Avis clients sur Quartzy

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Quartzy

Plateforme de gestion des laboratoires Améliorez la productivité en rationalisant la communication, en regroupant les commandes et en contrôlant les stocks.

En savoir plus sur Quartzy

264 avis affichés

Biotechnologie, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 13/12/2019

"Great tool for small labs"

Commentaires: It has helped to streamline our ordering process, which used to just be a communial google doc and which got really slow after a few thousand orders. This has made it eas to search in an orderly faschion by catalog number, so that we can be sure to order the same item for consistency. It also speeds up the ordering process since I can approve orders electronically rather than signing them each time. Everything is organized nicely and can be exported to a list if an audit ever happens. There are even quartzy special prices which sometimes are better than vendor ones.

Avantages: You can't beat the free price! We use this to manage lab orders, and it has worked well for the most part. It is easy to search for vendors, and the catalog number usually auto-populates for orders that have been completed before. You can also see what others in the lab have ordered so that you can avoid duplicates. You can even set up a lab inventory to track what you have or don't have. It makes it easy for lab managers to approve requests, and then either order it ourselves or send it up to finance to approve and then order.

Inconvénients: We have a period in time where our lab grew very large, and Quartzy became a little less optimal in that situation. I had to keep track of multiple orders and ended up making a spreadsheet to track stuff rather than relying on quartzy, which has a rather cumbersome interface if you have to track 30+ orders a day. Also, it sends a lot of emails unless you opt out, but then you miss updates on urgent requests people make. I would love to see more customizable notifications.

• Publié le 13/12/2019
Anthony G.
lab manager
  • Publié le 24/04/2020

"The good, the bad and the minor issues iv had."

Commentaires: Overall its been great. Literally does a lot of my work for me so can't complain with exception of the earlier mentioned things but those are minor.

Avantages: If you're ordering something familiar or defined within there system it gets easier and easier. Essentially its more to get it started then to maintain which is ideal and understandably a good thing. The inventorying and ease of use for finding previously ordered products arguably too convenient.

Inconvénients: So the issue with the inventory and management of items once it arrives is that it requires the end user to document and track the usage to form a digital inventory. Which is reasonable but in academic sciences its a little less then realistic. More over for me the worst part is the combining of invoices which I love makes things appear very streamlined however in the end you will be likely charged for the individual vendors used. Which is understandable, except for the fact it clashes with my universities way of handling fiances at the end of each month.

Christy M.
Recherche, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 17/04/2020

"Good for Start-ups, but not Scalable"

Commentaires: I think Quartzy helped transition our start-up to a small business away from using excel spreadsheets when we needed a low cost alternative. We will be moving away from it shortly though because we've out grown the abilities of the software, and can not keep up with the manual entry required.

Avantages: I like the automatic quoting and matching when it can save us money. I use the export feature to run statistics on our procurement process and spending. I like that its free and has an easy to use dashboard to see where items are in the process. Having access to punchouts as a small business is a perk!

Inconvénients: I don't like that they quote items that'll cost MORE to get from Quartzy, and to a new user is can look misleading. I don't like that when you purchase items through Quartzy that they don't make the request form editable. Quartzy does not connect to our ERP, so we have to do a lot of manual work. The import template is awful because it doesn't match the request button, so I still get stuck doing manual entry work. Also I wish they had a "viewer" authority level because I have many people that want to check status of orders, but that should not be able to place orders.

• Publié le 17/04/2020
Andrew R.
Research Associate
Recherche, 1 001-5 000 employés

"Almost Perfect"

Commentaires: I have yet to experience any real problem with Quarzty. The software is pretty user friendly. Customer service is always kind and on top of their game.

Avantages: I absolutely love Quartzy. It is the easiest way to keep everything in the lab organized and it would be complete chaos without it. Just the overall presentation of everything is super helpful. Having a request section and an inventory section that allows a seamless transition of what you ordered to putting it into inventory is amazing.

