15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur OriginPro

En savoir plus sur OriginPro

Visualisez, explorez et analysez vos données grâce à une interface pointer-cliquer conviviale. Optimisez votre workflow avec des opérations par lots.

En savoir plus sur OriginPro

Easy integration of custom code, modules, etc. Powerful batch processing.

The inability to process NMR , FTIR , and MS data easily without going through a txt file.

OriginPro - Notes

OriginPro a reçu une note globale de 4,8 étoiles sur 5 d'après 195 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé OriginPro ?

Karolis
Karolis
Innovation manager (Lituanie)
Recherche, 501–1 000 employés

The best tool for making graphs

Commentaires : OriginPro is and will be my first choice when creating graphs.

The best feature is how easy you can make a graph from data. You just add the data, select columns and press the needed graph button and that is it. It takes very little time to make a lot of graphs and adjust them, Also, I love how much of graphs you can adjust. Everything on the graph is adjustable. Additionally, Origin has all the mathematical tools that you will need for data analysis. Adding that you can automate everything. Origin is the most powerful and user friendly tool for graphical data analysis. Also, I like that Origin can be used for data storage. You can keep an entire project in one file.

What bugs me the most, is that the plotted graph style is very much outdated. The graph looks just ugly and it feels like from the 90s. It needs serious update because I can not show them in a business meeting.

Christian
News Editor/Journalist (Danemark)
Presse écrite, 11–50 employés

An Advance Analysis Software for Data Processing

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall, OriginPro is an excellent analysis software that provides users with many powerful features and tools to help them process large amounts of data in a timely manner. The visuals and graphs generated by OriginPro are of high quality, making it easier to interpret the data. However, the cost can be prohibitive for some users, and the learning curve can be steep for those who are new to the software.

OriginPro is an incredibly intuitive and robust data analysis software for scientists and researchers. The software has a wide range of features and tools that allow users to process complex data sets quickly and easily. Additionally, the visuals and graphs generated by OriginPro are of high quality, making it easier to interpret the data.

One of the drawbacks of OriginPro is the cost; it is quite expensive compared to its competitors. Furthermore, the learning curve can be steep for those who are unfamiliar with its features and tools.

GUI lost its way

Commentaires : I do data plotting and analysis. Anything from 2D graphs to matrices, 3D plots, spectral analysis and fitting.

Powerful tool included within the options on data analysis and data plot management

1. Its interface and menus. Origin has grown massively in ways to customize every possible feature on the menu, let it be data fit or plotting. It produced very complicated and difficult to navigate menus with mirriad of tick boxes, fields, sub-options etc. Some of this make process of using software very painful. 2. Milti peak spectral fit of spectra with difficult base lines.

il y a 5 ans

Hello, Thank you for the review. Regarding your comment: ". Multi peak spectral fit of spectra with difficult base lines." Could you please send us a sample case? Sincerely, OriginLab

Lee
Technical Manager/Studaent (R.-U.)
Nanotechnologie, 51–200 employés

I am an extremely satisfied user of Origin 2017/19! Origin is thoroughly recommended!

Commentaires : I use Origin to plot all types of chemical analysis data. There is usually a considerable amount of data to analyse and Origin allows you to plot and present much much more quickly and clearly than in Excel which has saved me so much time and trouble. The plotted data can be manipulated quickly to allow accurate and timely analysis. Once you have made a template, save it to use next time. Mathematical tools are installed as standard to allow calculations at a touch of a button. The list goes on....

I was introduced to the software at the start of my PhD (surface chemistry) by a few of my colleagues. They all said I should start using it as it was excellent. They were not wrong! The software is extremely easy to use well right out of the blocks. The presentation of data is truly superb, and frankly makes excel plots look extremely dated. Templates can be made as you work to speed up analysis and presenting. Data can be instantly presented in many types of plots and overlays. Calculations that take a relative age (if at all) in Excel take moments in Origin. As a chemist constantly looking at spectra, one of my favourite Origin features is the zoomed inset, which can be added with one click. I have had questions on occassion, and the Origin IT department respond immediately with the answers. I do still use Excel when I have to, but Origin is now my main data analysis tool. I really cannot say enough for Origin. The software and after service is truly excellent!!!

