15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

En savoir plus sur Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Système de collecte de fonds qui vous aide à communiquer avec vos parties prenantes et à prendre de meilleures décisions.

En savoir plus sur Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

I first used it around 1990, as it gained popularity. It has excellent capabilities but is a big platform, maybe too big for smaller organizations.

Emails sent out via NXT should be automatically added to constituent's record. Difficult setting up new users on the system.

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT - Notes

3,9
3,7

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT a reçu une note globale de 4,2 étoiles sur 5 d'après 419 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT ?

Jeffery
Jeffery
Senior Program Officer (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2–10 employés

Powerful CRM that will meet your needs!

This is a powerful CRM service/software. We've expanded our utilization over the years, but I still know there are areas we don't even scratch the surface of when it comes to compiling information on donors and potential donors. A few years ago we made the leap to RE:NXT, placing our data in the cloud -- it's wonderful to be able to access data from wherever I am, whether I need a phone number or address, or some data on donation history. I've been a Raiser's Edge user for 20+ years, and I have to say I can't imagine keeping track of our donors without it. From historical data to personal notations, you can keep so much info here (even uploading photos, documents, etc.). With RE:NXT we have integration between the CRM and our web site donation forms. They're easy to build and drop in to the coding for the site.

We've felt that there are a couple of things in the EVENTS module that we wish worked better for us/our organization, but that's a small hiccup when it comes to the functionality and quality of BB fundraising.

Emily
Manager of Stakeholder Relations (É.-U.)

Blackbaud

Commentaires : Overall, we like and dislike this product. We are learning to live with some of the quirks of it because the organizational tools for fundraising seem to be quite good for us.

What I like most about this product is that as a fundraiser, I have many tools that keep me organized and remind me to thank our donors.

My co-worker who uses this software for only adding donations has a very difficult time with it. She says it takes way too many steps to add donations. It is also frustrating that you have to create a new record for someone who has been memorialized by a gift. It seems odd to add someone into your record base that is deceased and there is a cap on the number of constituents you can have in the database without having to pay more. The reporting pages are confusing and difficult to understand how to set up a goal and see our progress toward it. There are many things like this that we come across that are frustrating to us.

Kim
Marketing and Recruitment Director (É.-U.)

Useful but outdated

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Useful for tracking donors for fundraising purposes and managing gifts. Can integrate with enrollment system to track alumni and parents of alumni.

Clunky and not intuitive to use. Design is outdated.

Leland
Director of Grants Development (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

No customer support - aggressive re-subscription

2,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : RE has a lot of capabilities that are not user-friendly with little-to-no support from them, and very aggressive sales endeavors. Essentially, we did not have good experience with them at all and glad we switched to a service that is user-friendly and very responsive. We were very surprised by their strong-arm tactics to re-subscribe, although they were unsuccessful, thanks to the Better Business Bureau, at which time RE could not produce any contract to which they had claimed we were bound.

A lot of functionality for large nonprofits, yet with little to no customer support.

Very aggressive sales endeavors and dare I say devious re-subscription processes. They tried to re-subscribe us at a very high price quoting a timeline when we could decide to not re-subscribe. We tried to unsubscribe, but they said we were bound by a contract. We had been using RE for more than a decade, with no consideration. They insisted we missed the timeline to unsubscribe and demanded a very expensive fee for the following period. Ultimately, we reported them to the Better Business Bureau and they could not produce a signed contract from our agency, or even a template from them. We had a back-and-forth with RE via the BBB, at which time they stopped contacting us realizing they had no basis for their demands.

Eric
Director of Advancement (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

RE NXT is the Best for Educational Nonprofits!

4,0 l’année dernière

I use both database view and NXT. I like the powerful queries and reports.

Sometimes a query can be difficult to run based on what has been entered in the database.

Amy
Director of Special Events (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 1 001–5 000 employés

NXT for anyone

4,0 il y a 11 mois

Although I do not use NXT often due to my job requirements, I find much easier to use rather than the original Raiser's Edge platform. It is more modern looking and has easy to use WYSIWYG is simple and comprehensive. After not using the site for a while, I am able to pick up without much issue.

you cannot do all functionalities on NXT that you can do on Raiser's Edge. it can be somewhat limiting.

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Commentaires : Overall my experience has been well and the system seems to be very user-friendly.

What I like most about the software is the ease of use.

