Avis clients sur CosmoLex

En savoir plus sur CosmoLex

CosmoLex est le seul système de gestion totale de cabinet, de facturation et de comptabilité basé sur le cloud (QuickBooks® n'est pas requis).

En savoir plus sur CosmoLex

We used another system before and Cosmolex is more economical and user friendly.

No way to track date of loss and statutes of limitation. Takes a great deal of time to manage task lists.

CosmoLex - Notes

CosmoLex a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 314 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé CosmoLex ?

Eric
Eric
Senior Law Clerk and Office Manager (Canada)

Practice Management and Accounting in One

Commentaires : One of the biggest things Cosmolex has done for us is allow us to bring out bookkeeping in-house. We went through 3 bookkeeping firms in 2 years and spent huge sums of money for our accountants to undo the mess they made. Our first year end with Cosmolex and in-house bookkeeping was a little rough but that was mostly cleaning up past mistakes.

The product is generally pretty simple to use. Sometimes you will encounter a quirk that makes you wonder "why did they do it like this?" but once you understand the logic behind it you pick up quickly. The software is updated quite regularly.

They were purchased by Tabs3 about a year ago and the fact that they are not independent is a little concerning.

Pete
Pete
Attorney (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

I am glad I found CosmoLex, I could not get through a day without it.

5,0 l’année dernière

It's easy to use, intuitive, and the customer support is outstanding. I've occasionally contacted them with feature suggestions and they usually end up incorporating those suggestions - or they might show me how I missed something that accomplishes the same thing. The product works as advertised and I have no regrets.

It had a little bit of a learning curve but I had nothing to compare it to. I now find it intuitive, so it's hard to say. Customer support is awesome, though, and they also have videos you can watch that explain most of the problems and issues I experienced along the way.

Moyosore
Prinicipal Counsel (Canada)

Alternatives envisagées :

Overall, I enjoy using Cosmolex.

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Superb. I definitely have and will continue to recommend cosmolex to my colleagues.

On a lighter note, aside from the very important features. I like the soft display interface. It is easy on the eyes, the monthly graph and pie chart is very great for keeping track of income.

Accounting, but that was an issue with my personal knowledge rather than the software itself. Cosmolex care assisted.

Lawyer (Canada)
Services juridiques, Auto-entrepreneur

Decent functionality, UI needs improvement

3,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : I switched away from Cosmolex after a few months. There are better products out there at the same price point.

The top feature for Cosmolex is the integrated accounting functions, and it is really nice to have this built-in.

The User Interface is not as intuitive as it needs to be for users to work in the platform efficiently. A few big missing features are the universal search bar, and bulk changes.

Karin
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Canada)

Great All in One Solution

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Both lawyers & support staff are very satisfied with the switch to CosmoLex.

Onboarding/migration process was quite smooth; great team to work with.Easy to use all aspects of firm and trust accounting, quarterly reporting, Love the integration with Microsoft 365; getting closer to becoming 'paperless'.Can't wait to get the client portal in full use.The Live Support portal is the best I've ever used. They usually have the answer but if not the matter is immediately escalated and responded to.

A bit of a learning curve moving from previous software. Don't switch during a busy period.Would like to see a client ledger which incorporates both trust and general expense entries on single page.

Jennifer
Attorney (É.-U.)

Best Attorney Software

Commentaires : Great program with easy customer support (even a chat feature). The prior legal platform software we used constantly had issues with an expensive yearly update that was required. Cosmolex is cloud-based so no need for updates. there is no need for an additional bookkeeping program for your office expenses as the program will handle that along with your trust accounting.

I like that you can handle your everyday office accounting in the same program as your trust accounting. There is no need for a separate program. Our clients love the client portal and they can upload documents directly to the client portal instead of having to bring them into our physical office. Cosmolex keeps each of your client files organized where you can save all of your emails, documents, and share the ones that you need to share with your clients through the client portal.