When I first installed Origin 2019, it took me 5-10 minutes to install the zoomed inset function ;) Seriously, there is nothing to dislike about Origin.

Claudia
Claudia
PhD Student (Mexique)
Biotechnologie, 201–500 employés

OriginPro is what you need for scientific data analysis

Commentaires : I used OriginPro for regression analysis and ANOVA tests. During my bachelor I processed tons of kinetic data and physics experiments where I needed the best correlation and interpretation. However, it has many other features that I never studied and made it look complex . I would love Origin had a cheaper and user-friendly version of the software with limited features since not everybody uses all of them. I would also suggest them to add explanatory messages for the feature and parameters you're using.

I really like the Fitting feature to perform Regression Analysis, the ANOVA tests and Hypothesis testing. I can obtain a lot of mean comparisons (Tukey, Fischer, Bonferroni) which I needed for statistics program in college. OriginPro is very versatile, I've used it for chemistry, physics, statistics and math and never needed an extra software to perform data analysis.

OriginPro is not easy to learn and use. The interface is not as intuitive as other software. Specifically I don't like how to transform data through equations. Definitely the data selection to perform analysis is weird and I've never seen this way to select data before. But you get used to it and it's easier with time.

Executive VP Engineering (É.-U.)
Pétrole et énergies, 11–50 employés

Origin is a definate personal advantage in my toolkit

I am able to present data in ways that aren't available in other software packages. The best advantage is being able to present two data streams that have different time scales. This is not easily done with the present business standard software packages. The array of plot types is amazing.

Origin is constantly updating and adding features so sometimes the help files lag the development in the product.

Jin
assistant prof (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 2–10 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Good product for research use

Commentaires : Good product. All students and postdocs in my group use it on daily basis.

The figures made from origin is very professional. Data analysis tools are well integrated with various programming language.

The price is slightly expensive compared with other similar software, however I think it worth the price.

Md Shaihan Bin
Graduate Teaching Assistant (É.-U.)
Recherche, 5 001–10 000 employés

Best data analysis tool I’ve ever used

Commentaires : My experience with Origin is quite old. I’m using this tool since 2018. Since then it didn’t fail me.

Very convenient to use and it’s graphical representations are also outstanding.

I hope developer will come up something so that it can analyse images also.

Sara
Sara
Student (Qatar)
Produits chimiques, Auto-entrepreneur

My review about OriginPro

Commentaires : Overall origin is very useful software that I recommend to each one who wants to be more professional in analyzing data.

The way that origin display my results are very effecient and formal. And it is very valuable while using it in sophisticated complex calculations. As I am a Master student using origin in every laboratory report analysis is very mandatory. It short cuts more of steps than using excel.

Origin is a bit difficult for a new user so it is not simple as excel. But in research writing origin is very important and active in initiating scientific graphs.

Cansel
Cansel
Assistant IT Manager (Turquie)
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001–5 000 employés

Perhaps the most comprehensive tool ever

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : I strongly suggest this software to all of my colleagues who are still using other widely known spreadsheet programs. When it comes to graphing and conducting regression analysis, Origin stands out as the superior choice by a considerable margin.

One standout feature is the effortless process of creating graphs from data. You simply input your data select the desired columns and click corresponding graph button and that all there is to it. Generating numerous graphs and fine tuning them is a quick and efficient process.

OriginPro has a steeper learning curve and usability is not as intuitive when compared to other software. In particular I find the data transformation through equations to be less user friendly. However overtime you become more accustomed to it and it becomes easier to navigate.

A personnal take on OriginPro

Commentaires : From my experience with the use of OrogonPro, OriginPro has the robustness and finesse that most - and infact, a great number of scientists and engineers, envision as "friendly" in terms of accomplishing tasks. Again, the picture quality generated from OriginPro 2018b is just awesome.

The ease of plotting graphs - highlight and drop into an already open chart and it is done. In a recent publication, it was beautiful for the Figure 6 to super-impose two different bar charts into one; using light and dark shades and height differences to distinguish two different features of the same material. I remember someone asking me with awe what software I used to plot Figure 6. Even before I could answer, another from within the audience answered "... I guess Origin.."