What I like least about the software is that it can be slow to update when I enter changes or gifts.

sheila
Stewardship coordinator (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 11–50 employés

Pricey add-ons make this a better product

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : although it has improved things, our office has old practices that prohibit the use of NXT full potential. for the price, i think there should be regular one on one sessions and training, not just readings and webinars. blackbaud is always trying to sell things to make the use of their products more efficient but we already spend a lot of money

ease of use on the road. organized into easy to see tiles. ability to upload things by dragging. ability to get lists easily

inability to create most custom lists. would like lists to be provided by fund. would like all contact information to be able to be shown for donors in one line with name, ID, phone, email and exclusions. need to make very complex queries to accomplish and extract data from the database view. not user friendly for regular office employee. expensive program that our office does not even know how to fully use. would like more individualized training and support to learn all the aspects of what we pay for. however we have a database manager that does this but acts as a gatekeeper.

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Good and robust software!

Commentaires : Very good.

Integration with onsite systems made it easy to use.

Hard to train other users on how to use with our systems.

Layne
Prospect Research Analyst (É.-U.)

Wonderful CRM option

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Ease of access is great, very user friendly and visually appealing/easy to use

Some reporting and query functions are difficult to navigate

Alex
Database Coordinator (É.-U.)
Services environnementaux, 11–50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Becoming a benefit to our organization

Commentaires : While we have had some hiccups converting our staff over, I think the product itself is wonderful and introduces features that we've wanted in the main database since we converted to Blackbaud products. For most, the features that it currently offers will suffice, and if they don't many of the missing features can be found in the main system. The development of new features has been going surprisingly quickly, and we expect that most of the problems we have had so far will go away as the product is updated.

The interface is a lot friendlier to the average user than the database view, making it easier to use for our employees that don't like working in databases as much. It also introduced certain features that were missing from the main database, which added some new tools to manage data and keep our information clean. The analytics is my favorite addition; while some dashboard tools exist in Raiser's Edge, in NXT they are fully thought out and allow for excellent reporting and visual depictions of our progress.

It's still an in-development product, so while this could be great for some organizations it's not at the point where it's great for all organizations. Despite the fact that it's user-friendly and many of our staff members prefer to use it, the lack of certain features from the main database make it hard for them to convert completely, and they feel that switching between the two views of the same system is a hassle. While it's understandable that the extra add-ons would take a back seat to the development of the main features, with our membership module missing it does make it hard for our organization to shift most of our staff over to it from the main database view. There are also some things that don't synchronize properly between the two systems yet, which sometimes makes database maintenance feel like we're checking in two different databases for information.

Musées et institutions, 51–200 employés
Source : GetApp

A Necessary Evil

Commentaires : While there are a lot of new, or newer, donor management systems out there now, Raiser's Edge is still the one most organizations go with. It has all the necessary features and if you already have RE 7, switching to NXT is easier than trying to move to an entirely different system. Frontline fundraisers will find NXT much easier to use for their purposes than RE 7, but those who use Raiser's Edge a lot will still find themselves in the regular database view with no major changes from RE 7. Slowly some important features are being brought into NXT view. First the only way to add a gift was in database view, then you could add gifts on a one off bases in NXT view, now adding gifts in batches in NXT view is being rolled out. But for data entry, database administrators, or other RE power users, there won't be much of a change from RE 7 for a while.

Raiser's Edge NXT is much more intuitive and user-friendly than its predecessors. It has many neat features built it such as the map/location function and some automatic reporting. Its mobile friendly meaning its easy to review notes or update on-the-go and the email tools built in are very useful, even if not the most robust email system.

With NXT, it seems like Blackbaud released things before they were ready. Many of the necessary features can't be done though the NXT online view and still require the database view, which is the same as RE 7. They are adding new features all the time and perfecting the ones they already have, but many times it seems like they should have perfected it before it was released. Often when they debut a new feature, I'm left with more unanswered questions. I do belive NXT view will get better over time, and it is necessary to switch over as soon RE 7 will not be available, but NXT is expensive and does often feel like it is still in development.

Allison
Program Manager (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001–10 000 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

The Raiser's Edge is an industry standard for a reason. It's robust but doesn't play well with non-Blackbaud software.

Commentaires : If you're a small-to-medium shop looking to invest in a CRM, The Raiser's Edge will work well for you. If you need easy integration with other software solutions (email marketing, event marketing, etc.) you may want to look elsewhere, but if your main need is a robust CRM, then The Raiser's Edge a good way to go.

The Raiser's Edge is consistent and reliable as a CRM. Because it is so widely used, there are tons of good resources online if you have any questions, and you are likely to be able to easily hire staff who have experience with it. You are able to set up your data structure with a good amount of customization. The the query tool is easy to use as long as you understand how you've set up your fields. You don't need to be able to code to administer the database, which I appreciated. Permissions are fairly straightforward.

