15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

En savoir plus sur Casetext

Découvrez Casetext, pour une recherche juridique plus rapide et plus intelligente, la rédaction de documents, etc. D'excellents résultats produits par une excellente technologie, à un prix très concurrentiel.

En savoir plus sur Casetext

The interface is quite elegant and responsive; I really like its simple look and feel.

Sometimes it is a little confusing using secondary sources.

Casetext - Notes

4,9

Casetext a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 134 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Casetext ?

Zachary P.
Zachary P.
Associate Attorney (É.-U.)

Fantastic alternative to Westlaw and Lexis

Commentaires : I love Casetext and find it to be much more helpful than either Westlaw or Lexis.

The software itself is not bloated and does not include unnecessary features but also allows me to conduct research easily, including reviewing related cases or points of law.

Sometimes specific case references do not include proper links and I have to search elsewhere for the cases. But this rarely happens and isn't much of an issue.

Greg
President (É.-U.)

My 3rd year of Casetext

Commentaires : After a few years of using Casetext I can say it has been wonderful for my firm. Great search capability, great customer service, and most importantly I get what I need quickly and the search results, IMHO, have honestly just been better. I'm very glad I made the switch. It's nice to send a good review as I spent years doing the opposite with other services that could have cared less.

What I like most is that it works great! At first got involved with Casetext due to the crazy pricing and bundling offered by other services that finally put me off dealing with them. Casetext has exceeded my expectations and honestly is better than the others (the big ones) I've used for the past 32 years. Rather than a drop-off there has been an improvement in level of service. I like the CARA search feature and I feel overall it's just a better product at a fair price.

There were a few things that need to be worked out when I first bought Casetext but they listened to feedback and made improvements. I'm happy with where it as and hope the price point stays were it is now for while.

Thomas
Legal Assistant (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2–10 employés

Good but not great case research tool

Commentaires : Its been a mediocre experience overall.

We have access to most (not all) cases in all jurisdictions in the United States without having to pay for add-on jurisdictions like Lexis forces you to do. It is also easier to conduct CALR.

Not all cases are available in Casetext. Also, the format of case cites for Texas appellate courts prevents the user from identifying WHICH appellate court is being cited - very frustrating indeed.

Nicholas

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Best Value "complete legal research solution" period.

Commentaires : Casetext is the only legal research platform I will use for a long time. I have been a customer since their inception, I had noticed their watermark on some cases people sent me, and once I tried the free trial, I never looked back. Simple, easy to use interface, every case, statute and rule under one inexpensive subscription, and constantly gathering feedback from lawyers who use it, Casetext isn't hiding it's next big feature or functionality reveal in some coding basement vault, they are asking attorneys how CT can be made to work better for users, and how design changes will make lawyer's jobs easier.

What I like most about Casetext is the price. That statement requires context: What I like most is the LOW price considering I can access every decision statute or rule nationwide for significantly less than half of what it would cost me to get ONLY Illinois decisions, statutes and Court rules on the big 2.

Although they are adding features that are actually cutting edge, and unavailable on any other research platform, they still lack natural language search and an equivalent feature or functionality to gathering the sheep or unlocking cites to similar cases and issues.

James

Solid option depending....

Commentaires : I am pleased with the performance.

Casetext is a solid platform. It is easy to use and provides what you need. I run a criminal practice and I use it all the time. Easy to download pdfs, easy to share pdfs, easy to connect to other cases.

They started out as a reasonably priced option for small firms but they quickly decided that they should charge like Lexis so up went the price. A single person or two person firm it originally was a great deal ($50 a month or so) but then it went to $80 a month like a Lexis or Westlaw and now it isn't that great of a deal. I would recommend it to other people when it was $50 but now that it is $80, who cares which one you get. The only reason I would recommend would be if you don't like Lexis (they are not a nice company - they will sue you)

Daniel
Daniel
Services juridiques, 2–10 employés

Stop looking, as this is the answer

Commentaires : Great program and great Value. I load the document into the search bar, and it does an AI search and locates the subject matter I should start with.