We would like to be able to make one bulk deposit at one time instead of having to go through by individual dates and make individual deposits.

Nikki
Legal Assistant (Canada)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

The best legal accounting software I've ever used

5,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : Been working with Cosmolex for 2 years now. It is great and easy to use. I wouldn't ever go back to PCLaw.

It is great and easy to use. It's simple to navigate.

There is nothing about the software that I don't like.

Jessica
Owner, Virtual Legal Assistant (Canada)
Services juridiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Still new to the software but really happy with it!

5,0 il y a 8 mois

I like how easy it was to integrate into my business. I was using a different software before and it was very easy to make the switch.

I currently have not come across anything that I wish were different.

Amy
Owner (É.-U.)

Billing made simple

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

I love using CosmoLex for invoices / billing!

I haven't had any negative experiences at this point.

Jackie
Jackie
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Trial period looks promising

It has the basic needs for any law firm from document storage; workflows, time tracking and invoicing. Their selling point is that eliminates the need for quickbooks. So far the support has been great but I am in a demo stage in which they are trying to sell me the product.

While not having to pay for quickbooks is a bonus, I'm not sure that any accountant or bookkeeper would really want to adapt to a different softward as qb is the industry standard.

Ana
Attorney at Law (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés

Cosmolex Review

Commentaires : I became a Cosmolex customer after being a customer of another practice management system and a customer of a widely known accounting software. My law practice incorporates general practice areas ranging from real estate/title agency, personal injury, litigation, family law, to probate and estate planning. With a variety of practice areas such as my firm, the challenges of practice management are complex because each area of the law has its own set of individual policies and procedures. The program I was using didn't capture my time spent on cases, nor created a detailed bill for my clients' review that completely captured all of the work my staff and I performed on their case. Cosmolex produces an invoice for the client that justifies my legal fee, which is essential to client satisfaction, and critical for ethical compliance purposes for cases that are accepted on a retainer or hourly basis. Not only do I earn more money because I'm able to quickly track time and expenses, but I also deliver a better product. Less time is spent telling my client what I did on their case but instead, allows me to focus on the particular legal matter the client hired me to solve. Further, the biggest hurdle to launching a successful law firm (I've only had my own law firm for seven months), is bookkeeping, and I have an in-house, nearly full-time bookkeeper which is also an accountant and is even qualified as an expert in a common accounting software system. However, with all of that knowledge and expertise, so much of my time was spent on accounting, and now it's spent on practicing law and a deeper concentration on my cases. This was not and could not have been possible with other accounting software systems on the market. Trust me, I tried them, and they only created problems. The other systems in the market (even those that are tailored for law firms) simply make the law firm work for the system, and not the system work for the law firm. Cosmolex is comprehensive. It takes care of the daily task delegation, case progress, and time tracking, accounting, employee performance, and reports. My experience has been an eye-opening one. My experience is mostly a relief because without Cosmolex I would still be living in the dark-ages of unproductivity and frustration.

Ease of use, the simplicity of timecards, layout/design, price, functionality across multiple practice areas, ethical compliance considerations, cyber security protection, and mobility.

Lack of knowledge by customer support, inability of 24/7 customer support access, inadequate and burdensome contact importing process, access to library of forms and templates with incorporated merge fields, failure of bank integration for purposes of deposits, no app available, not synced with lexicata or another CRM service, doc mgmt could use some navigational ease of use improvement, no place for employees to insert their time for purposes of payroll, no spell checker, inability to make a matter designated as anything other than inactive or active (nice if had more options, such as closed cases, prospective lead, consultation only, referred out), migration of emails into cosmolex, lack of automatic matching of emails to correct corresponding client file (doesn't exist retroactive to joining Cosmolex at all, and once joined, the automatic email matching is rare but is much more usually manual entry, automatic base fee for commonly used tasks and expenses that would automatically be applied to each type of case's invoice for example, fax $2.50, copy cost 30 cents per page, courier fee $5.00, postage cost of $10.00, generate and open file $15, $10 document retention fee, and legal research $20.00, additional permissions for each user based on more than is listed under "role," label generator, sync with efax and adobe sign and google for work, ability to mark certain case documents as confidential and/or only for internal viewing purposes.