As part of the Blackbaud suite of products, The Raiser's Edge is not easy to integrate with other products. If you need easy integration with other software solutions, you'll either have to buy other Blackbaud products, which are expensive and sometimes not the best in their class, or do a lot of data transfers between the systems. For example, when I was administering a Raiser's Edge database, I had to regularly export lists for use with Constant Contact, and import transactions for our online giving page, because we didn't use Blackbaud solutions for email marketing or online giving. It wasn't very difficult to do, but it did slow us down with tasks that should be automated.

Karen
Advancement Services Director (É.-U.)
Philanthropie, 201–500 employés

RENXT helps our office to be the best it can be.

Commentaires : We receive immediate information that we can act on. Yes, you need to put the time in to learn how to use it. I think that what people need to understand is that the way they save data impacts their outcomes with the product. They need to work with it instead of expecting it tho exactly fit the needs of their organization.

I've been using Raiser's Edge for 15 years. My current office purchased the NXT web view in 2015. This product helps our office achieve our fundraising goals in many ways. I like that when we purchased the NXT web view we still kept the database view. Now we have the best of both worlds. Most of our office now works exclusively in the web view and with it, they can now get immediate information by themselves that assists them in their work. The new features of the web view have greatly enhanced how we do business.

I really like this product and I have a hard time coming up with anything negative to say about it.

Cheena
Database Manager (É.-U.)
Art

Raiser's Edge Lifer Rant

My biggest likes for the Raiser's Edge are the various modules: Events, Membership and Online Express. I can organize the information and pull it back out in queries so easily. The canned reporting is not bad either. They pretty much have every kind of basic report you could need. You can pull some pretty decent reports that track actions, solicitors, giving and profiles. The key is making sure your data is clean and organized. Speaking of which, Raiser's Edge has done a great job of improving it's data clean up functions. They have improved duplicate removals. They have added e-mail and phone clean ups. And they are always on top of making sure their clients are heard (even if it takes them a little while to deliver).

The reports have aged out at this point in the desktop version (non-cloud). Development departments are looking for different ways to report their money and we are now depending on Crystal Reports to constantly fill that void. I wished the reports were more malleable and you could really build out the layouts to accommodate what staff wants to see. The biggest thing I hear in terms of complaints from my staff are the number of clicks to get a process done, whether entering an event on a record to recording a membership. Sure we can set up default settings for many of the procedures, but there is still that need sometimes to have to go through and enter manually.

Jennifer
Chief Philanthropy Officer (É.-U.)
Organisme social ou civique, 201–500 employés

Incredibly disappointed

NXT is easier to use than the traditional, back end with Raisers Edge when viewing records and can be accessed on your phone.

The ease of use is still light years behind other cloud-based CRMs. You only have limited access to the data and many fields are blocked (meaning you can't make changes unless you go into the more complicated back end). The biggest problem we have had has been with online gifts. We purchased Everyday Hero (which is Blackbaud's online giving module), and every time a gift comes in by a spouse, it overrides the current gift with that person's name, and only shows that they gave that one gift. There is no flag or warning that the address is a duplicate. So now that we purchased something that was supposed to expedite our online giving, we have to go back and do hours of clean up in our database. Also, they have "automatic upgrades" when your records reach another tier. The customer service is awful - takes hours on the phone or weeks to respond. It is exceptionally expensive for what it is offering. Also, doesn't integrate well at all with Financial Edge.

Adrienne
Manager, Membership (Canada)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

Might be great for fundraising, not for membership - do research if you are looking for memberships

Logging in is simple - you can do it from a browser. With NXT, there are unlimited licenses so you can have virtually "unlimited" logins. The OLX emails are more reliable than the old NetCommunity. Has decent analytics and reporting (for donations only).

The NXT web view has a nice layout but is completely useless for membership. In order to do data entry, you still need to use database view. NXT is very expensive and not worth it just for a fancy view. There were lots of features that we had been promised and we were also told that things were being updated constantly and that we should see more functionality coming very quickly. This has not been the case. Training is expensive and knowledgebase articles can be outdated. Anyone seeking a membership management software or association management should research all options before moving to RE.

Glenda
Administrative Assistant (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 501–1 000 employés

No Longer the Go To Software

Commentaires : Horrible. I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone. Save your money, do your research and go with another vendor.