The price is affordable. The program is easy to learn. The artificial intelligence aspect is solid and helps save time. The jurisdictions are easy to identify and narrow. The search results are easy to identify as to the source and type, so you can look at a brief or look at the opinion. The printing of the results lets you select the format for printing. The program is a steal as the price is 20% of the other research engines—great online chat staff.

No lexis or Westlaw quick cites, so you have to look deeper for them to find them. Not impossible, and the online chat staff will help but still an inconvenience. However, 90% of the time, you don't need them. You continue to realize at this price, and it's worth it.

CEO (É.-U.)
Matériel informatique, Auto-entrepreneur

Casetext is Great Value for the Money

Commentaires : The overall experience has been outstanding. I have already recommended the product a number of times.

The software is extremely easy to use with a highly intuitive interface. One very reasonable subscription price gives access to all State and Federal opinions I have ever needed. Probably the most useful feature is the ability to upload a pleading, have it reviewed within seconds and return a list of suggested cases to strengthen the argument. It is an outstanding product. While I have only needed support twice (assistance structuring search terms), the response was quick and solved my problem.

This is not really a complaint. The only thing I would change would be to make the drop down box when selecting text for a citation either partially transparent or outside the margin of the opinion's text so that you can see the remaining text in the paragraph - only a minor inconvenience.

Emil
Administration juridique, Auto-entrepreneur

Quick research ability, but need to verify Ohio specific ssyllabuses

Commentaires : I really like the software because it allows me to research quickly and on point. The Ohio syllabus is a specific issue and affects my research about 10 to 15 percent of the time. I really love Casetext overall.

The features I liked the most are 1) It is easy to use anywhere. Not only is it quick at the office, but I can use my smartphone, which is quick and convenient for use even it city or right before a hearing. 2) The search usually brings up relevant cases on the first page. Not only that but you can skim through the case quickly because Casetext shows you the searched terms in context and you can view the location in the case of all the key terms without opening the case to read it. This saves some much time which I believe is there best function.

I am an Ohio practitioner and Casetext does not always includes the syllabus the appellate court states at the beginning of the case. This is a problem because in Ohio the syllabus is the law and main holding of the case. While the Ohio courts are not using syllabuses as much anymore, I still have to review another case software to confirm the syllabus.

Ressources humaines, 11–50 employés

Best Product Available for a Reasonable Price

Commentaires : Casetext is great for my industry. In employment law, it's constantly changing across the United States, and our organization tries to keep up with those changes and alert clients. CaseText is great to find case law quickly and assess those changes.

The product is easy to use and affordable. It's search features make it easy to find relatable cases and make sure I am using the most qualified cases law.

The only thing I would like is to have alerts for when cases are updated or there is a new precedent for certain legal topics.

Fast and precise results

Commentaires : I locked in a $40/mo lifetime rate when Casetext was new, so I'm one of the lucky ones.

And I'm not even using half of what it does.

I wish we could simply paste a block of text into AI instead of having to save the block as its on document and then post that to AI.

Nona
Retired from local government management (É.-U.)
Politique publique, Auto-entrepreneur

Casetext is accessible to non-attorneys

Commentaires : I was a Pro Se litigant and then was forced by the judge to hire an attorney. As litigation has been going on for four years and I've spent over $100K on attorney fees, I needed to do a lot of the work myself to avoid the $400/hour attorney fees. I tried casetext's free trial and then purchased the product and have used it for several years. I estimate that this has saved me $100,000+ in fees. Right now I am using casetext to support a complaint to the State Bar panel &discipline panel related to the misconduct of the unscrupulous attorneys opposing me who make it a practice of concealing information in discovery, misrepresenting the facts, evidence, and court record to the court or meeting ex-parte with the judge to affect the outcome of the proceedings. These are very serious charges, and being able to use casetext to cite specific cases, statutes, and the ABA Standards for imposing lawyer sanctions increases the credibility of my arguments substantially. Here is a link to a 2-minute video I did called "[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]" on my Youtube channel "[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Parallel search feature helps a lot as my skills in writing Boolean queries are limited. Training about ethical legal research was very good. Customer service people are very responsive and helpful.