First: OriginPro 2019 crashed and shut down my applications on several occasions. I was so frustrated, I carefully avoided using it for anything even though I didn't uninstall it. I reverted to Origin 2018b, which has worked very well. Second: OriginPro doesn't have the flexibility to deconvolute XPS data - not if one doesn't know the number of peaks. Even with the number of peaks, OriginPro doesn't work that awesome compared to say XPS Peak4.1, which is what I eventually used for my XPS deconvolution. Third: It would be much better if tutorial videos or materials are someone user interfaced. In fact, let the user choose "NEVER show again" as an option if the user is very comfortable with that feature. However, a novice will find it very useful right off the bath. Fourth: From just opening OriginPro 2019, it doesn't seem to have that crisp clear image quality that Origin2018b has. Just my take as I saw it.

il y a 5 ans

Hello, Thank you very much for your comments on OriginPro! Regarding issues with version 2019 crashing, PLEASE contact us so we can work with you to resolve the issue. We have not seen any general issue with 2019 with our user base, so we would very much appreciate information from you and try help resolve this issue for you. Sincerely, Easwar Iyer OriginLab

Matthew Gormley
Research Associate V (É.-U.)
Recherche, 11–50 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

OriginPro enables powerful, precise data analysis and presentation

Commentaires : As an academic facility producing protein mass spectroscopy data, our community relies on us to not only acquire precise data, but to further analyze and present it in a means that is coherent and easily understood. OriginPro enables visual dissemination of newly acquired knowledge in a way that is mentally palatable to both novices and experts alike in the field and beyond.

OriginPro is a massively capable data analysis and plotting package. I have been using it for years and still feel as though I have just scratched the surface. From genome-wide association studies using Manhattan plots, to comparative pathway analysis using trellis plots, along with the ability to combine analysis from different projects with ease, producing publication quality figures has become near routine.

OriginPro can be intimidating at first blush. It is so capable, and the plots it produces so customizable, that it is almost too much. However, with patience and practice, along with a plethora of online assistance, beginners can surf the learning curve and produce plots with such clarity that it makes Excel output appear clunky in comparison.

Origin 212019b

Commentaires : Quantitative analyses of light/confocal/whole slide scan data, and graphical presentation of results. We are very interested in high-dimensional single cell-level analyses of tissue and tumor heterogeneity. Very large data sets are generated. Between Fiji/ImageJ and Origin we can accomplish a lot. We get the feeling that there is useful information within Origin that we cannot get to but which could be useful. On the other hand, speed is an issue, and if Origin was faster it would really help.

The most outstanding aspects of Origin are: 1. The depth of its analysis and visualization capabilities. 2. Its ability to handle large (> 3 million data points), and the associated Speed Mode. Apparently the limit is 90 million elements. 3. The outstanding customer support, which is knowledgeable and responsive. They are constantly doing their best to help us solve analysis and visualization issues arising with quantitative treatment of image data.

Origin is great software. What can be frustrating is: 1. Figuring out what Origin can do. There are all kinds of capabilities that are not always immediately evident. 2. Graphing speed. As one approaches a million points, Origin can get very slow even on a reasonably powerful workstation. It is not clear why this is the case, but memory and graphics card resources are not used at anything approaching their potential. 3. The worksheets. They are very powerful, but also very column oriented. There are times when it is more efficient to go into Excel and then bring the data back into Origin. There is no reason to re-create Excel, but a more spreadsheet-like cell-oriented mode would be really helpful.

Francisco
Researcher 4 (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Last update made nice improvements

Commentaires : Overall it's a good tool, for analysis has a wide variety of options and for plots is pretty decent. Despite having some details is very useful.

Is by far my favorite software for analysis/ plotting. Basically has a big variety of tools. The regular updates are a nice perk since there is continuous improvements.

Some functions work in an odd way, specially since it's so standardized to multiselect columns and apply, but for some you need to execute the function in one column and then apply it on all the columns to the right, which sometimes is pretty inconvenient and a waste of time.