Inconvénients: There are three things that I do not like about the software. 1. It would be way more convenient to have an app that is just as good as the web portal
2. A little more customization on what I feel is necessary information when others are creating an order.
3. A more developed scanning feature (which may be more applicable with a mobile app)

Rebecca G.
VP Product Development
  • Publié le 21/04/2020

"Quartzy for Inventory and Manufacturing"

Commentaires: Overall this system is very helpful with traceability, ordering and reordering, and budgeting report processes.

Avantages: Quartzy is very easy to use and quick to integrate into inventory processes. The most efficient part is ability to look up suppliers with auto generating catalog information and reordering by just click of a button. This allows us to keep consistently purchasing the same material to prevent variation or order entry errors.

Inconvénients: The only problem we have faced are duplicate serial number entries that are generated from manual and auto entries but I think the issue has been resolved quickly.

Amy N.
Vétérinaire, 11-50 employés

"Love Quartzy"

Commentaires: Quartzy has been a huge help with lab inventory management. I love that it can be accessed by all lab members and the notification we receive. Being able to easily search past orders is extremely helpful.

Avantages: Integrating was easy with the help of a Quartzy staffmember. They imported info from our excel ordering sheet. I love that the software is accessible to all invited and emails me when an order is placed and received. It's very helpful that receipt info is saved and lists who received it.

Inconvénients: When I add a request, I wish I could turn off the Let's lookup your item feature, instead of having to hit skip lookup every time.

Jenny M.
Project Controlling and SAP Reporting Specialist
Produits pharmaceutiques, 10 000+ employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 18/02/2021

"Quartzy's a good software"

Commentaires: I like the system overall. It's much better than an excel sheet and multiple people can be in the system at once. I like the history feature and easily adding items from receipt into inventory.

Avantages: I like that this software is easy to use and links to websites. Lots of communication and some history.

Inconvénients: I would like to see that an admin has more control over what can be added in the dropdowns. More access to make fields mandatory. Implement kanban or pars for inventory and barcodes. When you receive an email about an order you can click the link and it will take you directly to that order.

• Publié le 18/02/2021
Claire S.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 21/04/2020

"Excellent streamlined tool for ordering"

Commentaires: Excellent customer service! Our representatives are very communicative, and we're building an excellent relationship. I'm new to Quartzy, so this has been big to create buy-in for me.

Avantages: Quartzy creates a streamline process for scientific teams to drop requests and give details about the requests. Instead of a million emails or an extravagant spreadsheet, I have Quartzy! Everything I need in one place. This makes the job of placing, tracking, and organizing orders so easy. I especially like the ability to mark an item as "urgent", which immediately makes the item pop out at you on the screen. That's a little thing that takes minimal effort on the scientists' end but makes a big difference for me.

Inconvénients: I wish there was a way to sort by "date needed"

Adam J.
Operations Associate
  • Publié le 16/04/2020

"Great Resource to Start Your Company"

Commentaires: Overall, I enjoy the system for all of our laboratory needs and will continue to use the system in the future.

Avantages: I like how the sourcing of items is very easy and there is a lot of collaboration between different company's. The checkout and requesting of supplies is very straight forward and user-friendly.

Inconvénients: I did not care for the inventory system that was built-in because I think it lacks some key capabilities and function. It does work as a basic inventory system but the layout and features do not seem to focus on efficiency.

Sima L.
Postdoctoral fellow
Enseignement supérieur, 11-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois

"Experience with Quartzy"

Avantages: It provides an user-friendly interface for us to manage all the ordering and stock in the lab. We can easily track the orders and manger the items we have in the lab. Especially for a big lab like us, this is really helpful.

Inconvénients: Overall is good; just sometimes the website is a bit slow.

Susan K.
Admin Manager
Recherche, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 27/04/2020

"Our lab's use of Quartzy"

Commentaires: Quartzy has enabled me, a non-science person, to handle all purchasing tasks in one place. I took over this task from a real science person so my being able to do this frees them up from administrative work. I think if I didn't have this, and there was no alternative, my job would be a lot harder and take much more time.

