configuration is smooth. User interface is simple to navigate and adjust settings as needed.

Software struggles when more than 200 end devices are added. Despite adding additional CPU/memory the software will lag when making configuration changes and sometimes enter a state of "not responding"

l’année dernière

Jon, thank you for your review. The new Event Log Manager product attempts to address the lag often seen in large implementations of Server Manager.

Tony B.
Associate Director (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés

Like having an extra IT person on staff

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Feature packed, personalized and prompt customer support, value pricing, all adds up to a great product.

We probably only use a fraction of the functionality, but that speaks to the large feature set. It's a product composed of many feature groups. Each time we have new monitoring requirement for Windows servers, we've found a solution via Cornerbowl. We initially used it to monitor services, moved into event log monitoring, syslog files, website uptime monitoring, and now also use it for IISlogs and text log files.

For some functionality, there is a learning curve, but since the developer is readily available for assistance, we've been able to configure the desired functionality, or the developer has made changes to the product to accommodate our needs.

l’année dernière

Tony, thanks so much for the great review!

Thayer Y.
Director of IT (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés

Easy daily snapshot of server health

4 l’année dernière

The best thing about this software is the daily reports that rollup warnings and errors from all of our Windows Servers into one, easy-to-scan email.

It's sometimes a little awkward to manage templates, reports, schedules, etc. in the user interface.

l’année dernière

Thayer, thank you for the review. Do you have any suggestions on how we can do a better job managing templates, reports and schedules?

Ryan G.
CTO (Barbade)
Services financiers, 201-500 employés

Product reviews

Commentaires : Excellent Product

Product easy to use and setup. It allows us to Monitor Event Logs

The ability to send alerts via SMS would also be useful for monitoring

l’année dernière

Ryan, thank you for the great review! I thought I should let you know the software includes several SMS alerts. They are: Twilio, CDYNE and Clickatell. Please let me know if there is another provider you would like to see added.

Allen S.
CTO (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51-200 employés

Allen's Review of Corner Bowl

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : We have used Corner Bowl for the past decade and find it to be world class.

Ability to customize the output and notifications

The licensing can be complicated and when it expires we seem to always have down time.

l’année dernière

Thank you for the review! Sorry the licensing has been troublesome for you. We recently resolved several licensing issues which hopefully will resolve any future issues.

Shane B.
System Security Officer (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 51-200 employés

Easy to use

5 l’année dernière

The reports of the audits are very straight to the point. The software unlike SPLUNK is extremely easy to setup and manage, which cuts time down while running audits.

Nothing so far. We love the software, if there were cons we would not have considered the software.

l’année dernière

Shane, thank you for the great review!