Slab changed the way our company creates and uses documentation

Carl N.
Internet, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Slab is so easy to use and has just the right amount of features to be everything you need, but not a lot of extra features that get in the way. From setting it up, to getting the team onboard, to adding new articles, to searching articles, everything works as you would expect without having to figure anything out. It's simple and easy to use, and we enjoy using it more and more. We are a web development firm and provide website maintenance services, so Slab contains everything from company policies to detailed technical documentation for solving specific problems, and it has worked great for everything we wanted to document.

Avantages: We love how easy it is for everyone to create and find documentation. We tried many different systems to store documentation, but Slab has worked really well for everyone in the company. The integration with Slack makes it so much more convenient than always having to go to yet another system. We can frequently answer each other's questions with a Slab article, and when we can't, we try to create the Slab article right then and respond to the person with a link to the newly built article. This has allowed us to better expand our documentation and stop repeating the same questions.

Inconvénients: There are only a few minor things we found that would be nice such as the ability to attach files right to an article rather than having to upload somewhere else and linking to it. We also looked at other systems that had checklists which seemed like a nice feature, but we realized we wouldn't actually use that feature. Neither of these features has even been missed as we've been using Slab for months now, and the more we use it, the more we like it.

Sleek, Intuitive, Blazing fast, and great customer support!

Publié le 27/03/2019
Daewon K.
System Engineer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was looking for a reasonably priced knowledge management service that works well with Korean.
I've tried many services in the past, and I had a lot of issues with search, export and sharing.
Atlassian's product was overwhelmingly feature-rich. It is a very nice product. But it wasn't for our team. Our team needed a simple product that is not so hard to use, and works well with Korean./
Slab is awesome in that it does the basic things just right. It is easy to write, find and share contents. I think it even presents very nicely.
I was very impressed by Slab team's customer support. They responded quickly to my questions and were very friendly. When I requested a feature, the team kept track of my request and sent me a mail a month later reminding me to check out the feature that I requested. I am not working for Slab nor am I related to their team by any means.
I am leading a small IT system admin team in Korea, (less than 15 people) and I found Slab while I was searching for a knowledge management system for my team.
I tried more than 5 solutions in the past 2 years. Slab was my pick.

Avantages: - fast search (it's really fast and precise)
- fast rendering of pages
- renders markdown in a very pleasing way
- an auto-generated table of contents is a great feature
- awesome customer service.

Inconvénients: It's still actively developing. Things might change here and there.
Integration still has rooms for improvement. I hope it supports integration with more on-premise solutions like NextCloud, and Mattermost.

Slab is a great choice for Markdown-based team documentation

Kate W.
Front End Designer
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are solving the business problem of a lack of documentation. We didn't have much in the way of documentation prior to using Slab. Slab has helped us compile most of our docs and information into one easy-to-access, easy-to-use central repository. We have realized benefits with on-boarding especially -- there's a lot of information we keep in Slab that isn't "ASAP must-reads" for new hires -- but that stuff is definitely still helpful for them to absorb in their first few weeks. Having a place where they can explore the documentation on their own, at their own pace -- it has been very valuable.

Avantages: - Simple, Markdown based docs. You can copy-paste from a Github repo if you were originally using that to store your information -- or vice versa, if you decide your Slab docs would be better off living in a README.
- Sensible export with usable file-names -- no platform lock. If you don't like Slab, you can leave very easily. One click of a button grabs all of your documents in Markdown format and sticks them into a Zip file.
- Congratulatory thanks messages on your posts are a nice touch that helps you feel as though your docs are actually being used when someone thanks you for them
- Organization/team/user settings are simple and they just work. Don't have to play with a billion permissions to make sure users can read and edit docs. Inviting new users is very simple.

Inconvénients: - No warning/success/failure/note pull-blocks to emphasize certain information. That said, I suggested it to Slab's customer support team, and they said it is on the roadmap!
- Tables are not so good -- but Markdown tables in general are very simple, so this is more a Markdown limitation than a Slab limitation.
- Image handling is not so good -- you don't get to set alignments or text wrapping. Again I think this is a Markdown limitation rather than a Slab limitation -- you are trading the Markdown simplicity for some table and image control.