il y a 7 ans

Hi Ana, Thank you for taking the time to detail your thoughts, it is constructive feedback like yours which keeps us grounded. You run a multi-dimensional practice and are a tech enthusiastic, full of ideas. While we currently do not offer 24/7 live customer support as you stated, this is planned for the near future. We also agree that data migration from one system to another can often be very cumbersome. Though we have automated this process quite a bit since you became a customer, we understand that this can be perceived as a major hurdle for some firms, which is why we work hard every day to improve this process. Lastly, we value your comment that "[CosmoLex] is already well beyond its counterparts and is arguably the next big leader in legal tech practice management". We can assure you that we will be relentless in our pursuit of simplifying the practice of law! Erica Birstler, Manager, Client Services Dept.

Marc
Lawyer (Canada)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

This is a time and money saver for any firm.

Commentaires : I was looking for a complete solution to my practice management and accounting needs.

I tried various other platforms including PCLaw and Clio, but they lacked in usability or functionality compared to CosmoLex. PCLaw is outdated, slow and not cloud based, while Clio lacks firm accounting functionality and though they advertise quickbooks syncing, there are major issues with the syncing that requires a great deal of work by the end user. CosmoLex is able to do virtually everything Clio can do with respect to practice management and even has a few unique features. However, where CosmoLex really shines is with its built in accounting system. As a Canadian Lawyer we require certain functionality that our American counterparts do not and CosmoLex has done a great job of meeting our needs. CosmoLex can properly deal with our HST/GST/PST issues and payments as well as offer us accrual based accounting as we are required to use by law. There is NO other cloud based platform with an all-in-one solution for Canadian Lawyers. This is a time and money saver for any firm.

I would like to see document generation (of all sorts), multiple clients per matter, the ability to generate Client I.D. Forms from the contact information. Also helpful would be the ability to attach scanned receipts, cheques, and bills to accounting entries similar to the functionality in QuickBooks. Some minor efficiency changes like being able to select certain options when creating an entry rather than having to re-open it afterwards.

William
Principal (É.-U.)

Great Product

Commentaires : My experience with Cosmolex has exceeded my expectations. I did a lot of research on what is out there in the market and Cosmolex came out on top, primarily because of the integrated backend accounting so that I did not have to deal with QuickBooks. Over the last couple of years, using Cosmolex, has been awesome. Being able to keep track of my time with the timer, bulk entry of Timeslips, ease of sending out invoices, invoices with a link to pay electronically, inclusion of law pay as a part of the subscription, etc., etc., etc., are all wonderful parts of the experience.

Super easy to use. Billing with a timer, bulk billing (was added after I requested), super responsive customer support/chat, great reports, full back-end accounting

I can often think of new features I would love to see but obviously they cannot add everything I want immediately.

Tony
Managing Attorney (É.-U.)

CosmoLex Review

Commentaires : I'm not sure that it's changed anything, since I started out with cloud based services, but it's better than Clio because it doesn't screw up in a major fashion once a quarter or more.

Stability, integrated accounting, and better support staff. I used Clio for a couple years at my last firm, and I have zero intention of switching back.

The UI is not exactly intuitive. The search functionality, while robust, is also a bit awkward. Certain things that seem like they might be no-brainer search field options aren't present, and certain items that I would expect to be heavily used by most users aren't as quickly and easily accessed as I would like (for example - the calendar, in my opinion, deserves its own direct access sidebar button).

Alyssa
Rule 6 Law Clerk (Mexique)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients...

Commentaires : Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients down from 2-3 days to 2-3 hours.