I enjoyed the upgrades from the old school dinasaur program that was available until NXT. The features were comparable to other software on the market.

THE PRICE!! They were very proud of their product and ultimately did not try to keep our business. They offered their product to us for $30,000 a year for a database with less than 10,000 constituents. I believe they have since lowered their price, but their security breach has had a huge impact on many of our fellow nonprofits. Their customer service is some of the worst I have ever endured and you will have 5+ people contact about the same issue. You're lucky if you get a respose, so I mostly didn't even ask a question.

Kelly
Associate Director of Advancement Communication & Information Services (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 501–1 000 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Great product for our fundraising team!

Commentaires : This is a great product for those who have teams where technology may not be a strong suit or entering into the full RE database is challenging. Our team is on the road often and they are able to quickly add contact reports and get simple constituent profiles on the go. As a database manager, NXT is not sophisticated enough for me to use solely, but I do utilize it occasionally so I am up to speed on the functionality.

Ease of use, integration with The Raiser's Edge database, easy to access via mobile devices, has a pleasant look and feel to the application. Overall, an excellent product!

Attachments do not integrate with RE when loaded through NXT, and there is no way to pull a report or query of attachments made in NXT. A little more integration development so the two systems can talk to one another is probably needed.

Kevin
Director of Advancement (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 201–500 employés

Company has gone downhill the last four years

Commentaires : Look forward to being done with them as soon as our current contract that renewed for three years against our wishes. Be sure to read the fine print in every document you receive from this dishonest vendor. They are all about revenue and it's the only purpose at every level of their dishonest and money grabbing company.

The pros of their software are outweighed by there incompetent and dishonest staff. This is true all the way from the sales level, customer service, billing and deceitful renewal tactics. This company used to be the best in the business but got too big and stopped caring about their customer and focuses only on their bottom line. Once you commit to a contract it's a miserable process after that. Guarantee.

Mike
Finance Director (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

Looking for a replacement for Raiser's Edge

Functionality, donor records were robust able to enter split gifts.

Cost, user interface, difficult to use, customer support

Kathleen
Director of Development (É.-U.)
Services environnementaux, 11–50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Glossy veneer on an overage frankenstein whose glory days long gone

Let's face it, the base model is the industry standard with all the bells and whistles you'll need. Here's what Raisers Edge does well: Exports, Queries, complex reports, and storing gift data just the way I like it (as the head of fundraising) and just the way my CFO likes it (who knew we could agree!).

Problems are the price, the cobbled-together addons essential for modern fundraising, and service. Here is where RE has gone wrong: they offer addons that don't work well with the base model of RE and the sales people and customer service people will not admit that they weren't intended to work well. It's obviously clunky programming!

Zack
Director of Advancement & Admissions (É.-U.)

Great Donor Management Enterprise Software for large/established non-profits

Commentaires : I would recommend this software to a large or established non-profit that either brings in a lot of money (over $500k per annum), or is hoping to take fundraising "to the next level." I have used Raiser's Edge with two different organizations

- So many features, reports, queries, and fields. - Highly customizable. - Basic functions are fairly intuitive and easy-to-use. - Scalable, with lots of optional add-on features.

- Complex. If you want to "go deep" with this software, be prepared to invest a lot of time into the process. - Very expensive, and pricing is not dependent upon things like constituent counts (like marketing automation software is doing).

Cindy
Organisme social ou civique, 11–50 employés

perspective on Raisers Edge

Commentaires : I would not recommend it for small organizations.

Raiser's Edge has wonderful reporting capabilities. It definitely personifies garbage in, garbage out though, so you want to be sure to set things up the correct way right from the beginning. Also if you want to be able to quantify your data you have to put in fields that you can do so - not something like notes.

It is not the easiest to learn and I don't feel like we ever used the full capability of the software. I wish there were more opportunities for general training's using it and learning how other companies are utilizing it.

Kendall
Development Coordinator
Organisme social ou civique, 11–50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Easy to use for everyone

RE NXT is very easy to navigate and colleagues who have little or no experience with the database view are able to find the information they need without a hassle. I like that NXT offers suggestions and specially prepared reports that provide useful information for reigniting lapsed donors and gauging capacity for future asks. I also love the visual analytics offered, as they help to segment and illustrate the entire scope of our constituent base rather than just looking at spreadsheets.

There are some limitations as to how much information can be added to lists in NXT, making it easier to generate more complex lists in the database view. I also think it would be beneficial to offer a complete guide of all of the training and webinars available as a benefit of NXT, as our team has not taken advantage of many useful resources because we have not been aware of them.