Functional but needs more features

Geoff B.
Program Coordinator
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Slab will be a useful tool for us to share information internally. Updates are coming, but the updates page (https://updates.slab.com/) doesn't seem to be updated in sync with releases and updates don't seem too frequent. I look forward to monitoring the direction the Slab team takes their software.

Avantages: My favourite things about Slab are: - integration with Google Drive (including searches).
- searches don't just bring up where the term was found, but also highlight it in context.
- calendars, spreadsheets, and other documents can be embedded into documents.
- ability to add guests.

Inconvénients: My least favourite things about Slab are: - it can be hard to know what to read and how to read it.
- images cannot be embedded inline with text.
- email addresses are not automatically parsed into mailto: links.
- there is no find and replace (within a post nor system wide).
- ordered lists cannot have paragraphs in between (without restarting the numbering).
- when cross-referencing other posts (by typing + to bring up the contextual menu and then starting to type), there's no easy way to link to a heading.
- there's no feature to check for dead links.
- when tagging teammates, it only uses their full name (there's no way to enter just their first name or put a shortened ID via one's profile).
- screenshots are outdated on their website (so what you see there isn't what you see in your account).
- there does not appear to be any document versioning.

Slab was down for an hour due to some fire or windstorm something weird and I could hardly function.

Sam C.
Product Manager
Design, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Whenever a vendor or person who doesn't work here uses our slab they have decided to implement slab at their company. Every. Time.

Avantages: easy and clean way to store your teams information. integrates with most everything.
we work with a lot of vendors, and slab is by far the easiest way to onboard them with all the info they could ever need.

Inconvénients: you need a champion. to speerhead getting onboarded and practicing regular hygeine. one you get over that initial internal user adoption bump tho, (i undestand this will sound weird) but people will get addicted to making sure your companies info and policies are correct.

The only company wiki you will ever need!

Publié le 14/04/2019
Ricardo F.
Product Manager
Loisirs, voyage et tourisme, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We compared apps ranging from minimalst Nuclino to complex Confluence: Slab was the clear winner and we never regretted the choice! It was a breeze to get everyone onto the app and going. Sharing articles on Slack is practical, collaboration features don't leave anything desired, user access is handy, activity keep you updated and history makes human error easy to fix. Frequent updates makes this app better by the month, the team cares and is quick to respond. Thanks to representative and his team!

Avantages: - easy of use, setup and management (domain sign-on, sections, familiar editor)
- slick and modern design lets you focus on what's important and forget everything else
- best in class editing experience, reminiscent of Dropbox Paper
- growing list of integrations with apps we love (Airtable, Paper, Asana, Trello, Slack...)
- powerful unified cross platform search (Slab, Slack, Google Drive)
- find always what you're looking with Slab's magical search

Inconvénients: - lack of text formatting (some can be accessed through keyboard shortcuts)
- table integration could be more complex
- sections can't be collapsed
- no user groups, though it's easy to add single users

A great tool to store knowledge for your organization

Taylor H.
Customer Success
Internet, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We were looking for a durable place to store team knowledge that everyone could search and contribute to. We experimented with a dozen other platforms but Slab was the most feature-complete and easiest to use of the bunch. The team is small but their response time and customer service is excellent.

Avantages: It's easy to use with a wonderfully simple interface. Very easy to teach to peers and get them contributing in no time. The ability to search Slab, Slack, and Google Drive all at once is a lifesaver.

Inconvénients: It can be a little bit difficult to visually navigate between the different topics. The interface is very minimal so it's out of the way, but not exactly beautiful.

Slab has become a core part of how we do business

Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to get started, easy to use. You don't need a whole library of knowledge or even have thought about the perfect organizational scheme. Slab was a great tool for us when we were just getting started, has scaled with us nicely, and I can clearly see how it will scale with us further as we grow.

Inconvénients: Weren't many integrations to start, but have been adding them at a rapid clip.