The ability to add charges on the go is a huge plus for the attorney. He can bill his time while in court.

Old client invoices, there needs to be a way to unlock invoices to allow payment on outstanding debt. I've contacted customer service and we had a backdoor way of doing it but the newest update to CL has erased that ability. So now old clients who have no active charges are inconvenienced and must come into the office to pay. Would love to see more functions for old accounts!

il y a 5 ans

Hi Alyssa. Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure I understand the issue you are having. Bills become locked for edits once a payment is received (which can be lifted), but future payments can still be applied, as long as there is a balance. You can resend old, open invoices which have a balance and then apply a payment to those whether by retainer, check or credit card. It does not matter how old they are. If there is something I am missing, or you have additional information which can assist, please email support@cosmolex.com and we will be happy to look into this further.

Wendy
Office Manger/Bookkeeper (É.-U.)

Cosmolex

Commentaires : Everyday I learn more with Cosmolex. At first it is kind of confusing but once you learn how to use all the benefits it becomes easier.

The Pros with Cosmolex is once you learn all the features it is really easy to work with. I believe with entering the money portion on Cosmolex has been easier than any other system.

The cons were getting use to usisng Cosmolex. After you go through the webinars they have and learning videos it becomes easier to work with. There is always someone available to actually help you if you do have a question about anything if the teaching videos do not help in figure out your issue.

Christine
Attorney /Owner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

Easy and Complete Legal Accounting Software.

Commentaires : I am collecting fees and costs more easily and without having to see the client or talk to them on the phone. They can pay directly through their invoice or reminder emails sent by the program. Same for the trust retainer. Links are easily sent to clients to deposit directly to trust. The program makes the accounting entries for you on in the general ledger and the bank accounts.

It does both front and back office capabilities. It is easy to access everything about a client. All time, billing and any other information needing to be entered is in one software application. No need to have Quick Books and some other legal software. Invoicing is easy to facilitate and clients can pay through links on the invoices. This program interacts with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google, LawPay and many others.

There are some reporting functions that are not yet available. This program still does not have a function for collecting Judgments on behalf of clients.

Peter
Managing Lawyer (Canada)
Cabinet d'avocats, 11-50 employés

2 year Cosmolex User

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Having a cloud based system during Covid and into the future allows our firm to be flexible and current. Although pricey, the value is still there and we enjoy using this software.

Cosmolex integrates the accounting software and features we needed with the management of our law practice. Support takes care of any issues that arise quickly and efficiently.

Some parts of customization are not intuitive and assistance from customer support is sometimes required. Luckily, customer support is quick and easy to access.

Katrina
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

The switchover was a challenge, but I am very pleased that we did this!

Commentaires : Very positive.... and sooo much better than the primary competitor in the Canadian market. The cost is a little high (particularly for licenses for support staff who are only using the software for a few minutes every day).

Web based; Ease of use right from the start; Excellent training tools; Excellent customer service; Most of my clients really appreciate the customer portal - I expect that as my clients are, as a group, more inclined to use technology to manage their legal affairs, they will be using it more. The reconciliation of trust accounts with the option to simply download and compare entries is very simple and helpful.

Some of the more advance functionalities still need work. As an example, we still haven't figured out how to create several template invoices for fixed rate matters (the fixed rate will vary based on the type of matter); there have also been some challenges with the coding of our letterhead (which works fine in a Word document) so we have had to use a work-around.

Kyle
Office Manager and Law Clerk (Canada)

Best User Friendly Interface

Commentaires : I have a great experience with the program and use it most of the day every day.

I appreciate most the ability to correct errors in accounting when they are noticed and the integration with the trust account.

Some of the deep user options are difficult to find but this is necessary with the level of customization allowed.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for your review, Kyle! Your honest feedback regarding our accounting functionality is sincerely appreciated. We've spent countless hours working on our accounting features to make sure we provide everything you need in a single platform and to eliminate compliance worries, and continue to develop its functionality every day.