I'd like cite-check to fact-check, but I'm just wishing. I don't know if it's possible to use the cite check program to show when an opposing counsel just recites the elements of a legal doctrine but does not cite any facts that show it is applicable in a given situation. The attorneys do this against me all the time and get away with it. For example, claims preclusion requires fair adjudication of claims, same claims, same parties. I filed a Pro Se quiet title complaint against 10 defendants who had recorded title claims adverse to mine after I was kicked out of the 1st case, (to which only 2 of the 10 defendant s were also parties in the 1st case) because the 2 parties from the 1st case had an ex-parte meeting with the judge & convinced her I had never been a party as an individual, only as a trustee. Nevertheless, the 2nd judge dismissed all my claims unheard because attorneys for all 10 defendants said res judicata applied because I was in privity with myself the trustee of the trust that was closed in 2017.

Bryan
none (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur

Awesome value for a comparable product.

Commentaires : I am a pro se litigant. (please don't shoot me!)
I can attest to the accuracy and helpfulness of this service.
Casetext has helped me win my case in the federal appeals court and people still do not believe that I am not legally trained nor have a lawyer helping me.

I loved CARA AI. It is definitely a feature that stands out from other Legal Research Services. Ease of use was also a plus. The layout was clutter free, but also gives you an option to see more information if you wish to have an information bomb in your face. The information is complete and extensive. The price for the service is easily justified with the value it offers. In addition, Casetext seems to be constantly adding features which is always a welcome effort.

Sometimes, it could be "clunky". For example, it would sometimes lose the filter you applied to your search results which means you would have to re-do the search again. Not a big deal. I also wished that their database included law articles from law journals or publications.

Partner (É.-U.)

Big bang for the buck

Commentaires : Very pleased. Compared Casetext to LEXIS and Westlaw (and ROSS) products but still find Casetext delivers the best bang for the buck.

Casetext delivers reliable legal research results at a bargain rate. Easy to use and offers pretty good folder system / bookmarks for tracking research results by client and matter.

Not as robustly for unpublished cases. Dies not use proper citations for NY state courts and does not allow searches limited to discrete intermediate appellate courts (needed in CA and NY(

Lydia
Founder (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur

Casetext helps you save time with your research.

I started using Casetext over two years ago. You can easily drag and drop a brief or legal research memo into the platform. I call it the "magic box." Casetext then uses A.I. to help you identify cases that address legal issues in the document. Casetext also recently launched Parallel Search. This feature allows you to write a sentence and then suggests cases law to support that sentence. Both of these features will help you save precious time by quickly identifying the key cases on a topic. It's a wonderful way to double check that you've not missed a case or quickly identify authority that opposing counsel did not cite.

I'm a huge fan. I've tried many platforms and this is my favorite one by far.

esteban
owner-attorney (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 2–10 employés

It's slim, fast, easy to use

Commentaires : I love it - I love the cost, I love the product - and, unlike with Westlaw and Lexis, I don't feel like a giant company is taking advantage of my small firm by charging prices it knows I will pay because no good alternatives exist - NOW, of course, an alternative exists, a good one: casetext

It's way faster than Westlaw and Lexis in terms of producing results - the time saved is not as crucial as the ability of Casetext to produce results quickly enough for my mind when I'm researching and need an immediate answer to something so I can move to the next thought

I wish the data base included more briefs written by other attorneys

Kyle

2 Attorney Law Firm

Commentaires : Overall, casetext has provided a good user experience and is a great resource for the price.

I like that I can get federal and case law with a cite checker to make sure it is good law for a relatively cheap price. The search bar works well to bring up accurate results.

I do not like that the site has limited case summaries and does not have a feature similar to key cite or headnotes. It also does not have any secondary resources that can sometimes help steer research. However, I understand that those sort of resources come at a price. I think Casetext does a great job at providing what you need to find good, on point case law without unnecessary clutter.