Avantages: Very easy to use. I especially like that it keeps an inventory of what we have purchased. It's really easy to search for order history, price comparison. The Quartzy offers are a great feature, and it enables our lab staff to have another option in comparing prices. I always recommend Quartzy to the other labs in our building and have taught others to use it. Plus, the customer service staff are outstanding! They are in contact with me immediately when there is something I need to know, like a backorder. They are extremely courteous and respond very quickly.

Inconvénients: I've been using this for about 8 years. In the beginning, the system would notify me if an order was cancelled by the requestor. I'd like this back as it is a day or two after download that I can place the orders. Without this notification, I have an extra step to re-check the order list before I actually place orders, as the lab staff don't always remember to let me know. the other thing I dislike but is not a big deal is that frequently Quartzy offers are for higher prices than we have listed in our order requests, so those usually get ignored. The other obstacle is that many times the offer is for "equivalent" and our staff don't like "equivalent" especially when it comes to glassware (they've told me the equivalents aren't always equivalent enough).

• Publié le 27/04/2020
Breeanne S.
Researcher
Recherche, 2-10 employés

"I love you, Quartzy"

Commentaires: Overall I give it 4.8/5 Just want some more items to be in the store, and be able to change the shipping speed!!
Other than that, it's perfect!!
Oh and - it would be great to have an app!!!

Avantages: Quartzy makes it incredibly easy to manage the inventory and purchases for the lab. No more combing through ridiculously confusing spreadsheets, trying to figuring out who ordered what and when. Everything is in one place, and I can easily find items when I need to re-order them. Also, ordering through quartzy makes my life a whole lot easier. Our procurement system is so slow that it takes a minimum of 10-15 minutes to create the requisition. With Quartzy, I'm done in under 3. Although rush shipping is not available for every item, the shipping time is usually fast. I have repeatedly told my colleagues in other labs to start using this because I know it will make their lives easier too. This is really the best system out there. Thank you Quartzy for saving me so much time and money!

Inconvénients: Sometimes I have issues with ordering & canceling items through quartzy. For example, on one or two occasions, I have had to cancel an order immediately after placing it (usually someone bust in the room and tells me they don't need it or found it from another lab). And even though I hit "cancel" literally within 5 minutes of placing it, it doesn't get canceled. I get an email maybe 12-24 hours later saying "sorry it was too late to cancel, the manufacturer already shipped your item."
I understand that the orders probably get sent over quickly so that they can be delivered faster, but this is still a little frustrating.
It would also be nice to be able to track how the expenses have changed over time One more thing. MAKE THE LOG IN BUTTON EASIER TO FIND ON MOBILE DEVICES!!!! For most people, if you are going to "quartzy.com" it's probably because you want to log in, not sign up :P

Robert S.
Recherche, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 24/04/2020

"The best Ordering software for high-throughput Research Lab"

Commentaires: This software is very user friendly and can be used by anyone and everyone. Very straightforward.
Would love if above suggestions are implemented.

Avantages: The features for adding products in inventory and easily moving them around to ordered, receive categories.
Easy search feature and automatic links that are provided for the product when catalogue number is added.

Inconvénients: 1) It would be good to have a "delivered" feature/tab where we can mark goods as delivered. This will help teams that function with separate receiving departments and stocking department to have better communication.
2) It will be good if the admin names are not replaced. A lab can have multiple administrators over the years and it is not helpful if the current administrator's name is replaced with all the previous user's. This makes tracking of the person in charge confusing. For example: if A, B, C are three administrators (ie., The ones who places orders from the requests). A worked as an admin from 2014-2016, B worked from 2017-2019 and C from 2020-22, what actually happens once C takes charge of the account is - all the old orders are also replaced with C as the administrator. This is not helpful because if there was an error by A or B it is difficult to locate the error as C's name is actually indicated as the admin even that order period (they weren't even part of the system at that year)

Johnny F.
Laboratory Manager
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 16/04/2020

"Quartzy made my job easier AND saves my labs thousands per year."

