The next generation productivity king!!!!!

Publié le 30/09/2019
Business Group Head
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The overall experience is superb. The lightweight super functional app also has iOS apps which i love.

Avantages: The best thing about this software is the very idea behind it. It is one of those pieces of software that you never knew you needed until you actually saw it and started using it. It falls in that amazing sweet spot between note-taking, todo list management, and personal database management. It is hard to explain the sheer utility of this app. And therein lies its beauty. Each person can customize it in any way they want. There are blocks that you can customize any way you want - todos, notes, headlines, comments, etc. I love the comments feature, it is super useful when there is a ton of notes on a subject. But the standout feature is the lightweight relational database that is absolutely the best for personal productivity. For example, you can track your bills and their status along with the details and due date in a database that is created as a block in your personal finance page. You can have many pages nested one under the other. Alongside you can have another small database that tracks your credit/debit cards, coupons, etc. It is super useful and you can manage any information from recipes to contacts.

Inconvénients: The free plan has a limit of a 1000 blocks which is too little. But it is free for students, so that is a plus.

Notion is so powerful!

Publié le 18/06/2019
Thibault L.
Customer Success Manager
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Notion has become the most important place to store business information from company handbook, to projects, to personal notes, to business information, to spreadsheets and Kanban boards. It is THAT flexible!

Inconvénients: Since we use it for everything at work, it can sometimes be difficult to find the right information. Another improvement would be better/faster sync and offline support on the iOS mobile apps.

Notion is a godsend! Amazing! Way more than it looks like!

Publié le 29/05/2019
Jason H.
Web Developer
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've been using software for my entire life. I have extensively used every major OS, and I was one of the first people to own an iPhone with the App Store on it. In my opinion, this is the most meaningful and useful piece of software ever written. I'm not exaggerating, this software has more potential than anything I've ever used. You can seriously organize your life, business, and hobbies with this so easily. It's like having a $30,000 website custom developed for you in an afternoon. But better because you actually understand it!

Avantages: It's easy to use, but still INSANELY rich in features.
It allows you to create custom databases, and display them in different places and different ways, very easily, all with point and click interfaces.
You can use it to set up a simple todo list, or you can make an extremely awesome company Intranet/Internal CRM or CMS from it.
It's like being able to make your own apps with zero programming needed.
If you like Evernote, this is that on steroids, and designed better too.

Inconvénients: Almost every major thing I can think of is already being done well. The one thing it really needs, which I know is already on the horizon, is a public API for integrations. Once that is possible the possibilities with this app will be truly endless. One more small nitpick that comes to mind is being able to make links (to other pages, databases, etc) be a little bigger or have a thumbnail version that shows the picture (sort of how like gallery items show up).

Notion review

Publié le 13/10/2019
Freelancer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I can create and edit documents with colleagues, track simple projects, save articles, video i like, and also make notes and keep a diary. Notion helps me and the team to share the information more and more easily. Personal knowledge and experience was written in topic in the notion, it can bo strong as the wiki.

Avantages: I enjoy the function about creating and tracking the simple projects with colleagues.

Inconvénients: There are very few options for organizing content and customizing views.

An absolute joy to use

Publié le 16/07/2019
Rob M.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Notion is one of a small handful of products that brings "delight". You can tell that all of the product features have been _extremely_ well thought out, right down to the keyboard shortcuts which mimic those of VS code and other software dev tools. I use it to take notes on online courses and as a combination of a Trello board / Calendar

Inconvénients: Offline support could be better. In particular, having a few templates stored offline would be great. The reload every time you open Notion is also a bit annoying, it would be great if it optimistically merged from your offline version or updated behind the scenes once in a while.

My favorite personal knowledge base hub

Publié le 20/06/2019
Jonathan P.
Director of Marketing & Strategy
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My team was spread across too many apps with a lot of redundancy in what we did. To keep productivity high, I migrated our team to Notion since I've had a great experience using it personally. I've been a happy user ever since.

Avantages: - Extensive features and intuitive UI allows you to create feature-rich documents
- Affordable personal plan compared to competitors and how much software you can replace with ONE app
- You can use features from G Suite, Asana, and Tettra... in a single app
- Nested pages makes it easy to navigate to where you need to
- Easily publish pages to the public

Inconvénients: - No true offline support makes it difficult to work without internet
- Documents with a lot of blocks get a little sluggish

Really intuitive and awesome knowledge base

Publié le 18/07/2019
Patrick E.
Software Developer
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is easy to learn and quite intuitive. I like it how you can set emoji and covers for each page, this makes them rememberable. I also liked the whole block system and the markdown support.

Inconvénients: It would be nice if the free plan would support more free blocks (currently: 1000).