Daniele

20 Plus years use fo ORIGIN

Commentaires : I would not be able to conduct research without it

I have been using the software since my undergrad and graduate school years (~2000) up until now and I despite several packages for data and statistical analysis available on the market I have not been able to replace the capabilities and flexibility of Origin

Medical Image analysis Tools (i.e. analysis of matrixes comprising medical image information)

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for your review! For issues with image analysis, please contact us at tech@originlab.com. We hope to better understand this issue and resolve. Thank you again!

Prabhu
Assistant Professor (Inde)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501–1 000 employés

Get Ahead with OriginPro: An In-Depth Analysis

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : OriginPro is a powerful tool for scientific research and data analysis, with a wide range of capabilities that can be highly customized to meet the needs of individual users.

1. OriginPro provides a wide range of analysis tools that can handle complex data sets, making it an excellent choice for scientific research and data analysis.2. The software is highly customizable, allowing users to create their own templates and toolbars to improve their workflows.3. OriginPro has excellent graphing and visualization capabilities, including 2D and 3D plots, contour plots, and heat maps, among others.4. The software provides strong statistical analysis capabilities, including ANOVA, regression analysis, and hypothesis testing.

OriginPro is expensive, making it less accessible for those on a tight budget. The software can be memory-intensive, which can cause slowdowns or crashes on less powerful computers.

ANINDITA
postdoctoral fellow (É.-U.)
Recherche, 10 000+ employés

OriginPro: Hands down one of the best softwares for handling research data

Commentaires : Mostly research related work.

I have been an origin user since the time I stepped into the field of research. And I have no hesitation in saying that handling data would be so much more problematic without Origin. Here are a few of the many advantages of using origin: 1. The wide range of options/functions makes data handling easier. Simply pasting data and related information in Origin Pro makes it so much easier to keep track of data. 2. Found this spectrum deconvolution option so useful. Instead of having to refer to complicated software available online, origin seemed to be a way more convenient option. 3. Simulate Curve is another great feature that helps me save a lot of time without having to go through the tiresome process of fitting the data with a function. Using the simulate option allows me to get a preview of the function's curve. That way it becomes easier to predict if a dataset would fit a particular function or not without physically having to fit the data.

The only complaint I have is data transfer between different versions of Origin. If I have an origin file that was saved using older versions of the Origin software that I try to open in a newer version it gets all messed up invariably.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Anindita, Thank you very much for the review! Regarding your comment: "If I have an origin file that was saved using older versions of the Origin software that I try to open in a newer version it gets all messed up invariably." Please send us a project that illustrates the issue, so we can look into this further. Sincerely, OriginLab

Assurance, 5 001–10 000 employés

Great Software with a Fantastic Support Team

Commentaires : We have a very particular data analytics environment, and have needed to generate a lot of custom reports. Some of them are generated for clients that expect the same format and package of results every time, but it can be a very manual and labor-intensive effort to produce for our higher-volume testing. Origin has provided a number of solutions - both by default, and some through further optimizations written just for us - that have made these processes take seconds to execute as opposed to the many minutes & hours before. And they've done this for us multiple times! Making our processes and reporting easier, both just with the software itself or providing custom tools & modules to integrate with the software. Further, many of our analysts have moved from graphing results in excel to graphing them in Origin, just because there are so many more options and capabilities to generate the right image, layout, and message for your audience.

- Countless options to customize the visual look/feel of results. - Very powerful, detailed, and beautiful graphing capabilities - Easy integration of custom code, modules, etc. - Powerful batch processing.

- A bit of an initial learning curve, particularly with understanding the vast number of features. - Experience using formulas is not as easy as excel, though more potentially advanced

nazilla
reseach scholar (Inde)
Recherche, 10 000+ employés

2020 with OriginPro

Commentaires : OK, my first review in capterra was about OriginPro only. However, when I got an email to write about "What software helps you stay on track at work in 2020?" I though I have to answer again "OriginPro". To be honest, my data analyzing can not happen without this software. At least, I do not know another precise helpful software. I wished the software was free for longer time (for now it is free for 6 months) for Universities and Colleges that the principals wont pay for it and students are responsible for the payment.

whole my data plotting and analysis depend on it! It is precise and so many functions are available to plot and analyze the data.