Mark
Services juridiques, Auto-entrepreneur

Great Value!

Commentaires : Overall, it is a great service. I have recommended it to all of my friends who are solo practitioners or in small firms.

Very efficient search engine. Great value for nationwide database.

I miss having the headnotes that Lexis or Westlaw provide but the Analysis tabs in Casetext are very good. The "similar issue" pop-ups are often very helpful but sometimes are not that relevant.

Caleb
Assistant General Counsel (É.-U.)
Défense et aérospatiale, 501–1 000 employés

ease of use

Commentaires : it covers 98% of my legal research and fast. and not having to worry about the cost of each search is amazing - especially for novel (at least to me) areas of law.

The improved CFR and Statute search. Also the case database is good.

the lack of secondary sources and current cases

Abussamaa Rasul
Student/Gig Worker (É.-U.)
Organisme social ou civique, Auto-entrepreneur

My experience with CASETEXT

Commentaires : I'm very satisfied and excited for what has yet to come.

I like the ease of the formatting and how you can save information with just a click of mouse, and the memory of the system so your research work is never lost. I'm very proud to say that CASETEXT has made me a more successful independent worker with their system. Especially the case parallel sentence description.... Wow....

I wish that a tracing or tracking system was a part of their package as a bundle.

Benjamin
Manager (É.-U.)

Great Resource Effective Timely User Friendly

Commentaires : Very happy and satisfied. I have over 40 years in law firms and with CaseText I get the urge to do my own research rather than delegating the research task to others. Thank you.

That it allows for targeted research and clearly expresses the timeliness of the information about cases and statutes. It also helps immediately see back ground treaties and current commentators or specialist views. We deal with complex often very unique matters so its ability to zero in help reduce time spent and gleaning through less relevant information. Used it effectively to draft a tax position statement and was able to get deep research way more easily than competing products.

I would like to be able to print the work summary for billing purposes by day and client or subject. I was unable to spend time to research this capability. The only other feature I would love would be to search within searches multiple times. This too could be my lack of training time.

Eric

CARA & Casetext Give Westlaw and Lexis a Run for their Money

Commentaires : Excellent - All things Casetext, including CARA, are amazing!

I like that this software as a service is easy to use, intuitive, and I appreciate the company's willingness to constantly improve and add new services for users.

Design is a bit too minimal for my tastes. It is mostly white background with dark lettering. I am a fan of dark mode and it would be nice if users could switch up how the program looks or add a feature to make it easier on the eyes.

Great Customer Support and a Solid Evolving Product

Commentaires : Fantastic and getting better.

There are features about the interface that I like a lot. I suggested some of them. And that is the point. The Casetext people really pay attention to their customers and have shown a devotion to making the best possible product. So, if you join the Casetext family you are not just subscribing to a product, you are part of a process to make an outstanding research tool.

I wish they could develop a way to find cases through a more topical search and provide via AI some editorial assistance.

Jeffrey

Excellent Legal Research Tool

Commentaires : Very good research tool I have used Westlaw and Lexis/Nexis in the past and this has virtually all of the tools they have, but at a much more affordable price.

The ability to do research in any jurisdiction is tremendous and it is easy to use.

I would prefer to have annotations to statutes and Rules. Casetext is allegedly working on getting there , but it is not there yet.

Melanie
Research Admin (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 10 000+ employés

Casetext helped us win our case

Commentaires : Wonderful!

I had to write an opening brief for a civil case appeal and can honestly say that without Casetext there is no way I cold have done it, I didn't know where to start and the Casetext keywords helped me get started in the direction of the case. I want to thank Casetext so much for letting non-attorney's use their software, we were able to win our appeal!

I really like case text, found Casetext the best for a layperson.

Sean
Sean
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur

Excellent legal research tool for a frim of any size.

Commentaires : Legal research and writing.

The first thing was the price. I had just started my firm so I needed legal software that I could afford but functional. The search feature and ability to use natural language made it easy for me to find what I was looking for.

There are features such as the A.I. search features that are super powerful and great tools. They were just outside of my need and price range.