Multii-functional software we're using across teams

Publié le 14/05/2019
Deepa P.
Product Marketer
Organisme social ou civique, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: - We're using Notion for so many things -- everything from technical product documentation, to managing user research pipelines, hiring pipelines, to project management.
- Love how easy it is to mix different blocks -- the tables have been game changing for us
- Love the small, delightful features like dark mode, ability to use different colors, icons/photography

Inconvénients: - I think the tables would ideally be more robust -- for example, we're still hosting dashboards in Airtable because they have a really great CSV upload feature, whereas notion doesn't
- Need better track changes capability. I still have to use Google Docs for copywriting because it's too difficult in Notion to track changes & comments

Excellent Flexible Workspace

Publié le 16/09/2019
Elizabeth M.
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Notion is used both in my business and personal life to keep reading lists, manage projects, and plan my week.

Avantages: Notion is a fantastic tool with several high quality templates for things such as reading lists, task lists, notes, project management, and various business planning tools. It is easy to use, extremely flexible, and allows for superior information organization with nesting sub pages.

Inconvénients: I don't have any complaints. Notion works exactly how I would expect, I've yet to run into any bugs and I use this software at the very least weekly.

Nothing but love for Notion

Publié le 01/08/2019
Technical Support Specialist
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This thing is RIDICULOUSLY versatile. For work, we've moved our Kan Ban board over, our CRM, and general reference and operations materials. Notion is incredibly intuitive and works like it should. You can nest pages, create databases, use formulas in databases, and even link those databases. You can do anything with Notion!

Inconvénients: The print view of Notion is pretty weak, but if you never need to print what's in there, you could just easily never leave.

One of the best productivity tools you can have!

Publié le 04/08/2019
Joey B.
Account Executive
Recrutement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Absolutely wonderful, I use it to organize my life!

Avantages: Love the endless customizations that you can do with this product! Create a template for literally anything and organize it however you like!

Inconvénients: sometimes it can be too blank a canvas, but they are slowing growing their template library to help with inspiration!

A wiki, a todo list, a project tracker all in one app

Publié le 02/08/2019
Polo G.
Product Designer
Design, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great, Notion has to be one of the best new products that have come out in the past few years. It has made a real change in team communication and knowledge data base inside my startup.

Avantages: - Easy to use
- The ways you can use it is beyond imagination
- Tables, wiki pages you can even embed things like prototypes inside a page.
- Easy to manage teams, and share files inside.
- Forget about having your own company site for internal use, this is the thing to have.
- The apps for mobile and tablet work so good.

Inconvénients: - Has a little bit of learning curve but once you overcome it, the sky is the limit.

Love love love this product

Publié le 27/06/2019
Associate
Développement de programmes, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: All time favorite! Love the fresh UI, intuitive design (things are where you expect them to be), and helps you stay organized and in fact, has contributed to my productivity—helping me establish a plan rather than procrastinate by trying to create a plan. Lots of customer-indicated functionalities (esp calendar view, list views of notes that allows you to filter and sort, etc.)

Inconvénients: Nothing big. I absolutely love it. It can be very slow sometimes, and other times it randomly logs me out, but still worth it given how great the use cases are.

Good for personal productivity/webapp, inadequate for students

Publié le 27/09/2019
Eric D.
Student
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use Notion to document my life/work and design my work space. Notion does this really well and I really enjoy it. I find it frustrating that I cannot write inline math in text blocks since I am an engineering student. It is a good experience overall.

Avantages: I love this software because it has many tools that I can use to monitor my health and work. It's very well designed and pleasant to use. I use it for a note documenting, journaling, and creative work showcase. This app has the potential to be the best app overall. Furthermore, the app is free for college students!

Inconvénients: As a college student in the engineering field, I need to document a lot of equations. It is nice that Notion has equation blocks. However, I am unable to write inline math in text blocks. Writing equations in a block and commenting/annotating the variables in the equations in the text blocks is an essential tool for engineers. When Notion integrates the functionality of inline math in text blocks, it would be a perfect app for all students.

I'm obsessed with Notion

Publié le 27/07/2019
Médias en ligne, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use it as a personal CRM, and track all of my meetings and to do's. It's a bit manual (by design) but really helps me stay organized and on top of everything

Avantages: I absolutely love the relational databases - I've been looking for something to help me link and organize thoughts, contacts, meetings, to do's, etc. and Notion has finally become the software that can help me do all of this!

Inconvénients: I wish they had a few features from Evernote - namely the scanning photo feature on the app and an email to Notion feature.

Notion, the newest and the best but too broad

Publié le 06/10/2019
Luke C.
Intern
Internet, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Notion is my personal information management tool other than Evernote.

Avantages: Notion is the new kid on the block in terms of information management. It lets you do things in a new way with blocks of text instead of just strict text. I like that they're innovating in such a priority space. I expect good things to continue with the company.