Really nice collaborative notes

Developer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use Slack and take notes on our own computers, usually using Bear. Before Slab, we would literally copy and paste the latest markdown from a specific note into a Slack channel or DM. Basecamp doesn’t offer collaborative notes whatsoever, and we got tired of not being in sync. Slab is our go-to collaborate note taking app now, and we use it constantly throughout the day on a number of software projects. It’s the only way we’d be able to keep in sync.

Avantages: Markdown support and collaborative editing! We had previously used a tool named for mountain climbing, and editing text using their editor was horrendous. For a web tool made around teams, Slab does an excellent job getting out of the way when we start working.

Inconvénients: It’s sometimes unclear at first what to do with projects and posts, since they nest inside each other. I also haven’t figured out if there’s a way to specify a default post sort for all projects (descending by modified time would be best). Both are very minor.

A sleek and intuitive wiki tool with outstanding search and the best customer support

Publié le 29/03/2019
Senior Project Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has been nothing but positive, and I wish Slab further growth and a ton of happy users!

Avantages: Slab is extremely user-friendly and easy to set up. It took no time to figure out all of the conveniently laid out features and start documenting my team's knowledge and organizing it using Topics (labels).
- The search is fantastic and extends to your Slack and GDrive if you give Slab the permissions;
- The roles and permissions settings are very flexible and you can compartmentalize your information and give access only to the people who should see it.
- The live chat support is the best I've ever encountered, and the overall customer service experience has been great: quick response time, helpful answers, positive attitude.
- The product has been continuously developing and improving over the course of the 4 months I've been using it, and a ton of functionality has been added as if per my personal request addressing all of my team's core needs (private topics, topic subscriptions and others).

Inconvénients: The only drawback for my team is lack of Gitlab integration, but I know it's a huge piece of functionality, so I hope as the demand grows it will be added.

Much Better Than Confluence

Publié le 27/03/2019
Jon C.
CTO
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My team finds that Slab meets our needs MUCH better than Atlassian Confluence. We made up our minds to make the switch only a few days into our trial.

Avantages: Slab just WORKS. It achieved our major requirements:
* Live-updating for collaborative note taking (especially helpful in meetings and interviews)
* Access restrictions: some of our knowledge needs to be accessible only by certain users
* Great cut-and-paste: this was especially helpful in transitioning from Confluence, and in aggregating knowledge from other sources
* Reasonable pricing
* Stable: it just works! A huge shift from Confluence, which was constantly broken

Inconvénients: I miss columns and more advanced layouts, but they are not mission-critical. I *really* miss embedding PDFs. Slab lets you upload images... but that's it. No other files. I REALLY hope this changes soon.

Great team wiki

Engineering Manager
Internet, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I’ve loved using slab as an engineering manager onboarding new hires, as well as a startup founder focused on product management.

Avantages: The beautiful, intuitive, simple interface

Inconvénients: Lack of permissions, which has recently been fixed with secret notes and guest access

Great decision to utilize Slab!

Publié le 28/03/2019
Christina H.
Internal Projects Coordinator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have had a great experience with Slab! They have been so helpful and responsive during our preparation in rolling this out to our team.

Avantages: The design is very aesthetically appealing and design is easy to use!

Inconvénients: So far, our team has not run into any cons for this software. Any issues we have run into has been fixed in a timely manner.

Intuitive & a pleasure to use

Médias en ligne, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to use, customizable, and well adapted for companies seeking to have a central hub for documentation for the entire org.

Inconvénients: At first, it was challenging to figure out some of the product features that were available.

My desktop is beautiful now

Madison O.
Growth
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Work feels calm, cool and collected when I use Slab. I spend less time bouncing back and forth between tabs and more time *actually thinking* through the content of a doc. With their integrations, everything flows in so smoothly. Not to mention, I spend way less time searching through my inbox, slack messages and Drive in order to find the thing I actually need - THAT is game-changing for my productivity and flow.

Inconvénients: I wish you could make some topics public so it could serve as a help desk!