Jeanne
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

CosmoLex was the only one I found that had accounting built in

Commentaires : Our former practice management software was outdated and no longer supported by the developer. We were looking for something that would allow us the features we were used to in our personal technologies, such as cloud based storage and usability on multiple platforms, not just desktop PC as our old software required. We've been more than impressed with the bells and whistles, many of which we realize are features we now can't live without!

Built in accounting was the biggest deal breaker for our choosing CosmoLex. As the bookkeeper, fed up with our clunky old software, I was looking for a new system that would be a modern and practical take on practice management and CosmoLex was the only one I found that had accounting built in. Being cloud based allows us to bill time or check in when out of the office and though we had looked at another program that was cloud based, CosmoLex offered greater flexibility and it looks great, to boot.

Our office would love to see some updates for the calendar and tasks - specifically a central office calendar that is the default view. We are composed of two attorneys and two support staff where we are all working on the same cases. Short of adding each event to four individual calendars it would great to have everything on one sort of "home" calendar where we can all easily view and comment.

Laura
Owner (É.-U.)

Love this product

Commentaires : Love it

I like the Ease of use and customer service.

This product is not widely used by accountants.

il y a 3 ans

Thank you for leaving your review, Laura! Your honest feedback is invaluable to the continued development of our product.

Ed

Essential

Commentaires : Again, it's essential to my practice, and the built-in accounting is fantastic.

I was reluctant to subscribe to a practice management solution, but now can't envision getting along without it. It has everything I need from time tracking to accounting right at my fingertips.

I occasionally run into accounting difficulties in terms of writing off charges or editing past transactions, but I'm not sure that's a drawback of CosmoLex as much as it is my ignorance of accounting best practices.

Robert
Principal Owner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

The ideal system for my purposes

Cosmolex is a web based system that gives me full flexibility of where I work and on what device I access my data. Moreover, the fact that Cosmolex is a fully integrated billing, accounting and trust accounting system makes it the ideal system form my purposes

I would like to see a more robust program for the migration of all of my prior accounting data - at least for the current C/Y of conversion so that I will have a full. accurate and consistently organized set of reports to submit to may accountant at year end. I would also like the migration to cover all of the detail for all of my Trust Accounts from day one forward to date of conversion to Cosmolex. This will facilitate any and all client or other audits of each Trust Account

il y a 6 ans

Hi Robert. Thank you for your review and feedback. In regards to your note about migration. Financial Migration is never an 'easy' process. While most firms choose to migrate balances from a particular cut off date (we supply many automated tools to assist with that), you absolutely can migrate all previous transaction history. For your taxes, the current tax year is most relevant, but for your trust account you may wish to import past history. That does require additional time and labor, and cost if outsourced, but it is definitely doable. Any questions, please let me know.

Alex
lawyer (Tchéquie)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

I found the user interface modern, straightforward, and easy to learn.

Commentaires : I came to Cosmolex because I was invited to a meet-and-greet with the CEO. He was great and really seemed passionate about the product, and that inspires passion in others. I saw him interact with other users and take into account their feedback and the changes they wanted to make to the product. When I tried it out for myself, I found that passion reflected in everyone else I talked to at the company and that's a great thing. It means that support really wants to help you, instead of just get rid of you. CosmoLex is a product that's updated regularly and that seems to really take into account what their users want to see, and that's perfect for me.

I found the user interface modern, straightforward, and easy to learn. It was also cloud-based, which is a plus, and I found support very helpful.

The UI can be very slow when moving from page to page. Certain tasks are difficult because pop-up windows exist only within the frame of the page and you can't move them around to reveal other data you might want to access to fill things out (like copying a regularly-used hard cost, for example). Some of the banking stuff was more difficult than necessary because it didn't let you enter things. For example, if a bill was paid by someone other than the client.