Inconvénients: Unlike Evernote or MacOS notes, I cannot find a good way to integrate this with my workflow. It's well designed but it seems to be too broad to be used in any fixed way.

Amazing tool for documentation and collaboration

Publié le 25/09/2019
Flavio A.
Creative Director
Design, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very happy with the product, which has now become our number one tool for documentation and collaboration.

Avantages: We started using Notion a little while ago as a simple replacement for other products like Evernote, and it has now quickly become our number one tool for internal documentation, knowledge sharing and collaboration. It's intuitive, simple to use, includes a number of different templates for pages/documents and has tons of excellent features.

Inconvénients: Not a major issue for us at the moment, but it would be great to get full offline support in the future.

A flexible note taking app

Publié le 29/06/2019
Karlo G.
Risk Operations Analyst
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has solved me and my company a lot of time in dealing with a lot of paperwork. This software can fully eliminate the use of paper in an office work setting.

Avantages: It can be on a vast array of functions like note taking app, task management or even official documentations. The software provides a lot of fully customizable features that one can never find on other notes software.

Inconvénients: The features can be overwhelming especially when you're trying to familiarize yourself on the interface. It can also make things a little difficult when editing notes or making documentations, I cannot say it is intuitive because of it's many uses.

All-in-one documentation solution

Publié le 19/09/2019
Product Strategy Intern
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have recently started to use Notion and I am loving it. I don't have to toggle between apps anymore.

Avantages: - Very savvy with the use of icons, images, and stickers
- mobile-friendly
- precompiled templates are very handy and a lot of thought has been put in creating the solution

Inconvénients: - I am still adapting to this so I find a few things hard to navigate at the beginning
- The login is either through Google or email and wit email every time there is a unique code. The process is little too long

Excellent Collaborative Tool

Publié le 14/08/2019
Rasheed C.
Vice President
Divertissement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a multi national comic book company, Notion makes it very was to keep our creative process on task and everyone involved at every turn. And makes file sharing and organization something we don't need to worry about.

Avantages: I like the ease of file sharing, collaboration and organization tools you have at your disposal. It's like having micosoft word and asana in one digital tool

Inconvénients: There are some useful features that are hidden or require a tutorial to find or use

I use it for EVERYTHING

Publié le 12/10/2019
Maria G.
Product Designer
Internet, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm able to collaborate with the team within a shared space that doesn't feel cluttered. The UI makes sense, it's easy and straightforward so great for on boarding new people being added to the team.

Avantages: I started using Notion after a coworker recommended it. I absolutely LOVE the templates available for notion and the design of the UI on the macOS app is really good. Im able to navigate through each tab seamlessly Whether I'm trying to take quick notes or using it as a task management tool, the ease of use is definitely one of my favorite features. It's a great collaboration tool as well. Our team account also displays when others are making changes which is pretty neat and good for keeping track of who is making what changes.

Inconvénients: At times when more than one team member is on the same page (for web experience), it tends to slow the performance of the browser quite a bit. It's not bad, but definitely noticeable and it lags a little.

Great software for personal use

Publié le 25/08/2019
Software Engineer
Cabinets médicaux, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Notion is a platform you can keep all sorts of data about your teams and your personal life in an organized way.

Avantages: The abundance of features for all kinds of note-keeping is the main draw of this software. Whether you want a ticket board, table, or a calendar, you can do all of that on this platform.

Inconvénients: It lacks the functionality to save documents for offline use, which is a bit annoying when you travel.

Good for a company wiki

Publié le 19/07/2019
Danilo N.
Engenheiro de software
Internet, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Easy to use, configure, with the possibility to add many different things to a wiki page. Freat functionalities on free-tier.

Avantages: Easy to use, configure, and with the possibility to add many different things like maps, code snippets, links and files, subpages, etc. Ideal to test a company wiki, to share interesting things that are being made inside your teams and what more you can imagine.

Inconvénients: At the moment, I have no complaints about NotionHQ

Everything in one product

Publié le 12/08/2019
CSM
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We needed a repository for product documentation, information for onboarders, to-do lists and task management for team members. Notion was simple to setup and their team is very responsive. They continually upgrade their product and add new features.

Avantages: Notion is simple to use, great for team collaboration, and made onboarding a breeze for new joiners. The search function is gold.

Inconvénients: Things can get a little messy pretty quickly if there isn't someone managing how it's organized. For instance, there can be a lot of information in hidden links and dropdowns if not managed properly.

My Second Brain

Publié le 31/05/2019
Shirley C.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Notion is super flexible and powerful. It's my new go to note-taking app. I love the database feature and the fact that I can generate multiple views including kanban boards. The ability to create templates makes project management a breeze. Notion is a real deal note-taking/project management/personal productivity app. Great Evernote or Trello replacement.

Inconvénients: The mobile apps are a little slow to load, but the vast functionality of the app outweighs any small drawback.