Internal Wiki for Law Practice

Publié le 01/04/2019
Sumin K.
Attorney
Cabinet d'avocats, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: They have been responsive to my needs. Some of my product feedback was fixed and implemented very quickly. I appreciate the attention to customer feedback. The recent UX update is very nice as well.

Avantages: It is an easy way to disseminate information to a broad legal team to make sure high value legal knowledge is not silo'd in individuals. It improves our overall efficiency as a firm.

Inconvénients: One of our use cases is a Quora type Q&A. However, it is not easy to capture Quora like functionality. This would help make the product more dynamic for our purposes.

The best team Wiki and company information and process documentation application.

David J.
Immobilier, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use slab for an Internal Wiki and team information storage.

Avantages: 1. Very fast and responsive. The search and speed of the application is among the fastest i've seen.
2. Easily to quickly jump in and start using effectively right away.
3. Nice design. Easy to navigate within the application. The commenting features are great.

Inconvénients: 1. Would be a couple features i'd like to see added but overall its perfectly sufficient for what we use it primarily for.

Slab Provided the Easy Documentation Needed

Jeff C.
Organisme politique, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I would gladly recommend this as a wiki for enterprise use. It's easy to use while still offering most of what an organization needs in a system like this.

Avantages: It was easy to begin creating our first documents. Once we'd determined our topic organizational structure we were off. We had a stockpile of Google docs that copied over. New pages were simple to create and edit.

Inconvénients: I wish Slab had an automated table of contents that functioned independently of the topics.

Using Slab to replace Confluence

Brandon T.
CTO
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great! It has really helped us rapidly organize our SW Documentation with little to no team training to use.

Avantages: So easy to use ... I had our entire documentation structure built in about 10 min and was able to rapidly role this out internally.

Inconvénients: The biggest issue I see is the interface for attaching Google Drive documents inside of Posts. Instead of being able to just browse and select a file you have to get the share link and manually paste it in.

Easy Wiki Solution

Steve M.
Lead Pastor
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This is extremely easy to use and implement on a team. Allows for a great collaboration and easy sharing of information with those outside the organization as well.

Inconvénients: Some of the export features are limited. The PDF export does not utilize the markdown platform very well. To create a shareable link outside the organization is slightly confusing

Slab is the smartest "no-brainer" knowledge database for our company.

Matthew D.
Master of Coin
Édition, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our experience with Slab has been phenomenal. We were currently using an alternative knowledge database, but the functionality, and ease-of-use does not compare at all to Slab.

Avantages: -Incredibly user-friendly interface
-Integration with many different tech tools, like Slack and Google Drive
-Beautiful design

Inconvénients: Honestly, everything looks incredible. I honestly can't find a single flaw.

Great alternative to Google docs

Care Navigation
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We enjoy using it. We have tried other similar softwares, such as confluence, but Slab works better and has a better user experience and smoother flow

Avantages: Allows more interaction and building off of the work from others on the team. It serves as a great library of information and can be read through easily.

Inconvénients: There are a lot of moving pieces and it can get overwhelming.

Dream come true (literally, for real)

Reuben P.
CEO & Founder

Commentaires: Beyond expectations

Avantages: - intuitive
- clean design
- simple but covers all the needs
- very responsive team

Inconvénients: Just a few larger company things like more hierarchy in permissions and things but they’re adding features in this area so fast it doesn’t even matter.

Really cool knowledge management software

Publié le 09/04/2019
Marketing Analyst (Team Lead)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Used it for creating our marketing wiki and to share stuff within the organization and enable the sales team.

Avantages: It has an awesome & crisp user interface, easy to use editor with tons of integrations and most importantly this app super fast unlike many collaboration tools I have seen that get really slow. I have enjoyed working on it thus looking forward to getting the paid version.

Inconvénients: Not that I can think of anyone right now. Would love Grammarly integration.

Absolutely Love Slab

Joe B.
Senior Product Designer
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have had no issues. You guys are awesome.

Avantages: Ease of use, readability, UI, great customer support

Inconvénients: A dark theme would be nice. Perhaps even the option to implement custom CSS. A desktop Mac app version would be really nifty too.