Commentaires: We solved most of the standard issues laboratories have under other supply chain management systems: Inventory control, best possible pricing, lack of or slow customer service from vendors, requisitions from the technician/primary investigator, expiration date control, etc etc etc. And that was in addition to savings of over 10,000 USD per year from our budget. The customer support is excellent. The days wasted on the phone trying to track down the status of an order are a thing of the past. Backorders, substitutions, returns and exchanges are all one click or in-app message away.

Avantages: Complete control of all inventory items is fully customizable. all of the time and paper wasted in our previous supply chain has been eliminated. Fully functional on any web capable device, anytime, anywhere. Free upload service for prior inventory and purchase request forms by Quartzy saved me hundreds of hours of work
As a vendor prices are beyond competitive and the customer support should be the standard for all industry.

Inconvénients: The only complaint I have at this time is that the access/supply chain tabs are fixed. This is not a huge issue, but I would like to be able to add a "Processing" tab and additional approval tabs to better fit our system.

Hilary W.
Laboratory Manager
  • Publié le 21/04/2020

"Easy, free way to track purchases"

Commentaires: My overall experience with Quartzy after more than four years is excellent. They are quick to respond to queries and we are only getting value. Quartzy has become an invaluable tool that I have recommended to another lab manager setting up a lab and I don't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Avantages: The software is easy to use. It makes it a snap to set up order requests and approvals. Once the work has been done to request an item, it is saved in your history so that you can easily generate re-orders. The software and tracking are free; you only pay if you purchase through Quartzy. It's easy to see if your price or Quartzy's is better. If you are in a position where you have not made purchase agreements with vendors, Quartzy may actually save you money by being a large buyer and passing savings on to you.

Inconvénients: If you do order through Quartzy, you may experience delays relative to ordering directly from the supplier. Quartzy has items in their own inventory which are quicker to acquire and other items they are first going to the supplier. The latter introduces a middle man which can cause an increase in errors or processing time. I choose to track inventory in other ways, however, one can also explore that function.

Sara S.
AP / Purchasing
Énergies renouvelables et environnement, 11-50 employés

"Quartzy is a star!"

Commentaires: Quartzy helps me ensure I get all purchase requests taken care of in a timely manner and keep track of packages and inventory when they arrive. I'm grateful we decided to utilize this service because it's been a lifesaver!

Avantages: I've been using Quartzy for a few years now and it is key in making my job easier. I handle purchasing and I appreciate the simplicity Quartzy offers my team! The entire dashboard is easy to navigate and makes purchasing and keeping track of inventory a breeze. I love the customizable sections and filters, especially when I need to find old orders. I'm also grateful for the discounted prices on certain products when we purchase directly through Quartzy.

Inconvénients: When we first started using Quartzy there was no limit on the number of requests that could be submitted at a time. Now, it's limited to 5 items per request. I have to admit this limit is kind of daunting, especially when I'm inputting lengthly order requests from my colleagues, but it is what it is. I'd also love if the actual orders we make on Quartzy would show the Grant specified in the Purchase History section. I find that I need to go back to the actual request to find the Grant info, and it would be helpful if it showed somewhere near the tracking or invoice number. Those would be my only critiques of Quartzy.

Ken B.
Associate Scientist II
Recherche, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 16/04/2020

"Easy to use, but user interface can be obnoxious/misleading"

Commentaires: Overall it's good. The only reason I would switch to another product are for the "cons" above.

Avantages: I think it's very easy to use. I like the fact it will look up and prepopulate part information for the user upon simply entering the vendor and part number. I like that I can look up previous orders and re-order them quickly without having to re-enter part information.

Inconvénients: There are clearly elements of the user interface that are intended to trick and mislead the user into purchasing parts through Quartzy. First, the "Quartzy store" search bar is at the top of the page, and I have accidentally used this search bar when trying to search through the Requests and Inventory tabs, which are adjacent to the Quartzy Store Search bar. It's location appears to be intended to trick users into using the store search versus the requests or inventory search, which is off to the side of the page. Second, when you order through a non-Quartzy source, all the information about the part except the price are populated in the order form. I'm guessing this is intentional in that i makes non-Quartzy store orders take more time and effort by the user to complete. Third, the Buy through Quartzy popup that appears over the Approve button is clearly designed to get people to mistakenly place orders through the Quartzy store, which is probably the most egregiously "scammy" part of Quartzy.