It should be free for research scholars and students for longer time. Unfortunately, when we use trail version the exported file has the background of "demo demo demo ..." which is not suitable to publish.

Aniket
Engineer (É.-U.)
Biotechnologie, 11–50 employés

Great graphing software

Very customizable, can be used to plot any type of graph or chart. The batch plotting option is also pretty handy if you need to plot multiple graphs. Easy to export or copy to other softwares. Specially that it can be edited from a Word or PowerPoint environment is amazing.

After editing a graph from Word or PowerPoint, I cannot save the entire workbook, but only the graph. Also once you have deleted the legends or axis titles, there is no way to get them back.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Aniket, Thank you for the review! Regarding your comment: "After editing a graph from Word or PowerPoint, I cannot save the entire workbook, but only the graph." When the graph is opened in Origin for editing, you can double-click on the data plot, then in Plot Details, on the data plot level, click the Workbook button on the right side panel to view the workbook. Regarding your comment: "Also once you have deleted the legends or axis titles, there is no way to get them back." Have you tried CTRL+Z (Undo)? Does that not work? If not working, can you provide some details? Also legend has option to reconstruct etc. You can right-click on legend for options. Sincerely. OriginLab

Sean

OriginPro for Research and Data Analysis

Commentaires : Overall, the product has been outstanding over the years. The cons are reasons that it is hard to justify asking my boss to make a large scale purchase of the software for my department. A fixed cost purchase is much more appealing for my team compared to yearly leasing.

I was introduced to Origin as a graduate student over 20 years ago. It became a common part of my research analysis. I first started using it for simple plots, and then expanded to scripting to automate plotting. Put simply, it build the best publication quality graphs.

There are a few cons of Origin. (i) It is very memory-hungry for what it does. Even with a Xeon processor and 32GB of RAM, it can be be slow to load. (ii) The data import is much improved compared to what was developed many years ago. That said, it is still clunky at times-especially for loading excel. (iii) When I have introduced this software to students, a common comment is that it is only available on a Windows platform. Many students use Mac or Linux.

Patrick
Research Scientist (É.-U.)
Recherche, 501–1 000 employés

Speed Mode is my life saver!

Commentaires : I'd have a very difficult time analyzing my data without OriginPro

My number one reason for choosing OriginPro is its ability to handle very large data sets. I can load a minutes long GapFree recording at high acquisition frequency without the software crashing and then quickly analysis and manipulate the data with SpeedMode. Also, the "format copy/paste" function a simple, but great time saver.

Some of the preferences are a bit buried in sub-menus. For example "fixed scaling factor" is off by default and requires several steps to activate.

Recherche, 5 001–10 000 employés

An essential tool for a researcher

Commentaires : It is perfect tool and vital for drawing graphs to compare and present the experimental results.

OriginPro’s predefined mathematical and statistical equation functions are the best. Some of the equations are even not defined in Matlab. Its spreadsheet interface is too easy to use with big chunk of data. My experimental data would not be more meaningful without originpro

Currently i have no problems with originpro. I hope they can add more functions such as code generation for importing several files at once. And matlab integration could be more extensive.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you for your review. We are eager to know what improvements related to matlab interactivity you would suggest. Please email us at tech@originlab.com. We look forward to hearing from you! Best, Technical Support

Alvin
Associate Professor in Chemistry (É.-U.)

The best software over Excel, Statgraphics, Cricket, and others

Commentaires : It is an excellent product that can be used by middle and high school students.

The ability to process data fast, and for me to incorporate superscripts and subscripts in my chemical formulae. Also, the ability to add a tiff file of my ChemDraw structures into my graphs. It is an excellent product that can be used by middle and high school students.

Irédon
Researcher (Inde)
Énergies renouvelables et environnement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Flexibility of original pro in data visualization

5,0 l’année dernière

What I most like from origine pro, is a perfect flexibility in data visualization without any skill in programing.

At least what I like from origine pro, is fully sufficient for any kind of data visualization