Ann S.
Admin Assistant

"This what we use"

Commentaires: Overall and daily use is pleasant. Not much headache and it is easy to use and get the hang of.

Avantages: I like having all requests in once place. Regardless if they're purchased directly through Quartzy or another vendor. Most features are intuitive and easy to use. The chat feature or direct message feature is very useful. Customer service has always been on point for me and I appreciate the time

Inconvénients: When using the export feature, it would be helpful from an accounting standpoint to be able to export only received items by date. As it works right now, I must export all open orders by guessing how far back a request may have been submitted and then filter the excel accordingly. While it does work, it takes more time than should be necessary. Also, sometimes the page doesn't refresh or glitches. Which could be due to office internet. There's been a few instances where I'm in the Approval tab placing orders and all of a sudden the order I just placed wasn't actually approved. Needless to say that can be a bit frustrating. I'm glad it doesn't happen that often and I've gotten into the habit to refresh the page manually.

Annie L.
Matières plastiques, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 21/04/2020

"I love everything about Quartzy"

Commentaires: Logging our chemical inventory is easier, logistics of requesting and purchasing items is easier. I spend less time managing this process so I can get on to doing other things.

Avantages: My company started using Quartzy as an chemical inventory service and loved it. I previously was using an excel sheet to log all our chemicals. Using Quartzy I am able to accurately log and edit all incoming chemicals super easily. After about a year of using Quartzy as just an inventory service, we started purchasing from Quartzy and I could not be more pleased. It is SO easy to request items, purchase from Quartzy, alert the requested to when the item has arrived, and then add the new item to the inventory.

Inconvénients: I really do not like the shop search bar being at the top of the page when I am looking at the inventory or another page. It is confusing and I accidentally type in what I want to search in my inventory into the shop all the time!

Angel D.
Molecular Geneticist
Recherche, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 16/04/2020

"QUARTZY is a great tool to administer a research lab!"

Commentaires: Very positive. Highly recommend to any research lab.

Avantages: The best thing about it is that QUARTZY has access to several reagents (biological and non-biological) from the most common vendors. Therefore, there is no need to have multiple accounts (many usernames, many passwords, etc.). In addition, it keeps track of your order - from confirmation to tracking number - all in one place. Finally, when you have received the product you have an option of adding it to your groups inventory, which definetly helps in keeping track where everything is. It also has suggestions to equivalent products at a cheaper price. I have tried this suggestions and they are as good for the purposes that I need. You can set it up to have everybody to order what they need to being the purchasing agent (where you approve orders and go through the process). If there is an issue with your order, you get immediately reached out and options are given to you to decide. These people are super friendly and genuinely want to help you. Finally, since everything is in one place, it makes institutional paperwork super easy!

Inconvénients: Overall I really like it and have suggested to colleagues (new and established labs) to use it. As it stands, I have no issues with it. Recently, I have been thinking that having like a "Budget track" feature would be nice since we are given budgets on supplies but maybe its just me.

Amy W.
Lead Automation Scientist
Biotechnologie, 51-200 employés

"Suggestions"

Commentaires: Positive! I always get a quick response when I inquire about a purchase I made through the site directly.

Avantages: I like how I can easily track my items I order - whether it is directly through Quartzy or from other vendors and import my purchases into Quartzy to track.

Inconvénients: When I look at the "ordered" tab - I use multiple labs to find the items I am ordering to track them. I then export to print off a "receiving list" for people to use to actually check off what items arrive. It would be much easier to do this without having to switch between each lab, export each order list and then merge them all together into Excel. If I could just do this as one step, it would be much easier. It would also be beneficial to have more accurate availability dates when ordering through Quartzy directly. There's been times when I placed an order under the impression that it was available, but actually wasn't due to QC results, etc.

Yuhang Z.
Associate Professor
Recherche, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 22/04/2020

"The only useful and free tool on the market for laboratory management that actually works"

Avantages: The best part of this software is order management. Many small labs cannot afford to allow the students and research scientists to just order supplies and reagents by themselves. Using Quartzy, the staff in the laboratory basically send in the order for me to go over and approve first. By this extra step, I would not only know what they are doing and also keep an eye on the prices and budget. In addition, supplies and reagents that are finally ordered are kept in the system for future reference. After the order is placed, the person who orders the items will need to keep an eye on the shipment and check it off once it is received. This also applies sort of responsibility on them. Another advantage of Quartzy is that it has a store where we can order. Now I can compare the price between Quartzy and other vendors. If price is good on Quartzy, I would simply order them to save my time writing up the requisition forms. On Quartzy, you basically can combine the orders for several companies into one order. That saves a good amount of time for me.

Inconvénients: There is nothing bad about Quartzy although certainly it could be improved further. But it does satisfy our basic needs. Otherwise, I would hope the store has more information for the supplies and reagents that we can order and a better pricing.

• Publié le 22/04/2020
Director of Research
  • Publié le 28/04/2020

"Positively changed the way we manage our lab"

Commentaires: Really enjoy the software for the types of work that we do, and it has made a major impact on the organization and ordering of our chemical inventory. I would highly recommend to any lab that purchases chemicals and biological components on a regular basis, or who is looking for a fairly flexible inventory system.

Avantages: Quartzy serves as our lab inventory and chemical management software as well as the primary site we use to place orders and price-match. It allows us to segment the lab to better organize the storage of components, making the tracking of inventory much more simple and streamlined. Ordering and reordering is a breeze - things that we have previously purchased can be ordered again in seconds, and new products are price-matched and shopped around to various vendors. A final (huge) perk is the discounts and free shipping provided from various vendors, often making it cheaper to order through Quartzy rather than deal with obtaining quotes directly.

Inconvénients: The biggest problem we face is a lack of transparency regarding backorders and shipping delays. I understand that much of this the fault of the specific vendor and not something easily solved, but there seem to be a variety of chemical suppliers that show up in a search with great prices, but who never see to actually stock any inventory. It would be nice to have a way to remove those suppliers from a custom search.

• Publié le 28/04/2020
Cassidy R.
Inventory Specialist
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 16/04/2020

"Great for Small Organizations"

Avantages: I really like the ordering authorization process, as well as the automatic Quartzy quoting system. The ordering process overall is very thorough and streamlined - there are information fields for practically everything you would want to include when requesting an item for order. I also like that for inventory entries, you can add custom fields to tailor it to fit your needs.
Additionally, it is worth mentioning that Quartzy customer support is extremely helpful, thorough, and kind. They follow up on existing issues regularly to ensure that our needs are being met. Their shop feature is a convenient and easy way to find items you need from a variety of manufacturers.

Inconvénients: For inventory tracking purposes, its not ideal. It has limited functionality in regards to knowing when to re-order, signing out inventory, barcode usage, and speedily tracking updates. A phone app might be able to solve some of these issues, with increased barcode integration.

Sara H.
Laboratory Technician
Recherche, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 21/04/2020

"Quartzy for Laboratory Supplies"

Commentaires: I find Quartzy to be easy to use for finding things that I need for my lab and it gives an additional way for me to keep track of a lab inventory and/or a way to keep track of previous purchases for recurring lab items that is convenient.

Avantages: First, let me say that the customer service has been at least as good as anywhere else I have ever ordered from, if not better. I generally find that I can often get items that my lab needs at the same price (or cheaper) and Quartzy is more transparent about the shipping costs and the status of shipment/estimated delivery dates. Sometimes I order from Quartzy instead of the direct company for things that I need just for these features.

Inconvénients: I feel like some of the organizational features, like search filters, aren't always available or aren't always given to me as helpful options. And I feel like when I put a search into the search bar, my results aren't always as appropriate to my search as I would like. Sometimes it feels like you must make certain searches in a very specific way to have the best return on your search results. And sometimes I get filter options that filter out ALL of my results if I apply them, and I don't think that should be how the filter options populate for a search.